Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #1231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Hiya hun!

Here is a tip from a canadian regarding ice skating - make sure you get the hockey skates and not those stupid wussy white skates they give girls. Hockey ones have a TON more ankle support and you are far less likely to injure yourself than those floppy white skates of doom. I admit I was never a good skater - I could do twirls and go backwards and forwards etc like a pro. The stopping bit though - uh.. never mastered that. And apparently stopping is somewhat important. In ottawa where I lived you didn't need to stop since they have the worlds longest ice rink - aka the rideau canal. 17kms of ice threading through the city. Good winter fun.

what is pistachio lyoner?

Sardines are ok, but despite being fish in a can they taste different to oysters and other stuff. I will eat them in a pinch and they are in my tucker box survival kit, but not my first choice. Perhaps I need to get me some frenches mustard for them .

Poot is probably the better one with your noodles angela since mine have a much different texture and flavour to the ones packed in liquid. I do use them in just about anything that normally has noodles. Stir fry, asian soups, and because mine don't taste like fish or are squeaky I also use em in italian type pasta stuff - alfredo, spag bol, etc etc etc. Experiment and see how you go.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #1232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
LOL Martini, I had THE SAME JEANS! I was the roller queen of 1981, that's for sure. I even still have my gold glitter rollerskates. I can't bear to part with them! Feathered hair, rainbow shirt, funky shoe laces, Chu-Bops, Kasey Kasem Top 100, BeeGees lunchbox, Lip Smackers, Jesse's Girl, Faberge Organics Wheat Germ & Honey shampoo, 45 records, making mixed tapes off the radio and getting pissy at the DJ for talking through the whole opening of the song... wow, I feel like the 6th grade just punched me in the mouth!

<----- a few hugs for Pooti.

Laura, I did have a lovely lazy sunday wiht my family. We were hoping the Blazers would beat the Lakers, but Alas, that darn Kobe turned it on right at the end. Oh well, at least we didn't lose by much and made it really hard for them to win!

Tiggy, the skates I had were just your basic worn out brown rentals. Thankfully I'm not a germaphobe, or I would have died right there! The hockey skates do look so much better, and my son and I were jealous of the zippy little hockey boys hot dogging around the rink!

Pistachio lyoner is like bologna. With nuts. They make it there at the German deli, and it's quite good! But I'm a bologna type of girl, so I love it.

Hope you all had a nice day today-- My LC day was fine--- didn't weigh, but all LC. I'm contemplating stepping up my exercise, since this whole "dropping the carbs" thing isn't working out so well. I seem to be stuck in my happy comfortable low carb rut and I don't seem to want to change it. Well, something has to change, and I just gotta contemplate.

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 03-21-2011, 02:27 AM   #1233
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Angela, sorry about the game. I bet you we're something to see back in the day, all decked out to skate. Glad you had a good Sunday, and now have a great Monday.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #1234
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh Angela- I was the roller skating queen, now I am too scared to do it again for fear of ruining my knees that are now better, I like Tiggy said learned to ice skate in hockey skates, there was a frozen pond and we always played ice hockey on it, I was violent, I love violent sports, LOL I am so scared to try it again!

Weekend was OK but Tony and his knee was a bummer, OMG men are so whiny, its like sucks it up dude, I am up 3 pounds and I didnt even drink or cheat, WTH?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #1235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
B- Pork rind french toast pancakes with blueberries
L- 2 chicken wings with ranch dressing
S- 2 slices of cheddar, celery with onion dip
D- Corned beef, cauliflower mash
Water- 24 ounces

So, I did some more experimenting over the weekend with the pork rind pancakes. I wanted to see if I could refrigerate the batter for quick breakfasts during the week. Turns out, yes you can! The only thing is you might need to add a little water because it tends to thicken up a bit in the fridge, but the taste was the same as when I made it and ate it the same day. I am really liking these and they are so filling I don't feel like eating much for a long time afterwards. The only downside is I'm using the microwave pork rinds (Lowreys brand) and my daughter hates the smell so she walks around holding her nose and making a big diva scene over "mommy's smelly food."

Angela, I found those Carlson amino blend things at a health food store. How often do you take them? Do you only use them for cravings?

Laura
Old 03-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #1236

How do you make the pork rind pancakes? I have plain ones I find totally disgusting so it would help me use these up to try these, you guys all seem to love them! LOL
Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #1237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Pork rind pancakes?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #1238
Senior LCF Member

This is the recipe I use from Low Carb Luxury:

2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 packets of Splenda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 small microwave bag of pork rinds crushed

Combine everything except the pork rinds first. Then fold in the pork rinds and let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes. It will be gloppy and look kind of gross. It makes two large pancakes, with the entire recipe being 7 carbs. I just eat one pancake with some berries and a little sour cream on top and refrigerate the rest of the batter. I don't like maple syrup but I'm sure they would be good with SF syrup if you like that kind of thing!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #1239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds delicious! I am a huge pork rind fan!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #1240
Senior LCF Member

Amber, I think they're disgusting too, but there is no pork rind taste at all when you make the pancakes.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #1241

You think I can use regular pork rinds not the micro kind? Have you tried making the pancake and heating it up the next day? I dont like syrup either, but I got some of those walden Farms fake jelly things, I dont know what is in that stuff but it tastes like good jelly to me, LOL
Old 03-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #1242
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
You think I can use regular pork rinds not the micro kind? Have you tried making the pancake and heating it up the next day? I dont like syrup either, but I got some of those walden Farms fake jelly things, I dont know what is in that stuff but it tastes like good jelly to me, LOL
Amber, you can definitely use the regular pork rinds. I've been using the micro ones because I bought a big box from netrition for breading pork chops. My guess is you would use about a cup and a half of the regular ones. I put them in a baggie and smash them up with a beer bottle because I don't have a rolling pin.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #1243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber, it will help if you pop open the bag and walk away for a while, let them air out. once they air out they are very light and bacony smelling-- not at ALL what you get with that first big gross whiff.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #1244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angela - thanks for the flashback on all things 80's! I was a bit younger than you gals so I only caught the tail end of that era. Good times, good times!

I made those pork rind things years ago and they were pretty edible. If only pork rinds weren't $2 for a 25g bag. /sigh

So now, how do we get your brain to cooperate with that exercice thingymabob?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #1245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know, Tiggy!

Ladies, I am in a funk. I'm feeling plenty sorry for myself, but I'm not fishing for hugs or gentle pats. There's nothing wrong with me or my family, I'm just in a Low Carb Diet Funk. I know what it will take to break my stall-- but apparently I just won't do it! I'm so very comfortable with how I'm eating now-- in fact, I LOVE IT. So what's my problem? I'm still going nowhere and I don't know why. Sometimes it truly doesn't bother me and I can honestly just nevermind the stall and just keep on low carbin'. But today, not so much.

Maybe it's the old boyfriend popping back in (on facebook) that dragged me down, dredging up all the old memories of me being super bold and skinny and glamorous and full of dreams and ideals and goals (heheheheh I was 19 and so VERY full of it!) Suddenly I'm fast approaching 42 and nothing I had hoped for myself has come true. (My dear husband and son are not a part of this, they are overwhelmingly satisfying in ways I never dared to dream back then-- I'm speaking more about "me" and who I was and what I've become outside the bubble of my loved ones.) I guess it all boils down to: I'm fat and out in the big world I am no one. That sounds so stupid, I know, but it's what's bugging me today. Sorry. Maybe I just needed to barf that off my chest.

These feelings have no logic, I know. The answers I already know. I guess I'm just having trouble gathering it all up and setting it all straight. I am making the mistake (over and over) of believing I can't get started until everything is perfect and organized and I'm 'ready' to begin. (clean house, menus and grocery shopping planned, yardwork, garage filled with junk, and OH YEAH, I have a sewing business and I'm not sewing.) So, I'm not losing weight, and I'm not sewing anything. It's like I have so much to do I end up doing nothing. Then I formulate a plan I'm excited about (see exhibits a,b,c & d in this journal) and then I FAIL TO EXECUTE. I am feeling like a loser, and not in the good way, either. My family is loved and cared for, and I'm eating low carb food, but that's about it. And that is not enough. I'm not living up to who I thought I would be! I used to be Wonder Woman, and now I'm having trouble keeping up with the laundry. Is this why people drink?

I'm going to go have a cup of tea and get over myself already. People out there have real problems, for crying out loud.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #1246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think you hit that nail clearly on the head with that perfection stuff. You are expecting everything to be perfect, to be able to power through stuff like you may have been in the past. You do NOT have to be wonder woman. No one expects you to, and it seems to be overwhelming and paralysing to try. You are a wonderful, loving, caring, fantasticly talented, evervescent woman who is stuck learning the lessons of how to deal with and change a larger body.

Not to make it about me, but I can very much relate to this hun. Despite my slapdash approach to life, I to am a perfectionist who puts unrealistic goals on myself and kicks myself in the teeth when I don't measure up. I am slowly learning to tell perfection to piss off, not welcome. Try and focus on one small itty bitty thing and accomplish it, and I find it tends to build that momentum where you start to get the stuff done you want to.

Weight loss can be so emotional, when we don't meet our expectations we feel like failures and useless, despite the reality of it (greater health, fitter bodies). Society don't make this easy either, with such a stigma on overweight women. Treat yourself gently and focus on the moment you are in right now. Not what you SHOULD be or expect to be, but what you can do right now. No more big picture looking for a bit - baby step it.

You're doing awesome and we all adore you darls
Old 03-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #1247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bloody computer. disregard

Last edited by tiggy_oz; 03-22-2011 at 01:44 AM..
Old 03-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #1248
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Sorry you're feeling so blue Angela, get out of that funk and get on with the show. Try and have a good day today.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:59 AM   #1249

Angela- I know where you are coming from, I have the perfectionist attitude as well, and I am the hardest on myself when I don't meet those expectations. The thing is:

A- you are a wonderful mother
B- you are happily married, um 64% of marriages end in divorce!!! ANd lets not foget you got a hubba hubba hunky old hubby!
C- you are one smart cookie! Well read and educated!
D- you are extremely talented in your gown design that is a real skill
E- you are funny as ****,!!!!!!
F- you have a genuine love and concern for others, animals, our planet

Now if you read all that about a woman, you would want to be her friend? Hello!!!!!!!That is why we all love you, because you are perfect in our eyes, you are a true friend with real feelings for people, and honestly, all those things above to me are way important than what, being 150 pounds, and having a fancy degree or earning $100,000?

I know this diet has a way of playing with your mind and making you a headcase, like some days I want to wake up and just eat whatever the hell I want, and then other days you are so careful and you still gain, you exercise and gain, its so mentally draining.

Maybe you don't need to lose more weight, if you are healthy and happy with what you are doing, so what? Eat the way you are and be happy at your weight, good lord not many people can feel happy at their present weight.

Don't let negative self talk ruin you, you know I love ya, for so many reasons, you are an awesome woman and friend, look at yourself the way we see you!

Amber
Old 03-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #1250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angela, I can relate to where you are coming from. I think we all have dreams and goals for ourselves that never pan out and it is a loss when you realize that your dreams are never going to be. I think you do go through a mourning period of sorts. This isn't to downplay what is in your life now - not at all. You celebrate what you have now but that doesn't mean that you don't miss what could have been.

At least this is true for me. :blush:
Old 03-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #1251
Senior LCF Member

B- 1 HB egg, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice P28 bread
L- Salami and swiss rollups, celery dipped in ranch dressing
S- 1 Babybell cheese, Dessert Delights key lime pie gum
D- Crockpot chicken, roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil and garlic
Water- 24 ounces

Why can't I drink my water? I even kept in on my desk yesterday and 20 ounces of it is still sitting there. The gum was a nice treat but it was 2 carbs for a single stick and the flavor didn't last long. I'd rather have my Enchantments lemon cookie at 3 carbs that satisfies me all afternoon. Just put in an order for another box at netrition.

Angela, I totally hear you but remember that you have lost 30 pounds in 6 months. That is awesome! Hang in there and vent away all you want. We are here to listen!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #1252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awwww thanks, everyone! I know I said I wasn't looking for hugs and pats, but that felt really good anyway! You guys know how to make a girl feel good about herself again!

Nice to see your face, WriterLaura! You're beautiful!

I think one of my biggest problems, what it ALL boils down to, is that I don't "have" to do anything. I don't have a real job, and if I don't make a dress no one is gonna die from it. Because of that, everything just gets shunted further and further back until gosh, three months have passed and I haven't done a damn thing. I'm going to shut down my comuter now, and try to get myself back into a groove that makes me feel good about myself. I'll be back tonight for sure, but right now I need to JUST START WORKING.

Just like Tiggy told me-- baby steps!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #1253
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hmmmm. Maybe you just need a big ol' visit from Miss Poo Fairy?

Ok, not really. Gosh Ang I just love our friends! They give such awesome advice and are so uplifting and wonderful!!!!! girlfriend. I am sorry you've lost that loving feeling and are verklempt in the galeptigazoink. I pray it's only a mild speed bump for you missy.

There is just nothin' worse than doing all the right things and not getting the results we should expect. Nothin'! Not in dieting. Not in friendships. Not in love relationships. Not in jobs. Nada! And it just plain sux! I also think maybe the winter gloomies are visiting us all?

But I have faith in you Ang. There is nothing wrong with being "on campus" for a little bit and giving your body time to change and adjust. And let's face it missy. Even though the scale isn't moving, your BODY is changing! You are losing. I see it in your measurements!!! Seriously! So you are losing and low carb is helping that. I still think you are building lean body mass as quickly as you are shedding fat pounds. But that's just my opinion.

Please don't get down on yourself. You not accomplishing any goals you set when you were 19 is just a load of whoey and a lie by the deceiver mam! You have grown and matured. Of course your goals now are different to those of a 19 year old, inexperienced snot-nosed, punk-ass, 80s girl! You are schmarter. You are Angela 2.0. You are 21st century, experienced, bring-home-the-bacon-fry-it-up-in-a-pan kinda girl! You take awesome care of your son, your hubba hubba hubby, your mom and your friends! You are swell! Would you have all these swell friends if you weren't swell yourself? (Well you'd have me even though I'm only swell-by-association...)

But listen to me. I'm not a licensed therapist although I'm a member of several 12-step programs.

Repeat after me.

I, state your name (Angela)...

Am good enough...

I'm smart enough...

And dog-gone-it, people like me!

Now go stand and look in the mirror and repeat that 10 times today and do that every day until you pick yourself up and start doing what you love! You know you want to! Go sew!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
Old 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #1254

Angela 2.0 I like that, LOL

It is hard being at home, I remember being a stay at home mom and feeling some days like I had no purpose, oh how I want that now!!!! You will get out of this funk, and like janet says we were all filled with dreams and desire for things we wanted and wanted to achieve, but they change over time, you just need to find your groove again! I suggest a pole dance class, that will really knock you back into the reality that hello I am 40, LOL
Old 03-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #1255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
I knew you were in the dumps!!! Barely posting...all blah. It happened to me too. Such is life....But I doubt you have nothing you HAVE TO DO. You HAVE to be a Mom. Because you bought an angel to the earth that needs you. You HAVE to be a good wife because you promised him you would be until the ends of your days. You have a purpose that is beyond both of those JOBS. And you HAVE to be here because you said you would be. We need YOU. I do. You are not allowed to let yourself down. Look at the inspiration you are to your Mom and family who have jumped on the LC band wagon!! If you don't do the above so many people will suffer. And yes you also HAVE TO use the marvelous talent inside you because you are truly blessed and gifted. To waste it would be a crime against mankind. So if you think there is nothing you HAVE TO DO. Think again Missy!!! Have To = Chose To.

And you have to chose to be the best glamazon the world has ever seen!! Heck you helped me bring back my inner diva!!! Its still insde you!!! (Cause I can see it from under your bed..LOL) I have no idea why you are waiting for a certain weight to bring her on out!!! There is so much cute stuff in your size NOW. Look at our Gymbalina!!! She has lets her diva out all the time!!! Pooti dropped out of her PJS and gave Denny a peek at whats to come one day soon! So let's jump in our Big Girl Bloomers with the pokey dots and ruffles on the butt!!! And diva up soldier!!!

I need you to wear the cutest stuff in yoir size NOW. Get a new haircut! I got my dead ends clipped that I have been clinging to for months. Hit the MAC counter. You can be Glameriffic at any size. I feel better when I look better.

Last edited by Martini72; 03-22-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #1256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You ladies are just the best. I am so lucky to have you! Hugs and kisses and boobie smooshes all around!

I really really really want to stay and post, but I'm not feeling so hot. I feel a damn head cold coming on and I'm just going to go to bed. I'll be back first thing in the morning--

my mini report today:

all low carb and all okay!

My positives: YOU GUYS!!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #1257
the condiment queen

I still think it's all due to needin' a visit from the poo fairy...

Sorry you're gettin a head cold. Go feel better!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #1258
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
feel better!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:40 AM   #1259
the condiment queen

Hope you've used some of your magic elixirs and potions on your cold Glamararamaramaramarama-toots. How's the cold this morning? Feel better soon. Oh and I think I saw your groove. It was shakin's it's little thang out with Juan by our pool. (Juan returned unannounced yesterday...he's like that.)
Old 03-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #1260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angela, go get your groove back! It's by the pool having a great time!

Feel better
Closed Thread