Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 02:34 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenMA66
Stats: 227/???/147ish I think?
WOE: HCG/Hunger Scale WLA
Start Date: December 1 2008
I'm doing the happy dance this morning!!!!

196! NEW TERRITORY! Yay...and still one day to go before my official weigh in at ww.

I wasn't expecting a big loss this morning but it was 1.2.....hoping for a lb tomorrow...I know it starts to taper off.

I'm putting my food into ****** and it ended up being around 1200 calories....but maybe 4% carbs....I'm going to eat more food on saturday but just low carb stuff..I'm already planning. I want to see if bumping up the calories with low carb food helps me the rest of the week..I am convinced that there is something to it. I see too many that say they overeat one day and the next day they have a loss when they haven't seen much movement. I'm also convinced it's the rise in blood sugar, aka the carbs and sugar that does the damage and makes us gain weight.

I finished Gary Taubes Why We Get Fat and it was very good, easy to understand (even for me) and makes sense to me. I listented to all 10 podcasts I had of Dana Carpender's and decided to get a blood glucose meter to track my blood sugar levels throughout the day. The boyfriend is coming tomorrow and he's a paramedic so he's going to do it with me the first time cuz I'm a skeered lol so unless I can prick my own finger that may be it lol

Anyway....I have steak from yesterday and my plan is to eat mostly beef today and some veggies....I tend to pick at few mixed nuts when I get in that mood to snack. I'm working on losing the snacking habit. I realize I'm usually not physically hungry. Also I've not had a diet coke since Tues and I HATE IT!!!!! I do not want to give up my diet coke...I don't...(stomps feet) but I'm trying.
ColleenMA66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 03:14 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

195 this morning. I wrote out a post and it didn't post. I may come back later if I have time.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Ok.....I've been majorly going sideways since my last post in July. I actually got down to 194 and then went on vacation in August and have been struggling every since. Right now I'm up to 211.6 I believe as of this morning.

My goal and intention is to get back to plan and start over tomorrow and do the best I can until New Year's Eve...I'm hoping to get back to where I was....this is the boyfriend's Christmas present. I got a cute little outfit to wear for him and I want to look hot in it so here I am...public shame....maybe that will do it.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:48 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

212.6 I'm not surprised since yesterday went sideways which is what prompted me to start writing again.

My goal is 195 by New Years Eve that gives me as of today.....19 days.....not quite a full round but pretty close. I've not done this "right" from the beginning so not doing it perfect now isn't upsetting to me but I'm going to stick to protocol as closely as I can. I will post my food hoping it keeps me more accountable. I refuse to backslide more than I have. I'm angry at myself but that's pointless so moving forward as of today is what I'm going to do.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

208.8 this morning....hoping for 205 by Saturday! I ate mostly protein and some cucumbers yesterday....little bit of head hunger throughout the day and had to control myself at dinner...I made meatloaf for the family and had a chicken breast for myself....the meatloaf was yummy....but I baked cookies for the boyfriend and I didn't touch them!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

208.2 which is a surprise since I didn't have the best of days....I had a good day but not so good night.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:35 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

208.6 blah! My own fault...hoping to have a great day today before I get weighed tomorrow at ww.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

210.2 I'm baaaack. I'm going to start another round today. I loaded over the weekend. all things considered I can't say I'm happy with my floundering around the last 5 or so months. I've never been able to get below 200 again and that's pissing me off. On the positive note....I've not gained it all back either so that IS good news. However, I should be at goal and then some by now...I've been at this long enough already.

I need to embrace protocol and stick to it as closely as possible. I think I'm going to start posting on the other threads as well as an accountability measure of sorts.

i know the HCG works.....I've done it...so I've had lots of success with it....but you have to really have your head on straight to get through this 3 weeks. I CAN and I WILL do it. ....I'm tired of the excuses and that's all they are....big fat excuses...nothing more.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

208.4 down 2 from yesterday. I had a decent day. I won't lie and say it was great because I made a couple not so great choices.

WHY is sugar such a b*tch...argh! It's like you feel as if you can't go on unless you get some. I do know that it will pass if you can get through the cravings but I can't seem to get through them..that's my problem!

I will do better today. I want to have a loss everyday this round like I did my first round...that will not happen unless I get my act together.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Hello

I am doing a round of the HCG Protocol as well. Good success to you on your HCG journey!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #221
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Hey Colleen!! good luck!! You know what to do!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:02 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Hi Maggie, Hi Deb! Thanks for stopping in.

I'm down to 206.8 this morning. It should have been more. I know I should be happy with a loss...blah blah blah....yah I get that and I am but I did not give it my best shot yesterday and I know it. That's been my problem. I'm doing this half assed at best and I need to cut it outttttt!!

I hate releasing weight I've already lost...how annoying is that but it has to be done and a lesson learned to not fall off again.

I have 3 days till WW on Saturday and I'd like to have a loss on that scale. I skipped last week because I was going to be up and I knew it and I just didn't want to face it.

I've started watching this Weight Loss Apocalypse chick on youtube and I got her book. I haven't watched a lot but so far it sounds interesting.

I am nervous that not sticking to strict protocol is going to mess me up in the end but the end is SO far away for me right now I am thinking by the time I get to the final round maybe I'll be able to actually do it the correct way and then do P3 and P4 the correct way as well....but right now I got a lot of weight to get off before that becomes a concern. I look forward to that day!

I need 3 pretty close to perfect days on protocol before Saturday. I'm hoping posting on the threads and being visible again will help me stay accountable. I don't want to have to come back and say.....yep....I blew it yet again and I'm up X amount of lbs.....between me and you and the lamp post over there I'm SICK OF DOING THAT!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:09 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know what you are saying. I have been sticking to pretty basic Simeone's Protocol since reaching ONEderland, it has been a goal and I am in it now and will up my protein when needed and add some things from off of other HCG protocol lists if I feel the need. I was sooooo tired of being in the 200's and that was my motivation to eat clean and get under the 200's. I am barely under and I want to be further under before I end my round. Still reading alot about P3 so I am taking it all with a grain of salt right now. I have watched the Weight Apocolype Videos(watched these way before starting my round) and do understand alot that is being said, applying some principles into how I eat etc.... Hang in there, if you are eating off of the food list and not veering to much off on non protocol foods I believe the weight will come off. KUTGW!

Last edited by MagieDen; 05-23-2012 at 03:59 AM..
Old 05-23-2012, 03:29 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Magie!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Disaster 207.6

I am trying really hard to listen to my body and use the hunger scale that Robin Woodall suggests in Weight Loss Apocalypse. I did very well during the day but after dinner I wasn't emotionally satisfied so I kept going.

She's absolutely correct in saying that the more overweight you are the less food you actually need. I'm not hungry when I wake up....I don't even think of eating something till 10am and I get up around 5am. I did great until dinner time. I wasn't satisfied with my dinner...I wasn't hungry....I knew I wasn't hungry. I know it's an emotional thing. That much I get but now I have to figure out what's the deal with me that I want to continue to eat after I'm physically full. I didn't stuff myself...but clearly I ate too much and that's inappropriate.

I am finding using the numbers on the hunger scale very helpful. It's logical and I can grasp that pretty good. Now I have to figure out what MY deal is with food. What's my addiction about..where did it come from...what's at the root.

I'm going to babble here so feel free to change the channel if you need to. The earliest memories I have of food would be after school going to the farm stand that my father owned and getting to pick one treat. I always picked the thing that would give me the most bang for my buck....bag of chips usually..cause it had MORE in it than say ONE candy bar and would last longer. I've always wanted volumes of food.

My mother worked so we would come home from school when we were old enough to be alone and I'd start eating snacky crappy food. We didn't have an abundance of that stuff....my mother would buy one box of this or a box of that and when it was gone it was gone. I used to love to wad up white bread when it was soft and eat it......loved cheese and bologna sandwiches. But my father owned a store....it had fruits and veggies sure because he's a farmer and that's what we grew but it also sold soda, chips, candy. In those days I could just take what I wanted. So if I grabbed a candy bar and a bag of chips no one would say anything...at least I don't remember.....but I do remember sneaking stuff because I wanted more.

So...I'm pretty sure my problems are coming from that age and me always wanting more....but WHY?? I still do it today so it's an issue. I'm always afraid there won't be enough. I kiddingly say I must have starved in a past life and I'm making up for it now. I'm tired of making jokes about this because it's seriously affecting the quality of my life and my health...if not now...soon. I'll be 46 in Sept so it's not like I'm in my 20s anymore..this stuff is catching up to me fast.

Maybe I should do some serious research on food addictions. I've never really taken it seriously...I knew I was addicted but I didn't think anyone could help me. Other addicts get help...an addiction is an addiction right? I thought if I could just get off the sugar and carbs I'd be ok....maybe not...maybe it's much deeper than that.......that stuff is addicting sure but the emotional need to continue to eat when I'm physically not hungry has nothing to do with sugar and white flour. Even on LC I want to munch in that window of 3-5,6pm.......right after "school"

Robin said something in one of her videos about people needing to decompress after they get home from work and that's what food does to them. That makes sense to me. I've been working all day and I need a reward....let's have a snack! My question is.....how do I change this behavior that I want to change?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Colleen I completely understand where you are coming from. I watched a few videos of Weightloss Apocolypse before starting the HCG Protocol and alot of what she says makes sense. HCG is not just a diet, although many take it on as one. I too am doing alot of soul seaching about myself and why I have self sabotoged myself all these years. I just turnned 50 the beginning of this year so you are not alone in trying to make connections about why you eat and how much you eat. It is a journey and I think we need to embrace it as one. It is interesting that you want to snack at the time when you were little, the brain is a powerful thing isn't it? The brain can be a good servant but a lousy master. It is interesting that the HCG Protocol is supposed to reset the hypothalamus in the brain to give us a new set point when we release the weight. I pray that you can find some answers for yourself during this time on the protocol and that you will be victorious over food in your life. Here to support you along the way, we can do it!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

I have no idea what my weight is this morning. I made a decision and it took me most of the week to decide. I gave my scale to my coworker who knows what I'm doing. I will weigh in once a week at WW and that's that.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I can breathe. I will be forced to stick to protocol because I simply don't know where I am to be able to play games and play games I do...so...there ya go.

Yesterday was great with my food...if everyday were like yesterday I'd have no problems getting to goal. What was the difference? I had NO sugar or carbs other than what was in my celery. I used the hunger scale and found myself in the cupboard looking for something to pick at....I grabbed the almonds..had one..and said....you are not hungry...put them away...and I did. I think the sugar/carb cravings makes those moments of strength near impossible for me...it's like it just clouds my judgement and I can't make a good decision.

I've been watching lots of youtube videos. I found a couple of women who have lost lots of weight on HCG and they are soooo inspirational to me. I think what I needed was a good dose of inspiration to help me get back in the game. I've been so isolated for so long I forgot how great this protocol is and it's a lot more fun when you aren't alone.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I weigh once a week as well but I do have my scale at home. I have always weighed myself once a week and have never cared for the protocol calling for us to weigh daily. I will however weigh myself more when I reach P3 just to keep myself accountable for staying within my LDW window. I believe one day I could stop weighing when I am content with where my weight and health are, still working on that.

I wish you much success on the protocol. Have a good Friday and weekend!

Old 05-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Thank you MagieDen!

I'll report tomorrow where I'm at at WW. I skipped a week last week so I really have no idea where I'll be. I'll be starting over in one sense that their weight will be where I am even if I lost weight this week..it's just weight I put on last week..if that makes sense.

I ordered some of the RX stuff and I'll see how I feel once I finish this round...I may try it but if the homeo is working for me I'll continue with it. I would like to try it just to compare the two.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a nice weekend Colleen!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

I didn't end up posting Saturday because I was busy with work....I have a small massage business and also I work for my Dad at our garden center and this is our busy time of the year.

Anywhooooo....I went to WW and finally faced the scale....205.4...pft. I was hoping to be less than I was the last time I was there....nope...up 1.4 bah. But...I know I was more last Saturday..hence the skipping...so....it is good news just not AS good as I wanted.

I have planned a VERY simple menu this week that I am going to follow if it kills me! I'm tired of my own whining and complaining so I need to get my stuff together so I can get this moving in the right direction. I'm going on vacation in August and I want to be close to my goal...at least my first goal of 180. There is no reason why I can't reach that. I have 2 whole months! The only reason I know of is named....Colleen! lol

I'd like to be an even 200 this Saturday at weigh in. We shall see.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good success to you Collen!

Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Wow I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. I stopped my round because it was just a disaster. I was toying with the idea of doing RX so I wasn't really working at it like I should have been and it showed.

I'm having a bday party for my son this Saturday so I'm going to load Saturday and Sunday and start RX this round. I've been doing a lot of thinking and researching and I know a lot/most of my problem is emotional eating and that needs to stop or this will not work...whatever I'm doing. I'm reading Weight loss Apocalypse and there is another one I've heard about called Fullfilled so I may look into that.

I'm nervous about doing the RX. I have watched the videos and I think I can do it no problem but getting a needle with a syringe seemed a bit tricky but I ordered some online....hopefully I got the right kind. I'm doing sublingual but I still need to be able to get it out of the bottle..the opening is so small I need a needle. I'm going to try a pregnancy test to see if I can get a positive....that will make me feel good if I do cause then I'll know I did it correctly and it's the real stuff. I have the same brand I saw on the video I watched of a woman who's been very successful (happy accident) and that made me feel better too.

My goal is to just stay as low carb as I can till Saturday and not add more damage that I will have to undo..it already sucks that I have to undo almost 10 lbs..blah.

Anyway....that's where I'm at. I just want to do it right...get it done and get on with my life. I do not want to be held hostage by HCG for the rest of my life...but I have sooooo much work to do on myself in order for that to happen...what's the alternative though? If I don't at least work on it then I'll just continue to gain and gain and it's not healthy...so...I won't quit.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

If anyone is interested you can download Pounds and Inches on iTunes for FREEEEEE..it's over 2 hrs long. I haven't listened to it yet. I'm going to do that today while I'm at work. I'm watching videos and doing a lot of reading to prep for my round which I'm starting this coming weekend.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

My weight this morning was 206.2. I loaded this past weekend and was all the way up to 216.8! I'm heading back to ww on Sunday to get weighed and stay for the meeting. My ww day is a trigger for me so I have to be careful. I used to use it as an excuse to overeat and that habit must go.

I have read Weight Loss Apocalypse and watched a bunch of Robin's videos on youtube. If you do that and don't come away with a better understanding of what this protocol actually is I'll be shocked. You will also have little tolerance for the people who are using this as a diet and approach it as such. This is NOT A DIET. If you are thinking of doing this protocol educate yourself first. I read another forum and the questions that people ask over and over and over and over again make me insane. I read it for that reason...it annoys me and keeps me focused on what I'm doing and what I don't want to do.

I am eating to the hunger scale even on P2. It's been very interesting. I do end up eating most of my food. I doubt I've been under calories but I'm possibly over as well. I'm not going nuts about it. I'm sticking to protocol foods and I'm drinking my water and getting my sleep. I have no detox symptoms when I start HCG. I'm coming off diet coke and carbs and sugar....it truly is amazing what this does to your body.

If I'm not hungry I don't eat.....period. My son does this all the time and I used to be amazed at him. I've watched video after video of women who have finished the protocol and have gone through P3 and P4 and have used the hunger scale that Robin talks about and they have NOOOOOO problems. There is no correction days there is no egg day or yogurt day or steak day.....eat when you are hungry and stop before you are too full and eat what you want (P4) and they are doing it.....and loving it. I don't know about you but that's what I'm going to do.

I will not make hcg a hobby. It is atm because I'm focused on getting this done and learning as much as I can but other than my rounds to get to 147ish which is my imaginary goal weight because that's the number I plucked out of the air but who knows really. Once I'm done with this I want to be DONE. This way is not the easy way but I think the benefits are amazing if done correctly.

I am not hungry other than couple times a day and then I must eat. There is no getting around it....but right now I'm not hungry but my stomach is empty and it is a bit uncomfortable....but nothing I can't deal with. I know I could have half an apple if I wanted but I've got so much food for a day and wasting it when I don't really need it is silly so I'll wait. I'm looking at food totally different now.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

I wanted to add something after I re read a post of mine about eating when I wasn't hungry. I find I am bored/lazy and it's easy entertainment. I have taken the option of snacking out of the equation and trying to find something else to occupy my time takes effort! Go figure.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad to hear that you are in a better frame of mind for this round of Hhcg. I know your round will be successful, keep focused and you will do great!

Onederland here she comes!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:11 AM   #238
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Your thoughts on this are exactly what I am thinking. After doing tons of research, watching 347 videos........all of Robins! plus so many more.. I know I am ready to go! You are right, this is not a DIET. This is a hormonal adjustment and something I need to do very badly. To eat P4 for life, and never gain, is my goal... good luck Colleen!!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Thank you MagieDen! Hi Deb!

My attitude has totally changed from a few weeks ago. I may read Weight loss Apoc again because I got tripped up on all that science stuff and that was supposed to be an easy read LOL but I found my eyes glaze over with all that science stuff (sigh)

On a bright note I'm lower than my first LDW 2 yrs ago almost...lol so that's something. I've been watching videos on youtube of some women who have done this successfully and I want to be one of them.

I texted the bf today at noon because I was sitting at my desk, it was lunch time and I wasn't hungry but I wanted SOMETHING to distract me. I would normally eat my lunch anyway because....well it's lunch time! I didn't. I waited till almost 1:00 before I ate and I wasn't starving but I was on the edge of getting too hungry and that's my danger zone. I'm not one of the lucky ones I guess that doesn't feel hunger on this protocol. I do get hungry before meals.

Anyway....my goal is to actually deal with my emotional issues about food and just try to not use food for fill in the blank ______.

Good to see you both!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:25 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

205 this morning. As happy as that makes me...and it does.....the fact that a huge light bulb came over my head last night and finally reallllly clicked this morning is making me happier.

Eating for reasons other than to nourish our bodies is stupid. Emotional eating is so freaking stupid I'm laughing at the reasoning behind it. I GET IT NOW! When Robin said in one of the first videos I watched that eating when you are not hungry is inappropriate and she listed a bunch of things and I thought...yah ok....i get it.....and I did....but now I GET IT!

I have a visual in my head of my son when he was little and me force feeding him when he told me he was full (that didn't happen in real life btw) and how insane it is to force feed ourselves and how I've been doing it for YEARS!

The diet industry has sold me a bill of goods and I'm not buying it anymore...they can go suck it. This really isn't a diet...it's not....I still think I thought it was in the back of my mind. Don't get me wrong I want this weight off yesterday because I'm sick to death of looking at it and shoving it in my clothes and dragging it around...so ya...I want it gone ASAP but I understand how I'm going to get there and more importantly...I understand how I'm going to stay there.

I'm not freaking out about P3 and P4 anymore....I get it.

Our bodies are wonderfully, complicated, complex machines that believe it or not know more than we do. I've been trying to control my body and tell it what I wanted it to do and it was like....um yah...NO...we are going to do it our way anyway so.....and the battle began. I'm done fighting it. It's smarter than I am...who knew.

I heard something on a video last night that I think is going to make this phase a lot easier for me. Robin said some people eat 200 calories on this protocol and some eat 600.....I'm probably closer to 600 but I'm done counting calories and I'm done logging my food...I'm done. I know what foods I can have on this protocol....I got this. I also know that I do better on beef. That's what IIIIII do better on. Just because Suzy Q dieter does better on boiled chicken and whatever doesn't mean that's what MY body wants. I'm giving mine what it wants.

I really am waking up to a lot of new concepts....it's amazing. I know see what she meant when she said you'll look at society a lot different....I am....they are a bunch of pigs and I don't want to be that way anymore. I want the very best food and I want to enjoy it and I want to keep my body in top tip shape.

The idea that I've abused this wonderful body that was giving to me is shameful to me. Through all the torture and crap I put it through and it still did the job for me as best as it could....I'm done with the abuse. I really feel badly as if I really hurt someone important to me and I didn't realize it.

I'm not even sure I want to go back to WW anymore....I am seeing the diet industry for what it is and I'm not liking the idea of giving them anymore of my money. Not everyone is going to get this. Not everyone is wanting to get this. This is truly the simplest concept and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to follow it....but you do have to be ready.