Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/310.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-35.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
You would not believe how many times I've watched that video myself. Makes me tear up every time and then I'm able to get a stiff upper lip and go on.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Tear up??? I was bawling!!! LOL
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The insurance adjuster missed the ferry he'd planned on taking over here. He thought there'd be another in 10 minutes. LOL! He didn't know he'd have to wait an hour.

He was really, really nice. Dh will be paid for the time he's spent on clean-up, and I can bill for my time while I'm salvaging stuff from my office. Out of maybe 200 books in two bookcases that were crushed, maybe just 15-20 have been damaged. Three other bookcases managed to escape any damage at all. (Yep, I like books!) The adjuster also told us to go to Costco and buy some space heaters, which the insurance company will pay for.

Tomorrow movers are coming to pack up stuff that needs to be moved from the house before the contractors do any more demolition. Another company is sending over a storage pod, and we'll be able to store our stuff right in our side driveway. I'll be working until late tonight to get everything ready to be moved out.

Kind of overwhelmed again. Time to get back to work...
Old 11-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #244

breathe, Raini . . . just breathe.

The best news is, things are starting to happen in earnest now.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I cleaned stuff and took inventory on broken, crushed, soaked and missing stuff from my office and guestroom until 1:30 this morning. Need to get up at 7 for the movers. Our pastor has found a home for us to get away from here as needed, so I may try to sneak away in the afternoon for a nap.

We keep springing new leaks... now one in the laundry room and mudroom, both of which are below my office. One of my Longaberger baskets got soaked, and our custom cabinets are taking a real beating. I know... it's just stuff.

As I was cleaning up stuff in my office, I was thinking about how that could have been ME crushed in there with all my belongings; and it could have been one or more of our kids sorting through the contents of the room. Puts it in a whole new perspective, huh?

It's after 2 am and dh is trying to sleep... the 'puter is on our room for now. Shhhhhh!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #246

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Poor thing,,, things may be things.. but custom made.....pictures.. things people gave you.. ..so I can only Imagine how you feel sweetie.. I would be upset.. so you have that right to vent and let it all out.. everyone knows your thankful that you and dh didn't get hurt.. but its still OK to be upset.. we shouldn't bottle things up... stress.. it only makes it worse.. so vent.. and don't forget to breath!! love ya sweet pea!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa, LOVE your avatar! Love snow... except when it's coming in my house. LOL

Dh first said "No Christmas lights this year" and I can understand. Then he said we won't have a Christmas tree either. Yes, I do understand; but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm praying that things will settle down enough that he will change his mind. I'm not going to say anything to stress him out more right now.

Well, I had an almost perfect day with LC... ate too many nuts, but everything else was great. I took a turkey over to a friend's house, and she offered me quiche, cake and cookies. Not once or twice, but over and over and over until I reminded her that I'm allergic to flour. (She claimed she never knew, but she's getting on in years and has just forgotten. We've discussed it before.) So then she offered me hot cocoa. I kept telling her I had just eaten and didn't need a thing. Finally accepted decaf tea because she is big into hospitality and doesn't take no for an answer!

We had a really early dinner, and I'd just had two meals today; so I got hungry this evening. I decided to fix a scrambled egg with bacon, and that took care of that. I really need to make up some dishes that I can have that are easy to re-heat or something.

I'm so cold and I should get to bed. TTYL!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Lisa, LOVE your avatar! Love snow... except when it's coming in my house. LOL

Dh first said "No Christmas lights this year" and I can understand. Then he said we won't have a Christmas tree either. Yes, I do understand; but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm praying that things will settle down enough that he will change his mind. I'm not going to say anything to stress him out more right now.

Well, I had an almost perfect day with LC... ate too many nuts, but everything else was great. I took a turkey over to a friend's house, and she offered me quiche, cake and cookies. Not once or twice, but over and over and over until I reminded her that I'm allergic to flour. (She claimed she never knew, but she's getting on in years and has just forgotten. We've discussed it before.) So then she offered me hot cocoa. I kept telling her I had just eaten and didn't need a thing. Finally accepted decaf tea because she is big into hospitality and doesn't take no for an answer!

We had a really early dinner, and I'd just had two meals today; so I got hungry this evening. I decided to fix a scrambled egg with bacon, and that took care of that. I really need to make up some dishes that I can have that are easy to re-heat or something.

I'm so cold and I should get to bed. TTYL!
you should so make the creamy taco soup.. .. nice warm and easy and can be reheated

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

I sure hope he changes his mind.. it might make the whole situation a tad bit better.. give you a smile anyway..
Old 12-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
you should so make the creamy taco soup.. .. nice warm and easy and can be reheated

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Yum! I haven't made that one before but I want to right now!!! (I can't do it now, but I will SOON!) Do you drain the Rotel or pour it in as it is?

As usual on a Thursday, I'm supposed to be at the crafting session; and as usual, I'm running way late. Not as usual, I have a much better excuse! I still plan to go to get a bit of normalcy back in my life, but I don't have a project OR a lunch ready to go yet. So it will be awhile.

One of the sub-contractors brought a batch of homemade cookies today. I can't believe dh came in and offered me "just a bite." Yesterday was the first day since the tree invaded our home that I've stayed on program. I didn't take a bite, but I did smell it. Smelled like one of those coconut seven-layer bars. I think I actually have a low carb recipe of that somewhere.

I think dinner will be steaks tonight. Hoping it doesn't rain and dh can do them on the barbecue... he's used to the cold these days and outside most of the day anyway. I think that my lunch will be Sassy Chicken Salad, made with the Rotel tomatoes. (How did I ever live without those things???)

Also, if it doesn't rain, I might ask the crafting ladies if anyone wants to go take a break from their project and go for a walk.

Oops... gotta run.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #250

nope.. pour the whole can in. .. I always double the batch... so I'll have left overs.. love the stuff!

hope you had fun today
Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
nope.. pour the whole can in. .. I always double the batch... so I'll have left overs.. love the stuff!
Gotta make this soon! We'll be off-island all day tomorrow, so maybe Saturday. Nag me if ya need to!

Quote:
hope you had fun today
Not really... took so long to get out of the house because calls kept coming in and the contractor stopped by with lots of questions, etc. Got there long after everyone else, and they were all busy talking and having fun. There wasn't even anywhere for me to sit and work on my project. I think I just sat there with a phoney smile on my face and tried not to cry.

We finally got a call back today from the people that are supposed to fix our furniture. (Bought real expensive couch, chair and love seat over two years ago. Cushions are all flattened out and there's no seat or back support. Furniture was warranted against such things. Been like pulling teeth to get seller to back up their claim.) Anywho, the last time they came out to work on the furniture, the company that sold us the stuff didn't bother paying them. Now the repair people won't come out here again. I'm sick of this #%$^&*. Wish I could afford a lawyer to go after the bums. We can call them every day, and all they ever say is that they will work on it and call us back. They NEVER call back!!! Dh finally refused to leave a msg today, telling the guy that answered that there was no point in doing so. Takes a lot to get dh that mad. I don't know what to do now.

I guess I should sign off... I'm in such a bad mood I couldn't be very good company right now anyway. <sigh>
Old 12-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #252

Quote:
Gotta make this soon! We'll be off-island all day tomorrow, so maybe Saturday. Nag me if ya need to!

Not really... took so long to get out of the house because calls kept coming in and the contractor stopped by with lots of questions, etc. Got there long after everyone else, and they were all busy talking and having fun. There wasn't even anywhere for me to sit and work on my project. I think I just sat there with a phoney smile on my face and tried not to cry.

We finally got a call back today from the people that are supposed to fix our furniture. (Bought real expensive couch, chair and love seat over two years ago. Cushions are all flattened out and there's no seat or back support. Furniture was warranted against such things. Been like pulling teeth to get seller to back up their claim.) Anywho, the last time they came out to work on the furniture, the company that sold us the stuff didn't bother paying them. Now the repair people won't come out here again. I'm sick of this #%$^&*. Wish I could afford a lawyer to go after the bums. We can call them every day, and all they ever say is that they will work on it and call us back. They NEVER call back!!! Dh finally refused to leave a msg today, telling the guy that answered that there was no point in doing so. Takes a lot to get dh that mad. I don't know what to do now.

I guess I should sign off... I'm in such a bad mood I couldn't be very good company right now anyway. <sigh>
I am so sorry your having a hard way to go these days.. ..

maybe call them and just say.. " you'll be hearing form my lawyers"... maybe that will purk them up enough to do SOMETHING..??

I sure wish you all the best...
Old 12-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #253

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7
Old 12-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #254

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble, Raini. Just remember to breathe.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7
You're right, of course. And I knew that. Just need to be reminded once in awhile, and lately it seems like I need to be reminded a lot!

And speaking of trusting God... I had a dream last night. In it, my brother showed up and was standing in front of me - young, healthy, strong and HAPPY - grinning from ear to ear. I was so excited that God had healed him... and very surprised. Then I looked into my heart and realized that I had never expected God to heal him. Why do we pray for miracles and then not believe that God will do them? I know in my heart that He is able to, but too often I don't expect that he will. So... I've just had a heart-to-heart with God, and hopefully I can do better in the future!

Big day ahead... long list of things to do... guess I should get busy. Y'all can pray for me, if you would!

Hope everyone has a great week-end! Thanks for being there for me.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #256

Hiya Raini. Hope you're able to rest up this weekend.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #257

Quote:
You're right, of course. And I knew that. Just need to be reminded once in awhile, and lately it seems like I need to be reminded a lot!

And speaking of trusting God... I had a dream last night. In it, my brother showed up and was standing in front of me - young, healthy, strong and HAPPY - grinning from ear to ear. I was so excited that God had healed him... and very surprised. Then I looked into my heart and realized that I had never expected God to heal him. Why do we pray for miracles and then not believe that God will do them? I know in my heart that He is able to, but too often I don't expect that he will. So... I've just had a heart-to-heart with God, and hopefully I can do better in the future!

Big day ahead... long list of things to do... guess I should get busy. Y'all can pray for me, if you would!

Hope everyone has a great week-end! Thanks for being there for me.
always n forever!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made it through a potluck, a Baby Shower and a Christmas party today without going off plan! Yay me!

Also went to the Star Lighting ceremony last night, where they have tons of homemade Christmas goodies and hot cocoa and hot cider. I enjoyed singing carols and stayed away from all the treats. (I made Cranberry Surprise Pie for me, but didn't take any with me.)

I am not in a birthday mood, but I'm trying to stay upbeat for dh. I know he wants it to be a special day for me, but I'd like to climb under the covers and stay in bed until this day is over.

You know the kind of girlfriends you have that remember your b-day and want to "do lunch?" One of mine just moved back to New York, and two are 150 miles away where we used to live. I hinted around to one friend... I know that she and another gal celebrate their b-days this month by going to tea. I'd love to go, but didn't want to come right out and ask. She said, "Yeah, it's our Mommie's Day Out" and just dropped it. Maybe she didn't think she could ask me without it being okay with her other friend; I dunno. But I miss going to tea, either for my b-day or the Christmas teas I used to go to.

I've also been having nightmares about our house being a mess. I used to have a hard time keeping my house clean, but now I'm really organized and I LOVE having a clean house. Since the tree invaded our home, we had to clear everything out of four rooms and put it in storage. Now I have nowhere to put stuff that I use nearly every day, and nowhere for laundry, coats, shoes and boots... I have stuffed stacked all over the house and I hate it.

Time to watch the video again.... Time to breathe....
Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #259

I'm sorry for the nightmares, Ms. Raini. But remember, it won't be like this forever. That's the thing about time . . . it really does heal all wounds. I know that sometimes the wounds will leave a scar, but even if this does leave one, even time will make that fade in time. Like you said . . . just breathe . . . try to keep positive thoughts in your mind, even if you think you are being unreal to your true feelings. Dwellling on the positive instead of the negative will always give you a better mental disposition.

And YAY YOU! Awesome job sticking to your plan amidst all your celebratory occasions! You rock!!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #260

Quote:
Made it through a potluck, a Baby Shower and a Christmas party today without going off plan! Yay me!

Also went to the Star Lighting ceremony last night, where they have tons of homemade Christmas goodies and hot cocoa and hot cider. I enjoyed singing carols and stayed away from all the treats. (I made Cranberry Surprise Pie for me, but didn't take any with me.)

I am not in a birthday mood, but I'm trying to stay upbeat for dh. I know he wants it to be a special day for me, but I'd like to climb under the covers and stay in bed until this day is over.

You know the kind of girlfriends you have that remember your b-day and want to "do lunch?" One of mine just moved back to New York, and two are 150 miles away where we used to live. I hinted around to one friend... I know that she and another gal celebrate their b-days this month by going to tea. I'd love to go, but didn't want to come right out and ask. She said, "Yeah, it's our Mommie's Day Out" and just dropped it. Maybe she didn't think she could ask me without it being okay with her other friend; I dunno. But I miss going to tea, either for my b-day or the Christmas teas I used to go to.

I've also been having nightmares about our house being a mess. I used to have a hard time keeping my house clean, but now I'm really organized and I LOVE having a clean house. Since the tree invaded our home, we had to clear everything out of four rooms and put it in storage. Now I have nowhere to put stuff that I use nearly every day, and nowhere for laundry, coats, shoes and boots... I have stuffed stacked all over the house and I hate it.

Time to watch the video again.... Time to breathe....

I sure hope you ended up having a good Birthday sweetie.. I thought about you several times throughout the day.. but I was baking.. then when I was trying to get to sleep at about 12:30.. I thought about it again.. and was bummed that i didnt get in here to wish you a Happy Birthday....

If you lived here I would have invited you over to bake with me.. .. I love baking and making stuff.. .. don't worry I wouldn't have let you cheated..lol.. its for the people I work with .. but I'll be honest.. I have licked my fingers a few hundred times.. and no worries.. I Always wash my hands after,.,

Next year it will be a better Birthday... your house will be all pretty again.. and I am sure your dh will get you on that cruise!!.. so think ahead sweetie.. Good things are in store for you!!
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 12-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't want to be whining, but if I can't do it here, I don't have anyone else to talk to.
Anyone reading this blog may skip the entire post, because the whining is for me to get it off my chest... not to bore anyone to tears!

Yesterday was one of the worst b-days in my life. I overslept because my alarm didn't go off, and while I was oversleeping I was having nightmares about oversleeping! I even dreamed our pastor called to wake me up and said they were ready to pray and I needed to be there! (The worship team prays before the service starts. And dh goes 2 and 1/2 hours early to set up the sound system.)

I'd wanted to get up earlier so I could bake a LC Green Bean casserole; so when I woke up late I almost just threw the traditional one, with the canned soup, together so I wouldn't be late. Then I knew I couldn't have any, so I went ahead and made the LC version, which made me about 45 minutes late for church.

Had a bad hair day, so I pulled my hair up into a ponytail. Ugh.

Couldn't find clothes that would be warm enough for the drafty clubhouse building, so I layered ugly stuff together. Double ugh.

Missed most of the music worship... at least the choir wasn't supposed to sing yesterday.

Had a baby shower at church AFTER church, so I guess dh didn't think he needed to take me out for my birthday. He never even asked me if I wanted to go out! No b-day card, no gift, no dinner, no nothing! How lame is that? When we got home, he put on his pj's before 4:30! That was my first clue that nothing was happening.

He mentioned having the creamy taco soup for dinner, so I heated up a bowl and brought it into the bedroom for myself. He looked at me kind of funny when I didn't offer to fix him any, but he probably would have been wearing it if he did! Maybe he figured that much out.

At one point he asked what had happened that made me upset. And just before we went to bed last night he said something about at least I got to have a burger at Red Robin, as if he'd planned that himself! (I'd gotten a coupon in my e-mail for a free burger, and that's where we had lunch on Friday. We would have had to eat out anyway since we were off-island all day. With me clipping a coupon, he didn't even have to pay for my meal. Is that what he called my birthday dinner???

Three of our 4 kids called to wish me Happy B-Day. I know that one of them will eventually send a gift or at least a card. Would have been nice to hear from #1 Son. (Once he said something like "I realized I missed your birthday, but I knew dad was taking good care of you." I dare him to say that this time!)

I did have at least one b-day that was as bad as this-- A long time ago, dh and my dad were going to surprise me by taking me out for my b-day, but my dad accidently mentioned something to me about it. Dh was mad, and because the surprise was spoiled, called my dad and said we wouldn't be going out after all. I was sure that he said that to throw me off-track; so I showered and did my hair, but kept my robe on so it didn't look like I was getting ready to go out. Then dh went to Drill Night at the fire department and left me home with the kids. I waited and waited, just sure he really planned to take me out, but he didn't come home until late that night and we didn't do anything for my b-day at all. Maybe I shouldn't even mention this now, because he was a Class A Jerk back then and has really changed a lot. I just can't figure how he could have completely dropped the ball yesterday. I don't get it!

As for next year's b-day, I am absolutely going to dread it! Unless we can get the air cleared about this one long before then, I can't imagine facing another day like it.

Enough b-day whining. Now I'm going to whine about the progress on the house. Or lack thereof...

The insurance company is supposed to send us a check with a huge amount of money on it. This goes to the mortgage company to be given to us in three separate drafts. But they need an estimate from the Claims Adjuster first. Now the contractor wants the Claims Adjuster's estimate, but we just got an e-mail that he is waiting for the contractor's estimate! The contractor isn't supposed to be doing any work until he gets a permit from the County (and maybe the State) but they won't allow him to file for the permit until the Claims Adjuster sends them his estimate. A Catch 22! Apparently the permit can take as long as 28 days, but we're hoping they will give it to the contractor over the counter.

Well, step-MIL just called and didn't mention my b-day either. That's understandable, though... the 29th of Nov. was one year since FIL died and this is a difficult time of year for her. I was trying to encourage her, but having a hard time not crying when she said I sounded discouraged. We muddled through an awkward conversation. I wish she lived closer to us. I'd like to see her. We were always a lot closer than the "real" MIL who never has liked any of her DILs. (Might I add that she could have done a lot worse, as all of her sons ended up with women who got them back on the right track!)

Looking for some good things to say about today. I know God is good. I know I have it much better than many, many people around the world.

I have a (relatively) warm house. I'm glad to have electricity and hot water back again. I'm thankful that I can do dishes in my kitchen again, and I'm thankful that I've been able to stay on program these last few days.

I'm very thankful that I wasn't in that room when the tree came through the house. Very thankful, too, that the power went off at the very moment the tree hit. (God just reminded me of a similar situation some friends had during a wind storm. Their son saw the power line to the house sparking and shouted to his parents. They all ran from the house, and within 5 minutes the 80 MPH winds had destroyed their home- a big, beautiful old farmhouse. They had nothing left but the jammies on their backs. No clothing, no furniture, no photos or other memorabilia. And it turned out that the insurance wouldn't cover even half of what it would cost to rebuild.)

I'm going to go exercise. I almost always feel better after I do. (I'm thankful that all the workmen are gone for the day so I can exercise!!!)

Pity Party is over for today.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, exercise really helped!

Also helped: Had it out with poor dh! I couldn't just stay upset with him, and pretending it didn't bother me didn't help, either. So I just asked what was going on that he didn't bother doing ANYTHING at all for my birthday. He looked stunned at first, and then started mumbling something about "asking people" and "blah blah blah." I pinned that man to the mat and ask WHO did he talk to and WHAT did he ask? Turns out he kind of asked a couple at our church (that we're not all that close to) what they were doing later that day. I don't think he even mentioned that he wanted them to do something for my birthday with them. And he didn't mention it to any of my close friends on the island at all. He said he was really wiped out after the rough week we had, and he'd had a big day with all the stuff he had to do at church. (True!) So I said, "You could have said something like - 'I really want to celebrate your b-day with you, but I'm really tired today. Could we make plans for another day this week?' " He had to admit that was a valid point.

So here's the bottom line, and the reason it hurt so much: He always makes a point of how it's "just you and me, hon" like it's the two of us together against the world. He says "I'll always be there for you" and he wasn't. I said, "Not one of my friends called. Our kids only called because you reminded them to (and one didn't even call.) I didn't hear from my brother or any of my birth-family brothers and sisters. No one. But it still would have been wonderful if it was "just you and me, hon." But it wasn't. It was me... all alone."

So when he said, "You're not going to forgive me, are you?" I reminded him of how, when he was young, he'd sit at school Open House and wait for his parents to show up but they never did. I said, "You forgave them, right? But you still tell me how much it always hurt. It still hurts when you talk about it. And I can forgive you, but it still hurts."

He promised me that it would never happen again. I don't know about that, but we needed to have that talk and I needed to get rid of the anger I had.

So... life goes on and Praise God that my next b-day is a year away!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #263

Communication is always a good thing. Glad you were able to get the anger out and discuss this. Now it won't fester.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Communication is always a good thing. Glad you were able to get the anger out and discuss this. Now it won't fester.
Right-o!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #265

I understand why you were so upset.. my dh is the same way,, to him its just another day.. I've had bdays where I didnt mention it.. and right before we went to bed.. he ask.. so do you feel any older? not a happy birthday or anything... I'm kinda just used to it now.. only person in my life who always calls me.. is Beth.. my best friend of 32 years..

she is the only person on the face of the earth who KNOWS me.. who "gets:" me.. who is always there when I need someone.. even if its just to talk.. we can be on the phone and I can be upset a and in one thing I say... even if it has nothing to do with why I am upset.. she will say.. " whats wrong".. lol..

she is more like family to me then my actual family... she is the sister I have always wanted.. ... God gave me her when we were 10.. ..

anywho.. I hope next year is better for you.. maybe dh will make up for it!!..
Old 12-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa,

I didn't even hear from my two best friends! But I know that one of them is dealing with issues with an adult Downs Syndrome child and the other has a really difficult dh to deal with and I know the holidays are rough for her.

My brother called this morning to say Happy Birthday. He has extreme medical issues and turns out he was more sick than usual this past week-end.

Clearing the air with my dh was apparently the best thing I could do. I was probably a little rough on him and he looked utterly dejected. But the tension is gone from the air now and life is back to.... well, "normal" is maybe going overboard, considering what our daily lives are like these days... LOL But we're okay.

So, I was up early and exercised before any of the workmen got here. Our trusses are coming today!!! I don't know how far they can proceed w/o permits from the county... as long as they know, that's what counts.

My TV is set for the Hallmark channel today (I usually don't leave the TV on during the day) and I'm enjoying the holidays through Martha Stewart. (Who'd a thunk it???) I'm going to tackle some of the stacks of "stuff" that have piled up since the "Tree" entered our lives. I'm also deep-conditioning my hair and just taking good care of myself.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but for most of my life I have had trouble with organization. As a kid, my room was always a mess. Growing up, our home was always really clean (except my room!) and when I was a teen we had a PT housekeeper. But once I was married and had a place of my own, I was always struggling to keep up with housework.

I signed up for Flylady.com a few years before we moved from our house in Oregon and started getting things under control. We spent two years getting rid of stuff we didn't need.... weekly trips to Salvation Army to donate stuff, and two huge garage sales. Lots and lots and lots of cleaning, clearing and organizing. When we were designing this house, I made sure that cabinets, drawers, closets and storage areas were conducive to keeping everything organized and in its place. And it has worked very well for the four years we've been here... until just now. So that explains the nightmares about everything being a mess, when I've worked so hard to break old habits and keep things really nice. I haven't had to visit the Flylady website in a long time, but maybe I should check in until I get things back under control.

Breakfast today: scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese
Lunch: not sure yet... open for ideas!
Dinner: steak and veggies
Special treat- decaf coffee with eggnog Davinci's and cream YUM!!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #267

I need to get back to flylady . . . I never really got into it totally, but it helped for the short time I tried to keep up . . .

Thanks for the reminder . . .
Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Starting today with a women's Christmas Bible study. Wish I'd slept better so I'd feel better!

My entire body has been cramping up. Usually I can drink apple cider vinegar and stop the cramping, but not last night. So my side was cramping, my shoulders, legs, ankles and feet. Ugh! Plan to do some research later and see what is going on.

Got on the scales this morning... I've lost all but 2 pounds of what I'd gained back when we were on our RV trip. I know I can do better if I can leave those darned nuts alone!

Breakfast was Green Bean casserole with hamburger. I made a huge batch so I could take one big casserole to Appreciation Day at the Historical Farm, and another medium one to have at home. Smart thinkin', huh?

Gotta run!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #269

Wow, if you're cramping that badly, I wonder what your potassium levels are? Sounds like you need some banana's in your life!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My first thought is always the potassium levels, but I'm on a precription potassium and I'm not supposed to add any OTC potassium to it. And banans are so high in carbs! Waaa!

Not cramping too much today, but had a doozey of a headache... pretty sure it's lack of sleep. And taking a nap today didn't work too well... hammers and electric saws right above my bedroom. At one point the guys dropped a huge saw and I heard the "thump" that sounded like it was coming through the ceiling. Then I heard it slide all the way to the edge of the roof before it stopped. Really did nothing to help me relax!

I'm craving Christmas cookies!!! Everywhere I go there are huge trays of homemade cookies! I was doing okay with my cranberry surprise pie until I ran out of it. Going to make another one on Friday, but meanwhile I just want to eat a whole tray of cookies. And then I'll feel absolutely miserable... puffing up like a balloon, having achey knees and swollen ankles, and then my scalp will break out all over. Yuch!!!

Tomorrow is craft day again. Might take a scoop of my green bean casserole for my lunch. Have to face more Christmas goodies, though... And I have no project to take 'cuz everything is packed out in the storage pod. But I need the fellowship... I can turn into a real hermit if I'm not careful, so I make an effort to get out.