Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
Sassy, awesome loss! You are doing great. Glad your spirits are lifted!
cookie34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sassy_red
Stats: 230/192.2/145 - 5'8"
WOE: HCG/Simeon's Protocol
Start Date: 23 July '10 (R1P2) ~ 7 Sep '10 (R2P2)
Thanks Kandi!

I got a bit hungry around 11am, so much so that I started getting a backache (pain from my stomach radiated to my back). Managed to tough it out (wasn't much I could have done, I have no snacks ) and after drinking 20oz of water dosed about 45 mins later. All I have left now is the backpain and the reminder that Bernice hasn't shown up in several days. I know she's there, she just won't "show up".

My mother comes down to visit briefly (mainly just stay at my house for the night) before heading down to southern California so I'm in a frenzy of cleaning. Or will be when I get done with work. Today I'll be shampooing the carpets - and yes, I do have to go through all this for a mama-visit. It's my mother.

Dinner will be (if all goes well):

1/2 grapefruit (preferably before the meal)
steamed asparagus
3 egg whites / 1 whole egg
Maybe a Melba (been kind of missing them but we'll see)

Several hours until then, and MUCHO to do between now and then. The carpet machine gets to my house at 3 so I'll need to rush about buying shampoo, vacuuming any last bits up, scrubbing the house as much as I can... Hopefully I'll remember to actually EAT tonight.

R1P2 * Pre-load: 218.2 lbs ~ LDW: 204.0 - 14.2lbs lost!!
R2P2 * Previous LDW: 204 ~ LDW: 192.2 - 11.8lbs lost!!

2010 Goal: 180 by Christmas!
sassy_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Today was a bit more difficult as I started getting hungry in the middle of the day. It wasn't anything I couldn't stand but it was persistant; my stomach was twisting enough that the radiating "pain" made my back hurt. I managed to make it until 4pm to eat; had my fruit maybe 15-20 minutes before the rest of dinner:

1/2 (a surprisingly excellent!) grapefruit
3 egg whites / 1 whole egg
8 stalks steamed asparagus
a few dashes of Franks Hot Sauce and seasonings

My hope is the hunger means I have a big loss coming but I'm simply going to keep my fingers crossed I simply lose.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
I have had that exact same pain! Weird.
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:45 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
I read something about hcg stimulating the ovaries and causing back/stomach pain. That doesn't sound like what you are experiencing but I'm throwing it out there.

Hope you feel better and have a big loss!
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:01 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

I've a new idea: I'm not weighing myself until next Monday. My scale this morning gave me *three* radically different weights and I've had enough of it. So these last few days will be scale free as I'm tired of basing everything off of it.

Breakfast this morning was egg salad (3 whites/1 whole) with the jalape˝o mustard over a bed of spinach, and my remaining 1/2 grapefruit about 20 mins before. Lunch will probably be another chicken concoction with asparagus as I've had eggs twice in as many days and need to use up my stores of cooked chicken. One day this week I'll have some P2 chili, I already have the beef I just need to portion it out into 100g patties.

Tomorrow my mother arrives to visit and we've decided on an Italian place here in town I was particularly impressed with. Hopefully she won't mind if I don't eat anything; I'll probably have something beforehand and just drink water. Between now and then however the cleaning continues - spring cleaning came a tad late to my house this year.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 AM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Maybe you need a new scale or new batteries? How frustrating !!!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I say new batteries!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

It went from 209.4to 208.6 to 210.2 in the space of as many (consecutive, same birthday suit) weighings and I've had it. Plus, I'm not feeling good at all - my body hurts especially my back (right around my kidneys I think?) which is throwing everything else off. If I could call in sick, omg, I wouldn't be here right now.

I wonder if I ate bad spinach or eggs this morning (eggs were boiled, spinach was raw, grapefruit other half from last night)?

Last edited by sassy_red; 08-11-2010 at 08:03 AM..
Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know why I felt like crap for a while there at work. Luckily it went away almost as quickly as it came on so it had to have been something I ate this morning. Note to self: cook the rest of this spinach batch before any consumption.

My afternoon has had me running around doing things I hadn't planned on (that were awesome!) and not the things I needed desperately to do. My car's engine is out of the machine shop and ready to be slapped together to put back into my car (a 73 Ford Maverick) but I'm stuck doing laundry while the Dude is painting and getting ready for assembly. (yes, I'm a car nut lol) Other than that I'm looking forward to seeing my mom tomorrow!! Lunch/Dinner at Italian then some mother/daughter time before an early bed (we're both getting up super early). Should be fun.

Last edited by sassy_red; 08-11-2010 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yeah, dinner tonight was an apple and some chicken. Really didn't feel like veggies in case that was my problem this morning.

I'm going to start taking my probiotics and multivitamin again tomorrow, I was doing it almost daily for the first two weeks but for whatever reason stopped this last one. Certainly can't hurt I guess and better safe than sorry.

Off to make myself some Smooth Move tea to get ol' Bernice out the door. I've been neglecting tea the last week too, that's back on the menu too from now on.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yeah, dinner tonight was an apple and some chicken. Really didn't feel like veggies in case that was my problem this morning.

I'm going to start taking my probiotics and multivitamin again tomorrow, I was doing it almost daily for the first two weeks but for whatever reason stopped this last one. Certainly can't hurt I guess and better safe than sorry.

Off to make myself some Smooth Move tea to get ol' Bernice out the door. I've been neglecting tea the last week too, that's back on the menu too from now on.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #163
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
So glad to see you are happy with your new plan and are losing! Here's a thought though-you are not eating much food so there really isn't a whole lot for Berniece to deliver daily anymore. Hope you feel better.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

glad you are feeling better. Did you ever get new batteries?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you're feeling better!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

No new batteries, I was trying to see if I can NOT weigh myself until Monday but alas, I broke that rule tonight. I'm going to hope for the best and stock tight to protocol, and not weigh in the mornings like I have been doing. I was much happier in the beginning and not so weight obsessive, and I want that happiness back.

I have this funny feeling, though, that that goal won't last me through the night.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GeneaX1
Stats: 5'7" 297/281.6/140 P2/D9 of VLCP
WOE: HCG+Fast5
Start Date: March 12 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_red View Post
So yesterday was my second IF (intermittant fast) day and just like before I have a loss: only 1 lb overnight this time, but considering my string of .2 lb days (some of which I had to, hm, trick the scale for) I'm perfectly happy with that. I may have myself a system, at least for my workdays: eat breakfast right before work (4am) then again twelve hours later around 4pm. That way I have a full 12-hour slot between my two daily meals and give my digestive system a rest.
I think you're really going to like what mixing the hcg protocol with intermittant fasting does. They work REALLY well together, and I think it improved my losses quite a bit. I do Fast5, which means I fast all day, then only eat between 5pm and 10pm. On protocol, that means that I have lunch at 5pm and dinner about 9-9:30pm. (While off, I do whatever - sometimes just one meal.) I'm astonished at how much better that works for me than the traditional advice of eating small meals throughout the day. Eating all day just encouraged binging for me, and it seemed like each meal was bigger than the last. By fasting til 5pm, I actually CAN'T each much, since it seems like my stomach shrinks during the day. I'm also not forced to fight late night snacking, as I am if I eat small meals all day or finish my hcg meals too early in the evening. I'm sure it's not for everybody, but I found that it works great for me. Hopefully fasting will work well for you in the long run too. Good luck!

Last edited by GeneaX1; 08-11-2010 at 09:41 PM..
GeneaX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneaX1 View Post
I think you're really going to like what mixing the hcg protocol with intermittant fasting does. They work REALLY well together, and I think it improved my losses quite a bit. I do Fast5, which means I fast all day, then only eat between 5pm and 10pm. On protocol, that means that I have lunch at 5pm and dinner about 9-9:30pm. (While off, I do whatever - sometimes just one meal.) I'm astonished at how much better that works for me than the traditional advice of eating small meals throughout the day. Eating all day just encouraged binging for me, and it seemed like each meal was bigger than the last. By fasting til 5pm, I actually CAN'T each much, since it seems like my stomach shrinks during the day. I'm also not forced to fight late night snacking, as I am if I eat small meals all day or finish my hcg meals too early in the evening. I'm sure it's not for everybody, but I found that it works great for me. Hopefully fasting will work well for you in the long run too. Good luck!
Thanks for stopping by! I looked into the Fast5 program right before deciding to do this Protocol with the full intention of trying it out. The way my schedule works though 12 hours between meals works out really well; hopefully it'll continue work for me! This round is up on Sunday (+ the 2 days without dosing) but I've seen better losses on my IF days than I have since my first week.

So I didn't weigh myself this morning BUT, yesterday I did laundry and this time put my jeans in the dryer. I'm wearing them this morning and while they're a wee bit tight, they're NOwhere near how tight they used to be fresh out of the dryer!! Before I could barely button them; now they're only difficult to get past my (ample ) hips but button mostly-fine. Score!!!

Breakfast was:
chicken
spinach (cooked this time)
Frank's Red Hot (LOVE this stuff!!)
apple

Tonight I go out to Italian with my mother and believe me I'm going to be dosing like crazy right before!! STILL didn't get around to finishing my housecleaning (laundry is done but not folded ) so I'm hoping to get off work before she gets here and finish. Dude said he'd help but he's also focused on the Maverick's new engine which I'm as excited about and don't want him to put too much energy into anything but that.

Ah. Life is good. Hopefully there'll be a big scale loss come Monday (my last weigh-in morning) that I can stick with while in P3. My thought is to make Sunday an apple day, just to make sure I'm down as far as I can go (anyone ever rebound the other direction from an apple day?) when I enter P3. Can't wait for Wednesday though; already have a list of ingredients for my burgers and stuffed chicken that day!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:01 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 of me voluntarily not weighing myself so no updates there. Sunday is still my last dosing day and I'm seriously contemplating an apple day to finish it all off.

Yesterday went really well! I took my mom out to Mexican food (great little find, love those!) and had almost nothing. To make her feel comfortable I ordered some roasted green beans and had a very small bite of one but nothing else - not even a chip!! We got home afterwards and I made myself a (highly seasoned ) burger and my apple slices, foregoing any veggie. This morning was the same: apple slices and another burger patty with no veggie (I was going to steam some asparagus but am just too tired this morning so chose the easy way). Tonight I plan on making myself either some P2 chili (bought the tomatoes last night) or chicken; the chili would mean beef in both meals for the day but I've misses it and I've been looking forward to more chili. Maybe I'll make it tomorrow and have itfor breakfast in the morning - we'll see.

Anyway work is about to start, I still need to dose and am incredibly sleepy. Hopefully that'll pass; my mother brought her two dogs who woke me up a couple times during the night barking at phantom sounds. Meh, after work tomorrow I have 2 weeks of vacation - I can deal!

Hope everyone else's days went well yesterday!!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good job staying strong! I refuse to go out to eat until the end of P2. I can't wait until Wednesday. Tell me how you are going to do your rounds. I am thinking of doing 3 weeks of P3 then load and another short round of P2.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Remember how hard loading was and how much you couldn't wait until P2? I can't wait for loading again!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:50 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie34 View Post
Remember how hard loading was and how much you couldn't wait until P2? I can't wait for loading again!
LOL me too!! I think this time I'll plan out my loading days beforehand so I don't try to eat everything in sight and miss out on the things I really wanted. But oooh, pizza and Coldstones here I come!!

I'm up early today (midnight) due to a nap gone wrong but since I had time I made some P2 chili for breakfast "tomorrow" (which in theory is only 3 hours away). Added a dash of vinegar, don't know if it'll do anything; also added a shake of dehydrated diced onions to the regular spices. Should be good but it remains to be seen how it fares as a breakfast food.

I've made the choice that Sunday will be an apple day as well as my last dose day, so by Wednesday I'll be on P3. Oooh man but I can't wait: Greek yogurt with Splenda and berries; a big ol' whopping burger with guacamole, bacon and mayo; tuna salad; giant mixed salads with full-fat dressing. And that's just for the first day!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

So apparently I lied: I didn't stay off the scales until VLCD21, just couldn't take the pressure.

The scale didn't bounce around as badly as it did before (maybe because I hauled it out of the bathroom and into the kitchen): first weighing was 206.6, then again at 206.4. I'm going to take the first one, not the lowest, as I'm perfectly happy with it. Two more days (today and tomorrow) of dosing, two days of not, then P3!!!

Btw, that chili I made at midnight was GOOOOOOOOOOD! Two small roma tomatoes and 3.6oz of 4% beef went a long way!! Didn't even need my apple, figured I could say one tomato was the fruit, the other the veggie.

Last day of work before a 2-week vacation and I can't WAIT. My aunt should be coming sometime next week, I'll probably take her out to get a giant steak and be perfectly within my rights (I P3).
Old 08-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Things are loooking good for you! Losing weight, vacation coming up! Life is good!

The p3 countdown is on...
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh. I'm reading the LCF food pr0n threads and Holy Crap I want P3 to be here NOW!!!!

Hungry today, and worried what Monday and Tuesday will be like sans the hhcg. I sincerely hope I don't get ravenous those two days: I think I'll graze instead of hard/fast meals.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

I can't wait for P3 either...at the top of my list: salmon, Chipotle burrito bowl (no rice or beans), veggies with butter, cream in coffee, roast chicken with skin.....I could go on and on!!! I would normally choose a big ribeye but I am reserving that for any steak day(s) I may need to do, lol.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are getting really close to Onderland!! I try to stay away from any thread pertaining to food. Or if someone starts to mention it, I scroll past REALLY fast!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

I've been, almost all day now, been giving serious consideration to making today be my last VLCD. I'm so tired of having limited options and have been strangely hungry all day. Reading food pr0n threads and watching my Dude eat an In-N-Out burger in front of me didn't help. *mumblegrumble* I also ate super early (like at 1pm) and have been starving since a couple hours ago. Now I'm in a strange house with pizza in the fridge and ice cream in the freezer, all of which I'm welcome to, and wondering at the futility of this endeavor.

Which is ludicrous, I know, but I want FOOD!! I HUNGER!!!!! Grargh!!!!

..... I should just go to sleep but Dude surprised me with an ereader today and I really want to play. So, late night it is. *sigh*
Old 08-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Sarah, you are almost done! Surely you can push through for three more days! Look how far you've come and what you've accomplished! At this point, it is such a mental game and I know you can win it!!!! It's only three more days and then you will feel so proud of yourself!!!! If you cave now, you may wonder what might have been and remember Dr. S says those who don't do the full amount of VLCD will regain easier.

I know it's hard, I watched my husband eat an entire pepperoni pizza in front of me last night. It sucks when you are faced with temptations. I have found it helpful to write down whatever it is I'm craving. Depending on the food, it either goes on my P3, P4, or next load list. It mentally does me a lot of good to know that I can have whatever it is at the right time on the protocol
Old 08-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree it is sooooo hard! I never ever seem to finish anything that I start. I intend to make this P2 the first thing I do right. Just a couple more days. I think it is really teaching me a valuable lesson in self control. Hopefully I can keep that self control when I go back to LC.