LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
YOUR LIGHT IS STILL ON lol.. so your not really off the pc..
Possibly guilty as charged... I popped back in a few times, but mostly was working on our RV plans... trip planning, mileage charts, menus, packing lists, etc. I think that both of our new PCs keep the past pages signed in and "alive" even while we go on to other things. That being said, I guess you could say "Light's on... but nobody's home."

I got tons of stuff done already, but I haven't gotten dressed yet. I know I have to since company is coming. Need to exercise before she shows up.

Oh-oh-oh!!! I am working on a notebook with recipes, menus and daily To-Do lists for our trip. Hoping it will help me stay focused and organized in the RV. All I have left to do with it now is to match up the menus with the recipes I plan to use, and get those recipes from my "home" recipe book and transfer them to the travel notebook. I'm a smart (low carb) cookie!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B- omelet with bacon, cheese and tomato
L- pizza base, roast beef and barbecue sauce
S- 5 macadamia nuts
D- spaghetti squash, kielbasa and jalapeno poppers
Don't know if I'll have a snack tonight. Maybe a few more mac nuts or maybe part of a Pumpkin Bake tart.

I exercised with the video, and also did one session on the rebounder. Had planned to do three sessions, so I'm disappointed but not devastated. I also vacuumed a large part of the house and did a lot of cleaning and baking. I haven't been sitting too much!

My friend arrived late, but also brought her dd and two gks with her. They'll be staying at their cottage, which is about 1 mile from here. I'm very fond of her dd... would have been nicer if I'd known ahead of time so I didn't have unrealistic expectations about our time together. I know we'll still have fun playing Scrabble, but guess we won't be going out with the island ladies for lunch because no one ever brings toddlers to that.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/315/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-30.7)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I exercised with the video, and also did one session on the rebounder. Had planned to do three sessions, so I'm disappointed but not devastated. I also vacuumed a large part of the house and did a lot of cleaning and baking. I haven't been sitting too much!
What a good example you are for me!

Quote:
My friend arrived late, but also brought her dd and two gks with her.
GKS?

. . . . geeks?

dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
What a good example you are for me!

GKS?

. . . . geeks?

Grandkids....
Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Popping in for a quick review of the day. Dh has gone to a friend's house for a bit and I have a little time to myself.... ahhh!

I went to some garage sales and a sale at the community club first thing this morning, so when I got home I had lots to do in the way of packing for our trip. I think I did about 6 hours of non-stop trip-related stuff before finally getting to some e-mails and sneaking in a game of Scrabble on Pogo.

Breakfast was an egg with 2.5 carbs worth of kielbasa.
Lunch was Sassy Chicken Salad - carbs less than 4
Snack was a stick of cheddar/string cheese
Dinner was steak and green beans

I'm not hungry but feel like eating more and I don't know why. I grabbed a piece of Xyli-Chew gum and hope that will take care of me for awhile. I do have Pumpkin Pie Bake that needs to be eaten up or frozen.

So far, I haven't had much exercise today. Just one session on the Rebounder. I should go do my video while dh is out of the house. I hate to start slacking off now!

I'm thinking I'm about 70% done with the packing. Tomorrow we'll do the freezer stuff and more clothes and maybe gather some craft projects for me to work on while we're gone. Monday we'll finish up the packing and I'll give the house a good cleaning.

Tonight I'm going to look over our itinerary and see if it needs some tweaking. I noticed that one of our campgrounds takes us about 75 miles out of our way for the next one. When you're talking 6 miles per gallon, that's a bunch. I need to figure out if it's worth it, or if we can go there after the beach trip instead. (Then it will be on the way home.)
Old 09-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #186

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Popping in for a quick review of the day. Dh has gone to a friend's house for a bit and I have a little time to myself.... ahhh!

I went to some garage sales and a sale at the community club first thing this morning, so when I got home I had lots to do in the way of packing for our trip. I think I did about 6 hours of non-stop trip-related stuff before finally getting to some e-mails and sneaking in a game of Scrabble on Pogo.

Breakfast was an egg with 2.5 carbs worth of kielbasa.
Lunch was Sassy Chicken Salad - carbs less than 4
Snack was a stick of cheddar/string cheese
Dinner was steak and green beans

I'm not hungry but feel like eating more and I don't know why. I grabbed a piece of Xyli-Chew gum and hope that will take care of me for awhile. I do have Pumpkin Pie Bake that needs to be eaten up or frozen.

So far, I haven't had much exercise today. Just one session on the Rebounder. I should go do my video while dh is out of the house. I hate to start slacking off now!

I'm thinking I'm about 70% done with the packing. Tomorrow we'll do the freezer stuff and more clothes and maybe gather some craft projects for me to work on while we're gone. Monday we'll finish up the packing and I'll give the house a good cleaning.

Tonight I'm going to look over our itinerary and see if it needs some tweaking. I noticed that one of our campgrounds takes us about 75 miles out of our way for the next one. When you're talking 6 miles per gallon, that's a bunch. I need to figure out if it's worth it, or if we can go there after the beach trip instead. (Then it will be on the way home.)
that sounds better
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Totally bummed today to get on the scales expecting to see at least a 3 pound loss and saw a 2.5 pound gain! I don't get it... I'm keeping my carb count way down... usually between 12 and 17 but maybe but perhaps two days the in the 10 days it was as high as 22. I do know that I'm retaining fluids because one ankle is swollen. Hopefully that is the culprit.

It scares me, because if I can gain weight when I'm trying so faithfully to lose it, how much more would I be gaining if I wasn't trying to lose? I mean, when I pass up things I really love, I can usually tell myself that "one of these days, when I'm at goal, I can have something like this once in awhile."

The RV is almost all packed, and I have busted my bum working on menus and getting foods in order for preparing recipes while we're away. I'm glad I had the mindset to do it now, because I know it would be really bad to be unprepared. It's when I have nothing ready that dh suggests going out for a fast food meal. Okay, I confess... I have suggested it, too.

I really want to take the scales and I hope dh will help me find a safe place for it in the RV. I think I gained 10 pounds on our last trip. That can't happen this time!!! It CAN'T!!!! I have told two of the friends we'll be seeing that I am totally committed to this WOE and that I have no intentions of straying from it. They've both agreed that it's time to stay strong, so I know that neither of them will try to offer me anything I can't have. (We already had the S'mores discussion!)

Tomorrow should be easy-peasy. Breakfast will be a buffet and I plan to have an omelet with cheese, bacon and tomato. Lunch will be something small... maybe a bar or shake. Dinner will be another buffet, and I'm sticking to meat and veggies... maybe a salad.

Off I go to exercise! I may or may not check in one more time today, and after that it will be very sporadic... just as we hit WIFI's and libraries.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #188

well you have a super time and post when you can .. I will miss you bunches.. and I'll pray for you all nightly ..
Old 09-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Monet! We always appreciate prayers for "traveling mercies." Right now I could use some for "packing mercies." LOL I just have to work on finding craft projects for the road... should have started a lot earlier and had stamping supplies and all the stuff ready to make Christmas cards. I don't seem to know how to do "simple" so if I can't come up with an idea this evening, no stamping supplies will be going for Christmas card making. <sigh>

My favorite exercise video is on VHS, and we no longer have a VHS player in the RV. We got a DVD player, since DVDs take up a lot less room. Anyway, dh recorded the sound from my video so at least I can listen to it and do the exercises in the RV. A good back-up if the weather is crummy and we can't get out to walk.

At least three of the campgrounds have nice exercise rooms, but I'm not sure how much privacy. The third above-mentioned exercise room had mostly weight lifting "manly-type" stuff, but the other two have a good combination. As far as I know, just two campgrounds will have indoor pools. The others all all outdoors and I'm sure they're closed for the season by now.

I exercised and have stayed 100% on plan today.

B- 2 eggs
S- cheese stick
L- Atkins bar
S- 2.5 carbs worth of kielbasa and 2 pieces of bacon
D- probably hamburgers, leftover salad

Back to the grind... dh will be coming up to shut down the computer, the WiFi router, etc. We have too many power outages on the island to leave expensive equipment plugged in when we're gone.

Take good care of all the LCFs while I'm gone!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #190

Quote:
Thanks, Monet! We always appreciate prayers for "traveling mercies." Right now I could use some for "packing mercies." LOL I just have to work on finding craft projects for the road... should have started a lot earlier and had stamping supplies and all the stuff ready to make Christmas cards. I don't seem to know how to do "simple" so if I can't come up with an idea this evening, no stamping supplies will be going for Christmas card making. <sigh>

My favorite exercise video is on VHS, and we no longer have a VHS player in the RV. We got a DVD player, since DVDs take up a lot less room. Anyway, dh recorded the sound from my video so at least I can listen to it and do the exercises in the RV. A good back-up if the weather is crummy and we can't get out to walk.

At least three of the campgrounds have nice exercise rooms, but I'm not sure how much privacy. The third above-mentioned exercise room had mostly weight lifting "manly-type" stuff, but the other two have a good combination. As far as I know, just two campgrounds will have indoor pools. The others all all outdoors and I'm sure they're closed for the season by now.

B- 2 eggs
S- cheese stick
L- Atkins bar

Back to the grind... dh will be coming up to shut down the computer, the WiFi router, etc. We have too many power outages on the island to leave expensive equipment plugged in when we're gone.

Have FUN!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #191

Quote:
Totally bummed today to get on the scales expecting to see at least a 3 pound loss and saw a 2.5 pound gain! I don't get it... I'm keeping my carb count way down... usually between 12 and 17 but maybe but perhaps two days the in the 10 days it was as high as 22. I do know that I'm retaining fluids because one ankle is swollen. Hopefully that is the culprit.
Don't worry about it . . . you're working the plan and it will work for you. Your body is just doing some weird and funky things right now. Just hang tight and it will release when it's ready to.

Quote:
I really want to take the scales and I hope dh will help me find a safe place for it in the RV. I think I gained 10 pounds on our last trip. That can't happen this time!!! It CAN'T!!!! I have told two of the friends we'll be seeing that I am totally committed to this WOE and that I have no intentions of straying from it. They've both agreed that it's time to stay strong, so I know that neither of them will try to offer me anything I can't have. (We already had the S'mores discussion!)
I'm glad you've let them know. It'll help you stay honest.

Quote:

B- 2 eggs
S- cheese stick
L- Atkins bar

great job sticking to plan and I hope you all have a great time!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #192

sURE hope your havinhg a great time... I miss ya
Old 10-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Arrrgggghhhh... I stayed SO well on plan for the first part of our vacation. I fell off the wagon at a Chinese buffet, and none of what I ate was any good!

We were away from the RV and it was dinner time. We popped into the buffet to see what they had to eat. Dh asked me to look at the foods to make sure there were things I could have, and I did. Yep... there were cucumbers, broccoli, chicken, fish, beef- all kinds of great-looking stuff. I gave him the go-ahead, even though it was a more expensive buffet than we usually go to. But when I had my plate full and started eating, everything was absolutely awful! The cucumbers were the most bitter, nasty things you can imagine. The chicken was tough and impossible to chew. You couldn't even cut the fish... it was like cardboard. Dh said, "Don't eat it if you don't like it." Well, eating it wasn't an option anyway. I pushed it around my plate for awhile, getting hungrier by the minute. Dh then went to get dessert for himself, and offered me a bite of his cake. And then, this devoted low-carber who had been 110% faithful to this WOE for weeks, passed up the cake he offered and went to get her own piece! And topped it with ice cream, if I remember correctly. <sigh> I also went back up to the buffet and loaded up my plate with high carb garbage. The only good news in this story is that the other foods were just as bad as the low carb foods were, so I didn't eat much. (But to add insult to injury, the owner of the restaurant kept coming to our table and telling us how wonderful all the food was and how most of their customers are repeat customers that come back over and over again. I found it hard to believe, since there were no more than about 7 people in there the entire time we were there.)

So, as most (if not all) low-carbers learn at some point, once you've slipped up, the cravings come back and it is harder than ever to get back on track. The last week and a half has been one "just this once" after another, and a way-too-gleeful dh has aided and abetted all the way. Grrrrrrr!!!

Last night I decided that enough was enough. I planned today's meals and was determined to stick to LC again. Guess I should have made the rules clear to DH, though, because today he has offered to buy me fudge at our favorite fudge shop, pizza at an arcade and passed a bag of chips to me in the Jeep after we'd just gotten done walking 2 and 1/2 miles and I hadn't had lunch! But I said, "No thank you... go ahead and have some if you like" each and every time. Yay me!!!

Here's today's meals:
B- 3 slices bacon and 2 eggs
L- nada... we weren't here
S- 2 sticks string cheese, 8 nuts
D- elk roast, green beans with mayo and horseradish

I''m still pretty scared. It took so long to get my head back into this WOE and I truly wish I hadn't cheated at all in the first place. But today was a good start back in the right direction. I do have to tell DH "the rules" though. One would think that he would have figured it out after I said "no" to the offending foods, but then one would be wrong. So, in fairness to him, and probably a big help to me, I do need to tell him that even though I really screwed up, I am committed to getting back on program.

And then pray I can stick with it....
Old 10-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #194

Hope you are having a good time!!
Quote:
Arrrgggghhhh... I stayed SO well on plan for the first part of our vacation. I fell off the wagon at a Chinese buffet, and none of what I ate was any good!
Ahhhh . . . the dreaded chinese food. The ban of my existance!

Quote:
So, as most (if not all) low-carbers learn at some point, once you've slipped up, the cravings come back and it is harder than ever to get back on track. The last week and a half has been one "just this once" after another, and a way-too-gleeful dh has aided and abetted all the way. Grrrrrrr!!!
Yeah . . . I know. But forgive yourself and move forward, right?

Quote:
Last night I decided that enough was enough.
GOOD FOR YOU!

Quote:
I do have to tell DH "the rules" though. One would think that he would have figured it out after I said "no" to the offending foods, but then one would be wrong. So, in fairness to him, and probably a big help to me, I do need to tell him that even though I really screwed up, I am committed to getting back on program.
Yeah, that will help because he has seen the rules change so much . . . On any given day, he probably isn't sure what the rules of the day are. I know if I were married, my husband would be in a constant state of confusion. I think I would have to tell him each morning when we got up which rules applied for the day.

Quote:
You CAN! Be the little engine that could!

Last edited by dusk; 10-07-2010 at 01:01 AM..
Old 10-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #195

Quote:

We were away from the RV and it was dinner time. We popped into the buffet to see what they had to eat. Dh asked me to look at the foods to make sure there were things I could have, and I did. Yep... there were cucumbers, broccoli, chicken, fish, beef- all kinds of great-looking stuff. I gave him the go-ahead, even though it was a more expensive buffet than we usually go to. But when I had my plate full and started eating, everything was absolutely awful! The cucumbers were the most bitter, nasty things you can imagine. The chicken was tough and impossible to chew. You couldn't even cut the fish... it was like cardboard. Dh said, "Don't eat it if you don't like it." Well, eating it wasn't an option anyway. I pushed it around my plate for awhile, getting hungrier by the minute. Dh then went to get dessert for himself, and offered me a bite of his cake. And then, this devoted low-carber who had been 110% faithful to this WOE for weeks, passed up the cake he offered and went to get her own piece! And topped it with ice cream, if I remember correctly. <sigh> I also went back up to the buffet and loaded up my plate with high carb garbage. The only good news in this story is that the other foods were just as bad as the low carb foods were, so I didn't eat much. (But to add insult to injury, the owner of the restaurant kept coming to our table and telling us how wonderful all the food was and how most of their customers are repeat customers that come back over and over again. I found it hard to believe, since there were no more than about 7 people in there the entire time we were there.)

Last night I decided that enough was enough. I planned today's meals and was determined to stick to LC again. Guess I should have made the rules clear to DH, though, because today he has offered to buy me fudge at our favorite fudge shop, pizza at an arcade and passed a bag of chips to me in the Jeep after we'd just gotten done walking 2 and 1/2 miles and I hadn't had lunch! But I said, "No thank you... go ahead and have some if you like" each and every time. Yay me!!!

Here's today's meals:
B- 3 slices bacon and 2 eggs
L- nada... we weren't here
S- 2 sticks string cheese, 8 nuts
D- elk roast, green beans with mayo and horseradish

I''m still pretty scared. It took so long to get my head back into this WOE and I truly wish I hadn't cheated at all in the first place. But today was a good start back in the right direction. I do have to tell DH "the rules" though. One would think that he would have figured it out after I said "no" to the offending foods, but then one would be wrong. So, in fairness to him, and probably a big help to me, I do need to tell him that even though I really screwed up, I am committed to getting back on program.

So0o0o good to see you my friend.. .. made my day start out a good one just seeing your name ..

so you had 1 bad day.. like D said.. forgive and move on.. you can do it ..

Old 10-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yeah, that will help because he has seen the rules change so much . . . On any given day, he probably isn't sure what the rules of the day are. I know if I were married, my husband would be in a constant state of confusion. I think I would have to tell him each morning when we got up which rules applied for the day.
Yep, I think that DH lives in the state of Confusion! Just this moment told him the new rules! He said he did notice me back on track yesterday, so I'm kind of surprised he kept offering me all that wicked food!

Have an amazingly fantastic day, D!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Just missed a morning walk with the friend I went to high school with... she's more ambitious than I am. Plans to walk the hills behind the resort where we're "camping" and won't be back for over an hour. I walk about an hour at home, and I'm no stranger to hills, but I don't want to get all sweaty just before we head out for the day. I'll get my exercise in later.

Gonna follow Lisa's example and have bacon and eggs for breakfast again today! Need to pack appropriate foods because I think we'll be in Astoria at lunch time, and don't know where our friends are going to want to eat.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #197

Old 10-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okey-dokey then... plans changed after I last wrote here. Before I could have breakfast here, our friends called and wanted us to go out with them for breakfast. I knew it would still be awhile, though; so I didn't want to show up there overly hungry. So I had an Atkins bar before we left, and then planned ahead for what I'd have once we got to Ginger's breakfast place.

I told the owner that I wanted to just order what I could have... a breakfast scramble with eggs, bacon, green peppers, onions and tomatoes. It usually comes with hash browns and toast and I told him I did NOT want to see any such thing on my plate. But when DH started making a pouty boo-boo face because he had hoped for the hash browns and toast to come to him, I relented and said they could come with my breakfast but had better not show up on my plate. The owner, with a good sense of humor, came back and asked DH, "What kind of toast doesn't your wife want with her breakfast?" We all had a great laugh over that.

I did have a nice walk from the mall back to the resort after shopping all day.

We didn't eat again until after 4 pm... which was supposed to be a late lunch or something, but ended up being our last meal for the day so I guess it was dinner. I'd made a tuna salad, sans lettuce, and had leftovers of that. I did snack rather heavily later on, on nuts but I was afraid I'd eat something worse if I didn't.

Today's meals were:
B- heart-shaped cream cheese pancakes and a heart-shaped fried egg
L- left-over elk roast with cauliflower
S- nuts (rats!)
d- Tony Roma ribs with the sauce rinsed off ($5.00 a package, and usually $14.99!)

I think I'll try to find a cupboard with room for the nuts so I won't be tempted tomorrow.

Heading to bed now. Tomorrow may (or may not be) our last day with our friends here in the same resort. Also, SIL and BIL will be here tomorrow. Big day!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:43 AM   #199

That's the way to be assertive! Great job, Raini!!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #200

Quote:
Okey-dokey then... plans changed after I last wrote here. Before I could have breakfast here, our friends called and wanted us to go out with them for breakfast. I knew it would still be awhile, though; so I didn't want to show up there overly hungry. So I had an Atkins bar before we left, and then planned ahead for what I'd have once we got to Ginger's breakfast place.

I told the owner that I wanted to just order what I could have... a breakfast scramble with eggs, bacon, green peppers, onions and tomatoes. It usually comes with hash browns and toast and I told him I did NOT want to see any such thing on my plate. But when DH started making a pouty boo-boo face because he had hoped for the hash browns and toast to come to him, I relented and said they could come with my breakfast but had better not show up on my plate. The owner, with a good sense of humor, came back and asked DH, "What kind of toast doesn't your wife want with her breakfast?" We all had a great laugh over that.

I did have a nice walk from the mall back to the resort after shopping all day.

We didn't eat again until after 4 pm... which was supposed to be a late lunch or something, but ended up being our last meal for the day so I guess it was dinner. I'd made a tuna salad, sans lettuce, and had leftovers of that. I did snack rather heavily later on, on nuts but I was afraid I'd eat something worse if I didn't.

Today's meals were:
B- heart-shaped cream cheese pancakes and a heart-shaped fried egg
L- left-over elk roast with cauliflower
S- nuts (rats!)
d- Tony Roma ribs with the sauce rinsed off ($5.00 a package, and usually $14.99!)

I think I'll try to find a cupboard with room for the nuts so I won't be tempted tomorrow.

Heading to bed now. Tomorrow may (or may not be) our last day with our friends here in the same resort. Also, SIL and BIL will be here tomorrow. Big day!
don't worry so much about the nuts sweet pea.. sooo much better then something else we can't have,, so kuddos to you!!

enjoy your day!!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Dusk and Lisa! I think I'm back in the game!

So... shopping today.... I bought a huge purse at a Liz Claiborne shop today for $15! If I remember correctly, the regular price would have been over $100. SIL was really excited, because the purses had 4 leaf clovers on them and she's big into Irish stuff. She bought one for her and one for her DIL for Christmas.

I don't usually carry a very big purse, but this will be a carry-on disguised as a purse for the airlines. LOL When our DD last flew recently, the airline had changed their policy for the size of carry-ons. Now they count the wheels in the measurements and DD's carry-on, that she had been taking with her for years, was declared too big. She and her BF had to pay $144 for luggage to Vegas! She pointed out that the overhead bins are the same size and her carry-on would have fit the same as it always has. Anyway, if I have to take (or even buy) a smaller carry-on, at least I'll have extra room in my purse.

Also bought.... (drum roll, please) Sketchers Shape-Ups for just $79. The saleslady kind of talked me into the gray and pink ones, but I may exchange them for the silver ones.

There's a thread here somewhere where someone wanted to know what others thought of these shoes. Well, first of all, they felt wonderful when I put them on, and I really didn't want to take them off but it is raining terribly and I didn't want them all muddied up. Then the saleslady said that she started working there a year and a half ago and wasn't sure she could work a job where she had to be on her feet all day. She said that she has bad knees and they swell up something awful. But she bought a pair of the Shape Ups and has had no problems with her knees since. She now owns three pairs and loves 'em. I don't have to take her word, though... I have 30 days to wear them and can return them if I need to. SIL says there is the same store in Tacoma, and I can return them there if I need to. I'm excited!

We're having a big wind and rain storm right now. The RV is really rocking and we have a pretty weak WiFi connection. Think I'll sign off for today!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #202

Great buys on the purse and shoes,,

I bought some Danskins that are like the shape ups.. but for only 20 bucks.. I didn't care for them.. I went for a walk in them and didn't think I was gonna be able to make it home.... I was so excited to get the,.. but didn't work for me,.. now.. they were NOT sketchers.. so they could be different??? ... let us know how you like them.. oh and also.. I have flat feet.. may have alot to do with it.. they had a high ache... and thats not good for flat feet..

hope your storm blows over soon and you have a great day tomorrow..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 10-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The jury is still out on the Sketchers. Yup... I have flat feet, too. And they really ached while I worked out on the treadmill today. (I'm just using them indoors until I know if I'm gonna keep 'em.) But what bothered me most is that my heels moved up and down as I walked... like they were going up but the shoes weren't following. So the backs of the shoes rubbed on my heels as I walked... not enough to make blisters because the insides of the shoes are so wonderfully soft and cushy.

We're going to a neat Cajun restaurant for dinner... it's our anniversary! Our friends wanted to know if they could go with us, or did we want to be alone. We really thought it would be fun to share this experience, and honestly, DH and I get to be alone a lot anyway. LOL I just hope they took the hint and looked up the menu on the internet, because it's not cheap!

So, I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill, and then walked about 15 minutes toward one of the clubhouses. Dh was on his way over there with the Jeep, so he took me the last few minutes.

Then I played ping pong for an hour and ten minutes, and then walked back to the RV... about 20 minutes more. Last (and probably least!) I walked to the showers, washed away the sweat and grime and then walked back to the RV. We may swim laps tonight... I hope so! Once again, it may be our friends' last night at the resort. (They've been having to get reservations one or two days at a time. They aren't members of this resort, and there are only a certain number of sites reserved for R.O.D. members. So far they've been able to stay 8 days when originally it just looked like they could stay for two! We're hoping for more time for them, though.)

Almost time to go to dinner!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #204

Happy Anniversary girly!!.. enjoy your evening..
Old 10-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today's meals:
B- egg, bacon and pork rinds French toast
L- sassy chicken salad over lettuce
D- steak and coleslaw
S- nuts, tea

It was the most beautiful day at the beach! We drove to Cannon beach and parked by the ocean. There we ate our picnic lunch on a bench, watching the waves, and people and dogs. After we ate, we walked for an hour on the beach. I walked barefoot and in the water much of the time. It felt so amazing... something I've done many times and probably took for granted. But today, for some reason, it just seemed better than ever. I've always thought that my favorite place on earth was Megan's Beach in St. Thomas, swimming in the warm, crystal blue water. Today's experience ran a close second, I'm sure!

And speaking of favorite places, I found a puzzle today of Multnomah Falls. Multnomah Falls has long been one of my favorite places, and I love going there any time I can. So to find a puzzle of this, for 25 cents, was surely a special blessing.

Time for bed!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:12 AM   #206

Oh Raini! Your discription made me feel like I was there. I could swear I could even hear the seagulls.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #207

Quote:
Oh Raini! Your discription made me feel like I was there. I could swear I could even hear the seagulls.

so glad your having a wonderful time.. breath some of that nice warm ocean air in for me
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #208

Hope your having a great time hun.. I miss ya..
Old 11-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Looks who's home... Didn't really want to come back because we were having so much fun, but we have work to do on the house and yard and gardens before the holidays.

Also... I messed up really bad as far as LC goes. Gave in to temptation every time it raised it's ugly head. So my big plans for losing weight while away went straight down the drain and I probably gained weight instead. I haven't been on the scales and probably won't until next Monday.

I could use up a lot of energy beating myself up over this, but it wouldn't help at all. So I've gotten back on track with both eating and exercise. I feel better already.

As much fun as we had, I'm afraid to go back because of my pattern of cheating while not at home. I stayed pretty much on track while we were at the beach, but not when we went to the last place. Dh has his favorite Chinese restaurant there, and we have another favorite place that doesn't have low carb options. I did REALLY well at one of the buffets, and we went there two or three times. I ate meat and salad and didn't touch the desserts. If I could have eaten there every day I probably would have done great.

I probably won't be online a lot for awhile. I have lots to do to catch up around here. And I want to be exercising more than sitting on my bum! ( I DID exercise today and it felt great!)

I missed everyone here. Hope you all faired well!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #210

Quote:
Looks who's home... Didn't really want to come back because we were having so much fun, but we have work to do on the house and yard and gardens before the holidays.

Also... I messed up really bad as far as LC goes. Gave in to temptation every time it raised it's ugly head. So my big plans for losing weight while away went straight down the drain and I probably gained weight instead. I haven't been on the scales and probably won't until next Monday.

I could use up a lot of energy beating myself up over this, but it wouldn't help at all. So I've gotten back on track with both eating and exercise. I feel better already.

As much fun as we had, I'm afraid to go back because of my pattern of cheating while not at home. I stayed pretty much on track while we were at the beach, but not when we went to the last place. Dh has his favorite Chinese restaurant there, and we have another favorite place that doesn't have low carb options. I did REALLY well at one of the buffets, and we went there two or three times. I ate meat and salad and didn't touch the desserts. If I could have eaten there every day I probably would have done great.

I probably won't be online a lot for awhile. I have lots to do to catch up around here. And I want to be exercising more than sitting on my bum! ( I DID exercise today and it felt great!)

I missed everyone here. Hope you all faired well!
I am so glad you all had a great time.. but I am also SO)O)O glad your back.. safe and sound.. ..

as far as fairing well.. nope.. I went off and stayed off.. with every intention into getting back into it.. but have failed miserably..;(.. I lay in bed every night telling myself I HAVE to get back to it.. I get up.. eat a good brekki.. and lunch.. then I get home and its all she wrote..:blush:

pray for me please .. I need to do this!