Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #1321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Angela, I really love that Zevia too. It's not hard to find here, there are several higher end grocers that carry it but it would be great if a big box store would carry it.
I've started drinking Diet Rite, which is sweetened with splenda. Love it!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #1322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
B- mock danish with blueberries
L- leftover chicken, green beans
S- snausages, string cheese
D- shredded teriyaki pork, sauerkraut, peas, 1 glass wine
Water- 20 ounces

Angela, I'm glad the aminos are working for you. I've been in the dumps myself lately but it's because of gyn problems. It seems my endometriosis is coming back again and I feel like a big, hot mess (literally!). My last surgery was in 2009 and my doctor says I may need to have another one this summer. Between the hot flashes, mood swings and other unpleasantness going on down there I am not a happy camper.

I'm loving the Julian bread. I just had a piece for breakfast. I can't remember the last time I had a piece of toast.

Amber, I took your advice and tried the Seal Sama teriyaki sauce last night on a pork roast that I cooked in the crockpot. I shreddedd up the roast and then added the sauce. OMG, it was so good. Even DH, who is not a shredded pork fan (what is wrong with that man??) said it was delicious. I can't wait to have leftovers for lunch!

Take care, all.
--Laura
Old 03-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #1323
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflystar
Stats: 254/198/170
Start Date: Jan 2011
Hey there girl, what is the aminos your talking about? I read down through some of your old posts and couldnt find anything about it. Just Curious. I used to have a huge problem with snacking, in fact I would eat when I wasn't even hungry but since I've been doing LC I feel full longer and dont snack. I have never liked to drink water but have been just forcing myself to do it as much as a can , maybe that helps my snacking. It sounds like you work from home? maybe that is why because while at work I dont have snacks avail to me and if I do I have to buy them and I quit carrying money to work! It helps keep me in line.
Your menu sounds like you are on the right track..keep it up, you are other people's MOJO lol
Old 03-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #1324
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Ang where did you get your Amino's from and what is the name of them? That sucks that they are not welcome here, WTH did they do?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #1325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Hi Laura! Julian didn't do anything at all-- Netrition has deals with other bread companies (as is their right) and won't sell it, and then made it sound like Julian was "bad" somehow since they aren't selling it. Then they did not allow Julian to come here and defend against the accusations (libel, actually) made. Very strange. I'm just going to chalk it up to: not my business. I will continue to buy Julian bread and praise it to all who asks!

The aminos are called Carlson's Super Daily Amino Blend-- the healthfood store shelves are loaded with aminos galore, this was the only one that was a single pill dose and had most of the aminos in there. Plus I like the Carlson company, their lemon cod liver oil is the best.

Butterfly, I use the aminos to control the munchies, which I am a huge victim of. After taking the amino pill-- that itty bitty pill-- like in 15 minutes I feel full and satisfied and have no desire to trawl the kitchen digging for anything lc to shove down my pie hole. It doesn't curb ACTAL hunger, mind you-- if you have real hunger you should just eat. But I suffer from the phantom hunger that's just brain chemistry nonsense, driving me to eat and eat for no reason and not being satisfied with anything. The amino fixes that. Weird but true! (You're right I work at home-- if I was still out in the workforce I'd be a skinny ***** already, no time to snack!)

Janet, I just can't take the Splenda. It is such an Emporer's New Clothes situation for me. I just want to run around yelling "It tastes HORRIBLE! Can't you people see that? You're a victim of a billion dollar industry's marketing telling you it's fabulous! It's GROSS!" and grab people's sodas and smash them on the ground. One of these days I may snap, and then you'll have to pool for my bail. Arrested for Splenda Abuse.

aw, WriterLaura, I'm sorry you're in the dumps, too. I hope you feel better soon and get it all cleared up. You food still looks fantastic and you're doing great! Don't let the dumps derail you. Keep going!

Tig, my floor is level (mostly) and I do keep it on the level part. IT'S JUST THE STUPID SCALE. Not operator error at all. AT ALL. Couldn't possibly be. No way.

Flabazon to Glamazon
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #1326
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Thanks Angela, Googleing it now.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #1327
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I got some cheap scale at BJ's, it measures body fat and stuff but I dont know how to use that part, it seems to work fine, I will have to look at it.

That sucks about the bread, I mean for goodness sake banning them? I just published the pork rinds link, oh well I guess I will be in trouble!!!!

I didnt like the Zevia, but I am glad you do the kids like it, I am not a big soda drinker in general though I hate a lot of sodas. I like vitamin waters and they are tricky to find the ones with no carbs and those Fuze drinks some of them have hidden carbs you have to really read the label!!!!

THere is nothing worse than the scale dance!! go find one that makes you 249 dressed and buy it, LOL you will feel great then!!!!!

Amber
Old 03-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #1328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
THe Poo Fairy tricked me this morning. She was late to our morning meeting. Even still I was *12.2. Less than 2 pounds away from Virginville!!! I have decided any virgin weight on my bday is good enough! So I get to work and low and behold the Poo fairy hid in my purse!!! So I go to the private bathroom and well...so then the problem is you don't want anyone to see you coming out. there is a cute guy on the phone down the hallway. Let us hope he didn't go in there..hhahahhahaha
Old 03-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #1329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Butterflystar
Stats: 254/198/170
Start Date: Jan 2011
Thanks Angie,
I looked up the Amino up and I can buy that brand online so I might order some soon..I'm going to tell my mom about them, she does LC somewhat also and my Grandma just started it.

Thanks
Lisa
Old 03-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #1330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had this for dinner tonight:

Chicken Paprikash Recipe | Simply Recipes

FANTASTIC! It was super yummy. Love Love Love and will make it again.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:09 AM   #1331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That recipe looks yummy!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #1332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Martini, when's your birthday??
Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #1333
Major LCF Poster!

Soon...LOL WPP prevents me from saying....
Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #1334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Man, I am just a bad person thinking the worst of little kids today. My son had a basketball class for the first time, and there were about 10 kids in it-- There were only a few kids actually paying attention to the coach, my son being one of them. The rest of them were completely moronic. I can't figure out what has happened to this generation! Thier parents were sitting on the sidelines like we were, and it was pretty clear where the probem lies: in MY generation! They did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this completely disprespectful behavior, they were micromanaging their kids while the coach was trying to coach, they didn't care these kids goofed off and ran off and talked over the coach and didn't follow the most simple instructions, and they were yapping on thier phones. It just made me sad to know this is a part of our future. These kids were so spoiled and self entitiled they were just doing whatever the hell they wanted. IN A CLASS. The coach also tolerated it, maybe because they were just little kids, but COME ON! My son learned early on that when he is in a class he pays attention to the teacher, has respect and does his best at what is asked of him. It's actually unfair to him because these yahoos are disrupting everything and making it hard to pay attention. It was like they were all fed a steady diet of corn syrup and red dye #5. They were like lizards-- you know they have a brain but they have a blank look and you have no idea what's going on in their little pea heads. I felt really sorry for these guys, they have such clueless parents. They are going to have a rude awakening someday and a lifetime of psychological struggle. The micromanaging was really just awful. Shut up and let the coach coach and let the kids play!

That was probably pretty harsh. I'm not a perfect parent, but I try really really hard to be. I only have one kid, and I just can't screw him up! I want him to be a street smart, book smart and self sufficient person who knows how to care. I don't think any of those other kids will ever have a chance to be.

Thanks, I needed to get that off my chest. My son had a great time in the class, I guess that's all that really matters.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #1335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, mini-report for today:

Didn't weigh, don't care.
Walked the dog, goooood dog.
Food all low carb, but magically "forgot" I had a plan and snacked all day. Oops.
Dinner was from Carl's Jr.-- low carb 6 dollar burger and side salad, dumped on a plate with added bacon, avocado, tomato and homemade dressing. Very good! Probably full of MSG, but today I didn't care. I was too traumatized by the stupid kids and the stupider parents.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #1336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Melodybinoc
Stats: 186/182/155 5'5" with no shoes
WOE: Low Carbing Breastfeeder (40-60 carbs a day)
Start Date: 10/22/09
Hi...was just reading your journal. Nice to meet you. Your dinner sounds AMAZING! I can see that happening very soon in my future.

LOL Hey! Im a stupid parent...
Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #1337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Melody-- Nice to meet you! I hardly believe you are a stupid parent. You are still breastfeeding at 20 months! That shows some true parenting love and knowledge, that's for sure! I hated breastfeeding, it was painful for me a lot of the time-- but I was determined to do it until my son self-weened... and so I did. Thankfully, he was done at 11 months, all by his own choosing. WHEW!

My amazing dinner was fast food-- sometimes you just gotta!

Glad you're here, chime in plenty! The ladies here are so wonderful, I just love them.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:35 AM   #1338

Ang when Bobby was like 6 or 7 he did basketball and it was the exact same thing completely disorganized and moronic, he was so turned off he never wanted to do it again, I see it in Baseball too the kids are out there throwing dirt and not paying attention and the parents say nothing! It is crazy everyone thinks I am hard on Bobby but then they say how well behaved he is, no kidding!!! I want him to respect parents, teachers, coaches I dont know what people are thinking with their kids these days!

Melody- good for you, I got sick at 10 months and my milk like disappeared overnight virtually and I had to stop it was weird I wish I was now man I lost weight nursing!!!! I always say I wish I could just lactate without the baby, LOL

Ang- I ordered more aminos and they are on back order, uggghghgh I love those things and especially after the surgery I want them! The orange fish oil is the best thing I found cause of you!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #1339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angela, it's good your son has such a great example in you at a young age! It will serve him well later!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #1340
Senior LCF Member

I havent had my older son in any sports (not his thing)...but he is in band. Band parents are pretty good. Most of us just assume it sounds right and don't tend to do much more than cheer everyone on. His competitive season just ended so its all for fun now. My mom friends had nothing but drama in their sports...if it wasnt the couch it was with another parent. Blah...
Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #1341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad my son likes sports, we encourage it just to the point where he is enjoying himself and learning new things and having fun. There is no pushing, but there is also no option-- he must be doing SOMEthing, that's for sure. If he wasn't athletic, he'd be doing something else he likes instead. He does have interest in guitar, since my husband plays, so next year we'll put him in a few lessons and see what happens. He has some sort of lesson three times a week-- two 30 minute swim classes and a 1 hour basketball class at the moment. (He's also taken taekwondo, gymnastics or soccer alongside the swimming, but I think by far the basketball has him the most happy.) We are very very lucky to have an amazing Parks and Rec system here with excellent facilities and offerings and instructors. We take advantage as much as possible without burning our kid out!

I guess I'm just glad I'm an "old mom." I am so much more learned and level headed today than I was in my youth (duh) but I really believe my son will benefit from this. I can't imagine what screwed up a-holes I'd be raising right now if I had children young. SCARY! Those non-existant kids are very lucky they are non-existant. I was just awful.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #1342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
We've been going to alot of birthday parties for school friends lately and I have noticed the dumb parent behavior there as well. Last weekend I took my daughter to one party and decided to stay because the mom had a little table set up with soda and water for the moms and encouraged anyone to hang out if they wanted. If I do leave, I always make sure the party mom has my cell number. Well, this little girl who just recently enrolled in our school was dropped off crying, ended up sitting on my lap and none of us had a clue who her mom was or how to reach her! Fortunately, she was a smart little girl and was able to tell us her phone number, which I called but no one was home. How could you dump your kid at a party knowing they are crying with no way for anyone to reach you? After a while the girl felt better and started dancing and having fun but it was an upsetting situation for everyone.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #1343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That poor kid! We are birthday party regulars as well, and we've seen it all. I am so thankful that it is possible for kids to grow up to be amazing adults despite having crappy parents-- my husband is one of them. It does give me hope for the future!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #1344

Writermom- it is so wierd when I go to a post on my work computer or my home computer some things show and some dont!

Terayaki sauce- OMG I love that stuff I ordered 6 bottles it is so good on chicken, put chicken in a bag with that, some crushed garlic and fresh giner and let it sit, sometimes I drop a little rice wine vinegar in, OMG it is so good, I have that out to make for one of my meals!!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #1345
Major LCF Poster!

GLAAAMMMMISHAAAAA!!! This is one reason why I don't have kids!!!! I wonder ALL THE TIME...WHY ARE THESE PARENTS SLACKERS!!! Spend more time on the phone than with their kids and WONDER why their kids are horrible!!!! SURPRISE IT'S YOU!!! Lmaaaaooooo.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #1346
Senior LCF Member

Ahhh...how old is your son? I was a young mom (had my 13 year old at 20) and now Im a older mom (ds#2 is 20 months old) and its true...completely different raising so far and I am sure I will only see more of that in the future.

Martini...I am with you. I ALWAYS blame the parents. Mainly the mom, but the dad is a close second. I cannot tell you how many times a day I think to myself "where is your mother" or "why did your mother buy you that outfit?!"

Writermom...that is just discusting. Beyond being mean to that poor little girl its just unsafe. Thank goodness you were there to support her. Im a little overprotective, but I own up to it. LOL

Wife & Mommy of 2

My LCF Journal...please come and comment!

Each decision that we make defines what we believe we are worth...
Old 04-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #1347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good evening ladies!

I had the BEST dinner tonight! My husband BBQed two big London Broils and several shrimp kabobs-- Mom, sister and I all ate our slices piled on top of a great big salad smothered with all kinds of veggies and cheese and bacon and homemade creamy garlic dressing-- it was just super tasty and filling! Loved it! This damn diet food...

I am very protective of my son (he's 7!) and it is a constant struggle to just let him be and NOT be a helicopter parent. He is a very good listener, and (outside of school studies) we focus so much on the life skills -- cooking, cleaning, hygeine, laundry, computers, money, cars, household repairs, etc. I would just die if I raised a useless boy! It's such a fine balance to have him do these things and not think of them as chores, just as important life skills... and keep it all at a 7 year old's level so he's still just a goofy kid who likes to have fun and play, without his parents all up in his business. It's hard.

And the clothes! OMG what I see at his school boggles the mind. I'm so glad I have a boy-- he's so happy in Chucks, jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. So easy for me!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #1348
Senior LCF Member

*drools* YUM! Yeah...diet food is for the birds. LOL

It does seem like there is alot of stuff to cram in between being a kid for just 18 short years. I am glad I have boys, too. But at this point (puberty) I just want to ask these parents how I am supposed to get my son to respect your daughter for her mind when her body parts are all out on display....much less focus on his school work. Oh if only I could design a school uniform for them <3. LOL
Old 04-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #1349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I fear the teen age years that are rapidly approaching. If I think about them my head will explode and spray the room with glittery bacon bits.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:29 AM   #1350

OMG Ang, Bobby is getting pubic hairs it scares the crap out of me, he is getting older and the moody pre-tweens are coming! I agree I was 32 when I had him and it is so extra hard with one, that is all you have so you want them to be perfect in every way, I am a total hoverer, but you know it gets better, like now he is so independent and I am glad, he is so mature! Boys rock I would kill myself if I had a little Amber, LOL
Closed Thread