Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #1081
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Thanks ladies! It does take me a few days to get back into the swing of things. Especially with sleep.

I'm at 140.2 today so I'm in my window. We did P90X Stretch yesterday and have Yoga slotted for today. I like the Yoga but it is a very long workout at 1.5 hours.

I have so much to do today and I dread it. Gotta get to it... Hope to check in on journals later today.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #1082
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
I am the same at 140.2 today. Yesterday we did P90X Yoga. I have been insanely busy the last couple of days so I haven't been cooking a lot of food. We've just had fruit and chicken salad or store bought rotisserie chicken for lunch and supper. I am ready for things to slow down!
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #1083
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
I am the same at 140.2 today. Yesterday we did P90X Yoga. I have been insanely busy the last couple of days so I haven't been cooking a lot of food. We've just had fruit and chicken salad or store bought rotisserie chicken for lunch and supper. I am ready for things to slow down!
Sounds like you are pretty stable Brenda. Have a superb weekend!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #1084
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,101
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Sounds like you are pretty stable Brenda. Have a superb weekend!
Ditto! Hope things slow down for you.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #1085
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Well, I let myself get so busy I have neglected my journal.

I've been keeping to our P90X schedule and we started Block 2, week 5 with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps with Ab Ripper X yesterday.

I'm at 139.8 this morning, .4 over my ldw. TOM is here but winding down. For the very first time, I didn't go out of my window at all with TOM. That amazed me!

I've been eating totally p3 foods. Since reading "Deep Nutrition" I really don't want to eat processed foods. I'm reading "Wheat Belly" now. These are excellent books!
__________________
I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the LORD.” Psalm 122:1

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #1086
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,101
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Well, I let myself get so busy I have neglected my journal.

I've been keeping to our P90X schedule and we started Block 2, week 5 with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps with Ab Ripper X yesterday.

I'm at 139.8 this morning, .4 over my ldw. TOM is here but winding down. For the very first time, I didn't go out of my window at all with TOM. That amazed me!

I've been eating totally p3 foods. Since reading "Deep Nutrition" I really don't want to eat processed foods. I'm reading "Wheat Belly" now. These are excellent books!
wonderful Brenda! Congrats on keeping up with the exercising.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #1087
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Thanks Shari!

My scale bounced around this morning with several different readings so who knows... but the good news is all readings were in my window.

We did P90X Plyometrics yesterday and P90X Back and Biceps with Ab Ripper X today. I am sore. You know, it's kind of hard to go from being a couch potato for over a decade to doing P90X. My goal is to be able to do a pull up or chin up. Just one, and I'll be happy. That's my goal.

Yesterday's Menu:

B: GY strawberries, cherries, 2 sausage patties, 1 T coconut oil
L: chicken salad, watermelon
S: Linda Sue's white castle pie, watermelon, coconut butter with nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #1088
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
I am glad to hear that you are within your window. WINDOW, the only thing going out my window today is the scale. TOM in the house is nooooo fun but I will live.

You are doing amazing and you seem to your cherries and GY too!

Have a good day and on all the exercising!!!!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #1089
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Hi Maggie. TOM is the devil. Don't let the scale get you down during TOM. Easy to say, I know. But the weight is temporary! How is p3 going for you? GY and cherries are heaven on earth. Truly, truly. I'm going to miss all this fruit when winter comes.

I'm at 139.4 today, ldw exactly.

We did P90X Back and Biceps with Ab Ripper X yesterday. Ok, I must not have even one hint of a muscle in my upper body. Pull ups/chin ups are just way out of my league. I'm determined though. Not giving up. One of these days...

Yesterday's Menu:

B: GY, strawberries, cherries, peach, sausage patty x 2, 1 T coconut oil

L: chicken salad, canteloupe

D: ham, salad with blue cheese dressing, deviled eggs, canteloupe
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:58 AM   #1090
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
p3 is going alright but I hate the scale right now, I can usually go up 3-4 lbs easily. I really don't want to look at it right now but I am eating P3 allowable foods and praying that the scale doesn't read a horrendous number. I will deal with it however and do the best I can because I really don't want to continue to gain if I can correct it. Not in such a good mood today, will probably feel much better in a few days.

KUTGW Brenda, you are doing FANTASTC!!!!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #1091
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
I agree with Maggie, you are doing FANTASTIC!! keep it up!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #1092
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Thanks ladies!

Maggie, the gain is probably just TOM giving you grief. I do that too. It should go down in a couple of days. I wouldn't worry about doing a cd until then. I don't like doing too many cd's anyway. I've seen people end up having to do them every other day. Just keep an eye on the scale and eat mindfully is my advice. Not that you asked for my advice! LOL I sure hate that hhcg is getting harder to find. I hate p2, but it is the only thing I have found that has given me success. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #1093
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Thanks ladies!

Maggie, the gain is probably just TOM giving you grief. I do that too. It should go down in a couple of days. I wouldn't worry about doing a cd until then. I don't like doing too many cd's anyway. I've seen people end up having to do them every other day. Just keep an eye on the scale and eat mindfully is my advice. Not that you asked for my advice! LOL I sure hate that hhcg is getting harder to find. I hate p2, but it is the only thing I have found that has given me success. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Thank you for the advice, I just get soooo moody when TOM is around and I feel like reteating from the whole world. I am definitely not the Maggie that everyone knows me to be. I will correct when needed so I hear you about doing too many corrections. I will be back to my journal in September so in the mean time I am bombarding everyone else's. Better get going, getting annoyed for no apparant reason. On a good note I got in 4 miles today walking. but alas it didn't help my mood.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #1094
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Oh listen, I'm not fit company for man nor beast during tom. I never know if I'm going to laugh or cry and sometimes I end up doing both. Good for you for walking! Tomorrow is a brand new day. I hope you wake up happy and more like yourself.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #1095
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Oh listen, I'm not fit company for man nor beast during tom. I never know if I'm going to laugh or cry and sometimes I end up doing both. Good for you for walking! Tomorrow is a brand new day. I hope you wake up happy and more like yourself.
Thanks Brenda, feeling somewhat more like myself today! I am sooooo glad for brand new days!!!! Have a food Friday and weekend!


Last edited by MagieDen; 06-15-2012 at 04:39 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #1096
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,101
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Congrats Brenda!! You're so tiny!! Glad you're stabilizing well. Happy Friday!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #1097
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Thank you, ladies!

Maggie, I'm glad you're feeling better today. I understand about stopping the journaling for awhile. I did that too. I got tired of saying the same thing day after day. This time I'm over it.

Hi Shari! Happy Friday to you too!

I'm at 139.4, ldw, again this morning! I'm very happy about that!

We did P90X Yoga yesterday. Since starting the 2nd 30 days, I am so sore! I've been pushing really hard during the workouts and I still can't do all the moves. One of these days...

Yesterday's Menu:

B: gy, strawberries, cherries, peach, sausage patty X 2, coconut oil

L: ham, salad, honeydew melon

D: chicken salad, watermelon
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #1098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Thank you, ladies!

Maggie, I'm glad you're feeling better today. I understand about stopping the journaling for awhile. I did that too. I got tired of saying the same thing day after day. This time I'm over it.

Hi Shari! Happy Friday to you too!

I'm at 139.4, ldw, again this morning! I'm very happy about that!

We did P90X Yoga yesterday. Since starting the 2nd 30 days, I am so sore! I've been pushing really hard during the workouts and I still can't do all the moves. One of these days...

Yesterday's Menu:

B: gy, strawberries, cherries, peach, sausage patty X 2, coconut oil

L: ham, salad, honeydew melon

D: chicken salad, watermelon
I meant to say have a "good" Friday not "food Friday! You see food" is always on my mind! I don't mind occasionally journaling but I get tired of talking about my weight. I know I have a problem and need to get healthy but talking about it continously drives me batty along with counting calories. I do know that I put myself in the state of talking about it but it's not ALL there is to me. I enjoy talking about my exercising and learning to live with myself. Right now I am working on maintaining and there really isn't anything to talk about for me in that department. Up 1 down 1 yada, yada, yada. It is just me and how I am, I do enjoy reading about what others are doing and lending some encouragement along the way if I can. I will be returning to my journal in September and like the break because it breaks up this losing weight stuff for me. I am concentrating on enjoying the summer, going to some neat places, taking my walks and expanding the length of them, eating good healthy food, getting back to the gym a few days a week to enjoy the pool and getting in some weight trainning a few days a week. I will work harder on the weightloss mode in September where I once again will go for the Hhcg Protocol. I do know that stabilzation is supposed to be only up 2 or down but I have seen soooo many Newbies & Veterans stabilize upwards of 5 lbs. so for me as long as it stays at or below that I will be happy and as long as I don't see Twoterville I will be good with that too for now. WOW! I just talked your ear off, maybe I do need to return to my own journal. Well gotta get going, need to get over to my church and get some much needed cleaning done. I got in a 1 mile walk with my puppy Rosie and she is at my feet sleeping now.

Have a nice Friday Brenda!

Last edited by MagieDen; 06-15-2012 at 06:54 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #1099
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Maggie, me too, me too!
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #1100
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I meant to say have a "good" Friday not "food Friday! You see food" is always on my mind! I don't mind occasionally journaling but I get tired of talking about my weight. I know I have a problem and need to get healthy but talking about it continously drives me batty along with counting calories. I do know that I put myself in the state of talking about it but it's not ALL there is to me. I enjoy talking about my exercising and learning to live with myself. Right now I am working on maintaining and there really isn't anything to talk about for me in that department. Up 1 down 1 yada, yada, yada. It is just me and how I am, I do enjoy reading about what others are doing and lending some encouragement along the way if I can. I will be returning to my journal in September and like the break because it breaks up this losing weight stuff for me. I am concentrating on enjoying the summer, going to some neat places, taking my walks and expanding the length of them, eating good healthy food, getting back to the gym a few days a week to enjoy the pool and getting in some weight trainning a few days a week. I will work harder on the weightloss mode in September where I once again will go for the Hhcg Protocol. I do know that stabilzation is supposed to be only up 2 or down but I have seen soooo many Newbies & Veterans stabilize upwards of 5 lbs. so for me as long as it stays at or below that I will be happy and as long as I don't see Twoterville I will be good with that too for now. WOW! I just talked your ear off, maybe I do need to return to my own journal. Well gotta get going, need to get over to my church and get some much needed cleaning done. I got in a 1 mile walk with my puppy Rosie and she is at my feet sleeping now.

Have a nice Friday Brenda!
Oh, I so get that. Life is not just a number on a scale or a number on a dress tag. You wouldn't know that from listening to me, but it is true. For me, journaling comes and goes. I do like being able to look back though. And for right now it is helping me stay focused somewhat. That may change at any time though. I really don't want to fall off the wagon and go back to where I was. It would be so easy for me to do that.

Well, I'm up 1.2 today to 140.6, 1.2 over ldw. I'm assuming it's a normal fluctuation as I see no reason for it in anything I did yesterday. Not going to stress about it as I'm still in my window.

We did P90X Back and Legs with Ab Ripper X yesterday. Holey Moley. Anything that involves that pull up bar is just way beyond me. It is an instrument of torture! I used a chair and did 10 reps of all the exercises. My dh can do pull ups all day long.

Yesterday's Menu:

Pretty much the same as the day before. Salads, ham, fruit, gy, almond butter. I've been lazy/busy and haven't cooked very much. I've got to work on that.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #1101
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
I was at 141.0 yesterday and 140.8 today. Still no cd required, but I would like to see the lower end of my window again.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #1102
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,215
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Great Work Brenda!!! You are doing very well!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #1103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
YES! She is doing FANTABULOUS!!!!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #1104
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Awww, thanks ladies.

I'm reading "Wheat Belly" right now. Let me summarize it for you. "Wheat is the devil. Don't eat it."
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #1105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Awww, thanks ladies.

I'm reading "Wheat Belly" right now. Let me summarize it for you. "Wheat is the devil. Don't eat it."
Yes, Yes Brenda, it is!!!! My husband and DS are in for a rude awkakening today because any wheat that is in my house is gone, baby gone! DH new the day was coming and today is that day. I told DS if he wants it he can buy it anytime he wants with his own money. Oh what did I do, now I will have to make sure something is cooked and in the fridge all the time because DS and DH won't be able to make their beloved SANDWICH! They both just look at me when I tell them that there is lettuce in the fridge that they can use or I will find an alternative for them to use instead of bread.

I am putting a sign on the fridge in the kitchen that says. "Wheat Free Zone". I know tonight will be reallllly interesting when they get home and see it!

Thanks for the info. on the the REAL issue with wheat!

Oh needed to say that I kept Brown Rice(confused if this has wheat in it or not) and DH's Atkins Bars which have wheat in them, he would divorce me over this.(Just kidding!) I personally need to cut back on some dairy but I am not ready to do this.


Last edited by MagieDen; 06-18-2012 at 07:52 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #1106
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,101
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Congrats Brenda!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Awww, thanks ladies.

I'm reading "Wheat Belly" right now. Let me summarize it for you. "Wheat is the devil. Don't eat it."
]

Oh really? Uh-oh..I just purchased wheat pasta.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #1107
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Go, Maggie, Go! Love the Wheat Free Zone. I haven't had much wheat since those pitiful little melba toasts on p2. I won't be having those again if I ever do another round! This book lists tons of medical problems that are caused by wheat. It's amazing. Why are you cutting back on dairy? I eat cheeses and yogurts and sour cream, etc. but don't have milk other than almond milk.

Shari, what's in the pasta? The wheat we have today is NOT the same wheat as in the Bible. It's been genetically altered so it can be mass produced at a quicker rate. I think fiber has been stripped away so there is more of an insulin surge. The blurb on the back of Wheat Belly says "Did you know that eating 2 slices of whole wheat bread can increase blood sugar more than 2 tablespoons of pure sugar can?" IDK if he is taking the whole ingredient list (hfcs) into consideration here though. I'm trying to live wheat free too.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #1108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
I don't drink milk either but use Almond Milk because hubby gets headaches from milk. I go over board with yogurt though so I am working on curbing it. I am still carb sensitive and need to watch the fruit and I always find a way to add in more than I need. I HWC in my coffee but it is a slippery slope for me and need to reel it in because like me girlfriend says "she loves her coffee with her cream and sugar". I just mean I see for me that it triggers some unwanted behaviors so curbing it for awhile may help me. I have certain foods that seem to trigger unwanted behavior so it is best to avoid or limit the food items for me. Wheat is one that NEEDS to go for me because I know it is just as bad as full sugar so bye, bye to it! All of us are soooo different because what works for one may not work for another. I did the HHcg protocol for over 4O days so it wouldn't hurt me to eliminate certain foods for awhile. Trying to convince hubby that Wheat is the cause of his imflammation in his body but he isn't having it. Wheat WILL GO!!!!!!


Last edited by MagieDen; 06-18-2012 at 12:21 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #1109
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Gilded Lily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Happy Candy Sweet House
Posts: 6,942
Gallery: Gilded Lily
Ok, I gotcha now. I was thinking there might be some new "Dairy Thighs" thing I needed to be aware of. It wouldn't surprise me. It seems like everything is bad for you these days! I totally agree about the wheat.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #1110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,387
Gallery: MagieDen
Well about the "Dairy Thighs" I may have that! I shouldn't "utter" such things about myself.

Have a good Tuesday Brenda!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.