Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #1471
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,821
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
Deb post the recipe please.

i really really suck at low carb recipes though.
This one couldn't be any easier! (I suck too )
12yrslater is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #1472
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
You cool little crackers...

April 30th, 2010 | Author: Lola


A fun and easy way to make crackers that doesn’t require a lot of effort, can be replicated and baked in an oven? Enter Pillsbury. Sliced cookies are nothing new, but to be able to roll up the dough prior to slicing and baking makes working with the dough simple and fuss-free. No more trying to slice straight lines in a pan, now bakers can take the time to smell a rose, and eat a cracker.




Keep an eye on the baking times and pull the crackers if they look on the verge of overcooking, since they continue to bake even when pulled from the oven. While they still taste amazing in their brown phase, they’re not as visually pleasing. A couple of brainless spreads (brain spreads, eww!) follow and are based on found vegetables and spices in the kitchen.




Cheesy Flax Cracker


2 cups shredded cheese*
1 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup butter, softened

In a bowl, combine cheese, flax seed meal and butter. Mix until mixture forms a ball. Roll into a 1-1/2″ cylinder; wrap in waxed paper and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until firm. Using a sharp knife, slice cylinder into 1/8″-1/4″ segments and place 3″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 400 degree oven for 6 minutes. Let rest for a minute or two on the pan if too difficult to move. Cool on a rack. Store in a bag on the counter. Makes roughly 36-48 crackers.

Nutritional Information 1/6 recipe: Calories: 383, Carb: 10, Fiber: 7 Net Carb: 3, Protein: 13, Fat: 33




Cheesy Cheese Crackers


2 cups shredded cheese*
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup butter

In a bowl, combine cheeses and butter. Mix until mixture forms a ball. Roll into a 1-1/2″ cylinder; wrap in waxed paper and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until firm. Using a sharp knife, slice cylinder into 1/8″-1/4″ segments and place 3″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 400 degree oven for 6 minutes. Let rest for a minute or two on the pan if too difficult to move. Cool on a rack. Store in a bag on the counter. Makes roughly 36-48 crackers.

Nutritional Information 1/6th recipe: Calories: 317, Carb: 1, Fiber: 0, Net Carb: 1, Protein: 14, Fat: 29




Confetti Spread: Mix softened cream cheese with finely chopped red and green bell peppers and carrots. Can top garnish with added, minced vegetables.




Dill Spread: Mix softened cream cheese with dill. Can add dill for extra color.
* While any cheese will work here, I used mozzarella.
__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #1473
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
OMG! Thanks for the post. I have all the ingredients listed at home...gonna make a batch this weekend .
Meek75 is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #1474
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
OMG! Thanks for the post. I have all the ingredients listed at home...gonna make a batch this weekend .
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM ME TOO!!!.... lots of fatty goodness..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #1475
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
i may give it a try...here's hoping!
Tyl is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #1476
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,821
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
I liked them alot (as did my sister who doesn't lc)...they were good with chicken salad
12yrslater is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #1477
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,821
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
there is another one recipe floating around here on LCF that was even BETTER than these because they tasted exactly like crackers out of the box BUT they were more complicated and I don't do complicated

BTW - Mine TASTED like crackers but 100% didn't look like it! You would have been scared to try! MUAHAHAHAHAH!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #1478
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
there is another one recipe floating around here on LCF that was even BETTER than these because they tasted exactly like crackers out of the box BUT they were more complicated and I don't do complicated

BTW - Mine TASTED like crackers but 100% didn't look like it! You would have been scared to try! MUAHAHAHAHAH!
I don't do complicated either.... no way.....
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #1479
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,821
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Can you tell I am multi-tasking and 1/2 arsing everything? I love when I mess up sentences!

"there is another one recipe floating around here"
12yrslater is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #1480
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
at least you know how much you weigh today.... and you can read baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad and understand the joke in context to a female sheep.....
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #1481
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,821
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
at least you know how much you weigh today.... and you can read baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad and understand the joke in context to a female sheep.....
OMG!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #1482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Great Lakes State!
Posts: 4,434
Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Deb, just wanted to say that I spent most of my morning reading ALL of your journal. I sat here with my water and read every post and laughed and cheered all of you on, especially YOU! My son said "mom when are you getting off of that?" I laughed and said 'in one minute" but the minute never came. You guys are funny and better than a TV show good success in everything you set out to do and thank you for your journal and helping others see that there is no 1 way to lose the FAT!
__________________
~Just ing Maggie~

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
MagieDen is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #1483
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAgieDen View Post
Deb, just wanted to say that I spent most of my morning reading ALL of your journal. I sat here with my water and read every post and laughed and cheered all of you on, especially YOU! My son said "mom when are you getting off of that?" I laughed and said 'in one minute" but the minute never came. You guys are funny and better than a TV show good success in everything you set out to do and thank you for your journal and helping others see that there is no 1 way to lose the FAT!
OMG..... thank you so much!!! We should be a comedy show huh? This is real life and these are my players.... They have made my journey fun and I am so happy to have them in my cyber life!! Extra happy we gave you some reading time.....

Thank you for your VERY kind words!!!... and that is my goal... to show folks there are different ways to get this flab off for GOOD, I hope!....
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #1484
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,446
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
........ maybe?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Jen...Oh a "sugar daddy" we all like an experienced man
That is right!! He's my Irish hottie from Belfast...yummy!!
Jenmay78 is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #1485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Great Lakes State!
Posts: 4,434
Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Deb, I have another question for you if you don't mind? Do you do the Phases of Sim. Protocol or do you just keep using the HcG and come off of the diet that you do when you feel like it? Can a person keep going in P2 with Hcg if the cals. are higher and not like 500 cals? I believe Omaha Spa Diet is like 600-700 cals with the HCG and the program is like no phases until maintenace if I am correct. I am not sure but have more reading to do. How long have you used HCg, days before like trying to see if you can maintain? Do I make any sense?
MagieDen is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #1486
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,446
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I PINKY SWEAR FOR THE WEEKEND !!! I am gonna stay on course, I will NOT eat after 6pm .. I WILL NOT eat candy... Now everyone join in the PINKY SWEAR and make it what YOU want to do... we can keep each other on track.. thanks Meek!!!
I am in. I will not eat after 7pm. I will not eat candy/sweets. I will take time for myself this weekend and enjoy some relaxation.
Jenmay78 is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #1487
Big Yapper!!!!
 
2B Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 9,946
Gallery: 2B Me
Start Date: Need to get started again on some plan.
Marking my spot to come back and read this. I've only read the first couple of posts so far.
2B Me is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #1488
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAgieDen View Post
Deb, I have another question for you if you don't mind? Do you do the Phases of Sim. Protocol or do you just keep using the HcG and come off of the diet that you do when you feel like it? Can a person keep going in P2 with Hcg if the cals. are higher and not like 500 cals? I believe Omaha Spa Diet is like 600-700 cals with the HCG and the program is like no phases until maintenace if I am correct. I am not sure but have more reading to do. How long have you used HCg, days before like trying to see if you can maintain? Do I make any sense?
I don't do phases anymore.. I did my first round. I did that pretty clean and then did Phase 3 for about 2 weeks. I maintained fine without the drops. I wanted to lose again, so I started back on the drops and P2. That is when my journal began. I have been on the drops since early August I think? I went off for a couple of days to see the effect it would have on me.

By the second or third day I was HUNGRY. I know the drops help me with that.. so I have stayed on them since then. I have taken a week or two of eating whatever I wanted trying to maintain WHILE ON THE DROPS. it worked fine. I can eat up to about 3000 cals and NOT GAIN, but only on the drops.

The Omaha plan sounds interesting too.. more food, different food, no phases and not really as strict. I don't need to do it though because I have found what works for me.. I will do 600 one day, then 1200, back and forth till the end of these 3 weeks. After that, I may try to maintain for a week or so again WHILE DOSING. I am staying on the drops till goal and maintenance is over for me.... then I shall try it without! Anyway, that is the plan!...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #1489
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
I am in. I will not eat after 7pm. I will not eat candy/sweets. I will take time for myself this weekend and enjoy some relaxation.
Alright Jen!!!.. you are in!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2B Me View Post
Marking my spot to come back and read this. I've only read the first couple of posts so far.
Howdy! welcome to my world..... This could take a while...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #1490
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Also Maggie, YES you can eat more than 500 cals while on the HCG. I have proven that, as have several other people... the Protocol was written so long ago, and based on his theory, but we have proven that it does not hold up in real life. I eat A LOT more than 500 cals and lose fine.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #1491
Senior LCF Member
 
sheryl0423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida TB Area
Posts: 998
Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Try as I might, I can not keep up with your journal I might just have to quit my job so I can keep up
sheryl0423 is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #1492
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Gallery: fayee
hcg with lcf modification

reading your results with great fascination. im struggling with 16 lbs in 4 weeks and am at a standstill. will lose afew during the week, then stall toward weekend and repeat cycle. this is going on for two weeks and im ready to give up. but now with your system it gives me hope. is your way giving you continuous results or it was a temporary fix mixing up body signals.
im also reading about coconut oil during phase 2. any info on that? in addition someone posted about juicing but not sure whats in it, does it replace meals and why its part of the diet. hoping you can set me on the right path because im sticking 99% to the diet and if i veer of even minutely im stalling so your way sounds toooooo good to be true. cant wait to hear from you
fayee
fayee is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #1493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Great Lakes State!
Posts: 4,434
Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Thank you again for being so patient and answering questions in your journal no less. I believe "I've got it!" now. I am just waiting for drops and than will give it a go after Thanksgiving. I will definitely be around(maybe lurking, that's all you need, another stalker lol!). You have been a BIG help, this is for you

Have a nice night!
MagieDen is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #1494
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl0423 View Post
Try as I might, I can not keep up with your journal I might just have to quit my job so I can keep up
.. I know Sheryl it has gotten crazy... I love it!.. but it is hard to keep up sometimes.. how are you doing????
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #1495
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Deb, tell me a funny...i'm getting in a bad mood at work! lol
Tyl is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #1496
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayee View Post
reading your results with great fascination. im struggling with 16 lbs in 4 weeks and am at a standstill. will lose afew during the week, then stall toward weekend and repeat cycle. this is going on for two weeks and im ready to give up. but now with your system it gives me hope. is your way giving you continuous results or it was a temporary fix mixing up body signals.
im also reading about coconut oil during phase 2. any info on that? in addition someone posted about juicing but not sure whats in it, does it replace meals and why its part of the diet. hoping you can set me on the right path because im sticking 99% to the diet and if i veer of even minutely im stalling so your way sounds toooooo good to be true. cant wait to hear from you
fayee
HI and welcome! Are you on the drops? I use my system continuously.. I tried to do like a week straight of low cals, but I just am not successful at it.. so I use my cycling plan and it keeps me losing, my body guessing, and I don't get so bored. Also, when I have a very low day, I look forward to the next day so I can have more!

I don't use coconut oil, but several do.. I'm not sure what the purpose is... I always THOUGHT that If I didn't stick to the plan completely that I would gain, and when I DIDNT, I was so happy. I tested it day by day, adding things in, until I figured out what would work for me...

I can LOSE on 600, then the next day I sort of lock that in with higher cals. Then back to 600 again, it works that way for me.. and OTHERS! That is why I started this journal, to see if anyone else out there was doing it.

FINALLY people started to come out and let me know they were! So it does work!! Just experiment and find out how your body reacts. ALSO, GIVE IT TIME!! it takes a while to figure it out. GOOD LUCK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAgieDen View Post
Thank you again for being so patient and answering questions in your journal no less. I believe "I've got it!" now. I am just waiting for drops and than will give it a go after Thanksgiving. I will definitely be around(maybe lurking, that's all you need, another stalker lol!). You have been a BIG help, this is for you

Have a nice night!
ANYTIME!!! you are welcome Maggie, I would love to hear how you are doing!! please stop by anytime! Join in the fun on our thread on the HCG forum also....It is a blast losing with such wonderful people!!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #1497
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
Deb, tell me a funny...i'm getting in a bad mood at work! lol
AHHHHHHHHHHH no!!!! GOSH DARN IT!... funny ... hummm.. PATI WHERE ARE YOU!!!!......... She is my comedian.. and I need her to bounce my silliness off on... lets see here..... let me think a minute...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #1498
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
OHHHHHHHHHHH there was something funny that happened at work today... we had this little meeting with this VERY STERN and stict boss.... she is also very prim and proper..

So she is giving us this speech about how we were doing, and how we needed to step some things up etc etc... and the entire time.. she had this BIG OLE BOOOGER sticking outta her nose.... fer realz..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #1499
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHH no!!!! GOSH DARN IT!... funny ... hummm.. PATI WHERE ARE YOU!!!!......... She is my comedian.. and I need her to bounce my silliness off on... lets see here..... let me think a minute...
LOL...Deb that was super cute and just what i needed! I'm ready to retire... can you do that in your late 20s? lol
Tyl is offline  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #1500
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,580
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
LOL...Deb that was super cute and just what i needed! I'm ready to retire... can you do that in your late 20s? lol
OF COURSE!!...... but you might otta be rich to do that...
Deb294evr is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.