Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #4321
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Good Morning Dessa and Meek!!! hope today is wonderful.. well it will be if you make it that way right?...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #4322

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
How much have you released girl????
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #4323
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Deb & Fam

Hope everyone is doing well!

MEEK - SOOO HAPPY NO GOV'T SHUTDOWN!!!

Deb, congrats on the losses. How did you net out week 1 total?

Man your journal is on fire lady
Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #4324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quezsmom
Stats: 322/278.2/225 HT-5"11
WOE: Completing HCG R1-P1-P4
Start Date: JAN 13 2013
Good morning all... to early to post, will be back later!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #4325

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Hey deb. Hope you had a great weekend

How you feeling on pplan?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #4326

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Deb & Fam

Thanks Girl. So am I, but I could've used a couple days off . How are you doing?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #4327
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Thanks Girl. So am I, but I could've used a couple days off . How are you doing?
Well...I am up a bit (1lb) but still well within my window. Like I posted in the P3 thread, I think I have a hard time eating (yea insane I know! :P) during the weekend. I for some reason have more coffee than usual which in turn makes me not wanna eat I also don't get in water like I should...

Still within my window tho so it's all good. Today's meals are:
coffee w/h&h
4 bacon slices (yum)
bunless burger w/cheese
STEAK WITH FAT! Can you tell by the capitalization that I love this?!?!?

Keeping the carbs EXTREMELY LOW just for today.

I was starting to freak out. I am on vacation from the 18th through the 22nd. I thought OMG I will be on VLCDs while on vacation. Realized I am still ok. I'll be in P3 during my vacation and the weekend after I get to LOAD

How are you doing Meek?

Deb where is you?!?!?!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #4328

Quote:
How much have you released girl????
9 pounds first week with my personal tweaks...

Quote:
Deb & Fam

Just a 9 pounder... 186 today.. I will take it since I was not real good..
How was your P3 weekend???
YES my journal is on fire and I LOVE IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Hey deb. Hope you had a great weekend

How you feeling on pplan?
Hi Jackie, I am doing really well now as far as being in a groove. I know what I should eat and I am doing it! Not TOO much, but not TOO little either.. definately NOT P2 strict, but something I can live with.

This is why I say to people don't have so much fear in doing this plan... things have changed over the years, and tweaks will NOT CAUSE YOU TO TURN INTO A GOB OF FLUBBER!!! It just does not happen if you are wise about it.

No, you can't go crazy and eat all you want.. duhhh.. .but you CAN mix veges, have other veges, have other meats, add some fats, etc etc and not blow up! I have proven that to myself again! Especially with the RX.. I was kinda worried.. NOT NOW!!!

Will I stabilize ( that is the thing that most people throw at you for fear ) I SAY YES!!! I did just fine before, I will again... no worries..

Hope you all are having a marvelous day!!! I will check back when I can
Old 04-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #4329
Big Yapper!!!!

WOOHOO! 9lbs is fantastic.

I think my next round will be rogue. I will take after my MIL
Old 04-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #4330

Quote:
WOOHOO! 9lbs is fantastic.

I think my next round will be rogue. I will take after my MIL
YOU GO GIRL!!.... love it!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #4331

Pati you are dong FANTASTIC!! way to maintain girl!! Enjoy that nice fatty meat... oh yum!!!.. I actually had some sirloin yesterday for lunch, WITH some fat... and it was good..

I do miss bacon, but I will wait for that..

Enjoy your vacation!!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #4332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Started back after a month off-I had the idea that perhaps I was taking too much/or too often on the suggested dose of drops. Felt lousy most of the time.
So this time began with once a day in am, after a couple days added an afternoon dose. So now am using 2X a day 15 drops. Will see what happens, so far I feel ok. Am probably going to be eating 800-1000 cals, low carb.
If this works out ok I am just going to stay on the drops or pellets, I have about enough for 4 months. Then will see.
Sure needs to be fine tuned for each of us-congrats on your progress, Deb.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #4333

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Started back after a month off-I had the idea that perhaps I was taking too much/or too often on the suggested dose of drops. Felt lousy most of the time.
So this time began with once a day in am, after a couple days added an afternoon dose. So now am using 2X a day 15 drops. Will see what happens, so far I feel ok. Am probably going to be eating 800-1000 cals, low carb.
If this works out ok I am just going to stay on the drops or pellets, I have about enough for 4 months. Then will see.
Sure needs to be fine tuned for each of us-congrats on your progress, Deb.
Thank you nitenurse! I agree with you completely... what works for one, may not work for another, which is why it is so important to step out and try different things for yourself... you really just never know.

If anyone tries to follow another completely and fails at first.. they may never know what WOULD work for them.. EXPERIMENT...

Hope you do wonderful !!!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #4334

Quote:
9 pounds first week with my personal tweaks...
Dang! You girl girl...!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #4335

Quote:
Dang! You girl girl...!
Thanks Meek, I think I have found my SWEET SPOT on dosage AND food. Love it!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #4336
Senior LCF Member

:blush:
I am just not having a good day. i am bloated, gassy, my stomach is cramping a little. I have no clue why, it not my TOM time. Mom finally says to me, you know youve been eating a lot of green peppers, they make you gassy...
OMG i wish she had told me this like earlier in the week. I have eaten green peppers at every meal. When i go do some research on line, it says many veggies are gassy, including onion which i have eaten everyday too.. OMG. Plus i am already kinda predisposed to hold onto to gas for some reason. ( just full of hot air right ) UGH!
okay, im done venting.. so hows everyone?

Deb, way to go girl 9lbs!

Pati.. high 5 on stablizing so well in p3

Nitenurse, good on ya mate, find what work for you! some times it take a little experimenting.

Meek/Disneyprinces how you guys doing?

marva
Old 04-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #4337

Quote:
Originally Posted by quezsmom View Post
:blush:
I am just not having a good day. i am bloated, gassy, my stomach is cramping a little. I have no clue why, it not my TOM time. Mom finally says to me, you know youve been eating a lot of green peppers, they make you gassy...
OMG i wish she had told me this like earlier in the week. I have eaten green peppers at every meal. When i go do some research on line, it says many veggies are gassy, including onion which i have eaten everyday too.. OMG. Plus i am already kinda predisposed to hold onto to gas for some reason. ( just full of hot air right ) UGH!
okay, im done venting.. so hows everyone?

Deb, way to go girl 9lbs!

Pati.. high 5 on stablizing so well in p3

Nitenurse, good on ya mate, find what work for you! some times it take a little experimenting.

Meek/Disneyprinces how you guys doing?

marva
MARVA IS GASSY!! News at 11 !!! Hey girl, join the crowd at our house! I too, have felt bloated and gassy this weekend, and I know why.. cabbage... peppers.... onion.... oh yes, the culprits!!!

Just give it a couple of days without those veges and it should BLOW AWAY... In the meantime, what can we do? I don't know...but I just took some pain meds because I can't stand the stomach ache I am having from it...

ANYWAY!... hang tight my dear, everything will work out and the week will be great!!...
Old 04-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #4338
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
MARVA IS GASSY!! News at 11 !!! Hey girl, join the crowd at our house! I too, have felt bloated and gassy this weekend, and I know why.. cabbage... peppers.... onion.... oh yes, the culprits!!!

Just give it a couple of days without those veges and it should BLOW AWAY... In the meantime, what can we do? I don't know...but I just took some pain meds because I can't stand the stomach ache I am having from it...

ANYWAY!... hang tight my dear, everything will work out and the week will be great!!...
omg I hope so! I think i am finally coming to terms with the fact that I have to gage my weight now by once a week at the end, just one total sum, otherwise i go crazy with my ups/downs.

oh and try Chamomile or peppermint tea, they are really good for gas/bloating. I try to avoid medicines if I can take something natural that works. So far the chamomile works everytime. So does the peppermint, but i dont like the taste of it.

Marva ...thanks Deb (wish we had a chat room!)
Old 04-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #4339

Quote:
omg I hope so! I think i am finally coming to terms with the fact that I have to gage my weight now by once a week at the end, just one total sum, otherwise i go crazy with my ups/downs.

oh and try Chamomile or peppermint tea, they are really good for gas/bloating. I try to avoid medicines if I can take something natural that works. So far the chamomile works everytime. So does the peppermint, but i dont like the taste of it.

Marva ...thanks Deb (wish we had a chat room!)
AWE you are welcome ... and YES TEA... darn, well I do have some for when I get home... great idea..

I think there is a chat room on this site, but I have never used it, and don't know anything about how to....
Old 04-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #4340
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NAVARA2011
WOE: hhcg and JUDDD
Thanks you guys for your warm welcome.

So, today is day 2.
I am doing the JUDD system as a trial, so am having 500 on down days and around 1200 on up days - that's today, yay.

I did get thru yesterday at 500 ish. such a revelation for me.
Cannot weigh till I get to work this afternoon, don't have scales at home. So will see over the week how it pans out.

A couple of tips I have for you, things I have used to help with hunger.

Glucomannan (NOW -brand ) 575mg , it is a bulk forming fibre, I just take a couple in the morning if need to, gets you to lunch if you are doing the protocol and not eating early.

POWERPOPS - Love these, had such a job getting these imported from USA to NZ - took nearly 2 months. They are large lollypops, HOODIA is in them for appetite control and they have vitamins etc also, and they really do work, only 32 cal and 4 grams carb. They did not mess my losses up either, I had one of these instead of the apple. They take about half hour to eat, so keep you going.

I also use VIRGIN COCONUT OIL - for cooking or eating off the spoon, it is MCT - does not stop you losing and you don't need to count the calories as it's burnt off straight away for energy.

Hope these ideas help somone out.
You are all doing so well, congrats to you.

Still trying to work out how to get my photo up on the profile, have loaded in the albums - that shows me at my correct weight when a teenager.

Just ordered some more Intermountain hhcg and am getting some pellets this time also - to try out.

See ya all later then. Andrea.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #4341
Senior LCF Member

I heard someone else mention the JUDD system. What is that exactly?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #4342

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVARA2011 View Post

So, today is day 2.
I am doing the JUDD system as a trial, so am having 500 on down days and around 1200 on up days - that's today, yay.

Cannot weigh till I get to work this afternoon, don't have scales at home. So will see over the week how it pans out.

Glucomannan (NOW -brand ) 575mg , it is a bulk forming fibre, I just take a couple in the morning if need to, gets you to lunch if you are doing the protocol and not eating early.

POWERPOPS - Love these, had such a job getting these imported from USA to NZ - took nearly 2 months. They are large lollypops, HOODIA is in them for appetite control and they have vitamins etc also, and they really do work, only 32 cal and 4 grams carb. They did not mess my losses up either, I had one of these instead of the apple. They take about half hour to eat, so keep you going.

I also use VIRGIN COCONUT OIL - for cooking or eating off the spoon, it is MCT - does not stop you losing and you don't need to count the calories as it's burnt off straight away for energy.

Still trying to work out how to get my photo up on the profile, have loaded in the albums - that shows me at my correct weight when a teenager.

Just ordered some more Intermountain hhcg and am getting some pellets this time also - to try out.

Welcome back Andrea!! Thank you for the tips.. I have never tried the Coconut oil that everyone talks about. I had no idea either that it was not stored but burned for fuel. interesting.

I also followed the JUDDD way of eating for awhile, and I did like it. I just found it hard on the down days... I tell ya, I am just not meant for 500 cals.. no matter how many times I attempt it.

I do enjoy varying my calories from day to day and that will most likely be my life long eating plan... I just dont really count them, I estimate. I surely know when I have had an UP DAY.. I had better be ready for a good down day the next.

I think this time though, I won't have such high UP days. Maybe once a week or so, but mainly an up day should not be that high... we shall see!!

Continued success to you!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #4343

Quote:

So, today is day 2.

WOW-thanks for sharing these tips. Where do you get those lollypops from? I use CO now, but didn't know it burns straight off as fuel. Interesting...
Old 04-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #4344

Quote:
I heard someone else mention the JUDD system. What is that exactly?
Its an UP day DOWN day type of eating. . On the UP days you eat whatever you want but must follow that with a Down day of around 500 cals. There is a whole bunch of folks following it in the "other plan" section here on these forums. Dr Johnson Up day Down day is how you get JUDDD.

There is a lot more to it, but I just did the simple version.. up one day , down the next...
Old 04-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #4345
Junior LCF Member

For skinnyjeansfit.
In USA you should be able to get powerpops in grocery stores , chemists etc. Britney Spears was using them, they are on ebay too.
Google the word, there are heaps of marketers online selling them.

There are many flavours, I love the RootBeer float.

good luck in getting some.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #4346
Junior LCF Member

ALSO should mention. Make sure you get the ones with Hoodia in , as there are some that are just vitamin pops, and also Kiddie pops are for children, but don't have the Hoodia. So check before you buy, as you want the appetite supressant type.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #4347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
Evening ladies.. I see Deb has once again trumped us all in the losing dept.. Great job, girlie!

Today was my last injection. I weighed 237.4. I only have a little bit of HCG left. I may continue to dose but increase my calories and see what happens.. Deb, you are a bad influence!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #4348
Junior LCF Member

Well this is good...

weighed in at work this afternoon and I am down 2.64 pounds since same time yesterday.

Its's nearly 10pm here, and have done the 'up' day today at around 1300 cals.

I don't think I will weigh each day, best done after a 500 cal day, I don't want the temper tantrum that comes from doing it daily if there is no loss.

Now consider this ... any thoughts on this idea I have had.

Aside from a nutritional viewpoint, does it matter where the calories have come from.

- If eating say a cream doughnut of 200 cals, will the body know the differance and will it care if the same number of calories came from say a healthy salald sandwhich.

If your body is only interested in getting enough calories to survive on, I think a calorie is a calorie.... right ??

I copied this from some investigation I just did online -see below

Are All Calories The Same?
As a unit of energy, a calorie is a calorie - no matter where it comes from. BUT - in terms of nutrition, the source of the calorie is important. There is much disagreement as to the source of calories (i.e. low-carb vs low-fat).

I am not somone who gets hung up on calories , especially since doing Atkins and the Zone diets, but just wondered what you guys think.. if you ate all your 500 calories in the form of icecream, would you still loose just as well as if you had eaten only apples.

500 cals is - 500 cals afterall.

any thoughts...
Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 AM   #4349

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie34 View Post
Evening ladies.. I see Deb has once again trumped us all in the losing dept.. Great job, girlie!

Today was my last injection. I weighed 237.4. I only have a little bit of HCG left. I may continue to dose but increase my calories and see what happens.. Deb, you are a bad influence!
That is a great LIW! You should be really proud of yourself for getting back on the horse and just doing it!!

Actually I think Pati had a better first week than I did, so YEAH FOR HER!!

As for me being a bad influence.. YEP.. I admit I am...
Old 04-12-2011, 03:42 AM   #4350

Quote:
Well this is good...

weighed in at work this afternoon and I am down 2.64 pounds since same time yesterday.

Its's nearly 10pm here, and have done the 'up' day today at around 1300 cals.

I don't think I will weigh each day, best done after a 500 cal day, I don't want the temper tantrum that comes from doing it daily if there is no loss.

Now consider this ... any thoughts on this idea I have had.

Aside from a nutritional viewpoint, does it matter where the calories have come from.

- If eating say a cream doughnut of 200 cals, will the body know the differance and will it care if the same number of calories came from say a healthy salald sandwhich.

If your body is only interested in getting enough calories to survive on, I think a calorie is a calorie.... right ??

I copied this from some investigation I just did online -see below

Are All Calories The Same?
As a unit of energy, a calorie is a calorie - no matter where it comes from. BUT - in terms of nutrition, the source of the calorie is important. There is much disagreement as to the source of calories (i.e. low-carb vs low-fat).

I am not somone who gets hung up on calories , especially since doing Atkins and the Zone diets, but just wondered what you guys think.. if you ate all your 500 calories in the form of icecream, would you still loose just as well as if you had eaten only apples.

500 cals is - 500 cals afterall.

any thoughts...
Through my experiments I have found that a calorie is a calorie. However! If I had 500 cals of ice cream, that is one nice bowl of ice cream for the day and that is all I could have.

So! Although I agree that you should be able to eat whatever you want of those 500 cals, mentally it is easier to eat a nice amount of healthy foods with lower cals on those low days. IF you would be fine with ONE meal of 500 cals, then go for it!...

Congrats on losing already!!! wonderful ! I love your input so please keep on posting and making us think!
Closed Thread