Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sassy_red
Stats: 230/192.2/145 - 5'8"
WOE: HCG/Simeon's Protocol
Start Date: 23 July '10 (R1P2) ~ 7 Sep '10 (R2P2)
Hey Colleen!! I just found your journal and love your journey, fantastic success!! When do you think you'll start back on P2?
sassy_red is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenMA66
Stats: 227/???/147ish I think?
WOE: HCG/Hunger Scale WLA
Start Date: December 1 2008
Hi Sassy!

According to my calendar I'd like to be back in P2 by Oct 8th...load that weekend.

I'm so wanting to go back now but I'm forcing myself to wait till after my next TOM. I don't want to deal with it during.
ColleenMA66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

I started my R1 directly after my period so was able to dodge that bullet but I'm only a week into my own VLCDs for R2 and TOM is due to appear sometime in the next week or so. Not looking forward to it - historically, that's my worst time for cravings, hunger and bouncy-emotions.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_red View Post
I started my R1 directly after my period so was able to dodge that bullet but I'm only a week into my own VLCDs for R2 and TOM is due to appear sometime in the next week or so. Not looking forward to it - historically, that's my worst time for cravings, hunger and bouncy-emotions.
I'm the same exact way so I was hoping to wait till it passes. Of course every day I wake up and look at my belly I think maybe I won't wait! lol

We'll see where I am tomorrow. I'm not stabilizing in my opinion very well. I'm up .4 over my window so I'll see where I'm at tomorrow and the end of the week.

I seriously need to stop getting on the scale at all weird times of the day...I'm making myself crazy.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:58 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

I'm within my window this morning. I'm still over LDW by 1.8 but it's better than it was the other day. I'm hoping I can get it down more by Friday. We are going out for a fancy dinner for my birthday. I've already looked at the menu and know I can avoid sugar and starch pretty easily. I'm sure I'll miss the bread and pasta....boo...but I won't cheat....too scared!

Got a compliment from the boyfriend that my butt looks great.....talk about incentive....

I'm eating mostly protein, veggies, salad dressing, cocoa crack and 1 min muffins. I haven't had much fruit...I'm afraid to have it....but I should. I just made poor choices because that's what I had in the house.

I've come to realize that if I'm honest about my hunger I don't get that hungry during the day. I also think not having starch and sugar has a lot to do with it.

Today is my one small diet coke day....whoohoooo...I almost forgot. I basically drink water....but I did have ice tea yesterday. I'm allowing myself a couple of diet cokes a week....one on Wed and one on Sat. I don't want to get hooked back on it...but honestly...I don't actually want to give it up completely. I'd like to be able to have it sometimes.

Maybe I'll have some strawberries for dessert tonight....I have some native ones that I froze this summer...that's the plan!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Mmmmm, salad dressing. *drool* Am seriously missing that one on my current P2!!

And strawberries are awesome. Might as well stock up on fruit while it's still in season - we've got kickbutt nectarines, peaches, apples and all sorts of other good stuff in my area, but I can't have most of it because of which phase I'm in!!! Oh well, I can always get it next year and I'd rather be skinny than eat sweet fruit anyway.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Happy Birthday tomorrow Colleen!! May you have a fabulous day!!

Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:31 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Thank you!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #99

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #100

How are things going Colleen? Did you have a nice birthday?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

I had an awesome birthday......too awesome......I am back on P2...lol I had a feeling I'd use my birthday weekend as a loading weekend.....so I'm back on the plan ....I'll start my lcd today. I'm hoping the load weight comes off quickly....I think a lot of it is carb weight since I ate a lot of them....I wasn't going to...but....oh well...they are my weakness.

I am using the same bottle as the first time because I still have about 1/4 of it left. I was hardly nauseous at all yesterday. I'm wondering if my body is use to it now and didn't get sick this time? I'm paranoid so I'm hoping my stuff is still good....it should be...I didn't move it from where it's been sitting for 2 weeks and the shelf life is supposed to be pretty long for this stuff...even opened.

I'll be happy once I see the scale moving downward again.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:10 AM   #102

P2 is a nice comfort zone.. it feels so much better to be losing, than trying to maintain...

I know what you mean, and so many others are doing the same thing. You will do awesome, because you KNOW what to do! Go Colleen!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo, go Colleen!!! Welcome to loading days, have a blast!!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_red View Post
Woohoo, go Colleen!!! Welcome to loading days, have a blast!!
Congrats to you Miss Sassy!!!!!!!!! You are where I'm hoping to be by the end of the year....well sooner.....but...onederland....I haven't seen that in YEARS!! It must feel soooooooo good....I'm so happy for you
Old 09-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy does it ever!! I was down a bit today about how I've only lost ~6 lbs (net) this round, but omg does making it to Onederland more than make up for the "puny" losses!! R2 is going to be a long round anyway so I'm not too worried but yeah, nothing beats looking down at the scale and seeing 1xx.x
Old 09-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

I agree....I've decided this is the big push to get to onderland for me so I may be in P2 for a while.....whatever it takes...I need to take advantage of my mindset....I just want this weight GONE!!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was pretty easy. I really loaded this time because I wasn't feeling sick like my first round so I ended up gaining 8.6 I think over 3 days. I had such a great weekend I'm not upset over it..I'm not thrilled.. but I knew what I was doing.

I think my theory is correct.....hcg or not my body is very sensitive to carbs and sugars and I gain very quickly on them.

I'm down 2 this morning so it's not coming off as fast as it went on but it is what it is.

My goal is to get back to my LDW by the end of the week....I'll be happy if that happens.

I believe the hcg has kicked in because I wasn't very hungry yesterday. I ended up eating a burger for lunch and a chicken leg for dinner and that was basically it for me for the day...yes I ate the skin. I'm not going to worry about fat as much as I did the first round as I don't actually believe that is the problem...I believe it's starches and sugars...so for me fruit is in that grp. I am going to try to include some strawberries and see how I do.

I used my reg body wash this morning...reg shampoo and conditioner...the only thing I'm changing is my toothpaste.

Remember...I have 60 lbs I'd like to lose so I think the more weight you have the more leeway we might have...that's what I think anyway....but I could be wrong so don't go by me This is a big giant experiment for me too.

I like how my mood is better on hcg and the hunger and food issues seem to be less. I was obsessed with food the first round because I couldn't eat anything....felt like that. This round I'm hoping I don't get that way.

I seem to be able to walk away from the caffeine and the sugar without much trouble which is amazing to me. It could also be that I'm just focused and want this weight gone yesterday. I've had a taste of success and now I want more....I want to wear my clothes and feel like I used to feel. Actually....I think I'll appreciate it more this time. I never felt done before. I was always in the process of losing more weight and never got to goal. I look at pictures of myself during the process and I looked pretty good even though I still had like 20 lbs to go. I'd kill for that now! I was so close...bah. No use in dwelling....I'm here now and I will get there this time. I really believe that....just going to take time..I'm too stubborn to quit.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:47 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alasse'
Stats: 286/271/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 12, 2010
I'm glad you started this journal Colleen. One of my co-workers is on it also and having success with it. I'm curious so I'll be reading all your posts. I've thought of trying it.
alasse' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Alasse!

I lurked for quite awhile before I tried it. I wish I'd had known about this last year...actually...I did....but it sounded too kooky for me....stupid me

I found the first round to be challenging...the hunger does go...but the mental hunger stays at times....just knowing I CAN'T have makes me want to have it more..like most people..if you can settle into a routine and mentally accept that this is how it is...it's not hard and I highly suggest doing a short round just for the mental part of it.

After 3 weeks of pretty strict eating I needed a mental break and I enjoyed it. I have read on another board about some who cycle 14 days in p2 and then 7 - 10 days in p3...I MIGHT do that...not sure..we'll see how I'm doing...today is only day 2
Old 09-21-2010, 05:12 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alasse'
Stats: 286/271/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 12, 2010
Hang in there, sounds like you are doing a great job.

I know what you mean about wanting something more because you can't have it. I wish I knew a trick to help alleviate that but I don't. I'm obsessed with food.
alasse' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

I'm obsessive in general so food is no different for me. What worked for *me* was watching the food channel....I know, I know.....what's wrong with me but it really did help. Knowing that someday I'd be able to eat yummy food again and just knowing that every day I was getting smaller and smaller just kept me focused and on target.

For me to have stuck to a diet for 3 weeks was amazing in itself. Something about the hcg made me less obsessed but I still was....not sure if that makes sense...I think I was obsessed in a different way maybe.

I'm not saying this approach is for everyone....but its like nothing I've ever tried before and so far it's working for me and I can do it and not beat myself up over failing after 3 days on plan...whatever that plan was at the moment.

I LOVE lc eating and choose that to be my way of life...but it wasn't working for me to get the weight off..I was on a big see saw it seemed like...up and down...2 steps forward and 3 back...broke my spirit and made me feel like a failure and I just kept getting bigger I dieted my way all the way up to 227....actually higher...I started this year around 237. I take it one day at a time and just focus on making today a great day. I think I'll be a lot less neurotic this round though....least I hope so.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:36 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Well I think you're doing fantastic!! I'm a low-carber too but can easily follow P3 indefinitely (the inclusion of fruit on what is essentially a LC diet is awesome!). Good luck this round, hope it does wonders for you!!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenMA66 View Post
I'm obsessive in general so food is no different for me. What worked for *me* was watching the food channel....I know, I know.....what's wrong with me but it really did help. Knowing that someday I'd be able to eat yummy food again and just knowing that every day I was getting smaller and smaller just kept me focused and on target.

For me to have stuck to a diet for 3 weeks was amazing in itself. Something about the hcg made me less obsessed but I still was....not sure if that makes sense...I think I was obsessed in a different way maybe.

I'm not saying this approach is for everyone....but its like nothing I've ever tried before and so far it's working for me and I can do it and not beat myself up over failing after 3 days on plan...whatever that plan was at the moment.

I LOVE lc eating and choose that to be my way of life...but it wasn't working for me to get the weight off..I was on a big see saw it seemed like...up and down...2 steps forward and 3 back...broke my spirit and made me feel like a failure and I just kept getting bigger I dieted my way all the way up to 227....actually higher...I started this year around 237. I take it one day at a time and just focus on making today a great day. I think I'll be a lot less neurotic this round though....least I hope so.
You have come a long way in your thinking and attitude since you started your journey. I am THRILLED for you, you have the tools, and the mindset, to go all the way! Cheering you on Colleen!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

My 2nd day was good. I am amazed at how not hungry I am right from the start of this round. I was hungry the first week of my first round. I'm using the same hcg. I think I loaded better and that made a big difference.

I ate a burger, steak and some asparagus today...drank all my water. I did have some mental hunger just because I LIKE eating but nothing I couldn't deal with.

I'm curious to those of us who have done more than 1 round did you track your losses and were they similar to your other rounds? I'm wondering how I'll lose this time. I never really lost more than 2 lbs at a time and that was not very often...maybe once..my first day. I ended up averaging .93 which I know is good. I'd love the same sort of losses this time around too.

I feel good...mentally I feel really good....I do love how the hcg works on my mental state...better than any happy pills...
Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

I'm down 2.8 this morning! I was very surprised that I had such a big loss. I'll be thrilled if I can be back down to 207 this weekend then I can get into some new territory! It's so exciting to be having success.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:33 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on getting that load weight off quick!! Now on to virgin weightloss territory!!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenMA66 View Post
I'm down 2.8 this morning! I was very surprised that I had such a big loss. I'll be thrilled if I can be back down to 207 this weekend then I can get into some new territory! It's so exciting to be having success.
GO COLLEEN!!! YES!!! happy for you and your success!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

O M G I wanted to eat today! Not because I was hungry because I wasn't hungry if at all today but I wanted to eat sooooo badly.

It could have been the diet coke...I am allowing 2 a week...one on Wed and the other on Saturday. I had a light lunch of shrimp so maybe it wasn't filling enough for me. I was wanting to munch on carbs really bad but I didn't. I did take a tsp of almond butter. I got all my water in..just finished dinner so I should be good...I think the cravings have passed...Oy!

I am pleased to say that hunger isn't an issue....love that about this diet. I mean I can feel my stomach is empty but I don't have any feeling of hunger.

Right now I'm feeling bloated just because I got all my water in and most of it came this afternoon.

Close call!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:44 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Down .6 I'll take it! I hope I have a better day mentally than I did yesterday....that was a tough one....no soda for me today!!! I really believe that set off my cravings so water, water and water for me today.

I'm really hoping to get down to my lowest by Sunday 207.4 so ways to go....this morning I was 211.6 but...it sure beats 217 from Monday morning That was only 3 days ago...amazing to me.

Happy Thursday!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #120

Way to knock off the pounds Colleen!

Sometimes when I have a diet coke and I have not eaten I feel the cravings come on, and sometimes I don't. So if you think you do, it probably is best to stick to the water! You really did have fun on your birthday weekend didn't ya?...