Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
OH Susan you and your wonderful graphics!!.. love it!
Deb294evr is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #812
Major LCF Poster!
 
susique333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 55 years old, I live in Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 1,519
Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
OH Susan you and your wonderful graphics!!.. love it!
It came out a little too big tho, but I HAD to say it!
susique333 is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #813
Senior LCF Member
 
mistydisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 479
Gallery: mistydisa
Stats: 224/199/150
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: Sept. 30, 2010
LOL, Susan, love it!
mistydisa is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #814
Major LCF Poster!
 
Firm Hottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,830
Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
WONDERFUL!! so good to see you!!!

GOOD GOLLY that is an awesome LOSS!! Well done!!

I have to say that I do get to eat good food, but I really have to be careful! If I don't do a LOW cal day the day after good food, I have been doing the old stand still... or worse...

So DISCIPLINE!! is the name of the game for me... even If I DONT LIKE IT! ...
Not an awesome loss when you consider the boring stuff I've been eating, but I'll take it. I've got my Key West vacation coming up at the end of this month, so I'm playing it safe. You know the saying - better safe than sorry. I'll leave the rogue dieting to you for now.

I think the bolded section in your post is really important, and probably how a lot of leaner people eat naturally. They can enjoy those treats because they know for every up day, you need a down one. What seems to get the rest of us in trouble is that we keep following up days with more up days instead of down days.

I know that this was the case for me years ago when I lost 70 lbs. I could maintain that loss easily if I was good during the week - eating clean and working out, and letting loose on the weekends - eating and drinking what I wanted, and not working out. I did that for two years while my DH (then BF) lived four hours away and we only saw each other on weekends. It was when we got married and I moved up here that things fell apart for me. D'oh, I was eating and drinking like he was 7 days a week instead of just 2, so of course I gained weight! I've learned that lesson, and won't be repeating that mistake when I finally lose this extra flab - you can count on it!
Firm Hottie is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #815
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Not an awesome loss when you consider the boring stuff I've been eating, but I'll take it. I've got my Key West vacation coming up at the end of this month, so I'm playing it safe. You know the saying - better safe than sorry. I'll leave the rogue dieting to you for now.

I think the bolded section in your post is really important, and probably how a lot of leaner people eat naturally. They can enjoy those treats because they know for every up day, you need a down one. What seems to get the rest of us in trouble is that we keep following up days with more up days instead of down days.

I know that this was the case for me years ago when I lost 70 lbs. I could maintain that loss easily if I was good during the week - eating clean and working out, and letting loose on the weekends - eating and drinking what I wanted, and not working out. I did that for two years while my DH (then BF) lived four hours away and we only saw each other on weekends. It was when we got married and I moved up here that things fell apart for me. D'oh, I was eating and drinking like he was 7 days a week instead of just 2, so of course I gained weight! I've learned that lesson, and won't be repeating that mistake when I finally lose this extra flab - you can count on it!
That is my plan! When I finally get to goal this time, I will attempt to eat as a naturally thin person! WHOOAA!!! 10 years ago, I lost to goal and stayed there for 2 years also, but it was not maintained in a healthy way. Pretty much starving .. ugg.. so this time I know what to do, and will do it!

YES, I will do it this time! thank you HCG!

Try to enjoy your boring food, but I am sure it won't take you long to get to where you are going!!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #816
Senior LCF Member
 
mistydisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 479
Gallery: mistydisa
Stats: 224/199/150
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: Sept. 30, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
I think the bolded section in your post is really important, and probably how a lot of leaner people eat naturally. They can enjoy those treats because they know for every up day, you need a down one. What seems to get the rest of us in trouble is that we keep following up days with more up days instead of down days.

I know that this was the case for me years ago when I lost 70 lbs. I could maintain that loss easily if I was good during the week - eating clean and working out, and letting loose on the weekends - eating and drinking what I wanted, and not working out. I did that for two years while my DH (then BF) lived four hours away and we only saw each other on weekends. It was when we got married and I moved up here that things fell apart for me. D'oh, I was eating and drinking like he was 7 days a week instead of just 2, so of course I gained weight! I've learned that lesson, and won't be repeating that mistake when I finally lose this extra flab - you can count on it!
Exactly! And I heard somebody else say that recently...Dr. Oz, maybe? He said that naturally thin people know that if they indulge one day, they need to cut back the next. I have noticed that about my thin friends. When we go out to eat, sometimes they'll say that they need to order light since they ate a lot the day before. OR they'll skip the bread basket so they can order french fries.

I just never fell into that habit, but I'm going to now! My problem was enjoying the bread basket AND french fries, but then priding myself that I skipped the double decker double fudge brownie sundae. It still wasn't enough.
mistydisa is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #817
Senior LCF Member
 
capook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kaleefornia
Posts: 888
Gallery: capook
Stats: 325(highest)/275.4/140-150
WOE: HCG Rebel <3
Start Date: LC January 2003/LC Aug 2008 /HCG Sept.2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydisa View Post
Exactly! And I heard somebody else say that recently...Dr. Oz, maybe? He said that naturally thin people know that if they indulge one day, they need to cut back the next. I have noticed that about my thin friends. When we go out to eat, sometimes they'll say that they need to order light since they ate a lot the day before. OR they'll skip the bread basket so they can order french fries.

I just never fell into that habit, but I'm going to now! My problem was enjoying the bread basket AND french fries, but then priding myself that I skipped the double decker double fudge brownie sundae. It still wasn't enough.
When I was pregnant my body just worked right & that is exactly how I would eat without even thinking about it. I hope I'm on my way to that again, I sure haven't been exessively hungry
capook is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #818
Major LCF Poster!
 
Firm Hottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,830
Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That is my plan! When I finally get to goal this time, I will attempt to eat as a naturally thin person! WHOOAA!!! 10 years ago, I lost to goal and stayed there for 2 years also, but it was not maintained in a healthy way. Pretty much starving .. ugg.. so this time I know what to do, and will do it!

YES, I will do it this time! thank you HCG!

Try to enjoy your boring food, but I am sure it won't take you long to get to where you are going!!!
Yep, I'll be right there with ya on the up day, down day plan of eating when I get to goal. Isn't it funny how it's so common sense, but somehow a bunch of us didn't get it until now?

Actually, my food isn't that boring, but even a yummy taco salad with cheese, jalapeños and salsa just doesn't stack up on the yumminess scale to a Klondike bar!

Tonight I'm totally indulging in a steak fajita salad, complete with blue cheese crumbles and sweet pepper vinaigrette for dinner. I love how I can do that with my plan and still lose weight! There's defuinitely more than one way to skin a cat, that's for sure!

I just finished my weight workout, so I better go and get my protein in to feed my muscles. They're hungry after working so hard!
Firm Hottie is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #819
Major LCF Poster!
 
susique333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 55 years old, I live in Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 1,519
Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Tonight I'm totally indulging in a steak fajita salad, complete with blue cheese crumbles and sweet pepper vinaigrette for dinner. I love how I can do that with my plan and still lose weight! There's defuinitely more than one way to skin a cat, that's for sure!
My favorite! DH grilled steaks last week and I saved myself a big one, sliced it to make my steak salads. I buy the big container of blue cheese at Costco, so i always have it on hand. I like the stronger flavors, a little goes a long ways. Nummmmmers!
susique333 is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #820
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
RIBS
Tyl is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #821
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,411
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
hello today has been super busy. But i am down 1.6 lbs!! yeah! <happy snoopy dance> hope everyone has a nice release in the morning. good night
Jenmay78 is online now  
Old 10-07-2010, 03:47 AM   #822
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by capook View Post
When I was pregnant my body just worked right & that is exactly how I would eat without even thinking about it. I hope I'm on my way to that again, I sure haven't been exessively hungry

LUCKY GIRL!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Yep, I'll be right there with ya on the up day, down day plan of eating when I get to goal. Isn't it funny how it's so common sense, but somehow a bunch of us didn't get it until now?

Actually, my food isn't that boring, but even a yummy taco salad with cheese, jalapeños and salsa just doesn't stack up on the yumminess scale to a Klondike bar!

Tonight I'm totally indulging in a steak fajita salad, complete with blue cheese crumbles and sweet pepper vinaigrette for dinner. I love how I can do that with my plan and still lose weight! There's defuinitely more than one way to skin a cat, that's for sure!

I just finished my weight workout, so I better go and get my protein in to feed my muscles. They're hungry after working so hard!
Awesome food AND workout! You go girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
My favorite! DH grilled steaks last week and I saved myself a big one, sliced it to make my steak salads. I buy the big container of blue cheese at Costco, so i always have it on hand. I like the stronger flavors, a little goes a long ways. Nummmmmers!
OH my lord that sounds awesome!! grilled steaks cannot be beat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
RIBS
BOY WERE THEY DELICIOUS!!! thanks for putting it in my head!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
hello today has been super busy. But i am down 1.6 lbs!! yeah! <happy snoopy dance> hope everyone has a nice release in the morning. good night
YOU are on FIRE GIRL!! keep up the great work, I'm so jealous!!...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 03:58 AM   #823
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Ok, I am THRILLED this morning, I did peek at the scale and tomorrow will be my official weigh in since I will be out of town on Saturday, so I HOPE this sticks....

I had a fairly high cal day for me, and VLCARB day. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! Ribs in the crockpot with a dry rub and some homemade low carb BBQ sauce.. to die for... I don't have the recipe because my neighbor made it, but I want it now!

I also had the crack slaw and it was heavenly! I ate like a QUEEN and I know I lost weight.. even more than on my VLCAL days... of course I know Low Carb works, but I was on an awful stand still for so long, I almost gave up.

I think me shaking things up in my menu is helping me succeed more than I ever realized. ( Plus the JUICE of course!!! ) I don't have an actual plan that I stick to, more by the seat of my pants, but ALWAYS follow a high day with a low day... and it is working!!!!!!! So pumped up about it!

PATI!!! hon are you out there anywhere yet? I am thinking of you!! hope you are ok, and feeling better!!!

This is my last day of work for this week, off tomorrow for my adventure so I have much to do. Of course you know me by now and I am going to be checking in!!!... Have a great day everyone!!
__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #824
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb,
lorettahd is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #825
Big Yapper!!!!
 
tempted_by_food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 7,700
Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Hope you have a great day at work am looking forward to hearing what your scales say tomorrow
tempted_by_food is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:07 AM   #826
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Deb,

Goooood Morning Lo!!!!.. hope you have a wonderful and SUCCESSFUL DAY!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Hope you have a great day at work am looking forward to hearing what your scales say tomorrow
Hi TBF!!! Thank you dear, and I hope so too, if it at least HOLDS, I will be very happy! I think not recording it everyday makes it just seem more..but I'll take it!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 AM   #827
Big Yapper!!!!
 
tempted_by_food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 7,700
Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
You early bird you!! I gotta say I love coming on here and you being here in the early morning as most of the people are usually in bed when am here the time difference and all also I have to say I love your job
tempted_by_food is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #828
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
You early bird you!! I gotta say I love coming on here and you being here in the early morning as most of the people are usually in bed when am here the time difference and all also I have to say I love your job
Awe good to see you too, what time is it over there?.... I love my job also, because they love me...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:21 AM   #829
Big Yapper!!!!
 
tempted_by_food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 7,700
Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Lunchtime 1.20 had a late brekki so no lunch for this girl yet lol well Deb of course they love you what's not to love
tempted_by_food is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:22 AM   #830
Senior LCF Member
 
LosingKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sin City
Posts: 619
Gallery: LosingKitty
Stats: 298/206.5/145
So you're going to keep us in suspense huh?

Ok, ok I guess I can wait for the official announcement!

Great that you are still doing so good, and you sound so happy! Cool!
LosingKitty is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #831
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Lunchtime 1.20 had a late brekki so no lunch for this girl yet lol well Deb of course they love you what's not to love
AWEEE you are just too sweet!! thanks hon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingKitty View Post
So you're going to keep us in suspense huh?

Ok, ok I guess I can wait for the official announcement!

Great that you are still doing so good, and you sound so happy! Cool!
Hi Sunny! .. Yes, I am going to keep to my official annoucement, but I am squirming in my seat trying to keep my fingers from typing more...

I am happy, because FINALLY I have found what works for me.. it only took nearly 45 years, but I FOUND IT!!

Hope your plan is treating you well!!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:49 AM   #832
Senior LCF Member
 
LosingKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sin City
Posts: 619
Gallery: LosingKitty
Stats: 298/206.5/145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hope your plan is treating you well!!!
Its not my plans fault- I just cant stay the course lately. Hard to get back into gear for long lately......or even a few days sad to say.

Yes, I am mistreating my plan!

I'll be on vacation in 26 hours so ......I'll be good starting uh....Monday the 18th if not before and hopefully in between.
LosingKitty is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #833
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingKitty View Post
Its not my plans fault- I just cant stay the course lately. Hard to get back into gear for long lately......or even a few days sad to say.

Yes, I am mistreating my plan!

I'll be on vacation in 26 hours so ......I'll be good starting uh....Monday the 18th if not before and hopefully in between.
OH Sunny! we have all been there at one time or another! Enjoy your vacation!!...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!
 
Selahgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,080
Gallery: Selahgal
WOE: Healthy LCHF
Start Date: To Be Determined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Ok, I am THRILLED this morning, I did peek at the scale and tomorrow will be my official weigh in since I will be out of town on Saturday, so I HOPE this sticks....

I had a fairly high cal day for me, and VLCARB day. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! Ribs in the crockpot with a dry rub and some homemade low carb BBQ sauce.. to die for... I don't have the recipe because my neighbor made it, but I want it now!

I also had the crack slaw and it was heavenly! I ate like a QUEEN and I know I lost weight.. even more than on my VLCAL days... of course I know Low Carb works, but I was on an awful stand still for so long, I almost gave up.

I think me shaking things up in my menu is helping me succeed more than I ever realized. ( Plus the JUICE of course!!! ) I don't have an actual plan that I stick to, more by the seat of my pants, but ALWAYS follow a high day with a low day... and it is working!!!!!!! So pumped up about it!
So Deb, when you're not doing your VLCD days are you doing low carb/high cal or high carb/high cal or what? Are you counting up both your carbs AND your calories? Also on 'high' days are you allowing yourself P3 foods or just more P2 foods?

Even by the seat of your pants, inquiring minds want to know!
Selahgal is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #835
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selahgal View Post
So Deb, when you're not doing your VLCD days are you doing low carb/high cal or high carb/high cal or what? Are you counting up both your carbs AND your calories? Also on 'high' days are you allowing yourself P3 foods or just more P2 foods?

Even by the seat of your pants, inquiring minds want to know!
Hi Marci!!

Well it has been going like this... High day- whatever I want to eat including carbs, I don't count anything before putting it in ******, that is the only reason I know what the cals/carbs are. I don't plan my high days, I just eat... Sort of P4 ish.

After a day like that ( which is usually on weekends!) I have a VLCAL day. That would consist of P2 foods, that I usually eat, and have posted here before, but pretty strict eating. My cals usually come in around 700 or so, because I always have extra protein.

My VLCARB days are after a VLCAL day. That would be a day like yesterday where I had mostly Atkins type foods, don't care about the fats, but the carbs are very low, like less than 10. More P3 eating I guess?

I try to vary these kinds of days so I don't have 2 in a row of any of them, except maybe the VLCAL P2 type of day. I can try to do a couple of those in a row to see a nice loss.

Like I said, it really is seat of the pants, but I sort of have a plan...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #836
Major LCF Poster!
 
Selahgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,080
Gallery: Selahgal
WOE: Healthy LCHF
Start Date: To Be Determined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hi Marci!!

Well it has been going like this... High day- whatever I want to eat including carbs, I don't count anything before putting it in ******, that is the only reason I know what the cals/carbs are. I don't plan my high days, I just eat... Sort of P4 ish.

After a day like that ( which is usually on weekends!) I have a VLCAL day. That would consist of P2 foods, that I usually eat, and have posted here before, but pretty strict eating. My cals usually come in around 700 or so, because I always have extra protein.

My VLCARB days are after a VLCAL day. That would be a day like yesterday where I had mostly Atkins type foods, don't care about the fats, but the carbs are very low, like less than 10. More P3 eating I guess?

I try to vary these kinds of days so I don't have 2 in a row of any of them, except maybe the VLCAL P2 type of day. I can try to do a couple of those in a row to see a nice loss.

Like I said, it really is seat of the pants, but I sort of have a plan...
HA. I just read all this on the other thread and forgot where I was ... well, I always forget where I am anyhow. Thanks!
Selahgal is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #837
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 7,072
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Can't wait to hear your results, Deb! You're doing great!
Gilded Lily is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #838
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,556
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Can't wait to hear your results, Deb! You're doing great!
Thank you Brenda!! So are you!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 10-07-2010 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: never mind
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
cookie34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lake Elsinore, Ca
Posts: 3,907
Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydisa View Post
Exactly! And I heard somebody else say that recently...Dr. Oz, maybe? He said that naturally thin people know that if they indulge one day, they need to cut back the next. I have noticed that about my thin friends. When we go out to eat, sometimes they'll say that they need to order light since they ate a lot the day before. OR they'll skip the bread basket so they can order french fries.

I just never fell into that habit, but I'm going to now! My problem was enjoying the bread basket AND french fries, but then priding myself that I skipped the double decker double fudge brownie sundae. It still wasn't enough.
I heard that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Ok, I am THRILLED this morning, I did peek at the scale and tomorrow will be my official weigh in since I will be out of town on Saturday, so I HOPE this sticks....

I had a fairly high cal day for me, and VLCARB day. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! Ribs in the crockpot with a dry rub and some homemade low carb BBQ sauce.. to die for... I don't have the recipe because my neighbor made it, but I want it now!

I also had the crack slaw and it was heavenly! I ate like a QUEEN and I know I lost weight.. even more than on my VLCAL days... of course I know Low Carb works, but I was on an awful stand still for so long, I almost gave up.

I think me shaking things up in my menu is helping me succeed more than I ever realized. ( Plus the JUICE of course!!! ) I don't have an actual plan that I stick to, more by the seat of my pants, but ALWAYS follow a high day with a low day... and it is working!!!!!!! So pumped up about it!

PATI!!! hon are you out there anywhere yet? I am thinking of you!! hope you are ok, and feeling better!!!

This is my last day of work for this week, off tomorrow for my adventure so I have much to do. Of course you know me by now and I am going to be checking in!!!... Have a great day everyone!!
OMG... can't wait for the big announcement!
cookie34 is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 03:04 AM   #840
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,223
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Good morning Deb, waiting for the big announcement..
shari is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.