Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #1111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Well about the "Dairy Thighs" I may have that! I shouldn't "utter" such things about myself.

Have a good Tuesday Brenda!

You have a good Tuesday too, my friend!

I'm at 140.4, 1.0 over ldw.

I need some new things to eat but the only thing that sounds good is fruit. We've been eating a lot of it. I need more protein, I think.

We did P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps with Ab Ripper X yesterday. It is my absolutely least favorite dvd in the entire rotation. Some of those exercises are just impossible for me. One arm push ups? Ha. Not happening. I don't mind working hard but the impossible just puts me in a bad mood. Of course I modify all the moves I can't do yet, but still it's aggravating.

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #1112
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Go Brenda..you're a working out machine!! Yay for stabilizing within range! I have to look at the pasta..I saw it and got it thinking it was better than regular pasta. How about Dreamfield's? Is that full of wheat too? I'm curious now..interesting info...
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #1113

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Fruit is GOOD!!! of course some protein along with it, is good too!! Listen to your body!.. of course you are... have a wonderful day Brenda!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #1114

Good Morning Brenda! It is WEDNESDAY!..... oh yeah baby! A great day ahead!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #1115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Missy's Journey
Stats: 296/272/165
WOE: Keto...HFLC
Start Date: restart 7-9-13
Brenda, I read your ENTIRE journal yesterday. I can't tell you how inspiring it was. to watch your push thru the weeks with little or no loss---where I would just quit (again) it was really really helpful to me to set my mind in the right place for my own journey. Thanks for keeping this journal for all your rounds and the times in between.
Missy's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #1116
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Go Brenda..you're a working out machine!! Yay for stabilizing within range! I have to look at the pasta..I saw it and got it thinking it was better than regular pasta. How about Dreamfield's? Is that full of wheat too? I'm curious now..interesting info...
I'm not sure about Dreamfield's. I'm just trying to avoid all wheat, flour, etc. If you get a chance, watch "Fat Head" on Netflix. He gives some of the same info as in "Wheat Belly". If you are like me, it's hard to make time for reading these days. Documentaries are easier! Also, Gary Taubes has good info on wheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Fruit is GOOD!!! of course some protein along with it, is good too!! Listen to your body!.. of course you are... have a wonderful day Brenda!!
Thanks, Deb. I've got to quit being so LAZY about cooking!

Quote:
Good Morning Brenda! It is WEDNESDAY!..... oh yeah baby! A great day ahead!
Hi Deb. Hope you had a great day too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy's Journey View Post
Brenda, I read your ENTIRE journal yesterday. I can't tell you how inspiring it was. to watch your push thru the weeks with little or no loss---where I would just quit (again) it was really really helpful to me to set my mind in the right place for my own journey. Thanks for keeping this journal for all your rounds and the times in between.
What a nice thing to say! Thank you. You would not believe what a private person I really am. It's hard for me to put some of this stuff out there. I'm glad though, if it has helped! Good luck on your journey. Let me know how you are doing. And you're right, I did lose slowly. Being so stubborn is what kept me going! After finally finding something that worked and promised a fighting chance at KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF, giving up was not an option.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #1117
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterday I was 140.6 and today I am 142.2. I gained 1.6 overnight. Hello ovulation. I looked back and it seems at 12 or 13 days into my cycle, I have a sizeable gain. I'm not going to do a cd, but I am going to be mindful today about food. I probably ate too many calories yesterday too. I get hungrier around this time. Plus, my mood goes south too.

We did P90X Back and Biceps with Ab Ripper X yesterday and I hurt myself doing the chair pullups. I pulled something in my leg. Oh well, it's not too bad today.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Brenda it will go away and the hungries with it. Hang in there this too shall pass!

Have a wonderful Thursday and keep up the good work on your exercising!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #1119

All normal Brenda!! Robin talks about ovulation, and the increase in hunger being very normal. If you are truly HUNGRY, then you should eat, and not feel guilt about it. Just STOP when you are satisfied.. all this you know..

Congrats on such a wonderful bunch of exercise you are doing! Hope you feel good today.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #1120

I'm not surprised one bit about Miss Journey's post.

Good for you to note the dates regarding ovulation...therefore you know you didn't do anything wrong for a CD! Hope your leg feels better.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #1121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Missy's Journey
Stats: 296/272/165
WOE: Keto...HFLC
Start Date: restart 7-9-13
hope u are down a little today. Being a woman just isn't fair sometimes. I'm reading Robins book right now. man i have to read it so slooooow! I really wanna "get it". I'd say keep truckin...but I already know you will
Missy's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #1122
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies. I've just been feeling down the last week or so and haven't even felt like posting. I am sure it is all hormonal.

My weight has been out of the window by a pound or two the entire time. I tried being mindful of calories but it wouldn't come back down on it's own. Yesterday I did a sausage/egg cd (blah!) and my weight is still 2.4 over my ldw. If it doesn't come down, I'll do another cd later this week. I really don't want to get caught up in that pattern, but I don't know what else to do.

We've been faithful to P90X but it has been hard. I've just not felt like doing much of anything. Moody and no energy. But this too shall pass, it always does.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #1123

I hope you feel better soon Brenda!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #1124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Brenda I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Is it TOM or something else? My hormones do this to me alot so you are not alone. I know how you feel and not wanting to post but keep to yourself. I am here to support you and tell you that you are "normal!"

I don't know what to say about being outside your window some because I have been 2 lbs over it and I am not really correcting it. I do know however that this is not protocol but I am working on doing what is best for me. What is the harm in correcting or over correcting because I am not sure about this?

Maybe you need a break from exercising? I am not trying to tell you never to do it but do you take breaks? I certainly pray that you will be feeling better Brenda. Hold tight it WILL pass and you WILL feel better.

Brenda
Old 06-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #1125
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I hope you feel better soon Brenda!!!
Thanks, Deb!

Quote:
Brenda I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Is it TOM or something else? My hormones do this to me alot so you are not alone. I know how you feel and not wanting to post but keep to yourself. I am here to support you and tell you that you are "normal!"

I don't know what to say about being outside your window some because I have been 2 lbs over it and I am not really correcting it. I do know however that this is not protocol but I am working on doing what is best for me. What is the harm in correcting or over correcting because I am not sure about this?

Maybe you need a break from exercising? I am not trying to tell you never to do it but do you take breaks? I certainly pray that you will be feeling better Brenda. Hold tight it WILL pass and you WILL feel better.

Brenda
Thanks, Maggie. I so appreciate your support! It is most definitely hormones. I am 48 so I'm sure I have lots of wacky stuff going on. I have come to the conclusion that when all is said and done, hormones are going to be shown to play a HUGE part in every aspect of our lives including weight loss and gain.

I'm back in my window at 140.6. A day or two after my cd, the weight just dropped 1.8 all on it's own.

I'm still doing P90X. We are on day 47 today.

Maggie, one of the reasons I love P90X is because it is a "program" or "system" that you do for 90 days (6 days a week). For some reason, plugging into a system (like Simeon's protocol) works so much better for me than when I just wing it on my own. I like the structure.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #1126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Yes, hormones will play a big part in our weightloss or gain.Happy to hear that you are back in your LDW and things are working out.

I want to type more but need to get going, I am behind on the things I need to get together for my weekend trip.

KUTGW lady, you are doing great!

Old 06-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #1127
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Yes, hormones will play a big part in our weightloss or gain.Happy to hear that you are back in your LDW and things are working out.

I want to type more but need to get going, I am behind on the things I need to get together for my weekend trip.

KUTGW lady, you are doing great!

Thanks, Maggie. I'm going out of town too and I should be packing right this very minute. Must.get.off.computer...
Old 06-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #1128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Thanks, Maggie. I'm going out of town too and I should be packing right this very minute. Must.get.off.computer...
Have fun, enjoy!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #1129

Hi Brenda!! Everyone must be enjoying life too much!!.. hope all is well!!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #1130

Hey Brenda, hope you're having a wonderful vaca!!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #1131

Morning Brenda!! hope you are enjoying yourself!!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #1132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from my little vacation and had a great time. I hope your vacation went well too Brenda!

Happy Thursday!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #1133
Blabbermouth!!!

It's time to dust off the journal and check in again.

I'm 2.8 over my ldw but I'm not doing a CD as I weighed a couple of hours earlier than usual today.

DD and I finished our 90 days of P90X on Saturday. We did 90 straight days of the program without taking a break and that time included 2 vacations, one in Destin, FL and one in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

I can really tell a big difference in DD. She lost around 12 pounds and went down at least one jeans size, maybe two. She now has biceps and abs and her body has tightened and toned a lot. The biggest benefit though is that she told me she has more confidence. That alone was worth every single bit of it.

As for me, I didn't lose any weight whatsoever. Nor did I drop or gain in clothing size. The biggest change I can see is in my upper body. I was puny on top before and now I have more muscle, more tone and definition. My batwings still wave like Old Glory, but my arms have a much better shape. It's hard to tell if there have been other changes because of the loose skin issue. I think my backside has lifted somewhat from the ironing-board-hcg-butt. I really should have taken a before pic. Live and learn.

DD wanted to start Insanity right after P90X. But it's hard for us to exercise after she gets home from school as we are both so tired and have other things going on. So we got up this morning at 6AM and did the first workout. Which meant I had to get up at 5AM because there is no way I can workout without being sufficiently caffeinated. It's going to be a very, very long day. We shall see how things pan out for the early exercise. No promises!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #1134

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Brenda,

YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR. Your dedication to dd and your health is amazing!

You know I understand about needing to be caffeinated, lol.

I hope you have a really great day. You are a very special lady.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #1135

EXCELLENT !!!! Keep it up Brenda!!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #1136

Congrats Brenda!! That's wonderful about DD weight loss and drop in clothes size. Nice seeing you again
Old 08-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #1137
Blabbermouth!!!

Marie, you are the BEST! Thank you for always, always being so encouraging. It helps more than you will ever know!

Hi Deb & Shari! Love seeing you all again!

I had a rough evening (confrontational meeting with people of a different vision) and lost a lot of sleep (again!) due to stress. I've been up since 3am. My weight was up another .8 and I am sure it's the sleep/stress problems I'm having. I started taking melatonin 3 days ago and it does help me fall asleep but I wake up all night long.

We did Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit at 6am. Lordy. I don't know which was worse, the workout or the ungodly hour. That is some INSANE cardio.

I haven't had any aspartame in over a week now. No Diet Pepsi! I'm trying to be a real grown up and do all the right and responsible things like eating right and supplementing. We'll see how it works out!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #1138

oh goodness!! no diet pepsi?.. GOOD LUCK!!.. you have accomplished so much, I am sure this will be easy.. .
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #1139
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
oh goodness!! no diet pepsi?.. GOOD LUCK!!.. you have accomplished so much, I am sure this will be easy.. .
Haha... I'm a glutton for punishment!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #1140
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Good Morning Brenda! You have made some awesome accomplishments KUTGW
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote