Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Brenda, thank you for responding to my post. So should I if I continue my walking in P2 and into P3 & 4 do a correction day in P3 if my weight is up from the exercising? I know I should do it if I haven't eaten correctly but wondered about the exercise because of water weight as well. Do I make sense? I guess I am to make a correction anytime I am up above my LDW correct?

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter Sunday to you.

He has Risen!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #902
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Congrats on the loss Brenda! You are the protocol poster child. Hope you have a great Easter weekend.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #903
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
I'm down another .8 this morning so I'm at LDW +5.6. If I can get back in my window, I won't do another p2. I really could stand to lose 10 more pounds, but the loose skin is tellling me not to!

I've been really, really watching my food intake this week. I've been trying to eat supper early and that seems to help. Also, I've had GY for a couple of meals each day. I don't want this weight to rebound though. Hhcg is the ONLY thing I've ever done that has kept the weight off, so this method I'm doing now has me a bit concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Brenda, thank you for responding to my post. So should I if I continue my walking in P2 and into P3 & 4 do a correction day in P3 if my weight is up from the exercising? I know I should do it if I haven't eaten correctly but wondered about the exercise because of water weight as well. Do I make sense? I guess I am to make a correction anytime I am up above my LDW correct?

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter Sunday to you.

He has Risen!

HE IS RISEN INDEED!

All of this is JMO! I would continue the walking in p2, p3 and p4. But listen to your body in p2 and don't push it too much. I would wait until p4 before I ramped up the exercise to a whole new level. P3 is for stabilizing. You don't want to have to continue heavy exercise to maintain. Just keep the exercise to where you are now in p3.

If you go out of your window in p3 or p4, do a CD. After my experiences, I totally recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on the loss Brenda! You are the protocol poster child. Hope you have a great Easter weekend.
Aw, thanks Shari! You are always such a wonderful encourager! I hope you have a fabulous Easter as well!

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #904
Blabbermouth!!!

I started a round of hhcg (the last of the Mediral brand) with my first VLCD yesterday, 4-16-12. I loaded (in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge) over the weekend and gained 7.4 which is typical for me.

My first VLCD went well though I was hungry and headachy. I ate GY and strawberries for both meals. I also had steamed broccoli for supper. And I had one Diet Pepsi.

I did P90 day 77 and my DH did it with me. I've never exercised on p2 (or p3) before so I'm going to play this by ear.

This morning I am down 4.8 and have 2.6 to go to get rid of the load weight. I am going to count my original (pre-loading) weight at 149 for this round, even though my LDW from last round was 141.4. I'm at 151.6 this morning.

VCLD1 -4.8 today +2.6 total this round.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #905
Blabbermouth!!!

Today is VLCD 2 and it is kicking my butt. I'm very hungry and I've already eaten all my food for the day. Oh and TOM has made an appearance.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #906
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hang in there, TOM still in the house for me as well + a cold.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #907
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Magie! You hang in there too and I hope you get rid of that cold soon!

I finished VLCD2 and I am down 2.6 this morning which is the rest of the load weight (7.4). I'm at 149.0 which is my exact starting weight.

Yesterday was rough. I don't recommend starting a round with TOM. You need a few days under your belt to avoid the hunger and weakness.

Menu for yesterday:

1 diet pepsi
GY with strawberries, steamed broccoli
grilled chicken, green beans, apple, melba toast

P2D2 -2.6 +-0
Old 04-18-2012, 06:01 AM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Thanks Magie! You hang in there too and I hope you get rid of that cold soon!

I finished VLCD2 and I am down 2.6 this morning which is the rest of the load weight (7.4). I'm at 149.0 which is my exact starting weight.

Yesterday was rough. I don't recommend starting a round with TOM. You need a few days under your belt to avoid the hunger and weakness.

Menu for yesterday:

1 diet pepsi
GY with strawberries, steamed broccoli
grilled chicken, green beans, apple, melba toast

P2D2 -2.6 +-0
Your menu sounds good, I guess you would be considered rogue? Do you stay within 500 calories or do you do more if you need it? I will be loading on the 27th. of this month so I will need all the support I can get. Good success to you.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #909
Blabbermouth!!!

I am a rules and regulations kind of gal. Seriously! You have no idea... LOL

I do try to stay in the 500 calorie range, give or take a bit.

My first 3 rounds were STRICT protocol. My 4th round I subbed GY for protein as I have issues with meat. I have always had issues with meat and it makes Simeon's kind of hard for me. I'm not a big fan of the veggies on the list either so that's a double whammy. Most of the time I would just skip the veggies. Blah. This time I made up my mind that I would branch out (slightly) and try different veggies instead of skipping them altogether. I'm not really much of a rogue person. I think Simeon's works best when followed to the letter and I don't advocate that anyone veer from it. But, we all must do what we have to do to continue on. Better looser protocol than no protocol at all! To each his own!

I'm looking forward to following your journey! Hcg is the best!

Last edited by Gilded Lily; 04-18-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #910

WTG Brenda!!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #911
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am a rules and regulations kind of gal. Seriously! You have no idea... LOL

I do try to stay in the 500 calorie range, give or take a bit.

My first 3 rounds were STRICT protocol. My 4th round I subbed GY for protein as I have issues with meat. I have always had issues with meat and it makes Simeon's kind of hard for me. I'm not a big fan of the veggies on the list either so that's a double whammy. Most of the time I would just skip the veggies. Blah. This time I made up my mind that I would branch out (slightly) and try different veggies instead of skipping them altogether. I'm not really much of a rogue person. I think Simeon's works best when followed to the letter and I don't advocate that anyone veer from it. But, we all must do what we have to do to continue on. Better looser protocol than no protocol at all! To each his own!

I'm looking forward to following your journey! Hcg is the best!
I am thinking that I will be sticking to Simeon's Protocol as well. I will be approaching this a little different for myself I guess you could say. I will be occupying myself with an online Bible Study called The Lord's Table and will be reading a book called A Hunger for God. I am praying that I can gather insight to myself and use the Protocol as like a time of fasting and prayer.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #912
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
WTG Brenda!!
Thanks, my friend!

Quote:
I am thinking that I will be sticking to Simeon's Protocol as well. I will be approaching this a little different for myself I guess you could say. I will be occupying myself with an online Bible Study called The Lord's Table and will be reading a book called A Hunger for God. I am praying that I can gather insight to myself and use the Protocol as like a time of fasting and prayer.
Now that sounds PERFECT! I really feel in my heart that God led me to this plan. I prayed so hard about losing weight and within days God showed me a way! I am so thankful! I think you will do great with it. I so look forward to hearing how you do.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #913
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Now that sounds PERFECT! I really feel in my heart that God led me to this plan. I prayed so hard about losing weight and within days God showed me a way! I am so thankful! I think you will do great with it. I so look forward to hearing how you do.
It is truly confirmed for me that HE did!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #914
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It is truly confirmed for me that HE did!
That is awesome!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #915
Blabbermouth!!!

I finished VLCD3 and I am down 1.2 this morning giving me a total loss of 1.2 for this round. I'm at 147.8. My LDW from last round was 141.4 so I have 6.4 to go to get back there.

I did my p90 Sculpt workout yesterday. Pushups are crazy hard for me, but I am doing them. They aren't pretty but that's ok. I'm not out to impress anyone with my workout skills.

Menu for yesterday:

1 diet pepsi
GY with strawberries, grape tomatoes
GY, apple, grape tomatoes

P2D3 -1.2 -1.2
Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I finished VLCD3 and I am down 1.2 this morning giving me a total loss of 1.2 for this round. I'm at 147.8. My LDW from last round was 141.4 so I have 6.4 to go to get back there.

I did my p90 Sculpt workout yesterday. Pushups are crazy hard for me, but I am doing them. They aren't pretty but that's ok. I'm not out to impress anyone with my workout skills.

Menu for yesterday:

1 diet pepsi
GY with strawberries, grape tomatoes
GY, apple, grape tomatoes

P2D3 -1.2 -1.2
Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #917

Whoo-hooo!! Go Brenda!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #918

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Hello Ms Skinny!... congrats on all your success so far!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #919
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies! Hi there, Deb! How are things with you?

I finished VLCD4 and I am down .6 this morning giving me a total loss of 1.8 for this round. I'm at 147.2. I have 5.8 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did my p90 Cardio workout yesterday. It was harder than usual but at least I did it. I had hoped that adding exercise would speed up the loss this round. We shall see.

I still had crazy hunger yesterday and even considered stopping p2. Never, ever start a round with TOM. So not worth it. I even wondered if my drops are still good. If it doesn't pass today, I will give more thought to getting new hhcg.

Menu for yesterday:

1 diet pepsi
GY, strawberries, grape tomatoes
chicken, apple, green beans, melba

P2D4 -.6 -1.8
Old 04-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #920
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Good Morning Brenda, good job on your releases
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #921
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Loretta. So nice to see you!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #922

What a gorgeous AVI !!! Congrats on your loss, and you are so little! How tall are you Brenda? I am so impressed that you have kept this weight off for so long!.. AMAZING!! Best of luck to you on this round!!.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #923
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, thanks Deb. I used to claim 5'6" but I'm actually probably around 5'5" or 5'4". My body is not proportioned right though. No matter how small I get, my thighs are still gigantic. Hcg really did seem to do a metabolism reset for me. I was looking through my journal and it seems my last round was May 2011. It wasn't too hard to maintain my ldw. Adding in exercise did a number on me though.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #924

oh how well I can relate to the BIG LOWER HALF part!! I am such a pear, and no matter what I do, I never feel proportioned right! You are still small though, so YAY for you!!.. Exercise is great for most, but man I just can't get back into it.

Do you think exercise is making you hungrier? In any case, do what is best for you!!...
Old 04-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #925
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
oh how well I can relate to the BIG LOWER HALF part!! I am such a pear, and no matter what I do, I never feel proportioned right! You are still small though, so YAY for you!!.. Exercise is great for most, but man I just can't get back into it.

Do you think exercise is making you hungrier? In any case, do what is best for you!!...
Deb, it's funny about the exercise. I was a total couch potato for a decade at least. I hate exercise but I started a program with my dd to get her motivated. I know some people gain when they start an exercise program so when my weight crept up I just assumed (roll eyes) it would come back down. I should have done a CD but I was afraid I wouldn't have the energy to do a workout. I don't track calories and all that but I was eating p3 style and can't say I really ate much more while working out. I have no idea why but I gained around 8 or 9 pounds from it and just couldn't get rid of it. I tried low carbing the best I knew how but it wouldn't move. I tried adding even more exercise (2 hours a day!). It didn't work. So, I'm back to hcg. I don't love it while I'm doing it but it has worked for me before so I'm giving it a go again. Btw, my dd has lost around 8 pounds since we started exercising. LOL
Old 04-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #926
Blabbermouth!!!

I finished VLCD5 and I am down .4 this morning giving me a total loss of 2.2 for this round. I'm at 146.8. I have 5.4 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did my p90 Sculpt workout yesterday. It was day 81. Dreading the cardio today.

I had really bad hunger again yesterday. There is a pattern to this. I'm mostly ok until around 4pm. I always have a little bit of hunger, the kind that is always there in the back of your mind but it is manageable and I feel in control of it. Then around 4pm, Katie bar the door. It gets bad. Last night I was feeling weak and lightheaded and slightly dizzy. I'm going to increase my drops today (from 12 to 15) to see if that helps. No way can I continue with that feeling, especially when the losses are slow. I'm thinking of increasing my protein, as well.

Menu for yesterday:

2 diet pepsi
chicken, cucumber, strawberries

P2D5 -.4 -2.2
Old 04-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #927
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I finished VLCD5 and I am down .4 this morning giving me a total loss of 2.2 for this round. I'm at 146.8. I have 5.4 to get back to LDW from last round.

I did my p90 Sculpt workout yesterday. It was day 81. Dreading the cardio today.

I had really bad hunger again yesterday. There is a pattern to this. I'm mostly ok until around 4pm. I always have a little bit of hunger, the kind that is always there in the back of your mind but it is manageable and I feel in control of it. Then around 4pm, Katie bar the door. It gets bad. Last night I was feeling weak and lightheaded and slightly dizzy. I'm going to increase my drops today (from 12 to 15) to see if that helps. No way can I continue with that feeling, especially when the losses are slow. I'm thinking of increasing my protein, as well.

Menu for yesterday:

2 diet pepsi
chicken, cucumber, strawberries

P2D5 -.4 -2.2
Goodness Brenda, do add more protein, no fainting allowed. If increasing the drops help, please do also. I hope you start to feeling better, how many days have you been on Hcg? Your workouts sound intense, do you enjoy them?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #928

Brenda you really should not feel that way. I would most defnately increase protein, it will not make you gain. Even the old dr said it wouldnt.

Congrats to your daughter losing while exercising!! It really is strange that you gained, if you were not eating more. hummm... How do those on the Biggest Loser do it? HOURS a day of exercise and they still lose huge amounts.

Have a great day and be healthy lady!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #929

Congrats Brenda on the loss! I agree, add the protein...hope you're feeling better. Congrats to your daughter too!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #930
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Goodness Brenda, do add more protein, no fainting allowed. If increasing the drops help, please do also. I hope you start to feeling better, how many days have you been on Hcg? Your workouts sound intense, do you enjoy them?
LOL, I hate the workouts. But truly, the hardest part is pushing play and getting started. I whine and moan about it though! When I first started, I thought I was going to die (not literally, but you know what I mean). Now I can do most of it with little pain. Time to move it up after p2. Thanks for asking, Maggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Brenda you really should not feel that way. I would most defnately increase protein, it will not make you gain. Even the old dr said it wouldnt.

Congrats to your daughter losing while exercising!! It really is strange that you gained, if you were not eating more. hummm... How do those on the Biggest Loser do it? HOURS a day of exercise and they still lose huge amounts.

Have a great day and be healthy lady!!!
Thanks Deb. I started this whole p90 thing for dd and then she quit me on around day 70. She says she'll start back tomorrow. We'll see. I'm not going to bank on it. IDK about the Biggest Loser. Funny, dh and I were just talking about that. I am sure they know a lot more about nutrition than I do. And I'm sure with THAT amount of exercise, you would burn off calories. But can you imagine how much exercise it would take to burn off a couple of cookies? Not that I had cookies. Often. I did take the weekends off, food-wise.

Quote:
Congrats Brenda on the loss! I agree, add the protein...hope you're feeling better. Congrats to your daughter too!
Thanks, lady. I appreciate you!