Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/259.8/199
WOE: IF and Calorie Counting
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning! I had a very great day yesterday. Simply no hunger. I went out with some co-workers to a Mexican food restaurant. These places are dangerous to me because I want to eat a whole basket of tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa. I gave myself permission to have a few chips and some rice from my plate. I ordered the special, but only ate the chicken from the tacos and ate almost all of the borracho beans. I was expecting a gain in the morning, but I am at the same exact weight. So far so good. My little experiment is working. I had a protein shake for supper because I was not hungry and went to bed early. I have been cleaning up my area to transition to the new position on the 22nd so I have been very busy. Also, I noticed that I really get a workout at night. It is amazing at how many times I go up and down my stairs for things for the baby. However, starting this weekend I will be joining Deb, TBF, Misty, and Pati in the exercise room. I am going to stop being lazy. I tend to like the stair master or the elliptical trainer so those are the machines I will use or I will go on a walk with the baby. Either way, I’m breaking out of the house this weekend to take care of me. Have a great day!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning! I had a very great day yesterday. Simply no hunger. I went out with some co-workers to a Mexican food restaurant. These places are dangerous to me because I want to eat a whole basket of tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa. I gave myself permission to have a few chips and some rice from my plate. I ordered the special, but only ate the chicken from the tacos and ate almost all of the borracho beans. I was expecting a gain in the morning, but I am at the same exact weight. So far so good. My little experiment is working. I had a protein shake for supper because I was not hungry and went to bed early. I have been cleaning up my area to transition to the new position on the 22nd so I have been very busy. Also, I noticed that I really get a workout at night. It is amazing at how many times I go up and down my stairs for things for the baby. However, starting this weekend I will be joining Deb, TBF, Misty, and Pati in the exercise room. I am going to stop being lazy. I tend to like the stair master or the elliptical trainer so those are the machines I will use or I will go on a walk with the baby. Either way, I’m breaking out of the house this weekend to take care of me. Have a great day!
AMAZING JEN!!! congrats on your control and joining us on the exercise train!!!... whoo hooo misery loves company....
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Really...i can't wait to join the exercise group
Old 11-13-2010, 05:33 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! Week one is complete for me. I tried with all my might to keep things within reason this week with some experimentations with carbs. I do not think carbs are my enemy any longer. Here are some lessons I've learned this week. Btw, I am down 8 lbs for Week one:
1. Sharing my lunch is a great way to assist in portion control
2. When my body does not have a release...have a higher fat day with cheese and cream
3. In order to lose consistently; my percentages of protein, fat, and carbs need to be close to equal (i am speaking about the pie graph in fit day)
4. I feel great when i have 700 calories with one high day of 1500 a week due to a mostly seated job
5. Weekends are different...eat to live...don't live to eat. Therefore, if I am active and need more food. I will eat more food. If not, then my body won't crave more food.
6. Listen to my body. Make better choices.

Have a nice weekend ladies. I will check in later.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #125

Congrats Jen, I feel like a proud momma.... and I have done nothing but just watch you go! Wonderful job keep it up and you are learning so much about yourself in the process... AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Deb...lol thats so cute

Jen...hope your having a great day!!!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Deb! I really feel like your little girl. I am learning a lot about myself. i was up again this morning. Not much just .2 lbs. So today will be a low cal/low fat day. I will try to do the low cal/low fat Mon-Thurs and Saturday with Friday and Sunday as high days. Hope you had a great weekend. Talk with you later.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:51 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mistydisa
Stats: 224/199/150
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: Sept. 30, 2010
Good morning, Jen! Have a great day! KUTGW!
mistydisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #129

Quote:
Thanks Deb! I really feel like your little girl. I am learning a lot about myself. i was up again this morning. Not much just .2 lbs. So today will be a low cal/low fat day. I will try to do the low cal/low fat Mon-Thurs and Saturday with Friday and Sunday as high days. Hope you had a great weekend. Talk with you later.
Hi Jen, you hard workin woman!..I have so many new daughters and DIL's here... I LOVE IT!!!.. .keep up the great work girl,and moving on down that scale.. most important thing is learning as you go!....

Have a wonderful, successful day!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I haven’t been feeling very well so my post will be short. I am down this morning from this weekend. I know that I overdid the cashews and chocolate, but it was so good and worth it. I am still retaining a lot of water. I can feel it in my fingers. So, I will continue to weigh in every morning. I’m not an avid weigher, so I will probably stop after the end of this week and go back to weighing in once a week. I really like to see the big picture. I had a mishap with my babysitter yesterday, so I missed work and had to find a new care provider for my baby. That was extremely stressful! It worked out for the best. Rory likes the new babysitter and I really like her so I am not stressed any longer. I am not really following any protocol today; just eating to live…not living to eat. So far I’ve had a breakfast sandwich…low fat made with egg whites and turkey sausage. Lunch will be beef spring rolls and supper will more than likely be a vegetable soup or protein shake. I may just try to maintain until after the holidays like most of my HHCG buddies also. It sounds awesome, but so does a size 12…decisions…decisions…
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hi Jen, you hard workin woman!..I have so many new daughters and DIL's here... I LOVE IT!!!.. .keep up the great work girl,and moving on down that scale.. most important thing is learning as you go!....

Have a wonderful, successful day!
Awesome! I'm glad there is room for more
Old 11-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Your menu sounds great!!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:00 AM   #133

Morning busy lady!!.. hope all is going well!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! All is going well. I have been very busy. I have a new baby sitter and start my new position next week so I've been wrapping things up in the current position. They still haven't hired anyone so I am sure I will be training for a while in my spare time of course...lol. What spare time? I am up this morning. I don't think the up day down day thing is working for me or it may be the cashews and chocolate that I feast on up days...lol! Well, today will be a down day and I will try and have another down day tomorrow. I just must remember up days do not equal sweets or loads of cashews. Also, TOM is here this morning. The good news is that I started my exercise this morning. I found out that the only time that I will be able to exercise with my crazy schedule is while everyone is asleep. It's a small sacrifice to pay for some me time Today I did 30 minutes on the stair master. I will add a minute everyday like Deb until it becomes a habit. I may try to start taking some classes on the weekend when I have more time. We will see...baby steps right now
Old 11-17-2010, 06:19 AM   #135

Yes Jen, the UP days are still supposed to be fairly healthy foods... I have 1 day a week where I allow chocolate or something like that now.. but otherwise I stick to a pretty boring bunch of foods...

Congrats on the exercise!!!... It really is becomming a habit, especially when I have to stare at it in the living room and it teases me if I don't get on it!...

Good luck with your busy life and also trying to lose... I applaud you!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Way to go getting the exercise in, and on the stair master too another scarey machine lol
Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

I gave into the evil monster this afternoon. I ate more sugar and carbs. I need to get my head back in the game. Please send me positive energy...
Old 11-17-2010, 11:52 AM   #138

SENDING YOU NOTHING BUT GOOD POSITIVE VIBES!!!... find it again JEN!! you know you can!... don't let the stress monster get to ya... you are doing so awesome!!...
Old 11-18-2010, 04:34 AM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

I hope lastnight went well, sending good vibes your way too
Old 11-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all so much. I just gave into my sugar cravings during this time of the month. I feel better today because I know it's a new day. I am going to stay the course for the rest of this week and through the weekend. However, next week I will be treading lightly and taking it one bite at a time
I upped my exercise from 30 minutes to 31 this morning. i really am enjoying the exercise. Thanks Deb, Misty, TBF, and Pati for helping me make this decision to exercise. I feel great! Unfortunately, I tripped this morning on my front step and scraped my legs up pretty badly. I am going to go wash the scrapes now that I am at work. I didn't weigh in this morning...I think everyone knows why...I am skeered and don't need a reason to throw in the towel. I'll weigh after the weekend or TOM is gone to see how I did. Talk to you later and thanks again for the positive vibes
Old 11-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #141

Quote:
Thank you all so much. I just gave into my sugar cravings during this time of the month. I feel better today because I know it's a new day. I am going to stay the course for the rest of this week and through the weekend. However, next week I will be treading lightly and taking it one bite at a time
I upped my exercise from 30 minutes to 31 this morning. i really am enjoying the exercise. Thanks Deb, Misty, TBF, and Pati for helping me make this decision to exercise. I feel great! Unfortunately, I tripped this morning on my front step and scraped my legs up pretty badly. I am going to go wash the scrapes now that I am at work. I didn't weigh in this morning...I think everyone knows why...I am skeered and don't need a reason to throw in the towel. I'll weigh after the weekend or TOM is gone to see how I did. Talk to you later and thanks again for the positive vibes

Awe Jen !! so happy you like the exercise.. ME TOO!!! sorry you scraped your self up though!...

Don't blame you one bit on the weighing thing.. sometimes it does backfire on us and you did what was right for you!!!...

EVEN MORE!! positive vibes coming your way from us!!...
Old 11-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

That is awful sorry about your poor legs, hope it is not to painful Good idea waiting to weigh until TOM takes a hike!!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Okay...confession time. I did not adhere to the plan. New plan...stay on the plan from this point. My plan is to keep cals 800 and under through this weekend and no sugar. I know I can do this. I hope I am not sabatoging myself like usual. Old habits do not go away quickly.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #144

Quote:
Okay...confession time. I did not adhere to the plan. New plan...stay on the plan from this point. My plan is to keep cals 800 and under through this weekend and no sugar. I know I can do this. I hope I am not sabatoging myself like usual. Old habits do not go away quickly.
Hang in there Jen! you can do it. Old habits ARE hard to overcome, but we can. ONE hour at a time if need be... Are you trying to lose or maintain? Make sure your head is in the right place hon! We are here cheering you on!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

You are right Deb. I am acting like I am trying to gain. From here on out I will just try to maintain through this week and next. Then I will actively try to lose until Christmas. My goal is to be in my size 12's by Christmas so I cannot take too long off to maintain, but I think that is what I will do. I am starting exercise and that has definitely increased my appetite. I did 32 minutes on the stair master today. It felt sooooo good! I am going to keep this up because I feel wonderful and sexy for doing it. Thank you all for checking on me. I haven't been able to catch up with anyone for a few days, but will catch up this weekend. Still no weigh it. TOM is packing up and should be gone by tomorrow or Sunday. So, officially I am maintaining. Thanks, Deb for helping me get my head wrapped around what I am doing
Old 11-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mistydisa
Stats: 224/199/150
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: Sept. 30, 2010
Quote:
I did 32 minutes on the stair master today. It felt sooooo good! I am going to keep this up because I feel wonderful and sexy for doing it.
Good for you! It really does make you feel better, doesn't it? If sexy while working out is what you like, you gotta try Zumba! It's such a good workout, and you shake your hips so much, you can't help but feel sassy and sexy!
mistydisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:14 AM   #147

Quote:
You are right Deb. I am acting like I am trying to gain. From here on out I will just try to maintain through this week and next. Then I will actively try to lose until Christmas. My goal is to be in my size 12's by Christmas so I cannot take too long off to maintain, but I think that is what I will do. I am starting exercise and that has definitely increased my appetite. I did 32 minutes on the stair master today. It felt sooooo good! I am going to keep this up because I feel wonderful and sexy for doing it. Thank you all for checking on me. I haven't been able to catch up with anyone for a few days, but will catch up this weekend. Still no weigh it. TOM is packing up and should be gone by tomorrow or Sunday. So, officially I am maintaining. Thanks, Deb for helping me get my head wrapped around what I am doing
Anytime Jen! Good luck to ya, and honestly think maintaining is best at this time for most of us... Just takes some pressure off! By maintaining, I reserve the right to do a day of low/cals/carbs/correction to get off the weight I may have put on... so today.. apple and cheese... We shall see!

Congrats on feeling so goood!!! about exercising!!! keep it up!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydisa View Post
Good for you! It really does make you feel better, doesn't it? If sexy while working out is what you like, you gotta try Zumba! It's such a good workout, and you shake your hips so much, you can't help but feel sassy and sexy!
Oh, my! Well, Misty...my gym has Zumba. I may give it a go! Thanks
Old 11-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Anytime Jen! Good luck to ya, and honestly think maintaining is best at this time for most of us... Just takes some pressure off! By maintaining, I reserve the right to do a day of low/cals/carbs/correction to get off the weight I may have put on... so today.. apple and cheese... We shall see!

Congrats on feeling so goood!!! about exercising!!! keep it up!!!
Thanks Deb...errr Yoda You are a great inspiration. I know that I can do this because you have blazed the trail ahead of us. Thanks! You rock my socks off!!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:18 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Jen, have a great weekend!