Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
whoops.. i need to read my notes before i post!!.. it's not 10 pounds in 10 days, since I started back on P2 Aug 12.. duhh..... its 10 pounds in 18 days.. not bad, but not P2 good!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenMA66
Stats: 227/???/147ish I think?
WOE: HCG/Hunger Scale WLA
Start Date: December 1 2008
Morning Deb!

I continue to be amazed at your story. I can't even begin to explain it. I've read on other threads where someone at a peanut on p4 and gained 2 lbs over night so I don't know.

The fact that you have lost and not gained 15lbs is amazing to me.

I'm down again today 1.4 I have one week left then on to p3.

Your system is going to go into shock when you go back to p2..lol But I agree with you....the whole point is to learn to eat healthy most of the time. No one is going to be perfect. I'm not even going to attempt it...but if I eat healthy 80% of the time I think I can indulge every so often and not feel guilty over it....wouldn't that be something!

Have a great day!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #33

Hi Colleen, You are doing GREAT!!! Keep it up!!!

I Know, I am skeered to go to P2 kinda, what a shock it will be! I hope I don't go into a stand still once I cut my calories way back. I am going to do it though, because I want to shake things up some.

I am assuming that at least the first week, I should lose well, because of so few calories. The thing is I want to be able to keep going down and maintain that new loss also. This is all going to be an experiment it looks like. I am not doing things the way I should have, but totally by accident did I find this result. Time will tell how it goes.

I also have been reading how one thing off plan for some is resulting in big gains, how is that even possible? It is like it was on low carb. One slip up and you get a gain. It really should not be that way in real life. That is one of the benefits I am loving.

Naturally thin people in real life ( my sister!) eat like this. They may indulge one day, but the next they will cut back effortlessly to make up for it. They are just not as hungry so it all evens out.

I love watching her eat, and it is so not fair that she can eat whatever she wants and when she is not comfortable any longer, she just stops. No matter what is left. I want to do that too...

That is why I say I have to stop eating crap. It is like I am testing myself to see how far I can go... well that is dumb and not going to get me anywhere long term. So today, one step at a time. Eat when I am hungry, and then stop when I am comfortable.. IE principles.. no more junk today. My stomach sort of hurts from the chili beans. They don't like me...
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I agree with you. I just answered a question on the main hcg thread about what I do.

I do increase my protein to make up for not having the food I don't want. Someone posted that no you don't increase. I have and I've been ok so far so I'm going to continue what seems to be working for me. I have no idea when it will stop but so far it is.

I have watched some people gain over what seems to be nothing. I can't figure it out.

This is what I think actually.....we all have food sensitivities...they may be minor or severe. Unless you know what they are and accept them and live within those parameters this is what happens....you have a gain. I think a lot of people are sensitive to starch....way more than they want to admit. I don't want to be sensitive to it either..lol but I am..very...makes me blow up like a blow fish.

It's going to have to be a personal choice for me everyday....do I want to gain....or keep the weight off. I'm hoping most days I'll choose healthy.

You have proven that everyone is different...and we are. What is working for me might not work for anyone else....might just work for me. Same with you. I doubt I could do what you are doing and keep losing.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #35

Very true!! WE are all so different, and who knows what will work for each of us. I believe like you do, we have to walk our own path. Do what works for us. I believe we can take suggestions from others, but if it does not work for us, then don't do it!

You have found what works for you, so don't let anyone tell you not to do it. I see you won't! Smart girl!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
We ARE all so very different. Your results are so interesting to me. You are a brave lady! I wish you much luck on your journey!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #37

Thank you Brenda! I am more of a clueless woman ...

I stumbled on to something that is working for me right now.. the thing with experiments is that you never know the end result...hopefully i won't regret it!!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #38

One of my co workers just sent this in an email to explain why it is important to load to another co worker, I was just copied on it.

I had never heard it put this way before. I thought loading was for hunger. This MAY explain somewhat why I am losing weight while taking my drops and eating alot of fat... or maybe not?.. lol

"If you don’t do the fat load with the HCG you will not be able to do this, you will be hungry all the time. Doing the fat load is what tricks your hypothalamus into burning the fat stored in your body. You have to fat load! You will waste your time and money if you don’t. The diet won’t work."
Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Interesting. I know my body loves fat!!! I honestly felt right at home on lc with all the yummy fat and fatty meat.

My son is grossed out that I eat the fat and the skin on meat. That's ok....more for me!

Deb you are on homeopathic right? I wonder if there is anything different on how our bodies respond to the homeopathic as opposed to the shots.

I thought for my second round I would try the shots but I'm thinking not so much now. I like the drops I'm taking and I think I have enough for my next round. I'm about half way through my bottle.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #40

Yes I am on the homeopathic drops and I really love them. I honestly do think there is something different in how we react to the RX vs. The HHCG.

I think you have to be much more strict on the RX which is what the protocol was based on. Of course that is just my opinion. This is working, so no RX for me! I like that I won't become immune to them also.. very important in doing shorter cycles..
Old 08-31-2010, 03:41 AM   #41

Stayed the same this morning. I opened a new bottle of drops last night and they taste wierd. I bought them from the same place as my first bottle, but the ingredients read differently. Looks the same, but definately don't taste the same. ICK. Oh well, I will continue on....
Old 09-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #42

ok, I made a couple of changes since yesterday. Yesterday was the first day I decided not to take the drops. They tasted so icky, and I wanted to see if it made any difference in my experiment here.

SO, I had 2225 cals yesterday, my first day off the drops and lost 2 pounds. I am really scratching my head now, because this tells me nothing...

When I take the drops, I lose, when I don't take the drops I lose. I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!! but it is really not giving me any idea of what is happening inside my body...

Do the drops help weight loss? Do they have no effect? I cannot tell.. 243 today. I am really just amazed is all. Especially since I could not lose a pound in 2 years that would stay off.

I DO think they have reset my set point to a much lower number than I had been at for 2 years. Of course that was steroid weight, and maybe mostly water floating around in my fat cells??? Not sure.

I do know that I will stay off the drops until I start loading for round 2 of P2 next week. I am not sure I will get any kind of answers to my experiment, but I do know I love the weight loss while eating over 2,000 cals /day.

Still pondering if this means anything or nothing...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LosingKitty
Stats: 298/206.5/145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I do know that I will stay off the drops until I start loading for round 2 of P2 next week. I am not sure I will get any kind of answers to my experiment, but I do know I love the weight loss while eating over 2,000 cals /day.

So you are only going to do one week of no drops? I'm really interested in what happens with you. I just hope I can get into a losing "wave" too!

New name, new Avatar, same Sunny, dont ask :blush:
Old 09-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #44

HAHA.. Hey Sunny! yes, I am only going to do 1 week of no drops, because I am anxious to get this in high gear and lose for 3 weeks straight! Now I'm not going to be very happy if I hit a stand still or gain during my P2, AT ALL...

I just want to see if for ME, it is necessary to go so low in calories while on the drops to lose weight. If I do, then I do. HOWEVER, if I don't lose as well on the 500 cals as I am now, then I know something aint right in this bod...

I won't ask what happened, cuz I think I know.. the powers that be, are far reaching .... Good luck getting back into the swing of things!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
ok, I made a couple of changes since yesterday. Yesterday was the first day I decided not to take the drops. They tasted so icky, and I wanted to see if it made any difference in my experiment here.

SO, I had 2225 cals yesterday, my first day off the drops and lost 2 pounds. I am really scratching my head now, because this tells me nothing...

When I take the drops, I lose, when I don't take the drops I lose. I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!! but it is really not giving me any idea of what is happening inside my body...

Do the drops help weight loss? Do they have no effect? I cannot tell.. 243 today. I am really just amazed is all. Especially since I could not lose a pound in 2 years that would stay off.

I DO think they have reset my set point to a much lower number than I had been at for 2 years. Of course that was steroid weight, and maybe mostly water floating around in my fat cells??? Not sure.

If it's hhcg, the drops take 48 hours to leave your system.

Also, if your weight gain was due to steroids, I have heard that it comes off differently. Read on the Simeon's board on this week's thread. It's very interesting!

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #46

Yes, I read there every day, just don't post much because I am not really following the plan right now. Although I WILL again next week!

I know the drops are supposed to stay in your system for 48 hours, in which case, the loss could still be tied to the drops.. on such a short down time, I really can't make a good conclusion. However, during my 2 weeks of no drops on P3, I did not lose weight like this. I stayed the same or went up and down 2 pounds, never more.

I really do think the steriod gain comes off differently, but that gain was from 257 to 280.. today I am at 243. So I am getting some sort of boost from this.. something is happening.. I just don't know what..
Old 09-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
I am still watching you I am thinking of starting, but we are going on a cruise on the 20th. Not sure if I could do it before the cruise if I am going to be eating on the cruise. I was planning on using the cruise to load... but your results have me really thinking.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #48

hahaha..Sheryl .. well I'm glad you are watching and I honestly don't know what is happening, I'm just reporting the facts and trying to figure out WHY..

I'm throwing out ideas, but I really don't know...I hope someone else has similar results someday, so I know I am not going crazy...

As for your cruise.. man that would be THE PERFECT LOAD! omgosh I wish I had a cruise to load on..

Since I am pretty sure you need to do the drops for 23 days at least, it probably won't work for you to do beforehand IF you are going to follow the protocol.

What do I know though?....I'm the guinea pig here..
Old 09-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

maybe I will try my own experiment.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:39 AM   #50

ooooohhhh go for it! Would love to see your results! It's lonely in this test tube...
Old 09-02-2010, 02:46 AM   #51

Speaking of test tube ..... yesterday 243, no drops for the day and a 2 pound loss. ( drops still technically in my system for 48 hours)

This morning, back up a pound, nothing different in my cal intake, only thing different is I am up an hour earlier.. could be water weight. No conclusion.

Tomorrow will be the end of the 48 hours no drops....I am interested in seeing if there is any kind of weight change tomorrow. I will aim for the same calories today, just to keep that part of the experiment consistant...around 2200 cals/day keep me happy..
Old 09-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #52

Ok so this morning I am noticing something I have not felt in a long time. H U N G E R!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!... go away!!!! ....

I think I am going to go over my 2200 today with the start I have already had. UGG... I am just really hungry today. I don't like that. On the drops, even not on the plan, I was not hungry. I ate what I wanted, but never finished my plate. Now I finished it and want more!!!.. This is not good..

It is kind of a hint that the drops do control hunger. In some way. I remember when I loaded last time I just was not hungry enough to enjoy it. This is similar. When I was on the drops and eating whatever, I really did not enjoy the extra stuff I used to love.

Today, oh my gosh... I could load like a pig and if I knew I wouldn't gain, I would enjoy it...

Thank god I am back on the drops Sunday, I definately feel out of control today.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Ugh! I hate that out of control feeling! Been there a couple times this week. I really think the drops are stopping the hunger- too many of us feel that way. I'm never hungry I just want.

I really wonder why we couldnt just stay on the drops all the time. Hey they are only the essence of HCG they say.

I only hope I catch what you have (had?)
Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #54

I think we CAN stay on the drops indefinately, they do have just the essence.. I honestly think they control hunger. Now eating 500 cals the first few days, I know I have real hunger, but after that, no, it is WANT.

I think if I stay on the drops, through P2, P3 and if I decide P4 again, i will control my hunger, and continue to stabilize then lose more.. that is my theory that I am working on. I will know this next round, because I am not going off the drops for P3 this time.

Good luck to you!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #55

So not happy today. I am up another .6. So, I'm going back on the drops today and loading the next 2 days. I hate gaining, and I hate being hungry.

I can't believe how much I ate yesterday, I couldnt even keep track. So if I am going to pig out, I am going to load and be ready to go in 2 days.

Heading out of town to Adam's concert, so I'll check back in on Sunday.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Oh Lucky you! Out of town trip and Adam!!

Have a great time.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #57

Seeing Adam was fantastic as usual... lol I met him last time in Springfield, this time I was so worn out from standing the entire time that I just went back to the hotel... the funny thing is that He and the band were staying at our hotel! So cool... we passed each other going in and out.. fun..

As for my experiment.. I know for SURE that the drops control my hunger. There is no doubt in my mind anymore. I started back on the drops and have been loading for the last day and a half. Tomorrow I start round 2. I honestly cannot wait, because I know I am loading correctly this time. On lots of fat! Plus my mind is ready again... so after gaining 3 pounds so far, I am ready to get it off!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #58

Loaded like a pig yesterday, could not fit one more bite in me.. ugg.. that feels so horrible.. this morning I was down 4 pounds. Got on the scale again a while later to see if it was correct.

I really would like someone to explain to me how this could possibly happen. I told my husband this morning to get on the scale because it had to be broken. He said it was fine, he weighed the same as always.

I honestly don't understand this. I had coffee with cream, a big ribeye, half a watermelon, a whole canteloupe, 2 klondike bars, 2 chicken thigh and legs with skin, 10 tempura shrimp fried, 6 donuts, 2 slices ham with a slice of cheese sandwhich. I could not eat anymore than that.

The only thing I can figure out is that when I travel I always retain water, and I did gain 3 pounds while in DesMoines. Then maybe I got rid of the water weight and still was down a pound. I have been taking the drops since Friday I think? I have no hunger today at all. I have not been able to eat yet.

I would really like to understand how you can lose weight eating like that. I can only imagine that if I have a gain tomorrow, or don't lose much, it is just a delayed thing. I guess I will see. For now I won't argue too much.

Or maybe I just stablilized really well and now I am at the weight I have reset to? ..hummm...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

WOW 4 pounds after all that!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Deb,
Glad you had a good time.
What I eat doesn't show up (or down) on the scale for 2 days it seems.
Still I wish I could catch what you've got!

It will be interesting to see how this P2 goes for you, KUTGW
Closed Thread