Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sassy_red
Stats: 230/192.2/145 - 5'8"
WOE: HCG/Simeon's Protocol
Start Date: 23 July '10 (R1P2) ~ 7 Sep '10 (R2P2)
Sassy's HCG Journey

So after a lot of impatient waiting, blowing up the HCG threads with tons of newbie questions, and a whole lot of worrying and soul-searching whether this is something I want to/can do, the day has arrived. Today I finally received my HCG drops in the mail and immediately put 6 drops beneath my tongue, then went out and ate like crazy. So far today I've had a shrimp po'boy, 1.5 biscuits and a chicken wrap from Popeyes, and a small carton of Phish Food B&J ice cream.

I'd heard that loading was not fun but I had no idea how hard it really would be. It's nice to think about that you can eat whatever you want, but when it comes down to it all you can think of is: where do I start?

Tomorrow I go back to low-carb, high fat; still loading but I'm used to low carb and may as well continue that. I'm also used to small meals so forcing myself to eat is HARD!!!!!

Anyway, on to beginning (at least for my HCG journey):

Beginning Weight: 218.2 lbs

Goal for Round 1: 195 lbs
Potential loss of: 23.2 lbs in 21 days

I figure shoot for the moon you'll land among the stars. I figure if I can lose 15 lbs even I'd consider this experiment a success.

R1P2 * Pre-load: 218.2 lbs ~ LDW: 204.0 - 14.2lbs lost!!
R2P2 * Previous LDW: 204 ~ LDW: 192.2 - 11.8lbs lost!!

2010 Goal: 180 by Christmas!
sassy_red is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, dinner was a burger (sans bun) with American cheese, Roma tomato slices and roasted chiles. I could barely get it down, no flipping joke!

I dosed three times today: 2:30, 7 and 10pm. My bottle says to take six drops 6x a day so it's going to take me some time to get a routine. I'm thinking I can do it according to my work schedule: 4am, 6:30, 9:00 (my lunchtime), 11:30-12:30, 3pm and 6-7pm. I really need a little notebook to keep track of it all though (and this journal so doesn't count!).

Omg but I'm miserable! I can't help but wonder WTH I see in OD'ing on carbs anyway - they didn't even taste that good!! I'd had another 1-minute muffin when I got off work, just before getting the HCG; I think the fiber there REALLY hindered my ability to eat. Anyway, one more day of loading (oh thank you Lord, I don't think I can take much more of it) then on to the protocol. Tomorrow will be busy dividing and weighing the groceries I bought this afternoon; despite deciding not to use the Melba toast I bought it anyway just in case, along with a crapload of apples. And so it begins lol

Hmm, seriously sneezing here. May need to dust the apartment a bit this weekend.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:06 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Load day 1: 220.0 lbs

To any HCG newbies out there thinking load days will be fun, that overeating on your favorite things is awesome...well it ain't. It sucks hardcore - makes everything you do eat, well, less tasty when you "have" to eat it. Sort of like how reading certain books by yourself is awesome, but being forced to read them for school sucks.

I'm so, SO very glad this'll be over tomorrow.

This morning was a (very soggy *blegch*) tuna fish sandwich with 20oz water, an enzyme/probiotic combo and my multi. I dosed at 4am, and will do so again almost every work break (~every 2-3 hours).
Old 07-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch: a strawberry cream cheese muffin and a chocolate milk. Ugh, I can't finish this muffin - I may as well be eating straight mayo, I can't make myself like this stuff.

For anyone reading this saying "Whatever, she's totally being a drama queen and faking hating eating this", I seriously challenge you to try and eat as much as you can. Consciously set out to overeat, even if it's your favorite stuff, with the mentality that you HAVE TO.

Yeah. Not so fun then is it?!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I think when next I load I'm going to either do it low-carb or at least use more natural fats: I'm bloated, Bernice (and her pet gas) refuses to leave, and things I'd normally like are gross. I know I've been trying too hard so I'm going to ease up a bit and switch to high fat, low carb meals for the rest of my loading.

=====

This afternoon is supposed to be spent with me preparing for the upcoming week's diet plan but now because of the carb overload I just want to sleep. My stomach is also giving me what I think is acid reflux, a very annoying and ughy feeling.

My menu plan is simple: separate the LF beef into individual 3.5oz beef patties, so they can easily be put on the grill. Do the same with the chicken, but I'm thinking I can get away with a bit more chicken per serving but no more than 4oz. I don't intend on using the Melba much, I figure 2 apples a day will be snack enough. I now have an easy apple core-r which should speed things along. Fun apple dessert ideas will come later.

======

Thinking about this is all that keeping me sane today at work. I'm so queasy and moody from the carbs, I'm afraid I'll take it out on someone else if I'm not careful
Old 07-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Exotic
Stats: 237/217/200
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: 03/01/2011
Hi Sassy, Congrats on starting your HCG Diet. Today is my first loading day too, I haven't eaten much though. That's weird, because normally I'm eating everything I see. I'm doing injections so Day One is Load, Day Two is Load, and Day Three start Low calorie diet. Hey, I wish you lots of luck at getting to your goal weight, it isn't easy. I have to continue to try and cry, try and cry. I'll be sure to come by your thread and check you out.

Exotic

Last edited by Exotic; 07-24-2010 at 01:00 PM..
Exotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
I wanted to check out your journal. I am here to back you up on the "loading sucks" statement! It absolutely does! Tomorrow is my VLCD1. I am really nervous. I don't think I will have trouble w/ the first day because I will be so bloated from today and loading, but day 2 has really gotten me nervouse. Certainly I haven't eaten all this crap for nothing so I will have to stick to it.
cookie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Exotic! Yeah eating when you HAVE to is hard because you suddenly don't seem hungry! From everything I've read though it's a very important stage for the whole protocol so load up as much as you feel your body can take and good luck!!

Kandi!! Looks like I'm going to be a day behind you as I've decided on one more load day before I take the plunge. Don't worry about it until you get there though: if anything focus on yourself, the weight you're going to lose and what you want to do three short weeks from now!! Measure everything, get all your meals ready, and don't sweat it until the cravings/hunger/whatever becomes an issue: just remember you've got a whole bunch of people here who will cajole, browbeat and distract you if/when you absolutely need it!!
Old 07-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Ha, I am enjoying the loading, LOL. Maybe I'm more of a pig than I thought! :blush:
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Potaty I'm enjoying it a bit more tonight because I'm not forcing it, but I still don't feel so great about stuffing myself. I've got one more day of loading but I'm tired of forcing it, I'm just going to eat higher fat but not constantly like I have been the last day and a half.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

So: dinner tonight was supposed to be just a Carl's Jr western bacon six-dollar burger in lettuce wrap but the Dude was slaving away laying cement for his family so I picked him up some Coldstone icecream (I'd told him yesterday we were going to get some then got the Ben and Jerry's instead). Couldn't take it: got a bowl for myself. Got to his parents house and they had gotten pizza so had that.

Folks, if someone tells me that I didn't load on enough fat this round, well, they've got a SUPER warped view of food!!!

I've decided to go one more load day to be absolutely certain it's done fully, but tomorrow is going to be TOTALLY low carb. I can't take all I've eaten these last couple days, and Bernice just won't come no matter what I eat or drink (I thought two 1-minute flax muffins would get the ball rolling but nada). I need to stock up on some teas so may be picking up Smooth Move for times such as this. Pretty sure I gained a few pounds today, I'm really hoping this protocol works like they say.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:47 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo Bernice has left the building!! About time too, I was thinking of getting a full-on laxativeif nothing happened today!!

Another loading day for me, as well as my first prep day re: food. I still need to go get some items (mainly spices but also some small ziploc bags) but my scale and foreman grill are set up and ready to be used! My plan is to cook for maximum of a week ahead; I can get awfully lazy and if I have stuff already fixed it's easy to grab it and go. With the handy-dandy apple slicer I got (I'm not a big fan of eating straight off the fruit) I'm hoping to make everything as easy I can for myself.

My intention is to make this round as plain and simple as I can so won't be using much sodium-based seasonings (as I can, there's a few I love), preferring hopefully to use straight spices. I've got my ground beef and chicken ready to be portioned out; I used to work for Subway so I have some idea what 3.5oz is, but it'll be interesting to see how I make it work. It's still hard to figure how I'm going to "survive" on 500 calories a day, HCG or not!

Now though, I'm going to try and get back to sleep because being up on my one weekend day at 4:30 am is SO not right!!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Despite Bernice finally showing up I'm up to 224.2 lbs for loading day 2. All that pizza I had yesterday is probably what did me in. Up six pounds from my lowest LC weight - highly disappointing but a good thing for loading right?

I looked at my conditioner this morning and sure enough, it contains coconut oil. So today will be the last time I wash my hair with it - probably won't get a comb through my unruly mane for another 3 weeks after today.

After waking up at 4am this morning I couldn't get back to sleep so I fixed all my proteins, separating and freezing some and cooking the rest. I mixed up some extra lean ground beef with some leftover ground sirloin I had and made mini-burgers; by the time they were done cooking they'd shrunk an ounce. The chicken I lightly seasoned with lemon pepper and made 2lbs worth which should last me the entire week. I still need seasonings and veggies; I bought two large cucumbers but I get the feeling they're going to go bad before I can properly get to them. I'd planned on starting today, and had originally shopped accordingly.

I can feel my tummy rumbling for food so I'm going to fix myself some tuna (with extra mayo ) before starting in on the house stuff. My place is a sty; clothes everywhere from aborted prior attempts to finish laundry etc. Time to consolidate and move forward on this mess!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sassy, I don't know if you have a 99 cent store by you, but they have those green baggies for keeping fruits and veggies longer in. Better than paying the $10 at a regular store. And you can reuse them.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

I just stepped on the scale and, even after I ate the tuna, the scale read 223.6 lbs. Way to confuse a girl: I need a better scale.

Kandi we do indeed have a local Dollar Store and I'm headed there today to pick up some stuff. I've seen the tiny baggies that are about half the length of regular sandwich bags and that would be perfect for my protein portions. I have a list of other stuff I need to get as well and hopefully I can find a lot of it there (our dollar store has a grocery section too although you admittedly have to shop carefully lol).

Last edited by sassy_red; 07-25-2010 at 09:31 AM..
Old 07-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: walkingwoman
WOE: maintaining 124-128 range
Start Date: 2/1/13
Just wanted to say Hello and wishing you great success!
walkingwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Loading day 3: 223.0 lbs

Let the Protocol begin!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch menu for day 1:
20oz green tea w/ 1 packet Truvia
lean hamburger patty
spinach salad
- dressing consists of distilled ACV and mustard; need to prepare better
cored and sliced apple

I didn't get a Melba toast; if I find I need more to snack on then perhaps I'll add it. For now however, even though I have it in my pantry I'm leaving them off the menu.

It'll be interesting to see what the scale reads tomorrow. I've seen some people who have lost upwards of 5lbs the first *day* and while I'm not expecting that it would be cool to be at my previous low weight only a couple days into this protocol!

Personal note: not really too sure how much I like the Truvia/stevia. I had one packet in my tea this morning and, while I didn't get a great taste (think I needed another packet) I wasn't too impressed. We'll see how it works though.

My tummy is starting to rumble so I think I'll have an apple slice or two at break. No cravings yet, which is nice, but I'd prefer it not get that far. I just hope the apple's sugars don't adversely affect me.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sassy, Don't be scared. I lost 4 pounds and ate a whole apple, a whole orange, and one melba toast. You are going to do great.. then we are going to be hooked.

How many weeks are you planning on doing the VLCD?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wmay12
Following along with you. This is day 1 for me (loading). I have been eating like I was loading for the past month! Do you think I still need to load? Or do I need to combine with the drops??
Good luck to us.
wmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Wmay, I'd say follow the protocol's guidelines for loading, remembering that you also dose on those days. My thoughts are that I probably could/should have loaded more than just the three days because while I was LCing this last time I had very little hunger so didn't eat much; I think I made up for it these last few days but only time will tell. You'll do fine, look forward to losing with you!!

Kandi, I plan on only doing the protocol the 23 days as I'm heading up to Canada next month to see my sister. I'm hoping to be down to 195 by then but will be thrilled if I lose even half that amount!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

TMI warning!!

O. M. G! Hurricane Bernice has hit BIG TIME!!! I seem to be making up for a week's worth of irregularity in one morning. Keeping myself hydrated but, wow.

My own fault really: I splurged on Atkins Endulge bars yesterday and am now paying the price. At least now I know I'm all cleaned out and ready to go!!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

So far this morning I've drunk 60oz of water (20 of which was tea technically), and I've gotten a bit of a headache. Took some ibuprofen and a little salt just in case it was something electrolyte related (shouldn't be but I figured it couldn't hurt). Thing is, the teeny salt packet listed dextrose as an ingredient. I used it very sparingly, hopefully I won't get a full-blown head pounder.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wmay12
Just took my second dose of drops for the day. I feel bloated from all of the food. Pants too tight.

Do your drops tingle under your tongue?
wmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmay12 View Post
Just took my second dose of drops for the day. I feel bloated from all of the food. Pants too tight.

I've heard several people mention their bottles cause tingling or numbness but mine are really mild. According to my drop bottle I need to take 6 drops, six times a day. More than likely I have a diluted form but as long as it works I won't worry too much.

My pants were super tight by my third loading day; I felt totally uncomfortable and bloated by day two. My third day I gave up on eating nonstop and just pigged out whenever I was hungry, which may be why I lost that day.

Just stay the course, we can do this together!!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

So I had my Melba toast after all. Hopefully the hungers will subside as the days go on.

The pain meds seem to have kept the headache at bay but it's like I feel it lurking in the background waiting for its chance. I'm not necessarily tired but I'm a bit stressed by money matters and have a million things to do today. Of course I have to have this much on a day I'll be getting the Induction flu... *sigh*

Still not 100% sure what dinner will entail but it'll either be chicken and spinach (stuff I already have), fish and asparagus (stuff I don't), or something else undecided. (ugh, brain fried right now and I dunno who ).
Old 07-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmay12 View Post

Mine tingled a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_red View Post
So I had my Melba toast after all. Hopefully the hungers will subside as the days go on. The pain meds seem to have kept the headache at bay but it's like I feel it lurking in the background waiting for its chance. I'm not necessarily tired but I'm a bit stressed by money matters and have a million things to do today. Of course I have to have this much on a day I'll be getting the Induction flu... *sigh*

Still not 100% sure what dinner will entail but it'll either be chicken and spinach (stuff I already have), fish and asparagus (stuff I don't), or something else undecided. (ugh, brain fried right now and I dunno who ).
Are you really hungry today? I can't wait for you to weigh in tomorrow..
Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner:
lemon pepper chicken
Melba toast
sliced apple
ACV spinach

I had sliced half a cucumber and let it marinate in ACV and some Cajun seasonings for tonight but decided to leave that for tomorrow. Annoyingly enough however I found the lemon pepper I used lists sugar as an ingredient.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well at least you caught it now instead of 3 weeks from now!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Alright before things go too far I'm going to take measurements for future reference:

Thigh: 27" (handspan [tip pinky, tip thumb] above kneecap
Arm: 13"
Waist: 37"
Calf: 16"
Neck: 14.75"
Chest: 44.5"