Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #1501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Funniest thing- everyone was encouraged to bring snacky stuff to the class, but only one lady brought anything to share, and that was organic grapes and some other fruit (don't even remember.) And when we had our lunches, I think every single woman had brought a salad for her lunch, which was cool. My salad was gorgeous, if I may say so myself, and too big to finish at lunch. We have a 'fridge in the car, so I was able to put it away and have it the next day.

I have lost 7 and 1/2 pounds since I started eating salads almost every day. I haven't mentioned that to dh because I want to wait until he notices on his own. I'm not in a hurry... I know it will take awhile to show, but at least it feels good now. I have so much more energy and less aches and pains.

A good friend just learned that her husband has been cheating on her for two years, and he said it is because he doesn't like that she is overweight. I know my dh loves me and accepts me as I am, but it sure did shake me to my core to hear that. All those old insecurities are trying to snake their way back into my mind- like when dh and I were dating and I weighed 133 and he told me to get back in the swimming pool because my legs were too fat. Hey, there is NOTHING anyone can ever say to me that will convince me I look okay in a swimsuit these days! But all I can do is keep plugging away. I may not be a very fast loser, but at least I'm not a quitter.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #1502
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
Funniest thing- everyone was encouraged to bring snacky stuff to the class, but only one lady brought anything to share, and that was organic grapes and some other fruit (don't even remember.) And when we had our lunches, I think every single woman had brought a salad for her lunch, which was cool. My salad was gorgeous, if I may say so myself, and too big to finish at lunch. We have a 'fridge in the car, so I was able to put it away and have it the next day.

I have lost 7 and 1/2 pounds since I started eating salads almost every day. I haven't mentioned that to dh because I want to wait until he notices on his own. I'm not in a hurry... I know it will take awhile to show, but at least it feels good now. I have so much more energy and less aches and pains.

A good friend just learned that her husband has been cheating on her for two years, and he said it is because he doesn't like that she is overweight. I know my dh loves me and accepts me as I am, but it sure did shake me to my core to hear that. All those old insecurities are trying to snake their way back into my mind- like when dh and I were dating and I weighed 133 and he told me to get back in the swimming pool because my legs were too fat. Hey, there is NOTHING anyone can ever say to me that will convince me I look okay in a swimsuit these days! But all I can do is keep plugging away. I may not be a very fast loser, but at least I'm not a quitter.

awesome girly!!

I still say.. if I weighed 133 pounds and someone told me that.. I wouldn't have married them.. :/

I was heavy when I met Chris.. so he doesn't care one iota (sp?)

anywho.. keep it up girly!!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #1503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post

awesome girly!!

I still say.. if I weighed 133 pounds and someone told me that.. I wouldn't have married them.. :/

I was heavy when I met Chris.. so he doesn't care one iota (sp?)

anywho.. keep it up girly!!!
Yeah, he was a pretty big jerk back then, and I shouldn't have married him. But God fixed him up real nice so I like him just fine the way he is now... most of the time!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #1504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I'm rambling alone these days. No one else seems to be around!

So... having a difficult time here. Long story short- we found our neighbor dead in his house yesterday evening. The fire department seems to think he had a massive coronary and we couldn't have helped him, but I still feel the "what if's" haunting me. What if we'd noticed the things around his house that were different? Did he call out for help and we didn't hear him? His bedroom curtains were open, indicating he died during the day. So why was his back porch light on? In the years we have lived here, he turned that light on only one time- when he was coming to a party at our house and knew he'd be going back after dark. So was this some kind of signal to us that he needed help? I don't know... I'm just making myself sick worrying about it and there's nothing anyone can do for him now.

Just a few hours before we realized something was wrong, dh went over there to pick tomatoes. Our neighbor had left a voicemail on our phone that we could help ourselves to anything from his garden anytime- no need to call first. (As a matter of fact, he didn't really like having people call because he had just one phone downstairs and no phones in the upper part of the house where he spent most of his time.) So dh went to pick some tomatoes. He came back with a couple of observations. One: John hadn't been watering his garden, so he probably wasn't feeling well. Dh said he'd probably go back and water the garden for him. Secondly, there were tons of tomatoes, so dh took the ones near the ground, saving the higher-up ones for John so he could pick them more easily. I suggested that dh should pick those as well, and then take them in to John.

Then we tried calling and there was no answer. Dh knocked, then pounded, on all the doors. He heard the TV on, and saw the car in the driveway with windows down and keys in there.

We were pretty used to not seeing our neighbor for days at a time. He had difficulty sleeping, so he told us he stayed awake at night and often slept during the day. There were numerous times when I would ask dh if he had seen John, and I'd be worried but dh would mention that he had seen him drive off in his car earlier that day. I never went over there because I guess he didn't like to get dressed when he was around the house, and dh mentioned that when he'd go over there John would call out that he needed to get dressed before he could answer the door.

Anyway, one minute I want to stuff any food I can grab down my throat, and the next minute I feel like I'll throw up if I eat anything. I guess I just need to ask God to give us the comfort, peace and strength that only He can provide, 'cuz nothing else is working... for sure.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #1505

Quote:
I think I'm rambling alone these days. No one else seems to be around!

So... having a difficult time here. Long story short- we found our neighbor dead in his house yesterday evening. The fire department seems to think he had a massive coronary and we couldn't have helped him, but I still feel the "what if's" haunting me. What if we'd noticed the things around his house that were different? Did he call out for help and we didn't hear him? His bedroom curtains were open, indicating he died during the day. So why was his back porch light on? In the years we have lived here, he turned that light on only one time- when he was coming to a party at our house and knew he'd be going back after dark. So was this some kind of signal to us that he needed help? I don't know... I'm just making myself sick worrying about it and there's nothing anyone can do for him now.

Just a few hours before we realized something was wrong, dh went over there to pick tomatoes. Our neighbor had left a voicemail on our phone that we could help ourselves to anything from his garden anytime- no need to call first. (As a matter of fact, he didn't really like having people call because he had just one phone downstairs and no phones in the upper part of the house where he spent most of his time.) So dh went to pick some tomatoes. He came back with a couple of observations. One: John hadn't been watering his garden, so he probably wasn't feeling well. Dh said he'd probably go back and water the garden for him. Secondly, there were tons of tomatoes, so dh took the ones near the ground, saving the higher-up ones for John so he could pick them more easily. I suggested that dh should pick those as well, and then take them in to John.

Then we tried calling and there was no answer. Dh knocked, then pounded, on all the doors. He heard the TV on, and saw the car in the driveway with windows down and keys in there.

We were pretty used to not seeing our neighbor for days at a time. He had difficulty sleeping, so he told us he stayed awake at night and often slept during the day. There were numerous times when I would ask dh if he had seen John, and I'd be worried but dh would mention that he had seen him drive off in his car earlier that day. I never went over there because I guess he didn't like to get dressed when he was around the house, and dh mentioned that when he'd go over there John would call out that he needed to get dressed before he could answer the door.

Anyway, one minute I want to stuff any food I can grab down my throat, and the next minute I feel like I'll throw up if I eat anything. I guess I just need to ask God to give us the comfort, peace and strength that only He can provide, 'cuz nothing else is working... for sure.
wow..

just been staying away because everyone else is staying away..lol.. not doing well on eating either.. ..
Old 09-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still sad about our neighbor.... kind of hard to not think about him because his house and yard are what we see behind us all day long. His yard looks so much to be a part of our yard that people ask us if that house is part of our "compound" LOL.

I exercised a little yesterday but got interrupted when the police, fire department and coroner arrived to remove the body. The back of our house is like a goldfish bowl to the neighbor's house, and I wasn't about to stand in front of the windows and exercise with all those people there. So I took the cats out to the courtyard and sat in the sun. The courtyard is fenced in and has honeysuckle growing over the fence, so it's private there. But I could hear one of the firefighters laughing and joking with the coroner (who is a woman) and I wanted to go over and slap him. It just seemed so disrespectful to be having fun flirting at such a somber occasion. I just wanted them to leave.

Today I got a late start to my day... slept til 6 am and wanted another 2 hours but couldn't get back to sleep until almost 8:30. Got up at 10:30, paid some bills but haven't eaten or exercised yet. That's next. Then we plan to go sailing for one last time for the year. Dh will be pulling the sailboat out of the water for the winter soon.

A friend loaned me the video "Forks Over Knives" and I finally got brave enough to watch it. Dh watched it with me... admitted that he could be eating better. We've had a few "loud discussions" lately about him not being supportive of me. Started with him throwing a huge container of cookies in our grocery cart on a day that I was really REALLY hungry and my stomach was hurting. I think I'd just told him that a few minutes earlier, so I was really upset when he put the cookies in our cart. He had done the same thing with a container of salted caramel cupcakes a week before, and I'd eaten some right out in the parking lot while we were loading groceries. I think if he wants to eat c--p then he can buy it when I'm not with him and not have it right in my face when I'm having a hard time staying on plan. 'Nuff whining. On with my day.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #1507

I'm gonna look for that on Netflix.. knife and fork thing
Old 09-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #1508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny thing-- well, not so funny for dh but from MY side...

Dh is always eating junk in front of me that neither of us should ever eat. He thinks because he's not overweight that it doesn't matter what he puts in his body. Well, this past week he has been sick- we think he got food poisoning at a buffet. So he has eaten almost nothing, and the one time he tried eating half a sandwich with lunch meat, he ended up back in the bathroom wishing he hadn't eaten. So last night I got a healthy entree out for me, and asked if he minded me heating it up for my dinner. I knew it bothered him because he immediately suggested I could have low carb chili instead. I said no, I preferred the entree I already planned on, and fixed it for myself. He asked for one bite and seemed content with that. Sure different to have HIM wishing he could have something that I'm having instead of the other way around!

We got him to the doc yesterday and he got medicine for his tummy. He's feeling better already. I'm sure he will be back to eating his potato chips, candy and cookies any day now.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #1509

Quote:
Funny thing-- well, not so funny for dh but from MY side...

Dh is always eating junk in front of me that neither of us should ever eat. He thinks because he's not overweight that it doesn't matter what he puts in his body. Well, this past week he has been sick- we think he got food poisoning at a buffet. So he has eaten almost nothing, and the one time he tried eating half a sandwich with lunch meat, he ended up back in the bathroom wishing he hadn't eaten. So last night I got a healthy entree out for me, and asked if he minded me heating it up for my dinner. I knew it bothered him because he immediately suggested I could have low carb chili instead. I said no, I preferred the entree I already planned on, and fixed it for myself. He asked for one bite and seemed content with that. Sure different to have HIM wishing he could have something that I'm having instead of the other way around!

We got him to the doc yesterday and he got medicine for his tummy. He's feeling better already. I'm sure he will be back to eating his potato chips, candy and cookies any day now.
.. sounds like Chris.. he eats all that junk to.. I told him I wnated to check his blood sugar and pressure.. :/ he is lacking the energy he used to have.. he is still hyper.. but he winds down a lot earlier now.. if yu know what I mean..
Old 10-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #1510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am NOT in a salad-making mood right now, but I AM in a salad-EATING mood so I guess I'd better get busy with that. A friend just posted he lunch menu on Facebook and got me drooling.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #1511

Quote:
I am NOT in a salad-making mood right now, but I AM in a salad-EATING mood so I guess I'd better get busy with that. A friend just posted he lunch menu on Facebook and got me drooling.
you have a face book and I'm not on your friends list?? waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #1512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
you have a face book and I'm not on your friends list?? waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
No crying! Check your pm.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #1513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh... I woke up at 5 am again. Today I didn't even try to go back to bed because what's been happening is that I wake up too early and can't get back to sleep until about 8 or 8:30. Then I sleep to 10:30 and feel like my day is wasted. So here I sit, tired and yawning.

I'm supposed to be planning menus, but I'm too groggy and scatter-brained right now to concentrate. Maybe I'll feel better if I exercise.

BTW- Exercise is more the norm for me now than not. It still takes me awhile to get around to it, but once I start I am glad I did. And I really miss it if I miss a day. Whew--- what it takes to get to this point! But worth it, for sure.

Breakfast was Barley Max, kholrabi (okay, I don't know how to spell it!!!) and hummus. I cannot believe how good that was! yummmm....
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #1514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My internet is screwy today.... I ordered a new modem 'cuz that's what "they" think it is. Just wanted friends to know why I'm not posting (if I'm not!) It shows the internet working when it's not, and keeps working off and on... mostly off! Posting this quick while it's on!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #1515

Quote:
My internet is screwy today.... I ordered a new modem 'cuz that's what "they" think it is. Just wanted friends to know why I'm not posting (if I'm not!) It shows the internet working when it's not, and keeps working off and on... mostly off! Posting this quick while it's on!
well I hope you get it working
Old 10-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So much for "One day shipping." My new modem did not arrive today. My old one is working at the moment, but I never know when it will stop. Trying to get all my online stuff done in a hurry.

Breakfast was Barley Max and lunch was a veggie smoothie. It didn't taste very good but I kept reminding myself how good it was for me. It had kale, chard, banana, blue berries, mango and Maca in it. Would have tasted better without the Maca, but I know it's good for me so I use it. (Not to mention that it was a $40 bottle that a friend gave me because she didn't like it. LOL)

Dinner will be a big salad and Trader Joe's Enchiladas.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #1517

Quote:
So much for "One day shipping." My new modem did not arrive today. My old one is working at the moment, but I never know when it will stop. Trying to get all my online stuff done in a hurry.

Breakfast was Barley Max and lunch was a veggie smoothie. It didn't taste very good but I kept reminding myself how good it was for me. It had kale, chard, banana, blue berries, mango and Maca in it. Would have tasted better without the Maca, but I know it's good for me so I use it. (Not to mention that it was a $40 bottle that a friend gave me because she didn't like it. LOL)

Dinner will be a big salad and Trader Joe's Enchiladas.
wow.. must be a huge bottle..lol.. if you click on Maca.. netrition has it way cheaper..
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #1518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
wow.. must be a huge bottle..lol.. if you click on Maca.. netrition has it way cheaper..
Yep- it's a big bottle. But now that I have read Netrition's description of Maca, maybe I'll like it a little more. "Butterscotch?" Not sure about that!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #1519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sleeping a little better, but still up too early and have to go back to bed for a few hours nearly every morning. Does it count if my hours are patched together from pieces?

A friend of our recently deceased neighbor has been over at his house, cleaning I guess. I don't like that he lets his dogs run through our yard, peeing on everything. Or tying them up behind the house so they sit there and cry or bark. And I don't like the loud music he plays over there. I am so used to my sweet, quiet neighbor. I miss him. It was sunny and warm today... the warmest we've had in about 10 days, I think. And I would have enjoyed my time out in the courtyard, basking in the sun, if it wasn't for a whining dog and the loud music.

I exercised early, took all my vitamins and supplements, had my Barley Max and a green smoothie... all the right things. Now, weight-be-gone!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm still here. Haven't been posting because we haven't had wi-fi very often, and it hasn't been very dependable when we do have it.

Back on track yesterday and today with the eating, but not the exercise.

Foods today:

Pre-Breakfast: Barley Max
Breakfast: bacon (no nitrites) and cage-free eggs with parmesan cheese

Snack: chocolate LC cookie, decaf tea, one piece seaweed snack (awful!)

Lunch: veggie broth, handful raw almonds and cashews

Dinner: LC chili, natural cheese, natural hot dogs with no nitrites/nitrates

Snack- Atkins bar and (maybe) organic decaf green tea

Trying to remember Monet's tip to chew gum so I don't get the munchies!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #1521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still frustrated w/dh's eating. I begged, pleaded, cried before we left on vacation. I told him I needed support and encouragement. I told him we couldn't eat out all the time, and he needed to encourage me with fixing meals in the RV. Last night was one of the first meals we didn't eat out in almost three weeks. Grrrr! Part of it had to do with all the problems we had on this trip, but not all of it. And yesterday, when I was working so hard to stay on plan, he got out his huge tub of cookies to have a snack, and left them out on the counter instead of putting them away. Thankfully, I was on my game and just put them back out of sight. He's also been making toast every morning lately, which is a new thing for him. The smell of that toast just about drives me crazy.

The Wheat Belly diet tells us the dangers of today's wheat, and I've shared those concerns with dh. He seems to think that just because he's only a few pounds overweight that he can eat anything he wants. But I want us to BOTH be healthy. A skinny person can have a stroke or heart attack and every one of dh's brothers and sisters has diabetes, and he himself is pre-diabetic.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #1522

Quote:
Still frustrated w/dh's eating. I begged, pleaded, cried before we left on vacation. I told him I needed support and encouragement. I told him we couldn't eat out all the time, and he needed to encourage me with fixing meals in the RV. Last night was one of the first meals we didn't eat out in almost three weeks. Grrrr! Part of it had to do with all the problems we had on this trip, but not all of it. And yesterday, when I was working so hard to stay on plan, he got out his huge tub of cookies to have a snack, and left them out on the counter instead of putting them away. Thankfully, I was on my game and just put them back out of sight. He's also been making toast every morning lately, which is a new thing for him. The smell of that toast just about drives me crazy.

The Wheat Belly diet tells us the dangers of today's wheat, and I've shared those concerns with dh. He seems to think that just because he's only a few pounds overweight that he can eat anything he wants. But I want us to BOTH be healthy. A skinny person can have a stroke or heart attack and every one of dh's brothers and sisters has diabetes, and he himself is pre-diabetic.
funny.. I just posted this in a facebook diet page..lol.. I can invite you if you wanna .. a gal named Melissa opened it.. she used to come in here.. but no longer does.. I don't think..lol.. shes went Vegetarian on me.. :P.. but that's ok.. what ever is best for people is all I want...

let me know
Old 11-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #1523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm... I try to keep my Facebook life and my "diet" life separate so I'm not sure about that. Hard enough doing all this without having my family and old friends in my business.
But I wouldn't mind looking at what was written, if that's possible.

Anywho, I'm still on plan although I still have a lot of questions about what is best for me. I think I need to be journaling more as to how I'm feeling, physically and emotionally, when I do low carb or if I try the vegan thing again. I had more aches and pains last night while I was trying to sleep than when I was eating a vegan-style plan.

Breakfast was a flax pancake with coconut oil and xylitol instead of syrup. (I didn't bring low carb syrup because I wasn't doing low carb when we left.) I also had a little bit of bacon (no nitrites or nitrates.) And decaf green tea. (Tasted kind of like seaweed. Yuck.) But I'm going for health, not taste I guess.

It's windy and rainy again. I don't feel too motivated to get out and about, but I know I need to be moving. We'll see...
Old 11-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #1524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So... lunch was some veggie broth with a little sea salt and some coconut oil. Tasted much better than yesterday's broth, when nothing was added to it. I also had some raw nuts.

Dinner was a delicious cheese burger patty at a restaurant near here. They hand-form their own patties and they are wonderful. Since I didn't have the bun or fries, they gave me coleslaw; but one bite told me there was a lot of sugar in it so I gave it to dh. Then I bought a small salad from their salad bar, which was yummy because they cut up their own lettuce and don't try to pass off that awful bagged lettuce junk.

We walked around the outlet mall after dinner, which was just enough to feel like I was out and about but not too much for my knees, which have been really hurting since I was eating wheat up until a few days ago. Hoping that gets better soon. Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be pretty nice days, so maybe we can finally get out on the beach for a nice walk.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #1525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Vacation...

Was wondering where you were.
Lurker here but read your posts
and have posted before.
You were going thru so much, I had
to post to wish you well then.

You hadn't posted in awhile thought
you might of been sick. Glad your
not and on vacation. (sorry about knees)

Sounds like your trying to do good on your trip.
Aren't husbands clueless sometimes!

How long are you gone for? Hope you get
nice weather where ever your going. Have fun.
Good luck on good food choices (know it's hard work)
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #1526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaRose View Post
Was wondering where you were.
Lurker here but read your posts and have posted before. You were going thru so much, I had to post to wish you well then. You hadn't posted in awhile thought you might of been sick. Glad your not and on vacation. (sorry about knees)

Sounds like your trying to do good on your trip. Aren't husbands clueless sometimes!

How long are you gone for? Hope you get nice weather where ever your going. Have fun.
Good luck on good food choices (know it's hard work)
Thanks for your kind thoughts. We have gone through a lot, and we felt it would be good to get away for awhile. A lot of things have still gone wrong, though. For the benefit of Lisa, who I'd told that everything seemed to be going wrong but didn't have time (or wi-fi connections) to explain, here's a lot of what's been going on:

We had a braking system installed on our Jeep and RV, and it failed within half an hour of leaving the shop. We had to go back a week later and have it all done again, which took another two days off our vacation. And circumstances there, believe it or not, led to our male kitty having a nervous breakdown. (Thai is a remarkable cat and unlike any we've ever had or known. He has an amazing personality and it was heart-breaking to see him fall apart like he did. He had two weeks of hiding and sweating profusely after the events, but he is starting to come back to be the cat we know and love.)

While we were "camping" in the shop's parking lot, a young woman was kidnapped in the area and her car was left just two blocks from where we were. When we finally left the area, the wind was blowing so hard that we were blown right off the freeway three times in just a few minutes. The wind also caught our awning and opened it partially, so we had to pull off the freeway. We ended up on a historical highway to try to fix it, and then a big wind gust broke a tree in half and it landed just feet from dh. Then, when taking the old highway back to the city, we encountered road blocks that we later learned were because officials were looking for the body of the kidnapped woman. It just felt like evil was lurking everywhere we went.

We had a few uneventful days, but later we had a flood one night in our RV. Apparently a water faucet got bumped on one night, and when I woke up in the morning I stepped out of bed into a couple of inches of cold water. We spent the next two days cleaning up and trying to prevent any further damage to the rig. We had to stay in a hotel for two nights while we had the carpets professionally extracted and huge dryers put in to dry things out. In addition to all the hard work, I got almost no sleep because one of our female kitties hates hotels and cries all night. (She's okay as long as I'm awake, but cries as soon as I fall asleep.) The rig is dry now, we had one absolutely gorgeous sunny day that did wonders in restoring our spirits, and hopefully we can enjoy the rest of our trip. The house sitter seems okay with staying until the day after Thanksgiving.

The biggest struggle right now is staying active enough when the weather is so crummy and cold and the RV is so much smaller than our house. (At home I can get plenty of exercise right inside, no matter what the weather.) And of course eating out a lot has some challenges, but today I did well. The more expensive restaurants are usually the ones with better choices available, but we found a nice pizza, chicken and salad bar today where the owner made a special batch of chicken without batter just for me. I also had the toppings from two pieces of pizza, and didn't even try to sneak one small bite of crust.

Dinner tonight was poached salmon and some broccoli. I ate just half of what was on my plate, so lunch will be the other half of tonight's dinner.

We leave for our next location early in the morning, so I need to get ready for bed. It may be a little over a week before we have wi-fi again, but I plan to be back then!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #1527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Been Thinking of You..

Are you still traveling or home now?
You haven't been posting.
Are you alright? Your were having so
much trouble on your "vacation"!

Hoping everything is going fine and you
both are in good health.

Want to wish you Happy Holidays!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #1528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaRose View Post
Are you still traveling or home now?
You haven't been posting.
Are you alright? Your were having so
much trouble on your "vacation"!

Hoping everything is going fine and you
both are in good health.

Want to wish you Happy Holidays!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thanks for checking in! Yes, we made it home safe and sound with the RV, then left for Portland a couple of times for visits with friends and family. When we got home my computer began giving me fits, ending in a full-blown meltdown where a warning said I should back everything up and find help. It spent nearly a week in the shop, and we've been so busy with entertaining, with friends and with family that I haven't had time to be on the computer at all. I just popped in today because dh had some stuff he wanted me to do.

I'm way off track with eating and exercise right now, but plan to get going again once company has headed out.. Just a few more days...

Thanks again for checking in. Hope you had a great Christmas!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:03 AM   #1529

LET THE COUNTDOWN TO THE 2013 NEW YEAR BEGIN ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸  ★  ★☾ °★ . .  °☆  . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  • ○ ° ★  . * .  ☾ °  ¸. * ● ¸ ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★   YOU HAVE BEEN Sprinkled with BLESSINGS of PEACE, LOVE, HEALTH and HAPPINESS! NOW ... PLEASE ... GO FORTH AND SPRINKLE OTHER PEOPLE TOO!★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * .      .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Happy New Year!!!

tomorrow begins a new beginning!!!.. see ya when your company goes home.. .. I hope your Christmas was a great one!!
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #1530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the Sprinkles Lisa! They are beautiful!!!

HELLO HELLO HELLO!!! I am BACK!!! Praise God for New Years and New beginnings!!! His Mercies are new every MORNING, but it's nice to have a fresher slate to start out with for the year.

I'm trying the raw vegan stuff again, and trying to keep the carbs down as well. I may do some switching out of eating plans to do what my body responds to best, but bread and wheat products will NOT be in any plan I choose! My body doesn't do wheat well and it is time I respected that.

There is a doc here that we are getting to know a bit socially, and when I asked her some wheat questions, she said that there are at least 42 diseases known to be negatively influenced by wheat consumption. Now, I love my own doc, but this gal is very interested in alternative medicines, and I believe that means that she considers nutrition a vital part of one's health--- not just something people use when they need to lose weight, but in every day living. Dh still considers "healthy foods" just some sort of fad that he doesn't need to care about because he isn't overweight.

It's odd, because I often feel jealous that he can eat pretty much whatever he wants, but he really can't, or shouldn't. His mom had Alzheimer's, and I don't think he should be eating wheat. I did get him off potato chips, but he still loves his wheat: breads, gravy and sauces and other dishes made with wheat. Even though he seems healthy despite his WOE, he would be a lot healthier if he ate better. But since he won't let me help him (and it would help ME if we worked on getting healthier together) then I need to focus on doing what I can for myself.

First social event of the New Year is coming up Saturday... a party at our house. I told dh NO as far as having me make fudge. I don't want it around and I bet most people don't either. I am going to make up the jar of cookie mix that dd gave us for Christmas. Hope I can keep my lil paws out of them! Wish we'd made them while all our company was still here and they would be gone by now.

Let's make 2013 our healthiest year ever!