Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #1021
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Happy Mother's Day! Sorry about TOM, he's a beast!! Hope your CD was successful.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #1022
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shermor
Stats: 249/209
WOE: HCG
Start Date: March 31, 2012
Brenda & friends - I have SO enjoyed reading your journal! What a testimony to making up your mind & sticking with the program. You are & have done SO great!

I began March 31st on loading days & have done really well! I've loved losing the weight AND inches. I've cleaned out my closets 2 times & feel like I need to do it again! I just began phase 3 Thursday & even though I'm eating on protocol, I've still lost more weight.

I'm 59, so I'm not trying to get back down to my 6/8 size of days gone by (going thru the change of life totally messed with my perfect life & weight!) - and I've been up & down ever since. I've had a major loss in my life - my last sibling, my brother Starr, passed away from bone cancer in June of 2011. I was there with him for the last 6 weeks of his life & while it was emotionally SO overwhelming, it was also such a blessing to share those days praying & reading the scriptures to him. But after it all, I came home & was in such grief that I either ate everything in site OR nothing at all.

SO, here I am trying to get my weight back down...and HCG has helped. After p3 & p4, I plan to start all over again & go for it! I'm sure THAT sounds familiar Brenda! LOL!

Thanks for sharing your journey - it SO gives me hope & encouragement. Please DON'T stop posting - it's such a great way for others to be continue their journey as well!

Happy Mother's Day - blessings on you!

Sherli
shermor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #1023
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Oh Brenda so sorry to hear that TOM is messing with you. Hang in there and I pray that the CD works for you!

Happy Mother's Day Brenda!
Thank you so much and Happy Mother's Day to you too, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Happy Mother's Day! Sorry about TOM, he's a beast!! Hope your CD was successful.
TOM is evil! Thanks Shari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermor View Post
Brenda & friends - I have SO enjoyed reading your journal! What a testimony to making up your mind & sticking with the program. You are & have done SO great!

I began March 31st on loading days & have done really well! I've loved losing the weight AND inches. I've cleaned out my closets 2 times & feel like I need to do it again! I just began phase 3 Thursday & even though I'm eating on protocol, I've still lost more weight.

I'm 59, so I'm not trying to get back down to my 6/8 size of days gone by (going thru the change of life totally messed with my perfect life & weight!) - and I've been up & down ever since. I've had a major loss in my life - my last sibling, my brother Starr, passed away from bone cancer in June of 2011. I was there with him for the last 6 weeks of his life & while it was emotionally SO overwhelming, it was also such a blessing to share those days praying & reading the scriptures to him. But after it all, I came home & was in such grief that I either ate everything in site OR nothing at all.

SO, here I am trying to get my weight back down...and HCG has helped. After p3 & p4, I plan to start all over again & go for it! I'm sure THAT sounds familiar Brenda! LOL!

Thanks for sharing your journey - it SO gives me hope & encouragement. Please DON'T stop posting - it's such a great way for others to be continue their journey as well!

Happy Mother's Day - blessings on you!

Sherli
Hi Sherli! I'm glad to 'meet' you. I'm so sorry for your loss but I am glad to hear you were able to spend time with your brother reading God's word. I'm sure it was a comfort to him. Grief played a major role in my weight gain as well. It's like I tried to fill the void with food. Needlesstosay, it didn't work. I'm happy you are joining us here. Hcg is a miracle and I'm glad you're having such success with it! Enjoy p3!

My steak cd was hard. I don't like skipping lunch. Why is it when you know you can't eat, it seems to make you that much hungrier? Anyway, I was down 2.4 this morning to 140.6 putting me back in my window at ldw +1.2.

My family took me shopping (1 hour car ride each way) and out to eat today (twice!) so I am dreading the scale in the morning.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: GY with cherries

Lunch: Texas Roadhouse 6oz sirloin with onions, mushrooms and jack cheese, 2 house salads with ranch

Supper: TGI Friday's wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, 1/3 cheeseburger (meat & cheese only, no bun)

Snack: hot chocolate made with almond milk, 1 tbls hwc, cocoa powder

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #1024
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm in my window this morning at 141.0. That's up .4 from yesterday. I really thought it would be more since I was in the car so much!

It's going to be an interesting day. It's the first real day of dd's summer break! Too bad it's still so rainy and gloomy here.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #1025
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
I'm in my window this morning at 141.0. That's up .4 from yesterday. I really thought it would be more since I was in the car so much!

It's going to be an interesting day. It's the first real day of dd's summer break! Too bad it's still so rainy and gloomy here.
Whoo Hoo on being in your LDW window! Sorry to hear that the weather is not so hot, get it, not so hot because you would like it to be hot?

Hope your Monday will get better!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #1026

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Congrats Brenda!!!! just hang tight and keep on going! You are doing great!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #1027

Congrats on getting back within window! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's day.

Sherli, Brenda is a great inspiration and true protocol poster child.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #1028
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Whoo Hoo on being in your LDW window! Sorry to hear that the weather is not so hot, get it, not so hot because you would like it to be hot?

Hope your Monday will get better!

It is supposed to actually start the big warm up tomorrow. Sunshine will be a nice welcome change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Congrats Brenda!!!! just hang tight and keep on going! You are doing great!
Hi Deb! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Congrats on getting back within window! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's day.

Sherli, Brenda is a great inspiration and true protocol poster child.
Aww, thanks Shari. I hate p2 so I doubt I would make a very nice poster child. It does work though! I wish I had known about hcg years ago.

Well, I think I overdid the food today.

Menu:

Breakfast: gy with cherries, strawberries

Lunch: hamburger with pepperjack cheese and provolone, mayo, mustard, red onion, salad with avocado, cheese, eggs, bacon, veggies, ranch

Snack: 1 piece coconut crack candy, very small shake with strawberries, almond milk, hwc, equal

Dinner: wedge salad with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese and homemade blue cheese dressing (pioneer woman), watermelon (large amount!)

We shall see what tomorrow holds on the scale but I feel stuffed right now.

DD & I did day 1 of P90X this morning. It was back and arms (I think) and Ab RipperX. Oh my. I definitely feel it in my arms. I need to get a pull up/chin up bar though. The pushups are HARD! Oh well, at least I can do them now! I have never been able to do a pushup in my whole life before P90! Goodness, I hope I don't gain weight on P90X the way I did on P90! I would hate for this to knock me into another round of p2!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #1029
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm at 141.0 this morning, exactly the same as yesterday, and 1.6 over my ldw.

I was wrong on the p90x for yesterday. It was chest and arms and ab ripper x. I am so sore in my upper body today! I can really tell such a difference in the workout levels from p90 to p90x. Today (day 2) was plyometrics. Now that was a cardio workout! DD said her legs were like jello. I was surprised that I could finish it, but I did.

I also walked a mile with dd yesterday evening. It was nice for the 2 of us to hang out and walk. Love that girl.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #1030
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy Moley! I am so sore in my upper body. It hurt to pick up my purse today. I think I did the cardio workout pretty well, but that back and chest from yesterday has got me so sore! Tomorrow is arms and shoulders. Ouch.

Menu for today:

Breakfast: gy with cherries, strawberries, 1/2 slice bacon

Lunch: chicken salad with Duke's mayo, veggies, watermelon

Snack: strawberry shake with almond milk, splash of hwc, strawberries, equal, small coconut crack candy

Supper: French dip roast beef, coleslaw with Duke's and tomatoes, watermelon
Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #1031
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm at 140.6 this morning, down .4 from yesterday and 1.2 over ldw! I feel like I ate so much yesterday. How wonderful to be able to eat and not gain weight! Thank you, Lord! I get up every morning wondering if I'm going to have to do a cd and it was such a joy this morning to see a low number!

(I wish I could edit yesterday's food to include 2 slices of provolone on the french dip roast.)

Dd is sore in her bottom half today but I feel like I've been in a fight (and lost) from my waist up. More upper body work planned for today. This should be fun.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #1032

FANTASTIC!!! Go Brenda!! Keep up the great work in P3!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #1033

Great job Brenda!! Congrats on stabilizing!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #1034
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies!

We did P90X day 3 - Shoulders and Arms today with Ab Ripper X. Good times!

My family says I'm always doing some sort of "P"... P2, P3, P4, P90, P90X.

Once again, I ate a lot of food!

Menu for the day:

Breakfast: 2 sausage patties, gy, strawberries, cherries

Lunch: chicken salad w/ Duke's mayo, coleslaw, lettuce, cucumber & cauliflower with blue cheese dressing, watermelon, strawberries

Snack: strawberry smoothie with almond milk, hwc, frozen strawberries, equal

Supper: 2 hotdogs, chili, coleslaw, gy with cherries, walnuts
Old 05-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #1035
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks ladies!

We did P90X day 3 - Shoulders and Arms today with Ab Ripper X. Good times!

My family says I'm always doing some sort of "P"... P2, P3, P4, P90, P90X.

Once again, I ate a lot of food!

Menu for the day:

Breakfast: 2 sausage patties, gy, strawberries, cherries

Lunch: chicken salad w/ Duke's mayo, coleslaw, lettuce, cucumber & cauliflower with blue cheese dressing, watermelon, strawberries

Snack: strawberry smoothie with almond milk, hwc, frozen strawberries, equal

Supper: 2 hotdogs, chili, coleslaw, gy with cherries, walnuts
Too funny on the family saying that you are always doing some sort of "P" plan. Your menu sounds soo tasty right now day number 19 for me and a ways to go. Enjoy P3, it looks like you are doing fine.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #1036
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm up 1 pound today at 141.6, 2.2 over ldw. I weighed about an hour earlier than usual and my hands are swollen. Time to pick a cd and get on with it... There's a possibility that I'm going out of town today so I will have to factor that in somehow.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #1037

Quote:
I'm up 1 pound today at 141.6, 2.2 over ldw. I weighed about an hour earlier than usual and my hands are swollen. Time to pick a cd and get on with it... There's a possibility that I'm going out of town today so I will have to factor that in somehow.
Oh Brenda, been there and done that!!! Waking up early and being puffy, always results in a higher weight. Good luck if you do a CD!! My CD are meat... all day ...
Old 05-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Brenda, have a good day today and weekend also!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #1039

Good morning Brenda, the body is so funny with fluctuations. I always have a better weigh in when I can sleep in vs. getting up early. I'm sure that's part of the weight difference. Hope your CD was successful!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #1040
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Oh Brenda, been there and done that!!! Waking up early and being puffy, always results in a higher weight. Good luck if you do a CD!! My CD are meat... all day ...
You sound like my dd. That girl would be happy just to eat meat and nothing else!

Quote:
Hey Brenda, have a good day today and weekend also!

Thank you, Maggie! You have a great weekend also!

Quote:
Good morning Brenda, the body is so funny with fluctuations. I always have a better weigh in when I can sleep in vs. getting up early. I'm sure that's part of the weight difference. Hope your CD was successful!
Thanks, Shari! My cd didn't work out as I had hoped.

The scale stayed the same and I'm at 141.6, 2.2 over ldw.

We went to Knoxville shopping yesterday and I was in the car for hours due to a part of the road being closed. (There was a landslide and a huge part of the road collapsed!)

I spent a lot on myself yesterday and I feel guilty today. I think part of it is from going years and years and years just hating to shop for clothes and shoes because of my size. I would make myself shop when I finally got to the point where I had nothing much left to wear. Now when I see something that fits and I think is pretty, it's like "Oh, I'd better get that so I'll at least have something to wear." I have waaaaaay too many clothes now. I am struggling with clothes though, because I really don't know what to wear. I don't want to look like a grandma and I don't want to look like a hootchie mama either. I need to find balance! I need to find someone to show me how to dress!

We did P90X Yoga yesterday. That was entertaining! It's hard to describe, but it was about strength, balance and flexibility. I'm pretty flexible, but not that strong. I thought I would be sore all day, but it wasn't so bad.

I tried to do a modified cd but it didn't work out.

Menu:

Lunch: 3 sausage patties, gy, strawberries, cherries

Supper: Texas Roadhouse, 10 oz sirloin with onions, mushrooms, jack cheese, 2 house salads with ranch

That wasn't a lot of food for me, so I was hoping to see the scale go down. Oh well. I will try a cd today. I'm thinking of the egg/hamburger one that everyone is doing so well with. I wish I understood the fat/protein/calorie/carb thinking behind cd's.

Last edited by Gilded Lily; 05-18-2012 at 06:50 AM..
Old 05-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #1041

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
eek a trip to knoxville! ugh night before last there was a huge wreck on I75 on ky side south of Williamsburg and that was closed too that road is scary now
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #1042
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
eek a trip to knoxville! ugh night before last there was a huge wreck on I75 on ky side south of Williamsburg and that was closed too that road is scary now
I know! I saw the video on Facebook. Scared me something awful! I was so nervous all the way there and back. I had to read and focus on something other than the road. I was driving dh crazy. Those huge trucks were out in full force too!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #1043
Blabbermouth!!!

I am back in my window today. I am down 1.6 today to 140.0, .6 over my ldw.

I did the egg/hamburger cd yesterday but failed at it miserably. You are supposed to eat a 7oz hamburger topped with an egg that has been fried in butter for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Most people get huge losses with this. I couldn't face that for breakfast, so I skipped it. I did eat the whole thing for lunch, but by supper it was just so gross. The hamburger was awful. I ate the egg and managed 1/2 the hamburger. You would think I would know better than to even try such a CD with my food issues. I never learn. I probably would have lost more if I had eaten all 3 meals. Now, to keep the weight from rebounding...

We did P90X Legs and Back with Ab Ripper X yesterday. I am feeling it in my backside! I still need to get a pull up bar. Not that I could actually 'do' a pullup. But where there is life, there is hope!

Dh is out running a 5k this morning. We hope to get some yardwork done today.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #1044

Great Jiob Brenda!!! You are doing so well, but sorry about the icky correction day!.. I personally love hamburger, and eggs, but together?? Not so much.

Have a great week ahead!!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #1045
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Deb! I hope you have a great week as well!

We did KenpoX on Saturday. It was fun. Hard, but fun. Lots of kicking and punching.

Also, we did a lot of yardwork and put down a whole truckload of mulch. Let me tell you, I felt that all in my back and shoulders. Still feel it!

Saturday's menu:

Breakfast: gy, strawberries, cherries

Lunch: Salad with chicken, avacado, eggs, bacon bits, ranch, cheese & veggies, watermelon (lots)

Snack: Smoothie with frozen strawberries, hwc, almond milk, and equal, almond butter, coconut butter

Supper: Salad, chicken, avacado, eggs, bacon bits, cheese, ranch & veggies

On Sunday, I gained 1.2 putting me at 141.2, 1.8 over ldw. Still in the window, but at the high end.

I did the P90X stretch hoping some of the soreness from the yardwork would go away. Dh did it with me.

Sunday's menu:

Lunch: Salad, chicken, avacado, eggs, cheese, bacon bits, ranch dressing & veggies, coconut butter, almond butter, canteloupe

Snack: Smoothie with frozen strawberries, hwc, almond milk, & equal, almond butter with cocoa, 1/4 t coconut oil

Supper: Salad with blue cheese dressing (mayo, sour cream, spices, blue cheese), bacon, & veggies

Today I STS on the scale, 141.2, which is 1.8 over ldw. I would like to see that number go down a bit, but I'm not sure how to make that happen.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #1046
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doing good staying within your LDW Brenda. KUYGW!!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #1047

Congrats on staying within your window while enjoying P3. I'm not surprised though..you do so well on protocol.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #1048
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies, but I am over today. I so hate that. But I know what happened to cause it anyway. I had to do some shopping and go to the grocery store yesterday and I didn't get home until after 6. By the time I got everything put away and got supper together, it was after 7 so I ended up eating very late. I was so tired and ended up going to bed at 9:30. I knew better than to eat so late but I was so busy by the time I looked up, it was late and I was hungry. Next time this happens, I need to REMEMBER and just have something light.

I'm at 141.8 today, up .6 from yesterday and 2.4 over my ldw. I'm surprised it's not more. Now I need to choose how to proceed. I'm beginning to have mixed feelings about cd's. I'm worried that doing too many can cause problems with metabolism but not doing them when needed can cause the gain to stick. I need to deal with it today too as I may be out of town all day tomorrow.

I messed up the P90X schedule yesterday. I thought we were supposed to work our way all the way through the dvds. Not so. We were to cycle back to the beginning after 7 days. (You go forward in week 4.) We were supposed to do Chest and Arms and ended up doing Core Synergentics. I am sore in places I didn't know I had on my body. Ouch! I guess we should have saved that one for week 4! (We are on week 2.)

Aldi's had those big bags of premade salad (basically lettuce, purple cabbage, some carrots which I take out of mine) on sale for .39 and I've been eating them everyday. They are awesome!

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: gy, strawberries, cherries, 2 slices bacon, 2 sausage patties

Lunch: salad, homemade blue cheese dressing, canteloupe (small amount), chili

Supper: salad, homemade blue cheese dressing, chicken w/ chipotle sauce (mayo, sour cream, spices, chipotle pepper)

Snack: almond butter, coconut butter, coconut oil
Old 05-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a question? Why would CD's mess with one's metabolism? Hang in there you are not too far over your LDW, I think.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:38 AM   #1050

That Aldi salad sale sounds awesome!!! I need to get me some of that!.. IF they have it here... Well I think you are doing wonderful, and eating late, will most definitely affect the scale!! Have a great day Brenda!