Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylar_Connar View Post
I will get me a scale.
So when will I weigh again? Still in the am or do I need to wait until lunch tomorrow or whenever I start the apple thing/

Tea..no.. Where do I find it? Do I have to look for something imparticular?
If you haven't eaten anything yet today you can do an apple day. Just weigh at your regular time tomorrow.
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
I will get me a scale.
So when will I weigh again? Still in the am or do I need to wait until lunch tomorrow or whenever I start the apple thing/

Tea..no.. Where do I find it? Do I have to look for something imparticular?
You should always weigh in the morning after you get up AND after using the bathroom and before you dress or make sure you wear the same thing every time you weigh.

You can pick any tea that sounds good to you from the grocery store. I usually go to the organic section and try different flavors. When I make myself a cup of hot tea, it helps me not want to GRAZE !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #93

Gallery: Tylar_Connar
Stats: -8lbs VLCD 18
WOE: HCG
Start Date: May
I ate a peice of chicken about 9. I may just go ahead and do a apple day. What do ya think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
If you haven't eaten anything yet today you can do an apple day. Just weigh at your regular time tomorrow.
Tylar_Connar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #94

I usually weigh when I get up and after I use the bathrrom. But I didnt know about the apple day. I guess I will weigh in the morning.

So any tea is good. Do I need to make sure it doesnt have sugar or anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinastina View Post
You should always weigh in the morning after you get up AND after using the bathroom and before you dress or make sure you wear the same thing every time you weigh.

You can pick any tea that sounds good to you from the grocery store. I usually go to the organic section and try different flavors. When I make myself a cup of hot tea, it helps me not want to GRAZE !
Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #95

Quote:
I ate a peice of chicken about 9. I may just go ahead and do a apple day. What do ya think.

I don't know if you would get optimal results because you've already eaten. Maybe try one tomorrow?
Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #96

ok, tomorrow will be good!
Quote:
I don't know if you would get optimal results because you've already eaten. Maybe try one tomorrow?
Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I usually weigh when I get up and after I use the bathrrom. But I didnt know about the apple day. I guess I will weigh in the morning.

So any tea is good. Do I need to make sure it doesnt have sugar or anything?
You know, I always assumed tea bags didn't come with sugar but it is an even better idea to check the box to make sure. Now, I need to go look at mine. Thanks, Tonia !

Yes, we don't want any additional sugar on this protocol so check the box. Green Tea is supposed to help with metabolism but I stick to the natural green tea and not the "diet" ones. I have Chocolate Yerba Mate, Green Tea with Lemon, Yerba Mate Ginger Peach, Organic Apple and Smooth Move Chocolate (for when Bernice takes too long).
Old 04-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #98

I wouldnt know. Just wanting to make sure.
We can drink lots of tea??
Bernice...who is Bernice....she has not been visiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinastina View Post
You know, I always assumed tea bags didn't come with sugar but it is an even better idea to check the box to make sure. Now, I need to go look at mine. Thanks, Tonia !

Yes, we don't want any additional sugar on this protocol so check the box. Green Tea is supposed to help with metabolism but I stick to the natural green tea and not the "diet" ones. I have Chocolate Yerba Mate, Green Tea with Lemon, Yerba Mate Ginger Peach, Organic Apple and Smooth Move Chocolate (for when Bernice takes too long).
Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I wouldnt know. Just wanting to make sure.
We can drink lots of tea??
Bernice...who is Bernice....she has not been visiting.
It's good to read labels, though. My ginger peach tea has 6g of carbs ! That's a lot for a tea so it must be high in sugar because of the peaches.

Bernice is a nice way to say bowel movement.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:26 AM   #100

Yeah, I got what you were saying. That is why I said she has not been visiting.
6g is alot of carbs.

Well I know I am losing some inches. I just hope the scales goes down some. I am so close to be being able to see my collar bones again!!
I get really small on the top when I lose weight. I am not very small on the bottom. I have bigger hips and things. I have a very curvy hour glass figure when I am smaller.

I will keep on keeping on.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #101

Try to stick to herbal teas - they are the best on protocol. Celestial Seasonings makes some really good ones (Bengal Spice, Honey Vanilla Chamomile). There's another brand that has herbal Caramel Vanilla - very good.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #102

No. I will put that on my list to buy.
Quote:
Try to stick to herbal teas - they are the best on protocol. Celestial Seasonings makes some really good ones (Bengal Spice, Honey Vanilla Chamomile). There's another brand that has herbal Caramel Vanilla - very good.
THE DIET

Quote:

The Diet

The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.

Breakfast:
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:
1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.

4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner :
The same four choices as lunch (above.)
APPLE DAY
Quote:
In such cases we consider it permissible, for purely psychological reasons, to break up the plateau. This can be done in two ways. One is a so-called “apple day”. An apple-day begins at lunch and continues until just before lunch of the following day. The patients are given six large apples and are told to eat one whenever they feel the desire though six apples is the maximum allowed. During an apple-day no other food or liquids except plain water are allowed and of water they may only drink just enough to quench an uncomfortable thirst if eating an apple still leaves them thirsty. Most patients feel no need for water and are quite happy with their six apples. Needless to say, an apple-day may never be given on the day on which there is no injection. The apple-day produces a gratifying loss of weight on the following day, chiefly due to the elimination of water. This water is not regained when the patients resume their normal 500-Calorie diet at lunch, and on the following days they continue to lose weight satisfactorily

Last edited by Tylar_Connar; 04-22-2010 at 09:25 AM..
Old 04-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #103

Quote:
No. I will put that on my list to buy.

The Diet

The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.

Breakfast:
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:
1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner :
The same four choices as lunch (above.)
My copy of the diet does not include oranges from the original P&I protocol so I don't eat them.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #104

I was just posting this for me. So I dont have the correct one from online.
I will find one that doesnt have oranges.
Thansk for catching that!!

Quote:
My copy of the diet does not include oranges from the original P&I protocol so I don't eat them.
is this what you have?

The Diet
Quote:
The 500 calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.

Breakfast: Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:
4. An apple or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner : The same four choices as lunch.

The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.

Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.

In fact, the patient should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day. Many patients are afraid to drink so much because they fear that this may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements.

The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.

Last edited by Tylar_Connar; 04-22-2010 at 09:38 AM..
Old 04-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #105

Yes, that's the one I have!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #106

GREAT!!
Quote:
Yes, that's the one I have!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #107

I am EXHAUSTED today. I so want a nap. BUT I am going to visit my friend today and her little new bundle of joy!!

However, I was at 214.00 today!!

12~223.6
13~218.2
14~218.2
15~217.4
16~217.4
17~215.4 (TOM)
19~215.4
20~215.4
21~214.8
22~215.4
23~214.0

Last edited by Tylar_Connar; 04-23-2010 at 07:22 AM..
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #108

Quote:
I am EXHAUSTED today. I so want a nap. BUT I am going to visit my friend today and her little new bundle of joy!!

12~223.6
13~218.2
14~218.2
15~217.4
16~217.4
17~215.4 (TOM)
19~215.4
20~215.4
21~214.8
22~215.4
23~214.0
Nice! You are down 9.6 pounds already!!! Are you exhausted from lack of sleep or from protocol? You need to take a multi-vitamin and potassium/magnesium to balance everything while on protocol. We aren't eating very much food so you need to supplement to keep your body working correctly. Oh, and drink at least 64 ounces of water each day to keep yourself hydrated!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #109

I think a combination of both. I could fall asleep right now. The muscles in my arms are not sore they just feel exhausted too. Like I have done a 100 push ups or something. When dh gets paid I am gonna make a WalMart run and get what I need. I still have some prenatal vitamins I wonder if I could take those until I get some. Just typing this makes my arms exhausted like I was explaining above.
Quote:
Nice! You are down 9.6 pounds already!!! Are you exhausted from lack of sleep or from protocol? You need to take a multi-vitamin and potassium/magnesium to balance everything while on protocol. We aren't eating very much food so you need to supplement to keep your body working correctly. Oh, and drink at least 64 ounces of water each day to keep yourself hydrated!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #110

Quote:
I think a combination of both. I could fall asleep right now. The muscles in my arms are not sore they just feel exhausted too. Like I have done a 100 push ups or something. When dh gets paid I am gonna make a WalMart run and get what I need. I still have some prenatal vitamins I wonder if I could take those until I get some. Just typing this makes my arms exhausted like I was explaining above.
Sounds like you need potassium. But you can definitely take the prenatal vitamin for now. Foods like oranges, tomatoes, spinach have potassium in them also.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #111

Thanks. I am stopping at Wal Mart on the way to see my friend. I may get some vitamins then. We will see. What kind did you use again?

Quote:
Sounds like you need potassium. But you can definitely take the prenatal vitamin for now. Foods like oranges, tomatoes, spinach have potassium in them also.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #112

Quote:
Thanks. I am stopping at Wal Mart on the way to see my friend. I may get some vitamins then. We will see. What kind did you use again?
I think it's Potassium Citrate? You can get those pretty cheap. They are usually 99 mg and I take 4 per day - 2 at each meal. That is the equivalent of one banana.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Afternoon, Tonia !

I see you are down another pound !

I hope you feel better after you take your supplements.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #114

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:

12~223.6
13~218.2
14~218.2
15~217.4
16~217.4
17~215.4 (TOM)
19~215.4
20~215.4
21~214.8
22~215.4
23~214.0
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #115

214 today...again...better than gaining!

We went and ate at a Mexican restraunt. I did good. I got a chicken salad. And you dont even know how much I LOVE FAJITAS!! And we usually eat about 4 baskets of chips. We didnt even eat one last night. Wonder who eats them all :blush::blush:?

12~223.6
13~218.2
14~218.2
15~217.4
16~217.4
17~215.4 (TOM)
19~215.4
20~215.4
21~214.8
22~215.4
23~214.0
24~214.0
Old 04-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
214 today...again...better than gaining!

We went and ate at a Mexican restraunt. I did good. I got a chicken salad. And you dont even know how much I LOVE FAJITAS!! And we usually eat about 4 baskets of chips. We didnt even eat one last night. Wonder who eats them all :blush::blush:?

12~223.6
13~218.2
14~218.2
15~217.4
16~217.4
17~215.4 (TOM)
19~215.4
20~215.4
21~214.8
22~215.4
23~214.0
24~214.0
Oh my goodness - MEXICAN FOOD !! Just the smell alone would have put some pounds on me !

You did great by the way having a chicken salad ! Have another great day !
Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #117

Thanks!! We LOVE Mexican food!!

When we were dating we went nearly every night.

Now we usually go atleast 1 or maybe 2 a week and sometimes 3.

Yes, WE are ADDICTED!!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #118

Quote:
Thanks!! We LOVE Mexican food!!

When we were dating we went nearly every night.

Now we usually go atleast 1 or maybe 2 a week and sometimes 3.

Yes, WE are ADDICTED!!
lol.. that's how we are with Chinese food.... we have cut it down to once a week.. well I sometimes go 2 or 3 times.. just just for the salmon they have there ..

have a great evening sweet pea..
Old 04-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #119

You have a WONDERFUL day too!!

I love Chinese too. And Japanes!! And Italian!!

We use to go to the Chinese Buffets...yummy!!

I Love Japanes but my oldest doesnt like it much so we dont go. Plus the rice was wrecking my low carb diet. So now I have a hard time eating it not even on low carb.

Italian...LOVE it but dh doesnt so I dont get it often.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #120

Quote:
You have a WONDERFUL day too!!

I love Chinese too. And Japanes!! And Italian!!

We use to go to the Chinese Buffets...yummy!!

I Love Japanes but my oldest doesnt like it much so we dont go. Plus the rice was wrecking my low carb diet. So now I have a hard time eating it not even on low carb.

Italian...LOVE it but dh doesnt so I dont get it often.
aww.. the two places we go to are buffets..lol.. but I'm counting calories.. soooo no chinese food ..just salmon.. and shrimp.. that kinds stuff..