Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sassy_red
Stats: 230/192.2/145 - 5'8"
WOE: HCG/Simeon's Protocol
Start Date: 23 July '10 (R1P2) ~ 7 Sep '10 (R2P2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie34 View Post
I agree... freeze them! If you put them on a cookie sheet and make sure they are not touching and freeze them, you can put them in a baggie and not have a big clump. That way it is easy for you to just pick out 5 strawberries (or however many you use).
LOL!!! Wish I'd thought of that yesterday!! If the deal is still on I'll go get another 3lbs of strawberries (and large ziploc bags) and do just that. I feel silly now but all I could think about was I'd end up having to chuck 2 of the 3 containers because they'd grow moldy.
sassy_red is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Hm, two things of note:

1) My right knee hurts today. I don't remember DOING anything to it so I'm assuming it's like last time when my shoulder was hurting (coincidentally right around this time of the plan). I'm hoping it's just the weakness described in the Protocol, when muscles lose the surrounding fat and flounder for a little while trying to regain their rigidity.

2) I opened a new bottle of the same multivitamin pills (the ones that made my stomach hurt when taken in the mornings) yesterday, took one this morning with breakfast, and have no stomach pains. I'm REALLY hoping it was only that last bottle that made my tummy upset (I'd never had any problems before with that brand).

I've been considering options for breaking my apparent (and hopefully temporary, tomorrow is another day) stall, and eating cleanly for the next couple days is high up there. If by tomorrow however I haven't lost anything then I'm going to look into an apple day - I know it's psychological and not really necessary, and I *really* don't feel as if I'm retaining water, but I don't mind them much and hopefully it can jumpstart my downward spiral. I've also been considering a 2-3 day interruption after 21 days (next Monday) - not dosing for 48 hours, eating a high fat/low carb diet (basic P3) for 2-3 days, then cycling back into my R2P2 immediately after. Maybe it'll shock my body into further losses. All that depends, however, on how I do this "last" week.

Day before yesterday I drank my gallon of water by 3pm, and thought I'd be up all night visiting the restroom: nope, actually didn't even need to go from 7pm until I woke up eight hours later. So I'm pretty sure I can drink water later than I've been doing, which will be a welcome relief of spacing my H2O intake out a bit farther.

I'm just considering my options at this point (there's a surprising amount of them). I could just say screw 185, I'll be happy with 195 and try for 15lbs NEXT round, or I could try for a 80-day round and lose it all at once (SO not wanting to go there, my boyfriend would kill me if he couldn't take me out that long!! ). Looks like my second round is cursed (weightloss-wise, everything else is quite peachy!) much the same as many others' has been.

Third week now. Only time will tell.

R1P2 * Pre-load: 218.2 lbs ~ LDW: 204.0 - 14.2lbs lost!!
R2P2 * Previous LDW: 204 ~ LDW: 192.2 - 11.8lbs lost!!

2010 Goal: 180 by Christmas!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
You sound like me. I have had the calendar out so many times just thinking 'what if'. I think the interruption sounds fascinating. Most loss is in that first week. I wish we could harnass that!
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner tonight was chicken with grilled tomato slices and strawberries. I'm seriously regretting not getting more of those strawberries yesterday but what's done is done. I finally have a decent stash of chicken cooked up and ready for consumption, should last me at least a week by itself!

This evening I made a big steak meal for the Dude: NY strip steak, real devilled eggs (not the simple recipe I do for myself) and sliced tomatoes with salt. He was pretty impressed and so was I: not one bit of that stuff passed my lips!! I even had to season the egg yolks flavor-untasted but it seemed to have turned out well. I even kept all skin contact with the offending fats to an absolute minimum, handling everything (including the chicken I cooked up for the next week) with utensils.

I'm really, really hoping for a loss tomorrow. If I don't get one, well.... I'd rather not do an apple day, really, but I'm in this to lose the pounds, not sit on my duff and hope it works. So if there's no change (or, heaven forbid, a gain!) by tomorrow then I'll buy those 6 apples and do my Apple Day on Thursday. I know I've said I didn't mind my one apple day, doesn't mean it was my fave of the protocol.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
i hope u get your loss tomorrow
cookie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:00 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

197.6 baby, down .6 finally!!

Breakfast was chicken, sliced tomatoes and Cajun seasoning, and 5 strawberries. Off to work now, but a loss!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

This morning I wore a thermal top underneath my shirt because the ride in was COLD!!! I've also been freezing lately; whether that's an effect of so few calories or the weightloss I'm not sure, but I do know I've been limiting my calories to well below 500 lately. I'm glad I got the chicken all set and ready yesterday - it's pure protein, which I feel as though I've been depriving myself of. I looked it up in ****** and LF cottage cheese has only 15g protein per 4oz serving, whereas chicken (cooked down to 2.9oz) has 24. I'd hate to have my body start cannibalizing itself due to protein deficiencies, so the CC is going to be much more occasional (which sucks because I just bought two good size cartons of it ).

Looks like I won't be doing my apple day tomorrow. Can't say I'm disappointed - sure it can jumpstart weightloss, but I'd much rather use it as a last resort. I may be modifying my weight goal to 190 for R2, as I think 185 (especially given my disasterous R1P3) was a bit ambitious. We'll see where I get by the end of this weekend, but I'm prepared to do a long round so if I can see myself losing to 185 in 40 days, w00t I'm goin' for it!!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sassy, I am glad you finally lost!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Great loss today! I'm way colder on hhcg too. Bundle up!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:07 AM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Congrats on the loss! Maybe that's why Dr. S said CC should only be used occasionally, because of the lesser grams of protein?

I was freezing my entire first round, I think it has to do with the losses but that's just my opinion. I've read others have had the same thing happen.

Have you thought about doing an interruption? More power to you if you can do 40 days without stopping but there is no way I could! I may do an interruption this next round, take a few days of a break and then back to P2 for more losses before the holidays.
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potaty View Post
Congrats on the loss! Maybe that's why Dr. S said CC should only be used occasionally, because of the lesser grams of protein?
Actually I don't think cottage cheese is even in the original protocol. Others have used it with success though so I wanted to try it out.

Quote:
Have you thought about doing an interruption? More power to you if you can do 40 days without stopping but there is no way I could! I may do an interruption this next round, take a few days of a break and then back to P2 for more losses before the holidays.
Yeah I've already been looking into that but I'm wanting to get at least four weeks in to see if Week 4 will be kind to me. Last time I started to lose again right at the end of Week 3 so crossing my fingers!

Man, today I'm HUNGRY! It's not usually this intense; my stomach is rumbling like mad and I can't stop drooling over any mention of foodstuffs. First time really it's been like this; I'm going to drink my 20oz of water and hope for the best, then dose when I get done with work. For lunch I'm seriously considering using the last of the onion and making more P2 chili, but we'll see. Right now, all I can think of is FOOD! WANT!!!

Yeah, I'm going to go drink water now. *toodles off*
Old 09-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch (dinner) was a 3.4oz filet mignon steak with tomato slices and strawberries. Good stuff but I may have gone overboard with the strawberries a tad.

The grocery store was having a special on raspberries (buy 1 get *2* free) so I stocked up and am currently freezing them. I also bought two 2-pound cartons of strawberries - one I de-stemmed and am freezing (like Kandi suggested) and the other is in the fridge for this week. I was eating a few as I cut out the green bits, hence my "overdoing" it. The raspberries I also put some Splenda over and snuck a couple, I'm seriously hoping that doesn't screw me up.

The Dude announced today that with his next checks we're getting Costco cards and loading up on groceries. Bulk meats, bulk cheeses, bulk fruits and veggies - my freezer and fridge are going to be positively loaded down. I can't wait!!!

Have so far drunk less than 100oz today but hope to fix that (up to at least a gallon's worth) before bed. Since I had a loss today I refuse to angst over the scale - with my R2 track record, I'm probably going to have a gain in the morning.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sass, You are doing great. Hope you are rewarded with a loss in the morning.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:17 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Confession #1: last night, while mixing the remaining Fage 2% yogurt with raspberries for the Dude to have, I licked the spoon. Twice.
Confession #2: this morning I had one frozen raspberry.

Weight this morning: 197.6 so no change there. No surprise, but at least I didn't go up - typical gain after a loss though, I'll be worried if it happens again the next couple days.

Breakfast was spinach and chicken sauté with Franks Red Hot, and an apple. Yay, I finally got green veggies in!!

I'm really starting to miss my omelets but I've got steak marinating, plus yesterday I bought myself some crab meat that I want to experiment with (any ideas on how to cook it?) so I'm torn. Fortunately I have all day to think about it.

Tomorrow is my hair appointment so I'm expecting no losses for Saturday's weigh-in (chemicals then probably oily hair products to repair afterwards). Looking forward to it!!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

In other news I looked inside my 2lb strawberry container this morning and saw a fuzzy strawberry. I'm hoping the fizziness doesn't spread much by tonight when I can get home, wash everything and freeze these too. Dangit.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Bee in my bonnet: the scale

Wow, depressed city this morning!! Feeling let down by this diet, why continue, maybe I should just take this weight as my LDW and move on, etc.

Yup! Scale's going straight in the closet the rest of this week!! I can do without seeing my losses (or rather, lack thereof) for a few days. I plan on eating a clean protocol through the weekend: my veggies will be green, my proteins protein (as in straight-off-the-animal variety), and my fruits will be apples only. I'm tired of being all moody and mopey when they only thing disappointing about this round for me is the scale. So that's going to the wayside - I don't need to know every single day what I weigh. Totally unnecessary IMO.

Last edited by sassy_red; 09-23-2010 at 07:55 AM..
Old 09-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sassy, I feel for you I know how disappointing it can be. You are a stronger woman than I.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

So much for hiding the scale, that lasted for all of an hour yesterday afternoon.

No change in the numbers so tomorrow will be an apple day; any losses be hanged, I need the "psychological" boost Dr. S talked about.

On a happier note, I tried on two pairs of pants I bought during R1P3 as R2 goal pants. The jeans had buttoned before (just a few days ago) but seemed to close a *bit* easier today. The dress pants, which I'd never gotten to quite close, finally did so. :-) So hopefully this means, even if the scale isn't going down, that I'm still losing inches.

My size 15 Misses jeans from Target however (ultimate goal pants) still have a LOOOONG way to go.

Breakfast was a piece of chicken and an apple. I'm wondering if I ate too much sodium yesterday so no spices or Splendas today. My hair appointment is this afternoon and while I'm looking forward to it, that'll probably mean another day of no losses depending on what they put in my hair/on my head.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:34 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

I made a spur of the moment decision this morning: the possibility of getting my hair done today, and adversely reacting to the hhcg, worried me enough that I decided not to dose this morning, and won't for the rest of the day. Whether this is just for one day (rx users do it during long rounds anyway) or the beginning of an interruption remains to be seen. Last night I coordinated with the Dude, his brother and SIL to go out on Saturday night - I highly doubt I'll drink but it'd be nice to eat like a normal person. His SIL has said she wants to get to know me better so I'm thinking also of going to dinner with her and Dude's mother on Sunday.

Hmm, the more I write, the more I seem to convince myself that an interruption would work. Either way, I'm tired of my slower-than-molasses R2 losses: I'll lose a few ounces, then hold steady 3 days and just before an apple day I lose another few ounces, only to hold steady AGAIN for 3 days. Whether it's because my R1P3 was jacked by the vacation or I used all my loss points this round taking off that load weight I don't know, but after two-and-a-half-weeks and only a 6.4 loss.... R2 was not kind to me.

So yeah. Surprise!! I'm interrupting this round!! I'll maintain, then possibly start up again the middle of next week. My bottle of Fusion is also running low, which I find odd for a 2oz bottle after only 17 days.

Can a body grow immune to the hhcg?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

I had lunch today - my mood has been sour all morning so I grabbed a turkey sandwich from the breakroom, ditched the bread and ate the turkey, roast beef sliver and lettuce leaf. Definitely feeling much better now, I think my blood sugar was low (causing irritability).

As much as I want to stay on P2 and lose, I'm looking forward to this break. I'm in Onederland, a HUGE milestone for me, and excited by the future. I'd like to try the rx HCG but it seems like such a hassle to get. Fodder for later discussions, perhaps.

I sometimes wonder if my botched P3 adversely affected me in any way. I imagine, if anything, it would make stabilizing in R2P3 more difficult, and I'll be honest in saying gaining back over 200 is my main fear. Hopefully I can lose a few more pounds when I transition back next week - this is only an interruption after all - but I don't plan on overdoing it eating (not like last P2-P3 changeover where I consumed 3500 calories my first day).

There's a relief too in not having your focus be on weightloss. Maintenance is doable, especially with the help of this board. The people here all rock my socks; who knows if I'd've had the strength otherwise.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

I had lunch today - my mood has been sour all morning so I grabbed a turkey sandwich from the breakroom, ditched the bread and ate the turkey, roast beef sliver and lettuce leaf. Definitely feeling much better now, I think my blood sugar was low (causing irritability).

As much as I want to stay on P2 and lose, I'm looking forward to this break. I'm in Onederland, a HUGE milestone for me, and excited by the future. I'd like to try the rx HCG but it seems like such a hassle to get. Fodder for later discussions, perhaps.

I sometimes wonder if my botched P3 adversely affected me in any way. I imagine, if anything, it would make stabilizing in R2P3 more difficult, and I'll be honest in saying gaining back over 200 is my main fear. Hopefully I can lose a few more pounds when I transition back next week - this is only an interruption after all - but I don't plan on overdoing it eating (not like last P2-P3 changeover where I consumed 3500 calories my first day).

There's a relief too in not having your focus be on weightloss. Maintenance is doable, especially with the help of this board. The people here all rock my socks; who knows if I'd've had the strength otherwise.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Sass, I am feeling for you, big time. My nephew had a really bad week or so on this (second) round too. He came off (just stopped taking it) hhcg and is going to restart Monday. We have totally racked our brains to think what could have caused it and for the most part we are clueless. One thing I am leaning towards is that he didn't do a 21 day p3. That's the ONLY thing I can come up with. And I think you have that in common with him but... really? P3 is that big of a deal? Maybe it is, I don't know.

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Old 09-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just think our bodies sometimes don't want to lose. We see it all the time in low carb plans. We don't develop an immunity to HHCG. Can't wait to see your hair!
Old 09-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

GL it seems a common theme to lose less or have a crappier round the second go - I've heard that week 4 losses are better but I just couldn't wait. I was in a total sourpuss mood and needed a break from the stress of the scales.

Kandi, I'm sure hoping it isn't immunity! I'm taking this opportunity to order myself another bottle of Fusion because I highly doubt my current bottle will make it 40 days and I'd rather not ration.

Up a pound this morning but I think that's my fault: yesterday when I should have been VLCDing, I splurged on deli meats, full-fat yogurts full of fat and Splenda. My water intake was also real low yesterday, under 40 oz I'd bet. This morning hasn't been much better, LF cottage cheese then the rest of the FF yogurt for lunch. I'm not sure how tonight will work, we're supposed to go out but I've no idea what that's going to entail.

And I do indeed have pictures (just after, for now) uploaded on my work computer and ready to go. Next break I'll post them.

Last edited by sassy_red; 09-25-2010 at 06:22 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 06:25 AM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

Can't wait to see the hair, Sass. It sounds just beautiful!

Are you still dosing right now? I tried to get my nephew to do the 'experiment' that Deb294evr is doing but he wouldn't go for it.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:44 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

The new 'do!

I have some before pictures (from the rear, not the front) but they're on my camera whereas this was taken from my phone.

and from the back:

The hair stylist asked if I liked it and I couldn't answer: I was too busy staring dumbfounded. TOTALLY different than what I'm used to!!!

Last edited by sassy_red; 09-25-2010 at 06:46 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 06:56 AM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

pretty!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so cute! I bet your man loved it!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Oh he sure did!! I asked if he like it more before or after and he said after: now he can run his hands through it. Curly hair is only nice in theory, and pictures, but living with it can suck! Hopefully I won't regret this too much.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

My hair has turned curly since having my daughter and I am so lost on how ot style it! My hair has always been stick straight!