Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
That's fantastic, Martini! Congrats! 3 weeks for a size change is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!

I'm mad at Lane Bryant right now-- I've always had a hell of a time with their "double" sizes-- the 18/20 was super butt tight, and the 22/24 fell off my hips. Nice quality control! (and don't get me started about how poor their overall quality is for the prices they charge! Shirts made out of kleenex for $59? PLEASE!) When they came up with the new number system, it was perfect for me. Now that I need new pants-- size 3 Tall-- they no longer make them! The dude on the phone (when I called to b#t@h, because I always call the source of my annoyance when I am annoyed,) told me that they are changing it all again, and the size 3 is now a size 18. Talk about ridiculous vanity sizing! I'm a 22 at best, do they think I will be all delighted to be calling myself an 18? BUNK! Anyway, there were no pants for me to order, or to buy at the store. I own ONE pair of pants that fit right now, and they are hobo-status. I need new pants! It's hard being tall AND fat. When I get down to a size 20 there will be more options, but what do I do until then??

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Last edited by glamazon; 11-05-2010 at 07:38 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
OK so I have the inside track on Miss Lane. My friend who worked there says they have a new distributor. So they have been getting rid of everything for the last few months. So thats why the sizes are up and down. She says she thinks the maker may be Bebe. WOW! I love the pieces they have out now. These last years they have been getting really grannie looking stuff..LOL
Old 11-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good! They needed to change. I'm glad they are finally getting a clue that fat girls don't want to wear horizontal stripes and bedazzled clown blouses! Now if their quality can just match the prices! Either way, I don't care-- nice quality high price, or crap quality low price. I think this may be spurring me on to size myself right out of the store, lol!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Yea what is up with the prices!!!! I try to mix the Lane, Fashion Bug and Avenue pieces. They actually have a few decent pieces from time to time. I bought the last batch of slacks during the 50% off sale a few weeks back. I also like to pay according to quality.

I'm on my way to buy some Sugar Cookie tea I read about in the another thread at my favorite store Wegman's! I will avoid the sample lady unless she has MEAT!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I have a pants update. WHEW! I will not need to go pantsless when these are in the wash. My mom directed me to "Woman Within" online and they had big ass tall pants. YAY! So, I ordered 2 pairs of jeans and we'll see how they are. I feel better now, at least someone out there is looking out for us big tall girls!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justice
Stats: 202/180/135
WOE: Atkins influenced whole foods
You are doing so well, Glamazon! Congrats on the 60 days. Consistency like that is huge. Glad you found some clothes. I hate the in between feeling. There is nothing like being left with the choice of saggy butt or muffin top...hmmm which one to choice. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

You are doing so well, Glamazon! Congrats on the 60 days. Consistency like that is huge. Glad you found some clothes. I hate the in between feeling. There is nothing like being left with the choice of saggy butt or muffin top...hmmm which one to choose. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Justice! Longevity has always always always been my problem. I do fabulous for a little while, then I fall HARD. Usually it's a holiday I allow to disprupt me. I've passed three "holidays" already and stayed with it-- now to get through a few birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's... sheesh, the list litrerally will never end. I'magonna do it!

PS-- baggy over muffin top, definitely!
Old 11-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 257.4
Exercise: 30 minute am dog walk, 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in butter, 3 sausage links, 1/8 cantaloupe, 1/8 honeycrisp apple
Lunch: salami, pistachio Lyoner, vintage white cheddar, cucumber, fancy mixed nuts
Snack: salami
Dinner: grilled Polish dog, caramelized onions, Brussels sprouts w/ bacon, walnuts, crispy onions & blue cheese; raspberries & cream

Today is my FIFTH day hanging out at 257. Looks like another mini-stall to me! A few more days of this and I’ll have to ignore my scale for a week again.

I’ll be glad when Costco stops selling raspberries—I can’t NOT buy them, they’re so cute sitting there smiling at me, all low carb and luscious. They always have to go home with me, then I have tons of raspberries I need to eat fast or lose. So, that’s why I have berries and cream all the time. I’ll miss them when they’re gone, but I’m kind of tired of them!

My positive for the day: I found pants! Hopefully they will actually fit.

Success today. On to day 62!

Last edited by glamazon; 11-05-2010 at 07:11 PM..
Old 11-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: 257.0
Exercise: FAIL!
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: fancy mixed nuts, 2 slices Julian bread, ¼ cantaloupe
Lunch: leftover polish dog, mustard aioli, Brussels sprouts
Snack: fancy mixed nuts
Dinner: Salad w/ chicken, romaine, tomato, avocado, cucumber, carrot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar; 3 squares chocoperfection

Okay, I have to can it with the freaking fancy mixed nuts. They are just too easy to grab when I’m lazy, which is most of the day. So, I'll be handing them to my husband to stash somewhere inconvenient. I just get stupid with nuts, I guess. I also have to figure out a way to make sure I’m walking the dog on the weekends—something to work on!

My positive for the day: Can’t really think of anything profound today, so I’ll just say: 257 is WAAAAAY better than 280!

Success today. On to day 63!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

257!!!! I would poke a granny in the hip for 280!!! 257 I would ...well let's not get into that...LOL So I'm sittin at 318. Started here at 331 2.5 months ago. I'm swinging in full gear this week. I have a huge family dinner this weekend. No one knows I'm low carbing but I can cover it up...LOL Deviled eggs, jerk chicken and ribs. I have a ham n swiss quiche in the oven now and hope to do that pumpkin sausage soup tonight. Lunch all week!!!

Awesome find on the website!!! I see stuff on there all the time I think about getting. But the further I dig into my closet I have plenty of stuff for the next 2 sizes!!! I am sectioning my closest based on snugness...LOL So close to fitting some cute stuff I bought for "when I lose just a few pounds". LOL!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No regular report today, I’ll be back to normal tomorrow.

Had a very hard day today, but I did not allow it to derail me. I’ve been at the hospital, holding vigil for my grandmother. She passed away today, age 91, and it’s just damn hard. She was suffering greatly, but we were all able to come and say goodbye. I’m so glad that she wasn’t alone at the end. We all knew it was coming, but it still hurts like hell. No time to write more today, just wanted to check in and say I’m still on plan despite this family heartbreak… because if ever there was a day to fall face first into a chocolate cake, this was it.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
I am so sorry about you G'mother's passing, God just needed another angel. all my best to you and your family.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Sorry about your loss, Glamazon. Believe it or not, my grandfather passed away this morning as well. I'll be heading to Florida for services later this week. He lived a rich life, and was ready to join my grandma who passed a few years ago. Still not easy. I feel a bit numb.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Laura and Justice! I appreciate your condolences. So sorry about your grandfather, Justice. Have a safe journey.

Today will be busy busy busy but I WILL STAY ON PLAN.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Justice, I am sorry about you grandfathers passing. Have a safe trip,the best to you and yours.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Awwww I'm so sorry for all the loss today. You guys were so blessed to have them so long. I wish my granmother had known me as an adult, been there when/if I get married, seen my kids....*sigh*. BIG HUG TO U ALL!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gosh the people here are nice. I love LCF!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post
257!!!! I would poke a granny in the hip for 280!!! 257 I would ...well let's not get into that...LOL So I'm sittin at 318. Started here at 331 2.5 months ago. I'm swinging in full gear this week. I have a huge family dinner this weekend. No one knows I'm low carbing but I can cover it up...LOL Deviled eggs, jerk chicken and ribs. I have a ham n swiss quiche in the oven now and hope to do that pumpkin sausage soup tonight. Lunch all week!!!

Awesome find on the website!!! I see stuff on there all the time I think about getting. But the further I dig into my closet I have plenty of stuff for the next 2 sizes!!! I am sectioning my closest based on snugness...LOL So close to fitting some cute stuff I bought for "when I lose just a few pounds". LOL!!!
You're funny! 318 is way better than 331!
I love the pumpkin sausage soup, it was much tastier than I expected!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: did not weigh
Exercise: 30 minute am dog walk, 60 minute swim, 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today:
Breakfast: uh, nuts, 2 slices Julian toast, ¼ honeycrisp apple
Lunch: leftover artichoke w/ garlic lemon mayo dip, salami
Snack: salami, vintage white cheddar, celery
Dinner: salad w/ leftover bbq steak, blue cheese, romaine, carrot, yellow pepper, artichoke heart, crispy onions, olive oil, vinegar

Trying to get back in the swing of things, but I feel like I’m just eating snacks. Tomorrow is another weird day, but I’ll do my best to eat three genuine meals, not three snack meals standing in the kitchen. Didn’t weigh, just didn’t want to see 257 again. I’ll just keep on truckin’ and see what happens in a few days.

My positive for the day: Still going! Not derailed!

Success today. On to day 65!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

You are doing great! Hang in there.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

How is my fellow super model in training today??? You feel free not to weigh until you feel like it. Losing family is so hard. As for dinner today, I added some mushroom alfredo sauce to the pumpkin soup and some italian chicken/turkey meatballs I got at costco and WOW!!! I can't believe how tasty this is. Hope it helps me stay good this week. I love crackers in soup and have subbed them out with a few melba toast pieces. I was up 1.3 pouns this morning but I know where that happened...LOL :blush: Yes I see 299 at the end of the first tunnel. I can't wait!!!! Be glad you never got this far from Onederland. Its a long walk home...lol
Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Ladies! I'm good. Not great, but certainly good!

Martini-- get yourself to the nearest Trader Joes and get their crispy fried onion bits (green can in the dry foods aisle) YOU WILL NEVER MISS CRACKERS IN SOUP AGAIN. I love those little suckers, I sprinkle them on everything-- soups and salads, mostly. Not ice cream.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight today: did not weigh
Exercise: 20 minute pm dog walk
All supplements taken

Food today: Not telling. Let’s just say that chocoperfection dipped in peanut butter is mighty good.

I gave myself permission to eat like a jackass today. I was a lowcarb jackass, but a jackass nonetheless. I just ate whatever, whenever. Eh, I’m okay, I just didn’t feel like trying today. I went off my personal plan of three full meals in exchange for snacking all day, but it was still low carb food. I ate chocoperfection and Julian cinnamon toast in the middle of the day, for no reason. I didn’t need it, I just felt like stuffing my face. So I did.

My positive for the day: Chocoperfection dipped in peanut butter should be called ChocoReesesCanKissMyShrinkingAssPeanutButteryPerfe ction.

Success today. On to day 66!

Last edited by glamazon; 11-09-2010 at 08:23 PM..
Old 11-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

My positive for the day: Chocoperfection dipped in peanut butter should be called ChocoReesesCanKissMyShrinkingAssPeanutButteryPerfe ction.

Angela, that is hilarious
Old 11-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Its probably wrong of me to say this but ummmm...YOU FINALLY HAD AT LEAST A FAUX CHEAT DAY!!! YIPPPEEEEE!!! Goosh you were getting on my nerves..LOL Sike! You deserve a little deviation!!! I'm scared of "legal" chocolate..LOL Those sugar free turtles were so yummy yet addictive. I want to make the Microwave faux cake. Maybe later. I;m strung out on this pumpkin soup right now...LOL I got some 5 grams of fiber wheat crackers and they give 18 mini crackers for 14 carbs!!! I little pricey but I can still lose eating them. I forgot crispy onions!!! I can d o half and half!! You're so smartttttttttt!!!! I o need to make the long trek to trader joe's and wholefoods soon. I need some thngs make make more recipes from!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the laugh, ladies, I needed it!

Too busy for a real report, didn't track my food or weight, but happy to say I'm still low carb. Food was all over the place, but I didn't care today. I'll get back on it soon, my main focus is to just eat low carb food. I feel like I'm cheating, Martini-- it's weird that I'm really NOT! I guess it's the natural saboteur in me-- It's like doing a M&E, and then cheating on that with Induction. Doing Induction, and cheating on that with OWL. Doing OWL, cheating on that with Maintenece... or doing CAD and cheating on that with Atkins. LOL! Ah, hell-- right now, as long as it's low carb I'm still good! I'll get back to business as soon as my personal life settles down-- just focus focus focusing on staying Low Carb, keeping it simple for the next few days.

--and PS-- chocoperfection has no side effects at all, it's not like all the other sugar free chocolates out there-- that alone is worth it's ridiculous price!

Last edited by glamazon; 11-10-2010 at 11:41 PM..
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, another dumbass food day, but at least it was all low carb. I can foresee a slippery slope ahead of me, so I need to nip this BS in the bud immediately. Right now. Tomorrow. No, Saturday. Okay, Sunday. Monday. MONDAY. I will be completely back to normal MONDAY. I got this! I got this!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Glamazon - popped in and read all 5 pages since you were so lovely to poke your head in my big splarge of text I call a journal

First up: Hugs and love sent to you with the loss of your grandmother. No matter how full and vibrant a life a person lives, it is always hard when they are no longer with us. Perhaps the niggling stress and upset of this is impacting your food recently since there is a pretty significant change in how you have been eating? Even though we don't 'feel' stressed sometimes, it really does impact us and our choices. My thoughts are with you hun.

This one thing you wrote really called to me. I remember thinking I was sooo fat when I was a teenager - I soooo wasn't (at least compared to my adult years haha).
Quote:
I was thinking about what a funny mind set I’m in right now. I am completely delighted that I’m in the 250’s and I walk around like my %# smells like ice cream. The last time I was in the 250’s, I was miserable and depressed and lazy and tired because it was the heaviest I’ve ever been. What a fool! Now that I’ve gained up to 280 and fought my way back down, I feel so good about it! The same damn 250’s! Funny how the mind works. It’s like when I was super skinny—150 to 175ish—and I thought I was FAT. Looking at old pictures that I use to hate and think I looked fat in, I now think I looked like a skeleton with skin. How is that possible? Brains are WEIRD! And POWERFUL! …and probably delicious.
What kind of parrot do you have? I used to breed lorikeets and green cheek conures in a previous life.

Can I borrow your dog. I read that bit about him/her being a puller. Now THAT would work for me, just drag me around and MAKE me walk

How is the extended family doing on the LC. Are they still going strong, with you as the mascot?

Loved the journal, your writing style cracks me up! Keep on keepin on - your doing fantastic!

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I survived a birthday party!!

It's my husband's birthday and I was a little concerned I would cave. He's an ice cream guy, so I went to the local ice cream parlor. I was dreading getting one of their fantastic ice cream cakes, they are always so big, and my husband is always SO SLOW to finish anything off, I knew that damn cake would be hanging around for weeks, tormenting me. Imagine my pleasure when I saw the cutest tiniest cake sitting in their freezer! It was a perfect double portion for he and my son to finish off immediately, and I was left out of the equation completely. WOOHOO! My mother and I enjoyed strawberries and whip cream instead. (It was a small party, clearly, but if cake is involved, it's a danger zone!)

Hi Tiggy! Glad to see you here! It's always so nice to have people in the same fight to support each other! (And thanks for the condolences, it's really appreciated.)

We have an African Grey Parrot; he's about 14 years old now, we've had him since he was a baby. He's pretty funny! He can talk pretty well. I wish I was able to train him more, but he's pretty spoiled nonetheless. He sits with me in my sewing room, so he's my buddy. It's tricky to raise a nice parrot, he was good pracatice for having a kid!

Our dog is an Aussie, we were worried he wouldn't be a good fit for our lazy ass lifestyle. Turns out he's the most lovey loyal dog ever, and he really did get me out there walking. I never really knew my neighbors or my neighborhood very well before we got him! Currently we have a house full of dogs, we are dog sitting my brother's two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels while they are on vacation. Also very lovey dogs! My son is delighted to be overrun with dogs.

My extended family is actually ROCKING IT!!! My sister and her husband seem to be power walking a lot and coming up with all kinds of new and intersting low carb meals. My sister is determined! My mother I am particularly proud of, she's had a pretty rough road healthwise-- battling diabetes, hypothyroid, depression, the works-- and she is doing really well. She's down 25 pounds, sleeping better, blood sugar is stable, feet swelling is gone, and she is getting out and about a lot. She is actually in the pool with me twice a week! She would just die of mortification is she knew I was talking about her, but I think it's important to stress how vital low carb is to people in her predicament.. and I just can't help it-- I'm very proud of her!

So, I'm calling today a success-- I was all low carb (*cough*jackass lowcarb*cough*) and didn't let an ice cream cake get the best of me! On to day 69!

Last edited by glamazon; 11-12-2010 at 09:59 PM..
Closed Thread