Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #1051
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Just a question? Why would CD's mess with one's metabolism? Hang in there you are not too far over your LDW, I think.

Hi Maggie. Girl, do not even listen to me as an authority on ANYTHING. But here's what I think from my own personal experience. I don't think a cd or 2 will mess with metabolism in any big way, but when we end up doing too many of them (every few days), I think it might cause problems in resetting the metabolism at the max level of calories. In p3, we are to slowly increase our calories to the point where we reach the max level of calories without causing a gain. That's kind of hard to do if you are having a cd every few days. Unless you pick a cd that has a calorie level to your bmr. I suppose you could find a cd that fits that criteria, but that would be hard for me as I'm not a big meat/eggs person.

I'm trying to read/learn how the hormone leptin fits into all of this and I'm just... . The people there don't recommend doing a cd at all, but I've yet to discover how they bring the weight back down. I have a feeling they are going to say to "eat to the level of your hunger". But, after 4 decades of not knowing what my hunger level is, I might have some trouble figuring that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That Aldi salad sale sounds awesome!!! I need to get me some of that!.. IF they have it here... Well I think you are doing wonderful, and eating late, will most definitely affect the scale!! Have a great day Brenda!
Thanks Deb. Aldi has some of the best produce around, imo. I have to drive to the next town over, but it is so worth it! You have a great day too, my friend!

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #1052
Blabbermouth!!!

The CD worked and I'm back in my window today! This morning I was at 139.8, down 2.0 from yesterday and .4 over my ldw.

Yesterday we did P90X Plyometrics. It was hard, hard, hard.

Yesterday's menu:

Lunch: 2.5 sausage patties, 2.5 eggs fried in butter, 1/2 container gy
Supper: 2.5 sausage patties, 2.5 eggs fried in butter, 1/2 container gy

I had to get up extra early today and we went out of town for most of the day. I took my food with me... what little I had in the fridge that would travel. And now I'm eating supper at almost 7:00 pm. Not good. I know better than to eat this late. I'm trying to keep it low carb to see if that will offset it somewhat.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #1053
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm up 1.0 this morning, to 140.8, 1.4 over my ldw.

I'm not a fan of CD's for many reasons, including the second day rebound.

I'm 2 weeks out from TOM which is ovulation time. I have felt slight, transient pain from it a few times today. I always have a bump up in weight then too, so I'm not going to sweat it.

Yesterday we did P90X Shoulders and Arms and today we did P90X Yoga. I have a love/hate thing going with the Yoga. Love/Hate...

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: 2 sausage patties, gy

Lunch: gy, strawberries, cherries, salad with blue cheese dressing

Dinner: 2 sausage patties, 2.5 eggs fried in butter, almond butter and coconut butter, coconut oil

I got a bit carried away with the almond and coconut butters last night. I probably had about 500 calories from them before I realized it.

Yesterday was not fun. I shopped for a bathing suit and it was really depressing. I will only wear board shorts with tankini tops anyway but standing there in those dressing rooms under the florescent lighting was not good for my spirits. It made me realize just how much damage I have done to my body. No matter how much I weigh, no matter how much I work out, I will never, ever, ever have a tight, toned body. I will never look good in shorts. I will never look good in a bathing suit. I do know that having the loose skin is better than having the fat, but in my heart I know how hard I have worked and I hate that this is as good as it's going to get. But listen, I'm not a whiner by nature. I'm a bright side kind of girl and I know that God is in His Heaven and He has brought me safe thus far and He will lead me home.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/Want To Be In Onederland!
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 9/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
I'm up 1.0 this morning, to 140.8, 1.4 over my ldw.

I'm not a fan of CD's for many reasons, including the second day rebound.

I'm 2 weeks out from TOM which is ovulation time. I have felt slight, transient pain from it a few times today. I always have a bump up in weight then too, so I'm not going to sweat it.

Yesterday we did P90X Shoulders and Arms and today we did P90X Yoga. I have a love/hate thing going with the Yoga. Love/Hate...

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: 2 sausage patties, gy

Lunch: gy, strawberries, cherries, salad with blue cheese dressing

Dinner: 2 sausage patties, 2.5 eggs fried in butter, almond butter and coconut butter, coconut oil

I got a bit carried away with the almond and coconut butters last night. I probably had about 500 calories from them before I realized it.

Yesterday was not fun. I shopped for a bathing suit and it was really depressing. I will only wear board shorts with tankini tops anyway but standing there in those dressing rooms under the florescent lighting was not good for my spirits. It made me realize just how much damage I have done to my body. No matter how much I weigh, no matter how much I work out, I will never, ever, ever have a tight, toned body. I will never look good in shorts. I will never look good in a bathing suit. I do know that having the loose skin is better than having the fat, but in my heart I know how hard I have worked and I hate that this is as good as it's going to get. But listen, I'm not a whiner by nature. I'm a bright side kind of girl and I know that God is in His Heaven and He has brought me safe thus far and He will lead me home.
Oh Brenda I certainly understand this. I am sorry it was so hard for you to see yourself like that, I REALLY know how you feel about all the damage we have done to our bodies. It is hard for me also to try on new things and realize that the skin is just not going to bounce back. I am thankful however that my God sees me differently and I am comforted in knowing that HE has fearfully and wonderfully made me. There really are no words from me that I can express to comfort you, but I am so happy that the Lord can comfort you in your time of sadness. You are working so hard to get your body back to where it was healthy before and I believe that God is giving you the strength to do so. I too am not a whiner by nature but that doesn't mean that we cannot have times where we feel down. I want to give you these Brenda and tell you that you are thought of today!

Now get out there a wear that Tankini, loose skin and all!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #1055
Blabbermouth!!!

Maggie, thank you for your kind words and support! You have no idea how much I appreciate them, and you. You made me feel a lot better! And I am scared to even imagine where I would be without the Lord's help in all of this. I am so grateful that He gave me friends like you for encouragement when times get rough. I am thankful for you and it's good to know we are not alone in this journey. And you know I will be rocking that Tankini...

I STS yesterday (140.8) but am up .8 today to 141.6, 2.2 over my ldw. I will NOT be doing a CD. I am coming to think that the repeated CD's do more harm than good. I will eat mindfully, with a desire to bring the scale down a bit. And I WILL NOT EAT LATE again. I get caught up in all the things I have to get done and end up eating supper way, way too late. My body just can't tolerate that. I need the Blue Plate Special.

Yesterday we did P90X day 12, Legs and Back with Ab Ripper X. Oh momma. I am feeling it today. And I am sure I am holding water from the exercise too. It really worked the back and arm muscles. You know, part of me just finds this whole exercise thing SURREAL. Come on, me, exercise, really??? You could knock me over with a feather! Is this for real?

Thursday's Menu:

Breakfast: GY, strawberries, sausage

Lunch: chili, salad, ranch

Dinner: french dip, provolone, salad, ranch, watermelon, canteloupe

Yesterday's Menu:

Breakfast: GY, cherries

Lunch: grilled chicken, blue cheese dressing, salad, honeydew melon, strawberry smoothie

Supper: grilled chicken, blue cheese dressing, salad, almond butter, gy, cherries
Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #1056
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm up a whole pound today to 142.6, 3.2 over ldw.

I did P90X Kenpo X and I was a puddle at the end of it. Crazy good workout.

Yesterday's Menu:

Breakfast: gy, cherries

Lunch: burger with pepper jack and american cheese, mustard, tomato, watermelon, strawberry smoothie

Supper: 2 hotdogs, chili, salad with blue cheese dressing, almond butter, watermelon

I don't believe I had enough food to warrant a true pound increase. It might be the sodium in the chili. Seems like everytime I have it I have a bounce. The almond butter is major high calorie so that might be an issue too. I have steaks marinating for today but don't plan on doing a cd just yet. Maybe tomorrow if it's not down. I wish I had never done the first cd this round!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #1057
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm down .6 today to 142.0, 2.6 over my ldw. I'm trying more protein today to see what happens. I'm going to try and keep the calories high though.

I did P90X Stretch with dh yesterday. Today dd and I did P90X Chest and Back with Ab Ripper X. So, so hard.

Yesterday's Menu:

Lunch: Steak, wedge salad with bacon, tomato, blue cheese dressing

Supper: 3 eggs, 3 sausage patties, gy, cherries
Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #1058
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm down .8 today to 141.2, 1.8 over my ldw. I tried a mostly protein day yesterday.

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: gy, cherries, sausage patty

Lunch: sausage patty X 3, eggs fried in butter X 3, gy

Supper: sausage patty X 2, egg fried in butter, gy
Old 05-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #1059
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Wonderful job Brenda!! You are doing awesome. Keep it up!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #1060
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Brenda, great job in staying within your LDW window!! Have a great Tuesday you here.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #1061

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Congrats Brenda!! You're doing wonderful with exercising too!! Happy Tuesday.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #1062
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies.

We did P90X Yoga today and I did pretty well through it, but afterwards I was so tired I had to take a nap. This aint no sissy yoga, that's for sure! I can tell such a difference in my upper body since I've been working out. Wish it would help with the skin but alas...

Today's Menu:

Breakfast: gy, strawberries, cherries

Lunch: chicken, blue cheese dressing, peach X 2, watermelon, strawberry smoothie

Dinner: burger (no bun), pepperjack and american cheese, Duke's mayo, salad with blue cheese dressing, gy, cherries, strawberries
Old 05-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #1063
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm up .6 today to 141.8, 2.4 over my ldw and out of my window yet again. I'm slotted to start p4 today and I don't think I have stabilized at all. Nor do I feel like my calories are high enough. My personal feelings are that either one of two things have derailed me. 1) Too many cd's. 2) Starting P90X during p3.

We are leaving for vacation tomorrow and I so dread the food. I want to see the ingredient list at the restaurant. I haven't had any refined carbs or sugar for the last 6 weeks and I really don't want to start now. The book "Deep Nutrition" has been an excellent motivator for keeping junk food out of the house!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #1064
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm up .6 today to 141.8, 2.4 over my ldw and out of my window yet again. I'm slotted to start p4 today and I don't think I have stabilized at all. Nor do I feel like my calories are high enough. My personal feelings are that either one of two things have derailed me. 1) Too many cd's. 2) Starting P90X during p3.

We are leaving for vacation tomorrow and I so dread the food. I want to see the ingredient list at the restaurant. I haven't had any refined carbs or sugar for the last 6 weeks and I really don't want to start now. The book "Deep Nutrition" has been an excellent motivator for keeping junk food out of the house!
Brenda I wish I had some concrete answers for you but I am a newbie to the Protocol so not sure what to say. It looks as though you have kind of put your finger on as to why you haven't stabilized but the body is a wonderous thing, all of us being different and responding to different things. Oh I hear you on the resturant thing, eating out is so hard and complicated when ordering the things you should eat but I am learning as I go along as well. I pray you can get through your vacation without too much problem. Are you dragging the scale along with you? (maybe you need a vacation from the scale. ). I will be praying for you while you are away that the scale is kind to you on your return home. Happy vacation Brenda, enjoy!

Old 05-30-2012, 05:25 AM   #1065
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Brenda I wish I had some concrete answers for you but I am a newbie to the Protocol so not sure what to say. It looks as though you have kind of put your finger on as to why you haven't stabilized but the body is a wonderous thing, all of us being different and responding to different things. Oh I hear you on the resturant thing, eating out is so hard and complicated when ordering the things you should eat but I am learning as I go along as well. I pray you can get through your vacation without too much problem. Are you dragging the scale along with you? (maybe you need a vacation from the scale. ). I will be praying for you while you are away that the scale is kind to you on your return home. Happy vacation Brenda, enjoy!

Maggie, you are just beautiful. Thank you for your kind words and for your prayers. I will be taking the scale with me. Whether it makes its way out of the car is another matter though! Actually, I'm one of those people who do WAY BETTER with weighing everyday. I know some people hate it, but it keeps me on track and focused and information is power. If I don't weigh, I gain weight rapidly! One thing I have learned is that we are all different and need to really know what works for us individually!
Old 05-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #1066
Blabbermouth!!!

These are my weights on this round of p3.

ldw 139.4
p3d1 139.2
p3d2 140.6 (TOM)
p3d3 142.4*
p3d4 143.0* (steak cd)
p3d5 140.6
p3d6 141.0 (start P90X)
p3d7 141.0
p3d8 140.6
p3d9 141.6*
p3d10 141.6* (burger/egg cd)
p3d11 140.0
p3d12 141.2
p3d13 141.2
p3d14 141.8* (sausage/egg/gy cd)
p3d15 139.8
p3d16 140.8
p3d17 140.8
p3d18 141.6*
p3d19 142.6*
p3d20 142.0* (sausage/egg/gy cd)
p3d21 141.2

p4d1 141.8*

It might be helpful to look back at the food on the days I went out of my window.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #1067
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
These are my weights on this round of p3.

ldw 139.4
p3d1 139.2
p3d2 140.6 (TOM)
p3d3 142.4*
p3d4 143.0* (steak cd)
p3d5 140.6
p3d6 141.0 (start P90X)
p3d7 141.0
p3d8 140.6
p3d9 141.6*
p3d10 141.6* (burger/egg cd)
p3d11 140.0
p3d12 141.2
p3d13 141.2
p3d14 141.8* (sausage/egg/gy cd)
p3d15 139.8
p3d16 140.8
p3d17 140.8
p3d18 141.6*
p3d19 142.6*
p3d20 142.0* (sausage/egg/gy cd)
p3d21 141.2

p4d1 141.8*

It might be helpful to look back at the food on the days I went out of my window.
Maybe the combination of TOM and starting P90X on P3 is messing with your stabilization? You have done this exercise before correct? I know you said that stopping P2 near or on TOM can mess with things? I am worried about this also going eventually into P3. I can learn from you what will work however. I know I will weigh daily and keep a food log and an exercise log for myself on P3 as well. So are we to correct when TOM is in the house or can we just eat clean P3 foods? I guess I would correct if the scale went up, up, up during TOM as well. I do know that I don't want to do too many correcton days however. Boy, I thought P2 was tricky but I think P3 is where the rubber meets the road. Take care Brenda.

Last edited by MagieDen; 05-30-2012 at 06:11 AM..
Old 05-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #1068

well from a totally objective perspective, that looks pretty darn stable!!!

HOWEVER, you are probably not eating enough to make it seem that way to you.. I am not an HCG expert either, but they say not to exercise much, so that could be it? WHO KNOWS! You are doing awesome in any case!!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #1069
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
well from a totally objective perspective, that looks pretty darn stable!!!

HOWEVER, you are probably not eating enough to make it seem that way to you.. I am not an HCG expert either, but they say not to exercise much, so that could be it? WHO KNOWS! You are doing awesome in any case!!
No Deb you are NOT an expert on HCG because they are over on the HCG Forum(at least they THINK they are, not all, some ). REALLY!!!! Okay I said it. I mean does the scale have to be exatcly under or over the 2 lbs? If not is that RREALLY a problem if/when you go into P4 if you even do a P4 for someone? All these if's, no wonder Deb you haven't done another round(not saying yo never will0 but you get the picture. Oh so much to learn young Patawan.

Last edited by MagieDen; 05-30-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 04:15 AM   #1070
Blabbermouth!!!

Maggie, you are right. It was TOM and P90X that caused some of the gains. I had been doing P90, but P90X is a huge step up. It can be brutal. I'm not kidding, it's the hardest workout I've ever done. It is INTENSE, man! I can't believe I'm doing it. As for corrections, that is totally up to you. It's hard to know what causes the gain. Was it TOM, was it sodium, was it too much food? What if you don't correct and the weight goes up and up? My best advice is to listen to your body carefully. You are learning to do this very, very well in p2. If your weight goes out of the window, eat cleanly the next day. If it's still up, then consider a cd. After all these rounds, I have come to think too many cd's really can be detrimental. You'd think I would have learned by now.

Deb, thank you so much, sweet lady! You know, I'm not going to worry about the bump up while on P90X. Have you seen this program? Oh my dear, sweet Heaven. The Yoga alone is crazy. I changed over from P90 to P90X in p3. If I was just doing this for me, I would have waited until p4 but DD15 really wants to get in shape so I started it for/with her. Come to think of it, I started P90 for her too but she quit me after 70 days or so.

Quote:
No Deb you are NOT an expert on HCG because they are over on the HCG Forum(at least they THINK they are, not all, some ). REALLY!!!! Okay I said it. I mean does the scale have to be exatcly under or over the 2 lbs? If not is that RREALLY a problem if/when you go into P4 if you even do a P4 for someone? All these if's, no wonder Deb you haven't done another round(not saying yo never will0 but you get the picture. Oh so much to learn young Patawan.
I love you, Maggie! I can't read there too often.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #1071

Thanks Maggie and Brenda!! Yep, I can't even read there because I have to bite my fingers( tongue) too much...

oh well!! you are doing awesome so whatever you decide to do, we got your back my dear!..
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #1072
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Maggie and Brenda!! Yep, I can't even read there because I have to bite my fingers( tongue) too much...

oh well!! you are doing awesome so whatever you decide to do, we got your back my dear!..
Seems we are in agreement! Thanks Deb!

I STS today at 141.8, 2.4 over ldw. I'm headed out the door right now for vacation. Hope I can get by without too much gain! Talk to you girls soon!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #1073
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterday we did P90X Shoulders and Arms. This morning we did P90X Plyometrics.

Yesterday's Menu:

Breakfast: gy, cherries, strawberries, sausage patties X 3

Lunch: Burger with american, swiss, salad with avacodo, blue cheese dressing

Supper: Burger with american, swiss, salad with avacodo, blue cheese dressing

I was busy yesterday with packing and errands and couldn't pay much attention to food.

I forgot to say that yesterday started P4! I didn't add anything though. I really don't want to eat junk anymore. I'm packing lots of fruit for this trip.

I pray the Lord will watch over us and bring us safely home again. Thank you, Jesus. I love you.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #1074

Have a wonderful safe trip!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #1075
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

for a safe trip there and return home. Enjoy Brenda!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #1076

Hope you have a safe, fun and relaxing vacation.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #1077
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you for the prayers and the well wishes. They worked! We had a great time and made it back safely. Thank you, Lord!

I'm happy to say that we stuck to our P90X schedule every single day of vacation. It was hard to manage in a couple of the small rooms, but overall it was not a big deal. We had to use the laptop to play the dvd a few times but where there's a will, there's a way! It made us feel so much better to exercise early in the day.

We stuck mostly to p3 foods as well. I did eat pinto beans and cornbread at Cracker Barrel twice when we were on the road. It didn't taste nearly as good as I thought it would though. We tried to have a healthy lunch in the room most days and that helped a lot.

I came home yesterday at 141.4, .which is ldw +2.0 and .4 down from when I left. Dd weighed the same as when we left too! And Dh actually dropped a pound or two. He's the only man I know who can go on vacation and lose weight. He did run a 5K while we were there though and worked out in the exercise rooms almost every day.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #1078

Glad you are back safely!! Sounds like a good time, and you are STILL SMALL.... wonderful job!! MEN!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #1079

back Brenda! Glad you had a great vacation and wow, to come back still within range and exercise while on vacation is AMAZING!! I agree with Deb, MEN...LOL. Congrats to your daughter too!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #1080

Good Morning Brenda! HAPPY FRIDAY!!... hope things are getting back into routine, I know it takes a few days for me..