Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sassy_red
Stats: 230/192.2/145 - 5'8"
WOE: HCG/Simeon's Protocol
Start Date: 23 July '10 (R1P2) ~ 7 Sep '10 (R2P2)
I hadn't even thought about the magnesium, that's a great idea!! Bernice showed up today though so I'm hoping it'll go well from now on. Still, the magnesium is a great suggestion, thanks!!

I've been thinking about it and I'm not doing this diet as clean as I can. It isn't that I'm cheating, but I know that the ground beef I've been using has fat in it, more so than chicken or fish, so I'm going to cut it out for my next baking round. I already need to go shopping again (meats and apples especially) - I should probably do it today but I promised the Dude we could do something together today and I have enough for one more day. But for now, no more ground beef - this diet *really* takes low-fat seriously, more so than I've really considered since my pre-Atkins days. So hey, why not try and do it as clean as possible right?

Tonight I'm going to make my chili for the last time, then work on keeping myself limited to chicken and fish. Perhaps I can use ground chicken instead as I'm going to miss burgers.

R1P2 * Pre-load: 218.2 lbs ~ LDW: 204.0 - 14.2lbs lost!!
R2P2 * Previous LDW: 204 ~ LDW: 192.2 - 11.8lbs lost!!

2010 Goal: 180 by Christmas!
sassy_red is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
Sassy.. I eat the chili everyday! I make it w/ chopped up lean steak.. I think it is eye of round
cookie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

I just want to try using the leanest meats I can - I have no doubts that beef will be back on the menu soon, I just want to experiment a bit. To that end I cooked both chicken and two of the three (didn't see that last one *sigh*) fish. Tomorrow's lunch is going to be the remaining asparagus steamed alongside the fish. Dinner will likely be chicken and cucumbers, although cucumber-what is still up for grabs.

Dinner tonight was indeed the chili but I used three small tomatoes to make it, or about 12-13oz of the veggie/fruit. Seasoned it up the wazoo too - had my mouth nearly bursting into flame but it was goooooooood!! I'll miss it: hopefully ground chicken will work well enough with it.

I fear I'm going to go into beef withdrawals! Seriously it's been my meat of choice for so long now... which is partly the reason I want to use it to shake my body up. We shall see!!

Last edited by sassy_red; 08-03-2010 at 09:21 PM..
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
You are so brave to temporarily eliminate beef! I am like you, I love beef! You are doing great!
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

So for whatever reason I decided not to weigh myself this morning. I just didn't want to know. Maybe I'm afraid of what my 3-tomato chili did, or what Hurricane Bernice did - or maybe I really don't care. Either way, no scale this A.M.

Today has to be grocery day, for everything. Apples, chicken, fish, maybe strawberries, I'm even getting low on Melba. I'm also thinking about more shrimp but this time I'll want it cooked. Preparing it before was a pain in the patoot as I was ravenous.

I've also been toting with the idea of cutting out the Melba, just to experiment. I've been faithfully consuming it but it's nothing I can't live without. Still debating about that, probably will until I go grocery shopping tonight.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
You are so brave to temporarily eliminate beef! I am like you, I love beef! You are doing great!
LOL! Being a big beef fan I doubt it'll be too long but I've been having primarily beef and eggs for a while now (Atkins pre-HCG) and just feel the need to simplify things a tad. Beef fills me up, here's to hoping fish, chicken and eggs do the same! *crosses fingers*
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sassy, I weighed in at the same weight as yesterday. I hope this isn't a trend. I am going to cut out my splenda. I have been having it in coffee and on grapefruit. I will just have to stick to apples, oranges and strawberries. I also need to go buy some more cukes.

Can you tell me what you season your fish with? I think I might add some in and see if I like it.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have eaten more chicken in the past 10 days than I have all year! I live in beef country so I guess that just makes sense
Old 08-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Well since I lived briefly in mississippi I've become addicted to Tony Sachere's Cajun Spices (in a green cylindrical container). I use it in everything, even my chili last night (since the Dude had no chili powder at his place).

Generally for my fish I use lemon pepper but the spice I have lists sugar as an ingredient which I'm annoyed about. When I want it really light however I use Molly McButter - grew up with my mom using that on everything instead of the real thing and for the purposes of this LF diet it's perfect! The thing about most white fish is that it has VERY little flavor so you have to spice it up or it's too bland.

Last edited by sassy_red; 08-04-2010 at 08:14 AM..
Old 08-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have eaten more chicken in the past 10 days than I have all year! I live in beef country so I guess that just makes sense
Lol I work in the beef industry myself, inside a cooler. I have to be real careful not to touch anything because of this diet!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh I'm stuffed!! Ate my fish and asparagus 15 minutes after taking my drops then foolishly drank my 20oz green tea (with 2 Splenda, it steeped extra long today). I threw my Melba away too and am going to try the next few days without them. Yes folks, I'm tweaking (the diet, I mean the diet ).

I'm in this to lose the weight, so my goal is to cut out anything I don't need. The protein is non-negotiable; the veggies good but not always necessary; the fruit only as a snack and occasional dessert. I have nothing against the bread but for now I'm cutting it out to see if the scale will go down any quicker - I have no idea what if anything gluten does to me, this is an easy way to tell. I want to reach (surpass!) my goals so here's to hoping I don't sabotage myself!!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_red View Post
Ugh I'm stuffed!! Ate my fish and asparagus 15 minutes after taking my drops then foolishly drank my 20oz green tea (with 2 Splenda, it steeped extra long today). I threw my Melba away too and am going to try the next few days without them. Yes folks, I'm tweaking (the diet, I mean the diet ).

I'm in this to lose the weight, so my goal is to cut out anything I don't need. The protein is non-negotiable; the veggies good but not always necessary; the fruit only as a snack and occasional dessert. I have nothing against the bread but for now I'm cutting it out to see if the scale will go down any quicker - I have no idea what if anything gluten does to me, this is an easy way to tell. I want to reach (surpass!) my goals so here's to hoping I don't sabotage myself!!
I go back and forth-Can hardly eat for a day or two and then hungry again.Today was a hungry day,which for me means I'm just eating more Protocol.The last 2 days I wasn't hungry so I just went with it.
You are doing well
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
I go back and forth-Can hardly eat for a day or two and then hungry again.Today was a hungry day,which for me means I'm just eating more Protocol.The last 2 days I wasn't hungry so I just went with it.
You are doing well
Thanks! I've been eating everything lately even if I don't need it. My brain's stuck on that "need to keep your metabolism revved!" schtick and I snack even when not hungry. Like today, I've only eaten 2 apple slices instead of the whole bag and my brain is telling me I need to eat the rest or they'll go to waste. Nuh-uh! I'll just have them tonight instead of my dinner apple, thereby not "wasting" that fruit!

And so on and so forth.

It's hard to go from thinking Atkins/BFL/etc mindset back to LC/LF. Feels as though I'm taking several steps backwards!!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Thanks! I've been eating everything lately even if I don't need it. My brain's stuck on that "need to keep your metabolism revved!" schtick and I snack even when not hungry. Like today, I've only eaten 2 apple slices instead of the whole bag and my brain is telling me I need to eat the rest or they'll go to waste. Nuh-uh! I'll just have them tonight instead of my dinner apple, thereby not "wasting" that fruit!

And so on and so forth.

It's hard to go from thinking Atkins/BFL/etc mindset back to LC/LF. Feels as though I'm taking several steps backwards!!
I know how you feel but look at the RESULTS!!! We are moving backwards 200,190,180,170,160,
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
I know how you feel but look at the RESULTS!!! We are moving backwards 200,190,180,170,160,
Too true, I've lost 6lbs in a week! Better than I'd done since my last Induction!! But my brain keeps trying to tell me I need to add a little fat here, a little less sugar here, if I want to keep losing. I finally got myself out of the LF/LC mindset and now I have to put myself right back in.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner tonight was a bit of a surprise: shrimp and asparagus with a jalapeño mustard, and a handful of strawberries. Lunch is going to be the same thing - I really liked it. Not all together of course, but I like it. My only concern is that I packaged all the shrimp together in 3.5oz baggies, but it was already cooked shrimp not raw. I may be shooting myself in the foot here by weighing cooked...

I got on the scale for kicks and giggles and was more than a little disappointed at what I saw. Yes it's the end of the day and I know some of it will disappear overnight, but there's a lot to lose in the next 8 hrs until scale time. Feeling a tad bit disappinted here...and realizing just now that I handled every bit of meat I weighed, cooked and portioned tonight.

Aw CRAP.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Sarah~It is hard transitioning your thinking, isn't it? I miss my coffee with heavy cream and all kinds of stuff. Try not to worry about the # on the scale! The scale will move eventually!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

So for kicks and giggles I slapped everything up on ****** and even being somewhat generous on portion sizes I was still under 500 calories:

460 calories
5.3g Fat
45 Carbs - 13 fiber
10% fat - 53% protein - 37% carb

The spices I used (2 Splenda, Cajun seasonings and I think that mustard has 5 calories per serving) probably contributed to additional sodium and other things that keep this from being clean, but also make it bearable. I swear if I couldn't liven up my food ( and I don't use that much!) there's no way I could eat this protocol.

If I stall then I'm going to remove Splenda and try that but for now the absense of the Melba toast to my daily menu is enough. I'm just glad I didn't go over my calorie limit, and am probably just being a worrywort. Still, it's the scale that'll tell me more tomorrow and I'm still hoping for 210 by Friday.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Quote:

And so on and so forth.

I totally agree w/ this!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

I actually weighed myself this morning (I know, scandalous): 211.8 for a loss of .2 over 2 days. I guess a loss is a loss right? Considering I thought I'd lose nothing it's a good thing (I weighed 215.6 at bedtime; lots of bathroom breaks though).

Today's lunch menu:
apple slices
20oz green tea
asparagus
shrimp left marinating in the jalapeño mustard

Dinner will either be chicken or eggs with spinach - I have enough of all of them thanks to grocery day.

I was really hoping I'd be a rockstar loser, able to lose 40lbs my first week. But I am proud of the 6.4lbs I've lost in the last 10 days; I wouldn't have done that the way I was eating before this (LC), or at least not this fast. Still, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd hoped for double digit losses by now.

10 down, 13 to go. The journey so far has been surprisingly easy - I can totally do this!!

Last edited by sassy_red; 08-05-2010 at 05:53 AM..
Old 08-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Sassy.. you got the right attitude, girlie! I was shocked yesterday not to see a loss. Kinda seems impossible to eat this little and not lose.. even w/ out HCG.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Kandi, yeah 500 calories seems like you'd lose no matter what. Still you're doing great, way to rockstar the protocol!!

Hmm... I may be spotting. This would be a really weird time to get a period seeing as mine just got done 10 days ago.

Today I'm having cravings again. Come to think of it, hunger pangs too; lunch can't get here fast enough (45 minutes). Had to force myself to save a few slices of apples for later on when I'm hungry after lunch.

My first mini-goal was 210 by tomorrow and I'm 1.8lbs from there; my second is 205 by next Friday (6.8lbs). Crossing my fingers I get a leap in numbers these next few days!!

Last edited by sassy_red; 08-05-2010 at 07:54 AM..
Old 08-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

I ate my dinner way, way early today: chicken breast and strawberries. I'm keeping my veggies (likely cucumbers) for later in case I have more hunger. I'm not sure why I ate so early but I did so
Old 08-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Don't worry Sarah, I'm sure you are losing inches like mad! Did you measure before starting?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Don't worry Sarah, I'm sure you are losing inches like mad! Did you measure before starting?
Yes on VLCD1. I've been trying on clothes this evening and while I don't have much smaller clothes I have noticed my shirts are a bit looser. Mostly I have smaller pants and I haven't seen much of a change; I think my pants may be a tad looser but I can't see a truly noticeable difference there yet. I always lose from the top down though so it's no surprise my hips would be the last to go.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

I have only noticed a very slight difference in my clothes so far. And nobody has commented on me losing weight yet so I guess what they say is true, you need to lose 10% before it's noticeable to others.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:04 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

If that's true Potaty then I've got about 10 more pounds until I start to "show". Kinda wish the change would happen overnight.

Today I weighed in at 211.6 for a drop of .2lbs. I was |this| close to calling today an apple day - even had the apples on the chopping block this morning. Instead I decided to give it one more day so lunch is:

apple slices
20oz green tea
mustard shrimp
spinach (bunch of it)

I'm more than a little disappointed I've seen few losses these last few days, I thought for sure today was the day. Tomorrow will be an apple day if I don't see the scale move more than .4 by morning; hopefully that'll jump-start things some.

Yesterday I was invited to BBQ with The Dude's family, wherein there will be potato salad, macaroni salad, all manner of extras and 2" thick steaks. Seriously. I dreamed last night that I cheated, I'm that worried about it. I plan on being good but it may be difficult.

Anyway, another day at work tomorrow then my "weekend" Sunday. Man I wish I had more free time...
Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have lost 32 pounds so far and no one has noticed. I can definitly tell in the way my clothes fit though. Maybe if... no WHEN I lose another 32 someone will say something!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Ya know, when I lost weight for my wedding I had lost from 210 down to 175ish until some friends of mine hesitantly said something. Then they apologized and said they were unsure of if they should mention it or not at risk of embarrassing me Skinny people are funny.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

I've been thinking about something I proposed a while back (before starting this round) about fasting between my two main meals for a day to break a stall. IE, have my first meal as breakfast, then just drink water/tea throughout the day (maybe apple slices?) until dinner. The more I think about it, the more I'm wanting to do that instead of an apple day tomorrow - why not save that for when I need to have an excuse not to eat at a BBQ? So the plan for tomorrow morning is to eat my lunch for breakfast, drink lots of water and snack through the day on the apple slices, and dinner later that evening. If *that* doesn't work then Sunday will be my apple day, but here's to the hope that shaking up the protocol a wee bit will help things move right along.

Last edited by sassy_red; 08-06-2010 at 09:00 AM..