Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #2011
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
So, here I am on a Saturday, sipping coffee, being all thoughtful and stuff. I’m still going nowhere with the weight thing, despite working out and swimming and walking the dog and walking to my son’s school twice every weekday. Lately my meals have devolved into just snacks… and sometimes not so low carb (apple, tangelo carcass, nut mix w/ dried cranberries, carrots, bean cake) and I feel like I’ve lost my “control.” I’m still low carb, but more in the upper range of low carb, not the lower where I actually lose the weight. A lot of my failure here is simply running out of stuff, not getting to the grocery store, getting hungry and settling for a carrot or an apple or etc etc. etc. I knew I was in trouble when I couldn’t stop eating the little Trader Joe packs of nuts/dried fruit I bought for my husband. I still have portion control issues and want to eat everything until it’s gone and unavailable. *cough*beancake*cough* When I am solidly on my 3-meal a day plan, and those meals are hefty with the fat and protein, I do really well and feel good and don’t think about food other than in a normal way.

But, I also know myself very well and know what I am willing and/or able to do. Since I started last September, I have done really well, and then not so well, and then really well, and not so well again. It comes in waves. I have finally gotten it through my thick head that I’m not perfect or brilliant, and never will be. But, I still have a lot going for me, most importantly I have managed to stay completely low carb every single day, and I have come in to LCF every single day to chat and report and get much appreciated support from you ladies. Prior to last September, my devotion was spotty when I wasn’t an outright sugar laden mess. But, I also didn’t know you guys. I thought today about how appreciative I am of you—even the lurkers who never say anything to me and who really should chime in!—and I realized I have spoken with you every single darn day since September. My real-life friends don’t have that much contact with me. I think that’s just amazing. I am so thankful for you all.

I’m going to take a moment away from myself, and tell you why I am so inspired by all of you, in no particular order:

Martini: My girlfriend! I love it when you come in here all googley moogley, you are always so fun. I like that we share a journal and I love hearing about your nights on the town and your parents and your sexy Ashley Stewart clothes. You don’t let being heavy hold you back! You get out there and do amazing things anyway, all while you are chipping away to get those damn stars off your scale. You will win, you know! Pretty soon those stars will be history! You inspire me to really get my glamazon back, right this minute despite the extra 75 pounds I’m carrying around!

Amber: Your personality is so big is blows up right off the screen like a firework. You are just so—so—REAL. You lay it all out there, you share photos with us, you are so exuberant and inspiring. You just go for it—whatever idea pops up, you are all over it until it is done—going to the gym, getting your arms done, even the ill-fated fat fast or Grandma’s pills. You are so determined to get to your goal you actually GET THE JOB DONE. I just love that about you. 124 pounds so far, you are a star! You inspire me to really get after it and get the job done!

Pooti: You are a very smart and well-read lady, and you are facing something so scary I can’t even imagine what’s in your head right now. I love that you are being super proactive and doing everything you can to help your body heal. It’s very inspiring to me that you are approaching all this pragmatically and allowing all of us to support you emotionally. I can see your strength and determination, and you make me want to stand up and cheer! Plus, you’re goofy. Stay goofy, Pooti! You inspire me to quit my b i t c h ing and think about what’s really real in life… and to stay goofy.

Tiggy: Living in one of the most remote places on earth, without all the handy spoils of consumerism we have here, and still rocking it! I love your free spirit and the strength in which you live your unusual fascinating life. I totally wanted to be you before I met my husband—living an exciting ex-pat life—but I traded in that dream for another one. I am so happy to have found you—vicarious Outback adventure is something to savor! I admire that you are low carbing in a place where low carbing is HARD. You inspire me to keep it all simple, and to appreciate all the stuff I have to work with, and to try to get along with less.

Diane: You are also living in a place where low carbing is exceptionally difficult, and yet you are doing it! I love your romantic ex-pat tale with a sexy young husband. You were facing serious health issues that were dragging you down, but you grabbed the bull by the horns and wrestled him down, figuring out what was wrong and finding the answers to make you feel like you again! Wow! I love all the stuff you make in the kitchen, you inspire me to try new things! Plus, you inspire me that being a little older doesn’t mean you’re OLD.

Janet: You have such a loving, caring heart, and I love the way you take care of K and stray friends, and I love the way you help them low carb and be successful as well. I want a RL friend like you! I love your quiet success—you are so modest about everything, I hope you know you are wonderful and so inspiring! You inspire me to keep it simple, and to be kind and patient to others *my mother* who need my help to succeed.

PirateLaura: Your avatar says it all—smoking hot! Look at what you’ve done! 70 pounds gone! I love your spunky and no nonsense attitude. You are always so caring and helpful and I love when you pop in, even if just to tell me to have a nice day. That really means a lot that you are thinking of me. You inspire me to get out there and talk to other people on the board, and to just keep on keeping on no matter what.

Bethany: Local girl! I love the way you painstakingly break down your meals and plan plan plan to be a success. That has got to take a lot of time and effort and I applaud you! We live so close together we really should meet over meat salads one day. You inspire me to really think about what I’m buying at the store, and to be keenly aware of the drain on the old bank account this low carbing has on us!

Kitty: You are always so upbeat and humorous, I love how open and chatty you are. I enjoy following you on your road trip and listening to the tunes you pick out for us along the way. You inspire me to be a little BUSIER in my life. I read all the stuff you do in one day—it’s more than I do in a week!

Izzy: Hard to believe you’re in your 50’s! You work so hard on your body, and it shows. Lookin’ good, Izzy! You inspire me to keep going to the gym and lift weights. It may take me until I’m your age to have abs as gorgeous as yours, but I’m working on it!

DG: You are always so friendly and pleasant, always trying new programs and new challenges and new ways to lose the weight. You have lost so much weight yourself, I am proud of you! I know you are going through some family hardships at the moment, but you are strong and your eyes are open. You inspire me to keep trying and keep going for it no matter what!

WriterLaura: I like it when you pop in and offer humor and support—you don’t come in often enough, lol, but when you do I appreciate you! You inspire me to keep cooking and coming up with new things and keep posting photos of what I make.

Majella: You are just cute as a button and even though you are in a lot of pain recently, you didn’t let it get you down! I love the glass art that you do, and how outgoing you are about it on Facebook, and it inspires me to want to do better in my own creative business.

Unknown Lurkers: Yeah, I know you’re there. Even though you never say anything, I know you are checking in on me, enduring page after page of my drivel, and hopefully rooting for me to be successful. I appreciate you, and you inspire me to want to succeed. You don’t have to be a lurker, you know—speak up! Chime in! I know you want to tell me how magnificent I look in my apron.

Anyway, thanks a lot to all of you. I couldn't survive this journey without your support.

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #2012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Wow, Angela you brought tears to my eyes.

You are such an inspiration to me. Your spirit, your playfulness, your no-nonsense attitude. I could go on, but just want to say how very thankful I am for you. You have really touched and made a difference in my life.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #2013
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Thanks Ang, you have written very heart felt post to all of us. I love you for that. You all are what rocks this board for me, without the support from all the girls mentioned in your post would not have come as far as I have. All of you are so special to me. I love you all. You girl got my butt up exercising, thanks sweetie. You're very special to me.

Last edited by piratewoman; 05-07-2011 at 04:17 PM..
Old 05-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #2014
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Shower cap out in public AGAIN!!!!?????!!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #2015
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
A - is for the awe that you in spire.
N - is for the notice that you take.
G - is for the glamazon you rock.
E - is for the eggs that you fry up.
L - is for all the love that you show us.
A - is for the angel that you are.

Put it all together it spells Glamaramaamamamamamamama - er...I mean Angela!!!! A very special Angel to us A
LL!

Thanks hon! Happy Mother's Day!

(Happy Mothers Day Martini - rent this space here!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #2016
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Geez Ang that made me cry I feel the same way about all you girls, you are so very special it is such a personal battle this weight loss, we are all so different but share the same prize a skinny new us, and we are in it together, we all approach it differently and that is what I love we all pu tit out there- but are all here to share and support one another! Angela- I like what Poot wrote- but you know how special you are to me, you helped me pursue a lifelong question with my whole Dad thing, and although it wasnt the outcome I wanted, you helped me answer that question, I would have never done it without your support and sharing of your husband's story!!!I love sharing our days with each other- I love when we get real, but I love that we can just share life and be totally crazy and open with one another!!!! You are the glue that keeps us all together, we found each other really cause of you. Ang I know how hard it is, remember 50 of those pounds of mine came off in 2005 so it took me that long to get it, and get going, do what you have to do, you have a great life, you are happy, you are doing good things for your body! The weight will come off in those waves of strict low carb! And hey you are a great maintainer that is a huge positive!!! You have the perfect name, ANGELa, you are our little Glamarama!!! An angel amongst us, and don't forget it!!! And have a Happy Mother's Day, I love ya!!!
Amber
Old 05-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #2017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Aww group hug time!

Thanks darls. Its nice to be appreciated. I agree with all your sentiments. ALL the ladies on here are amazing in their own ways. It is funny how I talk to you guys a heck of a lot more than my real life friends. You guys 'get it'. Face the same struggles and are great cheerleaders and tissue dispensers when needed.

Love ya angela - you totally rock. Your journal is always fun to roll around in!

LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic btw. I need me one of those outfits.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #2018

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Such beautiful thoughts you put together for all of us!

The girls have already said all that I can say about you! Yes, on the maintainer thing. I was just going to say that. You may not be losing what you want at the moment, but you are maintaining! That is a huge positive! You will get there one step at a time.

Yes, we do spend more "time" together and reach deeper areas than I do with most of my RL friends. We have such a special relationship that goes beyond what most relationships do. I too could not do this without the support from all of you!

Thanks for being there!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #2019
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Ang, what a perfect gift for mothers day to us (mothers and non mothers alike).
Beautiful sentiments from a thoughtful, caring, loving, beautiful, woman, YOU!
Thank You.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #2020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aaawww BEST. GROUP. HUG. EVER! Thanks! I needed that. You ladies are just the best.

I made two varieties of cupcakes tonight-- a lemon and Martini's black bottom. (Did I really just say that? Spank me!) I am making these to take to Mother's Day Brunch at my bother's house tomorrow. They are having an omelet bar, fruit and pastries. My sister is bringing the fruit, so it will be berries and cantaloupe, and I made the cupcakes for us to eat instead of the pastries. All low carb, baby!

Anyway, the lemons I used Lauren's white bean cupcake recipe. I used white kidney beans. I wanted to use plain white beans, but all my store had were seasoned ones-- can you imagine if I didn't read the ingredient list? Garlic onion cupcakes for all! So, I followed her recipe, but added the zest and strained juice of one lemon to the batter. The batter was exceptionally thick thanks to the coconut flour, but they ended up baking nicely and they look alright. Smell good! Nothing I'd charge money for, but hopefully they can pass for lemon muffins. We'll find out tomorrow. Martini's black bottoms (spank!) I screwed up-- the cups were too full and I didn't build them right-- should have been little bit of chocolate batter, dollop of cream cheese batter, then continue to fill with chocolate batter only to 3/4 full. WEEEEEEELLLLL, that puppy was overflowing and the cream cheese just stayed at the top and spread out and they puffed up and gooshed out and geesh not pretty at all. Once they cooled they caved in! Hopefully no one will care and they'll taste good.

I'll save one for you, Martini!

Last edited by glamazon; 05-07-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Old 05-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #2021
the condiment queen

Happy Mother's Day sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second what everyone has said here! Thank you for being mommy to the HHHerd (the 3H Club). Your caring and attention make each of us bloom and I so appreciate that. You are doing good Ang. For us but for yourself too. You are doing good. Each day that goes by, you are helping your body heal hon. It's obvious to me that you are seeing results. One day the scale will catch up with you.

Your cupcakes sound divine and I can relate on the chocolate ones!!!!! And Martini's Black Bottoms (spank!) sound like they may just make the rockin' world go round! Isn't that the song, "'Black' bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round!!!!" Hey, you could use the caved in part to put some kind of topping on them like sugar free cherries or a spoon of sf freezer jam and a dollop of whipped cream!

My sweet and purty friend!!! Happy Mommy's Day!!!!! Have fun with your family honey!!! The menu and party sounds so fun!

{Happy Mothah's Day Martini girl!!!!!!! Thanks for bein a great daughter!!! Hope you have a wonderful day with your mama and daddy!}

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 05-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #2022

Happy Mothers Day Ang!!!!!those cupcakes sound divine!!!!! I am so beng good today around all the junk I am planning and taking a shake, no way after Fri night I am eating junk, I took a water pill, guess what? Leg cramps all night!! I know slap me upside the head, but I was back to 226 this morning now to move that number this week! LOL

Martini-enjoy Mother's Day with your Mama!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #2023
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Angela, when I first found this board I had reached the end of my rope. I was in constant pain, never felt good and felt like I was getting fatter every day. I was reading the Revolution Rolls thread trying to come up with ANY alternative for breakfast over eggs (still searching for that perfect recipe) when suddenly there was your friendly face staring back at me peeking out from behind your gorgeous hubby. Your sense of humor shone through with each post I read of yours and finally I clicked on your link because I wanted to know who this funny girl was who lived in the PNW (my favorite place on earth). Well, I was entranced. I read and read and read some more. Your journal sat open on my computer for days. I got to know all of the girls. I wanted to speak up so many times, only to realize that this had happend months ago I was so happy to find you! All of you! Here were a group of people who understood what I was going through, who were going through the same thing I was and you all made me feel so confident, so full of power. I just knew I could do this. I admit this battle is still just beginning but I truly believe if it wasn't for you, each and every one of you but especially you Angela, I would have already given up. I havent lost a pound since that first 5-6 pounds I lost but I will continue to try and knowing you will all be there to help me along gives me the courage to continue this fight. Know that I will be here for you too, to help in any way that is possible. Thank you Angela for being there for me, for your simple honesty and loving support, you are definitely a keeper
Old 05-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #2024
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Mother's Day to you Ang, I second what other's have said...you ground us and keep all of us sain. We are all here for you to lean on in whatever battle you have. Have a great Mother's Day sweetie.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #2025
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Mother's Day you Beautiful Woman You!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #2026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Best Mother's Day coffee klatsch ever! I wasn't expecting to come in here and read all these super nice things about me... ME! I'm just a regular old suburban housewife who sews and is sick of being fat. I don't feel like all the wonderful things you say I am. I'm just me! I do, however, adore you guys. I guess my adoration shines though! I will respond to you individually later today-- time is short this morning to properly convey grateful feelings--I just wanted to get in here and wish you all a Happy Mother's Day and show off my cupcakes:

THEY ARE FANTASTIC! DELICIOUS! MOIST! AMAZING!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #2027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Happy Mother's Day Ang!

I'll be over in a few to have a cupcake!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #2028
the condiment queen

*drool*
Old 05-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #2029
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
*drool*
ditto drool
Old 05-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #2030

Ang- I was coming to tell you how beautiful your new pic is, but now I think the black bottom cupcakes beat ya, LOL
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #2031
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! Thanks! I think so, too. The new pic is not so new, but I weighed the same as I do now. I just wanted to change out the blazer logo already. I'll get a recent one eventually!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #2032
Major LCF Poster!

Ang, you are beautiful in your pic!!!! Thanks for popping by.
No I never had kids...I still am one! LOL
Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #2033
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
I am beyond touched by your post. We posted at the same time and I missed it until today.....Me and my black bottom!!!! I spit my zero calore fuji apple peaar Sobe ...LMAOOOO... All I can say is...You Make Me Better. You all do. I first joined here to a group that was full of great gals. But I felt like the odd ball. An apple in a bowl of oranges. YOU ORANGE HAIRY HEIFERS ARE THE BEST!!!!

You are so cute in your new avi!!!!

THOSE CUPCAKE LOOK PERFECT!!!!!! Just like Youuuuuuuu!!! know staying at 250 is hard for you. At least I know its because I take to many mistakes. You do everything right and still you stay the same. Ugh. I hope your stall breaks. You deserve it!!! You'r the glue that holds us together!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #2034

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Ahhh...yes....the glue! So important Perfect metaphor!!!

Yes, hoping the whoosh fairy delivers, and comes back often

CUPCAKES!!! You girls are killin' me! Netrition order better show up soon! I got my beans today....waiting.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Old 05-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #2035
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Martini!

Diane!

Pooti!

Amber!

Tiggy!

Laura!

Janet!

Kitty!

Izzy!

I don't think I can respond individually with actual words-- I'll just cry! You all are so nice to me. Thank you for that. It means so much.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #2036
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mother's Day report:

Too many cupcakes. Duh!

It was a lovely day, though. Brunch at my brother's was fantastic! He made a big omelet bar, like at a hotel easter buffet-- it was amazing! He made me the best omelet crammed with sauteed onion, mushroom, ham, spinach, tomato and cheddar, with avocado, bacon and sausage on the side. What is it about omelets (and salads!) that they taste 100 times better when someone else makes them?? LOL. Anyway, there was also about 1000 pastries there-- from La Provance, a local French bakery so rustic and fabulous each piece must have been $5. Darn it. I ate my sad little bean muffins instead. (Just kidding, I liked the muffins-- but COME ON!! LA PROVANCE!!!) It was not even in my head to partake, thankyouverymuch. I did enjoy looking at them, because they were mighty beautiful. And smell them. I can smell them, right? mmmmmmmmmmm. They smelled mighty good.

Change subject, please!! I am only human!

I thought all weekend about what I'm going to do about this stall. (again.) This stall is actually quite surreal for me-- unbelievable, actually. I guess my body loves everything I'm doing to it so much it just wants to stay just like it is. I am the QUEEN of effortless maintaining. That's a good thing, but not right now! I still have 75 pounds to dump!

I actually got a little misty over the weekend, because I wanted to post a pic of my wedding gown, since Amber is choosing hers and Diane showed us hers. So, I dug around and saw all of my old glamazon pictures, and some modelling pics from way back when, and some pics of me and my husband when we first met, and my (gasp!) prom pictures... holy **** I was skinny. and YOUNG. Anyway, looking at those pics did a couple of things to me-- they depressed me because I'm so fat now with my fat Charlie Brown face, but they also inspired me to quit ****ing around and get the job done. So, I'm setting the blue thoughts aside and going with the RED HOT FIERY ONES to finally get the gamazon back.

But... we all know fires die. Mine do. I go crazy and I'm really gung ho for a little bit, then I fizzle. True story. I have no doubt in my head I will fizzle in the near future.

So... I had to come up with a plan that plans for the fizzle. Yes, I am planning to fizzle out.

What I came up with sounds pretty decent. I had to keep it Ultra Simple. So simple even I can do it without fussing about it.

Here is my simple plan:

*Stay with my 5 day a week gym/swim plan-- I like it, I can do it.

*No counting calories or carbs, no ****** fussing.

*Monday through Friday: 3 large meals made up of fats, meats and low carb veggies. No snacks, no desserts, no sodas, no nothing else. There should be plenty of good food going down the gullet to keep me full and not wanting.

*Weekends: back to my old comfortable low carb ways-- including snacks, desserts, berries, cream, nuts, sodas, whatever I've been eating all year that is keeping me in maintenance. That doesn't mean I will be eating all those things, but I can if I want to!

*I will be incorportaing Pooti's green cancer-fighting drink into each day-- but I will only add the fruit to it on the weekends. Pooti's not fighting alone!

That's it. Simple simple simple. Not a lot of thinking required.

I stuck the remainder of the muffins in the freezer (A FIRST! WOW!) and I have hit up Costco, so I am loaded with fats, meats and green veggies. I AM READY!

Last edited by glamazon; 05-08-2011 at 10:01 PM..
Old 05-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #2037
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Sounds like a good plan to me. You and I will both be starting out new today. We can do this. I promise I wil exercise every day too (except the weekends, sorry I am not huffing and puffing and sweating in front of Frenchie) and I will stick to the plan! We can do this right? I havent lost any weight in a month. I know it's been longer for you but I just STARTED and I havent really lost anything (so really I havent lost any weight in years )
I know that if we just support each other it can make such a difference. It already has. If I had tried this on my own and went a month with no loss I would have chucked the plan and given up LONG ago. SO we are off!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #2038
Blabbermouth!!!

Ang I have faith in you, you can do this. Love ya and have a great day.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:07 AM   #2039
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
WriterLaura: I like it when you pop in and offer humor and support—you don’t come in often enough, lol, but when you do I appreciate you! You inspire me to keep cooking and coming up with new things and keep posting photos of what I make.
Aw, thanks Angela. I appreciate you too, especially the way you analyze yourself, your moods, your food. It helps me to think more critically about myself, too. I was thin (122 pounds) my entire adult life until I got pregnant in 2004. Sometimes my mental struggle with this weight is overwhelming, especially when I look at pictures of myself from not so long ago or when I meet someone I haven't seen in a few years and I can tell they are shocked that I'm 60 pounds heavier. I draw strength and inspiration from you and Amber and everyone in here who shares the real truth about themselves and their struggle.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! My daughter organized a little "Quest" where I had to search for clues (in the messy playroom from hell) to find my present. It was really cute. Then my stepsons came by with flowers and a card. Later on, we went over and had dinner with my parents and my 95-year old grandma. On Saturday, grandma fell (which she does alot, unfortunately) and had to call the police to come get her off the floor. So my dad tells her he going to get a planter to put outside her door and hide a key in case this happens again so no one has to break down the door. Grandma's response: "You crazy fool! I hate plants. I won't take care of it!" And that's how you live to be 95.

My positive for today: I walked the loop at the soccer fields for 20 minutes this morning. Feeling good.

Have a great day Angela and everyone!!

--Laura
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #2040
Major LCF Poster!

Angela, game on!
Can you post any of your old pics? I made a collage of old pictures of mom for my brother on facebook (took a picture with my digital camera of all the old pics)..no digitals or negatives of those.
Closed Thread