Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Deb, I created my own plan called Carb Shuffle, but secretly I have been shuffling my cals too! I didn't write about it in my journal bc people are so judgemental. However, you all make me feel comfortable talking about it. Thanks!

I stopped taking hcg, never thought about using it bc I'm in ketosis, which elimate hunger for me. I cycle between 500-2000 cals and my carbs are 2-50; however, I am keeping carbs very low until I hit goal (again).

Best wished to us all. Hugs.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
amazing to find the tribe out there that is doing what I have been doing without knowing it! I am soooo happy!!!

YouTube - Spin on HCG diet
Hi Deb! I have to so agree with the gal in the video. I rapidly lost gobs of weight on ******* (500-800 VLC low fat) and really felt like I was developing some serious disordered eating habits. Now I realize I seriously messed up my metabolism doing that diet, too.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was in TOPS with some women on HCG shots who lost well. It was in the 1970s & NOT Simeons Protocol. They received shots (via the military drs) and ate low carb diet and lost really well. So Im starting to think the mechanism of HCG is that it is a fat burner and an appetite suppressant? Im reading as much as I can about this WOE and your thread is providing much food (get it? LOL) for thought! Super interesting! Thank you!

223#s
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Meeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek2010 View Post
Deb, I created my own plan called Carb Shuffle, but secretly I have been shuffling my cals too! I didn't write about it in my journal bc people are so judgemental. However, you all make me feel comfortable talking about it. Thanks!

I stopped taking hcg, never thought about using it bc I'm in ketosis, which elimate hunger for me. I cycle between 500-2000 cals and my carbs are 2-50; however, I am keeping carbs very low until I hit goal (again).

Best wished to us all. Hugs.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
Hi Meeks!
HEY GIRLIE!!!

I just replied to your PM!!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #275
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
YOU BUNCH OF REBELS IN HERE! I YOU!!!

Carry on.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #276

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
OH you guys I love you all!!!!.. thank you so much for coming by and letting me know I am not alone or crazy.....

Meek
I have been in awe of you for a long time, just skeered to post anything in a journal cuz I am an outcast rebel sometimes here.. I AM SO HAPPY!!! that you can let us know what you have been doing and not feel uncomfortable talking about it, I LOVE IT!!! Anytime you want to talk about anything, please please do! I think it really helps others, and the judgemental ones will just have to hush up around here.....

PATI!! girl you are such a rebel!! I know how hard that was for you and I am so darn proud, like a new momma.... Congrats on the pound girl, you are doing awesome!!!! told ya it wouldn't hurt ya...

Susan oh my goodness, if I had known this before, I'd be jumping in the air about it.. I searched so long and hard to find the right thing for me...and yeah that included the KK word...

Brenda...
what makes you think that?????............ come on you know you secretly want to join the underground club..

It is so awesome to see open minds.. wheeewww what a breathe of fresh air!!! Thanks so much ladies...you make my day..
Old 09-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #277

Quote:
Hi Deb! I have to so agree with the gal in the video. I rapidly lost gobs of weight on ******* (500-800 VLC low fat) and really felt like I was developing some serious disordered eating habits. Now I realize I seriously messed up my metabolism doing that diet, too.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was in TOPS with some women on HCG shots who lost well. It was in the 1970s & NOT Simeons Protocol. They received shots (via the military drs) and ate low carb diet and lost really well. So Im starting to think the mechanism of HCG is that it is a fat burner and an appetite suppressant? Im reading as much as I can about this WOE and your thread is providing much food (get it? LOL) for thought! Super interesting! Thank you!
YES TO THIS!!! I truely believe this is what it is...
Old 09-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #278

Quote:

I stopped taking hcg, never thought about using it bc I'm in ketosis, which elimate hunger for me. I cycle between 500-2000 cals and my carbs are 2-50; however, I am keeping carbs very low until I hit goal (again).Best wished to us all. Hugs.
This seems to be what I am doing without knowing I am doing it! Now that I know what I am doing, I think this is the answer! I really do. I don't think I go low enough in carbs to be in Ketosis.. but when I finish this.. and gosh darn it I WILL!! .. I want to eat mainly low carb, since that is the food I naturally love... I'll be watching how you do on this plan.. love it!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Morning Deb!!! Great losses! I'm so thrilled for you! I've been reading lots on that other site about cycling...so exciting!

I have a question/thought about this tho' (just things pop in my head as I read)....ok so cycling seems to work. You and Chantyl are living proof. My question is, once you go off of the hhcg, and up the calories naturally by eating LC (which I am assumming you/we would go back to ) would it make the pounds come back on? I am hoping no because this is wayyyyyyyyy exciting!!!!
I will tell you my thoughts on this.. What I never did in the past when I actually did hit goal.. last time 10 years ago! .. was weigh daily and keep it in check! I did not know about this as wierd as that sounds... I just thought I could eat like a regular thin person and it would stay off...

What I plan to do different this time while eating mainly low carb is to 1) exercise and 2) keep an eye on the scale. I think by stabilizing along the way per the HCG plan.. that I am going to truely get this under control.. am I being naive? Maybe!! but at least I know what works and what to do this time...
Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #280

Quote:
This seems to be what I am doing without knowing I am doing it! Now that I know what I am doing, I think this is the answer! I really do. I don't think I go low enough in carbs to be in Ketosis.. but when I finish this.. and gosh darn it I WILL!! .. I want to eat mainly low carb, since that is the food I naturally love... I'll be watching how you do on this plan.. love it!!!
Deb, THIS IS MY ANSWER!! I promise you, had I known about this before, I would be at goal. I find this way of eating easy for me AND I lose on a daily basis (when I don't cheat and eat real sugar!). Overall, I am happy, no longer taking laxatives or trying to trick the scale to get a loss. My body is just release the stored fat daily and I'm thankful! My first week (started 9/4) on MY C&C Shuffle I lost 8.8lbs!!!

I'm listening to remyjourney vlog now - her and Dakota's method of cycling reminds me of JUDDD, kinda.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you found something works for YOU!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #281

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
I will tell you my thoughts on this.. What I never did in the past when I actually did hit goal.. last time 10 years ago! .. was weigh daily and keep it in check! I did not know about this as wierd as that sounds... I just thought I could eat like a regular thin person and it would stay off...

What I plan to do different this time while eating mainly low carb is to 1) exercise and 2) keep an eye on the scale. I think by stabilizing along the way per the HCG plan.. that I am going to truely get this under control.. am I being naive? Maybe!! but at least I know what works and what to do this time...

Exactly!! How much water do you drink a day?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #282

Quote:
Deb, THIS IS MY ANSWER!! I promise you, had I known about this before, I would be at goal. I find this way of eating easy for me AND I lose on a daily basis (when I don't cheat and eat real sugar!). Overall, I am happy, no longer taking laxatives or trying to trick the scale to get a loss. My body is just release the stored fat daily and I'm thankful! My first week (started 9/4) on MY C&C Shuffle I lost 8.8lbs!!!

I'm listening to remyjourney vlog now - her and Dakota's method of cycling reminds me of JUDDD, kinda.

That is fantastic!! I know how hard you have been searching for the answer and am THRILLED you found it!!! Your losses are awesome!!!! Keep it up girl! I love the C & C shuffle!... sounds like a great dance song!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #283

Quote:
That is fantastic!! I know how hard you have been searching for the answer and am THRILLED you found it!!! Your losses are awesome!!!! Keep it up girl! I love the C & C shuffle!... sounds like a great dance song!
- thanks!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #284

Quote:

Some amazing stats, Meek! Good for you.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Exactly!! How much water do you drink a day?
I have always been a good water drinker Shari, I have a 32 oz cup that I fill several times a day. Where I work, we can get up and go anytime we want...thank GOD!!! So I am sure I drink 4 32 oz cups of water a day just at work.

I also drink water at home and have a glass by my bed during the night.. I love water!!!

I also drink Diet soda for a treat.. so I am very well hydrated...maybe not politically correct, but I am not lacking liquid....
Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #286

Wow, girl...that's good! I have to 'force' myself to even get in 2 liters/day. That's great that you love water like that. You must live in the bathroom..lol.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #287

Quote:
Wow, girl...that's good! I have to 'force' myself to even get in 2 liters/day. That's great that you love water like that. You must live in the bathroom..lol.
That is where I do most of my socializing at work.. everyone knows me..
Old 09-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #288

Why am I the only one in the building and still NOT getting any work done?! I'm too busy socializing with you all!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #289

Quote:

Why am I the only one in the building and still NOT getting any work done?! I'm too busy socializing with you all!
HAHA!! well this is much more fun than work...
Old 09-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #290

I know, right?!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #291

Quote:
Good morning everyone.. yesterday ended up being 1750 cals, a variety of foods not low carb, but not unhealthy crap. I lost 1.8 pounds! so that shrinking feeling I was having yesterday showed up some on the scale today. Loving THAT!!!!

I am so enjoying reading the cal cycleing stuff with HCG. I know they were doing injections back then, or HCG under the tongue, but not sure on the HHCG. So they were concerned with immunity some. I don't have that same concern. I do want to take a break off HHCG to make sure I can stabilize again, but I will go back on after that.

I really think this is the answer for me getting to goal and staying there! I just need to watch myself once I get there!!!

Oh gosh, I just noticed that is a 6 pound loss in 5 days! I'll take that every time eating like this!!!!! Off to do alot of things for the day, so will check back in this afternoon...

What are some of the food you ate yesterday? Hope you don't mind..I'm going to be picking your brain..lol. Gotta run out for a minute to visit a few clients but I'll be back. thanks!

Last edited by shari; 09-25-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Old 09-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #292

Quote:
What are some of the food you ate yesterday? Hope you don't mind..I'm going to be picking your brain..lol.
Yesterday was not a low carb day. It seems like I vary the higher carb and the low carb accidently but it works.

Yesterday I had the following:

coffee with cream
my special blend of P2 chili with cabbage added
chicken breast about 4 oz. cooked with Franks hot sauce

2 pcs of low carb bread toasted with turkey and a slice of cheese
about 4 oz of hash browns made from scratch
1 cucumber
1 klondike bar.. oops...def not low carb, the husband has to stop buying these!!!

2 big hamburger patties with cheese no bun
big ole salad with blue cheese

apple with cin and sweetner

so its not low carb, not horrible, but I lost 1.8 pounds... I could never lose this on Atkins. I ate around the same cals, maybe 2000 at most and never lost an ounce. I don't know why??? I was frustrated.

When I change it up and eat nothing but meat and maybe 1 fruit I can lose that way too...but only since I have started the HHCG.

It makes me wonder if I should have tried the C& C shuffle instead of sticking to 20 carbs daily forever.......hummmm.... I think Meek is on to something ..

I will continue with the HHCG though because it is doing something for me....no doubt in my mind.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have a confession to make, I cannot drink plain water unless Ive been out walking or shopping for hours and Im dying of thirst. I do not know what it is, but if I try to drink plain water my throat just rebels. So....the next best thing is to flavor my water with something...anything. I drink 1/2 my weight in water which turns out to be 105 oz or so a day.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #294

Quote:
I have a confession to make, I cannot drink plain water unless Ive been out walking or shopping for hours and Im dying of thirst. I do not know what it is, but if I try to drink plain water my throat just rebels. So....the next best thing is to flavor my water with something...anything. I drink 1/2 my weight in water which turns out to be 105 oz or so a day.
That's wierd Susan.............
Old 09-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #295

Quote:
Yesterday was not a low carb day. It seems like I vary the higher carb and the low carb accidently but it works.

Yesterday I had the following:

coffee with cream
my special blend of P2 chili with cabbage added
chicken breast about 4 oz. cooked with Franks hot sauce

2 pcs of low carb bread toasted with turkey and a slice of cheese
about 4 oz of hash browns made from scratch
1 cucumber
1 klondike bar.. oops...def not low carb, the husband has to stop buying these!!!

2 big hamburger patties with cheese no bun
big ole salad with blue cheese

apple with cin and sweetner

so its not low carb, not horrible, but I lost 1.8 pounds... I could never lose this on Atkins. I ate around the same cals, maybe 2000 at most and never lost an ounce. I don't know why??? I was frustrated.

When I change it up and eat nothing but meat and maybe 1 fruit I can lose that way too...but only since I have started the HHCG.

It makes me wonder if I should have tried the C& C shuffle instead of sticking to 20 carbs daily forever.......hummmm.... I think Meek is on to something ..

I will continue with the HHCG though because it is doing something for me....no doubt in my mind.
- your plan is really working great for you!! Keep going!!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's wierd Susan.............
I know.... Youd think at 53 yrs old I would have learned to drink plain water by now!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Just saw on this gals thread that we can now discuss homeopathic HCG brand as admins are allowing it, due to it not being a prescription. Thank Goodness. Its a shot in the dark know what brand to buy! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...athic-hcg.html
Old 09-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #298

Quote:
- your plan is really working great for you!! Keep going!!
Thanks Meek, there really is no rhyme or reason as to why something works for us .. and then it doesn't. Or why something will work for one person and not another...I'm so confused.....lol
Old 09-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #299

I'm confused too! I envy those who can do multiple rounds on HHCG without quiting, like me. The results RAWK, but the protocol is hard as hell! Geesh...
Old 09-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #300

Quote:
Just saw on this gals thread that we can now discuss homeopathic HCG brand as admins are allowing it, due to it not being a prescription. Thank Goodness. Its a shot in the dark know what brand to buy! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...athic-hcg.html
My brand is thinkhcgdrops. That is the only thing I see on the label.. besides the ingredients which are HCG, adrenal, liver, thyroid and fat metabolizer in potencies, and colloidial mineral water.
Closed Thread