Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Mmmmmmm...Baaacon ! hehe....
Whats up Keshia,.... Hope you are having a good week !!!
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Stupid stupid stupid peppermint patties!!!! They were my gateway drug yesterday...ate about four of them THEN found my fingers in the M&M's bag. . For shame!!! And I have been doing SO GOOD!!!

So M&Ms are put away. My learning experience has been that M&Ms cannot be open on my counter without my fingers developing their own little devious minds... AND I cannot really handle any sort of sweet at this point... I'm like a frickin' crack addict!! And felt like crap after, so that's helpful!

Moving on... Hope you all had a better day than me!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Stupid stupid stupid peppermint patties!!!! They were my gateway drug yesterday...ate about four of them THEN found my fingers in the M&M's bag. . For shame!!! And I have been doing SO GOOD!!!

So M&Ms are put away. My learning experience has been that M&Ms cannot be open on my counter without my fingers developing their own little devious minds... AND I cannot really handle any sort of sweet at this point... I'm like a frickin' crack addict!! And felt like crap after, so that's helpful!

Moving on... Hope you all had a better day than me!
Hhaha.... M&M Crackhead !!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Totally. It's sad...
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Whew! What a day! Worked till 2am last night and was back at 9am this morn. I am to happy to be tired!

Eating has been OP, no slacking! Excited to see what the scale says this wknd or maybe Monday. Walking a lot at work, and had the nerve to park car far from entrance and run to car last night! LOL! Wasn't that far and no one was out for me to be embarrassed.

What will I have for dinner? Maybe some baked Talapia and green beans IDK. Going to relax and do some catching up.

GOD IS GOOD, even through my struggles!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...bones-too.html
8/2010-380+ 9/4-327.2
6/1/11-374
7/15/11-355
8/25/11-339.8 8/29-334.2
1/3/12-335
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Hey JRod, my weel is going great. How is yours going?

Oh Dear Amy, Pull your butt right back on the wagon! You know those darm M&Gems are dangerous, but you'll be okay. Get something you don't really care for!

We are doing this!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbone View Post
I Still want me a "big" girl bike! Have to invest in one... with the wide arse seat! My butt... never mind!
Well Keshia... You can get a big girl/boy seat...they make them...I am not sure where in Hotlanta to get one...but....they do make them wider....I bike a lot..and I HATE those
little hard seats...I had to get me a gel seat soo....my...well....you know wouldnt be all sore and stuff.... then one day I saw a mountain bike parked outside a store...
and it had a wide shorter cushion seat like it was almost rectangle....not a traditional
type...I was like...OHHHH..I like that I want one... I guess I could google it....
(I would find one..and paste the link here....but I dont want to break the terms of service agreement with posting product links on the forum threads...) so I will find the name of them...and just post the name once I find them...and post that here..
Old 09-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

google schwinn no pressure bicycle seat...( I saw it on amazon for 17.00 )
Old 09-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Awww the patties gotta ya amy!!! Sorry to hear that. New day tomorrow!!!

ButtterfingerBB!!!! Good job working hard!!! I love that you have a job u are enjoying. Keep sticking to the plan!!! I haven't ridden a bike in forever!!!! Hope you get on the road!!!
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:40 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info JRod, I haven't rode a bike since I was maybe 10? It's been a long time. But I'm sure it will be okay! The last time I looked for bikes, they were expensive as heck!

Thanks Tini, I am just excited to be out and productive again. My back is finally healed enough to get back to work and its really nothing like it for me. I enjoy working. Plus I'm not sitting at home depressed and stuffing my face, planning my next "awful" food choices!

Didn't realize how tired I was yesterday until I sat down! I was out like a light! DH said I must have been tired because I was calling the dogs last night (snoring) LOL! . He said my arms were all over his face and he didn't want to disturb me, so he slept with them there. LOL. Up and rested this morn.

I was watching Ruby on Netflix, that lady who use to weigh 767lbs and she got down to 350lbs. I wonder about her?

So... what will this day hold? DH brought home HIbachi takeout, I nibbled on some kinda oxtails and roast beef thingy, IDK. But, why did I taste sweetness on the ground beef? I ate 2 pieces and stopped. If I'm going to be thrown out of ketosis... I at least want to know what the heck I'm eating. I think I'll be ok though. It was minute. I think.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the info JRod, I haven't rode a bike since I was maybe 10? It's been a long time. But I'm sure it will be okay! The last time I looked for bikes, they were expensive as heck!
No problemo... Well Keshia, you know what they say..."its like riding a bike"
you wont ever forget how to ride one. I know that some bikes out there are
very expensive..I bought one about 7 yrs ago when I was doing Dualthons for 450.00 a real nice "road bike" ...I also have a solid wal-mart mountain bike
that I got for under 100.00.. A lot of times you can look in a second hand
store...or good will or a pawnshop and get a good solid mountain bike
with good tires for 25. to 50. bucks... have your DH check it out and
oil the chain for you...get yourself a good seat...and off you go!!

I hope you have a good weekend !!!

Jarrod
Old 09-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Yea I am looking for me a bike too!!! I saw some at Goodwill up north Keshia by me.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
TGIF! Keshia, glad you are enjoying work. It probably feels really good to be productive, huh? I had to giggle about your arms all over dh. LOL I tend to do that too when I'm either dreaming or way way tired. No idea why tho?

Ooo I hope you get yourself a bike! that would be awesome lady!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Amy, the m&m's gotcha! It's all good. New day. New Beginning!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

I'm now a wknd worker... because I'm older, and have no life? I like the fact of being off during the week... more time to spend with kids and school functions. But, I'm scheduled for every wknd all wknd 2 mths straigth.
I get it... I'm not a toumg partier, but darn! One Fri a month would be nice to have off work.

Why do I get lidht-headed and dizzy at the groc store? It's becoming aggravating! Even before LC, I'd have to find a seat and ley fam do rest of groc shopping. IDK what that is? I really hate that feeling! Of not bring in control!!!!

I was cravung a snicker bar yesterday! O MY Goodness, and that lead to thougths and cravungs for something worse! I had it planned out in my head... what I was going to eat once I got off, I beat the "ceavungs" devil. I ate me sauage link ubstead. Not even hslf!

Haven't wrighed @ a week. The ups and downs are driving ne nuts. Maybe once I go to Curves Monday, I'll weigh in.

Thanks ALL!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

That's a great idea no to weigh for a while. Maybe once or twice a month. Just to make sure you aren't going in the wrong direction. I hear you on the weekend thing. Friday night could be date night for you and hubby. Maybe after you have been there, you can switch. I had a run in with SF candies last night and TOM wanted more than the 3 pieces limit! Dang him!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
I'm now a wknd worker... because I'm older, and have no life? I like the fact of being off during the week... more time to spend with kids and school functions. But, I'm scheduled for every wknd all wknd 2 mths straigth.
I get it... I'm not a toumg partier, but darn! One Fri a month would be nice to have off work.

Why do I get lidht-headed and dizzy at the groc store? It's becoming aggravating! Even before LC, I'd have to find a seat and ley fam do rest of groc shopping. IDK what that is? I really hate that feeling! Of not bring in control!!!!

I was cravung a snicker bar yesterday! O MY Goodness, and that lead to thougths and cravungs for something worse! I had it planned out in my head... what I was going to eat once I got off, I beat the "ceavungs" devil. I ate me sauage link ubstead. Not even hslf!

Haven't wrighed @ a week. The ups and downs are driving ne nuts. Maybe once I go to Curves Monday, I'll weigh in.

Thanks ALL!
Congrats! Good that you are working even if it is just for the weekends, it's better than nothing. And LOL were you sleepy when you wrote this post?
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

K, great job keeping it together! Remember, going off plan will only hurt you babe, set you back, and make you more frustrated!!! Slow and easy, stay the course and the weight WILL come off!! Proud you stayed on track!!

I hear ya about the part-time work. when I worked part-time I ALWAYS got the crappy weekend shifts. Always. Not sure what it is you're doing, but in retail, they will use you up until your fingers bleed and they don't care. They figure you give them that availability, they will take advantage to fill their need and let others have that time off instead. used to p*** me right the heck off. Hence, why this ole lady is in school again.

Be careful while you're out lady! Does the light headedness happen at any other time??? yikes! don't let it go on for too much longer before going to the doc...

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

326.8 This morning! Exactly 47.2 lbs down in 4 total months and 3 days!

Must be doing a good job at work because I'm now working full time! My body is adjusting LoL, LK, I was kinda sleepy... Whactcha trying to say Lady?

Well, I didn't get to curves on time yesterday, they only open from 4p-8p? What? Maybe it's just that paticular one. I'll look into another one.

Yeah D, I may need a checkup. I hate going to the Dr., unless it's totally necessary.

Well I've been wanting something sweet sooo bad, BUT I've resisted! I was looking through a magazine the other day, and seen the sneaker's w/ peanut butter! I wanted to run to the store, right then and get one! I don't usually like sneaker's that much!

And, the dreams... OMG! I have been dreaming of eating all kinds of carby foods, and wake up thinking I blew it! Only to realize it was just a dream??? What's up with that?

Well 16.2 lbs from my birthday goal of 310.......... The battle begins! Within myself! I pray I don't sabbotage this goal, I have had a habit of doing that to myself. Hence my fat butt!

For Strength!!!!

Last edited by bigbone; 10-04-2011 at 01:19 PM..
Old 10-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG on a job well done Keshia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you!!! You are this thang baby!!! And a better schedule at work... FULL TIME!! You are on a roll!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Good for YOU!! Those are strange times for curves to be open. I would think they would be really busy if that was all they were open.

STAY AWAY FROM THE SWEETS. I have found out over the past couple days that I am WEAK and can't have them in my house, much less eat sweets. Had to throw out the dang M&M's. Couldn't keep out of them. I got no spine when it comes to candy...Halloween has me really skeerd..
Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
LOL Kishea! and congrats on the weightloss and the job! wooohooo!
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

AWW SHUCKS!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

AWESOME BEING FULL TIME!!! CHA-CHING!!!!!

REMEMBER CANDY IS THE DEBIL!!!

47 pounds divided by 4 months is a little over 11 pounds a month!!!!

YOU CAN MAKE YOUR BIRTHDAY GOAL!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

KEEEEEEESHIA !!! STAY away from the Snickers with Peanut butter....!!!

POISON...and they are gross !! I had ....ummm....4 of them ...( "bite size" ya'll so get off me !! ) Umm...ok...I lied...they were AWESOME... I didnt buy them...
My daughter brought some home, a halloween bag size...and....um..I said...Ok..
I will have one.... then...I was like crap....ok..one more.... then I stopped...
well the bag sat in the kitchen for 2 days...then last night WHILE watching
BIG FAT LOSER !!! I had 2 more..!! I mean come on really...WHO watches
Biggest Loser and eats bad !!!! ( ohhh I know more than just me...Ya'll fess up !!)

Well..... Good job on not having any...B*#R ( I didnt wanna say....um...."Beer")
in the last month !! haha.. SO....you are doing great hang in there !!!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ALL!!!! CeeCee, girl! We are not turning back! Onward and downward! It is GOOD to have friends on ANY journey... especially this hard battle to good health. (And looking good!)

Yay Amy! Girl, I told you to get sum'n you don't like around there! (candy) It is hard for most of us! (JRod)! Not funny... Just saying! And, I don't understand why Curves open and close in such a short window? They are franchises, that may have something to do with it. IDK

Yes Tini! CHA-CHING indeed! I was gonna get another part time job to crank it out for Christmas, but prob not now. I'm still getting job offers from those 2 wks of serious hunting! Don't think I can pull it off. Before having kids and all, It was nothing for me to work 2 or 3 jobs at a time! I ain't no spring chicken no more!

Oohhh JRod! Those darn Sneakers? We're they good? Did they have a lotta peanut butter or more chocolate? Ahemmmm Nevermind! Come on yall, we gotta make it through Halloween!

I've already decided that I will not make buffet dinner fro the holidays! I lubz the my Mommy's cornbread dressing and banana pudding, oh and the lemon pie recipes from scratch. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'm cutting them in half. I use to make enough to feed an Army, both dh and my own families, and some of the neighbors, plus plenty leftover for days!

I refuse this behavior this year! Can't stand ALL those goodies, that I love, hanging around and staring me down! I'm thinking... Deep Fried Turkey, Ham, Collard Greens, Squash Casserole, Baked Sweet Potatoes, One Lemon Pie for fam?

They will I'm mad, but at least I'll be fine!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

[QUOTE=JRod;15061211]Well..... Good job on not having any...B*#R ( I didnt wanna say....um...."Beer")

/QUOTE]

What, Jarod? Are you saying BEER is a 4-letter word??????????? I guess I'm in trouble then.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #296
Blabbermouth!!!

Keshia, GREAT JOB on the loss lady!!!! You are doing so well, NEVER give up! You can definitely reach your birthday goal, I know you can!
That is fantastic news about getting full-time work! Things always have a way of working out, don't they?

I have to tell you, I got a great giggle out of reading about your "sneakers".... SNICKERS.... when I read it I'm thinkin, oh wow there's sneakers with peanut butter in them, how weird would that be to walk in those???? Too cute mama!!

You have chosen a beautiful menu for the holidays, don't let anyone tell ya different chicky!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

GOOD MENU!!!!

Is that the Snickers where the sharks are eating the people after they ate them? LOL
Old 10-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NO VISUALS TINI!!!!!! Makes me want one!!! LOL
Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Your menu sounds good to me! You may have to teach this white girl from Wisconsin how to make greens...I always wanted to make greens....

And if your family complains about the menu, you tell them that they will be celebrating without you sooner rather than later if you don't make some changes. I was thinking this myself the other day...I want to live a long time. At least long enough that I can be one of those old ladies that says exactly what she wants when she wants to and no one dares tell her different! HA!

NO sweets for me today. NONE. The scale was NOT kind this morning...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Is it Snickers? LOL, Good I'm thinking about running, huh? NOT!!! Well, thats the menu I came up with. Simple and easy, at least I won't be sweating in the kitchen for days. Amy greens are quite easy to make girl. I'd be glad to give you recipe! The scale will move... DS hid mine again after weigh in.