Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #1741
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Happy Easter hon. Have a great day with your family!

Have fun! Your cheesecake will taste lovely, I bet!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #1742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Give your husband a vehement high five and chest bump for me. GO BLAZERS!!

Heartbreaking that the Sonics moved to OKC and became the Thunder... sad sad northwest day! Our coach is Nate McMillan, who was a Sonic. I miss the Sonics.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #1743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Pooti! I don't have high hopes for the texture. Last time I had the texture just right and the sweet was off-- now the sweet is right on and the texture will be off! DARNIT! Oh well, It's still a cheesecake, we'll just douse it with homemade blueberry compote.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #1744
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
Angela, yes he knows Nicolas and said he thought he was a good player, also said something about your Brandon having knee surgery? He likes your team though they arent his favs. I think Pheonix suns are his fav and he hates the Lakers. I....well, I know NOTHING about basketball :P
Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #1745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Brandon just had DOUBLE knee surgery in January! It's a miracle he's even out there, let alone back to his old all-star form. Steve Nash rocks, and the Lakers suck. Your husband is alright in my book!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #1746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 250.0

Exercise, day 14 of 67:
evening dog walk

Supplements taken

Food today:
B: scrambled eggs, sausage patty, strawberries
L: ham, cheesy bacon & onion cauliflower, cucumber w/ boursin cheese, smoked gouda, almonds, strawberries
S: LC blueberry cheesecake
D: leftover ham, daikon & boursin, strawberries

Had a lovely day. It’s lonely in here on the weekends!

My cheesecake was very very good. I was surprised! Completely edible and tasty, and even the slightly overbaked texture was no biggee. Next time I will bake it correctly and it will really be a fine cheesecake. I split the leftovers between my mom and sister and didn’t take any home… just didn’t want to have it around.

That cheesy cauliflower thing I made was completely awesome—best dish of the day! My husband loved it and even had seconds. Roasted cauliflower, caramelized onions, crispy bacon pieces all smothered in homemade cheese sauce, then smothered again with shredded cheese and put under the broiler until it had a nice crispy brown cheese top—yuuuuuummm.

Weight bounced back up, but it was expected—probably up again tomorrow with all the salty stuff I ate today! Oops!

My positive for the day: Easter came and went, I was all low carb, and it was no big deal. WOOHOO! I have this holiday thing DOWN!

Success today. On to day 232!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 AM   #1747
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
QUEEN OF THE HOLIDAY!!!! Gooooood Job!!! I am goin to attempt a cheesy cauliflower bake this week. I love the mashed caulflower at Ruby Tuesday. I've got good news and bad news. Good news I made it to 40 pounds briefly! 2 days in a row. *06.6 - Saturday. *06.4 - Sunday. Bad news is the holidy carby sides and coconut cake ala mode jacked me back to *09. STILL IN THE NEW DECADE!!! So I have lamb and stringbean leftovers. Gonna hop right back on. Enjoyed the holiday with my family.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #1748
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on surviving the holidays! The cauliflower dish sounds YUM! I may have to make that today as I have some cauliflower begging to be used. Hope you are haiving a great day
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 AM   #1749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Angela, congrats on surviving Easter! Your cheesecake sounds lovely even if you thought it was overbaked

Have a great day!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #1750
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hello Angela!
Making my rounds from missing the girls!
Roasted cauliflower, I never tried roasting that it sounds delish!!!!
Sorry about the cheesecake, but better you shoved in subpar cheesecake verses the crap that I did, LOL
Did you son like his basket?
I am missing Bobby, I hate this alternating holiday stuff as long as I always have him on Christmas it is cool, but I am looking forward to seeing him today after school, I got him a WII Lego Star Wars game, I knew the family would give too much candy and they did! LOL
SO back on track today and looking forward to my arm appt tonight, was hoping that Joe would have called, but no call yet!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #1751
Major LCF Poster!

Glamishia???? where are u???
Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #1752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi Martini and Amber and all Glamorama Friends!

Hi Glamazon! So happy to read about your continued success, and masterful handling of holidays! I've been MIA (no ****!) and struggling. Before I post the latest in my journal, just wanted to pop in and say hi to my pals. Looking forward to getting back in some sort of groove here!

There must be a hot sports competition of some sort going on now????

DG
Old 04-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #1753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here! Had a very busy day-- I cleaned my oven and planted 6 containers on my deck-- who am I? Did I just do some kind of gardening?

Welcome back, DG! Glad to see you! (Yep, Blazer game!)

Thanks, Janet & Diane! I did survive the holiday. It was suspiciously easy. There was no fretting involved at all! That felt pretty good!

Hiya Amber! I was missing you, too, and I'm glad you are right back to business today-- you are so inspirational! Sorry you're missing Bobby, and waiting for Joe to call must be agonizing. My son LOVED his basket, the B-Roy jersey was just the perfect thing. That kid didn't eat any of the candy, it's still sitting here on the counter. How is that possible? I have no idea.

Hi Martini! :french kiss smiley: Glad you had a lovely easter with your family. But, more importantly,

YOU'VE LOST 40 POUNDS??!!

I had no idea you've lost so much already! That is just freaking fantastic!

shoot, that deserves a few more:
Old 04-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #1754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: did not weigh

Exercise, day 15 of 67:
morning dog walk
30 minutes weight room
20 minutes elliptical

Supplements taken

Food today:
B: scrambled eggs, bacon, strawberries
L: leftover ham, cheesy bacon & onion cauliflower
S: smoked gouda, leftover ham
D: Burgerville: colossal burger sans bun, side salad, homemade dressing

Gym report: yep, I went. This is the first day of my third week! Iím still doing it!! Today the two rooms were insanely crowded with loads of people Iíve never seen before. The aerobic room was so crowded I had to go into the weight room first, which was less crowded, but it got more and more crowded and I was crowded out.., well, not in reality, but I just donít like it when there are so many people each machine is occupied. Where did all these people come from? I had the place practically to myself last Friday. Maybe people just get all gung ho about it on Sunday, go Monday, and then not so much for the rest of the week. Even last Monday wasnít this bad. That was weird. If it continues like that, Iíll have to switch around the time I go. I really donít like crowds. Iím spoiled and refuse to wait for a machine.

I am having trouble with my self image, ladies. I am feeling goodóall my clothes are loose and baggy, some stuff I canít even wear anymore. So, feeling this ďslimĒ inflates my ego, and I see someone looking pretty fine in the mirror! I like the way I look! My face is thinning, my eyes are getting bigger, my chin is getting itís point back, and when I doll myself up with make up and a little effort in the hair department, I feel damn good. So, I ask my husband to take my pictureÖ and then the hammer drops and I feel like I got smacked in the face with a frying pan. BONG! I look awful. Big blubbery Charlie brown head with tiny eyes and sloppy looking boobs. WTH!! That is not what I saw in the mirror! What kind of hooey is going on between my mirror and my lens? I understand when ladies think they are ugly in the mirror but they arenít in realityóbut what am I to do when Iím living the opposite? It was bothering me so I thought Iíd just let it out. Iím just ranting, I donít expect anyone to actually answer me. There are no answers.

My positive for the day: Hey! My mirror says I look goooood! Now I have to convince my camera.

Success today. On to day 233!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #1755
Major LCF Poster!

Don't be so hard on yourself hon, Cameras are evil, this is a fact. YOu will just have to accept it. Isn't there a saying in movie world that a camera adds 10 pounds? Just believe what you are seeing in the mirror because that's the one that is right! You are our Glamazon after all
Old 04-26-2011, 03:04 AM   #1756
Major LCF Poster!

My girlfriend is NO DUCKLING!!! Ahhh the camera. It is rarely kind to me at the current chubbiness level. Every now an again I can get a good picture of my face but entire body??? Ummm heck no. I have tried to teach all my friends the art of taking pictures of fat people but they love me too much to pay attention. "Oh u look fine." If I don't like pics other take of me I will erase them...LOL If my batwing is hanging out adjust my sleeve you MORE-ON!!!! So my bday weekend my cousin takes a good picture of me and the freakin camera screen turns the dang thing RED!!! WTH!!! My bronze jacket picture. RUINED!!! So yes my camera hates me too. I want to take some sideways pictures like Reva did but I have to get my friend to come do it. She was supposed to start LC today. I have to check up on her today. Frenchie is right. the camera adds 10 pounds alright. Sometime 10 in one spot...LOL I swear

Oh the brief moment at 40. I looked at the scale anf then at my flab and went..NO WAY! I wanted to cry but I so darn silly I burst into laughter and a little nekkidy jig that no one ever needs to see...LOL When I start early last year I was ugh...*47. I almost fell off the freakin scale in horror. So close to *50 I could spit on it!!! So for 6 months I was Bsin LC. Until I started posting. :blush: I would come here and read but as you know I so freakin shy!!! And then one day I found my little Glamishia. Talking to her self everyday.....:blush: So cute. So here we are two peas in a pod!!! Even if my side of the pod is a little snugger..I'M IN HERE!!!

OK now I have to go back through to see my intital post weight...LOL!!! See how little I lost the first six months and compare to 233 days here!!! SPREADSHEET!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #1757
Major LCF Poster!

BELIEVE THE MIRROR!!!! Cameras are liars. Mine too. That is all.

I can't stand a crowded gym either. I'm guessing a lot of people skipped Friday / Saturday in honor of the ......Easter Bunny I guess, and were all there Monday. Some probably took an extra day off for a long weekend. I bet Mondays won't normally be that bad? (although I do think Monday is probably busier than the other days except Saturday?) CONGRATULATIONS on getting to the gym! Are you working with a trainer? Were you inspired by the amazing Amber? Amber are you still working with a trainer?

Are you still working on the dress you were working on a couple months ago or did you finish it? Pictures? So much catching up to do!!!!

DG

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Old 04-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #1758

DG- I had my arm surgery to remove the bat wings, so I have been off the gym for 4 weeks, I can go next Monday it is killing me! I still meet with the trainer every few weeks to mix it up. Now when I go back I cant use arms and I have to be careful of bouncing and stuff, it is stressing me out, I ate and ate some more, then starved, it was a battle, but I am back in control and really being careful after 4 days of eating over Easter.

Glam- the camera always lies, and it does add weight, it is horrifying why it happens no one knows, even men feel this way tony is skinny but he says he has the worlds biggest nostril, LOL So he is always fussing about how is nose looks in pics, and I agree that stuff is inflated to epic proportions!!!! LOL Just post a lovely pic, we love you, and we will recognize the 10 pounds the camera adds, you know what you need to do, take a pic in clothes that are loose then take a pic in clothes that fit snug, you will see such a huge difference and look so much better, you will feel better, LOL
Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #1759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Angela I agree - the camera LIES! Go with what you see in the mirror, that's your true reflection not some dumb broken camera.

Martini way to go on your losses! I would have done a jig too
Old 04-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #1760
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sapphira
Stats: 287/273/130
Start Date: January 1, 2011
There is a reason photographers take a bajillion photos at each session and then pick and choose the best of the bunch. Believe the mirror! It is a truer representation of how you really look... which I'm sure is AMAZING, because you have been doing so well!

I've been meaning to ask, where are you getting these recipes for LC treats like cheesecake and brownies? Do you have a source online or are you flipping through cookbooks? I need some recipes so I'm less likely to cheat on the real thing if a craving suddenly hits, which has been happening far more often lately than I'd like to admit. :blush:

Glad you had a good Easter!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #1761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Diane & Janet! I know I know I know-- I'm just not used to churning out bad pic after bad pic-- usually there's one or two I like! I'll just keep thinking I'm gorgeous, and the cameras will catch up eventually. Then I'll post daily pictures of me in the thong I wear to the gym to work out.

Amber, that's so funny about Tony! My husband always looks stoned or has his eyes closed in flash pics, so to get a nice pic of him it has to be outdoors. I have a thousand pics of him looking like he just had a lost weekend... he doesn't care, he's the least vain person I know. Shower, jeans, t-shirt, go. I don't think he even looks in the mirror. How this is possible, I don't know.

Hi DG! Yes, of course I was inspired by Amber! She's amazing! No, I don't have a trainer-- just me using the elliptical and then about 10 different machines in the weightroom. I do about 3 sets of 12 reps, just heavy enough to almost feel muscle failure at the end of the last set. I'm slowly working my way to heavier weights, but I am in no hurry.

I am not working on any sewing right now... I'm embarassed about this, as I should be working my fingers to the bone, but I am so preoccupied with stuff that has been neglected for a very long time. With the increased exercise comes a feeling of "waking up" and wanting to do things that I haven't felt like doing in a long time-- household stuff, mostly. It's funny what dirt and cobwebs and junk on the deck you get used to and not see anymore. Well, I'm waking up and seeing this stuff again, and I'm mortified. It needs to be taken care of! How long was I in that rut?? I actually went and bought a $2 minwax filler pencil and finally repaired our dining table where I foolishly allowed my son to hammer some nails into a board-- yeah, don't ask-- so I filled the 10 or so tiny pockmarks and the table looks new again. This happened 3 years ago, by the way. It took $2 and 10 minutes to fix it. Sheesh.

Anyway, I'll get to sewing soon, I have this other stuff to take care of! The 18th Century for my Italian lady isn't due until fall, and the Italian Ren I can finish in July, or even September depending which faire my SIL wants to attend.

Hi Bethany! I don't have a set place for recipes, I get them from all over and turn them LC. I've managed to create a pretty decent bar crust, so I've been using that for just about everything. If you scroll back several pages, I posted the recipes with pics of the sweet things I made. Expiriment! Find something you like and is easy for you to make, then when you need a hit, you can take one without ruining all the hard work you've done!

Martini! I'll be your other pea! I'm in here a little snug lengthwise, lol. I know the nekkidy jig very well, done it myself just the other day when I finally broke out of those damn 250's. Glad you're here with me!

Last edited by glamazon; 04-26-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Old 04-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #1762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: did not weigh

Exercise, day 16 of 67:
morning dog walk
55 minutes lap swim
Hoops w/ son

Supplements taken

Food today:
B: 3 leftover colored eggs Pooti style, bacon
L: leftover ham, daikon, sharp cheddar
S: strawberries, blackberries, sharp cheddar
D: bbq ribeye steak, broccoli, mayo
D: berries & cream

Pool report: yep, I went. My laps were interrupted today by a vaudevillian—a gent who takes comical flying leaps and dives and belly flops off the diving board, for the amusement of his disabled son. The guy is a riot! He must be a retired clown or something. I just kicked back, treaded water, and enjoyed his show. My “lap” swimming isn’t much more effort than treading water, so it was all good. I did do a little harder kicking for a few of the lengths—that’s new—usually I only want to do the absolute barest minimum to get me to the other side. Also, muscles not so touchy when I stretch, so I’m feeling pretty good!

For my eggs this morning I used Pooti’s Fluffy Chix recipe for deviled eggs—except I just chopped it all up in a bowl and added bacon… I just couldn’t be bothered with all that separating and refilling stuff this morning. So, I guess this would be Pooti’s Deviled Egg Smash w/ Bacon. Lots of bacon. It was delicious! Thanks, Pooti! It kept me full for a long time, and I had a late lunch. I may have to eat this more often, especially when I have a busy morning.

I bought myself my birthday present early today—a Cuisinart “Smartpower Premier Duet” from Costco—it was a nice blender and a 3 cup processor in one package for only 69 bucks. I’ve always wanted a food processor, but could never afford one—and my beautiful kitchenaid blender died a few months back. So, now I have both! I know the processor is a small one, but I think it will suit my needs alright. I’m no longer show-off cooking for big parties—it’s just us chickens.

I’m not weighing lately- I know the scale will ruin my good mood! I’ll wait until the salty easter bloat goes away.

My positive for the day: New blender! I can blend stuff again!

Success today. On to day 234!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #1763
Major LCF Poster!

55 pages!!! And we're stillll togetherrrr!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #1764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awwww that's longer than all of my boyfriends lasted!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #1765

Yeah for a new kitchen gadget!! I love kitchen gadgets, too funny about the guy at the pool, good for him!

So excited about your table, can you fix mine? Moved into my house in Oct, at Halloween the kids had light sticks, came home from trick or treating and left the candy and light sticks on the table, my sister was having my nephew, so we headed down to the hospital came home and smelled varnish, the light sticks leaked all over my brand new table, hit the leaf inserted and both sides of the table, ughghgh, I guess it can be resanded and restained, but I sort of need a table, LOL Light sticks are now verboten! And now I have to keep a crappy vinyl tablecloth on it, ughghggh
Old 04-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #1766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heartbeaker about the table, Amber! Sounds like it will need some refinishing work. But, it is possible! There are even people out there who can do it for you. Dumb lightsticks!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #1767
Major LCF Poster!

THe smashed eggs sounds good. I mad an almond shake this morning and I am still not hungry. (well that and 2 ginger cookies)
Congrats on teh food processer. I LOVE mine. It has a blender attachment too and I have used that poor thing unmercifully. When the handle fell off the blender last week hubby didnt even raise his eyebrows. HE said...it was about time something broke on that dont you think?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #1768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mmmmm ginger cookies! Did they turn out well? May I have the recipe? I tried ginger cookies a few months ago and they were so blasť! I have a regular flour and sugar recipe that is to die for-- an all time family favorite-- but I haven't been able to even come close in the low carb world. Shucks!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #1769
Major LCF Poster!

This is from the All Day I dream About Food Blog which for some reason I cant link to even though its just a blog. I found these to be good, a little greasy and getting very soft the second day (probably shouldnt have iced them all last night). They are not the big rich soft ginger cookies that I adore but they have a great flavor and give me hope. I made the cream icing a little too lemony, I didnt have any zest so added some extra juice which was a mistake. If I hadnt have done that I think they would have been fantastic!

Ginger Lemon Cremes (or Ginger Lemon Whoopie Pies, if you prefer)

Cookies:
1 1/2 cups almond meal/flour
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup granulated erythritol
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp dark molasses (optional, for browning and flavour)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
18 drops stevia extract

Filling:
2 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp butter, softened
3 tbsp powdered erythritol
3 tbsp whipping cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
8 drops stevia extract

For the cookies, in a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, flax seed meal, erythritol, baking soda and spices.

In another bowl, beat butter on medium until light and fluffy. Add half of flour mixture, egg, almond milk, molasses, vanilla and stevia. Beat together until well combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until fully combined (dough may be quite stiff).

Scrape down beater to remove all the dough and then cover and chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 350F and place rack in top third of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Roll spoonfuls of dough between palms into 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Press down on each cookie with palm to about 1/4 inch thick. They will spread and flatten more while they bake.

Bake 12-14 minutes, or until tops are golden and set and edges are just beginning to brown. Let cool on pan for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.

For the filliing, beat cream cheese and butter on medium until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.

Spread creme on the bottom of cooled cookies and top with another cookie. Let filling set for 20 minutes or so before serving.

Serves 15. Each sandwich cookie has a total of 10.1g of carbs, but only 4.5g if you subtract erythritol.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #1770
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Glam! Sounds like you are getting a lot of little crapola taken care of. That sort of "mode" always leaves me feeling really good about things at the end of the day. Especially realizing something that has been bugging me forever takes 10 minutes and $2 to fix!!!

I just got my Cuisinart food processor out today and made some mayo. Does your new gadget have that little part with the small hole in the lid of the processor? FABULOUS to have an automated drizzler for mayo making! Sounds like a fun combo gadget!

Frenchie, thanks for the blog name. Book marked that one!

Have a good day Glama-friends!

DG
Closed Thread