LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenMA66
Stats: 227/???/147ish I think?
WOE: HCG/Hunger Scale WLA
Start Date: December 1 2008
Good Morning People,

I'm back....annoyed and irritated with myself. I went on vacation and I had a plan....I always have a plan..I always know what I'm doing.....I JUST DON'T DO IT. I came back from vacation and loaded with ineffective HCG...ARGH! I tested it and it wasn't showing up as positive on my pg test. I fooled myself into thinking it was still ok and maybe my eyesight was just bad LOL....no. I'm so annoyed that my last two batches were not good.

I ordered some pellets and got some more rx in the mail and mixed it and it did show positive on my test so I should be good. Now to get my head in the game again.....I soooo don't want to be on protocol but I have to undo the damage I've been doing. I weighed this morning...uggggggly. I've been avoiding Robin's videos....not reading the boards....totally isolating myself from what I know works because I just didn't feel like doing it......here's the spoiled brat again not wanting to follow directions.

I'm going back to ww on Sunday morning and hoping to get some of this off before then. I apparently need to pay someone to weigh me so I'll have that standing over me to help me keep focused on what I keep saying I want. I can't blame it on family stress or problems.....(thinking) nope....life is going ok.....I just like to entertain myself with food. When I do the self talking I find myself shooshing myself lol blah!!

My bf is very supportive. He wants me to lose weight for me but doesn't say too much. I know he has a hard time seeing me struggle. I got a text from him yesterday....so how's ww's going? That was enough to snap me back to reality. He sees me every week so I know he must see I've gained a few back. I told him I'll be going back Sunday....I thought I could get the vacation weight off myself but clearly I can't.

Anyway...just checking in and confessing...it's good for the soul and honestly I felt like until I came back here and updated I couldn't move forward....so....that's that.
ColleenMA66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
You can do it Colleen!! Confession is good for the soul!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Deb...I'm just too stubborn to give up.....I guess that's a good thing lol
Old 09-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #304

YES, giving up is not an option for us..
Old 09-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

For all that are watching Robin's videos there is a new one today that just posted and I think it's pretty long....30 mins...that's pretty good!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Never give up Colleen, never surrender!

Oh and read my siggie, it sums up how courageous you are.

Last edited by MagieDen; 09-05-2012 at 12:29 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've posted. I am off HCG. I am off dieting. I have come to the conclusion that it makes me crazy when I restrict and tell myself I can't have. I had been restricting myself for years and years. I was either depriving myself or binging. I had no middle ground so about a month ago I just said I can't do it anymore and I stopped.

I am listening to my hunger and working on the hunger scale and eating 3 meals with nothing in between. I'm down almost 6lbs. I am not setting the world on fire by any stretch but what I feared was going the other way and gaining and it's not happening. I am eating carbs and I'm not for the first time counting anything. I'm not counting calories or carbs or points or whatever.

I have had binges but they have been few and far between and not nearly as bad as I used to. I do need to work on making some healthier choices and this week I'm going to do that. I was on a little bit of a vacation from healthy foods for first few weeks because I was so sick of telling myself "No". I made it through Thanksgiving with a minor gain and I knew I would be up because I over ate. I still over eat but I'm being more conscious of it now. If I stick to my 3 meals and nothing in between usually I have a loss the next day. If I over eat and eat when I'm not hungry and eat more than I need I usually have a gain.

Robin was right in so many ways. This can be done without HCG but it just takes longer. I'm working on my guilt with food but I have to tell you it's a lot better than it was. I no longer look at food as good or bad. I'm not an idiot so I do know some choices are healthier than others and when I feed my body junkier stuff I tend to feel junkier.

Now having said alllllll that lol I do have one dose of HCG that I'm toying with taking sometime in Jan...MAYBE. If I can get my head in the right place and do a short round and then get off it and do the proper breaks with P3 and P4.

To be honest I'm not sure I can mentally get geared up but I don't know. I've learned to never say never anymore.

I have been keeping a notebook (somedays better than others) and I've been writing down my food (no amounts) what # I was on the hunger scale and the time. I'm pretty predictable when I get hungry. It's really interesting once you start really listening to your body and trusting it. I don't crave as much as I did because nothing is really off limits so I just tell myself I can have it at X time the next time I eat.

I noticed a lot of the people who were posting before have stopped. I know that HCG has worked for so many and for them I am truly happy for them and it DOES work but it takes a huge commitment and I'm not sure I have it in me atm. Maybe..we'll see. I think having a healthier relationship with food is where I'd like to be right now though so I'm going to just continue down this road and see what it takes me. I'd love to see where my body wants to be naturally....not where I think it should be but where it naturally ends up.

I told myself if I don't lose another ounce would I be ok with myself if I could eat like a normal person and I found the answer to be yes. I could be ok with myself and the way I look right now and I'll take the peace of mind and let go of the obsessiveness about food and weight and all the junk that goes with it.

And tomorrow I may change my mind so who knows! lol
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #308

Congrats Colleen on making this decision!! for now... I started eating this way about 6 days ago, and although I am not losing fast at all, I am at peace these days.. Hope you keep up this good feeling and continue on the path!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Robin's latest video

Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

If there is one thing in life I have learned is to never say never....it always comes to bite you in the arse later lol

I failed miserably at my "not diet, diet" how hard is it to not diet you'd think...very when you've been doing it for over 20 something years. How I hate that I got sucked into that black hole all these years.

I have learned that diets are always followed with binges which are then followed with more dieting and the vicious circle continues.

Robin has been posting some new videos as of late and I've been watching them and also watching a lot of hcg blogs. I started a round last Sunday....I'm done 7.7 lbs...not fantastic I had a cpl of bad choices in there....I consciously made the choice so I own it but I am so ready to get off this crazy train of emotional eating...what a PIA it is.

I ordered Robin's workbook and I've been trying to find as much info on binge eating as I can. I do find it helps. I'm not nearly as bad as I have been in the past and the amount of food when I do is a lot less...progress not perfection people!

I just want this freaking weight gone already....tired of lugging it around.

I think the thing that annoys me the most is women who started before or even after me that have pretty much reached their goal and here I am...STILL!

I do feel better this round...my last serious round I got very fatigued about half way through and ended up binging on fast food just because I think I needed the fat.

I'm sticking to protocol pretty closely but I'm also using my common sense for MY body. I don't eliminate fat like a fiend anymore..if there is a bit of fat on my meat I don't cut it off and I eat the skin on my chicken. I don't go out of my way to add any...but I don't lose my mind over it if I have some. I think for me my body needs some or I just get really run down and end up quitting.

I just came back from going to the track and walking 55 mins. I've been building up to an hr since January so I should be back to that by next week.

I do stil weigh everyday. I am not cured of that. I'd have to give my scale away for good and even then I may go out and buy another one so I'm just not there yet and that's Ok...this is my journey and it's going to take as long as it's going to take.

Something Robin said stuck with me. She said something like...if there was no more diets, no more protocols....if there was no way to get the fat off would you still eat the same way ...no...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't but in the back of my mind I'm thinking....well I can just do X if I gain weight. I'm trying to get rid of that mind set..the diet is always the answer....no...it's the freaking problem lol
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

I'm seriously thinking of ditching the scale in P3....or maybe just weighing in once a week to check in. I want to focus on eating by the hunger scale and enjoying the experience.

I have let go a lot of the pressure I was putting on myself to get this weight off ASAP...not that I don't want it off...cause I do! But I think I'm accepting my body and my uniqueness and understanding that mine is going to do what it wants and that's it. If I follow the protocol it will happen.

I've been watching Robin's videos and trying to absorb what she's saying and also watching a lot of the vlogs from women who have lost it and are following the hunger scale and not living their life on a diet. I can't do another diet. I don't care how wonderful it is. I can't do it. It's eat by the hunger scale or I'm screwed.

Once I get the weight off I'm going to have to accept that there will be no more protocols to fix this.

I'm actually serious because by the time I get through all of it, it will probably be a year and the boyfriend and I are going to be living together in the next couple of years depending on our kids and our parents....we are both in our late 40s but sandwiched between kids and parents lol But, anyway....I wouldn't be able to do this protocol with him...so..there you have it....exactly what Robin talks about..how would you eat if there were never another protocol....I know for me there won't be.

I day dream what it will be like to not be obsessed with food. To eat when my body tells me and stops before I'm stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey. I've used that stuffed feeling as a coping mechanism for so long it's going to take some time to adjust to aiming for NOT feeling that way and to be ok with just be neutral or a 5.5 or a 6 but never a 9 or a 10 or worse.

I was thinking back over my mistakes over my last rounds and I realized I treated it like a diet for one...I completely screwed up P3...I mean totally and then got back on the sugar train and then the struggles began.

I also never trusted myself to stop eating if I was full. I'm better but I'm so not there yet. It's HARD! But I also think my approach was that this is mine and if I don't eat it it's going away and then what?! I'd better eat it all now in case I get hungry later....how does that even make sense? I live in a culture that if I get hungry 3 hrs from now I can find more food and eat again...where this thought of scarcity came in for me I'm not sure......but I think the diets probably had a huge part in it. Richard Simmons and cottage cheese...thank you ever so much.

For the record...like I hear soooo many women say.....I was not overweight in school. Why did I go on a freaking diet? I'm glad I don't have a daughter or I'd probably have made her crazy....my son is my role model. He does it perfectly for his body.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Old 03-06-2013, 04:10 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

I woke up to a 1.1 loss this morning!

On a less happy note. I'm out of my rx hcg drops. I have an order coming but it's somewhere between India and here...ugh. I ordered the hcg patches the other day but they won't be here till maybe tomorrow. I read a lot of great reviews of the patch so I'm interested in trying them. I'm using some pellets I have on hand. I am hoping/praying it doesn't mess with my system.

I am confused. On one hand I want to do what Robin suggests and eat by the hunger scale and eat whatever I want. The freedom to actually do that is so appealing to me. Howeverrrrr, on the other hand. Now that the crap is out of my body and I'm feeling better I don't really want to get sucked back into the sugar vortex.

It seems like it's a slippery slope with sugar. I know it's not just me. I also know it's not everyone. I see my son handle sugar fine and other people I know, mostly men...hmmmmm.

Right now I want to get my addiction to sugar as far in the rear view mirror as I can. I'm just hoping the longer I stay off the stuff and find alternatives when I'm wanting some I'll be ok. I'm not interested in the deprivation of not having what I'm craving. I'm just thinking of having a healthier version of whatever it is. That's going to involve cooking and planning and preparing most likely. I want to be healthy so I don't have much of a choice.

Why would I want to go through this process and then undo it over a twinkie! I still haven't had a diet coke (yay me) and I believe diet soda makes me crave sweets. I can't prove it but I have a feeling it does.

I had a great day with my food yesterday. I really practiced the hunger scale and felt satisfied but not full and if it meant it only took me 3 bites of my lunch...oh well. I saved it for later and I got hungry right before bed...not a lot but enough that the cpl of bites of chicken did the trick. I slept like a baby and had a nice loss.

Tomorrow is going to suck but I'll have to deal with it the best I can. The bf is taking my mother and I out for lunch at a Portuguese restaurant ::sigh:: Do you know what comes with a portuguese steak when you order it? It comes with an order of fries AND rice....BOTH!

I think I can pass off not eating them by saying I'm trying to not have carbs at the moment and concentrate on the steak...that's the plan. That's what I'm telling myself anyway. This is a great opportunity to practice self discipline....yah, ok. lol I'll do my best and accept whatever choices I make...no blame..no one's fault but my own if I don't do as well as I'd like. I might just surprise myself..we'll see.

Life is full of this sort of stuff. Even though it's easier to hide in the house during protocol it's not realistic so facing these sorts of challenges only makes our self efficacy muscle stronger.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Update...I think I'm dodging a bullet for the moment. We are supposed to be getting a pretty big snow storm for the next couple of days so the boyfriend probably won't be coming tomorrow. He lives on the other side of the state so it's like 2 1/5 ride for him.

I do miss him, buuuuuuttttt....this is more important to me at the moment so I'm good with that. I'm not sure when we will reschedule but I won't go out of my way to ask lol I wonder if I can push it till P4? Hmmm.

On a very sour note I bought a home bp device thingy and my bp is VERY high. I'm worried about myself. It's higher than I remember it being so I'm going to start tracking it. It falls under the pre hypertensive category...wth! I looked online on ways to lower it and the 2 that I could do are lose weight and exercise. I already don't drink, don't smoke, dropped the caffeine, my stress lvl isn't insane or anything, and I don't use much salt but will nix what I do use.

I refuse to let that happen to me. I'll lower it myself. I do not want meds. I see the doctor in April so I'll see what it says then. I've dropped almost 10 lbs so far but I'm not sure how much I need to lose for it to impact. Time will tell on that one. Not happy but no one to blame but myself.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelle135
Stats: 320/238/135
WOE: HCG injections
Start Date: May 26, 2013
Hi Colleen. I sure hope you are feeling better! I dont eat whatever I want to even by following the HSM. I am sticking to protocol. Eating until full isn't really an option on Ph 2, at least not now. What part are you in?

Last edited by Shelle135; 03-06-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Shelle135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

I'm in P2. I stick to protocol foods but I don't go out of my way to avoid all the fats and by that I mean...if there is fat on my steak I eat it or skin on my chicken I eat it.

I'm approaching this round completely different. Even though there is a strict protocol we are following I'm relaxed about this whole thing for the most part. I do want the weight off asap because now I'm concerned about my blood pressure so I'd like to see it start to go down and the only thing I can change is my weight.

I haven't stopped weighing but I'd like to eventually just weigh once a week. I completely understand what Robin says about trusting your body, trouble is, I'm not fully trusting mine. Like I know better than my body? I was relieved when I realized my hunger scale actually worked! Who knew?!

I've been reallllly practicing listening to my body this week and it started to happen the other day when I realized that my hunger goes away after a few bites. I rarely have to finish my meal if I'm HONEST with myself. If I eat without paying attention then I'll eat all I can have because.....I can have it and that's been my attitude. How much can I have and did I think it was enough. I used to eat with my head and not my body if that makes sense. If I mentally did not feel like it was enough I was not satisfied. Now I'm disregarding the head and just focusing on my body/physical being and I find it takes a lot less (course I'm on HCG lol) so this is going to be different when I transition but I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I'm thinking of doing a long round so I have plenty of time to practice this before more food is in the picture. By long I mean 40 days. I don't think being on this for longer than that is beneficial or healthy. I can't even imagine the stress that our bodies go through being on this protocol and trying to fix everything. I don't want to stress it more than I have to. I've started treating myself with a bit more respect as of late.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Weight - Loss Apocalypse (via Facebook)

" Using weight as motivation to eat less and to change lifestyle only works (longterm) for less than 5% of all dieters. In other words, the primary motivation of weight-loss FAILS to make perminent change for over 95% of all dieters. Maybe we should stop treating the symptom and looking into the problem."
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Colleen, what kind of weightloss to you see being at ease with your choices? This is all so new to me.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Over the last 3 days since I really just started to be ok with this protocol and not make myself crazy I have lost 1.1. 1.1 and .9 this morning. I'm on VLCD 13 so I'm in the 2nd week where a lot of people slow down. My average is .92 as of right now but it will start to level off.

The two days I didn't have a loss were my fault. I binged last Thurs after the boyfriend left....not because I was upset or anything but that seems to be my behavior. I think it might be from an emotional emptiness maybe because he's going home and we don't see each other often...I'm not sure...anyway...I binged...next morning I stayed the same. I went up .7 on Monday but not sure why. I had canned crab the day before so maybe the sodium.

Yesterday I had chicken and a few bits of apple for breakfast. I get hungry between 9-10 am so I'm eating till the feeling goes...it doesn't take much. Lunch I had 100 grams of ground beef with some low sugar ketchup. I got hungry in the afternoon and had rest of my apple from the morning with some pbutter (do not do that..lol) I bought a new jar of natural pbutter and just wanted to try it so it was like a tsp. Dinner I had more ground beef and some steamed broccoli. I did not finish. I ended up having that before bed because I was a bit hungry.

I can't stress enough using the hunger scale is the key to this whole thing. I agree with Robin. My very first round I was so afraid to eat fruit and the melba I basically stuck with protein. I was miserabbbbble. No wonder I went off the deep end in P3.

This round I'm eating my fruits and I have a wheat cracker that's basically nothing in it so sometimes I'll have that..sometimes not. I'm allowing my body to tell me what it wants. I have 2 fruits some days and other days one..or a half.

What I am being very focused on however is my hunger levels. When I need something I eat...even if it's 2 bites...sometimes that's all it is. This is from my foods I'm allowed. I'm not eating off protocol. But I spread it out however it works for me.

I've been listening to my hunger for a while and I can predict about when I'll need to eat. I have a pattern....9-10 am 12-1 pm, 3-4 pm, 5-6pm ...sometimes the snack in the afternoon sometimes not but the others are pretty firm.

Our bodies will tell us if we listen. I eat till I'm no longer feeling that hungry feeling and that's usually not long into my meal. Then I sit with that feeling for awhile because I always wonder..did I eat enough? Should I have finished...wait 20 mins or so and then I'm at a 5.5 and I'm good.

I connected with a woman on another hcg message board yesterday who follows the hunger scale and she's been maintaining for over a year I think. She eats everything..even sugar if she wants it. The key is not depriving ourselves. She said if she craves more junky foods she eats them and then her body will swing the other direction and all she wants is healthier foods for awhile. I think that's brilliant and I want that. She's at peace with her body and doesn't weight at all and uses her clothes as a guide and how she feels. That's my goal.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing that!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Ranting

I'm in the middle of watching a vlog by a woman who is in the middle of her protocol. She's upset, she's depressed and she's very frustrated.

Why? Because SOMEONE who wanted to make money off her told her she'd be losing a lb a day....somedays 2! She went into this experience with unrealistic expectations and now the poor thing is heart broken because she spent all this money...for what?

She said she's sacrificed so much. Other than money what is she sacrificing? Does she mean she's not able to binge and eat all the food she wanted to before? Yah, I agree that sucks. I have decided I have two choices. I can eat and binge and be fat OR I can finally deal with my eating disorder and work through it and have a healthy relationship with food and stop using food to medicate myself.

I hear this all the time. People really want the weight loss to equal the "sacrifice" they are making and when it doesn't they get all pissed off.

I don't know about you but it did not take me 3 weeks to gain my weight. Me, getting back to my current weight was a few months in the making. I think it's pretty silly to expect this protocol....ie OUR BODIES to step it up because suddenly we want to get rid of it. It didn't bother you when you were gaining did it? You weren't monitoring the scale every min of the day when that was happening.

I feel bad for this woman because she's practically in tears. Why can't we just relax and allow our bodies to do what it needs to do. We've abused them, mistreated them so much I'm just happy that I didn't completely destroy mine and I have a hope that I'll heal it with this protocol.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

I'm down 1.3 today. Today is VLCD 14 so I'm about half way through. My goal is 195 or 40 days whichever comes first. I can't imagine doing this protocol for 40 days so I'm just taking it a week at a time after I am at the minimum. I don't believe 60 + day rounds work. I watch a lot vlogs of women who are doing those and they are struggling and frustrated and don't seem to have much better losses than those that do shorter rounds.

I have come to one conclusion. Diet soda makes me crave sugar. Apparently any kind of diet soda. I am off diet coke, which I thought was the problem but I had diet ginger ale last night and next thing I knew I was head first in the nutella jar! Lucky for me the jar was just about empty. It came over me like an uncontrollable urge. That's why I'm afraid to even add sugar back in when the time comes. I'm not sure I can handle it all that well.

Good news is my patches came in. More good news is my rx drops have hit NY so they should be here next week and even more good news is the pellets I'm using atm are great so I'm going to finish this round with those. I may not have enough but I should be pretty close.

I am planning on 2 more rounds after this one so I have my supplies already.

We are having a pretty big storm so I'll be snowed in. We had a blizzard few weeks ago and I gained 5.5 lbs over the weekend. I was stuck for 3 days before my Dad came with the tractor to plow us out. Yesterday, I stayed in because of the weather and I was fine. I don't have a lot of food but enough to get me through till I do my shopping. I'm not panicked or worried this time. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. I have 20 episodes of Days of Our Lives to watch! lol

I may or may not have a client this morning. I'm kinda hoping he doesn't come but we'll see. It's only an hr. (I'm a massage therapist)
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenMA66 View Post
I'm in the middle of watching a vlog by a woman who is in the middle of her protocol. She's upset, she's depressed and she's very frustrated.

In P&I doesn't it say 1-2 lbs a day "average"? And you are right, it didn't come on overnight. Do you have her link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenMA66 View Post
I'm down 1.3 today.
I have come to one conclusion. Diet soda makes me crave sugar. Apparently any kind of diet soda. I am off diet coke, which I thought was the problem but I had diet ginger ale last night and next thing I knew I was head first in the nutella jar! Lucky for me the jar was just about empty. It came over me like an uncontrollable urge. That's why I'm afraid to even add sugar back in when the time comes. I'm not sure I can handle it all that well.

Good news is my patches came in. More good news is my rx drops have hit NY so they should be here next week and even more good news is the pellets I'm using atm are great so I'm going to finish this round with those. I may not have enough but I should be pretty close.

We are having a pretty big storm so I'll be snowed in. We had a blizzard few weeks ago and I gained 5.5 lbs over the weekend. I was stuck for 3 days before my Dad came with the tractor to plow us out. Yesterday, I stayed in because of the weather and I was fine. I don't have a lot of food but enough to get me through till I do my shopping. I'm not panicked or worried this time. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. I have 20 episodes of Days of Our Lives to watch! lol

I may or may not have a client this morning. I'm kinda hoping he doesn't come but we'll see. It's only an hr. (I'm a massage therapist)
Congrats on the weight loss!!!! That is great!! I know what you mean about the cravings. I can handle hunger and emptiness but those cravings have a mind of their own!!! I hate them. I think mine are gone now.
I had to giggle over the 5.5 lb gain during blizzard... and that is not AT you but from a fellow emotional, dystfunctional, eat-to-medicate friend! You are getting better!!!

Living By Design - Shelle's Journal for HCG Journey

Week One 252.5 - 241.8 (-6.9)
Week Two 241.8 - 239 (-2.8)

Total (-9.7) Not great but other obstacles not beating me!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

As far as the losses go my very first round I did it well. I lost something like 18 lbs in 21 days. That's above .5 but not quite a lb a day. I also have 60+ pounds to lose so I think the more you have the closer you will get to that goal.

As of today my average is .95 but I don't think I'll stay at that. I may settle in around .75 which is still great. When I was on WW if I lost a lb a WEEK I was thrilled...I mean thrilled. Sometimes I think we need to put things into perspective.

This round I started at 222.2. Today I am 210.8. Really? I'm amazed at how this protocol works. Nothing else compares to it..nothing. But, it's not easy. It's simple but not easy.

I could have been/should have been to goal already but messed up my P3s. I feel like I'm better armed this time and I believe Robin when she says if you follow the hunger scale you'll be ok. I'm seriously considering either dropping the scale for P3 or limiting it. I am not sure yet but I'm feeling better and better about the decision to leave it behind.

I have noticed that I'm sleeping really well. I do usually but only when I'm getting my walking in. It's one of the benefits of it but since we are having snowmagedan here lately I haven't been but I'm still sleeping 7-8 good hours of sleep. I think that's huge too.

And the woman who's vlog I was watching's name is Jamie HCG. I'm not comfortable posting that video...she was so upset..but she spent a lot of money at a clinic and she's not getting her monies worth in her mind.

I hemmed and hawed about my breakfast this morning. I ended up having a boiled egg and 1 slice of apple....1! I wasn't sure...I went back and forth and I think I made the right decision. I seem to be fine. I'll eat the rest at lunch time...or some of it. On HCG the amount of food I need is so little it's pathetic. I look forward to eating when I'm hungry and 3 bites later I'm done..lol But I'm trying so hard to listen and do what my body is telling me....so far so good.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Another great one!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Weight-Loss Apocalypse
Stay conscious. Observe and remain present. You'll realize the body doesn't send messages of self-sabotage and self-harm. Those messages come from the lies of ego, conformity, and fear. They are a fear derived from the false mind.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

If anyone follows WLA and isn't a member of the Facebook page there are 2 private grps also connected to Robin and WLA. They are posted on the main page of WLA for the general public. I just joined both.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

I apologize for asking you her name. I didn't intend to make you uncomfortable. The reason I asked was bc I want to follow her and see how it turns out for her.

I love that you are posting the videos. Great help. I heard she has a forum too. Did you tell me that? haha!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Something that I'm going to have to pay better attention to is waiting too long before I eat. I believe I've been allowing myself to get too hungry because I want to make sure I'm in the right zone. Can you say micromanage much? Am I hungry enough to eat..blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I over ate in the afternoon and it felt good actually...my tummy felt full...not stuffed but full maybe a 6.

What I did find interesting was that I didn't need to eat dinner but I think I was feeling guilt and shame because I knew I had overeaten and there was a part of me that was like....screw it...might as well eat more and start again tomorrow. O M G ...really? How much of a smack in the face was that remark.

I had to sit with myself and feel if I was hungry...no, I was not hungry at all. I went upstairs. I was rummaging around for something to stick in my mouth and I found a protein bar. I took a bite and spit it into the trash...marched myself back downstairs and told myself NO....like I was speaking to a child! I finally worked past it but cripes.

I had to remember what Robin said that the body will not self sabotage but my mind will. That was a pretty powerful statement. My own body will not sabotage itself. But I have in a heartbeat.

I'm better this morning and I had a small weight loss .3 but sitting with my feelings and knowing that I was not hungry for food last night and I only wanted to eat so I could "start again" was eye opening for me. There is no more starting over..this is it. If I mess up one meal then I have to do better on the next one. It doesn't get stretched out for an entire day like I have in the past.

I have no idea how long this process is going to take me. Everyone is different and I got nothing but time so might as well get on with it.