LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 06:54 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Today is day number five of the “experiment” and I am down 3 lbs total. I stabilized mostly this weekend and saw a pound and a half loss this morning. Yesterday was a low day so I stayed at 500 calories. So, this really does work no matter which way you slice it. I like having higher calorie days on the weekend so I will probably keep that rotation for a while and eat low to mid during the week. Then I will switch it up. I seriously considering starting to exercise again. I cannot say that I love to exercise, but I love the way it makes me feel afterwards…Now that I have my eating and portion control working for me; this may be a great time to start some exercise plan. The problem with me is that I don’t feel like I have the time to do it. I know once I set my mind to it that it will happen, but I am so tired by 9pm and I do not want to give up an hour of sleep to wake up earlier. I am so great at talking myself out of doing things. Hahahahaha!!! Here’s today’s low cal menu:
2 slices of bacon
4 turkey deli wraps w/swiss cheese
Chicken P2 chili (love this stuff!)
Oolong tea and loads of water with regular supplements
YES IT DOES!!! Congrats Jen you are doing so well!! and eating well too!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Super loss
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/259.8/199
WOE: IF and Calorie Counting
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Super loss
Thank you soooo much!! I see that you are doing callenetics I loved callenetics when i was a teenager. It really works! So, do use the book or a dvd?
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
YES IT DOES!!! Congrats Jen you are doing so well!! and eating well too!
Thank you so much! I'll have to check in and see how you are doing
Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

I use a DVD I have callanetics evolution it is great it shows 3 different woman at 3 different levels and explains the concepts very well, it is the magic regarding toning. The host of the DVD Sandra Hanna is part of the monthly callanetics challenge on this board and she gives tips, and answers questions etc.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I use a DVD I have callanetics evolution it is great it shows 3 different woman at 3 different levels and explains the concepts very well, it is the magic regarding toning. The host of the DVD Sandra Hanna is part of the monthly callanetics challenge on this board and she gives tips, and answers questions etc.
I just saw you are from Northern Ireland. My DH is from Belfast. What a coincidence!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

What a small world lol I have two sisters living in Belfast
Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What a small world lol I have two sisters living in Belfast
We hope to be in Dublin for the holidays... So, do you watch footie?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

I love love love Dublin but it is to darn expensive I am not a big footie fan thank god lol
Old 10-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I stayed with a VLCD yesterday even though I was soooo hungry toward the end. I noticed that I really do not feel good eating LC at 500 calories a day. I get very light headed and weak when climbing the stairs so I will bump up the low calorie days to 600 and see how I do. Yesterday’s menu was 2 slices of bacon, deli slices with swiss cheese and a bit of Tabasco, and some P2 ground chicken chili. Today will be a mid calorie range 1000-1100 range and I plan on having Pho with my co-workers for lunch so I am skipping breakfast and will have a light dinner since lunch will consist of boiled beef and veggies. I love Pho…I do not include the rice noodles. I’m not brave enough for that …..yet!! lol. However, this weekend is my daughter’s birthday party. She turns 13 today and I plan on baking her a cookie cake with cream cheese icing and berries on top. I’m sure the fingers will go in the mouth, but I’m not worried because I am allowing myself to have a “free day”. Today I am down another pound so the scale is moving in the right direction.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #41

Quote:
Good morning! I stayed with a VLCD yesterday even though I was soooo hungry toward the end. I noticed that I really do not feel good eating LC at 500 calories a day. I get very light headed and weak when climbing the stairs so I will bump up the low calorie days to 600 and see how I do. Yesterday’s menu was 2 slices of bacon, deli slices with swiss cheese and a bit of Tabasco, and some P2 ground chicken chili. Today will be a mid calorie range 1000-1100 range and I plan on having Pho with my co-workers for lunch so I am skipping breakfast and will have a light dinner since lunch will consist of boiled beef and veggies. I love Pho…I do not include the rice noodles. I’m not brave enough for that …..yet!! lol. However, this weekend is my daughter’s birthday party. She turns 13 today and I plan on baking her a cookie cake with cream cheese icing and berries on top. I’m sure the fingers will go in the mouth, but I’m not worried because I am allowing myself to have a “free day”. Today I am down another pound so the scale is moving in the right direction.

Fantastic!!! No way I can do 500 anymore, not enough to sustain me and allow me to feel good. ENJOY your daughter's birthday!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Today is a new day. I just love this weather. Cool and crisp in the morning and 80’s in the afternoon. There is so much going on in Austin this weekend. We have the annual Austin City Limits festival. Avoid downtown is best during this time of year because thousands of people show up for this 3 day festival. This weekend is my daughter’s birthday celebration. My little angel is turning 13. I am taking step-dad and my 7 year old son to a hotel nearby so my teenager may have the whole house for her sleepover. Pray for us…On a side note TOM showed up today. He is nearly 2 weeks early so I’m up a pound this morning. Oh, well…I plan on eating like usual this morning, but I will incorporate some cake and ice cream with some pizza…lol
Yesterday’s menu was: Pho’ with brisket and round steak no noodles, side of chargrilled chicken, and a double stack burger from wendy’s threw out the bun.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

This weekend was a hit. My daughter turned 13 and she and I had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, I went completely crazy with the variety of foods I could eat. I stop counting calories when I reached 3000! We watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street. She is a horror film person, which I am not so I watched because I knew it would make her happy. Sunday was fairly low key. We had some friends over for dinner and watched the Showtime series Dexter. I did much better with the calories on Sunday. I had around 1200 calories. Today will be a VLCD to shake off some of this weight. I usually stay at around 700 during a VLCD because 500 isn’t enough for me. I start feeling weak and my head hurts. I am on a mission to drink ½ my body weight in ounces of water before noon and I’m drinking some tea to hopefully shake off the water weight as well. All in all, I expected the gain, it was worth it. However, next time I plan to cheat with sugar and massive carbs; I am going to take it slower. I felt like an animal while eating those things. I also plan on including a small treat on the weekends so I don’t go crazy again. That was embarrassing!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #44

OH I just love the way you describe your eating.. it really is funny! Don't you fret dearie.. it will be gone in a flash with the plan you have in place! ...
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I am feeling much better today. I must have had 1 gallon of water in my system before 3 pm yesterday afternoon. I don’t feel like I am retaining water any longer. However, I made myself promise not to peek at the scale this morning and I didn’t. I am going to just weigh once a week while doing my experiment. I know this is a crazy move…but, I’m crazy and do not feel like upsetting my progress by being obsessed over the damn thing. Yesterday ended up being 824 cals…definitely more than my 700 cal goal, but I was really hungry yesterday. Today will be a low cal low carb day. The menu looks like this bison P2 chili, salami slices, pepper jack cheese cubes, small turkey burger w/o bun…not sure what I will have for supper. I may just eat the P2 chili again. High protein today is what I am going for to keep my appetite down. I always miss my fruit on these days, but I will reward myself on Wednesday with an apple
Old 10-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

I feel my energy coming back after the weekend of uncontrollable eating. I don’t think I will do that ever again. I felt like a junkie getting off drugs. I went through withdrawals and I was not pleasant to be around. Not to mention that TOM stuck around for almost 8 days. I don’t understand that. TOM is usually around for 3 days tops! Grrrr….oh, well, I am enjoying my new energy and cannot wait to look at the scale on Friday after all the nasties have been flushed out. Yesterday was a low carb/high protein day. My co-worker and I went to lunch at Pho Dan. I am thinking the calories are around 250-300 for a small bowl. I always skip the rice noodles, roasted almonds, spinach/spring mix salad with chargrilled chicken and a few tomatoes with a homemade dressing (olive oil and red wine vinegar), and 1 small cube of cheese. Believe it or not, I was stuffed with all the food that I ate, which did not seem like a lot and I topped out at a gallon of water and oolong tea. I am looking forward to the end of this week…
Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Today is the day that I will continue to weigh myself. My calories avg from 500-900 Monday-Thursday without much change to what I ate. My carb count was under 30 for each day and my fat and protein were pretty equal when looking at the graphs on ****** - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal. I weighed last at 203 and this morning I am at 197.8 so that is nearly 5 lbs down. I am so excited! The week prior I lost 4 lbs. So, this experiment is working for me. I am going to try and mimic this for next week to see if I get the same results, but I will be increasing calories and keeping carbs under 30 to see how that helps. If I stabilize I will start exercising. If I still lose at least 2-3 lbs then I will continue without exercise. I’m not a fan of exercise so you know which I am hoping for…grin!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow will be a P2 type eating day. I topped out at 1700 calories today and way too many carbs, but all in all not bad carbs. I had a bagel with cream cheese today. I didn't feel bad at all about it, because a bagel with cream cheese will not be the end of the world.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

I remained under 500 calories today. I am hoping for a nice loss on Friday's weigh in since I over indulged a bit last week on Indian food and Mexican. I plan on being on P2 type foods...low cal and low carb.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:51 AM   #50

I love your plan Jen!!.. sounds familiar..... Keep on going you are doing awesome!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Deb! Thanks for visiting my journal. I need to keep up with this thing. Today was extremely busy. I noticed a big jump in calories, but most of the pie graph in fit day showed fat. I stayed under 30 carbs which is typically my sweet spot. If I stay under I feel very satisfied and not hungry. Yesterday, I tried Misty's strawberry slushie, but I used sugar free hersheys instead of WFarms. I also used mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries). It was so yummy and felt like a treat. I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow, but at the same time not looking forward to it. TOM showed up today. He has been here twice this month. I feel like he's the boyfriend that won't leave. I am certain that it has nothing to do with HHCG, but has to do with the rapid weight loss. I was craving chocolate today so I had some dark chocolate. I love love love Godiva 60% dark chocolate. It is so rich and silky...mmmmm. I gave the rest to DH and DS. Tomorrow will be equally as busy so I will try and check in later with my journal. Yesterday's calories was around 550-600 and today's around 1100. I will be ordering some new drops tomorrow. I will be trying the cheapies to see if I can achieve the same results.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I started this day off well. I am down 2 lbs from last Friday. This concludes 3 weeks of calorie cycling. Week 1 was a loss of 5 lbs, Week 2 was a loss of 4 lbs, and Week 3 is a loss of 2 lbs. I may need to shake things up a bit this next week because I think my body is getting used to the rhythm. However, I am not complaining because a loss is a loss. Especially, with TOM here this week. So I will try and eat clean this weekend instead of having a carb fest and keep to low carb and decrease the fat to see if that makes a difference. I have a goal to attain and really don’t want to do another round of simeon’s protocol. The thought of it makes me want to scream.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #53

Doing the happy dance for you JEN!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

This weekend has been busy. The food menu has been great. I have kept the carbs at or around 30 on Friday and Saturday. I haven't been able to lower the fat though. The fat always seems to be higher than the protein. I guess I am a fat addict, but it really helps curb the cravings while TOM is here. I had a small headache and instead of snacking on a small chocolate, I went to the convenience store to get a coffee with sugar free carmel syrup and splenda with half/half. That satisfied the chocolate craving I had. My baby is six months and he keeps me rather busy on the weekends so I notice when I am more active that the calories are around 1000 instead of 600-700 M-TH. I still haven't started exercising because I am losing still. However, if I stop losing I will have to begin some light exercise. Perhaps callenetics?! I almost completed the couch to five k challenge several years ago. Maybe I'll go for it again...dunno...
Old 10-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #55

Congrats on eating well Jen... and your baby is 6 mos already huh?... awwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeee.. such a sweet age... keep up the great work!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Deb...this WOE seems so effortless as long as I keep myself in check. It doesn't even bother me when people have food around me that I do not eat. I can honestly say that I enjoy eating what I have more than I want to eat what they have...if that makes any sense. Good luck on maintaining Deb. I have a feeling that you will simply lose weight when you try to maintain which is awesome. Good luck and I cannot wait to see how you do. Yes, I have a 13 year old, 7 year old, and a 6 month old. I am a busy mama.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Roberlie
Stats: (222/179/125)
WOE: WLS/RNY w/PP & LC & Exercise
Start Date: June 21, 2010
Quote:
Today is VLCD#8 and I am down another pound. I was shocked because I ate out yesterday with my girlfriends. I had the restaurant prepare the chicken breast with no oil so I think that helped a lot. My TOM is coming up in a week. I'm not looking forward to it because of the massive sugar cravings that I usually have. Omg! I tried the baked apple with cinnamon in the microwave last night that I've been reading about in other's blogs and it was freakin' delicious! Today's menu will be leftover chicken, apple (microwaved) with cinnamon and stevia, cucumber with zero calories/zero sugar, broccoli w/lemon pepper, and bison kabobs <slurp>. I will be having an orange for breakfast and melba toast if I need a snack midday.
OMG!!! THIS ALL SOUNDS SO FANTASTIC!!! I am envious of you! Great job on your weight loss and going for the different things to eat, that will keep you going. I don't know anything about HCG.. dont even know what it stands for, but I see it sure is a nice way to lose weight if you have to "load up" then go on the diet you are describing.. oh would I love to have that apple or cucumber right now.. lol CONGRATULATIONS!! Fine job you are doing!
Roberlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Dear Journal,
I woke up yesterday and today feeling thinner. I really wanted to jump on the scale, but I stopped myself because I am not interested in being obsessed with anything. Especially a tool. I did weigh every day for 3 weeks in the beginnig. I just finished 3 weeks of calorie cycling w/ high fat and protein and managed to keep carbs under 30 except for 3 days. My total weight loss was 8 lbs for the 3 weeks of calorie cycling, (4 of those lbs were put on from my mishaps). So, truly I only lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks. I must admit that I didn’t do the calorie cycling like suggested. I may try the up day down day to see if I can do better with that this week. So far I have just ate based on my needs. I really want this to work faster. I guess I am spoiled from having the really quick weight loss in the beginning. I still have a lot to learn about my body. My goal is to be a size 12 in time for Christmas. Right now, I am in a comfortable 14. So, that is 10-12 lbs in 2 months. I know that I can do it!
This week will be clean. No cheating. Low carb/high fat and protein alternating up and down days to see what kind of loss I will experience.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberlie View Post
OMG!!! THIS ALL SOUNDS SO FANTASTIC!!! I am envious of you! Great job on your weight loss and going for the different things to eat, that will keep you going. I don't know anything about HCG.. dont even know what it stands for, but I see it sure is a nice way to lose weight if you have to "load up" then go on the diet you are describing.. oh would I love to have that apple or cucumber right now.. lol CONGRATULATIONS!! Fine job you are doing!
Hello Roberlie,
I was first introduced to HCG by a co-worker who seemed to be losing weight overnight. The “magic” of the diet is that the HCG drops/injections reshape the body and pull fat from the fat stores of your body. You will be able to eat comfortably at a lower calorie range. I am quite full when I have 1000 calories. The founder of this diet is Dr. Simeon who found out that women in Africa were able to have full term healthy babies even though they were starving. He did some studies and realized that there is a hormone in pregnant women that under devastating circumstances can utilize their fat stores to nourish a baby. Therefore, when a man or woman uses this hormone they are able to release fat that has been stored for a long time or a brief time. It is a fascinating concept that I wasn’t really sure about until I saw the results for myself. I lost 17 lbs in the first week. However, I was not able to follow the strict protocol for too long. I began adding more protein and my calories were rarely at 500 because I felt weak. That is why I joined a group called the HCG Rebels. We take the Homeopathic drops and the RX drops to achieve similar results that the protocol HCGers receive. I am curious as to what WOE you are doing right now and how your results have been. I have tried WW, starving myself, low fat, Atkins, South Beach…etc…I couldn’t stick to anything. HCG has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. Thanks for visiting. I hope you keep stopping by 
Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberlie View Post
Roberlie,
I read your journal and must say that I am so happy that you found me and thought to write our kind words. I am amazed at how easy the weight loss has been. I must admit that it was not an easy beginning. To be perfectly honest the thought of loading up again would scare the pee out of me. I know my body and my body does not like sugar and carbohydrates. I will keep visiting you and wish you the best on this incredible journey. I hope you took pictures because you will begin to melt before your eyes. Congratulations on all that you have done so far to reach your goal.