Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #1471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Just checkin' in. Weighed. Down two pounds! Exercised. Worked on recipes and meal planning. Had a smoothie for breakfast and one for lunch. I think I spend more time cleaning my VitaMix and my food processor than I do anything else. Ugh.

Scary fires in Ellensburg. Just got a prayer request for the residents there...
raini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #1472
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
Just checkin' in. Weighed. Down two pounds! Exercised. Worked on recipes and meal planning. Had a smoothie for breakfast and one for lunch. I think I spend more time cleaning my VitaMix and my food processor than I do anything else. Ugh.

Scary fires in Ellensburg. Just got a prayer request for the residents there...
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1473

Hello ... Helloooooo

where are ya?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Hello ... Helloooooo

where are ya?
Didn't you hear me knocking??? I got locked out of LCF when something went haywire with my login info. No matter how many times I asked for a new password, it wouldn't let me in. I figured it had something to do with a capital "R" in my name, but my browser kept changing it back to a lower case one. So one of the moderators or technical peeps changed it to a lower case "r" and I was finally able to get back in. (Thank you!!!)

I was going to text you to tell you, but it got too late tonight.

Hot hot HOT here today... in the 90's. So thankful for our air conditioning... a lovely 73 degrees in the house. Dh originally didn't think we'd need air conditioning here when we built the house, but I insisted and I was RIGHT! We may only need it once in awhile, but it makes all the difference in the world as to how we fare during the scorching temperatures.

I spent most of the day in the kitchen preparing a big Thai dinner. Dh left shortly before dinner to pick up crab traps but didn't come back for hours. I ate dinner without him and was not a happy camper that we didn't get to enjoy dinner together after all my hard work. I told him that he can just plan to have a sandwich on his own on crabbing days. I'm not doing this again! Should have learned my lesson the last dozen times he did this. Yes, he PLANS to come right back, but then ends up chit-chatting with whoever is down at the marina. Grrrrr....
Old 08-18-2012, 05:54 AM   #1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
Didn't you hear me knocking??? I got locked out of LCF when something went haywire with my login info. No matter how many times I asked for a new password, it wouldn't let me in. I figured it had something to do with a capital "R" in my name, but my browser kept changing it back to a lower case one. So one of the moderators or technical peeps changed it to a lower case "r" and I was finally able to get back in. (Thank you!!!)

I was going to text you to tell you, but it got too late tonight.

Hot hot HOT here today... in the 90's. So thankful for our air conditioning... a lovely 73 degrees in the house. Dh originally didn't think we'd need air conditioning here when we built the house, but I insisted and I was RIGHT! We may only need it once in awhile, but it makes all the difference in the world as to how we fare during the scorching temperatures.

I spent most of the day in the kitchen preparing a big Thai dinner. Dh left shortly before dinner to pick up crab traps but didn't come back for hours. I ate dinner without him and was not a happy camper that we didn't get to enjoy dinner together after all my hard work. I told him that he can just plan to have a sandwich on his own on crabbing days. I'm not doing this again! Should have learned my lesson the last dozen times he did this. Yes, he PLANS to come right back, but then ends up chit-chatting with whoever is down at the marina. Grrrrr....
crabs...Mmmmmmmm... I watched Paula Deene make some the other day...

glad you got back in here :P
Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #1476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
crabs...Mmmmmmmm... I watched Paula Deene make some the other day...
I saw an episode of Paula Deene quite awhile ago where she was frying up the soft shell crabs where you eat the whole thing- shell and all. We've never had those. Ours are big and hard-shelled, and take awhile to cook, clean, pick the crab from the shells and then eat.

They didn't get any last night, but got three dungees today. Dh gave them to our neighbor since it was his first time crabbing with dh.

When dh told me he's going to leave about 5 pm tomorrow to check the traps again, I told him to plan on fixing his own dinner. I tried not to sound nasty about it, but I am not waiting til 8 or 9 pm to eat anymore. He seemed fine with it and agreed.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #1477

Quote:
I saw an episode of Paula Deene quite awhile ago where she was frying up the soft shell crabs where you eat the whole thing- shell and all. We've never had those. Ours are big and hard-shelled, and take awhile to cook, clean, pick the crab from the shells and then eat.

They didn't get any last night, but got three dungees today. Dh gave them to our neighbor since it was his first time crabbing with dh.

When dh told me he's going to leave about 5 pm tomorrow to check the traps again, I told him to plan on fixing his own dinner. I tried not to sound nasty about it, but I am not waiting til 8 or 9 pm to eat anymore. He seemed fine with it and agreed.
They were some kinds of blue crabs..?

and I don't blame you for not wanting to eat late...
Old 08-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #1478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, we don't have blue crabs on this end of the country. Ours are big and red, and redder when you cook 'em.

I have a date to crack and pick crab with dh in an hour. How romantic, huh?
Old 08-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #1479

Quote:
Yeah, we don't have blue crabs on this end of the country. Ours are big and red, and redder when you cook 'em.

I have a date to crack and pick crab with dh in an hour. How romantic, huh?
YUM.. with garlic butter....sounds romantic to me.. wheres my bib...
Old 08-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #1480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmmm.... I'm supposed to have a salad ready to go with it and I don't. Gotta run!!!

(Dinner at 8... AGAIN!!!!!)
Old 08-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #1481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, did I miss a few days again??? Seems like I'm spending tons of time on my PC, so I don't know how I missed checking in here.

I am eating healthier, not feeling hungry between meals, exercising a lot and feeling so much better. I usually have Barley Max for breakfast, home-made veggie juice or a salad for lunch and then a salad plus a little somethin' for dinner. Tonight it was LC chili and last night it was chicken wings. My ankles are back to normal size (I actually have quite skinny ankles- the only skinny part about me!) and I couldn't be happier.

I have a lot more energy lately and have been exercising. Today I exercised about 4 times more than I usually do, and still felt like moving all over the place when I was done. Lisa Monet is right- if we could bottle this "whatever it is" that makes us want to stay on track, we could make a fortune! I am a happy girl!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #1482

Quote:
Wow, did I miss a few days again??? Seems like I'm spending tons of time on my PC, so I don't know how I missed checking in here.

I am eating healthier, not feeling hungry between meals, exercising a lot and feeling so much better. I usually have Barley Max for breakfast, home-made veggie juice or a salad for lunch and then a salad plus a little somethin' for dinner. Tonight it was LC chili and last night it was chicken wings. My ankles are back to normal size (I actually have quite skinny ankles- the only skinny part about me!) and I couldn't be happier.

I have a lot more energy lately and have been exercising. Today I exercised about 4 times more than I usually do, and still felt like moving all over the place when I was done. Lisa Monet is right- if we could bottle this "whatever it is" that makes us want to stay on track, we could make a fortune! I am a happy girl!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #1483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Exercised again early enough in the day and ate well. Ate a little more than I'd planned, but I'm learning what triggers me and learning to work with it.

Gonna try to be in bed before midnight tonight... last night it was 2 am and then I couldn't sleep any way. Ugh...

Starting my day off with Barley Max really seems to give me a boost and incentive to do well through the rest of the day. I'm feeling better, that's for sure!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #1484

Quote:
Exercised again early enough in the day and ate well. Ate a little more than I'd planned, but I'm learning what triggers me and learning to work with it.

Gonna try to be in bed before midnight tonight... last night it was 2 am and then I couldn't sleep any way. Ugh...

Starting my day off with Barley Max really seems to give me a boost and incentive to do well through the rest of the day. I'm feeling better, that's for sure!
what is barley max???
Old 08-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #1485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
what is barley max???
Barley Max is a powdered form of a green barley drink. Kind of tastes like cooked spinach, but it has all kinds of wonderful nutrients for the body so I put up with the taste. Next time I might buy the berry flavored one. It's supposed to taste really good. My friend recommended it to me, and loaned me some while I was waiting for mine to arrive. I've had it at least once a day ever since, and sometimes twice a day. It's best to work up to 3 times a day, but I never remember! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I exercised today... 4th or 5th day in a row, I think. Instead of thinking about it all day and putting it off, I try to do it early in the day. I actually look forward to it and know that it makes me feel good. Hope I can remember tomorrow, before church, 'cuz we might be going off-island afterwards.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #1486

Quote:
Barley Max is a powdered form of a green barley drink. Kind of tastes like cooked spinach, but it has all kinds of wonderful nutrients for the body so I put up with the taste. Next time I might buy the berry flavored one. It's supposed to taste really good. My friend recommended it to me, and loaned me some while I was waiting for mine to arrive. I've had it at least once a day ever since, and sometimes twice a day. It's best to work up to 3 times a day, but I never remember! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I exercised today... 4th or 5th day in a row, I think. Instead of thinking about it all day and putting it off, I try to do it early in the day. I actually look forward to it and know that it makes me feel good. Hope I can remember tomorrow, before church, 'cuz we might be going off-island afterwards.
and where did you get it from..?.. Netrition? I like spinach hehehe

good for yu on the exercise!!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #1487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
and where did you get it from..?.. Netrition? I like spinach hehehe
<sigh> I'll have to send you a pm on that one.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #1488

Quote:
<sigh> I'll have to send you a pm on that one.
kk
Old 08-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #1489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Going to a food co-op in Olympia tomorrow. A friend told me about it and it sounds like a fun place to shop! Lots of fresh organic veggies. Yum!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #1490

Quote:
Going to a food co-op in Olympia tomorrow. A friend told me about it and it sounds like a fun place to shop! Lots of fresh organic veggies. Yum!!!
Jealous!!!.... but happy for you!!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #1491

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #1492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soooooo.... we had a very long day yesterday, and since I'd had about 2 hours of sleep the night before, I was too pooped to come up and get on the 'puter when we got home. Whew!

Dh kept asking "Which ferry are we taking in the morning?" and I told him if I slept well we could take the 8:30 am ferry, but if I didn't sleep well, I'd try to sleep in another hour and we could take the 9:30 one. Well, I got to bed about midnight, but didn't get to sleep until about 2 am. There were a lot more things that kept me awake... just one thing after another. Then I woke up at 4:11 and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. So I got up, exercised, took a shower, made my breakfast and got ready to go for the day. Lack of sleep usually gives me a really bad headache, but it didn't this time. But I could feel I wasn't on top of my game, that's for sure.

We shopped til we dropped. Dh liked the co-op and didn't complain about the prices (which are always higher when you're talking organic foods.) Also shopped at Trader Joe's and JoAnn's Fabrics, then Trader Joe's (a different one) on the way home when we realized we'd forgotten some stuff.

I ate the wrong stuff for lunch. "Nuff said.

Today I got a great start on eating good stuff for me, but I was interrupted while making my salad for lunch. Dh called and asked if I wanted to ride with him when he took my friend, Jan, down to the marina to her new boat. Her dh and my dh had gotten it in the water and it was now ready for the maiden voyage. I thought we were just dropping her off there, but her husband wanted us to ride along. It's a BIG boat and her dh hasn't ever owned one before. Or piloted one! We weren't too enthusiastic about it, but we went along anyway. I was glad we did, because my dear friend was terrified! I kept her calm most of the time, except once when her dh started going really, REALLY fast and then kind of tipped from one side to the other. I knew (because my dh had told me) that the trim tabs weren't working, so I knew it would be easy to flip the boat over at that speed if he turned too fast. Anyway, we went to the mainland and walked up a ginormous hill to a little pub for dinner. Again, I didn't choose food that was good for me. Again, 'nuff said!!!

On the return trip, my tummy was queasy, a good excuse to ask our captain to take it easy on the way back. He did and we all had a wonderful time.

So, why do I choose crummy foods when we go out? Well, at this particular place, I know that their salads are terrible; and a salad would have been the only thing on the entire menu that would have been good for me. I guess I could have had a burger with no bun, but the buns were so yummy looking. I did take off the bottom bun and nibbled the yummy, crusty edge off it and then discarded it. Then I ate only half of the top bun and discarded it. Still, any carbs with all that grease couldn't have been any good for me. And I had no time to prepare for this meal emotionally, since when I left the house I had no idea we were going out to dinner.

Oh-oh-oh!!! Almost forgot- I cleaned the 'fridge today and threw out all my sauces, toppings, syrups, etc. that had artificial anything in them! That meant caramel sauce, a jar of jam, a jar of jelly, teriyaki sauce, steak sauce, salad dressing and more. From now on I plan to use as little as possible of sweeteners, and usually xylitol if I can. I still have a relatively new bag of Splenda, but I haven't been using it and hope to toss it pretty soon. And my 19 bottles of DaVinci syrups? Well, I'm not brave enough to throw them all out at once, but I think eventually they will all be gone. I just don't think that sucralose is much better for my body than aspartame was, and I'm trying to phase it out. That means no more diet sodas, either. But that's okay, because my body hasn't liked diet soda that last few times I had any. I got stabbing pains in my side, and it just isn't worth it.

Guess I should wrap this up--- I know this is a long post and I'd be really sad if it wouldn't post because it's too long!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #1493

Quote:
Soooooo.... we had a very long day yesterday, and since I'd had about 2 hours of sleep the night before, I was too pooped to come up and get on the 'puter when we got home. Whew!

Dh kept asking "Which ferry are we taking in the morning?" and I told him if I slept well we could take the 8:30 am ferry, but if I didn't sleep well, I'd try to sleep in another hour and we could take the 9:30 one. Well, I got to bed about midnight, but didn't get to sleep until about 2 am. There were a lot more things that kept me awake... just one thing after another. Then I woke up at 4:11 and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. So I got up, exercised, took a shower, made my breakfast and got ready to go for the day. Lack of sleep usually gives me a really bad headache, but it didn't this time. But I could feel I wasn't on top of my game, that's for sure.

We shopped til we dropped. Dh liked the co-op and didn't complain about the prices (which are always higher when you're talking organic foods.) Also shopped at Trader Joe's and JoAnn's Fabrics, then Trader Joe's (a different one) on the way home when we realized we'd forgotten some stuff.

I ate the wrong stuff for lunch. "Nuff said.

Today I got a great start on eating good stuff for me, but I was interrupted while making my salad for lunch. Dh called and asked if I wanted to ride with him when he took my friend, Jan, down to the marina to her new boat. Her dh and my dh had gotten it in the water and it was now ready for the maiden voyage. I thought we were just dropping her off there, but her husband wanted us to ride along. It's a BIG boat and her dh hasn't ever owned one before. Or piloted one! We weren't too enthusiastic about it, but we went along anyway. I was glad we did, because my dear friend was terrified! I kept her calm most of the time, except once when her dh started going really, REALLY fast and then kind of tipped from one side to the other. I knew (because my dh had told me) that the trim tabs weren't working, so I knew it would be easy to flip the boat over at that speed if he turned too fast. Anyway, we went to the mainland and walked up a ginormous hill to a little pub for dinner. Again, I didn't choose food that was good for me. Again, 'nuff said!!!

On the return trip, my tummy was queasy, a good excuse to ask our captain to take it easy on the way back. He did and we all had a wonderful time.

So, why do I choose crummy foods when we go out? Well, at this particular place, I know that their salads are terrible; and a salad would have been the only thing on the entire menu that would have been good for me. I guess I could have had a burger with no bun, but the buns were so yummy looking. I did take off the bottom bun and nibbled the yummy, crusty edge off it and then discarded it. Then I ate only half of the top bun and discarded it. Still, any carbs with all that grease couldn't have been any good for me. And I had no time to prepare for this meal emotionally, since when I left the house I had no idea we were going out to dinner.

Oh-oh-oh!!! Almost forgot- I cleaned the 'fridge today and threw out all my sauces, toppings, syrups, etc. that had artificial anything in them! That meant caramel sauce, a jar of jam, a jar of jelly, teriyaki sauce, steak sauce, salad dressing and more. From now on I plan to use as little as possible of sweeteners, and usually xylitol if I can. I still have a relatively new bag of Splenda, but I haven't been using it and hope to toss it pretty soon. And my 19 bottles of DaVinci syrups? Well, I'm not brave enough to throw them all out at once, but I think eventually they will all be gone. I just don't think that sucralose is much better for my body than aspartame was, and I'm trying to phase it out. That means no more diet sodas, either. But that's okay, because my body hasn't liked diet soda that last few times I had any. I got stabbing pains in my side, and it just isn't worth it.

Guess I should wrap this up--- I know this is a long post and I'd be really sad if it wouldn't post because it's too long!
howdy.. how fun to boat all the time .. but I would be scared too if they went fast and was turning..lol.. we had a sail boat when I was growing up.. it didn't go too fast.. so I was ok.. it was always fun on the weekends when we would go to the lake.. now.. being that your in an ocean.... I'm not sure I would have a good time.... I've seen jaws...

I'll be posting about my "free meal" over at my place... and I so get what your saying about sauces and stuff..

hope you got some sleep..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #1494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Slept better last night, but I should have gone to bed earlier. I'm going to TRY to be in bed by midnight or earlier from now on. I just got about 7 hours of sleep last night and I really want to make it closer to 8 hours. I function best on 8 to 8 and 1/2 hours, but it doesn't happen often enough!

We're not actually on the "ocean" per se... Puget Sound is fed by the ocean, but it doesn't connect to the ocean anywhere near us. Still, it's nothing like a lake and it can get choppy and scary, which it did yesterday.

We got rid of our big boat because it was too expensive to fuel all the time. We went two feet shorter and got a sailboat a couple of years ago; but now dh is very impressed with our friends' boat. It is lovely... nice saloon, cute galley, FULL head with shower, and a very nice sleeping berth below. We could afford to buy the boat, but couldn't afford to FEED it! LOL But if we had a big boat like theirs, we could go boat camping and travel a lot further away from the island than we do now.

Gotta get busy- still need to exercise today and have a lot of cleaning and cooking to do for the arrival of ds and ddil.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #1495

Quote:
Slept better last night, but I should have gone to bed earlier. I'm going to TRY to be in bed by midnight or earlier from now on. I just got about 7 hours of sleep last night and I really want to make it closer to 8 hours. I function best on 8 to 8 and 1/2 hours, but it doesn't happen often enough!

We're not actually on the "ocean" per se... Puget Sound is fed by the ocean, but it doesn't connect to the ocean anywhere near us. Still, it's nothing like a lake and it can get choppy and scary, which it did yesterday.

We got rid of our big boat because it was too expensive to fuel all the time. We went two feet shorter and got a sailboat a couple of years ago; but now dh is very impressed with our friends' boat. It is lovely... nice saloon, cute galley, FULL head with shower, and a very nice sleeping berth below. We could afford to buy the boat, but couldn't afford to FEED it! LOL But if we had a big boat like theirs, we could go boat camping and travel a lot further away from the island than we do now.

Gotta get busy- still need to exercise today and have a lot of cleaning and cooking to do for the arrival of ds and ddil.
but cant sharks get in there from the ocean???
Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #1496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
but cant sharks get in there from the ocean???
I 'spose they can. Haven't seen any. I think they like warmer water.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #1497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Busy BUSY week-end. Lost all resolve to stay on plan, ate the wrong stuff, didn't exercise. I ached so bad from cooking and cleaning that every inch of me was throbbing. I could barely stay up to finish cleaning. Ds sat his behind on a stool at the breakfast bar and played on his 'puter for hours on end. Ddil helped a lot in the kitchen, but I was still overwhelmed with all I had to do. I had no energy left for exercising!

I got back on program today and have done very well! I exercised on the Rebounder 33% longer than usual, and also did my Body Flex stuff PLUS some stretching exercises.

Breakfast was Barley Max, lunch was freshly juiced veggies, snack was raw almonds and dinner will be cabbage roll soup. Gotta go fix it now!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #1498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Been doing pretty well- lotsa exercise and plenty of fresh veggies. I'll be away from the 'puter a few days- have a class on another island tomorrow and will be busy over the week-end. Hoping to have meals packed and not be tempted by junk food others might bring to share!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a very trying day yesterday... went to a doll-making class and someone I thought was my friend treated me terribly. I just sat where someone told me to sit, and this "friend" came over and said I couldn't sit there because SHE wanted to sit there ALONE-- AFTER I'd set up my sewing machine, the electrical cords, all my fabrics etc. So I moved where she told me to, and set everything back up, plus I had to untangle a long extension cord and run it all the way across the room and THEN she changed her mind and said she wanted to sit there instead and wanted me to move back to where I was in the first place. I said, I've set this stuff up twice already, and she said she'd move it back for me. She moved some of it, but I still had to re-set up everything else.

Best part is yet to come- after she made me move the second time, someone came over and set up right next to her and she didn't tell them to move. As a matter of fact, she chattered away with her all day and seemed to be fine not having a table all to herself. She never apologized and never had any explanation as to why I couldn't sit there. Hey- I don't have bad breath, I bathe, AND I purposely didn't wear any perfumes because she sent out a notice that no one should wear perfume.

This set up a reaction in me that told me, all day long, that it must be something wrong with me for someone to treat me that way. But today I woke up and thought "That is a victim's mentality- if someone is rude or abusive, I must have deserved it." I am NOT going to be a victim, I did NOT do anything to deserve being treated that way, and I won't set myself up to be treated that way again. If she has enough friends that she doesn't need me, then so be it. She doesn't have to have me for a friend.

It still hurts, though....
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #1500

Quote:
Been doing pretty well- lotsa exercise and plenty of fresh veggies. I'll be away from the 'puter a few days- have a class on another island tomorrow and will be busy over the week-end. Hoping to have meals packed and not be tempted by junk food others might bring to share!
stay strong!!! and have fun