Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #1622
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
:hugs ::con sole:

There you go!!! Good Job getting a new scale!!! Its hard to hop on a new one. Glad you had fun frolicking nekkidy with your scale....LOL I am more than 50% fat at last measuring and I can't believe that. Ok I do for me...LOL BUT NOT U. You're tall and what would they know. So about that salad....WOWSERS!!!!! I never made homemade salad dressing. It looks deeeelightful!!!

Juan and Jasper have given me no time for Jive turkey's. Stomach still is uneasy but I'll mustuer up a few minutes of exercise because we can't have u sweating and getting all puny without us!!!. The weekend was just ok. I went to a funeral and then my stomach kept me down most of it. I still can't beliee I made it through a weekend without a gain. I ben in this decade 3 whole days!!! I lost my piece of paper I was keeping track of my food and weigh over the weekend..ugh!!! it looks like I leave the galaxy of stars *** by early May!!!! Hard to get excited being so freakin fat!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #1623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Weight today: did not weigh

Exercise, day 8 of 67:
morning dog walk
20 minutes elliptical
40 minutes weight room

Supplements taken

Food today:
B: scrambled eggs, large sausage patty
L: salad w/ green leaf lettuce, leftover London broil, blue cheese, daikon, avocado, cucumber, green onion, crispy onion, homemade balsamic & olive oil dressing
D: Burgerville: Colossal burger sans bun & side salad, with my own added bacon and homemade dressing (mayo, ketchup, mustard, olive oil, wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper)

Gym report: Yep, I went. It was a little more crowded today than usual—there was a coffee klatch of ladies there bok-bok-boking like chickens as they made the rounds, did their stretches, and nattered about where to have coffee after, Borders or Starbucks? They were cute. I thought they were older than me—HAR! HAR! HAR! No, they were my age. Gosh, I will forever think of myself as 30. I look at “older ladies” and then I’m chagrined to find out they’re my age--- OR YOUNGER. Geez. maybe I just look spectacular for my age. Yeah, I’ll go with that.

Here’s dinner: I didn’t mean to have the same kind of meal for both lunch and dinner, I forgot that tonight was the fundraiser for my son’s school, a chunk of the restaurant proceeds goes right to the school this evening… and there you go. Fast Food Meal, dollied up Glamazon style.

My positive for the day: I LOVE MEAT SALADS WITH HOMEMADE DRESSING!

Success today. On to day 226!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #1624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the hugs, Martini! I totally believe I can be over 50% fat-- tall girls are so deceptive looking! I can gain and gain and gain and no one will notice, and the same with losing-- I've lost 30 pounds and no one has really said anything at all. I think maybe at 50 pounds they will say something? I need accolades, people!! LOL. Sorry you have a tummy ache, hope you feel better soon!

Homemade salad dressing is soooooo easy, and 1000 times healthier and tastier than anything in a store. My favorites are creamy garlic, blue cheese, the cheeseburger (like above) and a good old vinagrette. They can be whipped up in mere minutes and taste so good. You should try it one day, YOU'LL NEVER GO BACK.

Last edited by glamazon; 04-18-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #1625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post
it looks like I leave the galaxy of stars *** by early May!!!! Hard to get excited being so freakin fat!!!
BULL ****!!! Now is the time to totally get excited! Aren't you totally pumped to get your ass out of that ****ing galaxy? I am so jazzed for this and it's not even my body.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #1626
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sapphira
Stats: 287/273/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2011
Hi Angela (and friends!), I've missed you and reading your journal every day. I'm can finally say that I'm (mostly) settled into our new house, so I will probably start posting and reading daily again. I'm so glad to see that you are still doing well! You've lost at least 10 lbs since I last read your journal, how awesome is that!

The salad in your piccy looks scrumptious. Do you have a recipe for that salad dressing or is it something you just threw together? Yum.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #1627
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Heya Angela, I realize I should be taking advantage of having the hubs around...except he hasnt been around He is overworking himself as usual. He didnt get home last night till after 8. Tonight he said he will try to come home long enough to go to the market with me for an hour and then he is off for sports all evening. He is a busy man these days so not a lot of time to indulge. Seeing as my cupboard is getting bare...not a lot of french food in my days right now either
Your new scale sounds interesting. I just use my wii. It tells me my body mass and weight and most days I just want to break it
Your salads always look so yummi. I hope to get more salad makings tonight and start having them more often. I love a good meat salad too. I make vinagrette all the time now, it's very common here to just throw it together before you sit down to eat. They do sell bottled dressings also but it's not their norm. I need to get some nice recipes together for creamy dressings though. I love them!
I am so proud of you that no matter how down you feel about something to do with this diet you just keep going. You have given me the extra push to just keep going many days. I start feeling down I come read your journal and get a little more fuel to push on

Last edited by Frenchie'sGirl; 04-19-2011 at 01:05 AM..
Old 04-19-2011, 02:14 AM   #1628
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Ang, WOW girl that meat salad looks awesome, I try to have some sort of meat salad every day for lunch. Be good to yourself today.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:35 AM   #1629
Major LCF Poster!

I'm trying to get excited. But today I'm up*09.4. I've been VERY Careful of the Old Self Sabatoge. When to the market an peeked at those SF Oreos and left them there. I only got broccoli, a rotiserrie bird, SF pudding and strawberries. If I can manage to stay in this decade or lower for 2 weeks I'll make it in May. BY CINCO DE MAYO!!!

As super mooch of Glammy's thread WELCOME BACK SAPPHI!!!! Congrats on the new move!!!!

OMG Frenchie!!! Wii shows your weight?!?!?! I wont be playing that thing in front of anybody. Dang the Wii!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:03 AM   #1630
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Ang- totally agree about homemade dressings, I hate bottled salad dressing, Bobby will only eat HV ranch, I always whip up something for me and Tony thankfully he doesnt like them either. Martini- Wegman's tarragon vinegrette is really good, I do keep that on hand if we are totally rushed or something! I dont know what is on that burger but it looks delish!! I agree when you are tall it takes much longer for people to notice, around 40-50 pounds was when people really started noticing, of course I kept saying can't you tell I lost 15 pounds???? LOL SO soon they got the jist to just say something to shut me up, LOL Maybe you can get to be friends with some of the girls, it makes the time go faster, I hate that no one speaks at my gym, occasionally I run into people I know and that is fun then.

Martini- I so want you to be in a new century!!!! You are so close GF< I think Cinco is a reasonable time frame!!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #1631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Izzy, he sounds exactly like a chapter from "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. You should snag it from the library and give it a read-- maybe something helpful will be there? Extra aminos have helped me, my sister and my mother, no question about it!
Hi Angela! Yes, I got it from the library, have it another week. Someone mentioned taking tyrosine and 5 htp (50/1) so I started taking that supplement and progesterone cream. I have debilitating pms (17 years now) and I think it already helped a bit.
I have poor focus, so I skipped most of the stories in the book. I'll go back and look for the one that relates to B. He's so not open to stuff like that, but I can pray he will be for the first time.....If he doesn't start being willing to "work" on our issues with me....I can't see myself staying with him...
I'll need to go back and read your journal also....finding so many smart, interesting, articulate and powerful women in Pooti's (besides herself of course!) journal.
P4: May 16, 2014 Maintenance

Last edited by Izzysdream; 04-19-2011 at 07:37 AM..
Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #1632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Oh Martini~ I didn't mean to scare you It only shows it on Wii Fit and you have to ask it to
Old 04-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #1633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Angela, yummy food pics as usual! Don't worry about the scale % body fat.
I keep telling myself had I been born in the 1700's I would have been a ravishing beauty!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #1634
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Yep, awesome food girl!!!!! And I agree HMD rules!!!!! Denny hates it when I use the WF dressings. I can handle them on my DDs just cuz of the savings in calories for me on those days but I have to seriously jack with em to get em tasting ok.

You are doing soooo great girl. Don't get discouraged cuz someone doesn't say anything! Often, people who are with you every day are the last ones to see anything. But for instance, we can see it quite clearly. So maybe it's piccy time again????

Whatcha doin right now? Hope you're sewing!!!! If not, go sew!

Tiny Tini (Martini) that is what I shall call you. Your new name is TinyTini - or TiniTiny, your choice! And so proud of you for getting out of the store without those dam oreos. Evil creatures! !!!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 04-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #1635
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Hi Angela!
I know how you feel about people not noticing the weight loss. No one has noticed mine either except my husband. I think 11 pounds is significant, at least to me, and that's all that matters. Is your son off for Spring Break this week? My daughter is off until next Tuesday. I'm just working tomorrow and then I'm off til Tuesday also. Woo-hoo!

Hey Bethany!! I'm glad you are getting settled into your new place. Nice to see you posting again.

Tiny Martini, when you get into a new decade will you please post a pic of yourself rocking that cute wig and bronze jacket? Pretty please? You know you look good.

Happy Tuesday, ladies!

--Laura
Old 04-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #1636
Blabbermouth!!!

From one Laura to another, you dang right 11 lbs is significant. KUTGW, this WOE/WOL is hard sometime but perseverance will pay off.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #1637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Piratelaura, you look as tall as me in your new profile pic! YEAH!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #1638
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Is that our little blond Glammy? OMG I love it, love the head scarf, LOL So cute!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #1639
Blabbermouth!!!

Ang I am only 5'6 was 5'7 see what age will do to ya, if I live to be 96 like Miss Minnie I'll be 4 ft. Love the new Avi

Last edited by piratewoman; 04-19-2011 at 02:49 PM..
Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #1640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira View Post
The salad in your piccy looks scrumptious. Do you have a recipe for that salad dressing or is it something you just threw together? Yum.

Hi Bethany! Congrats new home owning neighbor! Welcome back! I always just throw the salad dressings together, but this cheeseburger dressing goes something like this:

into a small bowl:

2 big plops of mayo
1 medium squirt of ketchup
1 small plop of dijon mustard
5 or 6 generous shakes of Worchesteshire sauce
1 small clove fresh garlic, grated on a microplaner (or pressed)
couple glugs of extra virgin olive oil
few splashes wine vinegar
lots of fresh cracked pepper

Whisk (with an actual whisk!) until glossy and smooth-- and there you go. That's usually enough for three salads. My creamy garlic dressing is identical, just minus the ketchup, mustard and W. sauce, and add a plop of sour cream. A whisk is crucial here! A spoon just won't cut it.

How's the new home?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #1641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie'sGirl View Post
I am so proud of you that no matter how down you feel about something to do with this diet you just keep going. You have given me the extra push to just keep going many days. I start feeling down I come read your journal and get a little more fuel to push on
aaawww You just have to keep low carb, even on baaaaaad ass mofo days. Even if you eat a stunning "pig style" amount, who cares! Do it! I can't tell you how many times a pan of low carb treats just SAVED me. Sometimes I even ate the whole 8x8 pan all by myself, or ate ALL the cookies I made. Yeah, not the best thing to do, but considering the alternative (falling off the wagon, getting kicked in the chest by the horses, crushed beneath the wheels, then peed on by the trail dog) weeeellll, you can see how eating the whole pan is better than that. Strangely, I haven't felt the need to binge like that for quite a while--- but I HAD TO binge that way to get me here. Does that make sense? The longer you stay low carb the easier the choices are. I still worry, though, because I'm a former sugar junky and bread 'ho, and if I allow myself to crawl into that hole I will stay there, not care, and undo all this hard work. I DON'T DARE! That's why I just stay low carb, even if I have insanely huge or "sweet" meals, I'm still low carb, I'm still going, and I didn't feed the parasitic fat organism what it wanted.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #1642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratewoman View Post
Be good to yourself today.
I was good to myself today! I stuck to my color coded plan like glue.

Sooooo... someday I will be less than six feet tall? And have a bald bajingo? I can't imagine! No way!

Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #1643
Major LCF Poster!

WOW that sounds yummy!!! I will try to make it when I make a salad next time I made a chicken cheese pizza sauce n sautee mushrooms slop thingy. Ate half and packed the other half for lunch!!! WHO THE HECK AM I???? I was not as delicious as I hoped. Too much butter..hahahhah It was a fancy finishing garlic butter. I should have just used it on the shrooms. And I used the cheedar because it was open instead of the gouda. LOL I'm ramblin..LMAOOOOOO!!!

Writer Mom all my bronze jacket pics came out fuzzy...LOL I need to wear it again this weekend!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #1644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post
I'm trying to get excited. But today I'm up*09.4. I've been VERY Careful of the Old Self Sabatoge. When to the market an peeked at those SF Oreos and left them there. I only got broccoli, a rotiserrie bird, SF pudding and strawberries. If I can manage to stay in this decade or lower for 2 weeks I'll make it in May. BY CINCO DE MAYO!!!
What a great meal! You will make it making choices like that!

Get excited already! You are doing it! You can kiss those frakking *00's goodbye forever!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #1645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Martini! You were writing to me while I was writing to you! JINX! Buy me a Zevia.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #1646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Maybe you can get to be friends with some of the girls, it makes the time go faster, I hate that no one speaks at my gym, occasionally I run into people I know and that is fun then.
eh, I dunno about that. I just like to read my magazine, scoff at the fashion twigs in ridiculous shoes draped all over the gorgeous gay men, and then get out. I'm so anti-social!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #1647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Hi Angela! Yes, I got it from the library, have it another week. Someone mentioned taking tyrosine and 5 htp (50/1) so I started taking that supplement and progesterone cream. I have debilitating pms (17 years now) and I think it already helped a bit.
I have poor focus, so I skipped most of the stories in the book. I'll go back and look for the one that relates to B. He's so not open to stuff like that, but I can pray he will be for the first time.....If he doesn't start being willing to "work" on our issues with me....I can't see myself staying with him...
I'll need to go back and read your journal also....finding so many smart, interesting, articulate and powerful women in Pooti's (besides herself of course!) journal.
Hi Izzy! Welcome to my long winded journal! Glad you're here, these ladies here are just wonderful. Yeah, it's hard to stay with someone who is exceptionally difficult and unwilling to bend in any direction for you. I hope it all works out!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #1648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
I keep telling myself had I been born in the 1700's I would have been a ravishing beauty!
A ravishing beauty if a ravishing beauty no matter the century! If you would show me your face I could tell you so right to your ravishingly beautiful face!

...and if you were in the 1700's, I'd make you a dress.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #1649
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glenda1962
WOE: Low Carb
Hey Angela. Post a good homemade italian and vinegrette recipe!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #1650
Major LCF Poster!

What is this Zevia??? I must find it!!! Goosh my eating is good this week. Got to kick up that water again! Well the prices of gas have driven my Happy Hour folks away so its helping too....LOL
Closed Thread