Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 06:58 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
So happy for you that you got your cat back! I know how you feel.. we have 2 that we love like kids. A BIG CONGRATS on your loss too! you are doing so well!.. keep up the good work, and what is working for you!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenMA66
Stats: 227/???/147ish I think?
WOE: HCG/Hunger Scale WLA
Start Date: December 1 2008
Today is my 2 week mark. I am down 14lbs over all and 14.5 inches. I've lost pretty evenly I'd say...my waist is getting it's definition back which makes the boyfriend happy....he loves the curves.

I am at 213...one more pound to make my realistic goal and 3 pounds to make my....I can't believe I lost that much weight this round goal..lol

I believe I'm in a groove. I eat pretty much the same routine every day and try to drink a min of 4 x 32 oz plus I drink 16 oz of hot lemon water and a 8 oz glass of seltzer water.

I treated myself to the chili and a zevia yesterday. I couldn't finish the zevia.....toooooo sweet!!!!! I've been off diet coke and everything but water for 2 weeks. I had a couple zevias in the beginning and they didn't taste too sweet.

My birthday is next month. I asked the boyfriend to take me to a fancy restaurant so I can wear this slinky red dress that I have with my high heels and him in a suit and tie. I only ask him to do that once or twice a year so he doesn't complain..lol

I tried on the dress today.....oooo la la....even without shape wear (which I WILL wear..lol) it looked pretty darn good!

He's coming over tues for a short visit. I've lost another 6lbs since I've seen him last so we'll see what he says.

A week from today I'll be sitting here saying if I want to continue or not. I'm not going to say the time has flown by but it kinda has. I think once you accept it mentally it gets easier. I am looking forward to eating more and different foods. I'm more looking forward to be able to eat when I want and not have to time it for the optimal time.
ColleenMA66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:30 AM   #63

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
WOW OH WOW ! you are burning it UP! that is double the rate in P&I!! AWESOME about the dress!! KUTGW! and still remember in week 3 it might slow down but you have already done amazingly well! whoohoo!!
and YES i have almost lost any craving for sweets and breads! we went out for our anniversary last night and they brought breadsticks to the table and we each had one apiece! (we are in P4) before HCG we would have been fighting over the whole basket by the time our dinner was brought we still hadn't eaten any more of them! this just is so life changing!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

That's a good way to put it Deb....it is life changing. I just hope I embrace the change and accept it.

I was reading on another forum and one of the veterans who has lost around 80lbs said that when she is in p4 she eats basically lc most of the time but every now and again she'll splurge on something and if the scale is up the next day she just watches it the next few days till it comes down. That is the key.

No, we won't be able to pig out on a daily basis like we did...that's how we got here in the first place. But for a night out once a week or a month I say order what you want....ENJOY it and then get on with your life and just scale back the next couple of days if need be. I believe that's what "normal" thin people do.

I've never tried the moderation thing. It was all or nothing for me..I was either depriving myself or going whole hog and eating everything in sight. I do think for me keeping the sugar and starches to a min is key. I think I'm just too easily addicted to them. I do not want to fall back into bad habits.

What I am most grateful for the hcg is that it gave me such a great start. Seeing so much success right up front makes it so worth sticking to.

My hope is to get the last few pounds off this week if I don't slow down or stall and then stabilize in p3. I am concerned about that. I have never actually maintained before. I was either in gain or lose mode. So that will be a learning experience I'm sure.

As thrilled as I am with myself...and I am! I'm so happy for my boyfriend. He watched me lose the weight once and then slowly gain it all back and then some.

He loved me through it....never said I wasn't sexy to him..ever...but I could see the disappointment in his eyes because I couldn't wear all the sexy clothes I have. I carried my body differently...my attitude was different. I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything because I had nothing to wear and didn't look good in it anyway so what was the point. It put a strain on the relationship even if he didn't talk about it. This will be his Christmas present this year....and you know what...it will be THE best gift I've ever given him.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:20 AM   #65

Here is hoping you stabilize perfectly AND i think you might have time for another short round before Christmas go over the calendar and see if that is something you want to try

i stabilized PERFECTLY between 2 of my rounds WOW so BORING to report the same weight day after day but so so SATISFYING!! starting the next round weeks later at the very same LDW! is wonderful before this all the scale ever seemed to do was go up and up and up despite depriving myself and exercising as much as my obese body would let me(other than walking because I CAN now i haven't done any exercise since Oct 09) DH stabilized perfectly between his 3 rounds and he has been on P4 since spring and is Still within his window

Steven too seems pretty easy to stabilize the one round when i didn't drove me bonkers! i cycled right back into another round that time!
wishing you the same or better success than we have had!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

I'm down 1.4 today. I seem to do ok with the chili I've had a loss every day I've had it. I'm trying lobster today and then chicken tonight.

I have reached my realistic goal ...actually I've passed it by .4 I think....so onward to my unrealistic goal of 209. I think I need 2.4 by the end of the week and I'll be there.

I'm sort of sitting here in shock actually...every day i get up and every day the scale gifts me with a loss.

I was dreaming of a big mac and fries yesterday and a diet coke...omg...I so wanted that.

I have no clue if my body will respond to my second round the way it has in my first. I have enough drops I think to do a second round and I'm going to order from the same guy.

This week my legs are feeling a little weak. I noticed it saturday and yesterday. I'm not really doing a lot other than regular house chores and I massaged the last couple of weeks. I have one client today and that's it....I'm not taking anyone else till I'm done with this round. I'm happy to know that the gel didn't bother me.

I was looking in my closet at all the clothes I USED to wear and I tried on a pair of dress pants.....nope....not till after my 2nd round for sure. They are a reg size 14...and by that I mean...no stretchy stuff in them to make you think you aren't as fat as you are. I really hate that btw. I still have jeans that I use to wear that were reg jeans...no spandex in them...when I can put them on that'll be an accomplishment! I got as low as a size 12 in the old days.

I'd love to be a 10...just to see what it feels like.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #67

You have had very consistant losses! Congrats to you. That is the thing about P2, you really don't know how your body will react the next time. I agree with so many others that each time is new and different.

I hope you love P3! I did!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:01 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

I'm down .4 this morning. I thought I was going to be up. I eat my dinner no later than 5:30 and drink my last mug of water by then too. I ate over an hr later than I prefer last night.

I was feeling so full and heavy I thought I'd be holding onto some of it this morning.

My last scheduled dose day is Saturday. I need 2.2lbs to reach my I can't believe it goal.......I might make it..maybe...hopefully....

Again...whatever I lose on this round will hopefully help me for my second round to get under 200 by the end of the year. I'm nervous about stabilizing so I don't know where I'll be at the end of my p3.

Boyfriend is coming over this morning....see if he notices since our last visit 2 weeks ago.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:24 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

For the record I'm sick of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm going to float away.

I have been so good with my water drinking but mannnnnn..it's a job in and of itself and I find out I have to drink just as much in p3!! Aarggh
Old 09-01-2010, 05:13 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

I'm down .2 I'm tired.....this is the week before my TOM and I get what I call....draggy butt. I am just feeling run down. I don't think it's the diet as I usually get this way so nothing new.

I will say that I haven't been craving like I usually do during this time. I mean I am dying for some chocolate but that's normal...

I've been watching the food network lately..it makes me feel better for some reason. Something I am looking at differently is eating GOOD food when I'm on p3. I mean taking the time to cook....get the proper ingredients and not just eat something fast or in my case junk food. I'd like to actually enjoy my food and know that it's good for me too.

2 more pounds by Saturday....not sure if I'll make it....but we'll see.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I caved! Actually....I didn't cave...it was a well thought out decision and I made a choice.

I had a diet coke!!!! lol I'm so hot. It's 95 here today...it's been hot and humid all week and I'm so sick of water I just needed something cold...so I went to Mcdonalds and got a sm diet coke....my faaaavorite...love their soda.

I found it a little sweet...but enjoyable just the same....I also picked up the probiotics and started taking them to get ready for p3.

I hope the diet coke doesn't cause a gain tomorrow....but like I said...I NEEDED something..I'm just so wiped this week.

I have zero interest in food....but I want food...I was at the mall and had to walk through the food court and I miss food...I'm pining away over all the stuff I can't have...I can't have it period...but knowing I CAN'T have it right now makes it worse...make sense?

I just have a few more days...I can get through it....I think the heat is just making me cranky...and it's about that time for me to start having pms symptoms.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #72

ah you will be fine! I had a diet coke every day of my P2... lol
Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Deb...I was really trying to give them up and maybe I won't go back to them like I did...but geez...I just needed something other than water today.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #74

totally understand!

I have one every day as a treat. I don't worry about it any more than that. If they were a problem for you, then yes, I would try to give them up too.. but water and tea gets very boring to me too!

Oh as you can tell I am somewhat of a rebel....

Last edited by Deb294evr; 09-01-2010 at 01:05 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

I'm down 1.2 this morning to an all time low of 209.8. I'm still shocked and amazed that this diet works like it does.

I'm SO ready to move on to p3. I've been looking at recipes and websites and I'm just so happy to be moving on as scheduled. I don't think I'll be extending my round.

I may feel differently on Sunday but I don't think so Hunger isn't really the issue.....my hunger is pretty much nill but I want to eat good food...and I want to cook. My poor family doesn't know what's going on because I haven't told anyone I'm doing this so I just make my meal and they can fend for themselves..lol I'll probably cook tonight though and just have my own stuff.

What's up with losing almost 20lbs and my clothes aren't falling off me yet. I put on some shorts this morning and they are loose granted but no where near the point I can't wear them anymore. It's the spandex in everything...stretch goes both ways...pft.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #76

WOW!! congrats Colleen! You are in a zone girl! Keep it up! I hope you love P3!!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #77

just wait there will be reshaping in P3 i couldn't believe how much DS15 had after his first round weight staying the same but tightenig in places that should be tightened!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I'm down 1.2 today. I'm at an all time low of 208.6. I have reached my unrealistic goal and whatever happens now is just gravy....no pun intended.

I'm still going to end my round tomorrow....unless for some reason I have a huge gigantic loss Sunday morning I don't see anything stopping me at this point. I was surprised at the loss this morning since I had the same loss yesterday and it doesn't fit my pattern so far.

All I can ask for and hope for is that every round be like this one. I will write out a summary of my experience once I'm finished with my round.

Shorts that I could not fit into last week because my tummy bulge was too big fit me this morning....not to wear out....unless with a big tshirt to cover the muffin..lol but I could button and zip them. I thought for sure they'd need another round before I got into them.

Yesterday was probably my most difficult day. I wasn't hungry...not physically anyway....but head hunger I just wanted to EAT because I love food. I've found so many good recipes and sites and I want to start trying this stuff!

I'm glad I didn't though because this morning I was rewarded at the scale. I keep blinking to make sure I'm reading it right. I am still shocked and amazed...now if I make it through p3 then I can exhale I think..lol
Old 09-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #79

LOL close to the end of a round i am always at food gawker just plain drooling!! so awesome you made your goal and surpassed it ! GO COLLEEN!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

I forgot when I posted last. I was down .2 yesterday which was my last dosing day and down .6 today which is my first day of no drops.

I started at 227 and today I weighed 207.8 WOW to say the least. I have no interest in extending my round longer than necessary. I would love to hit 200 but I'm not doing it this round. I have my plan and I'm going to stick to it.

I COULD load my birthday weekend in 2 weeks and consider this an interruption and finish till I get to my goal. I may do that....but....eh....I'll see where I am mentally that weekend. I want the weight gone yesterday like everyone else and considering I've dropped almost 20 lbs in 3 weeks time I'd say that's pretty amazing. But I have got to stabilize and prove to myself that I can keep this off.

It feels weird not dosing today...I don't have to look at the clock and figure out when I need to drink ect and when not to drink. I'm hoping I don't get too hungry the next 2 days.

I am going to write out a summary of my round but I just haven't had the motivation to do it yet.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:39 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Today is my first day of P3. Although I have to admit I sort of started it last night...I used olive oil on my chicken and my roasted asparagus.

TOM came yesterday as well....glad it waited till I was finished.

I'm up .2 this morning. It's my first gain. Yes...you heard me correctly. I did not gain or stall once during my first round. I was about half way through when I realized I hadn't and didn't dare breath a word because of course I didn't want to jinx myself..

My goal is to stabilize and after my next TOM start so that should be Oct 8ish if I'm on schedule...but who knows....I'm couple days early this month and was a couple days late last month.

I was not hungry my 2 days without drops which surprised me. I thought for sure I'd be starving but I wasn't.

My plan is to eat mainly protein and veggies and fat this week....next week bring in some fruit and my 3rd week some dairy. I've read people have sensitivities to some foods and I don't want to bloat up over my LDW in the first 3 days or I'll cry...

I'm nervous that tomorrow I'll be up ....this maintenance thing is going to take awhile since I've never actually done it before....on purpose anyway.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #82

you did fantastic Colleen! Good luck with P3! Will be watching how you do...
Old 09-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #83

and 18 pounds is fantastic! this time last month would you have thought you would be 18 pounds lighter today?? WHOOOHOO!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Exactly!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

I was 207.8 this morning which is .6 below my LDW.

So far it's going ok....but it's only been 2 days I'm thinking I might see a bigger gain tomorrow...I feel FULLLLLL.

Menu
Br - steak, mushrooms (left overs)

Lunch - steak, 1 min muffin with lots of butter...yum.

Dinner - burger, fried green beans ..love the green beans

I made the cocoa crack and sliced half a granny smith and poured the chocolate over the apple and put it in the fridge. I had 1 pc of the apple...I'm just full.

Trying to drink as much water as possible today...unfortunately most of it was in the last 2 hours
Old 09-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #86

Old 09-09-2010, 04:04 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Back down to 207.4 which is 1lb below LDW....phew..I was seeing the scale creep up .2 for 2 days I thought that might be the new trend

I'm so wanting to introduce more things but I'm hesitant and I'm going to try to stick to my plan. I think Saturday will be the day I start my new additions because that's the day I go grocery shopping.

It's so funny I couldn't wait to get out of p2 so I could eat other food....and I'm happy I can...trust me....but I want to get back to p2 so I can get the weight loss moving again....so fickle!

I think the key is water, water, water....I got my water in yesterday and I was down from the 2 previous days. I'll make sure and get it in today as well....though I am going to try to space it out better.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #88

This is exactly how I felt. You get so used to losing the weight that standing still is boring.. Good luck!!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

I was bad yesterday.....well...not really bad...but didn't make the best choices. I had a lot of processed fast food. I'm up 1.2 over my LDW so today it's WATER.

This is what I had

BR - 2 sausage mcmuffins no english muffins
Lunch - dbl whopper no cheese no bun, salad with ranch
Dinner - hot dog, 1 min muffin

I know...what the heck was I thinking....lazy I guess...didn't feel like cooking.

Today it's going to be protein and veggies and lots of water. I hope that takes care of it tomorrow...it's not helping I haven't seen bernice since I think Monday!! I'm drinking smooth move but it's not working.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

I've been MIA for a few days. I had a way to indulgent weekend. Not that I ate bad things but I ate too much food for me and I got into the raisins....a lot.....so all that sugar plus the extra calories didn't do me any favors.

I was up 3 from LDW yesterday now I'm just up 2.4 today so little more to get back to my window but I want to get back down to LDW! No more fruit for me....well no more dried fruit....geez..what the heck goes through my mind sometimes I couldn't tell you.

I have been good and not had any dairy yet. I'm not sure how my body will respond so I was going to wait till next week to introduce that.

I'm missing the weight loss of p2 but I have to force myself to finish p3 and maintain. I also didn't want to start my next round before TOM and that's not due till the beginning of Oct so that may force me to wait whether I want to or not.

I'm not planning my meals as well as I should be and I know that's a problem. I don't believe low carb is good on the fly...having what you are going to make is much easier and I am sitting here wondering what's for breakfast.