Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Girl, Recycled (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/692547-girl-recycled.html)

pri17cess72 09-25-2010 10:30 AM

Girl, Recycled

New journey, new journal!

Been on the LC weight loss program for about 10 years and it sad to say I have lost (recycled) the same weight for the last 10 years.

Time to get serious once and for all.

It helps me to come in and post if I have been on plan each day and what exercise (if any!) I have done.

One common denominator in all of this....I feel soooooo much better on LC.
So why dont I stay on it you ask? That's the million dollar question.

glamazon 09-25-2010 02:07 PM

We're in the same boat. Journalling here has really helped me stay on target. Good luck to you, you can do it!

pri17cess72 09-25-2010 07:43 PM

Hi Angela! thanks for stopping by. yes I do believe journaling helps me stay on track--this is probably my 5th or 6th journal!!!

Ate on plan today. Didnt get any exercise in.
I did go get some supplements to put in my shake when I make it.
I am going to try a new recipe that I saw Jackie Warner talk about on her thintervention show.

pri17cess72 09-25-2010 07:57 PM

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhh! Cant wait to try this! :)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...cotta-pie.html

pri17cess72 09-26-2010 08:48 PM

Day 2 back on plan! feeling good! :)

Ate well but no exercise. Planning on joining 24 hour fitness....getting a bit tired of my kickboxing class.

Found some great recipes today.
Blender coconut pie
Ricotta quiche
Beef guisada

Cant wait to try them all!

pri17cess72 02-06-2013 01:47 PM

Back on LC after losing weight down to 148 last spring then in jan 2012 I started putting weight back on and a year later I'm right back to where I've always started.

Lots of change in my life over last few years:
New job
New boyfriend
Had a cancer dx that changed my life

I've certainly learned that I need to take my health more seriously. I just had major surgery to remove the surgery and tomorrow I will find out if I'm cancer free!!

I can't exercise much now. Just some light walking but for now I will need to watch my carbs so the weight doesn't creep up while I'm sedentary.

Looking back when I've had the most success it has been on metabolism miracle combined with walking. I really need to get back to that. I would also like to try yoga!

I have a lot to be grateful for and I really need to make some serious changes in my life to be healthy. I just feel like I'm always saying that. I believe I've had the wake up call I need.

I'm eating every 5 hours, drinking a ton of water and light walking.

This girl has been recycled.... Again. :)

pri17cess72 02-07-2013 10:34 AM

Going to Dr today to find out if I'm cancer free and can get surgical thing out!!! I hope and pray today is a good day! And I get fantastic news!!! Xoxo.

pri17cess72 02-07-2013 10:35 AM

On a separate note, I'm losing daily but I still have 5 lbs of the 10 lbs I gained in water weight from surgery.

Hoping to get that off soon!! Xo

pri17cess72 02-08-2013 08:25 AM

Got fantastic news! Cancer free and surgical thing is out!! :)

I'm losing daily. I need to add more activity to my day. I'm allowed to do light walking and I need to do that.

I'm 2 weeks post op today and all clear to drive. Thinking I should drive to gym to walk on treadmill, or walk in neighborhood or mall. :)

pri17cess72 02-10-2013 08:16 AM

I took a walk yesterday at the Lafayette resovoir. Did a 3 mi walk. 15 days after surgery! I was exhausted at night. But I did it!! Weather is so beautiful right now I want to walk again today! So grateful for my health! :) it helps give me the motivation I need.

pri17cess72 02-14-2013 08:30 AM

:heart:Happy Valentines day!:heart:
On this day 11 years ago, my father passed away. I grieved for many many many years. I did begin my LC journey after his passing. I was gaining weight and I was in my 20's and too heavy. My father did mention it in a kind way. He also had diabetes and didn't want me to get the adult onset diabetes. His passing is what made me start the journey. I have gained and lost throughout the 11 years, never reaching my goal but getting close then I would slip up and it would take many many months to get back on track. I just became a cancer survivor and have understood how precious my life is. I need to take care of myself. I want to be healthy and live a long life!
:jumpjoy:

giggles4me 02-14-2013 08:40 AM

YOU Go!
My son who was diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer has been in remission almost 3years. He was only 22 years old when diagnosed. His cancer changed his life as well as my outlook on my life too.

Let's get healthy!

pri17cess72 02-15-2013 07:37 AM

Thank you Jeanne for stopping by and showing your encouragement! I'm so happy your son beat cancer!! :) it really does help you put a different perspective on life! Life is so precious!
My diagnosis helped me understand the importance I need to put on my own life and my own health!

:)

pri17cess72 02-15-2013 07:39 AM

Yesterday I walked 3.2 miles 3 weeks after surgery. It does exhaust me but I need to exercise to help me in recovery. I walked about 3mph and increases incline to 3 about mid way. It took an hour for me to walk 3.2 miles. I will try to increase a little each day and week.

pri17cess72 02-16-2013 08:49 PM

Today walked 2.8 miles
I'm 3 weeks post op

Watched the movie fat head it made a lot of sense to me. Need to remember to watch it often
I enjoyed the part of how the body uses insulin and the info about how we did not have carbs many years ago. Food pyramid touts grains but when did we eat grains?
So interesting.

pri17cess72 02-17-2013 07:31 PM

Did 3 mi on free motion. Felt almost good enough to run. Had the urge to run but I didn't. I didn't want to injure myself or pop a stitch.

Went to pay my respects to my Dad today and stopped by to see my Mom and Bro.

Bf is out of town on a work trip this weekend. He comes back wed.
I have a Mexican meatloaf in the oven now. First time making it. Found recipe on Pinterest.

pri17cess72 02-18-2013 09:19 AM

2/18/13 weekly weigh in

Down 3lbs this week. I think it could have been more if I didn't have that little slip up on fri night.
But I will take the 3 lbs!!! :clap:

pri17cess72 02-20-2013 10:25 AM

I've been doing well getting my exercise in. I just need to figure out ways to fit in exercise when I go back to work.

I finally dropped the 10lbs I gained during surgery. I lost those same 10lbs prior to surgery. If I lose another 13 I will still be heavier than I want but my clothes will fit better.

Emotionally I'm still struggling. Everyday I am getting stronger from surgery but still have a long way to go. I'm trying to stay positive as best as possible.

pri17cess72 02-25-2013 07:59 AM

2/25/13 weigh in (-2lbs)

Good morning! Happy Monday

I don't know what happened with those 2lbs I gained sat but I've lost them today so I'm down 2lbs for the week. I wish it was a bigger loss but a loss is a loss. I've been eating a lot of cheese and I wonder if that is contributing to the minimal loss. I've been walking but nothing strenuous so I don't think it's the exercise with increase in muscle. :dunno:

pri17cess72 03-01-2013 10:43 AM

Feb 2013 lost 10lbs

Happy March!

I lost 10lbs the month of feb! :jumpjoy:
I return to work this month so I will continue on my woe and plan to exercise for 60min3x week at minimum
I started taking my Met again and will commit to taking it until September (6months)
My Dr says I don't need to take it for pcos anymore but that it will help with my sugars and in turn help with wright loss.

I also want to increase my water intake and focus on upping coconut oil to 2tbs.
To see if that helps me out.