LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Journey from Flabazon back to Glamazon

Hi to anyone bothering to come in here and read these posts! Please feel free to comment or ask questions or pat me on the back or kick me in the butt, it's all appreciated.

I'm Angela, and I'm no stranger to this board or to low carb. I know it works. I know it makes me feel good. I love the food. I like to cook. I have a very supportive family. I have everything I need to be successful. The problem is ME: I'm a jackass. For some reason I am full of self-sabotage. I really do manage to sabotage myself after every streak of doing well. Maybe this is a phenomenon you are familiar with? I can blame poor will-power, or I can blame wacky insulin swings, or I can blame one wicked mean sugar addiction. No matter what I blame, it's time to knuckle down and find some serious strength to get over it. I'm tired of being fat.

Glamazon was my college nickname back in the 80's, I was always tall and skinny and glammed to the max. Ha! Ha! Me with huge hair, MAC Viva Glam troweled on, spandex dress and high heels... yep, that was me, EVERY DAY. Well, today I'm a slug in Birkenstocks without a trace of make-up or hair products. I'm also a wife and a mom and run my own Historical Costume business. I actually love everything about my life, except being fat. I'll never go back to the high heels or the make-up gun set to "trollop," but it would be nice to be thin again and wear nice clothes that aren't "jeans from Lane Bryant because nothing else fits my tall gigantic ass."

You'll notice I joined this group in 2004. I actually discovered Atkins, lost plenty of weight, then promptly got pregnant after 9 years of being married. I've been on the weightloss roller coaster since then... losing, sabotaging, gaining, losing, sabotaging, gaining, losing... well, you know. Heck, if I had just stuck to it back then, or even LAST YEAR for that matter, I'd be at my goal weight. But, here I am again. The years just fly by, don't they? I've decided to start this journal because it seems to help me if I write it down, or if I know strangers are watching my progress. (But don't be stranger! It's okay to comment.)

I have read all the low carb diet books. I have read Gary Taubes and Mary Enig. I love the Weston Price Foundation. I adore Dr. Atkins. I am lucky enough to be very healthy, despite my lazy fatness. I do not take any prescription drugs, and I believe in being as chemical-free as possible, in the home and in the body. It's impossible to be completely free, but I do my best. Essentially, I'm very educated about health and nutrition and natural eating, so these are stepping stones I don't need to worry about on this journey, I'm already there. My real problem is I just love to eat, and even though it's all "good" food, I eat a lot, all the time. Couple that with not bothering to exercize, and bingo! It's no mystery why I'm fat today.

So, now to undo it all, to go back and reclaim my Glamazon status. I have a son who is starting first grade tomorrow, and I want to be active with him and my husband. I don't want to wave them off as they go bike riding, I want to go with them! Kids grow up so fast, and mine is so active, I just don't want to miss it. So tomorrow, I am starting again. FOR THE LAST TIME.

Here is my personal plan:

Food Plan:
Basic Old School High Fat Atkins
3 meals and one afternoon snack per day
(I know what to do and what works- no need for ****** or crazy counting carb or calorie obsessions. Been there already!)

Supplement Plan:
multi-vitamin
Cal-Mag
Carlson's Cod Liver Oil
Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
Organic virgin coconut oil
oil pulling with organic sesame oil (my gums & teeth LOVE this)
Chromium Piccolinate/L-Carnitine
CLA/GLA
Astaxanthin
Sugar free Emergen-C

Beginning Exercize Plan:
Walk the dog around the neighborhood in the morning and evening daily
30 minutes early morning on recumbent bike
(will add real bike rides, local gym and swimming pool later down the road)

Personal Promises:
Lights out at 11 to get a good night's sleep
No low carb desserts for a while, must stabilize first
Weigh every morning, but judge weight loss by weekly average
Report here every day!

I guess that's it. Pretty simple, pretty hard! Tomorrow is the first day of becoming a glamazon again. Good bye FLABAZON!

LOL see you tomorrow!

Flabazon to Glamazon
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 280

The highest I've ever been, even more than when 9 months pregnant. I was revolted to see that number. To make it even worse, I took some "before" photos as well. Really really awful. What the hell happened to me?? Oh well. On the bright side, I have my starting point, and it will only get better from here. It actually made me MORE determined to succeed, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Exercise Today: 35 minute a.m. dog walk, 30 minutes recumbent bike, 15 minute p.m. dog walk

Wow, getting on that bike was REALLY hard. Staying on it was even harder. 30 whole minutes. I've found that Harry Potter makes the time go by much faster than a Marilyn Monroe biography by Norman Mailer. Go figure.

Food Today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in butter, 3 slices bacon, 7 medium strawberries
Lunch: Large salad made of: romaine, spinach, leftover pork chop, blue cheese, walnuts, avocado, tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic, cracked pepper
Snack: leftover cold artichoke with mayo dip
Dinner: Angus beef patty, mustard aoli, cauliflower sauteed with carmelized onions

All supplements taken.

Happy with my food day. The portions were pretty big, but were all low carb and kept me full. If I get hungry it's game over, so I made sure I was stuffed. Once ketosis kicks in, those portions will naturally get smaller and smaller.

Okay, calling day 1 a success. On to day 2!

Last edited by glamazon; 09-07-2010 at 08:00 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 277.5
Exercise: 35 minute am dog walk, 15 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: leftover angus patty, 2 natural hot dogs, 1/2 avocado
Snack: 3/4 yellow pepper, 1 babybell cheese, 1 inch sliced salami
Dinner: 3 pieces roasted chicken- 1 thigh & 2 legs, broccoli w/ mayo

Just couldn't do the bike today, real life was complicated this morning and suddenly there was no more time. At least I got the dog walks in! I had to build an 18th century corset before 3pm and it was a busy day. So busy, I skipped lunch! I wasn't hungry, though, I had a super meaty fatty breakfast that really held me.

Despite my bike fail, it's still a satisfactory 2nd day. On to day 3!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 274
Exercise: 35 minute am dog walk, 15 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in butter, 3 slices bacon, 1 small fried tomato
Lunch: 3 leftover chicken legs, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 red pepper, 1/4 cantaloupe, 2 string cheese
Snack: salami, babybell cheese, 1/4 cucumber, cashews
Dinner: 10 buffalo wing pieces, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 orange pepper

Weird food day, it was like I didn't want to cook or prepare anything so I mostly just had snacks. That just won't do, so I need to try harder tomorrow to actually prepare three distinct meals and a snack. I feel much more successful, in control and not hungry/munchy when I have three actual meals. It's a hard habit to break since I'm a Grazing Queen and am used to eating whatever I want whenever I want. It must be an insulin swing thing, because I do so well with only three meals... if I start grazing, even low carb foods, I seem to just want to keep eating, or just keep rounding back to the kitchen for something else. So tomorrow: I WILL EAT THREE FULL MEALS at the proper times. Wow, that seems really lame, but it really makes a difference for me.

I also failed at the bike today. I really need to rethink that strategy. The timing is weird and I feel guilty for not making it work. I don't like feeling guilty, so I need a new 3rd exercise plan. Different time? Different exercise? Just force myself? I'll sleep on it and figure it out. I don't feel like just walking the dog twice is enough.

Bright side: a lot of bloat is gone, I'm feeling better, and sleeping better.

On to day 4!

Last edited by glamazon; 09-09-2010 at 08:38 PM..
Old 09-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 275.5
Exercise: 30 minute am dog walk, 30 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in butter, 2 natural sausage patties, 1/4 cantaloupe
Lunch: large salad w/ romaine, spinach, 7 oz salmon, feta cheese, walnuts, avocado, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic, cracked pepper
Snack: no snack, that was a big-@$$ salad!
Dinner: bbq steak topped with sautéed mushrooms & caramelized onions, sautéed spinach w/ garlic & parmesan

I have thought about why I’m failing at the early morning bike ride, and have determined that I just can’t do it until after the 26th. I’m working with a deadline, and the pressure is really getting to me. I just can’t spare that hour, seriously. I’m building an 18th century Robe a la Francaise, I need to get it done, and it takes precedence. However, this is my last custom gown, and when it is completed the pressure will be off and I can concentrate on myself instead. Well, aside from concentrating on eating all the right foods and walking the dog, that will stay the same.

I should mention that I drink a lot of coffee, too. Usually about 3 French press pots a day (works out to be about 8 regular sized mugs… sometimes more.) I drink it black, but that is a recent development. I’ve taken my coffee with some form of milk for 25 years—skim during the “low fat” years, heavy cream for the last 6 years—and then last year I realized that I was downing about 800 calories of cream EVERY DAY. So, in an effort to cut calories, I trained myself to break a 25 year habit… and I did. It took about 3 weeks, but I now enjoy my coffee perfectly plain without cream at all. I didn’t think it was possible, but now I don’t even remember putting cream in my coffee, LOL. Want to hear something funny? So, I cut 800+ calories from my day, and changed nothing else… and I didn’t lose a pound. In fact, I GAINED. Over the course of a year without 800 cream calories a day, I lost nothing and gained 10 pounds. So, I don’t think all this hype about calories is worth anything… apparently, fat calories don’t count at all. Ha! I love my high fat diet. (But, I’m not going back to the cream addiction, it’s nice being “free” of it. And it’s cheaper.)

Good day today! Meals back on track, feeling better, more productive at work.
On to day 5!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 274
Exercise: 30 minute noon dog walk, 30 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in butter, 2 natural sausage patties, 1/4 cantaloupe
Lunch: leftover bbq steak, ½ avocado, ½ cucumber, 1 small tomato
Snack: no snack, late lunch did the trick
Dinner: 3 pieces bbq chicken (2 legs, 1 thigh) large chop salad with the works (romaine, spinach, tomato, avocado, walnuts, caramelized onions, mushrooms, beets, shredded carrot, cucumber, artichoke hearts, red pepper, homemade creamy garlic dressing)

College football today! We had some family over to enjoy the game. Really, I couldn’t care less about football-- but I really care about spending time with family! Sister brought a few racks of chicken and we barbequed them, made a big “everything” salad and everyone was happy. Sister and kids even joined me on my evening dog walk through the park. Nice day!

I have made a new exercise plan. This morning I registered my son for classes at the local rec center—and fortuitously, there is a lap swim at the same time as his swim lessons, and an open weight room at the time of his martial arts lessons. So, I will be getting an hour workout or swim while he’s in class, instead of me sitting on a bench with a book waiting for class to end. The timing could not be better, and this doesn’t jab into my sewing time since I’m scheduled to be at the rec center anyway with my son. Very happy with this plan! His first class is on the 20th, so I will start then.

Success today! On to day 6!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 273.5
Exercise: 30 minute am dog walk, 10 minute afternoon dog walk, 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in butter, 2 natural sausage patties, 1/8 cantaloupe
Lunch: ½ inch salami, leftover chop salad w/ olive oil, balsamic vinegar & fresh garlic
Snack: ½ inch salami, 1 string cheese
Dinner: large roasted chicken breast, broccoli w/ mayo dip

My walks are getting easier—the first few times I was slow and I huffed and puffed up the slight hill, glad my dog is a “puller.” Now it’s much better, I’m just a little faster and I’m even expanding the route a little. It happens surprisingly fast, funny to think just a week ago I didn’t even want to go on walks and was lazy, lazy, lazy. My dog is pretty happy about it, too. He’s an Australian Shepherd and loves the activity.

I must be finally getting into ketosis—I’ve been sporting a very slight headache for a day now. It should disappear soon and then I’ll just be a fat burning machine. Sweet!

Success today! On to day 7!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 273
Exercise: 30 minute am dog walk, 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in butter, 3 slices bacon, 1/4 cantaloupe
Lunch: meat picked from leftover chicken legs & thighs (maybe 1 cup?) ½ red pepper, ¼ orange pepper, 3 stalks celery, leftover broccoli
Snack: none
Dinner: large salad with the works (leftover chicken breast, romaine, spinach, avocado, tomato, artichoke hearts, shredded carrot, blue cheese, green onion, homemade creamy garlic dressing)

Breakfast was a little too filling, I think my appetite is slowly decreasing. Tomorrow I will drop it to 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon and see how I do—as long as I’m good until lunch, it will be fine. I pass through my kitchen to my sewing room 100 times a day, and I need to keep my mitts off whatever is hanging around in there. So far, so good!

Getting tired of chicken, LOL. This is the last of it, then we can move on to hamburger or something. I’m trying to not be wasteful of leftovers.

Mild headache still hanging around, this happens every time I make the flop from carb-burning to fat-burning. Hoping it will go away soon!

Tolerance level for average daily BS is rising, thankfully. Stuff that used to bug me I’ve been shrugging off. I think my family is thankful, too!

Success today, on to day 8!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 270.5
Exercise: 25 minute am dog walk, 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in butter, 2 slices bacon, 1/4 cantaloupe
Lunch: big salad w/ romaine, 7 oz. salmon, blue cheese, tomato, avocado, green onion, walnuts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar
Snack: 1 inch salami, 1/3 cucumber
Dinner: broiled sirloin patty, mustard aioli, homemade coleslaw (cabbage mix, sour cream, mayo, apple cider vinegar, celery seed, Truvia)

Nope, 2 eggs and 2 bacons certainly did NOT do it for me. By 10:30 I was wanting to eat something more! Dangerous times! So, I took all my supplements early, including a little coconut oil, hoping to stave off the munchies until lunch. It worked, but at noon I was STARVING and had to have lunch. Usually I can have a late lunch, but I just couldn’t wait! So tomorrow, it’s back to 3 eggs and 3 bacons, lol. I wonder why that makes such a big difference right now?

I’m faster on my walks, the same route only took 25 minutes instead of 30. I’m still a leisurely stroller, though, so don’t think I’m some speed walker. I’m still flabbergasted I’m even out there doing it.

Headache gone this morning!

Success today, on to day 9!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 272
All supplements taken

Food today:
Lunch: leftover sirloin patty, mustard aioli, leftover homemade coleslaw
Snack: 1 inch salami, ½ yellow pepper, ¼ cucumber
Dinner: salmon fillet (fresh caught by my brother!) cauliflower sautéed w/caramelized onions

Yep, the 3 eggs/3 Bacon combo kept me full until lunch. I won’t monkey with that again for a while!

If anyone is wondering how I mix low carb with the rest of my family, I can tell you I’m just very lucky. My husband is Hawaiian, and his carb of choice is always steamed rice; I like steamed rice, but I certainly don’t care about it. So, whatever I make for myself, he eats with a side of rice. He actually loves when I’m on this diet because he eats like a king! My son is super picky, but he likes raw veggies, rice and cleanly cubed meat—so that’s what he gets. Both of them are thin, active and have no health issues. They like sweets, but if there’s none around, they don’t care. Any treat they get I make sure it’s made with genuine food… it’s hard, because there is so much chemical nonsense and ingredients that are not food in food. I usually make the treats myself, with organic evaporated cane juice and organic local flour and olive oil and such. .. or they will have a sugar free treat with me. It’s not often, I am trying to keep a treat an actual treat—and these guys just don’t care: if there are cookies, they can eat just a few and never mind the rest, or they say ‘No thank you, I’m full!” Of course, this is alien behavior to me, I didn’t know these type of people existed. I’m a sugar addict, a dessert junky, I can eat a whole batch of cookies by myself, any time of day or night whether I’m full or not. I’m grateful my son took after his dad and not his mom when it comes to sugar!

Raining like heck this evening—I took the dog around the neighborhood anyway. That’s what umbrellas and towels are for, right?

Success today, on to day 10!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 273
Exercise: 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Lunch: leftover salmon fillet, 1/3 yellow pepper, ¼ cucumber
Snack: 1 inch salami
Dinner: enchilada sans tortilla—hamburger, onion, garlic, El Pato enchilada sauce, olives, mild chilies, yellow corn, cheddar cheese, sour cream

Today was a dangerous day for me! This was exactly the kind of day that throws me off my game. Didn’t sleep well because I’m very stressed about completing this gown I’m working on—the due date is racing toward me and nothing seems to be going right with it. So, I’m a little bleary from not sleeping well and stressed about my work; that is usually a recipe for me to just start eating anything I can find… or worse, make brownies: hating myself with every moment, knowing it’s going to make everything worse, yet not stopping. Luckily this sort of thing has not happened, I am steeling myself to stay on plan. No extra food. No brownies. NO. NO. NO.

Was unable to have my morning walk—so busy, including an early dentist appointment. (On the bright side: excellent teeth. Whole foods and oil pulling make my dentist very happy with me! My pocket depth even improved a little.)

It needs to be a priority to make it through this dress build without allowing stress to derail me. Just one more week. It helps to write it out here—reading back it just seems so silly to be whining about being unable to keep unauthorized food out of my mouth. I’m telling myself to STFU and get my dress done!

Success today, by the skin of my teeth. On to day 11!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: forgetmenot
Stats: 154.6/144.1/135.0
WOE: 40/40/20
Start Date: September 1, 2010
Just stopping by to say I've been reading your journal and I think you're doing great. It's tough to make yourself go out and exercise when it's raining, so I think you really proved that you have the willpower to reach your goals. Remember in the future when things seem tough, how good it felt today to JUST DO IT, haha.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Forgetmenot! Your support and kind words are much appreciated. It is hard to start exercising when I haven't for so so so long, but I think once I get going, it will be fine. Baby steps, right?
Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
I'm going to read this as soon as I can ( oops at work ) but I wanted to say I LOVE YOUR NAME!! I am sure Adam would too...
Old 09-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Deb294evr! I voted for Adam when he was on AI, he was the clear winner!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #16

Most definately the CLEAR WINNER!! .. lol
Old 09-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #17

I remember weighing in at 282 the highest ever for me too, and much more than when I was 9 mos pregnant.. wow.. what a SHOCK .. horrible shock, but it got me going... Best of luck with your plan!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Deb294evr, it really was a motivator. Right now I'm back to where I've been hovering for the past year. Looking forward to breaking back into the 260's!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 272.5
Exercise: 30 minute am dog walk, 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in butter, 2 patties natural sausage
Lunch: leftover enchilada slop w/ cheddar cheese
Dinner: more enchilada slop, this time on romaine w/ avocado, tomato, cheddar

Clearly I made too much Enchilada Slop. It’s done now, whew! We are actually out of everything, we managed to eat it all before anything went bad! Well, I think some cilantro and fresh basil bit the dust, but I can live with that. Doing my best to make sure leftovers and produce don’t go to waste!

Had to walk in the rain again today, but at least I got two walks in.

Made a lot of progress on my gown, so my stress is less. Feeling alright, sleeping well, jeans not so uncomfortable anymore, and people aren’t telling me I look tired all the time. So, yay!

Success today, on to day 12!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Angela, I've been reading your journal for a bit, you're doing so well! I think we grew up in the same era, as I remember the big hair, high high heels and tight skirts, tons of make up. I wish I had more pictures from back then. Our goals are very similar, how long have you been doing the oil pulling? Do you add oregano oil or anything to it? Do you do it just once a day?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Bobbin! Thank you! Cute name-- do you sew?

Oh, the pictures. I was a completely vain self-centered photo-ho. I have thousands to remind me what a skinny beyotch I was. LOL it was like I was a completely different person!

I love what the oil pulling does for my teeth and gums, but it sure is hard to find a block of time to do it. I've been really spotty about doing it over the last few years, but since I started this journal, I've done it every evening for about 20 minutes while I cruise around this forum; it makes the time go by faster. (Doing it now! ) I only use organic cold pressed sesame oil, about a teaspoon, and don't add anything to it. I dont know about any magic weight loss or appetite suppressant qualities, I just do it for how healthy it makes my gums. Also, strangely, if I ever get that weird lumpy sore throat, the one that tells you a cold is coming, I quickly oil pull-- maybe even twice-- and the cold or sore throat never show up. Maybe it IS magic!

I think what else helps my teeth is that I make my own toothpaste. Over the years I have perfected my recipe and my mouth loves me for it. I hate flouride and SLS, and natural toothpastes just don't do it for me-- I need foamy! So I make my own-- been using it for 6 years now and I never have any problems with my teeth or gums. My husband had a lot of troublesome teeth, and the homemade paste helped him a lot... no more bleeding gums, sensativity or toothaches. Even my 6 year old son uses it, and he has no cavities and a nice set of teeth. Of course, everyone I know thinks I'm nuts to make my own, but I'll never go back.

I think maybe that was more answer than you were expecting? LOL
Old 09-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Thanks for the reply! I don't sew, but there are about 100 Barb's around here, so when I first joined I used an old nick-name I had when I was a kid.

Thanks for the info on the OP. I am going to do it, I've read so much about how it helps your mouth, but also other areas of your body. I had read on an OP forum that oil of oregano will fight infection if you add a drop to the rest of your spoon of oil. I haven't tried it yet. I hope you have a great weekend!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 271.5
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 2 large natural sausage patties, celery sticks
Lunch: 3 natural hot dogs, mustard aioli, 1/3 red pepper, celery sticks, thick slice of cheddar
Dinner: bbq steak, Brussels sprouts sautéed w/ bacon, garlic & walnuts, topped w/ blue cheese

Out of eggs! Out of LC fruit! Out of everything! LOL time to hit up Costco again.

Weekends are always weird to fit dog walks into. Weekdays I have a set routine getting my son to school, walking, breakfast, and settling down to work. I didn’t take my walk this morning, I got up and started working on my dress right away. Worked all day, even this late, I’m still tweaking it. I was going to blow off my evening walk because I was working, but I have a GOOD DOG. He knew it was time to walk and he came and bugged me—by talking to me like Chewbacca, nonstop—until I caved and got the leash. A little fresh air felt good, too bad half way through We both got soaked from a sudden downpour! Oh well, Oregon in the fall, what are you gonna do?

A positive today: The t-shirt I'm wearing is now loose enough to wear in public, it spent all summer in the pile marked "you better not or you'll end up on the people of Walmart website!"

Success today, on to day 13!

Last edited by glamazon; 09-18-2010 at 09:26 PM..
Old 09-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Way to go Angela! Stay strong and keep on walking! I've lost over 50lbs. and the main exercise I did was walking. I'd get up 4-5 mornings before work and walk in the dark, the rain, whatever. I finally got an ipod! Boy did that make walking more fun. Your food sounds good so keep it up!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Pennylovesdarren! It always feels so good to get positive feedback from others. I appreciate it! Congrats on your 50 pounds! I'll get there eventually.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 271.5
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 bacon, ¼ cantaloupe, 1/8 honeycrisp apple
Lunch: left over bbq steak & brussels sprouts
Dinner: McDonalds: Angus deluxe sans bun, side salad w/ Caesar dressing

I had a piece of (gasp!) apple this morning with breakfast. I wait all year for the local Honeycrisp apples to arrive—I sliced one up for all of us to share and had about 1/8 of the apple… about 2 carbs. I don’t quibble about 2 carbs from a piece of fresh real food. I probably could have even afforded more of the apple within my CCLL, but I was fine with the 1/8. Damn that apple was delicious and crispy and juicy and sweet! Nothing like the Atkins WOE to make you appreciate the true beauty of fruit. Waxing poetic about an apple, LOL!

Went to the Pirate Festival today, it is, after all, Talk Like A Pirate Day. Lots of treats and food available, but I only had a cup of coffee while I was there. I was smart and stuffed myself with my lunch right before we left so I was full. On the way home we hit McDonalds—not my first choice, but it was right there, cheap and we had kids with us.

My positive for the day: I can fit into my Elizabeth Swann dress! Woo Hoo!

Success today, on to day 14!

Last edited by glamazon; 09-19-2010 at 07:33 PM..
Old 09-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Food update: that McDonald's meal just didn't do it for me. Either some hidden MSG was toying with me, or it just wasn't enough food. So, I ate the remaining of the leftover steak and a small avocado. That did the trick and shut me up. I'll be good until breakfast!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 271
Exercise: 25 minute am dog walk, 60 minute swim, 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs, 1 natural hot dog, ¼ cantaloupe, ¼ honeycrisp apple
Lunch: green leaf lettuce wraps filled with 7 oz albacore tuna, mayo, dill, garlic, sliced orange pepper
Dinner: shrimp scampi (white wine, butter, fresh garlic) on top of green leaf lettuce, artichoke hearts, green onion, avocado, tomato, celery, cucumber, carrot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar

So, I swam today. All day long I talked myself out of it, I had 100 excuses. I’m too busy, I need to work on my dress, I’m too fat, people will laugh while they watch me, I’ll look like Shamu out there in my black and white bathing suit, I’m a doofy swimmer, It will ruin my hair, I’ll have to shave my legs. While most of the above is totally true, I just went and did it anyway. I certainly WAS a doofy swimmer who looked like Shamu, but absolutely no one cared. The pool was practically empty, and the people who were there had their own problems to deal with: elderly, disabled, mothers with toddlers, fatter than me. Essentially I just tread water with a little forward or backward motion for an hour, back and forth across the pool while my son had his lesson. Once the lesson was over I just followed him all over the pool. He was delighted to have me there with him!

My positive for the day: I did not need to buy a new bathing suit, I shrank juuuust enough to fit into my old one.

Success today, on to day 15!

Last edited by glamazon; 09-20-2010 at 08:15 PM..
Old 09-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All supplements taken

Food today:
Lunch: large salad w/ green leaf lettuce, 7 oz salmon, avocado, walnuts, blue cheese, cucumber, celery, homemade creamy garlic dressing
Dinner: hot wings, broccoli, homemade dip (mayo, sour cream, olive oil, fresh garlic, pepper, lemon juice)

I did NOT go to the gym today while my son had a rec center lesson… I forgot that the first lesson the parents are invited in to watch. So, I will start next week. I was actually kind of relieved, I’m still achy from swimming yesterday! Ha, ha, I guess all that super low energy swimming actually did something!

Dr. Atkins was right, after two weeks I should have lost about 10% of what I need to lose-- I want to lose 100 pounds and I lost about 10. Only 90 to go!

My positive for the day: When I look down, I no longer see my belly sticking out further than my bust. Yeah!

Success today, on to day 16!

Last edited by glamazon; 09-21-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Old 09-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All supplements taken

Food today:
Lunch: 1 natural hot dog, 1 babybell cheese, 1 string cheese, ¼ inch salami, leftover broccoli & dip
Snack: 1 string cheese
Dinner: Burgerville: salad w/ chicken & bacon on top. (VERY STINGY for $6.39! I’m still hungry.)

Out of everything again, never made it to Costco, just a quick stop at the local store for essentials. So, I’m going to Costco tonight after I finish making the sleeves for my gown. STRESS! I don’t have time for Costco, but I like to eat, and all the food I like to eat is at Costco. So, off I go!

My positive for the day: My current jeans fit perfectly right out of the dryer. No waiting for them to “stretch out” to be comfortable! Of course, this means I have droopy drawers at the end of the day.

Success today, on to day 17!
Closed Thread