Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 04:01 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenMA66
Stats: 227/???/147ish I think?
WOE: HCG/Hunger Scale WLA
Start Date: December 1 2008
Yes!!!! lol I had a 3 day food orgy and only had the drops for one of them because I didn't want to be sick like I was last time when I loaded....the boyfriend was down for the weekend and I didn't want to feel Had I known I was going to be fine I'd have started my drops earlier...oh well.
ColleenMA66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
That's right, oh well it is in the past and you had fun, life is short and now you are knocking it off.

I love this stuff because now we know it is not a hopeless cause when we have too much food...

I don't give up anymore, like I have in the past. YEAH FOR HHCG!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:00 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

I've been MIA for a few days...I'll do a quick recap....I went sideways this weekend I am pmsing and this is the week where I crave food....junk...sugar and carbs and I have been indulging...but I have given myself a stern talking to and I'm going to get back to the plan and get back to my LDW.

Right now I'm 213. I was 217 monday morning...yah...I know....it's crazy how fast it comes off with HCG which is good....but...hmm....makes me think I can play around with things. I need to cut that out. Focus is protein and veggies.

I want new territory soon!! Even though I've been screwing around for the last 2 weeks I'm happy to say I haven't regained all my weight which was a huge fear of mine.

I just need to do it and get under 200...that's my goal for the year and then knock off the rest next year. It's almost OCT...I'd like this done before Thanksgiving!

I will come back later and post my menu..maybe that will help me stay focused.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:17 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenMA66 View Post
I've been MIA for a few days...I'll do a quick recap....I went sideways this weekend I am pmsing and this is the week where I crave food....junk...sugar and carbs and I have been indulging...but I have given myself a stern talking to and I'm going to get back to the plan and get back to my LDW.

Right now I'm 213. I was 217 monday morning...yah...I know....it's crazy how fast it comes off with HCG which is good....but...hmm....makes me think I can play around with things. I need to cut that out. Focus is protein and veggies.

I want new territory soon!! Even though I've been screwing around for the last 2 weeks I'm happy to say I haven't regained all my weight which was a huge fear of mine.

I just need to do it and get under 200...that's my goal for the year and then knock off the rest next year. It's almost OCT...I'd like this done before Thanksgiving!

I will come back later and post my menu..maybe that will help me stay focused.
that is an excellent loss girl!! you can do it and we will cheer you on!!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:45 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Deb!

I think it's important to share what we are doing with each other without fear of judgment...other wise I'd just go off and do it alone and no one would know what's happening and my experiences may or may not help someone else.

When I first started reading about this diet I was one of those that thought you had to do it right to the letter and maybe you do in the end. I don't know. I know that I'm going to get the weight off and then worry about it.

I'm NOT advocating eating garbage while doing this diet...I'm trying not to get into stuff but this is my trouble week so I'm doing the best I can. Ultimately we have to change our eating habits or we'll never be able to get off HCG

I do want to get it in gear and I will.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:53 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

I'm down .8 this morning. This week has been up and down for me. I'm expecting TOM in 4 days if I start as scheduled which explains my raging appetite and craving sugar/junk. I'm not going to stress out over it. I know it will pass and I can get back on track.

I know the hcg is working because my appetite is less....it's not helping with the cravings as much as my first round but I think I was so locked in the first round nothing could have deterred me.

I'd like to see 210 by Sat...we'll see...it's a long shot...right now I'm 212.4. I need to focus and persevere if I want to reach that goal.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 AM   #127

Quote:
I'm down .8 this morning. This week has been up and down for me. I'm expecting TOM in 4 days if I start as scheduled which explains my raging appetite and craving sugar/junk. I'm not going to stress out over it. I know it will pass and I can get back on track.

I know the hcg is working because my appetite is less....it's not helping with the cravings as much as my first round but I think I was so locked in the first round nothing could have deterred me.

I'd like to see 210 by Sat...we'll see...it's a long shot...right now I'm 212.4. I need to focus and persevere if I want to reach that goal.
That is a great loss with TOM on his way... heck it's a great loss anyway!!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:48 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Agreed Deb. My intention of course was to eat clean yesterday and I would say I did for the most part...but 2 chocolate covered cherries and 2 funny bones found their way into my mouth..dang chocolate!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:41 AM   #129

Quote:
Agreed Deb. My intention of course was to eat clean yesterday and I would say I did for the most part...but 2 chocolate covered cherries and 2 funny bones found their way into my mouth..dang chocolate!
Chocolate can be very very SNEAKY!!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #130

Where are you Colleen? you ok?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Wow....it's been so long since I posted here I forgot where it was..lol

I'm good for anyone who might be wondering.

I'll sum it up in digest form. I gained about 10 lbs back not because HCG doesn't work but because Colleen doesn't work sometimes.

Today I weighed in at 216.8 so that's 9.2 from my lowest...so...I have managed to turn the sinking ship around.

I'm doing my own thing....so I am not recommending this to anyone...but here is what I'm doing.

I rejoined weight watchers for the self discipline of having to face someone at the scale each week. I use the ww point system to keep my calories in check and I eat LC most of the time. I still take my hhcg and I think it helps a lot...I can't tell you how or why but I do believe it does something.

Here is something else I'm doing and it for whatever reason is helping me. I took a pretty journal that I'll never use that I have tons of and I started keeping track of all the things I WANT in the day but I DO NOT HAVE....so far I'm up over 3k calories. Each calorie is a point and when I hit 20k points I'm buying myself something....in a smaller size hopefully.

I really start to think before I grab something because I really want to be able to write in my journal that I didn't have it and add up all the calories I didn't eat that I would have in the past. I have decorated it with stickers and pictures of women I find beautiful and sexy and who I want to be like in my own way. I'm not going to look like a victoria secret model...I get that...but I can look like MY version of one!

My weigh in is tomorrow...I'll be back to post how I did.

Oh another thing I did.....I bought 5 5lb bags of flower...that's a visual sign of 25lbs for me and it's plunked in the middle of my living room. When I lose 5lbs I get to move a bag out of the way...I'm walking over this thing all day long looking at it....I'm most likely going to take one in a tote bag when I go out and lug it around just to keep me focused on what I'm trying to do. I have 3 piles of flour to lose but I'm approaching it in 25lb blocks or I'd never get over 14 bags every day..lol

I'm trying to think outside the box this time.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #132

Good to hear from you Colleen! your plan sounds wonderful, anything that motivates us is a good thing!!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I'm back from my ww meeting and I would call my first week of my new approach a success especially since I didn't actually get it into gear till Wed.

I'm down 4.8! And the best part is.....I get to move a sack of flour..whoohoooooo. Now I have 4 more sacks to move out of the pile and I'll be done with 25lbs. I'm excited.

To recap..I'm following ww points system but eating lc foods and using hhcg. I'm keeping my calories around 1k - 1500k and my carbs 25- 30. I have plenty of points and don't feel very much hunger throughout my day. I'm still working on the cravings and habit hunger but all in all it was a pretty good half of a week.

My goal is to lose 2 - 3 a week consistently...consistently is the key word in that sentence. Today is my FREE REIGN DAY and that's exactly what it means....anything I want just for the day and 6 days focused.

Now to those of you who are thinking....that's not much what's the big deal why bother with the hhcg. I did the protocol first time around pretty much to the letter..it's HARD...no two ways about it....I would rather try to eat the way I could the rest of my life and get this weigh off...if the hhcg can give me a little advantage in that department I'll take it and keep my sanity at the same time.

To each their own....but I don't think I could get my mind to do a strict protocol again unless you paid me a lot of money.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #134

WONDERFUL!!! excellent loss, plan and attitude!! 2 thumbs up! ...
Old 01-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday

I think today is the coldest day we've had so far this year OMG it's cold!

I have a massage client coming this afternoon and if I don't get my hands to warm up this poor woman is going to jump off my table when I touch her.

I had my FRD yesterday (free reign day) and I ate whatever I wanted. I'll spare you the gory details but my rule was I had to write it all down and I did.

Back to being focused for the next 6 days. I've already written in my didn't eat journal because I went to Mcdonalds to get a diet coke and I hadn't eaten yet for the day so I could have easily grabbed something but I didn't...not even tempted. I came home and had my burger and a slice of cheese.

It's almost noon and I have no desire to get my lunch ready. I like to eat before my client comes but I may end up waiting just because I'm not hungry in the least.

I'm torn between weighing every day like I did during protocol or not weighing till my weigh in Sunday. I weighed this morning and I was up because of what I ate yesterday but because I wrote it down and did the calories I know it wasn't as bad as the scale said and it's mostly water.

I know for me not to weigh I'd prob have to remove the battery. I'm not sure I can resist not looking every day to see if there is a loss. I don't think checking every day is a bad thing as long as you can not allow it to rule your day.

I'm off to warm up my hands!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #136

Good job Colleen! I like how you are keeping yourself accountable!... hope today is still going great for you!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Today has been the easiest day I've ever had...I wish they were all like this!

I put all my food in ****** for the day and it came to around 1k calories...I'm still under my points for the day. I had my lunch around 3:30 and dinner won't be till after 6 so I should be fine. I love lc for the absence of cravings for the most part. I wish I could be one of those moderation people but when it comes to sugar and flour I can't seem to. I think the hardest part is accepting that.

I'm behind on my doses though....I think I've had 3 for today...I usually try for 6...so I might end up with 5 today.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:51 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

I'm sick of snow!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what?! It's SNOWING!

I have had it up to my eyeballs with this stuff...I'm freezing and I can't go anywhere. I've never hated winter this early before....well...maybe I have

I was down this morning about 1.4 but still have a few to get off from my FRD on Sunday. I'm going to have to really decide if I want to trade slower weight loss for my indulgences on Sunday. I'm going to have to find a happy medium in there. I don't want to deprive myself totally but I also don't want to spend 3 days losing this.

I did my food log for today on ****** I'm coming in around 900 calories and 25ish carbs so my food is in line with where I want it to be. I'd like to tweek my calories little bit more and be around 800 on a low day 1000 on a high day.

I know I said I want to lose this slower by having more food but I don't want it to be TOO slow either where I'm just going to get frustrated. Right now I'm focused and willing so I think I should harness that and go with it.

I wish everyone a great day where ever you are!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Just a quickie

My day came in around 688 give or take a few calories and 20 ish carbs....better than I had planned. I was little hungry at times but I kept focused on the big picture and what I'm trying to achieve.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:15 AM   #140

Great Job Colleen!!! I am so happy you are back to journaling and doing well!! yipppeeee!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quick update on me.

I'm taking a break from the hhcg for about 2 weeks. I'm just focused on eating lc and portion control. I'm pretty satisfied with 1500 - 1600 calories and keeping my carbs to around 25-30.

I'm keeping off the scale till Saturday when I have my meeting but I'm around 217.2 right now...we'll see how much I can do this week.

I want to follow this for 2 weeks and then reintroduce the hhcg for a week eating the same way and see if it helps or hinders. The reason I'm stopping the hcg is that I just can't eat under 1k a day.....lets put it this way....I DON'T want to. I want to eat the way I am going to eat for the rest of my life so I have to get into a lc groove.

I think I was struggling as much as I was before on lc was my portions were just out of whack. It's not an all you can eat diet and I didn't really pay attention to portion sizes..if it was lc I thought it was fair game. I'm trying to really focus on eating for hunger and fueling my body and not to eat because I can.

I'm not opposed to using hcg....I just need a break. I need to see how I do without it and then try it again and see if it helps or not.

If our behaviors don't change it doesn't matter what we do..eventually we'll put the weight back on because we will behave the same way that got us here in the first place.

So finding a lifestyle that I can live with and be happy is very important to me...the weight will come off and I won't feel so stressed about it. I think stress works against us that's why I need to not step on the scale other than once a week.

I know I'm all over the place and half my problem is I need to pick something and JUST DO IT. There is no magic pill..just follow the plan you pick and be honest. I'm tracking my food in ****** every day so I can make sure my calories are in line and my carbs are no more than 10% and I feel good...so I'm going to keep on keeping on.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Happy February!

We are having a 2 day snow storm...boo hiss!

I'm up a lb from yesterday. I'm pretty sure I know what the deal is. I made dotties stuffed mushrooms yesterday and for some reason sausage makes me retain water. I kept my calories and carbs in check so I know that's what it is. Bacon doesn't bother me but sausage does.

I peeked on the scale that's why I know I'm up. I told myself serves me right for peeking! Stay off till Saturday...that's an order!

All in all I'm feeling good. I'm keeping my food log on ****** and being honest about it and making changes to make sure I fit in my guidelines. Instead of having everything I wanted and then putting it in and going...oh crap I over shot my target. I do it in the morning and make trade offs if there is something I really want so I stay within my limits.

I found a bunch of low carb sites and blogs yesterday with such yummy food recipes on them I can't wait to try some. My only problem is I don't have a big appetite on lc...which is good! But I don't really snack or have dessert MOST times. I just don't need it if I'm honest with myself. That's pretty big shift for me. I used to drive myself up the walls in the afternoon for a snack because I just felt I needed it. I did have an oz of mixed nuts yesterday (more salt) no wonder I'm up a lb...duh. But I just wanted to eat to eat. I wasn't hungry. I would have no problem making it till dinner..which ended up being a single chicken thigh..that's it.

I also got some choco perfection bars.......in case you ever want to buy some...DO NOT buy them from the chocoperfection website like I did....netrition has them sooo much cheaper I'm still pissed over that one. I mean A LOT cheaper. Each bar is 5 little squares and I find one square is enough for me after dinner for dessert. I count the calories and give it a carb just because.

I am back to listening to my podcasts. Dana Carpender has a new one I listened to the first 4 episodes of that one..it was very good. I wish there were more to catch up on but only 4. Now I'm doing the Livin La Vida Lo Carb with Jimmy Moore...his are very good too and I have tons to catch up on because I stopped last year sometime when I went off plan.

I'm off to shower and get my day going and move my cat who has attached herself to my lap.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick note.

This is what I'm doing......IF (intermittent fasting) and lc. I'm 218.2 this morning.

Yesterday I had....

4 oz chicken
2 stalks celery

8 oz steak
2 cauliflower breadsticks

Today I'm going to have

4 oz burger
2 stalks celery

6 chicken wings
mashed cauliflower

You want to know what's weird. In reality..I don't actually have as big an appetite as I thought I did. It's 11:41 and I'm starting to get a little hungry. I'm not starving but it's starting to poke at me. I'll eat my lunch and be good till right before 5pm and have dinner. I actually don't need all the food I was eating before. I LIKE to eat but I can't eat just to eat. I need to eat to fuel my body and not for entertainment.

I'm changing ever so slowly but I am changing.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:12 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

This mornings weight 217.8

I'm happy it's moving in the right direction. I had soy sauce in my chicken marinade yesterday and I was concerned it cause a slight gain because of the sodium.

I did end up having a mid afternoon snack yesterday. Around 2pm I was truly hungry so I had another burger I had cooked at lunch and a slice of cheese. My calories were around 1300 I think and 20 something carbs mostly because of the marinade.

Today my food plan is

dbl baconater from Wendys no bun

4 oz chicken tenders
cheesey cauliflower casserole thing....I have 2 I like not sure which one I'm going to use.

Not eating till noon has been ok so far. I'm sitting here at 8 am writing this and I can feel my stomach grumbling but no desire to eat....thats what I love about lc so much....the cravings which drove me insane all but disappear and I can actually BE hungry and be ok with it. When I'm in the sugar I can have such intense cravings that I don't even have to be hungry in order to binge...it's nice to be free of that.

I'm going to finish this week with my meal plan and then next week I'm going to do the same meal plan but include the hcg just to see what it does. Then I'll decide how to proceed. I haven't used the hcg in almost 2 weeks so it's well out of my system. I'm through the carb detox and feeling pretty good. Oh and did I mention this is TOM for me.....so I did not have a huge gain and and the cravings were pretty much nil.

I am catching up on all my podcasts and I have to agree with what I've been hearing. I don't know if lc is for everyone because some people seem to be able to handle carbs for whatever reason...but for those of us who can't....lc is a lifesaver...it truly is. I think lc could benefit just about everyone but not sure if everyone needs to go that route. Like in all things in life..find what works for you and just do it.

I've also added in 20 mins of exercise....bike right now because there is too much snow to walk...but as soon as I can get outside I'll walk again because I prefer that.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #145

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Hi Colleen. Just wanted to say hello. I'm doing hHCG right now and will transition to WW for maintenance

Looks like you are finding what works for you. That's the key to success!
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #146

GO COLLEEN!! wow you are doing wonderful with this. I tried going till lunch and I don't know if it is because I drink coffee or what, but I want food soon after that... anyway.. good luck seems to be working well for you!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Princess, Thanks Deb!

I wasn't eating breakfast till around 10 am usually anyway so once I realized my window of eating was 10am - 5pm and I found out what IF was I thought..heck I'm practically doing that now so I might as well see if I can stretch it till noon. I was doing that when I was on protocol so I knew I could do it.....but I do get a little hungry...I'm hungry now as I write this but I'm thinking of that yummy burger I'm going to have at noon so I can make it an hr and a half...its just a different kind of feeling from cravings...cravings make me INSANE and I can't wait...hunger...I can push it aside for awhile.

Like you have said in the past Deb this is a big giant science experiment and I am fickle...so what's working for me right now may not in a month and I reserve the right to change...lol As long as the scale keeps going down I'm good with changing things up every so often. I don't think there is only one way to lose weight.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Boyfriend is a dink. I love him...but oy I hate when people point out the obvious like I'm some sort of ninny who didn't actually think of that myself. Ok...vent off.

I'm 218.2 this morning...up .4 Yep...I love me some cauliflower casserole...too much of a good thing will indeed make the scale mean to you.

I think I ate half of it last night if I were to be honest about it..I kept picking and picking at it....but it's soooooooooo yummy!

I'll give myself a swift kick today so I can get back on track..I intend to have a loss this saturday at my weigh in and then start hcg back again on Sunday. I'm actually feeling like getting back closer to protocol...I won't be exactly...but I want this weight to start coming off ASAP so I need to get serious and I think I'm more mentally ready. We'll see....all this is of course subject to change and my whims at any given moment.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #149

Morning Colleen, hope things are still going well!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

217.6 this morning.....weigh in tomorrow....crossing fingers it's lower.