Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Wassup ATL !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbone View Post
Hey JRod! Peeping back on ya! Look at your impressive stats! WOW! I'm about where you were... and fighting to get were you are!
Well you have to start SOMEWHERE..!! and you have been doing it....just DO your best all you can !! Its not a race....."enjoy" the foods you eat learn to love this lifestyle..
and it will come..!

Annnd I am Big Boned too....I am 6'2"...soo..I dont wanna hear (see and read) your excuses....you should do some 30 min of exercise walking 3 to 4 times a week..
the heat is easing up in ATL now....so...Hmmm...NO Excuses you CAN DO IT !!

(oh..and P.S. you can "peep in" anytime you want.!)
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
MEMPHIS, TN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Born and raised!!!! All day er'day!!! LMAO
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod View Post
Wassup ATL !!

Well you have to start SOMEWHERE..!! and you have been doing it....just DO your best all you can !! Its not a race....."enjoy" the foods you eat learn to love this lifestyle..
and it will come..!

Annnd I am Big Boned too....I am 6'2"...soo..I dont wanna hear (see and read) your excuses....you should do some 30 min of exercise walking 3 to 4 times a week..
the heat is easing up in ATL now....so...Hmmm...NO Excuses you CAN DO IT !!

(oh..and P.S. you can "peep in" anytime you want.!)
Tell her JRod!!!! LOL (instigating)
Old 09-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
CeeCee! You were born in Memphis Girl? Thats my hometown! Born and half raised then, We moved back and forth to W. Memphis, AR, across the bridge. Most my fam still there!

HEEELLLLLEEERRR!!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!!!! LOL!

i LOVE IT BUT, REALLY Don't visit that much.

Listen at JRod! He is my drill SRGNT!!!! Okay I'm getting on it! .... slowly..... I need ot find something I enjoy! I hate working out. Maybe I need to join a gym with extra $ I'll have now! Thanks to my JOB!!!! YAY!!! I got a JOB!!!! Nothing like ya OWN paycheck!!!!

I need to find a volleyball, kickball league in the area, These were my fav's growing up. Plus a lil basketball here and there, that'd be fun! Yes, I have a lil experience, more with streetball. Or maybe Tennis?

CeeCee.... ya listening... Let's find a league! For beginner's, I don't wanna be kicked of the team for missing a free throw! I haven't played sports since high school... about 2 years ago!!! LOL

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...bones-too.html
8/2010-380+ 9/4-327.2
6/1/11-374
7/15/11-355
8/25/11-339.8 8/29-334.2
1/3/12-335
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes girl I was born and raised in Memphis!!!!! Tenn-a-keyy!!!!!!! Yea I am from whitehaven. My entire family still lives there!!!! Small world.

Yea we need to find something free!!! I am broke as a joke!!! Lol
Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Roller derby???
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Shelby County ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMY!!! YOU been MIA? Not Roller Derby! I told you I can't skate! My legs do a split until I fall over and crawl off the floor! My feet need to be on ground surface, I'm the clumsy type!

Back at 333 this morn! I'm tired of the 30's! Gotta go, gotta go, gotta get out of the 30's! I want my siggy back! NOW!

Lord bless my footsteps today! Wet and rainy here, just witnessed a car wreck, right beside me on way from dropping kids off, they were all okay, but car's wasn't.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Tell her JRod!!!! LOL (instigating)
Hahaa... there she goes.. Cassidy the Instigator !!! Good....well we all need as much inspiration as possible !!! So.... I am sure if you instigate her....she "wont mind" !!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:56 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Listen at JRod! He is my drill SRGNT!!!!
Okay I'm getting on it! .... slowly..... I need ot find something I enjoy! I hate working out.
Well you can just slowly work into it.. just put your shoes on and go for a 20 min walk....1 day. Then 2 days later.... do another 20 min... then every 2 days keep on doing it. !!

Quote:
I need to find a volleyball, kickball league in the area, These were my fav's growing up. Plus a lil basketball here and there, that'd be fun! Yes, I have a lil experience, more with streetball. Or maybe Tennis?
Well anything you do will help just dont OVER DO it at the beginning..
just pace yourself...!!!
Have a great day !!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Fine, BB, if you won't join roller derby, just be that way. But next time I come down to Hotlanta I am going to take my brother to a bout and you should come too! Good times, good times.

Eating is going well. I lost FOUR pounds the morning after derby practice, but I know that was a lot of water loss. Got 1.5 of them back this morning. , but that still makes me down two for the week so far and the official count is on Monday. I think this makes me fo sho out of the 240's!!

Hope you all have a fab-o day!

Last edited by AmyP; 09-22-2011 at 06:27 AM..
Old 09-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Fine, BB, if you won't join roller derby, just be that way. But next time I come down to Hotlanta I am going to take my brother to a bout and you should come too! Good times, good times.

Eating is going well. I lost FOUR pounds the morning after derby practice, but I know that was a lot of water loss. Got 1.5 of them back this morning. , but that still makes me down two for the week so far and the official count is on Monday. I think this makes me fo sho out of the 240's!!

Hope you all have a fab-o day!
Awesome..!! Roller derby is great...I go to the bouts here Houston at the South Side roller drderby.. you Girls are crazzzy.!! And I know that is a work out....plus they practice like 2 times a week. Congrats on ur loss Amy...keep it up...and be safe..! Haha
Old 09-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

JRod - yep, we practice twice a week (two hours at a time) and I work out pretty hard on my own outside of practice. It has been probably my main reason for wanting to lose weight, I need to be strong and fit to do my sport. And it is much easier to haul 200lbs off the ground than 280! Your weigh loss sure is inspiring! Makes me think that it really is possible....
Old 09-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea JRod I am an instigator for sure... I know BB don't mind!!!! LOL

Yea I am making it a goal of mine today to get out and walk and if its raining walk away the pounds on OnDemand... Gotta get moving.

Roller Derby sounds fun... I can skate but I am clumsy!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

CeeCee - I was horrible when I started! I am 37 and last time I was on skates before derby was probably in elementary school!! Good for you for getting moving. Makes you feel better about yourself (but is horrible when actually doing it...I can't WAIT for my workouts to END).
Old 09-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Find something that will be motivating for you to do. If you prefer outside walking as apposed to walking on a tread then do it. If you like to dance, then dance yo a$$ off as hard as you can for 20 minutes and go from there. Anything! If it's not something you would normally like to do you won't stick to it I don't think. At least, that is my issue. *rollseyes* I enjoy walking outside so that's what I chose, but I'll tell ya, having the goal of walking/jogging this half-marathon next July has TRULY been my biggest motivator to get me out on the road every day. I am SO excited to see how well I can do this!! Plan for something in the coming months and work to get there. You CAN do this lady and we're all standing here with you, you are NOT alone!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
JRod - yep, we practice twice a week (two hours at a time) and I work out pretty hard on my own outside of practice. It has been probably my main reason for wanting to lose weight, I need to be strong and fit to do my sport. And it is much easier to haul 200lbs off the ground than 280! Your weigh loss sure is inspiring! Makes me think that it really is possible....
IT IS POSSIBLE....One day at a time...one meal at a time ( planning your meals is KEY ) water water water is crucial....replenish yourself..
(espicially you with all the workouts you are doing !! )

Your rollerskating and workouts you are "moving" and building muscle at
the same time ....SO keep on the path....eat the RIGHT low carbs...

A lot of people think you "can" eat fatty low carb food...(which is true
to a certain extent) but....if there is a place you know you can cut
back on fatty things like pork rinds...or fatty beef ( lay off the fried
low carb snacks and replace a lot of the fatty beef with ground turkey..
cut back on the sausage (or use a turkey sausage/bacon )
That is LESS fat your body has to process and your body will
be able to process the fat loss "faster".... So yes...it is possible...
and you are doing great !
Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Yea I am making it a goal of mine today to get out and walk and if its raining walk away the pounds on OnDemand... Gotta get moving.

Cassidy....GOOD PLAN....it ALL starts with putting your shoes on...
and walking out the door... wear a watch...and just go until you hit 10 min..turn around...and come back.. DO that 3 -4 times in one week..
Next week....do it again 30 min....and do it a little faster....
Next thing you know after a while....you will be doing a Walk/jog
routine....Jussst keep on it....it is 30 min out of a 24 hour days...
Do it and promise yourself you will do it !!

Jarrod
Old 09-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

When I "refocused" a few weeks ago I started using ***********.com to track calories...it seems to be working so far. I eat the majority of my calories from fat (they do a neat percentage thingie) and I know if I want more volume of food that I will have to reduce the fat somewhat. But as long as the weight keeps coming off, I'm content with my menus.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Find something that will be motivating for you to do. If you prefer outside walking as apposed to walking on a tread then do it. If you like to dance, then dance yo a$$ off as hard as you can for 20 minutes and go from there. Anything! If it's not something you would normally like to do you won't stick to it I don't think. At least, that is my issue. *rollseyes* I enjoy walking outside so that's what I chose, but I'll tell ya, having the goal of walking/jogging this half-marathon next July has TRULY been my biggest motivator to get me out on the road every day. I am SO excited to see how well I can do this!! Plan for something in the coming months and work to get there. You CAN do this lady and we're all standing here with you, you are NOT alone!
I Soooo agree with Danielle !! All you have to do is START...and keep on going... YOU will take yourself there...one day at a time...

Dani(elle) you can SOOOO do the Half marathon...!!
keep up the walk/jogging.... little at a time... jog a while...then take a break..and walk...then jog some more...and walk... the more you do the
more you will see you are JOGGING more than you are walking....and
wow...then after a while.....you WILL like it...it wont be a chore..
it will be a goal....a time..or a distance.. ( Jussst make sure you have some
"good" shoes !! No injuries !!

Jarrod
Old 09-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

"walk awat pounds" OnDemand??? hmmm I didnt know there was such a thing..??
Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
"walk awat pounds" OnDemand??? hmmm I didnt know there was such a thing..??
Yea along with Jillian's 30 day Shred. It's all on there. Thats what I am doing today since it's raining
Old 09-23-2011, 06:31 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yea along with Jillian's 30 day Shred. It's all on there. Thats what I am doing today since it's raining
Awesome.!! Thanks Cassidy..I didn't know that thanks..! I do the P90x (parts of it) but I do the yoga cd and it is challenging.!!

Keshia...where you at girl..? Don't be hiding...haha...

Ya'll have a great day...!

Jarrod
Old 09-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Awesome.!! Thanks Cassidy..I didn't know that thanks..! I do the P90x (parts of it) but I do the yoga cd and it is challenging.!!

Keshia...where you at girl..? Don't be hiding...haha...

Ya'll have a great day...!

Jarrod
Get her JRod!!!! She up hiding from us!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Jarrod, thanks for the support! I am really excited about the idea of jogging. I haven't done it in forever and the thought of being able to do something that "normal" people do is exciting. Starting c25k Sunday and will go from there. Looking at new shoes this weekend, I don't think I need them yet but soon!

K, where ya at girl! Don'tchu be hiding from us lady. Hope to see your beautiful face here today!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I know if I want more volume of food that I will have to reduce the fat somewhat. But as long as the weight keeps coming off, I'm content with my menus.

Well that is great !! Volume and calories can be worked off with how
you work out girl !! So... I wouldnt worry too much about the calories
per se' cutting back on some of the fatty lc foods will help... im just sayin..
Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Started working yesterday!!! Whew I love my tired feet! Oh the busy streets! I was stuck in ATL horrible traffic yesterday, and I didn't mind at ALL!!!!

Thanks for the heads up >>>>CeeCee<<<<

Have to work tonight!!!! YAY!!! So I was resting Jrod.

Amy we'll take those lbs coming off however they may! Your rolling those lbs OFF Sista! I woul love to go see a derby show! OMG, I love to watch it, just won't join. The last time you came this way was like Oct, 2010 wasn't? Hope to u soon!

Yeah I keep talking about something I like to do in the exercise dept. I was a "baller" or sum' like that! Good idea's Danielle and JRod.

I actually walked like a crazy lady yesterday.! About 30mins. My back and feet feel it, but I truly enjoyed it, when it was over! Have a good day YAllz!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

I had a late late late lunch yesterday, and I will have to do some adjusting my meals. Quiznos has a Yummy Cobb salad! I ate dinner at 11pm last night! I het eating that late, but it will have to do!

I'm here D!

Do yall think eating late is that bad with this woe? I was down 1lb this morning, when I awoke. I "think" this woe gives a little wiggle room in that aspect!!! IDK. What yall think?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot we had a working girl on our hands!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!

Well, I don't eat late so I can't really speak on it but I would say if it's something light I wouldn't see a problem.... Def nothing heavy. Then by you working in the evenings you may want to adjust your schedule... Work at night, sleep when you get home, then weigh when you get up. What about that... that way you are still giving your body rest to burn that food while you sleep. AND PLENTY OF H2O!!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Well it def wasn't light, I had steak w/ sauteed onions and bell peppers @ 11p, didn't get to bed til 1:30p. I will have to find a happy median. My schedule tinight is 7p-2a. I don't want to sit there with the customers eating, you know. Look like I'll need to pack snacks and eat before I leave, hopefully I'll be to exhausted to munch once I get home. We shall see!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

I try to skip the eating later at night. I was getting into the habit of having almost a full second dinner! Bad news... You may have to wait and see how hungry you are the next day also..if you are starving it may be that you need something before you go to bed.

Congrats on the JOB!! I will never live in ATL just because of that crazy stupid traffic. If I do live there I will have to live right downtown like my bro and never drive anywhere! My aunt lives in Cumming and hates driving into town. I hope to be back down there again soon. Just need to decide who gets the other plane ticket, the husband or the kid.

I hate exercise most of the time when I am doing it also. But benefits are worth it and sometimes there is a little glimmer of "this may be okay..."