Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
LOL! You ladies are gonna have a good Thanksgiving meal! The turkey sounds good and the deserts sound good but scary! I never liked greens so those I'll pass on.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
WAIT I MISSED THIS!! I LURVE CHITTLIN"S !!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFL!!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Have a great weekend Keshia !!! Stay strong girl !!
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Hey All! Check'n in and check'n out! OP eerrrrthang going good! Hang in there! We ARE Doing IT! Have A Great Wknd!!!! ON PLAN
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Have a great weekend Keshia!! Dont work too hard.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

The wknd was good... not to bad... okay, So Saturday the fam went out thrift shopping and to lunch. DH went up to order our food, I was starving! I specifically told him NO Breaded wings, that was fine... I didn't say No Sauce, I assumed he knew that by now! We get in the car, I'm digging for something to put in my mouth... AND it had BBQ sauce in it. So, I ate 6 small malnutrusioned wings with bbq sauce, so I grabbed about 10 of his fries and well... what the heck!

The most amazing thing was... I did not turn that one mishap into a whole day or many days of bingeing! That in itself is a HUGE feat! Actually, I lowered my cals for rest of day and went back strict next meal. I'm proud as H**L! I've never not binged after a slip! One small step for mankind... One Huge boost of satisfaction toward my goals!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't weighed since Last Monday, I can't see that scale move in the wrong direction. I'm waiting till next Monday. Scale better be nice, even 1-2lbs less than my last weigh would be suffice. But, of course, hoping for more than that.

After tonight, I will have an off day. Been on schedule 8 days straight. I'm not complaining... Mo money... mo money... mo money!!!! Anywho... I'm getting skewrd... Halloween... What I'm I to do about my Egg Nog and Brandy drink, I usually drink ALL through the holidays... Uurrgghh, That's def a recipe that I must look into somewhere.!!!!

What will the day bring?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...bones-too.html
8/2010-380+ 9/4-327.2
6/1/11-374
7/15/11-355
8/25/11-339.8 8/29-334.2
1/3/12-335
Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Wahoo for YOU!

I KNOW that you just had a huge break through because it is something that I am working on and have not quite been totally successful! So pat yourself on the back, woman!!

I bet you could find a good low carb egg nog recipe somewhere on here. And it would be good cause there will be cream and egg involved. And brandy is NO CARB just like my vodka! It will be super high calorie, tho... yum.

My weekend was not so great, but the damage is coming off already. No sweets, lc or otherwise, pass these lips for a while...
Old 10-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

This looks yum! I'd use almond milk to keep the carbs low...

Low-Carb Egg Nog Recipes - How to Make Low-Carb Sugar-Free Egg Nog
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Such a huge breakthrough huh? Believe me, I sat and thought about all the stuff I may as well eat now! Even at work that night, I'm thinking what I can just o ahead and eat for lunch!

I am SO happy I decided against it!!!

Glad the damage is coming off Amy!!! I tell ya! As long as we eat right 90% of the time, preferrably 99%, we will make our goals!

I LOVE that recipe! Thats what I'll be drinking starting Halloween night! Sitting on my porch... with the candy bowl on the other side of the porch... so the kids can grab a few and not me! sip sip sipping on me some spiked egg nog! Its On! Thanks for the recipe!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

It was a huge breakthrough because in the past you always just said screw it and ate! Doesn't matter one bit that you thought about eating off plan...you didn't! It means that you are starting to take control...
Old 10-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woot Woot!! That egg nog recipe does look good!!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
EGG NOOOOOGGGG!!!! LOVE IT!!!
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oooooh I used to love eggnog!!! I still do but I won't drink it too many calories.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Keshia!!! Have a great day!!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Proud of ya girly. Progress not perfection, remember that! And you, my dear, are making huge progress. Life's gotta happen, and sometimes it comes with bbq sauce on it, so what, right? 10 min. outta your life, over 'n' done with and you move forward. You did it!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Hey my Fav Butt Blasting Buddies!

I literally slept the day away when I finally sat down yesterday. I feel rested and ready to go!

Sooo, I'm getting excited about my birthday. I want to have a girls night out and just go out dancing! I have my goal I'm hoping to reach, so that has given me a bit more motivation. I'm gonna find me sum hot and sexy to wear! !!!

Can't wait!!!! I need some ME time, darn it!!!! What is that... really?

I hear it all the time but, never known of such a thing myself!!!

I joined Dr. Oz transfermation nation, but my sis told me I'd have to weign in at a WW centers. So I guess it didn't count. I joined the day after he announced it, 2 wks ago.

Yall, I'm gonna be so upset, when I get on the scale and it ain't good. I messed up with the BBQ thang but, I'm not feeling like being disappointed! 16lbs in about 28-29 days? I'm about to kick this ish in gear!!!

In further News... One of my upper arms are losing more weight than the other one. And one boob too! I don't appreciate that one bit. You can't tell by looking, but I can tell darn it! And the sag from the upper thigh area is tightening up Thats good. Looked like I was holding oranges in my lap before. I think thats were the stall comes into play. The body doing its duty, trying to catch up to the loss. Amazing!!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

You crack me the heck UP! Have you weighed lately? You probably didn't eat enought BBQ sauce to really have that much impact. I am making ribs this weekend and will be eating regular BBQ sauce with them, but trying to keep the amount small. I cannot find sugar free sauce in any stores around here and I am WAY too cheap to pay shipping for BBQ sauce!

Hope your boobs and arms lose even or you will look like a walking before and after picture...skinny on one side, fat on the other! HAHAHA!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Hooray for sleep!!

I saw the episode of Dr. Oz where he started the transformation nation thing. I do WW but online, and frankly, the idea of having to go back to a center to *weigh in formally* is traumatizing. I tried meetings a long long time ago and I think I went to maybe 4 total because I absolutely hated the people that went! They were all skinny! WTH!

When I've lost in the past I've always lost unevenly too. Dunno why that happens but it does eventually even out thank goodness.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

AMY!!! I'm crying laughing right now!!! Seriously!! I look at my arms and shake em' I'm like, Whyyyyyy!!! LOL! D, I'm really hoping they match eventually. I may need to Lipo one and put fat in the other!!! Nice!

Not much BBq sauce, it was 6 very small wings, but I sapped em' up with the fries (not many). You are brave to eat BBQ sauce. Can you make your own sauce?

I don't wanna go to WW, just to weigh in. Guess I won't win that Million dollars.

Last edited by bigbone; 10-13-2011 at 07:42 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 03:50 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Keshia...!! Wassssup Girl !!
I see you are doing well..and shrinking...un-proportionately !! haha
Its all ok...it will all balance out eventually !!
( it happens to your butt cheeks to to !! haha...)
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amy you had me cracking up girl!!!!! A walking before and after

It will even out Keshia.. just let the body do its work.

DID SOMEBODY SAY 1 MILLION BUCKEROOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG
Old 10-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bbq sauce

Cassidy, yes a MILLION DOLLARS. Dr. Oz teamed up with WW to do a contest for a million dollar prize. You're supposed to go into a WW center and weigh in (they were doing it for free I think until Oct 6) and they give you a certificate with your official start weight and then some time down the road you go back and do an official end weight. Person who loses the most I guess wins? I'm not sure I was turned off by having to go weigh at a center so I didn't bother paying attention to details. It'd be pretty cool to win 1 mill tho wouldn't it?!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Sooo... I haven't weighed since Oct 4th, I think. Don't feel like it. Don't wanna feel let down at the moment. It may or may not be a food thing, I've been 90% OP. 10% slipping minor stuff that ain't quite wrong, but sho ain't right. Exhaustion, laziness, and a slight nudging of sabotage behavior from DH is not a good mix. I woke up hungry after a 12 hr shift to find a plate full of hibachi carry out being eaten right next to me. I ate it. Some kinda mystery meat that tasted of sugary coating and 2 breaded fried zucchini (sp). IDK, everyday I've been planning a carby meal in my head, then decide against it. Instead, eating too much of the low carb things.

During my 12hr shift, I polished off about 4 oz of almonds, 3 cups of coffee, turkey cobb salad, and a half bag of sf werthers hard candy. Not good, but better than the alternatives. There are sssooooo many delicious restaraunts, wlking distance to my job. My co-workers are constantly indulging in them. I'm not really tempted, but been having the urge, and visualizing all the carby stuff I want. I feel as though I may give in soon, but the setback has kept me focused.

One habit at a time, one embrace, one moment, one achievement... no matter how small or great. I need to learn how to acknowledge accomplishments, and stop minimalizing their significance. To bask in the glory of being proud for myself and stop feeling it's arrogant boastfullness. Stella's trying to get her groove back... slowly but suredly. I am ME, and ME deserves to be loved, respected, taken care of... especially by ME!

J, you telling me I'll need to buy one butt cheek padding? Oh NO! LOL!

Yes CC, 1 million! I guess I may have missed the deadline. The $ would be a welcome triumph, but my life less less miserable and much more healthier is winning enough! I don't need to be filthy rich, just comfortable and secure. Besides, I never win nut'n!!!

D, I don't know how they'll decide the winner, maybe the person whom transforms their "whole" life, in every aspect. IDK. I didn't have time to find a WW to go weigh in. I could've made the time, but... so be it.

Amy has always cracked me up! Even when we talked on the phone, with our rugrats running in the background. And when we use to all try to meet up in the chat room! SILLY!!!

In Other News... I have 2 sisters with bdays in Nov., we are discussing- combing 1 wknd to throw a full on bday bash together. I'm looking foward to dancing, singing karaoking (?), and drinking the night away! GIRLS NIGHT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ju mpjoy:
Old 10-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o

WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT DARLIN'!!! JUST TRY TO LEAVE STUFF OUT A LITTLE AT THE TIME. YOU ARE DOING SO GOOD!!! I TOO AM 90/10 WHICH IS NOT BAD. NOW I HAVE TO MOVE CLOSER TO 95/5. AND ADD THE STINKIN EXERCISE. BUT I HAVE A BIRTHDA IN APRIL TO GET READY FOR!!

YOU SHOULD HAVE A BIG OLE BIRTHDAY BASH!!! I LURRVEEEE BIRTHDAYS!!!
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY for the Birthday Bash!!!! I love girls nights out!!! So much fun!

Yea I am with Martini... try taking out one thing at a time. And eating more fat... fills me up fast!!!!

Have a great day doll!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh K, what am I gonna do with you!

You most certainly need to be celebrating you along the way! This is a hard concept to me too because I have always put myself last. Mainly because I was taught from a really early age that I didn't matter, and that I should just be thankful to be on the planet. So, when ya spend your entire life just trying to be invisible,not get in anyone's way, and thankful just to be breathing, ya kinda don't know how to celebrate yourself! Girl, I am learning! AND FAST!!!!! It's been a very freeing experience and sometimes hard to balance, but YOU HAVE TO!

Just keep on with eating right, maybe like Cassidy mentioned, add more fat so it'll keep ya fuller longer? You're head is in the right place for sure, eye on the prize girlfriend!!

Sounds like an amazing birthday celebration with your family! Enjoy it!!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:05 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ALL!!! This has been a battle. I'm truly getting a bit frustrated, but I'll get through it I'm sure. My love/hate relationship with food is miserable.

T, I'm trying to narrow it down to 98/2

CC, you have to celebrate with me. We're trying to figure it all out now.

D, I was raised that way also, your not alone... trust me!

Laying low... trying to get over this hump... whose going to win this battle?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YOU ARE GONNA WIN BABY!!!! YOU WERE BORN TO WIN!!!!!

Yea let me know when the festivities are and I will be happy to come girl!!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member

BB! How's things?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!