LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Yesterday was not a low carb day. It seems like I vary the higher carb and the low carb accidently but it works.

Yesterday I had the following:

coffee with cream
my special blend of P2 chili with cabbage added
chicken breast about 4 oz. cooked with Franks hot sauce

2 pcs of low carb bread toasted with turkey and a slice of cheese
about 4 oz of hash browns made from scratch
1 cucumber
1 klondike bar.. oops...def not low carb, the husband has to stop buying these!!!

2 big hamburger patties with cheese no bun
big ole salad with blue cheese

apple with cin and sweetner

so its not low carb, not horrible, but I lost 1.8 pounds... I could never lose this on Atkins. I ate around the same cals, maybe 2000 at most and never lost an ounce. I don't know why??? I was frustrated.

When I change it up and eat nothing but meat and maybe 1 fruit I can lose that way too...but only since I have started the HHCG.

It makes me wonder if I should have tried the C& C shuffle instead of sticking to 20 carbs daily forever.......hummmm.... I think Meek is on to something ..

I will continue with the HHCG though because it is doing something for me....no doubt in my mind.
What the frizznick!! Ok, how is this possible? I have to laugh..that is unbelievable and to lose after eating like that. Wow, is all I can say. I'm dumbfounded. I don't understand either..only difference is the hhcg! Incredible....I'm going back to read your whole journal..simply amazed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
I have a confession to make, I cannot drink plain water unless Ive been out walking or shopping for hours and Im dying of thirst. I do not know what it is, but if I try to drink plain water my throat just rebels. So....the next best thing is to flavor my water with something...anything. I drink 1/2 my weight in water which turns out to be 105 oz or so a day.
I prefer crystal light too but it can stall me if I drink too much so I try to limit it. I haven't had it since in P2 though. As long as you're getting your fluid in, that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
Just saw on this gals thread that we can now discuss homeopathic HCG brand as admins are allowing it, due to it not being a prescription. Thank Goodness. Its a shot in the dark know what brand to buy! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...athic-hcg.html
I can't believe they are allowing people to post competitor's names. I'm floored today..somebody help me up!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #302

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Oh trust me Shari, as you read the beginning of my journal you will see how dumbfounded I WAS! and still am! .. I ... don't....get ... it...........

Ah well, I am in for the long haul now....no turning back..
Old 09-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #303
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
omg, i feel like i missed out on some good convo in here. i ate a ton of crap today, chinese, snack size candy bars, and i want ice cream tonight. hopefully the scale treats me well despite.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
omg, i feel like i missed out on some good convo in here. i ate a ton of crap today, chinese, snack size candy bars, and i want ice cream tonight. hopefully the scale treats me well despite.
Hi Chantyl!! Yes we missed you today!! some really good input here and I am loving it!

I am curious to see how you do on the scale too.. I am cheering for ya!! Wouldn't it be fabulous to eat like this once in a while and not have to worry about it at all?

That is what I am loving right now. I started out with a plan yesterday to eat pretty clean, but added a few things in there after work. Was so happy this morning that it didn't hurt me at all..

Today I am following my hunger which isn't that much. I had chicken again this morning, then went to run my errands and ended up with a bagel from Panera's. LOVE THEM. Made a turkey sandwhich again, and a big ole choc chip cookie from Panera's. Like a 400 calorie cookie! yikes! it was good.

That is all I've had and I'm feeling like I loaded. UGGGG no more food for me.

Just added it up, about 1300- 1400 cals. and a ton of carbs. I don't know why I am eating so many carbs lately?? Maybe because I can? or because I deprived myself of them for so long.. but honestly I prefer a good ribeye to a big cookie any day.

Oh well... enough is enough no reason to pile it on , im trying to LOSE weight!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 09-25-2010 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: can't add
Old 09-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #305
Tyl

Quote:
Hi Chantyl!! Yes we missed you today!! some really good input here and I am loving it!

I am curious to see how you do on the scale too.. I am cheering for ya!! Wouldn't it be fabulous to eat like this once in a while and not have to worry about it at all?

That is what I am loving right now. I started out with a plan yesterday to eat pretty clean, but added a few things in there after work. Was so happy this morning that it didn't hurt me at all..

Today I am following my hunger which isn't that much. I had chicken again this morning, then went to run my errands and ended up with a bagel from Panera's. LOVE THEM. Made a turkey sandwhich again, and a big ole choc chip cookie from Panera's. Like a 400 calorie cookie! yikes! it was good.

Just added it up, about 1300- 1400 cals. and a ton of carbs. I don't know why I am eating so many carbs lately?? Maybe because I can? or because I deprived myself of them for so long.. but honestly I prefer a good ribeye to a big cookie any day.

well my chinese was super disappointing. so i hope the scale doesn't go up. lol cuz it wouldn't be worth it. your cookie sounds amazing! i need to make some lc choc chip cookies. i was gonna bake a lc cake today but i'm just not in the mood. its been a rough weekend. friday night i had a freak allergic reaction to i dunno what, but my face was covered in welts, my eye swelled shut and the benadryl knocked me out for 11 hrs LOL. then i was in a class all day today. so i have no desire to bake. anyway, looks like there is a lot of experimentation going on, with great results, so woot!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #306

Quote:
well my chinese was super disappointing. so i hope the scale doesn't go up. lol cuz it wouldn't be worth it. your cookie sounds amazing! i need to make some lc choc chip cookies. i was gonna bake a lc cake today but i'm just not in the mood. its been a rough weekend. friday night i had a freak allergic reaction to i dunno what, but my face was covered in welts, my eye swelled shut and the benadryl knocked me out for 11 hrs LOL. then i was in a class all day today. so i have no desire to bake. anyway, looks like there is a lot of experimentation going on, with great results, so woot!
Dang girl!!! sorry to hear about that! YIKES!! no idea what it was? glad you are better though...

As for that disappointing food.. wow. hate when that happens.. almost not worth eating, but what can ya do?

I was kind of dreaming of that cookie since my work catered a function with Panera's food. It was so good. Worth it today.

Tomorrow I am having a steak. Maybe nothing else, not sure. I just can't think of food anymore today. We will see how I feel tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #307
Tyl

Quote:
Dang girl!!! sorry to hear about that! YIKES!! no idea what it was? glad you are better though...

As for that disappointing food.. wow. hate when that happens.. almost not worth eating, but what can ya do?

I was kind of dreaming of that cookie since my work catered a function with Panera's food. It was so good. Worth it today.

Tomorrow I am having a steak. Maybe nothing else, not sure. I just can't think of food anymore today. We will see how I feel tomorrow.
mmmmmmmmmmm steak! i have a t-bone in the freezer! i'm done eating for today though (i hope)!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #308

Quote:

I will be SUPER jealous if you lose after this!! I love bagels..avoid them because of the carb count, love Panera because I always have to have a sandwich from there and cookie (?)...OMG!! (Secretly, I hope you lose though, you being the 'experiment' and all ).

Quote:

Yes, we missed you!! Sorry about the allergic reaction. Thought you went to the fair today? Ok, nevermind..just read your journal.

Last edited by shari; 09-25-2010 at 04:30 PM..
Old 09-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #309

Honestly Shari, I expect a gain or a stand still. I will say whatever it is, was worth it today....
Old 09-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #310

I agree!!
Old 09-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Marking my spot. Would like to study your progress since my own is not going so well.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by obraxton View Post
Marking my spot. Would like to study your progress since my own is not going so well.

I welcome any input you may have, so happy to have you come by and welcome to my crazy world!!...

I tell you what, this is exactly why I decided to start my experiment, it just wasnt going so well for me either.. looking forward to hearing how things are going for you too!!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
What the frizznick!! Ok, how is this possible? I have to laugh..that is unbelievable and to lose after eating like that. Wow, is all I can say. I'm dumbfounded. I don't understand either..only difference is the hhcg! Incredible...

I can't believe they are allowing people to post competitor's names. I'm floored today..somebody help me up!
I know! It's like the Twilight Zone around here.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
I know! It's like the Twilight Zone around here.
If I hadn't been reading about it happening to other people, I would think I am some kind of freak..........

This kind of freakiness I don't mind...
Old 09-26-2010, 04:35 AM   #315

Morning Deb!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #316

Good Morning Shari! Good morning world. It is dark here on Sunday morning, and cool.. fall is that you????.....

Ok so I was right, yesterday was worth it, but I did have a gain. I know I can't eat that kind of thing on a daily basis and lose weight. Especially after the day before when I had hash browns AND a Klondike bar! So the BAGEL and the BIG COOKIE filled me up with water again, and it stayed with me.

I gained 1.2 pounds...224.6 oh well, it will be gone tomorrow, because I am eating a lower cal/carb day today. Steak, P2 chili, maybe some chicken.

This is a pattern for me, every Sunday morning I am up some, wonder if it has anything to do with the eating I do on Saturday... Um yes...

I still ended up with a nice loss for the week and am very happy with my experiement. I can't remember any other thing I have done for weight loss that has resulted in the ability to eat virtually anything I want, WITHIN REASON!!! and lose weight.

ONLY when I alternate my intake days though, and take my HHCG. Works for me.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #317

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
GMorning Deb. It's dark and cool here too. I'm so happy fall has arrived. It's my fave season! Sorry about the gain. Thank God it's only water-which will be gone in no time! Overall, you're doing great! Keep going!!

I know the scale will reflect my cheat as well, but.... I already have my plan in action, like you! .

Have a good day, hugs.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:52 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
GMorning Deb. It's dark and cool here too. I'm so happy fall has arrived. It's my fave season! Sorry about the gain. Thank God it's only water-which will be gone in no time! Overall, you're doing great! Keep going!!

I know the scale will reflect my cheat as well, but.... I already have my plan in action, like you! .

Have a good day, hugs.
Morning Meek!! .. yep I have a plan and I don't worry anymore.! what a wonderful relief.

I know you have a plan too, and are waiting to weigh until Tuesday, I should do the same and just not weigh..but once a week. If I could make myself stay off the darn scale. Seems like the only day's I don't weigh is when I truely forget to before my coffee.. of course after it's just too darn late!

I love fall too!!!!.. just not looking forward to shorter days and less sunshine.. ah well this is life!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #319

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Deb, I just weighed to see how much damaged I did from my free meal- up .8oz from ticker. Oh well...my goal for this week is 176! If I surpass that I'll be happy girl .

Ill be weighing in with TBL group this week, and again on Sunday to see if Ive reached my weekly goal.

Wish me luck!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #320

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Morning
We are having a heat wave here. The beaches will be in the 90's they say by tomorrow. Problem is the water is freezing and the waves are flat.lol

Hope your day is awesome
Old 09-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
Deb, I just weighed to see how much damaged I did from my free meal- up .8oz from ticker. Oh well...my goal for this week is 176! If I surpass that I'll be happy girl .

Ill be weighing in with TBL group this week, and again on Sunday to see if Ive reached my weekly goal.

Wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK!!!! Girl that is awesome that you didn't hit 195!....

I love your plan, you are dong so well, keep it up!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Morning
We are having a heat wave here. The beaches will be in the 90's they say by tomorrow. Problem is the water is freezing and the waves are flat.lol

Hope your day is awesome
UGGGG 90s you can keep that.. Thank you for the well wishes, so far so good today, I need to go read about your first day!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Morning Deb!

Dark, gloomy and really cool day for us here too!!
Can I say, how I love the attitude you have with this experiment! You sound almost as if you have been freed!!! I LOVE IT!!! Glad you enjoyed your food yesterday and aren't bothered by the scale....Something I wish I could let go of! Soon....Soon...

Anyway, remember I asked you the question about my committments while on P2? Anyway, the one which was supposed to be Thursday was moved to today. Guess what I did? I woke up at 5:30 AM (I can't seem to sleep in anymore ) and dosed. I watched a lil' TV and actually fell back asleeep (it was sooooo nice)! I woke up and served myself my morning coffee WITH H/C!!!!! Yep. Today is going to be a semi-experiment for me I'm not going to go CRAZY but I am not on protocol today....

Wish me luck I do expect the scale to show a gain (hopefully not a big one) but like you I have an action plan. After today, I will have a low cal/carb week to finish off my VLCDs. My next committment isn't until next Saturday (after this) so I will have a week to correct it Am I nervous? Yea a nudge but I will be ok

Have a wonderful day Deb!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #324

WARNING!! rambling on in this post... lol

I realized that one of the reasons I started this was because I could not stick to the 500 cals the second round. Another reason is that I really want to be able to eat some carbs when I get to my goal.. without blowing up..

I find that when I include carbs even sugar in my alternate days, I don't have that normal 5 pound gain I used to have. I may have a gain, like today, but I know it will be gone plus some after a lower day... that is my pattern.

IF I was closer to goal, like Shari, Meek, and some others, I may just want to blast those last few pounds off by forcing myself to stick to the Protocol. I just feel like I have so far to go, that there is no way I can stick to 5 or more rounds of 500 calories, perfectly. I know myself. I know I won't. This is giving me freedom to not worry about that.

The pounds may come off slower than If I did the 500 cals, but I would not happy and I would be a grouch... As I get down closer to my goal, I am fully aware that I will have to make changes, cut back. eat less. For now though, I am loving every minute of this... Even the gains because I know a loss is coming! as long as I keep tricking my body...
Old 09-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
WARNING!! rambling on in this post... lol

I realized that one of the reasons I started this was because I could not stick to the 500 cals the second round. Another reason is that I really want to be able to eat some carbs when I get to my goal.. without blowing up..

I find that when I include carbs even sugar in my alternate days, I don't have that normal 5 pound gain I used to have. I may have a gain, like today, but I know it will be gone plus some after a lower day... that is my pattern.

IF I was closer to goal, like Shari, Meek, and some others, I may just want to blast those last few pounds off by forcing myself to stick to the Protocol. I just feel like I have so far to go, that there is no way I can stick to 5 or more rounds of 500 calories, perfectly. I know myself. I know I won't. This is giving me freedom to not worry about that.

The pounds may come off slower than If I did the 500 cals, but I would not happy and I would be a grouch... As I get down closer to my goal, I am fully aware that I will have to make changes, cut back. eat less. For now though, I am loving every minute of this... Even the gains because I know a loss is coming! as long as I keep tricking my body...

Great ramblings
Old 09-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Morning Deb!

Dark, gloomy and really cool day for us here too!!
Can I say, how I love the attitude you have with this experiment! You sound almost as if you have been freed!!! I LOVE IT!!! Glad you enjoyed your food yesterday and aren't bothered by the scale....Something I wish I could let go of! Soon....Soon...

Anyway, remember I asked you the question about my committments while on P2? Anyway, the one which was supposed to be Thursday was moved to today. Guess what I did? I woke up at 5:30 AM (I can't seem to sleep in anymore ) and dosed. I watched a lil' TV and actually fell back asleeep (it was sooooo nice)! I woke up and served myself my morning coffee WITH H/C!!!!! Yep. Today is going to be a semi-experiment for me I'm not going to go CRAZY but I am not on protocol today....

Wish me luck I do expect the scale to show a gain (hopefully not a big one) but like you I have an action plan. After today, I will have a low cal/carb week to finish off my VLCDs. My next committment isn't until next Saturday (after this) so I will have a week to correct it Am I nervous? Yea a nudge but I will be ok

Have a wonderful day Deb!!!!
YIPPEEEEE Freedom for PATI TODAY!!!..... I know I know, you won't go crazy you are much too disciplined for that... I am wishing you luck girl! You may have a gain, or you may not, depends on how the bod responds, but KNOW THAT IT WILL COME OFF!! it is only WATER, if you do!

I have learned that for sure, no way we can eat enough in one day to gain anything that is real... so enjoy your day girl!!! Let us know how it goes..
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #327

Quote:
Great ramblings
Thanks girly!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
YIPPEEEEE Freedom for PATI TODAY!!!..... I know I know, you won't go crazy you are much too disciplined for that... I am wishing you luck girl! You may have a gain, or you may not, depends on how the bod responds, but KNOW THAT IT WILL COME OFF!! it is only WATER, if you do!

I have learned that for sure, no way we can eat enough in one day to gain anything that is real... so enjoy your day girl!!! Let us know how it goes..
Thanks Deb! I am actually looking forward to it but will be treading lightly

:blush: You should have seen me with my coffee and cream! I was like a junky! I miss the regular food but more so that cream in my coffee!!!!

I will definitely keep you guys apprised of my ups and downs....If it weren't for you and Chantyl, I would be so terrified of even trying!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #329
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh for the record, I went to post my loss since I weighed this morning (I upped my protein yesterday again) and I was down yet another pound!!!!

VLCD18 down 16.5lbs ...This upping thing does work but I feel terrible not saying that I am not 100% on protocol! :blush:
Old 09-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #330

Quote:
Thanks Deb! I am actually looking forward to it but will be treading lightly

:blush: You should have seen me with my coffee and cream! I was like a junky! I miss the regular food but more so that cream in my coffee!!!!

I will definitely keep you guys apprised of my ups and downs....If it weren't for you and Chantyl, I would be so terrified of even trying!
The best way to start out the day.. coffee with HWC!!! oh yeah baby! ..

Dont read that Stevie (Chantel)!...:...
Closed Thread