Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenMA66
Stats: 227/???/147ish I think?
WOE: HCG/Hunger Scale WLA
Start Date: December 1 2008
216.6 this morning. I have started the drops again. Mentally I'm feeling closer to being able to do protocol than I have since I did it the first time so I'm going to go with it. I'm going to "load" this weekend with lc foods and then start Monday with my version of protocol. It's going to be very similar to the regular one but with a bit more protein and a smidge of fat.

I put a sample day in ****** and it came in around 850 calories and I'm good with that. I'd like to lose anything between 10-15.

Again....always subject to change but mentally I'm just focused and motivated so I'm going to go with it.
ColleenMA66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

I was running out the door this morning when I posted before.

I have taken my 2nd dose for the day and I am starting to feel that same morning sickness feeling that I felt the first time I started hcg. I have to laugh because there are people who don't believe this stuff is anything other than water. It's not.....I don't know what it is..I don't know what it does....but I do know it does something to ME. It may not to everyone who tries it but my body seems to react to it just the way it's supposed to. Hopefully I won't feel as sick as I was the first time...good grief I felt like I was pregnant...lol

I have been off the hcg for 2 weeks so I know that was enough time for my body to have a break. I had been using it pretty consistent since the end of Aug.

I lost 18.6 lbs on my first round and then floundered for weeks going up and down a few pounds and ended up back around 220. This protocol is definitely something that has to be worked at. Maybe to some it's easy but I don't think so. Your mind has to really be in the game. Once the hunger issues go away then it's just the sheer boredom of what we can eat. I use to watch hours and hours of the foodnetwork just pining away over food that I couldn't have. For some odd reason it calmed me. I'm not sure I'll need that same comfort this time but we'll see.

I will start my spreadsheet tomorrow and keep track like I did the first time around.

I lost 2 lbs this week with lc and IF. I had a decent week other than a binge Wed night....not sure what happened there but I couldn't stop shoveling carbs into my mouth. I just think every now and then we need that...not sure why....maybe it's just me...not sure. I was up .8 the following day...but managed to come out with a 2 lb loss for the week so I was happy with that.

As long as the direction is going down I'll be happy...but I'm hoping with the hcg and sticking close to protocol I'll have some bigger losses.

I made lc donuts yesterday....soooooooo good. Last week I made a cheesecake and it was delish as well. I'm trying to make lc treats on the weekend and just eat simple lc during the week. I have to have something to look forward to....I just have to.

This time around I need to transition better after I finish my round....I was so starved for food the first time I went overboard...then I had this crazy thought I could eat what I wanted and still take the hcg and I'd still lose. I know for some that seemed to work ok but it didn't for me. My issue is the carbs/sugar. I just can't introduce them back. I don't see how hcg is going to fix that......I can hope I guess...but not expecting it. I'm actually pretty ok with finding substitutes for things I love. Sugar isn't good for the body period or white flours.....so not having them is just better for you health wise.....weight issues aside.

Oh I forgot my little cauliflower casserole adventure..lol I ate the entire thing in 2 sittings.....that didn't help my weight this week....that's a red light food for me. I need to stay away from that for a while..that and dotties stuffed mushrooms. Yes, you can overeat lc foods.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

217.6 this morning. I semi loaded this weekend. I didn't go nuts. I wasn't going to go crazy. I did have some carby stuff Saturday night and was only up 1.2 yesterday from it. I had some lc mac and cheese yesterday and 2 of the lc donuts....mixed nuts and a burger. I was down .2 this morning.

Stomach is much better now. I was queasy the first day a little bit but nothing like the first time so I'm thinking my body has adapted to the hcg a lot faster this time since I have only been off it for 2 weeks.

My plan today is very simple. Protein and veggies....tbs of almond butter for snack if I need something in the afternoon. I'd like to keep my calories around 800.

Let the round begin!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

216.4 this morning. I'm down 1.2 from yesterday. I had an ok day....stuck to my food plan pretty much. I did have 2 pcs of chocoperfection after dinner but my calories and carbs were so low that I didn't think it would throw things into a tizzy.

I was looking over my numbers from the first round...they were awesome. I'd be thrilled if I came close to what I lost my first round.

Today's food is similar to yesterday

burger, 4 oz
2 celery sticks

almond butter tbs if I need something

pork chop
broccoli 1/2 cp

2 pcs choco perfection if I need it after dinner

Lots of water...as much as I can get in.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:21 AM   #155
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
That is wonderful Colleen! keep it up!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Something I'm learning...if my head is on straight the rest is sort of easy. Any time I've been very successful at my weight loss my head was just there and ready. My body will eventually catch up because the mind is so strong it just doesn't allow for much wiggle room.

Right now I'm going with the hcg because my mind is just in that zone. I wanted it to be in the zone weeks ago but it just wasn't...no matter what I tried or how I self talked and gave myself a pep talk it just wasn't... saying....."yah ....I don't think so" and I struggled and yo yoed all over the place.

I'm really hoping to make some solid progress this round. I'm not expecting what I lost first round...I was pretty much perfect for the first one and I'm not putting that crazy pressure on myself this time. I'm trying to stay as close to protocol as I can without the crazy part.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

215 this morning ....I was skeptical because I ended up eating around 1200 calories yesterday...maybe a little less. I was just so hungry at lunch time I was picking at some stuff...all lc....but more than my burger and cucumbers I was planning on.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #158

AWESOME!!! go Colleen!!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Wow....I wrote out a post and it disappeared. More likely I closed the page and didn't hit submit lol

213 this morning! I'm very pleased with this week so far. I'll take anything extra and be over the moon. I had around 1200 calories yesterday again. I bought a luscious strip steak and cut it in half and had half for lunch and half for dinner. I also had a slice of cheese and a chocoperfection bar. All total my protein was around 14 oz.

I had some plumbing issues yesterday which explains the big 2lb loss but I'll take it. I'm going to have the same menu today and see how I do tomorrow. My body loves beef and usually does really well with it when I have it so we'll see.

Two more days till my weigh in....I need 3 lbs so I can move a bag of flour out of the center of my living room. I'll be VERY excited if I can do that.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

I'm a little bit stressed....not a lot...but a little. There is a thread on the HCG boards saying that the government isn't going to allow hhcg to be sold and some of the sites are pulling their products.

LUCKILY I ordered 4 bottles the other day from Ebay and they came yesterday so I'm safe for a little while but I will most definitely not waste them and screw around like I was before. Maybe this will help me in the long run..I don't know....but I don't like not being able to order them if I should need them...I have 5 bottles total...even if I lost 10 lbs a bottle that's 50 lbs and pretty close to where I want to be but no room for messing about. I need to really buckle down and get this done now.

How is hhcg bad for us but they slap a big thumbs up sign on Alli?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's ok to poop yourself and they don't see anything wrong with that? Are ya kidding me! So annoyed.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

213 this morning.....same exact weight from yesterday. I ate the same exact menu. I was around 1200 calories the last couple of days so I can't be surprised I didn't lose anything today.

I'm going to try to be very close to protocol today. I'd love to see 212 something on the scale tomorrow...anything in the 212s will make me happy.

Realistically if I don't follow protocol to a T I can't expect the same losses but close to them would be awesome.

I was able to order more hcg off the main website from the company I used on Ebay....now I have 9 bottles.....that should be enough to lose 60 pounds...if it's not shame on me!

I must have wasted 3 bottles dinking around before when I was just spinning my wheels. I can't have that attitude. I will get this done this year.

I get my weigh in tomorrow at WW I was afraid I'd lose too much and have to put weights in my pockets so they wouldn't think something was wrong with me but I don't think I'll be over 5lbs...darn.

Tomorrow is my low carb indulge day...I'm going to make some lc brownies and some lc pancakes...yum. I was going to make the brownies today but honestly...I'd eat one and I know it so I can't.

Last week I made lc mac and cheese and lc donuts....both were pretty good....though the mac and cheese was so rich I couldn't eat a lot of it so most got wasted because I only had it the one day.

No dreamfields this week. I did have it the last 2 weeks and even though it's supposed to be lc I do end up with a gain the next day usually but it doesn't make me crave so on my indulge day I think I'll use it....also for all the yummy casseroles filled with cheesy goodness...I can't portion control so they have to be saved for the weekend too....i know..overeating cauliflower casserole..who does that?! I do!! lol

I do enjoy looking at all the blogs with the great recipes trying to pick one or two treats for Saturday...that gives me something to look forward to and I find myself getting excited. Limiting them to the one day I think is a pretty good approach. I have to learn that everyday is not a grand buffet...I need to practice self control and discipline. If I had more of it I might not be where I am today

Enjoy the day....I'll check in tomorrow with the weigh loss for the week.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #162

I love how you talk things out here Colleen.. you have learned alot about yourself, and it is helping others who read this.. keep it up!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Aww thanks Deb! Everyone including you has helped me so much I just hope I can return the favor to others who may not feel comfortable sharing or posting.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

212.6 this morning!!! I'm so happy I am in the 212s...yay me!

I have to go to my WW meeting so I'll get weighed there and it's a little bit more because well...I have clothes on there..lol so my book is a little bit higher than here but it doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure I'll get my next 5lb marker and can move one of the flour sacks out of the way....that leaves only 3!

Last night was tough....I was just wanting to eat to eat..I was a little bit hungry but more just bored and ready for the week to be over and just wanted to eat....the feeling always goes away by morning so if I can make it through the night I'm usually ok.

I lost 5.2 this week on my modified protocol....I'll take it!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:48 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenMA66 View Post
212.6 this morning!!! I'm so happy I am in the 212s...yay me!

I have to go to my WW meeting so I'll get weighed there and it's a little bit more because well...I have clothes on there..lol so my book is a little bit higher than here but it doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure I'll get my next 5lb marker and can move one of the flour sacks out of the way....that leaves only 3!

Last night was tough....I was just wanting to eat to eat..I was a little bit hungry but more just bored and ready for the week to be over and just wanted to eat....the feeling always goes away by morning so if I can make it through the night I'm usually ok.

I lost 5.2 this week on my modified protocol....I'll take it!
Congrats Colleen! that is wonderful!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

There is a saying at WW and it goes something like this. Fail to plan and you plan to fail.

That about sums it up for me.....I did not plan for my Saturday the way I had the 2 weeks prior so apparently that meant eat CARBS...I didn't start out eating them but gradually got lazy and starting scarfing them down....so I was up 5lbs the next morning...how is that even possible...lol Can ya say....carb sensitive!!!!!

Anyhoo....I've been so annoyed with myself I refused to post. I've been focused like a laser and today weighed 212.4 FINALLYYYYY! Now I'm .2 below my Saturdays weight and still hoping to manage to get a loss by Saturday's weigh in but I've wasted 3 good days on plan.....DO NOT DO WHAT I DID!

I'm going back to my dreamfields pasta this Sat and I'm making the brownies on Friday because I won't make them Saturday. If I have one I have one..so be it.

One of the good things I can take from this experience is that I didn't throw in the towel and keep eating. I got right back on plan Sunday and have been pretty strict with myself the last 3 days. I'm not perfect on protocol..I won't lie and say that I am...but I'm pretty darn close...just a bite or two here and there of some extra things but now the hunger is so diminished that I eat sometimes because I just enjoy the pleasure of eating.

Mentally I'm still locked in so that's good. I so want to be under 200 for the first time in years. I'm hoping to be back to my sig weight by next Saturday if I don't mess up this weekend..which I won't...I've promised myself that I will not do that again. What is it about us carb addicts that think this time it will turn out differently? I don't know but I can't seem to get it through my head that this time will indeed be just like the last time and the time before that.

Anyway....that's my progress this week...I'm proud of myself for actually getting the gain off..but still annoyed that I had it in the first place.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:09 AM   #167

Glad to hear you got right back on Colleen! That is usually the start of a downward trend for most of us! SUCCESS!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

I refuse to call this week a failure because I did learn a lot. For the week I have a net loss of .2 yes...I said .2! I actually lost 6.2 but I can only claim the .2 because the 6 was losing weight from being off plan...grrr..how annoying.

HOWEVER I am choosing to look at it this way....I had A loss this week. I did not quit and go nuts and eat my way through the entire week. I had a few moments of out of control eating but quickly reigned it back in and ended up with a small loss. I'll take it!

I intend to keep on track today and just eat low carb food and not stuff myself to the point of being sick but indulge in a few extras that I've been craving. I have got to learn how to control myself around lc food and just plain resist the other stuff as much as I can completely...we will never be friends....frenemies maybe but never friends.

My goal is to not have a huge gain tomorrow and get below 210 this week.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 21 days - 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Quote:
I refuse to call this week a failure because I did learn a lot. For the week I have a net loss of .2 yes...I said .2! I actually lost 6.2 but I can only claim the .2 because the 6 was losing weight from being off plan...grrr..how annoying.

HOWEVER I am choosing to look at it this way....I had A loss this week. I did not quit and go nuts and eat my way through the entire week. I had a few moments of out of control eating but quickly reigned it back in and ended up with a small loss. I'll take it!

I intend to keep on track today and just eat low carb food and not stuff myself to the point of being sick but indulge in a few extras that I've been craving. I have got to learn how to control myself around lc food and just plain resist the other stuff as much as I can completely...we will never be friends....frenemies maybe but never friends.

My goal is to not have a huge gain tomorrow and get below 210 this week.
Enjoy reading your journal, you WILL reach your goal with your determination.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Magic!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Colleen, your journal is awesome! You sound just like me in so many ways. Thanks for posting your progress even when it was tough to do so. I appreciate that because we have all been there.

I'm on VLCD 6 and really wondering if I can make it 15 more days!!! The weight loss is great but this is hard stuff.

Looking forward to watching your continued success.

Laura
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Ellgee!It means a lot to know that there are those out there that might find my journal helpful or entertaining or both lol

This diet is the toughest one I've ever done bar none. I'm struggling right this minute with habit hunger..it's 7:26pm I'm NOT hungry but I want to eat something just because...grr..told myself my window is closed for eating and I'll be so happy in the morning when I wake up so we'll see.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

212 this morning! This is the lowest I've been in awhile. It's going to take me longer to lose because I take Saturday off so it takes me a couple days to recover from that. I am hoping to get to the point where I only need one day to recover because having to re lose it sucks but mentally I just need a break one day a week and if I can still lose 2lbs or more a week I'll be happy with that.

I looked at my calendar and on Feb 6th I weighed 220. I've lost a solid 8 lbs since then. I don't know about you but if I were following lc or ww or a combination of both I'd not have lost the 8. On a lc I was good for 1.5 a week usually and that was if I didn't lose it at some point and binge.

I have had a couple of binges during this 2 week period but all in all I've been doing pretty good. I'm going to keep using the hcg till I get to 200 and then I'll see if I need a break from it for a couple of weeks. I think because I take a relaxed approach towards my Saturday that mentally I can get through the rest of the week. I'm not starving.

Yesterday afternoon was tough and I did have a lc binge I suppose....stress gets to me and I was feeling stress from a couple of different sources...nothing huge but just enough to get me going. I ate a handful of peanuts...a choco perfection bar and cpl tbsp of peanut butter. So to be able to say I was down today was exciting.

I wanted chips and bread but I didn't have any. I have to remind myself what I'm trying to accomplish and get refocused..it only takes a minute of weakness for me and I'm off to the races.

I'm really hoping for a good day so I can see 211 something in the morning
Old 03-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #174

YEAH FOR YOU! that is wonderful Colleen, hope you see 211 soon also!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 21 days - 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Quote:
212 this morning! This is the lowest I've been in awhile. It's going to take me longer to lose because I take Saturday off so it takes me a couple days to recover from that. I am hoping to get to the point where I only need one day to recover because having to re lose it sucks but mentally I just need a break one day a week and if I can still lose 2lbs or more a week I'll be happy with that.

I looked at my calendar and on Feb 6th I weighed 220. I've lost a solid 8 lbs since then. I don't know about you but if I were following lc or ww or a combination of both I'd not have lost the 8. On a lc I was good for 1.5 a week usually and that was if I didn't lose it at some point and binge.

I have had a couple of binges during this 2 week period but all in all I've been doing pretty good. I'm going to keep using the hcg till I get to 200 and then I'll see if I need a break from it for a couple of weeks. I think because I take a relaxed approach towards my Saturday that mentally I can get through the rest of the week. I'm not starving.

Yesterday afternoon was tough and I did have a lc binge I suppose....stress gets to me and I was feeling stress from a couple of different sources...nothing huge but just enough to get me going. I ate a handful of peanuts...a choco perfection bar and cpl tbsp of peanut butter. So to be able to say I was down today was exciting.

I wanted chips and bread but I didn't have any. I have to remind myself what I'm trying to accomplish and get refocused..it only takes a minute of weakness for me and I'm off to the races.

I'm really hoping for a good day so I can see 211 something in the morning
You are working YOUR plan and seems to be working for you and that is what matters most. 211 is just around the corner, keep it up!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Thank you both!

I was sitting here reading all the different threads this morning and all that we (mostly women) are willing to do to lose weight. We really are the stronger sex lol

I'm off to work...enjoy the day!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

211.2 finally some territory I've not seen in awhile....sept of last year to be exact. I basically wasted the last 2 weeks...I was up and down so much that I ended up standing still for the most part.

TOM did a job on me last week...I was craving like nobody's business. I binged a few times but luckily managed to end my week with a .2 gain...it could have been so much more.

I ate barely anything yesterday....2 eggs...tbsp mayo...burger..tbsp pbutter and one pc of choco perfection bar. I drank 3 big ww mugs of water.

The part about this hcg that I'm simply amazed at is the lack of hunger. I could feel my stomach growling because the food I had given it was gone and I had no interest in eating.

I'm so irritated I'm wasting precious time that I'm going to try my best at pushing this week to the max and see how much I can lose. I'd like to get back to the numbers in my siggy...that would be awesome...but we'll see.

I'm just grateful the scale is below 212 I felt like I was stuck there forever.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #178

I am feeling that way too Colleen.. wasting time.. why do we do that?... Here is to a better week!!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

I don't know Deb but I'm blaming hormones!!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Woke up this morning to 210...YAY!!!! Even better than that I'm wearing a pair of jeans that have been in the drawer for a long time that I've never actually worn...I can button them and sit comfortable and they are the low rise kind....still a tiny bit of pooch but not bad at all...no muffin top!

Today is going to be a challenge for me so please wish me luck. I have an Apple class this morning which isn't bad...I'm going to Whole Foods after and pick up a few yummy things that I promised myself I could get if I got to 210 this morning....not worried about that.

I'm taking Mom shopping today to get something at Home Depot and I know we'll go out to lunch...that's where the challenge will be. I need to focus and just get a salad with some protein....and if it's a big enough meal that will be my only meal for the day. If I could avoid it I would but I can't....I promised her and the boyfriend is coming tomorrow so he needs the part to fix the handle of the toilet which is what we are going to get...bah.

I really need to focus on all that I've accomplished so far and I don't want to back slide.