Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Congrats on the loss and clothes fitting again!! I'm convinced that weight loss on the protocol is different than weight loss on other plans...I guess it's the inches that melt away at a faster rate (?). My clothes are baggy again, waist is smaller and stomach pooch is even smaller..LOL. You have that LDW in the bag..congrats!! Do you flavor your yogurt outside of adding strawberries?
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #962
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Brenda you are doing Great! You are doing so many wonderful things for your body and you should be proud of yourself. Oh yes, church events always soooo much food and foods that are not necessarily good for us. I believe that we just have a warped way in which we have behaved with food(at least I have) and one day prayfully I can eat the things that God has given in the right way, giving thanks to HIM and not abusing the temple where the Holy Spirit dwells. I am so glad I came across your journal and I thank you for your support.

Have a Blessed day!
Oh Maggie, I so agree! Church pot lucks are the worst! We will often say Grace over a plate of food that we KNOW is bad for us and ask God to bless the food to the nourishment of our bodies. God is faithful to care for us though. Wish we were as faithful to care for ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Morning Brenda!! I love what you said above about if God made is as food, I want to enjoy it!.... That is what I am doing now... enjoying.. but just enough.. Not losing real fast, but I can't complain!!..

Watching you girls with interest on how you are doing!! GO GIRL, you are sooo close!!!. And exercising too!!! amazing!

Have a wonderful day and week ahead!!
Thanks for the encouragement Deb! We should enjoy what the Lord gave us! We are meant to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on the loss and clothes fitting again!! I'm convinced that weight loss on the protocol is different than weight loss on other plans...I guess it's the inches that melt away at a faster rate (?). My clothes are baggy again, waist is smaller and stomach pooch is even smaller..LOL. You have that LDW in the bag..congrats!! Do you flavor your yogurt outside of adding strawberries?
Thanks Shari! I agree with the weight loss being different. It must be a higher percentage of actual fat that is lost causing more inches lost. Yay for baggy clothes! You might be close to going down a size. The sizes move down so much faster at this weight. I do use an artificial sweetener in my GY. Wish I didn't, I know it isn't healthy, but one addiction at a time is all my poor brain can handle!

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #963

I was going to salute you if you didn't..LOL. I love yogurt now with jello packs and don't know if I could eat it plain now. Whatever works, right? Hope you had a nice loss today. Oh and I saw your post on the hcg thread...there are people losing nicely using FF and then going back to protocol food and keeping the weight off...I don't know how that work but I'd give it a try when I feel my body needing fat again. Hey, I'd try most anything...LOL. Have a good one!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #964
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Brenda, hope the scales are good to you today. You are doing an awesome job KUTGW!
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #965
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I was going to salute you if you didn't..LOL. I love yogurt now with jello packs and don't know if I could eat it plain now. Whatever works, right? Hope you had a nice loss today. Oh and I saw your post on the hcg thread...there are people losing nicely using FF and then going back to protocol food and keeping the weight off...I don't know how that work but I'd give it a try when I feel my body needing fat again. Hey, I'd try most anything...LOL. Have a good one!
LOL... I've never tried the Jello packs but gy is so versatile. I have to be really careful in p3 or I will eat nothing else. The kind I buy is so low calorie, I don't think I am eating to my max calorie level in p3. I am going to try the full fat if I can find it around here. If not, I'll just go back to making it again. I really need to anyway as it can get pricey.

Shari, is the yogurt you use Greek yogurt? I think the Greek is supposed to work better for you because it has much less whey.

It seems that some people are losing a bit faster with adding cream to their coffee everyday. I've read of several people doing that. Since the scales weren't good to me today, I'm thinking of trying it. Other than subbing the gy, I've never gone too far from protocol. It actually scares me because of the whole p3 reset thing. I don't want to mess that up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Brenda, hope the scales are good to you today. You are doing an awesome job KUTGW!
LORETTA! It's good to see your pretty face! Hope you are well!

Well, I was hoping to avoid it, but I had my first gain this morning. I finished VLCD15 and gained .6 giving me a total loss of 5.8. I'm at 143.2, leaving me 1.8 to get back to LDW from last round. I think it's ovulation time which causes me to gain. Oh well, it is what it is.

I did P90 Sculpt yesterday. Also, I ordered the P90X last night. That thing scares me! I'll probably just watch the dvds in disbelief. When I first started P90, I couldn't do a pushup. I can do one now so that is encouraging.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi
GY, strawberries, chicken

P2D15 +.6 -5.8
Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 AM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 245/Less/Even Less :)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Everyday!
Sounds like you are doing great in the exercise department. I am NOT giving up my walking even if the scale shows something that I may not be happy about. Brenda somewhere on the HCG Forum someone posted that they used a sauna. I read in Pounds and Inches that swimming was fine and a sauna but what about a steam room? I guess we are not supposed to really sweat, is that the idea? I am thinking about getting to the gym only 2 days a week and start doing some leisure laps in the pool but wondered about using the whirlpool for legs afterwards and maybe the steam room but am not sure if I should do this. I thought I would ask you to see what you think because sometimes the ladies on the other boards can be a little "snarky"
Old 05-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #967

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
A LITTLE snarky?.... I hear you there Maggie! Brenda you are doing awesome!! I can't believe you can exercise like you do and stick to P2!!! More power to you little lady!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #968
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Sounds like you are doing great in the exercise department. I am NOT giving up my walking even if the scale shows something that I may not be happy about. Brenda somewhere on the HCG Forum someone posted that they used a sauna. I read in Pounds and Inches that swimming was fine and a sauna but what about a steam room? I guess we are not supposed to really sweat, is that the idea? I am thinking about getting to the gym only 2 days a week and start doing some leisure laps in the pool but wondered about using the whirlpool for legs afterwards and maybe the steam room but am not sure if I should do this. I thought I would ask you to see what you think because sometimes the ladies on the other boards can be a little "snarky"
Hmmm, I don't recall anything in P&I about not sweating? I sweat a ton when I exercise. I can't imagine that it would hurt you, but I am no expert. The only thing I would be concerned about is getting light headed. I do that sometimes if I get up too fast or if I get out of a hot bath really quickly. Otherwise, I can't see anything wrong with it. LOL about the snark. Online snark is soooooooooo middle school. And it is so common.

Quote:
A LITTLE snarky?.... I hear you there Maggie! Brenda you are doing awesome!! I can't believe you can exercise like you do and stick to P2!!! More power to you little lady!..
No one has ever called me "little" before. Deb, I ordered that crazy p90x last night. I seriously need to have my head examined! DD says she will do it with me. Now where have I heard that before?! You'd think I would learn. I am a sucker.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well actually Deb they can get down right RUDE if you ask me. I like the word snarky so I guess they can get REALLY snarky!

Really!

Last edited by MagieDen; 05-01-2012 at 05:44 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #970

I don't like greek yogurt and I've tried a few brands thinking that was the reason. I prefer reg full fat yogurt...I know, odd. I still use hwc, everyday for several cups of coffee. I'd rather lose slower than give that up and it really doesn't seem to affect my losses...I'd give it a try

Maggie~I couldn't agree more.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:58 AM   #971
Blabbermouth!!!

I finished VLCD16 and I lost the .6 I gained (I really, really think ovulation) plus another .8 giving me a total loss of 7.2. I'm at 141.8, leaving me .4 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did P90 Cardio yesterday.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D16 -.8 -7.2

I watched "Fork Over Knives" last night. A plant based diet looks really hard but so many people have found healing from it. I do know this, I am going to become an avid label reader. The junk in "food" is killing us all. I have got to find a replacement for this artificial sugar. I eat way too much of it. And I need to get rid of my Diet Pepsi. I wish we didn't love what is bad for us.

For some reason, watching these movies about bad food has really helped me stay focused in p2!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
I finished VLCD16 and I lost the .6 I gained (I really, really think ovulation) plus another .8 giving me a total loss of 7.2. I'm at 141.8, leaving me .4 to get back to LDW from last round.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D16 -.8 -7.2

I watched "Fork Over Knives" last night. A plant based diet looks really hard but so many people have found healing from it. I do know this, I am going to become an avid label reader. The junk in "food" is killing us all. I have got to find a replacement for this artificial sugar. I eat way too much of it. And I need to get rid of my Diet Pepsi. I wish we didn't love what is bad for us.

For some reason, watching these movies about bad food has really helped me stay focused in p2!
I love my Diet Dr Pepper and will never give it up until it is pried from my cold dead hands..

Hey, you have given up so much for this, enjoy your Diet Pepsi unless it is really bothering you..

CONGRATS!!! on getting so close Brenda!!.. you are doing awesome!!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #973
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Deb!

I had a quick thought and wanted to write it down before I forget.

Simeons protocol reminds me of Dave Ramsey's saying "Live like no one else, so later you can LIVE like no one else!" It really is like paying off debt or any other thing you want to put behind you. Put in the time and labor and you will see the dividends. I love Dave Ramsey.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #974

Quote:

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D16 -.8 -7.2

Wow, Brenda you got this!!! Congrats!! I consume a lot of artificial sugar too. You're right, I know it's not good to consume as much as I do. Funny about the bad food movies help you in P2...

Quote:
I love my Diet Dr Pepper and will never give it up until it is pried from my cold dead hands..

Hey, you have given up so much for this, enjoy your Diet Pepsi unless it is really bothering you..

CONGRATS!!! on getting so close Brenda!!.. you are doing awesome!!
OMG...I almost spit my water on the computer screen
Old 05-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Deb!

Simeons protocol reminds me of Dave Ramsey's saying "Live like no one else, so later you can LIVE like no one else!" It really is like paying off debt or any other thing you want to put behind you. Put in the time and labor and you will see the dividends. I love Dave Ramsey.

Commen sense like Grandma gives, only we keep our teeth in. Dave Ramsey as well.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:51 AM   #976

Great quote! Hope you are doing well Brenda and have a great day.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #977
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Deb!

Good Morning Brenda, very inspirational and motivational quote. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are doing well today
Old 05-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #978
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi ladies. Hope you are all well today.

Deb, I believe I have said the same thing about my Diet Pepsi. It is starting to cause me problems though. Boo. I love it so.

Shari, I'm eating more artificial sugar than ever since I use it in GY. I am at EXCESS levels.

Quote:
Commen sense like Grandma gives, only we keep our teeth in. Dave Ramsey as well.
Hi Maggie! Yay for teeth! Dave Ramsey has such a common sense approach. So simple.

I finished VLCD17 and I STS giving me a total loss of 7.2. I'm at 141.8, leaving me .4 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did P90 Sculpt yesterday. I checked and the seller has shipped the P90X. What am I getting myself into?

I did yardwork last night and I think I am holding water as my fingers are swollen and my rings which are usually very loose are tight today. I really need to start taking more interest in my yard and landscape. It's so hard to get it back in shape when you let it go for a couple of seasons.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D17 -.0 -7.2
Old 05-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #979

yeah if the rings are tight, that workout is causing some water to be held. It'll release soon. KUTGW!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #980

Awe sorry to hear the Diet Pepsi is causing trouble for you... well shucks! Like I said before, you are so TINY, that you can tell the effects of every little thing!! I don't worry about that YET..

Keep on doing what you are doing, so close to your goal!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #981
Blabbermouth!!!

I finished VLCD18 and I lost .2 giving me a total loss of 7.4. I'm at 141.6, leaving me .2 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did P90 Cardio yesterday. I believe it was day 93.

In terms of losses, this round has been dismal. I wanted to drop below 140 so I would have a bit of wiggle room, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to even get down to 140. Including today, I only have 3 more dosing days.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D18 -.2 -7.4
Old 05-04-2012, 05:13 AM   #982

you have done a wonderful job Brenda!! A number is just a number. You are exercising and I bet you are looking great!!! PICSSSSS!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #983
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
you have done a wonderful job Brenda!! A number is just a number. You are exercising and I bet you are looking great!!! PICSSSSS!!!!
DITTO
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Like Deb said I am sure that you are losing some great inches with all the exercising you are doing Brenda. I am sorry that you are disappointed that you may not be able to lose as much as you thought you would.

Have a nice weekend Brenda!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #985
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for all the support ladies! I wanted to come in and update yesterday but I was busy and didn't get an opportunity.

I did P90 Sculpt on Friday. The P90X dvds came on Saturday and I'm afraid to even take them out of the box.

I finished VLCD19 on Saturday and I lost 1.2 giving me a total loss of 8.6. That put me at 140.4, 1 pound below my LDW from last round. This morning, I finished VLCD20 and lost 1.0 giving me a total loss of 9.6. I'm at 139.4.

Menu for both days:

diet pepsi

P2D20 -1.0, -9.6
Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #986

WOW!! congrats on your new DECADE!!! you are doing MARVELOUS!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #987

Whoo-Hoooo!!! Congrats one entering a new decade and passing below last LDW!! What a way to end a round...I'm sure you're happy and can now enjoy P3! Enjoy.

ETA: also congrats on exercising.

Last edited by shari; 05-07-2012 at 04:40 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #988
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, ladies!

Today is my first non-dosing day and I must say I'm so ready for p2 to be over!

This morning, I finished VLCD21 and STS giving me a total loss of 9.6 for the round. My last dosing weight is 139.4. Funny, my LDW from last round was 141.4, the exact 2 pound window from this round.

I had a nightmare last night that I finally, finally made it to p3 and the first thing I did was eat an Oreo cookie. I was frantic that all my hard work in p2 was for nothing and I had to go back and do a full 21 days of p2 to get the reset. That would be a nightmare!

I am doing my last dosing a little different this time. I took 2 doses of hhcg yesterday, the last one at 2pm. (If I had thought ahead, I would have taken it at noon.) That way I will be able to eat p3 foods at around 2pm tomorrow instead of waiting until the next day. I have to keep reminding myself to go slow, but I'm so ready to end this round!

I had my outfit picked out for church yesterday and had to change. The pants were enormous. The pair I ended up wearing were baggy too. I really didn't think a couple of pounds would make much of a difference in the way my clothes fit, but on hcg it most certainly does. It is surprising! My tops are a little big too. I think I will fill out a bit on p3 though so I'm not going to buy anything else for awhile.

Menu:

diet pepsi

P2D21 -0, -9.6
Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 AM   #989

CONGRATS ON BAGGIE CLOTHES!! Brenda this is so awesome for you! .. so happy you have succeeded this round to get down below your LDW. AMAZING!!..

When you are that TINY, of course a few pounds makes a huge difference and with exercising and HHCG, you are sculpting a new you!!!..

I know you are ready for P3, so get that good food ready, too funny about your oreo dream!!! I know we have all had food dreams when dieting, but that is hilarious!..
Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #990
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Brenda, AWESOME! job You will do well on P3 don't worry.