Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 05:50 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Deb I'm so sorry your daughter is going through bullying! How awful!! Hope things come together and a solution is found...I know this definitely tugs at your heartstrings.
I agree with Deb, you loss during a very stressful week and stayed on plan that's a major accomplishment. And don't forget that you're still losing inches when the scale is slow or not showing a loss.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Ladies, thank you so much for your kind words. When you are down, the kindness of a friend is like a light in the dark! DD has been staying busy and last night I dropped her off at the movies with a different group of friends and her smile just lit up my heart! And an amazing lady reached out to her and lifted her up like you wouldn't believe. It was lovely.

I had fully planned on doing an apple day today but I woke up to a 1 pound loss. I really think that's the last week 3 I will ever do. When you do long rounds, the sorry losses in week 3 can really get to you mentally. I lost 2.4 this week. I do believe upping my drops has helped though as the hunger isn't as bad.

I need clothes! I don't have much of anything in this size. And the next size down in my closet is so old it looks like it's from the 1980's. I sure do hate to spend the money on clothes that I don't plan on wearing long though. I wonder what everyone else is doing about clothes?

Daily Stats: R2P2VLCD19 -11.8

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #333

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Ladies, thank you so much for your kind words. When you are down, the kindness of a friend is like a light in the dark! DD has been staying busy and last night I dropped her off at the movies with a different group of friends and her smile just lit up my heart! And an amazing lady reached out to her and lifted her up like you wouldn't believe. It was lovely.

I had fully planned on doing an apple day today but I woke up to a 1 pound loss. I really think that's the last week 3 I will ever do. When you do long rounds, the sorry losses in week 3 can really get to you mentally. I lost 2.4 this week. I do believe upping my drops has helped though as the hunger isn't as bad.

I need clothes! I don't have much of anything in this size. And the next size down in my closet is so old it looks like it's from the 1980's. I sure do hate to spend the money on clothes that I don't plan on wearing long though. I wonder what everyone else is doing about clothes?

Daily Stats: R2P2VLCD19 -11.8
That is wonderful Brenda!!! So happy for your DD pretty much what we had to do with ours, she started hanging out with her other friends and has been happy since then. Thank god for the special woman too!!!

Congrats on the pound! I just realized you did a 40 day round last time? WOW.. no way I could do that... you have really knocked off the pounds quickly!! EXCELLENT!! I'm with you on the clothes, I don't want to spend yet.. and then have to do it again and again. I'm thinking of going to a clothing store that takes recycles gently used clothes.. they are cheap!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sassy_red
Stats: 230/192.2/145 - 5'8"
WOE: HCG/Simeon's Protocol
Start Date: 23 July '10 (R1P2) ~ 7 Sep '10 (R2P2)
I'm so glad you're little girl is doing better. God bless his angels out amongst us!

I hear you on the week 3 - mine was so dismal I took an interruption, or else I'd have exploded!! I'd go three days no loss, then a piddling loss, then another three days... My interruption helped immensely with my motivation and now that I'm in week "4" I'm back to losing!! Hope this pound loss means you're out of the proverbial woods!!
sassy_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #335

Good morning Brenda, great news about your daughter. Congrats on the release..that's 2.4lbs gone forever!!

When I first did Atkins and lost a lot of weight I found a very nice thrift store..I mean the clothes there were practically brand new most times..I shopped there just to get those in-between sizes. I was determined that I was not going to get new clothes until I reach a size 14 and that was a great motivator for me. I found some really great deals there and spent under $20 for a whole new wardrobe..lol.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

No loss today. Again. *sigh* R2P2VLCD20 -11.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That is wonderful Brenda!!! So happy for your DD pretty much what we had to do with ours, she started hanging out with her other friends and has been happy since then. Thank god for the special woman too!!!

Congrats on the pound! I just realized you did a 40 day round last time? WOW.. no way I could do that... you have really knocked off the pounds quickly!! EXCELLENT!! I'm with you on the clothes, I don't want to spend yet.. and then have to do it again and again. I'm thinking of going to a clothing store that takes recycles gently used clothes.. they are cheap!
Thanks Deb! You know, I really didn't have any trouble doing a 40 day round. This second round is harder mentally but the first time was no big deal. I think I was just in shock and awe at finally losing weight!

I am gonna have to check out some thrift stores or wear the same 2 pair of jeans over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_red View Post
I'm so glad you're little girl is doing better. God bless his angels out amongst us!

I hear you on the week 3 - mine was so dismal I took an interruption, or else I'd have exploded!! I'd go three days no loss, then a piddling loss, then another three days... My interruption helped immensely with my motivation and now that I'm in week "4" I'm back to losing!! Hope this pound loss means you're out of the proverbial woods!!
Thanks, Sass. I hate week 3. Never again. Come on week 4 and speed it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning Brenda, great news about your daughter. Congrats on the release..that's 2.4lbs gone forever!!

When I first did Atkins and lost a lot of weight I found a very nice thrift store..I mean the clothes there were practically brand new most times..I shopped there just to get those in-between sizes. I was determined that I was not going to get new clothes until I reach a size 14 and that was a great motivator for me. I found some really great deals there and spent under $20 for a whole new wardrobe..lol.
Thanks Shari. I am so excited about wearing smaller sizes! I haven't enjoyed clothes in so long. Most of the clothes in my closet are black.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #337

Good morning Brenda, have a great day!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 AM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Shari. You too!

I'm down .6 this morning.

Daily stats: R2P2VLCD21 -12.4

My average is less than last round at this point.

Lots to do today... will try to check in later.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #339

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Thanks Shari. You too!

I'm down .6 this morning.

Daily stats: R2P2VLCD21 -12.4

My average is less than last round at this point.

Lots to do today... will try to check in later.
BUT IT IS HIGHER THAN AVERAGE OVERALL! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME! ISN'T THE COOL WEATHER WONDERFUL!!!???!! SORRY AGAIN WITH THE CAPS LOCK ugh
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #340

Good morning Brenda, congrats on the release yesterday! Are you going to do P3 soon? Hope you have a great day.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm down .6 this morning. Yay!

Daily Stats: hhcg R2P2VLCD22 -13

I'm having a dozen or so people over tonight and while I love having guests, the whole food issue drives me crazy. It will be after the supper hour but I still feel like I need to have food. I'm Southern... I can't imagine not offering a guest food! One of the ladies is bringing a dessert and I've thrown together a cheese dip with chips and a tray of tortilla pinwheels. I'll also put out some drinks and fruit. It's just so weird to serve people food and not eat it. And since I can't taste it to make sure it's good, I don't want to get elaborate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
BUT IT IS HIGHER THAN AVERAGE OVERALL! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME! ISN'T THE COOL WEATHER WONDERFUL!!!???!! SORRY AGAIN WITH THE CAPS LOCK ugh
Thanks buddy! The weather is the bomb! I bet you're already decorating for Christmas! You can come and do my decorating this year. I absolutely hate dragging all my stuff out and going through it.

Quote:
Good morning Brenda, congrats on the release yesterday! Are you going to do P3 soon? Hope you have a great day.
Thanks Shari. No p3 for me for a while yet. I want to lose as much as I can before Thanksgiving. I "plan" (operative word "plan") on doing p2 for 40 or so days and then starting p3 3 weeks before Thanksgiving. That will put me in p4 just in time for the holidays. I plan on staying on p4 for the rest of the year and then doing another round beginning Jan. 1. That's the plan anyway. We all know how that is.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 AM   #342

Congrats on the loss! Here cheering you on through P2..go you! Hope you enjoyed yourself last night.

Debk!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:19 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Awesome job Brenda, KUTGW
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies. I hope you all are well.

I had a crazy day today and I'm finally checking in at 9:14 pm. I'm not getting much sleep this week and I'm running around like crazy but otherwise I'm totally on protocol.

I was down .4 this morning.

Daily stats: hhcg R2P2VLCD23 -13.4
Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Brenda, KUTGW
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:11 AM   #346

Quote:
Thanks ladies. I hope you all are well.

I had a crazy day today and I'm finally checking in at 9:14 pm. I'm not getting much sleep this week and I'm running around like crazy but otherwise I'm totally on protocol.

I was down .4 this morning.

Daily stats: hhcg R2P2VLCD23 -13.4
That is wonderful! even with little sleep! .. you go Brenda!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:29 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Lo and Deb! Hope you both have a wonderful day!

I am down a whole pound this morning! Finally!

Daily stats: R2P2VLCD24 -14.4

I am finally feeling less hungry too. I think upping the drops has helped. The nephew was down over 3 pounds yesterday.

I am about halfway there in my weightloss. I've lost 40 and have about 40 to go.

I'm going to have to stop p2 in a couple of weeks though. I would love to keep going until I reach goal but I have too many holiday obligations coming up. Oh well. Maybe I'll get that fabulous p3 reshaping to make up for it.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:19 AM   #348

AMAZING stats, Brenda!! WTG!! My hat if off to you for sticking in P2 this long..I know you said you actually like it ..lol. Good thing because you will definitely reach goal soon!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
AMAZING stats, Brenda!! WTG!! My hat if off to you for sticking in P2 this long..I know you said you actually like it ..lol. Good thing because you will definitely reach goal soon!
Thanks, Shari!

"Like" might be a strong word but I do love the results. It keeps me motivated to keep on going! Another thing I love about p2 is that it takes the drama out of food. There really are not many decisions/choices to make and that just makes it so much easier for me. There is so much less stress wondering what to eat to get the results I want. I'm weird, I know.

I was down .4 this morning. A little loss, but I'll take it!

Daily Stats: R2P2VLCD25 -14.8

I had really hoped to lose as much this round as last, but it's not looking likely. I will just do my best in the time I have left on this round.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Nephew was down another 3 pounds this morning.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

R2P2VLCD26 -15.6

Down .8 this morning.

I have to buy clothes. I found some jeans in my closet that fit but they are from the MC Hammer era. I didn't realize they had gotten so outdated. I have boxes and boxes of clothes that are now too big for me.

I am thinking I have around 2 weeks left on p2. I really need to hold out until then before buying anything but I feel so slouchy in these baggy clothes. Well, it's either Pants On The Ground or Hammer Time!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #352

Quote:
R2P2VLCD26 -15.6

Down .8 this morning.

I have to buy clothes. I found some jeans in my closet that fit but they are from the MC Hammer era. I didn't realize they had gotten so outdated. I have boxes and boxes of clothes that are now too big for me.

I am thinking I have around 2 weeks left on p2. I really need to hold out until then before buying anything but I feel so slouchy in these baggy clothes. Well, it's either Pants On The Ground or Hammer Time!
Now that is funny! Nothing I love more than to put on clothes and they are too big when you put them away because they were too tight. WTG, Brenda!! You're doing wonderful on protocol!!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #353

Quote:
R2P2VLCD26 -15.6

Down .8 this morning.

oooh that is the BEST problem to have! you iz going to be so HAWT for the holidays!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

No loss yesterday.

I was down 1 pound this morning though! I needed that mentally. Yesterday dh brought home KFC and seeing and smelling it made me really grouchy. I guess I wasn't grouchy enough because later he brought home DQ Blizzards. That 1 pound this morning made everything better!

Daily Stats: R2P2VLCD28 -16.6

I am in week 5 now and hope my losses pick up. On day 28 last round I had lost 19 pounds which is 2.4 more than this round... which is the difference in my loading gains. No more crazy, over-the-top loading for me. Eating well yes, gluttony no.

When I hit p3 I am going clothes shopping. I have very few things that fit me right now. The jeans that do fit are so out of style! It's been so long since I've been able to wear fashionable clothes that I'm not even sure what the current style is!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #355

the waist lines are higher on jeans than they had been thank goodness! ENJOY your shopping this time!!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:09 AM   #356

Quote:
No loss yesterday.

I was down 1 pound this morning though! I needed that mentally. Yesterday dh brought home KFC and seeing and smelling it made me really grouchy. I guess I wasn't grouchy enough because later he brought home DQ Blizzards. That 1 pound this morning made everything better!

Daily Stats: R2P2VLCD28 -16.6

I am in week 5 now and hope my losses pick up. On day 28 last round I had lost 19 pounds which is 2.4 more than this round... which is the difference in my loading gains. No more crazy, over-the-top loading for me. Eating well yes, gluttony no.

When I hit p3 I am going clothes shopping. I have very few things that fit me right now. The jeans that do fit are so out of style! It's been so long since I've been able to wear fashionable clothes that I'm not even sure what the current style is!

Congrats Brenda!! You're totally rocking the protocol...weight loss and new clothes..love it! WTG!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 AM   #357

Hey Brenda, how's it going?

Debk~looking good!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:06 AM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks ladies! Hope you all are well!

Yesterday I lost .2 (R2P2VLCD29 -16.8) and this morning I am down .8.

Daily stats: R2P2VLCD30 -17.6

I have been having some swelling in my ankles and don't know why. I wonder if it's hhcg related?

I have lots going on right now (good things!) and it's making my head spin. It's also causing insomnia. Yesterday I was awake at 3 am. I know I don't lose as well without sleep.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:54 AM   #359

Quote:
Thanks ladies! Hope you all are well!

Yesterday I lost .2 (R2P2VLCD29 -16.8) and this morning I am down .8.

Daily stats: R2P2VLCD30 -17.6

I have been having some swelling in my ankles and don't know why. I wonder if it's hhcg related?

I have lots going on right now (good things!) and it's making my head spin. It's also causing insomnia. Yesterday I was awake at 3 am. I know I don't lose as well without sleep.
Dang Brenda you are on a long round again huh? You definately have more guts than ME!! Congrats on your loss! Swelling in the ankles huh? I get that every day, but I think it is more because I sit and sit instead of getting up and walking around more.. not sure.. Hope it is nothing!!

Slow down girl!... yeah right huh?
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Dang Brenda you are on a long round again huh? You definately have more guts than ME!! Congrats on your loss! Swelling in the ankles huh? I get that every day, but I think it is more because I sit and sit instead of getting up and walking around more.. not sure.. Hope it is nothing!!

Slow down girl!... yeah right huh?
Yep, I'm a fan of the long round. For me it's easier to just keep going than it is to start again. A body in motion tends to stay in motion and all that...

Hmmm... I don't know on the ankles either. I will keep an eye on it. Glad you know what's causing yours! I might have had too much salt. Yesterday I started backing off my potassium. I might have been taking too many. (8!!)

I am actually having such a good time right now that for the first time in months Simeon's Protocol is not my first waking thought! God is good!