Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 03:56 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Thanks girls for hanging in with me here... This morning I am down 2.6 and very happy with that. I thought I might gain today. I also weighed in a couple of hours earlier than yesterday.

Yesterday was not hard for day 1. I was still feeling like crap after eating all that stuff. I ate my food and went to bed around 8ish. I have a feeling today may be more difficult being at work. Last round work was tough, because I got really hungry. I am taking all my food for the day just in case that happens today.

Sunny how are things going for you? Sheryl did you decide on an experiment for yourself?...

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Hey Deb, congrats on the loss! That's outstanding, did you stick to the 500 calories?
I still don't know, right now I am just laying low until my cruise. But this HCG is sounding more and more tempting It seems like it is really working outstanding for you.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #63

I did stick to the 500 calories yesterday, because I was sooo not hungry. Today may be a different matter, but so far so good. I only brought the food that I can have for today, so I think I will be good to go.

Now WANTING something else is a different matter, but I am not hungry today either. LOVE THIS HHCG!

I am so jealous of your cruise! I still think that would be the perfect loading time... get you some drops then enjoy the food! Alot of people feel guilty eating on a cruise, but you could have the perfect reason! you are starting your diet!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LosingKitty
Stats: 298/206.5/145
I think a cruise would be perfect for loading. I've gone on two little bitty ones and some people there are definately loading even if they dont know it! The last one we never even set food in the main dining room, we were happy with the buffet, fast food, bar-b-ques by the pool and room service.

Deb I am in awe! So you gained 3 but lost 6.6? All in less than a week? Crazy good! I'm afraid following you is going to make me want to do it again, I was OK with it the first 2 weeks, then I went out of my mind. Maybe I will have to experiment with 2 week P2s. I wonder if theres a reason that wouldnt work, less loss maybe but if it worked.....hmmm. Food for thought? LC food anyway
Old 09-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #65

I think you are on to something! After 2 weeks, you are going nuts with the same foods, and ready for more! I agree.. wonder if it would work the same.. why not? .. yes , less loss, but then again, maybe not? I only lost 1 pound in my 3rd week last time.

I have a feeling after the first P2, it is really hard to get back into the groove again. I am having a tough time AGAIN! Ugggg.. I think because I know I can actually eat more and lose with this. I proved that to myself in my experiment. I really want to knock off another 20 fast though, and I don't think I can eat a lot and do that.

Yes on the first load day, I gained 3, then the second I lost 4. The first VLCD I lost 2.6. This morning I only lost .8 so that is depressing....Just makes me want to eat more... oh well, I will stick with it this week and evaluate where I am on Saturday.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:45 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Deb,

Girl you are losing it! You "only" lost .8 in 24 hrs!! Thats pretty darn good actually. You are getting spoiled by those frequent bigger losses. Definately give it a few more days- I bet tomorrow you lose at least a whole lb.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingKitty View Post
Deb,

Girl you are losing it! You "only" lost .8 in 24 hrs!! Thats pretty darn good actually. You are getting spoiled by those frequent bigger losses. Definately give it a few more days- I bet tomorrow you lose at least a whole lb.

lol.. yes you are right! I am a spoiled brat!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #68

down 2.4 today. I was not near as hungry yesterday thank god! I was starving on Tuesday.

Anyway, I am happier today. Forgot to bring my drops to work, and forgot this morning's dose. I am on 2 times a day so it won't hurt me too much. Not hungry yet. Am I losing my mind though?...forgetting my drops

Total since my loading days, plus 3, minus 4, minus 2.6, minus .8, minus 2.4. = net of -6.8 I think??

246 Sunday, today 239.2. So yep, -6.8 cannot complain.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Wow that's great!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #70

Thanks Sheryl.

Down 1.8 today. Was bored and wanted to eat last night but went to bed instead. This is tough. It's not really hunger, just wanting stuff. People were not meant to live on 500 calories a day..

The bad part is I can talk myself into eating more things because regardless of what the rules of Protocol are, "not eating more than 500 cals" while dosing, I don't believe that is true for me.

I have proved it to myself. I can not only NOT GAIN, but I can lose too. Not as much as on 500 cals/day but that is just common sense. Eat less, lose more. Duhh... The only difference is that on the drops my hunger goes away. So, even when I eat 2000 calories, I am not hungry, just love food.

For some reason, my body will still release the fat when I am on the drops. When I went off them for 2 weeks, I was hungry, and I ate more, and I did not lose or gain more than 2 pounds. STABILIZED.

Right now I want to lose faster so I will stick to the low cals, until I don't.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

So when you want more and give in to it are you going to just eat extra allowed stuff? Like another portion of protein?

Girl I wish I able to do like you, maybe by some miracle it will happen to me once I get my s**t together!

I will be fully ready Sat to do this right and stick to it at least 2 weeks.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingKitty View Post
So when you want more and give in to it are you going to just eat extra allowed stuff? Like another portion of protein?

Girl I wish I able to do like you, maybe by some miracle it will happen to me once I get my s**t together!

I will be fully ready Sat to do this right and stick to it at least 2 weeks.
YES! Right now, I am ok, but when I get hungry and want something else, I usually think about my goal in mind, then eat an extra piece of chicken. With hot sauce.. lol That helps. ( I cook up those unbreaded chicken breast tenders from Sam's Club so they are always ready for me)

Sometimes I take 2 whole cucumbers to work cut up so I can have something to snack on. I would say though, that extra protein is my number one way to help the cravings or hungries. I still lose weight, and I think it helps keep my blood sugar stable.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #73

up .8 today and not happy at all.. I know all the reasons people give and all that jazz.. I don't care about the reasons, I don't like it.. I did nothing different or off plan.. just these measley calories are too low..

So today I am upping my calories to 1000. I am making my own path here because the goal is to lose weight, not eat what someone wants me to eat. That is why I write all this in my own journal so nobody can say I am not following the plan ! ...

If I was to go to the HCG forum and try to tell others to follow me, that would another thing, but I have to do what I have to do for me... My body does not like living on 500 calories, no matter what the drops are supposed to release into the system.. I have proved that to myself in the past and it is showing up again..

I added more protein and veges today. Also, I am having watermelon for my fruit. OH NO, it's not on the plan!.. hahaha.. oh well, it is on my plan.. and I always seem to lose better when I eat it..

Anyway.. I am not hungry at all, I am not craving, all is well today.. guess I'll see what the scale says tomorrow, but my body seems happier today..
Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenMA66
Stats: 227/???/147ish I think?
WOE: HCG/Hunger Scale WLA
Start Date: December 1 2008
Deb.....I don't blame you. I followed protocol exactly the first week and then on that sunday I said....ya know...I feel like my body needs something...and I added in a tbls of almond butter a day...it's sooo not on protocol...lol and I never said a word but it seemed to work for me. I am so sick of almond butter at this point though..

I had read on another thread that some add in a few macadamia nuts instead of the grissini so that's how I justified it in my mind. It seemed to work and I seem to be stabilizing ok.

Having said that I'm not sure how my 2nd round will be. I have 2 more weeks of p3 and then we'll find out. One week under my belt just about and today I'm 1lb under LDW...I wish it were more...I over did the fruit yesterday and intentionally ate too much wondering if I was getting enough calories. I think my body is happy around 2000. I was around 2500 I think and way too full...not comfortable so I'll do better today.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #75

Hi Colleen! You are stabilizing very well! That is what I did also, and when I got to that point, I knew I was going to be ok to experiment. I am so glad you said you added stuff to P2 and that others have as well. I just felt that my body was not functioning well on so few calories.

Times have changed in the past 50 or so years since he wrote the protocol and I believe new things have been discovered thank god... lol. I know you said you added protein and dropped some things earlier, and it worked for you! YEAH!!!

This morning I dropped that .8 I gained yesterday, plus another pound. I am very happy with that! I ended up with 1281 calories yesterday. More than I had planned, but being home on the weekends I tend to eat more. I FELT wonderful though! I function so much better on more calories.

What this proves to me is that there should not be fear associated with this plan. If you don't feel well on 500 cals, you should not fear adding something in that will make you feel better. You won't gain weight. That part of the Protocol is what I have always questioned. I don't believe the oils in products make you gain, I don't believe that adding extra calories to make you feel better will make you gain either.

I don't believe when you stop the drops that last 2 or 3 days that you have to eat the 500 cals a day or you will gain. I proved that to myself by eating more like 2000 cals both of those non dose days. I lost weight. In fact I only lost 1 pound that last week on 500 ish calories and during those 2 days I lost 2 more. Stabilized at that point with no drops. Never lost another pound during those 2 weeks without drops. Went up and down those same 2 pounds.

Of course you can't expect to eat 2-3000 calories and lose weight in any sort of record time either! I think we can find a level of calories that we can feel good on and still lose fairly quickly. I know I can lose very quickly on 500 cals plus drops. As much as a pound a day for me at this weight.

I also know I can lose at 1200-2000 cals plus drops. More in the range of 3-4 pounds a week, but that may be ok for me if it makes me feel better. Still better than I was doing Low Carb only. I very much love Low Carb foods, so that is mainly what I eat. I also love fruit, so I added that. I could not lose with fruit on Atkins. I CAN lose with fruit on the drops.

All this rambling but I am concluding for ME, that I can lose on HHCG and eating more food. I don't gain, I won't gain it all back as I was made to believe. I am going down the scale weekly. I drink my coffee with cream every day. I have had it that way since day 1 of my first round. It did not stall me, nor did it make me gain.

I can drink diet coke if I want it and it does not affect me. So many say it is so bad for you... whatever.. I like it and If I want it I will have it. It has no negative affect on me. I drink plenty of water, so I don't worry about it. Never have. Of course it is not politically correct to say that in any of the forums...

Bottom line is there is no fear in this plan for me. I will work it as I feel it is best for me and I will call it whatever the heck I want to call it... HHCG has helped me lose weight where I could not lose it before. For THAT I AM VERY GRATEFUL!

I would not have tried it without the protocol, and I lived in fear those first 3-6 weeks. No more fear... I can lose eating more, I can stabilize and not starve on 500 cals/day. Nice!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I agree with what you are saying. I have read about your experiment and it does seem to fly against what the protocol says to do yet you are still losing.

I know I tweaked mine a bit and like I said...I had a loss every single day...I can't explain it...I just know that was my experience.

Here is my question though....I do watch some women eat on protocol and gain. Why do they gain? I believe when they say they have not strayed.

My theory is that fat is not the enemy as much as people think. I do think sugar and starch is the enemy.

I do think water is crucial to the success of this and maybe the gain is water retention...not sure.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #77

I agree with you on the fat and water.. I think that when we don't eat enough fat the body will rebel... which could explain a gain. I mean logic will tell you that eating 500 calories a day will not make you gain.

If eating 500 cals a day made us gain, why would 1000, or 1500 or 2000 not make us gain 3 times as much? It does not make sense. I never really believed in starvation theory, but there may be something to it here. I think the body needs more fat to feel secure enough to release our own fat..

Anyway...........Sugar and Starch seem to be the culprit in most people's weight gain. So there are many questions in this plan, and knowing how individual we all are it is tough to have a specific conclusions. I just think everyone should try what will work for them and not be afraid. So if it doesn't work, you can always go back to what does.

I just think it is not necessary to eat so few calories, and such a low amount of fat to lose.

Even if everything he says about circulating fat is true, how did he come up with 500 calories for EVERYONE? that does not compute. Heavier people obviously need more calories to maintain, so that does not make sense to me. Ah well... I am just going to continue on and see what happens.

As I get smaller, I fully expect to have to go lower in cals to lose. I am prepared to do whatever tweaking I need to do.

One more thing I forgot to add Colleen, I very much think that a temporary gain on 500 calories is water weight! I know that when I had a gain, just yesterday! It was water... had to be. The fat cells empty and fill with water until they empty and collapse. Water is heavy!! I also think those gains should be ignored, although I get aggravated! I just feel like if I am going to have those temporary gains, why not try eating more? It works for me. Drinking lots of water is something I do naturally so I know it is going to go away...

Last edited by Deb294evr; 09-12-2010 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: forgot something!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Im prepared too. I know I can't expect to go back to eating the way I did and maintain my loss....that's just crazy talk as much as I would love it to be true.

I'll be happy if I can eat a normal amount of food...the occasional indulgence and stay within my window. My issue will be to define occasional.

Here is a perfect example between me and a thin person. I made my son chocolate chip cookies yesterday. He loves them. They are sitting on a cake plate in the kitchen. I said to my son. You didn't eat your cookies? He said...Oh yah...I have to eat those cookies. REALLY???!!! I'd have had them for breakfast lunch and dinner yesterday and they'd be gone by now.. I'm not sure if I'll ever not think that way...but gee it would be nice!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenMA66 View Post
Im prepared too. I know I can't expect to go back to eating the way I did and maintain my loss....that's just crazy talk as much as I would love it to be true.

I'll be happy if I can eat a normal amount of food...the occasional indulgence and stay within my window. My issue will be to define occasional.

Here is a perfect example between me and a thin person. I made my son chocolate chip cookies yesterday. He loves them. They are sitting on a cake plate in the kitchen. I said to my son. You didn't eat your cookies? He said...Oh yah...I have to eat those cookies. REALLY???!!! I'd have had them for breakfast lunch and dinner yesterday and they'd be gone by now.. I'm not sure if I'll ever not think that way...but gee it would be nice!
Aren't naturally thin people with no food issues FUNNY PEOPLE??... God I love it!!! Wish it was me, and strive to get there someday!!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #80

I found this while doing a search for HHCG. Just thought it was interesting: Written by Kendra Pearsall, MD.

'This critic also states that homeopathic HCG does not provide enough HCG to actually work and the only weight loss that occurs is due to the 500 calorie diet which will actually cause harm to the hypothalamus for being on a very low calorie diet.

This is not true. The studies that compare those who go on a 500 calorie diet with and without the HCG hormone show that those who take the HCG experience little to no hunger, have a resculpting effect on the body, show more inches lost, show a large decrease in emotional eating and binge eating. This proves that the HCG hormone has a significant effect on the body. Furthermore, those who use homeopathic HCG also experience these same advantages.

Sometimes I visit HCG Forums and see people posting messages that Homeopathic HCG does not work. I ask them if they have used it or tried it on patients and the answer is always "No." I have not found a single critic who has had any experience with the Homeopathic version and I would love for any critics to show me their data if they have any that supports their views.

I fear that this protocol, as miraculous as it is, can be a bit cult-like and the people who use it can be quite dogmatic about following it exactly as Simeon's wrote in his HCG Bible. To me, this is dangerous, if we do not want to stay in the dark ages we always needs to be open to experimentation and continual improvement. In my medial opinion, there is much room for improvement on Simeon's protocol. In my book on Homeopathic HCG, I have added suggestions to his protocol to reflect what we know about biochemistry, physiology, physics and nutrition and most importantly, natural medicine in the 21st century and I hope to see his work continually improving as science advances.

Does Homeopathic Hormone treatment work? Yes it works and it works well. I observed a physician in Scottsdale, Arizona for three months and his specialty was using homeopathic hormone treatment for all sorts of hormone conditions. He had a waiting list of 6 months due to the efficacy of his therapies with no side-effects.

We are continually collecting data from those who have done both the full strength HCG and the homeopathic version and they are reporting to me that they are getting the same results from both versions. All the health care practitioners that I have spoken with who are using homeopathic HCG are also getting the same positive results."
Old 09-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

I felt way too good for my results to have just been from being on a low calorie diet. My mental state was awesome....I didn't feel tired....I wasn't feeling run down but the most important part was....I wasn't hungry. I am not a person that deals with hunger well....hence the weight issues most of my life.

I had great results with my hhcg and would recommend it in a heart beat. I think this diet just flies in the face of what we've been told on how to lose weight and that basically pisses people off....it can't be that simple!!! But maybe it can be?

I'm not brave enough to try to eat "normal" and take the hcg. I wish I were..maybe I could continue to lose and not be on a "diet" but I'm just to afraid at this point. I'm willing to go a little rogue but not full out rogue..lol

As for the people who for whatever reason can't or won't believe that this diet works and is effective....oh well. I just don't care what they think.....and I'll continue to not care all the way to my goal weight...thank you very much!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #82

isnt that the truth!! .. lol. I will do the same and laugh all the way to goal with you!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:32 AM   #83

quick fly by at work. Forgot to weigh until after I had my coffee and watermelon. Wt the same as yesterday at that time, so I am assuming a loss of some sort. Will remember tomorrow to weigh first.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #84

Forgot to add that yesterday's calories were much too much for P2, much more P3 like. 1700. Yikes! I added a few things I had last night and had forgotten. Experiment is back on... no way I can go back to 500 cals/day when I know I can lose eating more. And lose almost the same amount. It's crazy.

I wonder if anyone else is using the drops as an appetite suppressant while eating a basically normal diet. I do leave out the starches though, don't need them. I know I am not hungry when I allow more than 1200 cals/day and I still lose at least .5 to 1 pound a day. Probably because my weight is so high. Don't know, and won't question it anymore. I'm going to just hang on for the ride.

Yesterday and today after breakfast- 236.4.

Forgot to add that on July 4 I recorded my weight at 282. The highest it had ever been. Which is when I knew I HAD to try the HHCG. Thank god for that decision!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 09-13-2010 at 08:21 AM..
Old 09-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #85

back down to 1000 calories today. feel better on less food.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Hi Deb, just catching up what all youve written since I last got on.

I agree with everything you have said and I have to check out that Dr Kendra Pearsall.

Starch is totally a problem for me. I cant stop at 2 measly melba rounds, or 2 of the little breadsticks I found. This time no starch! I find when I want more of something I want more fruit which I am afraid of eating too much of. The only extra fruit I've had was the second half of the grapefruit or an extra apple so nothing too crazy.

Glad to see you are still going strong! KUTGW
Old 09-14-2010, 03:29 AM   #87

Thanks Sunny! Yes I am loving the fruit! I probably need to cut back on it to lose as well as I did on 500 cals. I think if I am going to increase my cals and still enjoy the quick loss, it will need to be more protein that I add, and less fruit. The tiny pcs of melba are not worth it to me.....lol..

Today's weight 234. a small .4 loss.. ate almost half a watermelon yesterday! yikes!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
.. ate almost half a watermelon yesterday! yikes!
I'm not a big fan of watermelon. I was going to say dont worry about the watermelon- its all water but then I looked and was shocked at the calories and carbs.

I'm sure it wont derail you- you seem to do so well on extra calories. I'm glad I dont care about it- theres more than half of one in my refrigerator that DH dragged home.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #89

oh yes! Watermelon is a favorite from my childhood so when it is in season and good, I have to have it... lol It is very sweet though, so yeah lots of carbs and cals...

I do seem to lose better on it though after it decides to leave me, it usually takes EXTRA with it !!.. That is what I am waiting on now... I have no doubt I will be down a pound or more tomorrow... that's my watermelon history...

The thing is when the summer fruit season is over, nothing really appeals to me fruit wise, so not a problem in the winter.. am not passionate about apples or oranges..
Old 09-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #90

Down another .4. Can't expect P2 losses eating double plus the amount of food. I have the answers to my experiment and that was my goal. So I am ending this journal with the knowledge that I can lose very well on HHCG, without hunger, and without the fear that Protocol has put into so many people, myself included in the beginning.

Oil on the hands will not make me gain. Oil in the makeup will not make me gain. One bite over the 500 calories, or eating something healthy but not on the list, will not make me gain. Mixing vegetables, or eating extra protein will not make me gain. There is so much fear on Protocol all these years later, even with new science, it boggles my mind. "don't question the plan, just do it" . Never mind that everyone is different.

The sad part to me is that the vets of this plan are making people even more fearful. "If you don't follow Protocol to a "T" then you will be set back weeks". That is just not true for everyone. Yet they are making it sound as if it was gospel. Scarey stuff. Especially when they don't practice what they preach. You can't gain all your wieght back by "following Protocol to a "T", yet it has happened.

It makes someone who just is plain hungry feel like a failure for wanting to eat. The last thing most of us want on these forums is to feel guilty. Isn't that part of what got us here in the first place?

So I'll just stay out of it and do my thing. Good luck to everyone with whatever plan you choose.
Closed Thread