Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MamaAngie
Stats: Angie 265.0/188.8/165.0
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 05/18/11
Now I know why you disappeared from our thread ... so here you are ... I found you too

Your blog looks like a thread, almost everybody is posting in here too hmmm ...
I also got some headaches when I stopped eating the refined carbs. I was a mess when that happened ... my mind did NOT want the bad foods, but my body was craving them ... almost like they say: The spirit is willing but the flash is weak.

It took me 8 months to get clean ... I lost 7 lbs on our first week, but then I ate that chicken tostada at pollo locco and I stepped on the scale the next day and my weight went back up to 237. I was only 3 pounds from being back to 240, the weight I started our thread. I was so ashamed :blush:

I'm just saying this because nothing tastes better than skinny feels. I was down to 178 last December. I was so close to my goal weight of 165 (only 13 lbs away). But now I reset a lower goal of 140 lbs. Maybe, I'll change that once I get there. Everybody says I'll look great at 150, 160. But we'll see that when I get there again.

I'm just saying all this to you, because I'm very proud of you for staying clean for so many days. We all know how hard it is to resist the wrong foods ... but we get to choose what is right for us, right!?! I always say, go away temptation ...

Keep up the great job, you're doing great and I know the scale will show your progress tomorrow. Reality check is hard, but it shocks us into taking action towards the right path and change what is not working for us.

Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow morning!
265/188.8/165
"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"!
What you are, is God's gift to you! What you make of yourself, is your gift to God!
Remember: "Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard."
MamaAngie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2010, 05:24 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
FULL CIRCLE

That's still winding....

I feel my life has come full circle, and yet there's so much more in between that has yet to be completed. Picture the spiral circle, although its closed in, it still is in motion, learning, growing with much more to capture. I feel so blessed every single day. My life is so far from perfect but it is perfect for me.

God has blessed me with my children, my DH, my health and strength to get up and see the sun rise just one more day. So many people didnt wake up this morning, or get to lay in thier bed last night. God's grace be with them. And thank you Dear Father for this day. Help me to be a better person in all aspects of my life. To those I know and love please wrap them in your bossom. To those I dont know or have never met, hold them in your love.

I woke early this morning feeling greatful, not that I don't every morning but it feels deeper this moring. Life is so precious here today, gone tomorrow. I want to live while im here, if you don't mind I love life, and once I conquer my will power (food) Im sure to enjoy it so much better.
Im feeling so much better since really commiting myself to do this!

I was planning on good ole homemade pancakes this wknd. My DH makes the best! But before I could finish planning the meal in my head, I was rudely :blush: interrupted by my shrinking waist! Saying "OH NO U NOT" so NO pancakes with flour anyway.

19 Days ON PLAN... Do Not wanna tarnish that. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Why deam that light so soon into the game?

I plan to explore some great recipe's on this site, but for now I just wanna keep my menu simple and secure. Once Im good with that I'll feel better about venturing out into wwiiiillllddd world of delicious LC'ing.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...bones-too.html
8/2010-380+ 9/4-327.2
6/1/11-374
7/15/11-355
8/25/11-339.8 8/29-334.2
1/3/12-335
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Yeah Angie that proves that refined carbs and certain foods are addictive when you get a headache from not eating them! I get a headache like that when I don't drink coffee. You do go through withdrawel when you don't eat processed foods, your body gets addicted to the stuff!

And good job Kiehea with saying no to the pancakes!
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Yes the first 2-3 days I had what is called the Atkins Flu! Headaches were almost crippling, but after a few tylenol and no cheating, Im great!

Ang its really hard to go through but the reward is worth it.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rsmorales
Stats: 5'1'' 158
WOE: LCHF/Atkins/Primal
Start Date: November 26, 2013
Hang in there, girl. There are NOTHING but rewards if you stick to this!!!
rsmorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

After a weekend of off plan eating and drinking I must get back on plan and stay! It was awful of me and a lil tummy ache to follow

Im regrouping!! Darn Me!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkInNy JeAnS
Stats: 01.8/95.6/30
WOE: as lc as i can keep it
Start Date: march 2012
Hey
i read your blog and i will be following you for sure! i went through some of the same things with you, and i need alot of support! I just had a baby weeks ago and im SOOOO ready to be thick in a good way again....
thanks for opening up!
SkInNy JeAnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:29 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

In Hiding....

So I slipped up this past Labor Day wknd I know it was wrong but after a few (3) beers with DH I just went plum stupid with the carbs! For what its worth I felt so guilty while eating the pasta, potatoes, carrots smothered in herbs and spices. OOwww MY!

But Ive been on plan all week now Praise God and hoping for some good #'s this wknd. Im back in ketosis and feel pretty good.

skinnyjeans u can do it girl!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Just need to Vent...

Earlier I joked about finding a big girl bike. I actually did do a internet search and would be interested in one eventually, then I realized I dont even remember how to ride a bike. Its been over 20y since I been on a bike. That really makes me sad when I sit here and think about it. It makes me really sad to think of all the other things I can't or havent been able to do. I all of a sudden feel so limited and constrained. For so many years this has been so "normal" for me. coming from a family of obeseness for lack of a better word. All this flubber I been carrying with me for 95% of my life has become part of me. Unfortunately its become my best friend.

This is not funny, this is so wrong and unhealthy in so many ways. How can I completely and forever get inside myself and change my thoughts. I dont know were or how to start, so Im just gonna free fall into this lifestyle, and pray I land feet first into a nice snug pair of jeans. AAhhh Jeans, I can't remember the last time I wore jean's. Oh I just feel my throat tightening up I have'nt wore jean's in let's say 15y if im not counting the spandex kind, that dare not have darn buttons and zipper's. Elastic and stretch has been the story of my life! If I can but me a pair of jean's dear Lord that would be so nice. I don't ask for much but if you don't mind helping me Lord to feel like a regular girl. That would be so nice.

It's much harder than I thought trying to really, I mean really change your whole way of thinking. Not to mention living in a society that pushes all the wrong way's to get healthy in the first place. So all those few days in the past when I started and failed miserably, was doomed to happen anyway from all the misinfo being shoved down my throat. I mean How can a 300+ lb person stick to a low fat diet, feeling deprived and hungry eating carrots and a piece of chicken? It's so hard. But even though I fall off plan once since the start, I must remember to just keep going. I have to do this for the rest of my fat family. I need to do this... I have to do this... for me, for them, for us.

My sis came to visit this past wknd, and we teared up a bit. She told me about her horrific day at six flags. Her skinny bf kept pushing her to get on the ride's, and as me and her both know, ther's places we go for the kids ONLY. This happens to be one, not for us but the kids. She finally grew tired of him asking and her explaining "I won't fit ok." Seh said so "I took my fat but to the front and in front of all the world the man announced, It won't close ma'am." She wasn't even horrified, just sad. This is "normal" to us. It's just places you don't go and things you don't do at our size. Like the dreaded restaraunt booth. The things I can't do makes me so sad.

We eat for comfort, my sis's and I. We always have. Its been our protection in our own theraputic way. Its how we dealt with abuse I hate discussing that. but it's the truth. Now we must overcome this... together. Someone out of all of us has to start. Oh Dear Lord, they alway's said I was the strong one. Is it gonna be me Father? If so can you stay with me on this? Guide my footstep's daily. Catch when/if I fall? Help me to help them, help me to help me? I'll take the first step and the second and I just need strength!:a prayer:
Old 09-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb

I so understand where you are speaking from. There is temptation all around and there always will be. But I know that you (and me) can do this. I think of all the years in my life and that I will be taking the next two years to get where I want to be weight-wise. Two years. It seems forever, but then I look back at the last two years and they FLEW by, and each one made me fatter than the one before.

I am making myself a list this afternoon of all the reasons I want to lose weight and I am putting it in my pocket. I will read it every morning and when I need to get a reality check because of temptation. Roller coasters, jeans NOT from Lane Bryant, and bike rides with my kids will be on that list...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aaaww Kishea you can do it, you will get there! You will break the cycle in your family and your kids will not go down the same road.

And Yes Amy each person has to find that will to do it for the right reasons and not for anyone else but for yourself. That's what fuels the strength.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Keshia, we'll do it together, I promise you!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Where you at?
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

HeY my friends, try to stay busy this wknd, plus my kids are like my shadow on the wknd's. They are everywhere I am, no mommy time.

I'm down to 363lb,so happy and proud! Did mostly protein, but wasnt that hungry. Threw in a few veggies for good measure. I picked up some Atkins shakes at groc yesterday for meal replacement when Im not hungry. Im kinda afraid, hear peepsay it stalls them and whatever. But to each his own. Ima try it and see what the scale says next wknd.

I try not to get cuaght upon the hype, but on theother hand some peep has been maintaining for years, I think they know of what they say. LOL!

So thank the LORD for those 4lbs this week even while TOM is here!, Adois theyre never welcomed around here again! *thinking* there should be a fat police we could call to evict unwanted fat cell's!!! OOHHH that'd be so nice! If I ever binge on doughnuts or sum n,I could call the police and wrangler them out. HHMMMmmm I should write to congress.

Anywhoooo. I am feeling ok today, funny how weight loss is like therapy. So uplifting, and good to get u feeling powerful again.

Thanks MY Sista's, yall are all that and a bag lc chips, with sum choc bark on the side!

Last edited by bigbone; 09-12-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Old 09-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 235/221/172
WOE: Back to Atkins
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
How are you doing, K?
clutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Sickness... everytime I stray from this woe I am literally sick to the stomach. I dont know if its mental cuz I feel pretty bad emotionally also.

Last week was great I lost 9lbs! Maybe its self sabotage IDK. But Fri. I slipped right after those great losses on the scale. But Im not giving up! No way no how. This is a lifestyle change and Im sure there will be fall's off the wagon. I will manage to stand each time I fall.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's right Kishia even though you may fall as everyone does from time to time as long as you get right back up, there's no stopping you!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Back on the wagon slowly but surely. Im feeling better this morning, except my back. Is amazing how my old aches and pains come raging back when Im not eating right. Now it'll probaly be the rest of the week b4 Im good. This ought to be a good lesson to learn from, but knowing me, it will take a few more times.

Weigh in is Friday, im hoping to at least not have a gain. Last Friday I was in shock to c that Id lost 9lbs in 1 day! I got on the scale at least 6 times, each time said the same -9lbs WHOA! I was eating real strict last week, even timing my meals as bodybuilders do. But I was floored with such great losses. Well I hope to say the same or for goodness sake no gain. But would a loss be to much to ask? Ok I weigh ONLY once a week on Friday morning. We shall see then
Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Down 25lbs since starting 8/16. I'll take that and claim it! I must admit it's been hard lately. These darn wknds come every week like clockwork... they come and throw a monkey wrench into my perfectly on plan weekday's. The kids are here and Im in the kitchen making Yummies. Supposedly for them, but HUummpphh... my measely handsss....

Let's not count out the weekends here in Atlanta. Oh boy u dont have to go far to find excitement. Festival's, parties, get-together's are everywhere. My neighbor's even thought of thier on last wknd. It was called "Goodbye Summer" party. It just happened to be right in front of my building. And I just so happened NOT to be brave enough to resist it.

It's not the food... it's me and my weakness for "those" food's thats the prob. Oh and the mixed drinks galore, I love em.. I even took my own sprite 0 to mix my own. After a few of those... a beer... then another. Ok I must get hold of this. Its happened every other wknd so far, my weakness.

This is a trial and error situation... thats what Im telling myself. Ive been overweight for 35 yrs. It will take some bumps and bruises to get to the finish line. But by all that is vested in me... I WILL get to the finish line, and get these humps of blubber OFF! Oh Im doing this, u better believe it!

Next week I plan to be in the 340's by any means necessary! That's 5lbs Im claiming it, owning it, putting it in my pocket! So fat cells CYA!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 235/221/172
WOE: Back to Atkins
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
You're doing great. Those bumps and bruises are all part of the learning experience. You and I are not those people who can say they haven't eaten one bite off plan in 3 years or whatever, but that doesn't mean we can't get to the same place as those people. We just have to jump right back in and learn from the experience. I've found that I need to eat a BIG, satisfying LC meal before a party or event where there will be lots of tempting treats around. Then I'm so full that nothing even sounds that good. It works for me. I also tend to limit my sweets overall, even LC, and then a diet soda is a special treat for those times when I'm out and want to feel like I'm having something different and exciting.

Hang in there.....you're doing well.

What you do every day is more important than what you do once in a while.
~Gretchen Rubin

Aiming for the 170's. Journaling about it here.

clutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbug View Post
You're doing great. Those bumps and bruises are all part of the learning experience. You and I are not those people who can say they haven't eaten one bite off plan in 3 years or whatever, but that doesn't mean we can't get to the same place as those people. We just have to jump right back in and learn from the experience. I've found that I need to eat a BIG, satisfying LC meal before a party or event where there will be lots of tempting treats around. Then I'm so full that nothing even sounds that good. It works for me. I also tend to limit my sweets overall, even LC, and then a diet soda is a special treat for those times when I'm out and want to feel like I'm having something different and exciting.

Hang in there.....you're doing well.

Thanks Clutterbug... No Im not one of those, who can say 1,897 days cheat free. I'm working on have'n those day's better and longer spaced out! Good Luck 2 U!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

6 WEEK ROUND-UP

6 WKS AND iM STILL IN THIS!!

IM HAPPY AND EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!! Im feeling my body change and it's quite remarkable! Im an habitual holder of none fitting clothes, so I'm not buying anything! I will wear this clothes til they literally fall off (which happened this morning while holding my coffee cup and my 2 yr old at the same time). TO FUNNY! Those pant's have alway's been a bit baggy, but snug enough around the tummy to hold up! Sooo I'm excited about my pant's on the ground!

Anywhoooo... In Later New's..... I'm still at 355 this morning no gain- no loss. I'm aiming for some sorta loss by Friday. I won't weigh again until then. My girl's at the Weight Loss Sista's Thread and I weigh in on Friday's, I won't a loss.

I'm determined to JUST DO THIS!!! I WILL.... 55lbs gone ny the New Year. 100lbs gone by JUly 2011! LET'S DO THIS!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

ACTUALLY 5 WKS DOWN... STARTING MY 6TH WEEK THIS WEEK...

1 MILLION WKS TO GO......

ON-PLAN THOUGH THE SCALES NOT MOVING. I know Im OP so Im not to worried. My body feels good and light--er. I feel my back and side *jelly rolls* shrinking everyday. My thigh's and butt are slowly but surely on thier way OUT!!

Havent urmmm.. went Yet this week. Hoping for the Whoosh Lady, she seem's to get stuck in traffic alot lately. Im sending her a ticket to catch the red eye next time. Hope to see u Friday morning Ms. Whoosh. Weigh in Day!

Protein and fat has been my menu lately with trace amounts of veggies. Onion's in my burger's and spinach in my ground turkey hash. Not purposely all the time, but bcuz my fav *veggies* are very starchy. So No on that!

Everyday Im feeling more and more confident and comfortable with this woe. Straightening out the kinks of my own misstep's.

The meat on deez bones... are on the verge of an EVICTION!!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Settling in...

Kicking and a screaming I go, but I'm conforming to this real reality.

Yes... stil *morbidly obese* as known by my social, politcally correct brotheren. I know it's ridiculouse being this weight. I just refuse to put a name on it, until I'm far from it. I must remove myself from my destructive behavior in order to acknowledge it. Or so I tell myself.

I've been lugging, tote'n, dragging, carrying this weight around with me so long, it almost feel normal. It's all I know at least. This body carries this excessive amount of weight so well and so long... No one ever would have guessed I weigh this much. Up until I married and had kid's, my weight was well distributed over my 5'6" 1/2 body.

I'm solid, soft, not flabby obese. No stretch mark's and very little cellulite. When I was weighed at my new Dr.'s office, he was taken a back a bit. I would say I'm shaped like a BIG 2 ltr coke bottle (the new curvy one's) LOL!!!

Up until I started having children though, I had no medical condition's. Now... after trial's, tribulation's, 4 kid's, stress, etc etc... I'm plagued with some serious stuff. Hypertention, Gestational Diabetes, Depression have all made a home within my body. I won't take any as the end all of an answer. I WILL turn all of this around, for the better.

35yrs down... 36 as of Nov, 12. I have 50+ good year's left in me. I ain't going down or giving up without a fight!! Fabulous Forty will definitely find me in a better, happier, healthier place in my life. And I'm an extremist...all or nothing type a chick!!! I'm either all the way, one way or another. I'm claiming good health, for the rest of my life! Not claiming perfection, that I'll never ever be. But I'm striving and thriving for my own personal best, in all aspect's of my life. I can't expext to brand new overnight, but I can promise myself to put up my very best effort. One foot, one week, month, day, year, minute, second, at a time.

P.H.A.T friends getting thin...

As of today, I'm down a total of 28lbs that's with 90% commitment. 10% sabotage and congradulatories (sp) to and for myself! Plus knowing that the bigger they are, the harder/faster they fall. The lbs in my case.

I'm commited... I'm in... All or nothing... Both feet in... One toe out, but hey! Baby step's. I need this journal to look back on and reference myself. To see what I was or weren't doing, and to see were my head was at.

NoBody said the road would be easy! It's hard as heck, matter of fact! Yet it's my own beginning... to a never ending. My walk with likeminded people, some have slain... some still in progress of slaying thier *beast*. I'm just honored to be amongst the real, authentic pure brave soilder's in their on right. Self dicipline and self worth and acceptance and self love is a mighty ferocious dragon to conquer...

I'm on the path of the mighty... I walk in the shadow's of the previously doubted. Those whom have stood, proclaimed, and mantained their own critized lifestyle. I'm accustomed, use to, and quite comfortable being amongst the road less traveled. That's were I belong... My place in life fit's here well.

Oh journal, how I lean on you ever so heavy. You understand, you just listen and appreciate my every word. Plus you don't talk back or judge. This is such an empowering place to be. Inspiring, empowering, informative, knowledgable, etc. etc, In all it's glory! I LCF!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Very good and thoughtful and truthfdul post Keshia!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Hey LK and Amy!! Thank's for coming by my way!!

Well 6wks down now! We r all doing AWESOME!!!

As of 10/04/10 I am down to 349lbs.

Happy is one of the word's I'm feeling!!! I feel great! My goal's are coming to frutation! My wknd consisted of mostly mozzarella block cheese and chicken! Oh Yeah and broccoli. The cheese was my splurge, it was so gooooddd!!

Weigh in Friday with my girl's! Let's see some good number's!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah you're doing good Keshia!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Hey Keshia, great posting in here!!!

But we miss you!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Oh Lord Help ME! Jesus Wept... because we are all so blindly walking, by choice.

Holiday disaster took over me, Please give me strength Lord! How much longer can I suffocate this body of mine? I wish not to see that day. I need you Lord. Here I go... Again!