Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #1771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/189/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
edit

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #1772
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
awwww that's longer than all of my boyfriends lasted!
LIES!!! I'm sure u had a boyfriend Alllllll the time!!! And now u have a hot hubby!!!

I;m so snacky today. I can hardly stop. Ribs, rib tips, peanuts. All legal. Why? Whyyyyyyyyy???
Old 04-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #1773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
me, too, Martini! I've been a freaking eating machine all day long. At least it's all low carb.

DG I've never made my own mayo-- I suppose I can try now, but I don't have high hopes. I forsee a Three Stooges moment during the attempt.

Thanks, Diane! That recipe looks good! I'll give it a go the next time I have the hankering!

Last edited by glamazon; 04-27-2011 at 08:29 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #1774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: did not weigh

Exercise, day 17 of 67:
morning dog walk
20 minutes elliptical
30 minutes weight room

Supplements taken

Food today:
B: scrambled eggs, bacon, strawberries
L: salami, sharp cheddar, strawberries, blackberries, avocado
S: salami, berries and sharp cheddar
D: hamburger, onions, Brussels sprouts, blue cheese, crispy onions
D: strawberries and cream

Gym report: yep, I went. It was DEAD EMPTY. Just me and a skinny wiry old dude who used the heaviest weights imaginable. It was like he was a superhero or something, this little skinny guy sticking the weight pin at the very bottom and just lifting or pressing like it was no big deal. Hmmmm.

I have been hungry today! I tried to control it, but I couldn’t. So I ate. Not a big giant deal, but I feel better with just the three meals—once I get to snacking, it’s hard to stop. It’s probably the fruit. Or the Ideal sweetner. Or the exercise. Or maybe I should just not think about it and keep plugging along—tomorrow is a new day!

My son is out of school for the next two days (teacher conferences) so I am going to take him swimming with me tomorrow, and I’ll figure something out for the gym on Friday. Maybe he can play at a buddy’s house for a few hours while I go. I know I said I would skip if it was a non-school day, BUT I DON’T WANT TO!!!

My positive for the day: I got all new kitchen appliances! I got rid of my sticky, dirty, smelly, encrusted, make-me-crazy fridge, oven, stovetop, sink, microwave, toaster and dishwasher. Turns out, they just needed to be cleaned. I mean REALLY cleaned. Now they look brand new, and I don’t even recognize the place. Apparently, the only thing wrong with my stuff was… me.

Success today. On to day 235!

Flabazon to Glamazon
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Last edited by glamazon; 04-27-2011 at 08:31 PM..
Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #1775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post
LIES!!! I'm sure u had a boyfriend Alllllll the time!!! And now u have a hot hubby!!!
Uh, no. Men were terrified of me. If I wanted a boyfriend I had to go get one and it wasn't so easy-- slim pickins! The ones who thought I was awesome were usually 5'6 psycho rodeo clowns, and the ones I thought were awesome Brad Pitt wanted nothing to do with me. I had to do all the work when I met my husband, if I had left it all up to him... well... there'd be no us. He was much too shy. I hit him like a mack truck of love and he didn't have a chance.

Last edited by glamazon; 04-27-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Old 04-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #1776
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
Angela~ Right after I met my hubby we were cooking in the kitchen and I realized we were out of mayo. He immediately started grabbing ingredients and whipped up a batch of mayo in front of my eyes, as I stood there with my mouth hanging open. He was like "What? You never see a guy make mayo before?" and I answered "I don't even know how to make mayo myself...much less make it without looking at a recipe" He thought that was hilarious and said everyone back home knows how to make it. It's a whole different world over here

I know exactly what you mean about the guys being afraid of you. Something about being a tall woman freaks them out I think. I had much the same problem when I was young and skinny...I was kinda crazy though
Old 04-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #1777
Major LCF Poster!

Well I guess I'll have to club one in the head nd drag him home....
Old 04-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #1778
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
DG I've never made my own mayo-- I suppose I can try now, but I don't have high hopes. I forsee a Three Stooges moment during the attempt.
Believe me. If I can do it, you can do it in your sleep with both hands tied behind your back. I have SEEN the stuff you make!!!!! Does your new cuisinart gadget (food processor part) have a little cup in the lid with a small hole in it? If so, that thing addresses the hardest part of mayo making which is PATIENCE to drizzle the oil in slowly. That little cup with the hole takes all the effort of patience out of it!!

Put in the processor:

One egg
2 T lemon juice
1/2 t salt
1/2 t dry mustard (I actually use a bit less)
1/4 cup light olive oil (you can use EVOO if you want the olivey taste)
Mix until blended - about 20 seconds.

Have 1 cup of light olive oil (or regular) ready. With the processor going just fill up that little cup and keep filling it up until all the oil is incorporated. It is so friggin' cool to watch it turn into mayo!!! There are lots of variations of mayo out there. Some using part EVCO, etc. Once you do it and taste it you can adjust. I think once you try this you will be making mayo every day in 49 different flavors. I will be a Glamayorama!

Quote:
Uh, no. Men were terrified of me. If I wanted a boyfriend I had to go get one and it wasn't so easy-- slim pickins! The ones who thought I was awesome were usually 5'6 psycho rodeo clowns, and the ones I thought were awesome Brad Pitt wanted nothing to do with me.

ITA that, and I'm only 5'9"!!!! Especially the part about short dudes being facinated.

As a final note in my good morning message, I would like to invite you to my house later today for an appliance cleaning party.

DG
Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #1779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Quote:
As a final note in my good morning message, I would like to invite you to my house later today for an appliance cleaning party.
And after DG's party, there will be an after party at my house! Bring your friends ... like Mr. Clean.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #1780
Major LCF Poster!

Noooo my house first!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #1781
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I will clean all your houses, LOL

Totally agree about having to club them, TOny made this big deal that we were not going to sleep together to soon, I was like wanna spend the night? 30 seconds he was in bed and I cant get rid of him, LOL Guess I am sleeping on the couch with him tonight so I can cater to him, LOL Aww this surgery is not going to be fun!!! Heck I didnt whine with my arms, LOL
Old 04-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #1782
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I will clean all your houses, LOL
DEAL!!!!!

That's funny about Tony - can't get rid of him now. You vixen you. I'm sure he was trying to stay a virgin until your wedding, right? We need a :saint: smilie here. I hope you don't really have to sleep together on the couch tonight!

Where's glam? Is there a big game tonight?

DG
Old 04-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #1783

No we have 2 couches, LOL He is so darn tall he is suppose to try to sleep with this machine moving his leg, so I better be close, I sleep like the dead so I will never hear him upstairs. With my arms and his knee we have reached virgin status again, LOL
Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #1784
Major LCF Poster!

VIRGINS?? Who called me??? I'm here!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #1785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diane-- W.O.W. Your hubby is gorgeous AND can make mayo? My hubby can open a jar of Best Foods, that counts, right?

Martini-- yup. You pick, You get. Cavewoman style.

Thanks for the recipe, DG! Now that I have the proper tool I should give it a go-- but no need yet, as I just brought home the jumbo enormous jar of mayo from Costco.

Sorry Janet, I have Mr. Clean in chains under my sink in a leather head mask, mouth zipper closed. I still need him! Yes, my house is that neglected I have to resort to imprisoning Mr. Clean and all those cute scrubbing bubbles-- they're currently in a chain gang in the bathroom.

30 seconds you had him in bed, Amber! That's my girl! You are so freaking awesome you snared him at your highest weight! Just goes to show that extra pounds cannot stop the awesome shining through!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 PM   #1786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: did not weigh

Exercise, day 18 of 67:
55 minutes swimming w/ son
evening dog walk

Supplements taken

Food today:
B: salami, strawberries, cheddar
2nd B: salami, strawberries, cheddar, again
L: leftover hamburger, onions, Brussels sprouts, blue cheese, crispy onions
D: Carl’s Jr. $6 low carb burger, side salad, cheeseburger dressing, added bacon
D: lc chocolate peanut butter mousse

Pool Report: yep, I went… and took my son with me! He’s out of school today. We had a really good time, mostly throwing a plastic football back and forth—I had more of a workout today than I had during any lap swim, that’s for sure! It was fun. I have a terrific kid—he was very mindful of the fussy sweet old ladies who were doing their exercises nearby.

I ate like crazy today. I was hungry! All the berries are gone now. Hopefully I can get it together tomorrow. Not overly concerned, though-- I feel good!

My positive for the day: I have noticed that I have a complete lack of ear wax. NONE. My whole life I’ve always come up with a super yellow q-tip after jamming it into my ear. (sorry, gross.) I went through q-tips like crazy, always cleaning out the ears. I guess I started noticing this several months back—every q-tip comes out clean as a whistle, it’s actually kind of futile and I don’t even bother anymore—a 41 year habit, gone. What does this say about low carbing? What is ear wax anyway? Does this prove that the wax is just junky discharge and a cleaned up diet works wonders? I’m too lazy to research it. I’ll just be glad it’s gone and take it as a good sign!

Success today. On to day 235!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #1787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My Blazers were eliminated in round one of the playoffs.

No more Blazers until the fall.

I guess I'll have to root for OKC now.

Serge Ibaka is one fine hunk-o-man, he can be my mancandy now that Batum is on vacation.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:46 AM   #1788
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Sorry your team lost Angela, glad you have a replacement though...I know you need your man candy

Yes hubby is an excellent cook. We have a dream of some day opening an artist retreat and he wants to be the cook, have a garden and make lots of yummi dishes while I create away in my studio. I can just see him there happy as can be. I hope some day it comes true because this job is too hard on him!

Congrats on keeping up with the exercise, I stil havent had the guts to start back up again. I will talk to doc about that today too.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:26 AM   #1789
Major LCF Poster!

:h ugs::hugs

Poor Little Trailblazers!!!!! Cheese, meat and strawberry heffers!!! Good meal!Great JOB swimming with the little one!!! How much fun is that!!! All the lovely memories you guys are creating!!! One of my favorite memories is rollerskating outside with my mom. She wasn't that kind of mom. So it was so out of character for her that we were amazed!!! Poo firy was late this morning and I didn'tget back on the scale! I'll add it to tomorrows number....lol
Old 04-29-2011, 04:57 AM   #1790
Major LCF Poster!

Is mancandy low carb? Is it Paleo? How many Weight Watchers points?

I'm watching figure skating this morning and also have a window open with the wedding. Sound is on figure skating. Anyway, when did brides and grooms get to start sitting down through the long grueling ceremonies? Or is that only for princesses? Our Amber is certainly princess qualified I think. Does she get to sit down too? What about Tony?

I have so many questions this morning. I hope you have answers Glam. You and your bondage cleaners.

DG
Old 04-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #1791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Quote:
Is mancandy low carb? Is it Paleo? How many Weight Watchers points?
Mancandy is definitely low carb, consisting of a hunk of meat!

Angela, great day with your son! I agree, you are making lasting memories.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #1792

Ang- I was over 300 but not at 350 when I met Tony I think I was about at 310 or so, still fat, but you know he was putty, LOL

Ear wax- do you think maybe te swimming is cleaning out your ears? We call Bobby 2 names, LJ- for little Japan, since he is a walking disaster, and Ear Wax boy, OMG his ears I am like in a day how much wax can a kid produce? He is the carb king so if there is a carb connection I would say its that, he likes drawing comic stories, we told him to make a super hero named Ear Wax Boy, so he adds tales to it, LOL

Sorry about the team, that stinks!

Strawberries they look so good right now, next month our local ones will be here!

Are you close to Prineville or Madras? We might come to OR next summer, another rock friend of ours is getting married, and there is a big rock show in those areas around the first week of July, so maybe I will see Glam!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #1793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mancandy! Why else would I watch basketball? For the love of the game? Pshaw. I keep lobbying for them to play in Speedos, but the NBA keeps ignoring my calls. Jerks!

Diane, your artist's retreat sounds wonderful! I hope you can make it into a reality one day-- I'll be there! I wouldn't worry about exercise, just see your doc and take care of one thing at a time.

Aw, Martini, rollerskating with your mom! I love it! Yeah, I haven't been that kind of mom either... but that is the whole reason I started this journal and this campaign to lose the weight once and for all-- I want to be that kind of mom! I like roller skating! My gold glitter skates don't fit anymore, but I still have them!

Mancandy is low carb, DG! Suck away!

Thanks, Janet! I'm glad you are doing so well-- so happy for you and you are so inspiring to me to keep my meals simple!

Amber-- Yippee! A trip to Oregon! Take the "might" out of there and come on over! Madras and Prineville are in Central Oregon and are considered High Desert. We go whitewater rafting out there sometimes on the Deschutes River. It's about 2 hours or so away. If you come out, we will drive out and meet you!

No, the swimming didn't do the ear wax-- I've been noticing for months now, pre-swimming. It has to be a low carb connection, maybe a gluten thing? I haven't had any wheat in along time, or any real sugar. I dunno. It's fine by me!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #1794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, Amber, unless you are driving, you'll have to come through PDX to get here. Schedule a few extra days and we'll show you the sites!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #1795
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Glam. If you are keeping any notes about that mayo for future experimentation, I was given an *IMPORTANT* (I first typed that as *IMPOTANT* ) instruction to make sure ALL ingredients are room temperature. So I left the egg and lemon juice on the counter way before making this.

Tuna Salad on the menu for today!

DG
Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #1796
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the tip, DG! How lond does a batch of homemade mayo last?

What do you put in your tuna salad? My favorite combo lately is albacore, mayo, cracked pepper, garlic, green onion, and dillweed.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #1797

I think we are flying into Idaho with the peeps here now, they are hard core rock collectors he is the best man in the girls wedding, so he is going to drive us up and we are going to collect along the way, this is all dependent on our $$ future like if we get the new house we might be broke,LOL . That rock show there is OR is awesome we had a friend there, he is like a superstar with WA and OR material the Deshuttes you mention there is a rock, very expensive, he sent me some the slab was marked $125, LOL Too rich for my blood, and the Glass Buttes in CA to collect obsidian, for sure we will make a visit with ya even if we have to rean t acar.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #1798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It would be a shame to come all this way and not see the beauty of Portland or the Oregon Coast... so different from the High Desert beauty in Central Oregon. But, I get it-- we would certainly come to you! You'll be sick of the car ride by then! It's good for us to be out and about anyway, we can hit Kahneeta on the way back! (An enormous hot spring swimming pool!)

Last edited by glamazon; 04-29-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Old 04-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #1799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Hi Angela,
I was thinking of you this morning because I have a bra that no longer fits. Woo-hoo! I've been noticing it was getting really loose for about a week, but this morning when I sat down at my desk the front part between the boobage buckled and fell down. I'm so ridiculously happy.

I've been making home-made salad dressing ala Glam the last few nights and it is delicious. DH actually ate the rest of the bowl the other night after dinner. He just scooped it up with a spoon and slurped it down.

Have a great weekend! The weather here is supposed to be really nice and we have 2 tee-ball games. Looking forward to being out in the sunshine!

--Laura
Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, Laura! Shrinking boobs! Congrats! It's so funny when I was skinny I did everything I could to have bigger boobs-- push up bras that were real killers by the end of the day. Now that I have gargantuan boobs, I can't wait to have my itty bitty C cups again!

I love homemade salad dressing, I made the creamy garlic for tonight's salad. I just love that hit of fresh real garlic in it! No one can bottle that!
Closed Thread