Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #931
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
I finished VLCD6 and I am down .8 this morning giving me a total loss of 3.0 for this round. I'm at 146.0. I have 4.6 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did my p90 Cardio workout yesterday. It was day 82. Dh did it with me.

The hunger did abate somewhat yesterday. I upped the drops to 15X3/day as opposed to 12X3/day.

Menu for yesterday:

2 diet pepsi
GY, strawberries
GY, strawberries

P2D6 -.8 -3.0

Today was torture. I went to lunch at an Italian resturant with my church small group and it lasted forever. Torture. Sheer torture. I took my drops beforehand and just had diet pepsi. I had GY when I got home. Hope waiting so long to eat didn't mess up tomorrow's loss.

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 04:55 AM   #932
Blabbermouth!!!

I finished VLCD7 and I am down .6 this morning giving me a total loss of 3.6 for this round. I'm at 145.4. I have 4.0 to get back to LDW from last round.

I'm still having some hunger but it's not at the panic level as it was last week. I still would like for it to lessen.

Also, I was taking a homeopathic allergy spray and I stopped that just in case it was interferring with the drops.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi
GY, strawberries
GY, strawberries, 1 oz chicken

P2D7 -.6 -3.6
Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #933
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Gosh Brenda, that is not much food!.. Of course you are tiny, but is that GY enough protein? Listen to my Mommy Advice... haha.. as long as you feel well, keep doing what you are doing! It is working for you!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #934

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
OMG...what torture for sure! Italian restaurant and didn't eat off plan?! My hat is off to you!! Congrats because it paid off. You are doing so well. No doubt you'll get below LDW during this round. Is there another number you're trying to reach or you'll be happy at whatever number you end this round on? Just curious..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday! :)
Gosh Brenda you are doing Great!!!!! I pray that your hunger subsides, did you add any more protein? I thought I heard somewhere that one should really get close to at least 500 calories. I guess you are losing, but that hunger sounds hard. I pray upping the drops helps. Hang in there!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #936
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies. The hunger is MUCH better. This is what I know. Never, ever, ever in a million years start hcg and TOM at the same time. Never, ever, ever. P&I warns against it for a reason. The hunger is crazy. At least get a week of hcg under your belt if you can. TOM on hcg is hard anyway but TOM at the beginning of hcg is almost unbearable. At least for me.

GY is rich in protein. GY is my world. I wouldn't want to give it up... even for hcg. And I do eat enough of it to go over the 500 calories. I did give up the melba though. Big sacrifice.

Maggie, upping the drops has helped TREMENDOUSLY. Now if TOM would just vacate the premises, I would be a semi-happy camper. I don't think you can ever be completely happy on p2, but that is just me.

Shari, when they brought those breadsticks, I had to look away. I really don't have a number in mind. I would like to be around 140ish or below. At my age, I have so much loose skin that I have to balance that out with my weight. I really can't go too much lower, though I would like to. I would like to weigh 135 but I think my skin would look even worse. I'm a size 8 which beats the heck out of my old size 20W. I just keep trying to remember that.

Hey Mama Deb, p2 is lean times, for sure. I'm trusting Dr. S that I'm getting way more calories than 500 though. He hasn't let me down so far.

Last edited by Gilded Lily; 04-23-2012 at 07:03 AM..
Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A size 8 sounds so much better than a size 20 that is for sure. Sounds like TOM is hitting hard, sorry I am only hoping TOM doesn't want to show up on Friday when I start. Am I pretty safe starting even though he just left? I do hope so but I don't have to start on Friday I can wait awhile. What say you?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #938
Blabbermouth!!!

If he just left, you will be fine. That's a great time to begin hcg, imo. You know when we first start TOM, how snacky, munchy we get? It's like that only magnified. Not fun on hcg. Can't wait to see how you do!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #939

You're my dream size What an accomplishment!! You're a true witness of the power of the protocol. For you to be able to maintain around LDW for a year is amazing!! Were you eating P4 during this time?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #940
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Shari. Hcg sure is the fast ticket to weight loss, but it's not easy. But when you finally hit the sweet spot, it's like coasting. Sadly, I've not hit it yet.

I did eat p4 on maintenance. I tried to avoid junk during the week but on the weekends I paid no heed whatsoever. If I wanted it, I ate it. So, on Mondays I would eat much less and try to avoid sugar/starch. It worked well for our lifestyle here. The holidays were easy and I didn't gain anything. If I overindulged, I just cut back some the next day. And I weighed every.single.day. FOR ME, that is the key. If I don't weigh myself, I don't think about weight and I eat poorly. It never fails. If I have that number in my head, I have some direction for the day. But it never controls me - it just directs the path.

I finished VLCD8 and I am down .4 this morning giving me a total loss of 4.0 for this round. I'm at 145.0. I have 3.6 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did the P90 Sculpt routine yesterday. I really don't want to give up exercise. When I lose weight, I get so scrawny on top and the workouts have really helped that. Now, if it would just do something for the bottom half. My thighs are just ridiculous.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi
GY, strawberries, grape tomatoes
GY, strawberries, grape tomatoes, chicken

P2D8 -.4 -4.0
Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #941

How inspiring! I like your plan about the week vs. weekend..it definitely was successful. Now getting the body to exercising seems to be the glitch now (?). You're sooo close to LDW Hope that sweet spot comes soon....you're right, it's like coasting then. Congrats on exercising..that'll definitely tone your target areas.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #942
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Shari.

I finished VLCD9 and I STS this morning giving me a total loss of 4.0 for this round. I'm at 145.0. I have 3.6 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did the P90 Cardio routine yesterday.

I would like to get down to 138 so that 140 would be at the top of my window, but that's not going to happen. I lose so slowly and think my ADL is less than .5 now. No way will I be able to lose 7 pounds in the 12 days that are left. Oh well. It's just a number...

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D9 -0 -4.0
Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #943

I had to think for a moment what STS was... At your weight, that is probably expected on a daily weigh in!! You are doing awesome!

Have a great day Brenda!!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #944
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a good day today Brenda, you're doing great!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #945

Ditto, you're doing so well!! You're a success story already!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #946
Blabbermouth!!!

I finished VLCD10 and I'm down .8 this morning giving me a total loss of 4.8 for this round. I'm at 144.2. I have 2.8 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did the P90 Sculpt routine yesterday.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi
GY, strawberries, chicken

P2D10 -.8 -4.8
Old 04-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #947
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're doing good and moving on down on that scale. KUTGW!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #948
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Maggie.

Hi Shari and Deb!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #949

Good morning ms Brenda!! Wow you like to stick to the same menu too!! when I was doing P2, I stayed with the same thing because I didn't have to think, and it was easy... You are doing wonderful girl!.. Keep it up!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #950

Morning Brenda, WTG!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #951
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, ladies. Deb, I rarely change my p2 menu because I'm so darn lazy. I put food on autopilot and I don't have to think about it. Less obsessing that way! Some people find it incredibly boring, but it doesn't bother me.

I finished VLCD11 and I sts this morning giving me a total loss of 4.8 for this round. I'm at 144.2. I have 2.8 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did the P90 Cardio routine yesterday. I have 2 more days to complete the 90 day session.

It is discouraging to not lose. I have btdt so many times, you'd think I'd be over it by now. But it is still disappointing to be expecting a loss and see that same old number. Perhaps I should shake up my menu.

My adl is still over .4 but I'm not going to be able to go below 140 this round. And I really hope this will be my last round forever.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D11 -0 -4.8
Old 04-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Good morning, ladies. Deb, I rarely change my p2 menu because I'm so darn lazy. I put food on autopilot and I don't have to think about it. Less obsessing that way! Some people find it incredibly boring, but it doesn't bother me.

I finished VLCD11 and I sts this morning giving me a total loss of 4.8 for this round. I'm at 144.2. I have 2.8 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did the P90 Cardio routine yesterday. I have 2 more days to complete the 90 day session.

It is discouraging to not lose. I have btdt so many times, you'd think I'd be over it by now. But it is still disappointing to be expecting a loss and see that same old number. Perhaps I should shake up my menu.

My adl is still over .4 but I'm not going to be able to go below 140 this round. And I really hope this will be my last round forever.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D11 -0 -4.8
Sorry you feel discouraged Brenda, I guess that is the mental part of this protocol. I know you can be where you want to be and be happy and satisfied with the releases. My concern for so many is that our thinking about the way we view ourselves is a problem and I can only pray that you will see that you are Fearfully and Wonderfully made. Hang in there. Awesome on the exercise and accomplishing a 90 day session. I know your body loved you for it!

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-27-2012 at 06:12 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #953

Congrats on exercising..that's wonderful!! Perhaps changing things up a bit will get your body out of it's comfort/stall zone. I totally agree with Maggie, it's definitely mental as you know the scale will move..but it is frustrating not knowing when or how long before it happens. As I say and truly mean it, you're a success already!! You've maintained at goal for a year!! Only because of the exercise did the scale change..look how far you've come. Truly inspiring.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #954
Blabbermouth!!!

I finished VLCD12 and I lost .8 this morning giving me a total loss of 5.6 for this round. I'm at 143.4. I have 2.0 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did the P90 Sculpt routine yesterday. Almost done with the 90 day challenge!

I was in a dark place mentally yesterday. P2 makes me feel isolated. So much of our social lives center around food. P2 puts me in a place where I don't want to be around people who are eating. I just can't go there. So I cut myself off. And it can get depressing. But it's only for 21 days. And I only have 9 left. I can do it.

I need to say that my hunger left 2 days ago! I'm so glad about that! I have lots of head hunger though but it is a totally different feeling. I still feel some hunger but it's not that panic-y, hurtful kind.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi

P2D12 -.8 -5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Sorry you feel discouraged Brenda, I guess that is the mental part of this protocol. I know you can be where you want to be and be happy and satisfied with the releases. My concern for so many is that our thinking about the way we view ourselves is a problem and I can only pray that you will see that you are Fearfully and Wonderfully made. Hang in there. Awesome on the exercise and accomplishing a 90 day session. I know your body loved you for it!
Funny you should mention this, Maggie. A couple of days ago I was thinking about how God gave me a wonderful body to start life with. And I felt so guilty for not taking care of it. It's my own fault for almost destroying it. I will always have the loose skin and the stretch marks as reminders. All actions have consequences. But this I do know, the Lord showed me the path to getting the weight off and I am so thankful for that! He is good all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on exercising..that's wonderful!! Perhaps changing things up a bit will get your body out of it's co tmfort/stall zone. I totally agree with Maggie, it's definitely mental as you know the scale will move..but it is frustrating not knowing when or how long before it happens. As I say and truly mean it, you're a success already!! You've maintained at goal for a year!! Only because of the exercise did the scale change..look how far you've come. Truly inspiring.
I just love you, Shari. IMO, hcg is the most MENTAL diet out there. It is not for everyone. One day you're up, the next you're down. I think hcg makes me more emotional too. I can get real close to having a p2 pity party and then I start laughing at myself. It's like I'm focusing on the trees and not the forest! 9 more days...
Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #955
Blabbermouth!!!

We watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" last night. For some reason, it made me feel so not "alone" in this thing. The part where the guy was sitting all alone on a hill in the middle of nowhere drinking his Thanksgiving meal really spoke to where I was mentally yesterday. Also, when the other man was watching everyone else grill out on the Fourth of July while he sat with his cup of juice was another familiar sight. I've got to say that we ordered a juicer this morning. I won't juice fast (probably!) but as a supplement it sounds great. I won't start until I'm well into p3. At least that's the plan for now.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #956
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodness Brenda I get emotional before Tom so I know that I will be going into some deep dark places with the Hcg that will take alot of prayer not to go into. You got through it and I am glad. It is a lonely place at times not being able to eat the way others do but like you said I damaged this body and now I have to work on finding a way to get some health back. I do believe with God before us who can be against us, it will be in His strength that I get back some or even all my health back. I will not be perfect but I can be better than I am today. Thank you for your post.

BTW- I am soooo sick of loading, but I know it is needed.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #957

Sorry you were going through some dark mental days. No doubt, the protocol can do that..it's such a mental plan and it takes away your attachment to food..which a lot of us use for comfort and like you said, definitely as a means to socialize with others. I felt that way briefly on Saturday when the other parents at the track meet were eating sweets, pasta salad (my fav) and other snacks. I was able to somewhat participate by eating a grilled turkey burger and turkey hot dog. I hope you're feeling better. You only have single digits to go, if I'm not mistaken..you can do it!!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #958
Blabbermouth!!!

On Sunday, I had finished VLCD13 and I lost .6 giving me a total loss of 6.2. I was at 142.8, leaving me 1.4 to get back to LDW from last round.

Today I've finished VLCD14 and lost .2 giving me a total loss of 6.4. I'm at 142.6, leaving me 1.2 to get back to LDW from last round. I really hoped to get lower than that this round. But it's ok if I don't. My clothes fit again!

I finished the Power 90 system of 90 days of exercise! I've got to keep going with something though. It's so easy to lose ground. I hope to get a new system ordered soon, but for now will just continue this.

Menu for yesterday:

diet pepsi
GY, strawberries

P2D14 -.2 -6.4

Maggie, it is amazing to me how much my life and our world revolves around food! I have been thinking a lot about how I want to eat after protocol. There is so much conflicting data out there. It will make your head spin just to listen to all of it. I have come to the conclusion that if God made it as food, I will eat it and rejoice. I know He would not make anything as food that would hurt His children. I'm so looking forward to hearing about your journey!

Shari, there is no doubt that p2 is mental. Oh my goodness! I try my best to be a p2 hermit. I know that was hard for you to sit through. I did it with my church group this round and hated every minute of it. I end up getting mad about the whole thing and just wishing I had stayed home. I'm so fun to be around! Congrats to you for hanging tough!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #959
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Brenda you are doing Great! You are doing so many wonderful things for your body and you should be proud of yourself. Oh yes, church events always soooo much food and foods that are not necessarily good for us. I believe that we just have a warped way in which we have behaved with food(at least I have) and one day prayfully I can eat the things that God has given in the right way, giving thanks to HIM and not abusing the temple where the Holy Spirit dwells. I am so glad I came across your journal and I thank you for your support.

Have a Blessed day!

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-30-2012 at 05:18 AM..
Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #960

Morning Brenda!! I love what you said above about if God made is as food, I want to enjoy it!.... That is what I am doing now... enjoying.. but just enough.. Not losing real fast, but I can't complain!!..

Watching you girls with interest on how you are doing!! GO GIRL, you are sooo close!!!. And exercising too!!! amazing!

Have a wonderful day and week ahead!!