Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #1413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post

My birthday is in April so I have more than 100 days to squeeze into this pink and purple faux snakeskin motocycle jacket, boots and matching purse. I just hope I remember to wear pants n a shirt under it...LOL

Hey Martini! I know your birthday is coming-- let's see the purple snakeskin!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #1414
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Let's just say next fall that jacket is gonna be awfully cute..lmaooo. And your a hottie chubby and all!!!! Hey Writer Mom!!!! Good Luck with the whinny man!!! Frenchie!!!!

I see my Glammy did good stuff today!!! We are gonna get out of this hole yet!!! Today My admin bought us canteloupe and blueberries. So tomorrow I will bring her a veggie quiche. Mines will have ham in it...LOL I shall do up (<<Tiggy Talk!)the veggies tonight and bake in the morning!!! Hope it isn;t yucky...lol maybe a dry run tonight...LOL I drank about 75 ounces o water yesterday and on my way to the hundred tonight!!! The dang Poo Fairy snuck up on me in the frozen section at Wegman's. Where'd she go? COME BACK!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #1415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Yay for doing stuff!! Fanastic progress!

Good luck with the amino's. Isn't it funny how everyone reacts differently to them. The 5-htp is a lifesaver for me, but makes you like a zombie - so interesting! I reckon if I took the gaba or the tyrosine I would not react well.

Oh and I could have wrote that bit you said about not doing stuff, then guilting for it and feeling worse leading to not doing it more. NASTY cycle that is!

Have a great day!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #1416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a fine low carb day. Nothing fantastic, but it was low carb. I made a terrific dinner, and I was halfway through it when I thought NUTS! I didn't take a picture. It was a good looking meal, too-- I roasted a giant turkey breast, made homemade gravy and had asparagus on the side. Delicious!

I think I'm going to return the aminos (My store lets me do that! Can you believe it? They'll take back any vitamin or supplement you buy there, opened or not. New Seasons Market for anyone local.) I really didn't like the 5-HTP, and I think the tyrosine has made me headachy and dehydrated-feeling. I just read that Fawn said NO COFFEE with tyrosine as it is DANGEROUS. Well, I looked all over the web and all over the Julia Ross books, and I saw no mention of this, just that people use tyrosine INSTEAD of coffee. If anyone knows more about this, let me know! Doesn't seem right, as there are a lot of natural foods that contain tyrosine (like yogurt) and that never contraindicates with coffee. so, hmmmmmm. Anyway-- tomorrow I will step back from the tyrosine and see what happens. I still love my little Carlson's amino blend, I'm not giving that up. Maybe that's all I need? A general all over amino blend, and nothing in high doses.

I think maybe my REAL issue is I don't exercise enough. I eat very very well, my food is really healthy, and I take extra vitamins and such. I truly don't think I'm deficient in anything, but it's true that I'm in the lazy dumps... which snowballs and makes managing life a challenge. So, I think I need to really figure out what I'm going to do-- AND DO IT. I need to steel myself, and inspire myself, and force myself out there. I think this may be the next real big step for me... the first was eating low carb, and making it a way of life, not just an unwanted second-rate-diet. I've done that.

I think if I can force myself out there, I will come to like it-- as I have in the past-- and I will feel better and be more energetic and be wanting to do more stuff in life.

First I have to go shopping, though. I have nothing to wear to a gym. All my clothes are ratty and stained and old and mothered and housewifed. Who wants to go shopping with me?

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 04-07-2011, 03:02 AM   #1417
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
I will, girl I need to get back on the exercise train to, I know it will help it's just doing it that stops me. Have a great day.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #1418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2011
I've never been a very active person myself. It has always been a problem with me. When I bought my wii I found that I love goofing off on it. Unfortunately Doc says no exercise right now but even with only losing 5 pounds my hip is already starting to feel better! I believe if this keeps up, exercise might be in my near future
BTW, Hello Everyone, I am searching out everyones journals today and will try to read at least part of all of them. I am no way going to do anymore marathon reading sessions though, this one took me three days LOL!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:52 AM   #1419
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Frenchie- we are all such blabber posters I said we should have had one big journal, LOL No worries we repeat the same blabbing in all the journals, LOL Losing weight def helps all knee, hip issues, my weight effected my knees I had 2 surgeries and the doc said if I didnt lose weight I would need knee replacements at 50 that scared the crap out of me, and the blubber off me!

Angela darling you sound so much better and I think I hear a little determination in that voice!!!!! That is such a good thing as my beloved jail bird Martha would say, LOL Very cool they let you return stuff OMG all the coffee I drink I better make sure I am not taking any of that stuff I will explode! LOL

Go to Target their Champion work out stuff is awesome, I love their yoga pants, and the Old Navy workout stuff too, I live in all those black yoga pants since they move with the weight loss!!!! Old Navy usually has free shipping and free return shipping if there are none by you, the only thing is their sizing is ridiculous! I have their various pants in L, XL, XXL, 1X and 3 X WTH? You can wear them with 50 pounds of weight loss, I love the spandxy ones they make you look smaller and suck in the gut, LOL

Oh I am excited, Angela is going to get skinny once she starts shaking the booty!!! But dont lose your booty I think its your best ASSet, LOL

I was down to 232.5 so half pound from last Fri's pre surgery weight, considering I was cranked full of fluid and still very swollen I think my low cal, high protein, low carb is working if I stay the same during my slug like recovery I will be happy.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #1420
Major LCF Poster!

Glammmmmmmm!!!! Good job!!! New gym clothes is a find start. We could all stand a little more movement!!! I took a half day (to clean before my sister gets here Saturday...LOL) and I am watching Maury. These idiot mothers and overfeeding their kids. Its really sad. The kids arethrowing fits and spitting on salads. Twenty minutes until the Big Clean Up. I have to make it at least better than when she was here 2 weeks ago.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #1421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Angela, you go! Good for you on returning the aminos that aren't working and for knowing that they aren't working.

I'll go shopping too - I hate working out and have NO workout clothes at all.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #1422
Major LCF Poster!

OK...I haven't done squat yet because Muary was on back to back...LMAOOOOO Oh I forgot. I made it from the dreded *15. to *12. Does that make it better I been sitting here doing nothing? ...nooooppe!!! To the dishes I go!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #1423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Martini, hope you have a great visit with your sister! I never clean for my sister-- well, I make sure the bathroom is useable, but that's about it. She knows I'm a slob and likes to come over anyway. Sister =

I never got into Maury, but Judge Judy, she's another story. Judge Judy =

Amber, I can't shop like the rest of you pretties do. I'm 6 foot freakin 2! And fat, to boot. Being tall has one set of problems, and being tall AND fat makes it a thousand times harder. I don't think regular stores understand that tall fat women exist. Every so often I can find something-- usually just from crappy quality control, something will be exceptionally long in the plus department, but that's not ususal. I'll have to order something and hope for the best. The only thing that fit well was Lane Bryant's right fit blue dot jeans-- and now they don't make them anymore. They make something like it, but not available in my tall size. I'M SO SCREWED!

So, Frenchie, what is it like to low carb in Strasbourg? I'm dying to hear about where you live-- are you a native or an ex-pat? I've always wanted to be an expat, but I have it too good right where I'm at.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #1424
Major LCF Poster!

= Judy...LOL

I usually only do her bathroom n clean sheets...LOL I've done one hour in the lving room n kitchen. She slept on those sheets 2 weeks ago so no changing needed...LOL OK I could.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #1425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't be dissin' Judge Judy. I will freak out on your punk ass.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #1426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ANYway, I'm hammering out a plan for myself. The past few days I have been really coming to terms with the fact that I can no longer be all loosey goosey about my approach to losing weight and becoming that healthy active glamazon I once was. It is not too late to save myself, but if I wait much longer I'll suddenly be 80 years old and just think "Crap." when I look in the mirror.

My plan to "just eat low carb and be a glamazon again" has not worked out so well beyond November of 2010. Sure, it was beautiful gangbusters for two sweet months, then the stall came, and the holidays came, and I was just so pleased to maintain through all of it and stay low carb. (WIN!) But then the stall never went away! All my expectations that "just eat low carb and all will be wonderful!" did not pan out. I waited. I was patient. I thought for SURE my body would start to let go of the poundage soon, like it had in the past after long dreadful stalls. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and here I am, still low carbing, still stalled, still waiting for the magic to happen.

DUH! THE MAGIC IS NOT HAPPENING!!! Clearly, my fat is winning the battle. It is scoffing at my pathetic attempt to not feed it carbs. It laughs in the face of not being fed carbs. It takes the carbs I do feed it and THRIVES in maintenance. My fat is laughing at me, all dimpled and jiggly, merrily being all fat and stuff. *******.

So, THE TIME HAS COME. Ladies, I am going to need every ounce of strength and concentration and support I can get to keep that sabotaging jackass (that is myself) at bay.

I am planning to be my own personal trainer. I thought about what I would do for some low carb n00b, and this is what I am going to be doing for myself. It's pretty comprehensive, and very challenging, and very very very necesary.

IT IS TIME.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #1427

Ang- Old Navy has tall sizes!!!! The Champion stuff is pretty long just say they are cropped yoga pants!!!! LOL

I will so support you to keep the sabotaging jackass at bay, LOL !!!!! I am here ready to cheer I just cant jump or my boobs will smash into my arms and ruin all this hard surgery!!!!!LOL

You can do this woman!!!! You are so insanely smart and talented you will find the weight loss mojo again I promise!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #1428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
WOO HOO.

and girl, we have your back. You will get all the hand holding and arse kicking you need right here!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #1429
Major LCF Poster!

Let's go troops!!! I'm going to be walking twice a week with a friend and working my way on up from there. *12 today. Praying for *11 in the morning. Out of this same pound rut!!

Anddddd about Judy....Let us agree to disagree..OMG!!! My first tiff with my first girlfriend!!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #1430
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
You can do this hon!!!! Don't get mad. Get even!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:32 AM   #1431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Angela I know you can do this, you are one very determined lady! I will be here cheering you on as I know all these wonderful ladies will be also!

I am an ex-pat, an Illinios farm girl I met the most gorgous sinfully young frenchman who charmed the pants off of me and swept me away to this lovely land of castles! I adore him in every way and he spoils me rotten!
Strasbourg is a beautiful city and I will post some pics in my journal sometime. LIving here is very interesting. It is the third place I have lived in France.

Before I moved here I lived in Seattle for 12 years and the PNW is still in my heart. I think it is the most beautiful place I have ever been and I miss it a lot. Portland is a wonderful city and the Oregon Coast takes my breath away. You are truly fortunate living in such a wonderful place!

Low carbing in France is trying at times. We dont have all the products available over here like you all do and the postage to ship things is sinful! A lot of local products have no proper labels and so that adds another difficulty. There are plenty of fresh veggies and wonderful cheeses available though. Also almond flour is fairly cheap and I can purchase it in larger amounts They also have stevia here. Most health foods and 'bio' products are very pricey and thats the only place you can find things like flax seed (forget flax flour...that's not happening) I ordered a coffee grinder to make my own, couldnt even find THAT in the stores

My problem is I am a baker at heart so I want all the great product you all have so I can whip me up some new creations!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:15 AM   #1432

Frenchie- wow what a cool story!!! Yes you have to post pics of where you live, I never got to France, my son was in Paris 2 years ago with his Dad, he brought me a light up Eiffel Tower!!! WOW and the accent your hubby must have!!!! So cool!! Do you have kids? Do you have a journal on here? POst the link so I can find it!!!! I am not a baker so I live through Angels and Pooti's creations!!! LOL

Martini- when in April is your B-day it is April so how do you have 100 days? I want to know when the b-day is!!!!

Ang-waiting for the grand report!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #1433
Blabbermouth!!!

Ang, you can do this...you have so much support cheering you on. You are an amazing woman and I know you will succeed at any thing you set your mind too. Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #1434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Angela, you can do it! We are cheering you on!
Maybe you will inspire some of us (me) to get up and move too!

Frenchie, that is a great story, and very romantic. I'd love to see some castle pictures!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #1435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You ladies are just the best! Hugs all around!

Diane, I just have to know more about your story! How did you meet your husband? How young is "young?" LOL. Where else have you lived in France? And for gosh sakes-- PICTURES! I need to see this sexy Frenchman who calls you wife. Hurray for younger men! My husband is 6 months younger than me. (hehehehehe) We have a Frenchman on our Blazer team, and his voice is sexy as get out. I'm always embarassed to remember he's young enough to be my son!

---funny, we also have a sexy little Ozzie on our team, and a sexy dude from Texas, and a sexy dude from Pennsylvania and a sexy dude from North Carolina-- Girls, I think the Blazers are our team!

Last edited by glamazon; 04-08-2011 at 02:12 PM..
Old 04-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #1436

Yeah Frenchie spill the beans!!!! Details, pictures, now I can live vicariously through Tiggy's down under adventures and your French adventures!!!! I got an older man, I never dated anyone younger than me, although I sure like looking at them, LOL And thinking what I could teach them but that is the bad part the teaching, LOL

Ang- post a pic of the Jackets, LOL
Old 04-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #1437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ALRIGHTY! HERE I GO!

I have spreadsheeted (ha ha) my plan, and it’s a good one. On screen, it is a thing of beauty. It’s balanced, it’s color-coded, it says I can get it all done and still love my family time and my “me” time. But, parlaying this into real life is what will take supreme effort. <deeeeeep breath>

You guys know me well enough to know I’m a naturally lazy person who only wants to do the barest minimum to stay low carb. If I go gangbusters, I tend to burn out. However, I’ve come to the sad sad conclusion that I will never be a glamazon again doing the bare minimum. So, I need to micromanage myself to make sure I don’t burn out while stepping it up… and not feel like I’m being micromanaged. Lol.

Things I have decided to forgo to help me not burn out:

1) I will not count calories: I understand that an obscene amount of calories doesn’t help the weight loss cause. However, after reading DANDR, Good Calories, Bad Calories, Why We Get fat, and the Diet Cure, I understand calories better and I know that “low calories” is a terrible idea for losing pounds. So, I will have unlimited calories and will continue to not pay any attention to them. The remainder of my plan, though, does not allow unlimited EATING, so don’t think I’ll be in the buffet line all day long plowing through mountains of food.

2) I will not count carbs: this may sound sacrilegious, but bear with me! I am not a Low Carb Dope. I know what is low carb and what isn’t. Meat, fat, veggie. Duh. If this is what I’ll be eating, it will automatically be very low carb. I just can’t quibble about a few carbs either way—27 carbs instead of 25-- I’m too old for the quibbling and it would be counterproductive to the whole “lifetime way of eating” thing.

3) I will not weigh daily: I will "officially" weigh and measure and photo once a month. I’m okay with daily weighing, if I am obsessively tracking it all—but I just can’t do that this time around, or the burnout will surely come. No obsessive tracking for me. (weeeell, unless I get one of those fancy new scales and I just can't help myself. I reserve the right! )

Things I have decided to DO to help me not burn out:

1) I will not put the kibosh on low carb treats. I love to make them and eat them and share them too much. However, I will not be eating them willy nilly whenever I feel like it—no. The treats will be PLANNED, and the treats will be TREATS. This will most likely be a trouble spot for me, as I enjoy eating treats all the time—I could actually just eat treats all day long and not have any real food. But, that is not a healthy thing to do. I do not feel low carb treats are bad at all, but when I eat the whole pan by myself instead of having a proper lunch or breakfast—well, that’s just stupid. I don’t want to be stupid anymore.

2) Continue to journal here with my internet besties. I need to make a new little checklist and report to you guys every day to be sure I can count the day as a success—I’ve done this before, and it has HELPED SO MUCH. I like my successful day count, it gives me some pride! I enjoy feeling successful, and I want to stay in the WIN column.

So, what is this GREAT PLAN, you say? I have to keep it super super simple so even the most boneheaded amongst us can follow it. (Uh, that would be ME.) What I plan to do now is only for a specific amount of days—once my kid is out of school, the whole schedule will need to be adjusted again. So, this will only be April 11th through June 16th only, 67 days:

EXERCISE:

Weekends, Holidays & No-School days: Off—no exercise plan—just do family stuff.

Weekdays: MWF—local rec center gym, I have 2 hours allotted to get there, use all the machines, get home and get showered and ready to work.
TTh—swimming pool, same two hours to get there, swim laps, get home, clean up.

I gave myself two hours because realistically that’s what I’m going to need—this includes drive time and showering hair drying etc. the whole shebang so I can start sewing. This schedule is barring any unforeseen circumstances, of course—sick family members, myself sick, no-school days, grandma suddenly needing a ride to her doctor’s appointment, etc. etc. So, it is a little flexible, but I’m hoping no one gets sick and flubs up all my glorious color-coded spreadsheet plans! Something is bound to happen, so I should probably just be ready for it. I suppose if the schedule is honestly disrupted, I just need to forgive myself, not fret about it, and get right back to business the next day. What is absolutely unacceptable would be just not going—this is the sabotaging jackass that needs to STAY AWAY. It’s a real possibility and I will need CONSTANT VIGILANCE to combat it.

I doubt my “workouts” will be considered workouts for the first few weeks. I’m just going to concentrate on getting there. I will be using the lightest weights possible and will probably be pretty slow on the elliptical. I’m good with that. I’m not looking forward to the pain involved after the first few workouts, so I’m going to take it very very easy at first. Ease on into it. I’ve had personal trainers before, and I’ve used all these machines before, so I do know what to do. I just have to get there. AND I WILL. Monday, April 11, 2011.

FOOD:

Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. Low carb. That is all.

Seems so easy! NOT! AT the moment I’m used to eating LC whatever I want whenever I want, so I end up snacking all day and that’s just not good. So, I have to force myself back to the basics. “What” to eat is not my problem—I’m good with the low carb options—I just need a planned menu I can stick to, and actually stick to it. This means I have to just stop buying snacks. No nuts, no cream, no cheese, no pepperoni sticks, no beef jerky, no berries, no salami--whatever. I actually buy some of these things for my husband and son to eat, but they don’t—I do. So I need to knock it off. It will be hard, because I like to eat these things and they aren’t “bad,” but they encourage me to just eat snacks and not have a decent meal instead.

So, I will be concentrating my WHOLE ENTIRE BEING on getting to the gym or the pool on the weekdays, and eating genuine meals at appropriate times every day. (Also walking the dog, but that is automatic already. And a real sewing schedule, but that has nothing to do with dieting!)

I’m almost hesitant to post this—almost. Once it’s out there, you all know this is my plan, and as I’ve begged for support you’re going to give it to me… and I can’t let you down. So…. Here… It… Goes…

IT’S POSTED!

Last edited by glamazon; 04-08-2011 at 03:15 PM..
Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #1438
Blabbermouth!!!

Ang I believe you can do this, if you do this exercise like you said... I will do it also...and this is a big ole step for me as I absolutly hate to exercise. We all are behind you 120%, you can count on us to be here for you.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #1439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

love love love love to you Laura! you're going to exercise, too? WOW! That's spectacular! Thank you! I'll be clinging to you on Monday, that's for sure!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #1440
Blabbermouth!!!

Ang I think we will need to cling to each other to keep ourselves from falling out form exhaustion.
Closed Thread