Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #1381
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Ang, I don't need to say anything that hasn't already been said. I am one to talk, I need to get me lazy arse up out of this chair and start exercising some also

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #1382
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
We'll get er dun!!! One day...SOOOON!!! Thanks for all the ideas and advice. It's new places that are an issue. Too much new delightful iterms. I'm fine going anywhere else. This place was SINFUL wall to wall. I got right back on plan today. A day of all seafood. A friend of mine said just see if you can. WOW! Am I a carnivore or what??? LOL!!! I wanted everything but seafood..LOL Pork, beef, chicken....lamb. But I made it thru. So one more day of goodie 2 shoing it and Wednesday I will bring myself back to the scale. Couldn't do it this morning. Maybe Thursday will be even better. More movement indeed!!! I can make it thru one of those line dancing songs. Hopefully soon I can make it through 2 or 3.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #1383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Glad you are right back to business, Martini. I took care of a lot of business today-- it's a good thing I unplug for a while, I'm more productive and my house is cleaner, that's for sure! Made some summer campground reservations at the beach, and was able to snag the nice site next to the beach you can have your dog off leash. Yeah!

Had a fine day-- same as always. Still not sure what to do, but I guess treading water is okay for the moment. Cheesecake finally all gone (no, I didn't eat it all myself, though I don't blame you for thinking I did!

Dinner was enchilada slop on lettuce w/ avocado-- spicy and yummy!

Have a great night, everyone!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 04-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #1384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
You have a great day too!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #1385
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Ang- I enjoyed our talk today!!!! I saw the pics you posted that was when I was in Vegas, so that is how I missed them! OK GF you are not fat, and you got a great ass! Man I got a spongebob no ass ass, LOL And you dont have a big old sagging rack!!!! You will look great with a few more pounds off, dont be down you will figure it out!!!! I want Angela Ass!!!!

Amber
Old 04-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #1386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Amber!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #1387
Major LCF Poster!

PEEP SHOW!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #1388

Martini- I got arms, Ang got ass what body part are you contributing? Between us we will make a smokin woman, LOL We need Laura's voice!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #1389
Major LCF Poster!

I'll be in charge of....ummm...the nose..lmaoooooo
Old 04-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #1390
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL Amber I sound like a country bumkin, or a hillbilly filly
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #1391

Laura- you got the sweetest voice like a little angle that is why I so see you being a nurse or doing what you do you have such a soothing demeanor I love when you call me!!! LOL
Old 04-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #1392
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL Thanks, maybe nurse ratched
Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good evening ladies!

I got to chitchat with Amber today-- love her! She was very inspiring for me. After I hung up and did a little studying and then went to the market to get some specific aminos-- L-tyrosine, 5-htp and GABA -- and I started right away. I took the tyrosine, and I'll take a 5-htp later this evening. I feel fine. Nothing spectacular, but we'll see. I will also be upping my dose of the Amino blend I was taking. I have to beat these BLAHS! I have to feel good to get in the gym and be like our Gymbalina. Also, come hell or high water, I will be sewing tomorrow. Even if it's something stupid, It will be done. I just need a little goose, I think, and I can get the creative ball rolling.

Today I registered for the 2011 Doggie Dash-- a fundraiser for the Oregon Humane Society. They close off parts of downtown Portland and about 4000 dogs and their owners are walking or running a route all over the place. We've done it every year for the last 3 years, it's really fun! That's a lot of dogs! Portland loves dogs, that's for sure. The Dash last year raised over $273,000 to help end petlessness! It's in May, but I will certainly post pics. Time to hit up all the facebook friends and family for donations!

Dinner tonight was Burgerville: double colosal burger and side salad-- bunless with added bacon, pickles, avocado and homemade dressing. The dressing I made was particularly delicious tonight-- I don't know why, I just whisk stuff up in a bowl and don't measure. I should have, whatever I did was fabulous! Mayo, olive oil, pomegranate vinegar, ketchup, dijon, garlic, worchestershire sauce, ground pepper. That tasted reeeeeally good all over a cheeseburger salad.

Here's a pic:

Old 04-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #1394
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
I'm so glad to hear of your talk with Ambs! I've been worried about you my sweet Oregonian friend!!!!!!!!! I want you to get your groove back!!!! Your dinner sounds fabulous!!!!!! Love the sound of your dressing! Love the idea of making "a mark" tomorrow!!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #1395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Poot! I sure am in a rut and it's time to get out. Dresses to make and pounds to lose. LET'S DO IT!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #1396
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Yes hon, let's do it! The past few days I've been very self-indulgent. I'm in fact, afraid to step on the scale again.

You are very lucky not to have tendencies to eat off LC. I have been off the reservation. Opologies to any of our Native American friends. (Denny is part Native American - not that it entitles me to use expressions that may offend others...) but exactly, I haven't watched one calorie, fat gram, carb and have been eating if I estimated, maybe around 80-100g of carbs per day (if that much). But I can feel the extra weight. Weird but I can.

I told Denny that tomorrow we start back on our strict path. Now that I have a plan I am just gonna follow it and be done with goofing around. I've been maintaining for way too long and now I'm gaining.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 04-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #1397
Major LCF Poster!

Not weird. Its true! It's like I feel the heavyness when I gain. I actually can see and tell my weight by looking at the fat near my elbows while I stand on the scale. If dont see the little space, I kno I don't even want to look down. Yes Glam you should be so happy to never have the urge to eat off plan. I can tell by how little u post that you are struggling. Its like I want to pull u both out of the hole but I'm in here with you. Not that I'm using it as an excuse. I have been so unfocused at work. Much like your sewing. I can't bring myself to do work and now my projects are behind. Maybe getting older is really bothering me. I know the unorganzation of my house is affecting me. I come home and do nothing when I should be cleaning. *Sigh* These ruts are horrible. Its not just not wanting to lose bad enough either. I lost a whopping pound in March. And I am in a negative for April. It means alot that you guys understand what I am saying.

So I'm up at 3 am...overthinking.....and trying to dig out of this rut...with a 1/8 teaspoon...
Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 AM   #1398

Ang- Oh goodness I am glad if I inspired you in my whacked state, LOL You are so fabulous I want you to be happy!!!!Maybe those amino acids will help you. I am so glad to see you get your groove back the posting, the doggie walk I will send you $, I know you can do it!!! You are such a strong person, and I think getting those creative juices flowing will help!!!One step at a time, dont try to fix everything at once one day and step at a time!!! I had a bad morning I woke up bawling over my scars, Tony was like WTH? LOL He said just relax, it is so creepy I am so freaked and my arms feel so funny but yet I am so happy it is such an emotional rollercoater!!! I will be glad when I can take all my vitamins and stuff again and all the pills are out of my system!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #1399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angela, I'm so glad you are trying the aminos to get your groove back! You pointed me in the right direction with them and I feel sure that they will work for you as well as they have for Tiggy too.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #1400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
I just want to say, I think you are amazing! I just started the Atkins diet and stumbled on your journal through a comment of yours in the RR thread. I started reading and I couldn't stop. Your journey has been so inspiring and I have gleaned a wealth of information from it. I already have a ton of recipes and ideas floating around in my head and ordered my amino acids! LOL!
I can't tell you how many times I wanted to comment about something and then remembered that I was months back. I finally reached the end today and can say..Hey! Nice to meet you and thank you so much. You have helped me more than you could know
Old 04-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #1401
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Angela, I'm so happy to see you posting your food pics on your lovely plates again! I've really missed seeing them and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Frenchie's Girl-- I had the same experience as you stumbling onto Angela's journal. It's weird but I felt like the popular girl invited me to the party. I'm quite certain Angela has inspired and helped more people than she knows through this journal.

Martini, you always make me laugh, girl! Thank you for being here.

I've been staying on track all week with my food plan, but feeling more stressed than usual. DH has the flu and has been acting like a big bald baby and I have some work committments that are making me nuts. I have to just keep telling myself to breathe--and drink my water!

--Laura
Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #1402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonjour, Frenchie's Girl! Bienvenue! My French is super terrible, I only know how to order pain au chocolat and an exprimé. Wow! I can't believe you made it though all of this crazy journal! I'm glad I am able to help you, but in reality, all you girls ARE HELPING ME! I'm so glad you have joined us, aren't these ladies just the best? I hope you post here plenty, there is a lot of support here!

I see you are from Strasbourg (Hello Gorgeous!) I have not been to that part of France... yet! We have visited Chamonix and Mt. Blanc, and then to the other side we stayed in Hossegar on the beach for a while. Just lovely, everyone was so nice and the food was just amazing. I am totally in love with France-- you'd better post lots of pictures for me!

aaawwww, thanks, WriterLaura. "Popular girl" my ass! LOL! I was missing you, glad you are back! That's a big feat of strength to stay low carb through some serious stress. Proud of you! Hope your husband feels better soon!

Janet, I think the aminos are helping for sure. My husband asked if it was just a placebo effect, and I said maybe it was, but who cares as long as I'm feeling it?

Amber, don't cry over your scars! You know they will be practically invisible in the future, and you will be left wil thin sexy batwingfree arms!

Pooti, I bet Denny is delighted to be back on plan! So glad you are getting back to it. I know how hard it is-- been there a thousand times in the past, that's for sure. We love you Pooti, we're behind you all the way!

Martini, I just want to hug you and love you and hug you some more! I know we are both in the same pit-- maybe we can build a human ladder of sorts and GET EVERYONE OUT! I sure understand about the messy house bringing you down-- I've been living that the past few months. I'm feeling better this morning, I have plans-- I WILL get **** done today.

So, I took the 5HTP last night, and I didn't like it. I took one around 9:30, and it did make me a little sleepy, but I did not fall asleep quickly or have a quality night's sleep. I woke several times and felt ultra groggy-- like my arms weighed 10,000 pounds as I tried to tug the blanket back in place. I also woke up super groggy. So, I don't think the 5htp is for me. I do better just popping a melatonin if I don't fall asleep within 30 minutes. I'll just stick with that.

The tyrosine, though, I think is helping. I took one this morning strightaway with a double dose of the amino blend. I felt fine, but nothing out of the ordinary. So, I took an additional tyosine cap 1 hour later, and I'm waiting to see if anything comes of that. Wish me luck! I feel like climbing out of the hole!

Last edited by glamazon; 04-06-2011 at 09:59 AM..
Old 04-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #1403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Writer Mom, I agree...definitely has that kind of feel LOL!

Angela, I just had a thought that kept poking me half way through this journal and I still wonder if I might be right. You have had such a long haul at one point where you havent lost a lot of weight but you did lose quit a bit in inches. The thing that struck me was the fact that you are taking amino acids. I mean, aren't they the very think that professional body builders take to help them build muscles? I think your body just might be working away at building some nice strong muscles and that might be why you are struggling to lose the weight. IF this is true...well, there is nothing wrong with muscles right?

P.S. I hope you don't mind me calling you Angela...I feel like I know you
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #1404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's absolutely possible! Low carb all on its own is notorious for hanging on and building muscle while the fat shrinks away, and amino acids are essential for that. But, I haven't been taking them regularly, I was just using them to control munchies... and I'm not doing much in the way of exercise. I dunno. LOW CARB IS WEIRD. I just need to keep on keepin on, no matter what. The Blahs were keeping me down, that's for sure. I just didn't feel like doing ANYthing-- the housework, the laundry, making dresses-- even keeping up with the grocery shopping and cooking meals were a drag. It's like a snowball effect-- don't feel like doing it, don't do it, feel bad about not doing it, don't do it, and so on.

However, I'm determined to do stuff today, so I'm going to sign out for a bit. Everyone have a wonderful day! I'll be back later.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #1405
Blabbermouth!!!

Ang when I was looking them up on the net I noticed that the descriptions of their product listed them as body building aids, I didn't order them
Old 04-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #1406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmm ... so maybe by taking the aminos, I am actually getting ripped undeneath my fat?
That would be awesome!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #1407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Janet!

Laura, bodybuilders are smart to use aminos to get them where they want to be-- but that doesn't mean aminos are strictly for bodybuilding. You can't be alive without using aminos, and if you're deficient in any all hell breaks loose. I recommend snagging the Diet Cure and the Mood cure from the library for a quick read. There's loads of info on the net, also-- just google "22 essential amino acids" and I'm sure it will all pop right up.

So, I did get some stuff done-- quick trip to Sears to exchange my kid's pants (he blows the knees out every few weeks and Sears will exchange them forever-- love that KidVantage program!) and then to the bank and to Trader Joes and to the fabric store. At Trader Joes I found these little seaweed snacks--YUM! I wanted to get some at Uwajimaya, but all the varieties they had there--all 500 of them--- were filled with junky chemicals. The Trader Joe ones were pretty simple, and no MSG. They were terrific! Just the perfect amount of sesame oil and salt. I don't care for Canola oil, but you can't win 'em all. Also, they were pretty light, so I managed to eat the whole package to feel like I ate anything at all, lol! The Fabric store was a huge let down-- they did NOT have what I wanted. Oh well. I swore I would do some sewing today no matter how trivial, and so i did: I removed the lace and pearls from the cuff of my own Venetian gown in preparation for new (more appropriate) lace. It wasn't easy, I build these things like tanks so they never fall apart, I had to pick through three lines of stitching!

Anyway, I think I may have overdone the tyrosine-- felt slightly headachy and "off" all day, nothing bad, just annoying. Tomorrow I will only take the 1 pill and see how it goes.

Also, FYI, don't give kids "Dr. Zevia" to drink. Surprise! Caffiene. I'm such a soda n00b. No wonder he was so peppy and animated last night!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #1408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Frenchie! Of course you can call me Angela-- and of course you know me! Now we get to know you-- How you doing? Great picture! It's nice to see your face. Now if we can just convince Martini and Pooti to bare it!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #1409
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Melodybinoc
Stats: 186/182/155 5'5" with no shoes
WOE: Low Carbing Breastfeeder (40-60 carbs a day)
Start Date: 10/22/09
I totally agree...you (and your journal) have been a wealth of knowledge in the short time I have been trying to get on track here...thank you.

Im sorry the 5HTP wasnt kind to you. What is the tyrosine for?

I like Janets theory...underneath I bet I look great!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I'm a total hottie under all this blubber!
Closed Thread