LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
I am so glad you all had a great time.. but I am also SO)O)O glad your back.. safe and sound.. ..

as far as fairing well.. nope.. I went off and stayed off.. with every intention into getting back into it.. but have failed miserably..;(.. I lay in bed every night telling myself I HAVE to get back to it.. I get up.. eat a good brekki.. and lunch.. then I get home and its all she wrote..:blush:

pray for me please .. I need to do this!
I WILL pray for you! This is such a struggle, isn't it? I mean, I'd go over to the lodge to play cards, and I'd take my favorite tea and a piece of SF chocolate so I'd stay away from all the junk over there. But I'd cave almost every time. And everyone there knew... they KNEW that I was allergic to flour and I supposedly don't eat sugar. But I'd still give in and then be just furious with myself. And feel like everyone there was either laughing behind my back or maybe feeling sorry for me.

Tomorrow I'll be back at the Ladies Craft Day, so it will be a challenge for me once again. I plan to take chicken salad and cheese crackers for myself. I have no idea what they have planned for lunch. I'll be praying for you. Will you also pray for me?
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I WILL pray for you! This is such a struggle, isn't it? I mean, I'd go over to the lodge to play cards, and I'd take my favorite tea and a piece of SF chocolate so I'd stay away from all the junk over there. But I'd cave almost every time. And everyone there knew... they KNEW that I was allergic to flour and I supposedly don't eat sugar. But I'd still give in and then be just furious with myself. And feel like everyone there was either laughing behind my back or maybe feeling sorry for me.

Tomorrow I'll be back at the Ladies Craft Day, so it will be a challenge for me once again. I plan to take chicken salad and cheese crackers for myself. I have no idea what they have planned for lunch. I'll be praying for you. Will you also pray for me?

have fun at the Ladys craft day!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #213

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/308.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-37.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Hi Raini. Welcome home.
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Hi Raini. Welcome home.
Thank you! It's good to be back.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, the big lofty goal was to get over to the Community Club early today to start working on my turkey. But one thing after another got in my way, and one of those "things" was ds#3 calling to chat. And chat. And chat. Then everything else took forever and I headed over there about 4 hours later than planned.

HOWEVER... my big challenge is all the food they have there, and they were all done eating by the time I arrived. I had packed my own lunch (Sassy Chicken Salad) but left it in the car because I wasn't hungry.

I really, truly felt welcomed and loved when I went in there today. I'm not always comfortable with larger groups, and there were a lot of ladies there today. Right now I'm working on a large, stuffed felt turkey decoration, and everyone thought is was really cute. I felt good about myself when I figured out how to start the blanket stitch that I have to use on the edges. I already knew how to do the stitch itself, but didn't know how to start it and have been asking for help with that up til now.

It was good to see all my friends again. For the last three weeks I have been going to "Ladies Tea" at the resort where we'd been staying. It's almost exactly like the craft day we have here on the island, except it's not a full day event like it is here. Anyway, most of the ladies there are very nice, but one older gal has just been a snot to me and I have no idea why. When I tried to ask her about the turkey pattern, she was really evasive and said that the lady that had a copy was gone for the winter. When one of the other ladies came forward with a copy for me, "Brat lady" was really ticked off. Then one of the ladies said I could use some gold crochet thread (because they were all out at the local store and I couldn't buy any) but BL took it from my table when I stepped away for a minute. She claimed it was hers, even though she had another skein right next to her. I asked if I could buy it from her and she just walked away from me. Then another lady asked if she wouldn't just give me a couple of strands so I could continue on my turkey, but BL kept her back to us and wouldn't answer. Boy, was she ever surprised and ticked off the following day, when all the ladies took a field trip to a town about 40 miles away and she saw me at Wal-Mart buying the thread I needed!

At first I took this rejection very personally. I started sinking into one of my old depression patterns. I told dh that I was trying very hard not to cry, but I just couldn't shake the gloomy feeling it gave me. Then another friend there told me that BL is a very unhappy person and never smiles... and she doesn't like to share anything or help anyone out. So I'm just trying to remember to pray for her whenever I think about her. Why on earth it was so important for her that I not make a turkey I'll probably never know. She barely knows me and I've never done anything to her that I know of. But I can pray for her, because God certainly knows what's going on in her head even if I don't.

Oh... the island burglaries are happening again. They said there have been at least 20 burglaries since dh and I have been gone. No one touched our house, and we're thankful for that. But we'll be off-island all day tomorrow and I hope no one messes with our house while we're gone. Dh pointed out that no one touched it in almost two months, but I reminded him that at least the cats were with us then. Tomorrow they will be home while we're gone. Then he said they probably wouldn't bother the cats, and I reminded him that there is someone on the island that DOES hurt animals and I don't even want to say what it is that the guy has done to them because it makes me sick to think about it. So of course I'm praying that they will be safe tomorrow!

Pretty perfect day as far as food and exercise go... (exercise thanks to Monet's inspirational post today!) Breakfast was 2 eggs with a slice of melted cheese on top, one piece of Jimmy Dean sausage and a small slice of incredibly yummy "bread-not-bread" pudding. Lunch was Sassy Chicken Salad with cheese crackers. Dinner was steak and a few slices of beets. (We're running out of veggies here!) Dessert was the last slice of b-n-b pudding. I did eat a handful of nuts although I was trying to stay away from nuts for awhile.

Rambling on... I found new gummy fiber at Costco! They are made with xylitol and have 5 carbs for 2 gummies, but there's 5 grams of fiber so that's a wash! They are truly a yummy way to get one's daily fiber... but the bottle cautions people to start slowly because they can cause discomfort. Hello?!! That's a code word for gas! LOL My poor tummy gurgled and gurgled for about an hour. I think I'll stick to one gummy at a time for awhile. Eventually I'll probably take the two a day that are recommended.

Time for bed. I'm tired and still have to brush my teeth, get in my jammies and heat up my little "footsy" pillow in the microwave. Guess I should get moving. Tomorrow is a big shopping day.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shopped all day yesterday, caught the 6:30 pm ferry back home and then got to put away all the groceries and other stuff we bought.

Since I wasn't going to be home to exercise, I made sure I really got a work out at all the stores. I power-walked across parking lots, took the long way around the stores when looking for items, and in general trotted my bum off.

To re-cap a bit, I bought the Sketchers Shape-Ups while at the beach, but ended up taking them back because my heels came up out of my shoes with each step. We tried several different styles and none worked for me. So I bought a different brand at a different store and just love 'em. Now, when I put these shoes on, I truly feel energized and really get moving. By the end of the day yesterday my feet were no worse for the wear, although my knees weren't quite as happy. Still, I could have walked for hours more!

We had breakfast at a favorite buffet yesterday. I had an omelet, bacon and three bites of fresh fruit (pear, watermelon, strawberry.) Dh came back with plates full of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, gravy, pastries... you name it, he ate it. I knew he wouldn't want lunch and I wasn't happy about that. When 2 pm rolled around, I mentioned that I'd like to go to KFC for a Double Down. (Called it Double Up on Monet's site! Silly old woman!) Anyway, he just laughed and said "Sure." Of course HE wasn't hungry and thought I was joking. I told him I was not joking, but he didn't pull in at KFC.

Just before we headed back to the ferry, I looked up KFC on the GPS and found one a couple of miles from where we were. DH started driving in that direction, but kept pointing out all sorts of other places to eat on the way. I finally said, "Look- I'm really hungry right now, and would say yes to anything at this point." Then I asked him to help me out by just taking us to KFC where I knew I could have a nice LC meal that would fill me up.

I wasn't too happy with this KFC, however. First of all, they didn't have their sign lit up when we arrived, and we had a hard time finding the place. Then, the girl at the counter seemed out-of-sorts and wasn't very friendly. When I ordered the Double Down and she asked if I wanted the meal or just the "sandwich," I asked if it was cheaper to get the "meal" with green beans or to order them separately, since I wasn't having a beverage. She totally ignored me, and when we got our bill, I'd been charged $1.49 for a very small amount of green beans... like 4 or 5 small bites.

After we ate dinner, I used the rest room and there was no hot water at all. How can employees wash their hands and safely prepare our meals? Acchh!

Today's meals:

B- didn't really have breakfast/ ate a handful of nuts and a SF pb candy
L- Sassy chicken salad
D- Historical Society potluck: salmon, brisket, coleslaw (and pumpkin tart if I make some)
Old 11-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #217

ekkkk.. no hot water.. not a good sign..

men can be bears sometimes huh.. but we lovem anyway..lol

so glad your sticking to plan!!..

maybe I should check into other shape up like shoes? Its hard with my flat feet.. sighhh..

sweet dreams my friend !

oh and I like your attitude about the BL.. prayer..

I am sure you did nothing wrong..

some people are just nasty at everyone.. I am sure she thinks her reasoning is a good one.. but like you said.. God only knows..

There is a customer who comes in every other week.. always has a sour puss ... I always am so nice.. ask her how shes doing and such.. well today... SHE SMILED.... yayaya.. usually she just grumbles under her breath.. and I just smile myself and say.. have a great evening ..today was a smile and a you do the same.. wow.. after about 3 years.... its the second cars she bought from us..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 11-14-2010, 04:27 AM   #218

Quote:
Then another friend there told me that BL is a very unhappy person and never smiles... and she doesn't like to share anything or help anyone out. So I'm just trying to remember to pray for her whenever I think about her. Why on earth it was so important for her that I not make a turkey I'll probably never know. She barely knows me and I've never done anything to her that I know of. But I can pray for her, because God certainly knows what's going on in her head even if I don't.
We have a snotty woman at my job too. People complain about her all the time. I get very sad when I see her . . . I wonder what it was in her life that made her like this . . . I can imagine her as a child being carefree and giggly, but something happened between then and now . . . yeah, it makes me very sad that someone can end up living life like this.

Quote:
Just before we headed back to the ferry, I looked up KFC on the GPS and found one a couple of miles from where we were. DH started driving in that direction, but kept pointing out all sorts of other places to eat on the way. I finally said, "Look- I'm really hungry right now, and would say yes to anything at this point." Then I asked him to help me out by just taking us to KFC where I knew I could have a nice LC meal that would fill me up.
Good for you for speaking up! Sometimes we just give in when we get that hungry. I'm so proud of you!
Old 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monet- I bought the Champion brand shoes... just $39.99 at a national chain.... not sure I'm allowed to mention the name because I had some posts pulled for mentioning a store here once. Anyway, I think I have THE original flat feet. In fact, if you look up "flat feet" in a medical book, my name should come up! LOL And I absolutely love these shoes. How much, you ask? I'm wearing them right NOW, and I'm the original "hater of shoes." As a matter of fact, if you look up.... okay, suffice to say, they feel great on my feet, I actually walk faster when I'm wearing them (probably because they do feel so good) and I'm in no hurry to take them off. And I saved a lot of money over the other ones, even tho' I would have loved to keep them if they'd worked for me.

D- Yep, I wondered about the snotty lady too.... just what has made her so unhappy? I've been trying to remember her in my prayers. I think she needs them!

DH is hungry and pointing out that it is time to start dinner. But I wanted to make note that I have been on program now for 8 days straight! I have missed a couple of days exercise, but my food has been right one.

Today's meals:
B- flax pancake and a fried egg
L- 2 pieces of ham lunch meat and two pieces of cheese
jalapeno pork rinds with clam dip
S- SF piece of candy, tea
D- salmon, broccoli
Old 11-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #220

Quote:
Monet- I bought the Champion brand shoes... just $39.99 at a national chain.... not sure I'm allowed to mention the name because I had some posts pulled for mentioning a store here once. Anyway, I think I have THE original flat feet. In fact, if you look up "flat feet" in a medical book, my name should come up! LOL And I absolutely love these shoes. How much, you ask? I'm wearing them right NOW, and I'm the original "hater of shoes." As a matter of fact, if you look up.... okay, suffice to say, they feel great on my feet, I actually walk faster when I'm wearing them (probably because they do feel so good) and I'm in no hurry to take them off. And I saved a lot of money over the other ones, even tho' I would have loved to keep them if they'd worked for me.

D- Yep, I wondered about the snotty lady too.... just what has made her so unhappy? I've been trying to remember her in my prayers. I think she needs them!

DH is hungry and pointing out that it is time to start dinner. But I wanted to make note that I have been on program now for 8 days straight! I have missed a couple of days exercise, but my food has been right one.

Today's meals:
B- flax pancake and a fried egg
L- 2 pieces of ham lunch meat and two pieces of cheese
jalapeno pork rinds with clam dip
S- SF piece of candy, tea
D- salmon, broccoli

I think you can send me a private message with the name and that will be ok.. .. also.. I think it's only stores that interfere with the low carb thing? maybe.. who knows..lol
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #221

Old 11-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dusk- "Hi" yerself!!!

Monet- Look for a pm!

We've just survived a horrible storm... trees falling like matchsticks all over the island! The winds were predicted north of us, but we got them, and much worse than predicted. Dh and I moved our mattress out to the foyer, where we figured we'd be more protected if any of the trees landed on our house. (BTW, sleeping on a mattress without box springs is not so comfortable!) We had no electricity for about 36 hours, and then were without power again for awhile today. When I was finally able to get back on the computer, we had no internet service.

Well, I got on the scales today for the first time since we got back from our vacation. I am officially up a pound and a half from when we left, but I'm sure it's lower than it was a couple of weeks ago! Anyway, I've been busting my bum to get it off again, and I truly feel much better. I think I just have 16 days until our cruise, though... not much time to fit into anything I'd planned to wear. I'll be the Cinderella of the cruise ship.... pre-fairy Godmother, of course.

Strange meal schedule again today... planned to exercise before I ate breakfast, but had things that took priority and didn't get around to eating OR exercising until 11:30 am. So-
S- LC chocolate chip cookie
B- omelet w/bacon, tomato, avocado, cheese, onion
L- pot roast
D- pot roast, asparagus, broccoli, cottage cheese and mushrooms
S- LC cookie

Twenty minutes of exercise, plus I tried the stair-stepping that they did last night on BL. I was ready to quit after just 20!!! My-oh-my, would Jillian kill me or what???
Old 11-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #223

Don't get me started on Jillian!

Old 11-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #224

Quote:
Dusk- "Hi" yerself!!!

Monet- Look for a pm!

We've just survived a horrible storm... trees falling like matchsticks all over the island! The winds were predicted north of us, but we got them, and much worse than predicted. Dh and I moved our mattress out to the foyer, where we figured we'd be more protected if any of the trees landed on our house. (BTW, sleeping on a mattress without box springs is not so comfortable!) We had no electricity for about 36 hours, and then were without power again for awhile today. When I was finally able to get back on the computer, we had no internet service.

Well, I got on the scales today for the first time since we got back from our vacation. I am officially up a pound and a half from when we left, but I'm sure it's lower than it was a couple of weeks ago! Anyway, I've been busting my bum to get it off again, and I truly feel much better. I think I just have 16 days until our cruise, though... not much time to fit into anything I'd planned to wear. I'll be the Cinderella of the cruise ship.... pre-fairy Godmother, of course.

Strange meal schedule again today... planned to exercise before I ate breakfast, but had things that took priority and didn't get around to eating OR exercising until 11:30 am. So-
S- LC chocolate chip cookie
B- omelet w/bacon, tomato, avocado, cheese, onion
L- pot roast
D- pot roast, asparagus, broccoli, cottage cheese and mushrooms
S- LC cookie

Twenty minutes of exercise, plus I tried the stair-stepping that they did last night on BL. I was ready to quit after just 20!!! My-oh-my, would Jillian kill me or what???
WOW .. so glad your all ok.... scary living on an Island huh..
Old 11-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
WOW .. so glad your all ok.... scary living on an Island huh..
Hmmmm... not so much just the island- lots of damage on the mainland, too. The weather guys had it all wrong and predicted it for quite a ways north of here. Boy were they surprised! And us, too!

So the internet service here has been just awful lately... get on line for a few minutes and it shuts down. Or try for half an hour to get online and finally give up. Tonight seems better, though. Hope I can get some stuff done here!

Like I mentioned on Monet's site, I made it through Ladies Craft Day without eating any of the food the ladies brought in. I had an Atkins Shake sitting out in my car if I got hungry enough, but didn't drink it. I had my water and did just fine with that.

You'd think after all of these years, I'd have "Me" figured out by now. But I'm still a work in progress, and still learning things about me every day. One thing I have to admit is that it is easier for me to not even try one bite of something than it is to take "just one bite." Once I get started, I want to eat more. So, even though there might be some acceptable things available to eat (there weren't today, but sometimes there are) once I've started I seem to crave more and more. If I ate a piece of cheese, then I'd want other stuff that I shouldn't have. So my rule is to eat what I've brought and nothing more, unless it's planned in advance.

Today's meals:
B- bread pudding (my new, exciting recipe with no bread!)
L- Nothing... I know, I KNOW!!!
S- Atkins bar
D- LC clam chowder, LC cheese crackers and bread pudding for dessert!!!! YUMMY!

No exercise Dh was already home watching TV when I got home, and I do my exercise in the Great Room where he was.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #226

Quote:
Hmmmm... not so much just the island- lots of damage on the mainland, too. The weather guys had it all wrong and predicted it for quite a ways north of here. Boy were they surprised! And us, too!

So the internet service here has been just awful lately... get on line for a few minutes and it shuts down. Or try for half an hour to get online and finally give up. Tonight seems better, though. Hope I can get some stuff done here!

Like I mentioned on Monet's site, I made it through Ladies Craft Day without eating any of the food the ladies brought in. I had an Atkins Shake sitting out in my car if I got hungry enough, but didn't drink it. I had my water and did just fine with that.

You'd think after all of these years, I'd have "Me" figured out by now. But I'm still a work in progress, and still learning things about me every day. One thing I have to admit is that it is easier for me to not even try one bite of something than it is to take "just one bite." Once I get started, I want to eat more. So, even though there might be some acceptable things available to eat (there weren't today, but sometimes there are) once I've started I seem to crave more and more. If I ate a piece of cheese, then I'd want other stuff that I shouldn't have. So my rule is to eat what I've brought and nothing more, unless it's planned in advance.

Today's meals:
B- bread pudding (my new, exciting recipe with no bread!)
L- Nothing... I know, I KNOW!!!
S- Atkins bar
D- LC clam chowder, LC cheese crackers and bread pudding for dessert!!!! YUMMY!

No exercise Dh was already home watching TV when I got home, and I do my exercise in the Great Room where he was.
well are you gonna share this new exciting no bread bread pudding??? Paaweeeaasseeee..
Old 11-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sending a pm to you in a minute!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't know where to start in my journal today. It's not about eating and it's not about exercise. Those have barely crossed my mind since Monday night... except when our pastor said he would move his car closer so I wouldn't have to walk down the hill to it. I did think the exercise would be nice... and then almost fell on the ice while trying!

So, Monday night a huge tree fell onto our house. If it wasn't for the lights flickering just as I was headed upstairs, I would have been sitting at my desk in my office when the tree came through the roof. My desk was knocked across the room. The front and side walls are missing. So is the ceiling. A room with a view... Open House. Ha. Yep... I've heard 'em all.

When the lights flickered, I decided against using the computer in my office. We've been having lots of storms and power outages. The lights on the island usually don't flicker and go right out. They flicker off and on, off and on, off and on. It's really hard on the appliances. Doesn't even give the computer a chance to go all the way off, so the surge protector doesn't get a chance to work. So I opted to use the laptop downstairs instead. And within minutes of getting on the computer, we heard an ear-splitting "crack" followed by a thunderous roar. The house shook so violently that I thought the windows would all shatter. At first I thought the house had been struck by lightning.

When we saw the damage in my office, both dh and I realized how close I'd come to being a victim of that tree. I'm really exhausted now, so I won't say more tonight. We have a lot of work ahead of us... not sure if we'll be going on our cruise to Mexico now or not. But God is good, and we are truly thankful. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #229

Raini, I saw your house and I am amazed that you weren't killed! I am so happy that you are still with us. Hopefully you can find some rest soon and enjoy your family and friends at this time.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dusk- God bless you and your family, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #231

.. hope your house is coming along well. .. for you all
Old 11-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hugs and prayers gladly accepted!!!

So far, the tree has been removed from the house and huge blue tarps are covering the mess and keeping most of the rain out. We did end up with ice melting from the roof and running through the ceiling and walls because the ice was there when the tarp was put on.

The furnace is damaged, but still works some. The house isn't as warm as we'd like, but 67 degrees beats 43 degrees anyday! Tomorrow there will be some more demolition (as if the tree hadn't demolished enough) so they can get to the damaged rafters, roof and floor joists. We have the main damaged room closed up, but there was also damage to the room below it, the guest bathroom next to it, and the guest bedroom on the other side. They may also have to tear out some of the walls and/or ceiling of our master bedroom. It's going to look lots worse, I'm afraid, before it gets better.

Today we made the final decision to cancel our cruise. There's just no way we can leave with everything opened up like it is. We need to be here to make decisions. Our contractor said that there was no way to postpone the work for a week for us to be gone... the weather is just too bad to leave things the way they are.

I KNOW I'm lucky to be alive, but I've heard it so many times that I'm getting a little weary of it. People (not here) have insinuated that the house and contents are "just stuff" and everything will work out eventually. Of course I know that! But it's the "here and now" that is difficult, not the "eventually." It was going to SIL's instead of having all my kids here that hurt. It's knowing we'll probably have to tell them not to come for Christmas, too, that hurts. Dealing with the insurance company is a pain. Dealing with sub-contractors that aren't careful with our stuff is a pain. Being scared out of our wits everytime we hear a bump or a knock or a thump is getting really old fast.

Finding broken stuff is hard. Yep, it's all just "stuff." Some is replaceable, but some is not. I had a little "Flower" the skunk (by Disney) figurine that disappeared. Haven't even found the broken remains. Flower was one of two figurines that my mom had before she died. It took me several years to find this one, and now its gone. Ditto for a Beatrix Potter figurine of a frog eating a sandwich- one of my favorites, and I bought him
because my daughter loves frogs.

Unpacking my suitcases is difficult... a constant reminder that we get to stay in this cold house instead of enjoying a nice cruise to a warm vacation.

Pity-party over... for now. I am thankful for all of the friends that have been praying for us, for the meals offered and for other offers of help. (We've turned down meal offers because of my low carb needs. I'm afraid I'll look too picky! LOL)

I'm thankful dh got my PC and printer set up in our master bedroom. I had so many documents to print out for the insurance company, and I really didn't want to have to go elsewhere to do this.

I'd like to get back to my exercising and meal planning. Kind of hard with sub-contractors running in and out of here with no notice. Dh brought one in while I was in the dining room sitting in my jammies!!! But I know it would do me a lot of good, and I need to make the effort.

Now I'm going to go spend some time with dh before he heads for bed. G'nite all.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #233

Hey Raini, I'm really sorry for all the trouble this is causing you emotionally. I can't imagine what you're going through.

May I share my favorite video with you?

CMT : Videos : Craig Morgan : This Ain't Nothin'
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

dusk- That's the nicest thing anyone has done for me so far! Yeah, I do know that in the big scope of things, "This Ain't Nothin'." And I do try to remember that, hour by hour, as we go through each day. It's just the process of getting things back to normal is really stressful. And I keep reliving the night it happened... the sickening sounds, the roar like a train coming through the house (similar to the sounds you hear in a really bad earthquake), the house shaking and the feeling that a bomb had just gone off in the house. And just as I was typing that last sentence, one of the sub-contractors dropped something on the floor above me, and the cats and I just about went through the roof! But you're right... it really "Ain't Nothin'."

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but the same night trees fell on at least 5 houses here on the island. Our pastor (who is an EMT in the fire department) said that there was not one single person on the island injured during that storm. But in Dupont, a little town on the mainland not far from here, a man was in bed when a tree came into his house. He was pushed through the floor and landed on the first story below him. Last I heard he was in critical condition. He'd recently lost his wife, and his mom had just moved in with him to help him care for his son who has leukemia.

Thank you for sharing the video. I needed that!

Raini
Old 11-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #235

You're so welcome. I know there is going to be stressful times getting life back in order, but if we keep remembering "This Ain't Nothin'" then it might help us get through those times a little bit better.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #236

you two make me wanna cry...

Raini.... I am sorry as well about all this and I will keep praying but remember.. God doesn't put on us more then we can handle.. and everything does happen for a reason.. your house will be back to new in no time....

D.. was so sweet to find that video for our friend ..

I was coming on to catch up but now the hubs and Kayden want on here to play their games.. so I will TRY to get back on this evening.. if not.. tomorrow at work for sure
Old 11-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spent the day dealing with insurance companies and getting our airline tickets and cruise cancelled. It'll be at least a month before we get any refunds. Hopefully they have all the info they need... I FAX'd 14 pages to the travel insurance people.

I exercised before any sub-contractors came over this morning. Hey, am I picky? They let their dogs run all over our yard, digging it up and pooping everywhere. Yeah, it doesn't look so great right now, since the tree landed on most of it; but still... we'd like it to be nice again and those dogs aren't helping. And our cats hate having them out there... they run from window to window all day, keeping an eye on them. They know they don't belong there. I do love dogs, but these aren't well-behaved at all. Yesterday they were trying to pee in our garage, and that is NOT okay!!!

The local news tonight announced another storm for tonight, but just said "in various areas." They predicted winds up to 65 mph. Heaven help us! I can't imagine sitting up all night through another storm.

An insurance adjuster from Phoenix flew in today, and will catch an early ferry to see the damage. He sounds nice, and seems like he is eager to help.

I've got to get back on program! I just don't seem to have the time to prepare the right foods; and when I do eat LC, I still feel like I want to snack on non-LC foods. Must be the stress.

Dh has been such a sweetie-pie today. This past week he's barely said a word to me unless he needs me to call someone for him or find info related to the storm damage. But today he has been very attentive, and keeps checking on me... says I'm working too hard and need to take a break. Even fixed dinner! Guess I'll take the "husband for sale" ad off Craigslist.

I'm so cold! Going to layer up for the evening! Dh let me order new Cuddl Duds, and I can hardly wait for them to get here.

'Nite everyone!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:34 AM   #238

Quote:
Spent the day dealing with insurance companies and getting our airline tickets and cruise cancelled. It'll be at least a month before we get any refunds. Hopefully they have all the info they need... I FAX'd 14 pages to the travel insurance people.

I exercised before any sub-contractors came over this morning. Hey, am I picky? They let their dogs run all over our yard, digging it up and pooping everywhere. Yeah, it doesn't look so great right now, since the tree landed on most of it; but still... we'd like it to be nice again and those dogs aren't helping. And our cats hate having them out there... they run from window to window all day, keeping an eye on them. They know they don't belong there. I do love dogs, but these aren't well-behaved at all. Yesterday they were trying to pee in our garage, and that is NOT okay!!!

The local news tonight announced another storm for tonight, but just said "in various areas." They predicted winds up to 65 mph. Heaven help us! I can't imagine sitting up all night through another storm.

An insurance adjuster from Phoenix flew in today, and will catch an early ferry to see the damage. He sounds nice, and seems like he is eager to help.

I've got to get back on program! I just don't seem to have the time to prepare the right foods; and when I do eat LC, I still feel like I want to snack on non-LC foods. Must be the stress.

Dh has been such a sweetie-pie today. This past week he's barely said a word to me unless he needs me to call someone for him or find info related to the storm damage. But today he has been very attentive, and keeps checking on me... says I'm working too hard and need to take a break. Even fixed dinner! Guess I'll take the "husband for sale" ad off Craigslist.

I'm so cold! Going to layer up for the evening! Dh let me order new Cuddl Duds, and I can hardly wait for them to get here.

'Nite everyone!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Some Bozo called at 6:23 this morning from the cruiseline to try to see if we wanted to book another cruise! I couldn't believe the nerve of the guy- we forfeited the entire cost of the cruise, they wouldn't even consider giving our friends an upgrade to the stateroom we lost (we had a balcony, they have an inside cabin) and the day after we cancel they call to try to sell us another cruise. Like pouring salt in the wound. If it was any other cruiseline I'd vow never to book a cruise with them; but I've looked forward to trying Holland America for a long time.

The insurance adjuster flew up from Phoenix yesterday and is supposed to be here now. If I'd known he'd be this late, I would have exercised and had my breakfast by now. I hope I'm not going to be Ms Grumpy Bear all day! Seems like the day isn't starting off so well.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maybe I need to watch dusk's video again...