Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 04:56 AM   #1141
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
My weight dropped this morning and I'm at 141.8, 2.4 over my ldw. I really could stand to lose a few more pounds but I'm not sure if I want to do that. If I could pick and choose where the weight came off that would be a different story!

I was up at 5am this morning and we did Insanity at 6am. My legs/calves are really stiff and sore.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #1142
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
My weight dropped this morning and I'm at 141.8, 2.4 over my ldw. I really could stand to lose a few more pounds but I'm not sure if I want to do that. If I could pick and choose where the weight came off that would be a different story!

I was up at 5am this morning and we did Insanity at 6am. My legs/calves are really stiff and sore.
oh good heavens girl!! you are TINY!!!!! whoo hoooooooooooooo
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #1143
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Deb. Definitely not tiny though. I have thighs that just will not go away! Blah.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #1144

ME TOO!!!... darn thighs!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #1145

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Congrats Brenda!! Getting up so early to do exercise deserves a LOL. You are tiny!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #1146

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:

GREAT drop, and WTG with the exercise!! My vote is to go into maintenance mode. Let your mind and body relax for awhile. If you are not tracking your food, I highly recommend it. Another KUDDOS for the exercise.

ETA: by letting your body relax, I am NOT implying to stop exercising .

Last edited by Cruzcrzy; 08-16-2012 at 04:57 AM..
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #1147
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats Brenda!! Getting up so early to do exercise deserves a LOL. You are tiny!!
Thanks Shari. I am absolutely SHOCKED that I am getting up at 5. I mean that. SHOCKED. I am a person who likes her sleep! I hope I can continue to do it though. It's so great to get it over with for the day and not to have to worry about getting it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
GREAT drop, and WTG with the exercise!! My vote is to go into maintenance mode. Let your mind and body relax for awhile. If you are not tracking your food, I highly recommend it. Another KUDDOS for the exercise.

ETA: by letting your body relax, I am NOT implying to stop exercising .
Hi Marie! Thanks! You are my maintenance hero! By maintenance mode do you mean not try to lose anymore? If so, I've been in maintenance mode for a few months now. But, I do weigh daily. It helps me. I've stayed at 139-142 since my last p2. I'm pretty ok with that and I really haven't even seriously considered trying to lose more. But, you would think all this exercise would cause a drop. Not so! I probably just eat more to make up for it! I do LOVE the shaping from the exercise though! Maybe someday soon I'll try to lose another pound or two. Or not. IDK!

I don't track my food and I KNOW I need to. I am so lazy about it. I have a couple of tracking accounts set up. I think the biggest hassle for me is measuring out the amount of food so it can be tracked. I don't mind keying it in at all. It's just the figuring out how many servings I have had. For instance, I just had watermelon. How do you measure that for tracking? I do know this... when I track it keeps me in line so much better. I'm a believer in it, for sure. Maybe I will try it again. Thanks for the reminder!

We did Insanity Cardio Recovery this morning. I am so sore it hurts to walk across the room. It's mainly in my calves. After googling, I see this is a common issue with Insanity. IDK if it is the lack of calf stretches in the routine or what, but dd and I both have sore calves. I'm not sore anywhere else really.

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Old 08-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #1148

Hi Brenda,

yes, I meant try not to lose anymore for awhile. I am a daily weigher, and that will NEVER change, lol...never. I would not advocate that. For myself, it would allow for me to be in denial, lol.

About the watermelon, whichever online tracking site you use will give you different options(weight, cup, etc). I haven't had any watermelon yet this season. There is a local store that has them on sale for a very good price, but, not sure I want the sugar. That is one thing I have learned very much about since tracking again...the sugar/sodium content in things. Fortunately, I didn't start tracking again until after all those cherries, lol. Even the cantaloupe I was having was higher in sugar than I liked. I've switched to strawberries this week.
I've also traded my baby carrots in for celery due to the sugar content. Please consider online tracking . You are doing GREAT, but, this will help you fine tune even more.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #1149
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Brenda,

yes, I meant try not to lose anymore for awhile. I am a daily weigher, and that will NEVER change, lol...never. I would not advocate that. For myself, it would allow for me to be in denial, lol.

About the watermelon, whichever online tracking site you use will give you different options(weight, cup, etc). I haven't had any watermelon yet this season. There is a local store that has them on sale for a very good price, but, not sure I want the sugar. That is one thing I have learned very much about since tracking again...the sugar/sodium content in things. Fortunately, I didn't start tracking again until after all those cherries, lol. Even the cantaloupe I was having was higher in sugar than I liked. I've switched to strawberries this week.
I've also traded my baby carrots in for celery due to the sugar content. Please consider online tracking . You are doing GREAT, but, this will help you fine tune even more.
Marie, I totally agree about weighing every day. It works for me. I know some people can't weigh every day because it stresses them out. For me, it makes me more mindful and I know it WORKS. Therefore, I'm going to keep doing it. I don't pay too much attention to the little blips that happen. They are normal.

For the last few months I have been wheat and sugar free and we've been trying to cut out all processed food. ("Wheat Belly"... If you haven't read it, I recommend it!) As I'm not a big fan of meat, this limits my food choices somewhat. I know I get a lot of fructose from the fruit so when the scale goes up, I try to cut the fruit down some.

I've been having cherries every single day. I'm going to miss them when they're gone! Our Walmart has them on sale for $1 pound right now. DH just brought home 34 pounds of them for me to freeze!

I used to track years ago. I will consider it!

We did Insanity Pure Cardio at 6am. That is one INSANE workout. Holy moly.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #1150

Brenda,

honestly, it sounds like you may not need to track. You are very educated. You are much further ahead than I am with being wheat and sugar free. As you know, I still struggle with the sugar, and still have it. Hopefully, eventually, as I progress, I will be able to eliminate it. Currently, I just work it into my tracking.
Like you, I also desire to get off the artifical sugars.

WTG with already doing your workout. I am still lazying around, but, will walk later. Since the weather is cooler, I have that option. I am going to experiment a bit, and see if it works better for me. I almost think it does, but, it's too early to tell.

Great deal on the cherries!! I will be envious this Fall when you are eating them. I will probably wish I would have done the same thing. A $1 a pound is incredible.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #1151

You're amazing Brenda! Have a good day and weekend
Old 08-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #1152
Blabbermouth!!!

We did Insanity Power Cardio and Resistance (I think that's the name) this morning. I still am amazed that we are getting up and doing this.

Quote:
Brenda,

honestly, it sounds like you may not need to track. You are very educated. You are much further ahead than I am with being wheat and sugar free. As you know, I still struggle with the sugar, and still have it. Hopefully, eventually, as I progress, I will be able to eliminate it. Currently, I just work it into my tracking.
Like you, I also desire to get off the artifical sugars.

WTG with already doing your workout. I am still lazying around, but, will walk later. Since the weather is cooler, I have that option. I am going to experiment a bit, and see if it works better for me. I almost think it does, but, it's too early to tell.

Great deal on the cherries!! I will be envious this Fall when you are eating them. I will probably wish I would have done the same thing. A $1 a pound is incredible.
Thanks Marie! The no wheat/sugar thing was a gradual thing for me. I really think sugar is the great white satan. If you haven't seen this video, it's a great starting point. (It's the Sugar, the bitter truth video. There are many versions of it.)

I'm not saying I will never eat sugar again, but I really hate the way sugar makes me feel.

It took me all day to get those cherries in the freezer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
You're amazing Brenda! Have a good day and weekend
You are the best, Shari! I hope you have a great day too!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #1153

GREAT VIDEO!!! Thanks for posting Brenda!!

On your exercise, congrats on being certifiably INSANE!!!.. whoo hoooooooooooooo
Old 08-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #1154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
Brenda I watched the Insanity Informercial this weekend and I would have to say "you are insane" for doing it! Wow! What a workout you are getting, keep up the good work. Will you get the "Insane" T-shirt when you complete the program?
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
GREAT VIDEO!!! Thanks for posting Brenda!!

On your exercise, congrats on being certifiably INSANE!!!.. whoo hoooooooooooooo
Ditto! Good for you...KUTGW! I'll have to look at the video later while I'm doing paperwork. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #1156

Brenda,

thanks so much for posting the video. Sugar is EVIL. I am work in progress. I will say that since my exercise and weight loss within the past year my glucose level has gone from 100 consistently, to 88, and my latest one 83!
This is very good for me. My cholesterol is UP and I am not sure what the deal is, but, at this point, I am refusing medication.

You are such an inspiration to me with your exercise and eating habits! Keep up the good work.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #1157
Blabbermouth!!!

The thought of catching up my journal is overwhelming. I will start small and say that I'm 141.2 today, in my window. And that's with a 4:30 am weigh in, so I'm happy about that.

We are on week 5 of Insanity where the intensity levels up. Good times, good times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Brenda I watched the Insanity Informercial this weekend and I would have to say "you are insane" for doing it! Wow! What a workout you are getting, keep up the good work. Will you get the "Insane" T-shirt when you complete the program?
I hadn't heard of the T-shirt thing, but I will look into it, Maggie!

Quote:
Brenda,

thanks so much for posting the video. Sugar is EVIL. I am work in progress. I will say that since my exercise and weight loss within the past year my glucose level has gone from 100 consistently, to 88, and my latest one 83!
This is very good for me. My cholesterol is UP and I am not sure what the deal is, but, at this point, I am refusing medication.

You are such an inspiration to me with your exercise and eating habits! Keep up the good work.
Marie, did you know that sugar can cause elevated cholesterol? My dh has always been thin and a runner and has had high cholesterol for years. We couldn't figure out why. We are hoping the no-sugar, no-wheat woe will eliminate that. Hope to get it tested soon!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #1158

Brenda, I did not know sugar caused elevated cholesterol. I did wonder about it though because it seems to be the only explanation for mine, that and some hereditary issues. I appreciate you sharing this information, and think I will further research it. Please let me know how you dh's lab results come out. I wish him the best. Keep up all the good work. You are a true inspiration!!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #1159
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Marie. I hope you can find a resolution without ever using the statin drugs. I believe they are more dangerous than having high cholesterol!

I'm up a whole pound today so I'm a bit out of my window. TOM is near so I'm not worried about it.

I'm still getting up at 4:30 and while I like getting the exercise over with, I'm worn out by the end of the week. But, things are good here and I'm blessed!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #1160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
Brenda I wished hubby would see that the drugs they give him cause him more harm than good. He has almost completed a 21 day round on Hhcg and so far is down 18 lbs, I am soooo proud of him. I am 2 lbs. above LDW which was 175.6 and I need to reel it in before it gets out of control. Awesome on the exercising, are you really enjoying it? I want to go back and look at some of the videos you posted so I can learn more, thank you for posting them.

Have a good day!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #1161
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Maggie! I'm so happy for you and your DH! WTG on the losses! 175 is excellent and I'm sure you feel great! And your dh is losing at a fast pace. Wow, you guys have really turned things around! It is amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it!

As for the exercise, I never enjoy it until it's over. I'm not an exercise person by nature. In fact, I used to refer to it as "the e word". But I have gotten used to it and I know it's good for me so on I go. Also, it really, really helps doing it with (and partly "for") dd. I get her up at 5:30 or so and she always pops right out of bed, pulls her hair back in a ponytail, and puts her workout clothes on. When I see that sleepy little face come down the stairs, it just makes my heart melt. It makes it much easier to workout for me! She is really toning up too!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #1162
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm very swollen today and I'm up .6. Oh well. It happens.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #1163

Quote:
I'm very swollen today and I'm up .6. Oh well. It happens.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #1164
Blabbermouth!!!

In my window today at 141.4. The later weigh in really helps!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #1165

Congrats Brenda on stabilizing so well!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #1166

Quote:
In my window today at 141.4. The later weigh in really helps!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #1167
Blabbermouth!!!

Time to dust this thing off and get back to journaling. I am more focused on what I'm doing when I write it down.

I am 10 days into p3, after what appears to be my yearly maintenance hcg round. I kept off the weight for over a year, but I crept up to 148ish (after Christmas and Birthday celebrations) so I decided to do another round. It had been 13 months since my last round.

I tried hhcg Intermountain pellets this time and absolutely hated them. I am one of those people who need more hcg to suppress the hunger. By the time I got enough pellets to reduce the hunger, I was getting way too much of the extra ingredients in Intermountain and it was stressing me out. I was tense and irritable for much of the time and decided to end the round at day 19. So far I appear to be stable at ldw + 2 or 3 pounds (which is what I always stabilize at anyway). I'm at 141.8 today, which is ldw +2.2. (Last dosing weight was 139.6, I think.)

There is so much mis-information and conflicting information on hcg out there. People are doing rounds every which way and some are just making it up as they go along. Hhcg changed my life and I would hate to see someone not try it because of mis-information. I'm going to update this journal from time to time with my thoughts and experiences. Please understand... these are just MY own personal experiences and thoughts. YMMV.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #1168
Blabbermouth!!!

TOM showed up yesterday and I'm up a pound today. IDK why I even weighed. Everything is puffy... eyelids, fingers, toes.

DD and I started P90X2 on my 2nd day of p3. So far I absolutely love it. But we are only on the "foundation phase" and I probably won't be saying that when we level up. I hate pull-ups!

I do see some reshaping going on, but in all honesty I can't say if it's from p3 or P90X2. Either way, I'll take it.

I feel like I've been eating quite a bit. I'm not a calorie counter as it makes me neurotic. I eat until I'm satisfied but not too full. I do eat fruit in p3. IMO, fruit is not "sugar" even though it contains fructose. YMMV though. To each his own...
Old 06-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #1169
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm still very swollen today, but I slept in way later than usual and I'm down 2 whole pounds. I'm at 140.8 and in my window.

The food for yesterday was Moroccan chicken, broccoli salad (with almonds, mayo), grilled pineapple and watermelon. Since dd has to work most evenings, I made it for lunch and then dh and I had the leftovers again for dinner. I know this is more fruit than most people think is wise on p3, but it works for me.

Today is P90X2 Yoga. Good times right there.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #1170
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, I was wrong. Today was P90X2 Total Body with Ab Ripper X2. Lunch was a bun-less burger and coleslaw. Also had a bit of watermelon. I've been having close to 1/2 a watermelon almost every day since I started p3.