Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1441
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
see how she is D.. starts talking about thie raw stuff.. then disappears....hope she didn't get sick eating raw stuff..

oh Rainiiiiii... come out come out where ever you are!!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #1442

Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Yooooouuuuu hooooooo . . . Ms Raini . . . TAG! YOU'RE IT!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #1443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
see how she is D.. starts talking about thie raw stuff.. then disappears....hope she didn't get sick eating raw stuff..

oh Rainiiiiii... come out come out where ever you are!!
Silly girl! Raw stuff is delish!

I think it would be possible to do both raw foods and Atkins, but not meat, of course! However, my poor brain is so messed up right now with all the company we've had and all the different stuff I've been fixing for everybody. Tomorrow morning will probably be my ol' favorite brekkie- scrambled eggs and bacon. Haven't had it for awhile. Nope, it won't be raw!

All our company is gone, but my BFF Jan is still on the island with tons of her family. She takes her dd to the airport Tuesday to fly home to London, and one of the twins to fly home to Nebraska, the other twin drives home with his family, and youngest dd drives back to Vancouver, WA. THEN I'm hoping she'll stay on for a couple of days to relax and maybe we can hang out a bit. We'll see... her dh is probably chomping at the bit to have her home again.

Time to clean out the 'fridge again and see what we've missed in there with all the special foods shoved in there. My dd is tiny and adorable and always watching her weight, but she brings more "carp" (LOL) and junk food to the island when she comes. And left behind peanut butter brownies, peanut butter cookies and peanut butter Oreos when she left. GRRR! Enough of that, Missy!

Time for bed. ZZZZzzzzzzzz....
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #1444

I'm just glad your ok..

we worry ya know.. you on the Island.. anything can happen..

hope you'll be posting again !!!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #1445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm posting... I'm posting!!!

Feeling as fat as a stuffed sausage. Not a chance I'm going near those scales! Maybe the next time dd comes to our house I will request she keep the garbage foods out in her truck.

One of my good friends on the island has started hypnosis for weight loss. That is not an option for me, but it sent me into panic mode as I realized everyone is losing weight but me. You'd think it would make me work harder to lose weight, but you'd be thinkin' wrong. I ate four cookies and had toast with crab and cheese.

I tried to explain to dh how I'm feeling because he needs to know. But he wants to know how he can help and I have no idea. I did tell him that listening to him crunch on chips and cookies is not helpful, but I know that he won't stop--- he will just hide his eating from me and I'll know he's doing that and that will set me off just as bad. So I dunno...

I did well when I was journaling every single bite that went into my mouth, so I will start that again in the morning. Then I looked at an old ****** entry where I said basically the same thing- write it down!

My goals for tomorrow:

Plan breakfast and lunch. Have a healthy snack before going to dinner at our kind-of-neighbors' because I have no idea what they are serving for dinner. Stay strong and eat as healthy as possible at their house. And no matter what happens there, be ready to get STRICTLY back on program as soon as we're back home. And EXERCISE! No excuses! And lots of water!!!

Ladies, please pray for me!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raini View Post
I'm posting... I'm posting!!!

Feeling as fat as a stuffed sausage. Not a chance I'm going near those scales! Maybe the next time dd comes to our house I will request she keep the garbage foods out in her truck.

One of my good friends on the island has started hypnosis for weight loss. That is not an option for me, but it sent me into panic mode as I realized everyone is losing weight but me. You'd think it would make me work harder to lose weight, but you'd be thinkin' wrong. I ate four cookies and had toast with crab and cheese.

I tried to explain to dh how I'm feeling because he needs to know. But he wants to know how he can help and I have no idea. I did tell him that listening to him crunch on chips and cookies is not helpful, but I know that he won't stop--- he will just hide his eating from me and I'll know he's doing that and that will set me off just as bad. So I dunno...

I did well when I was journaling every single bite that went into my mouth, so I will start that again in the morning. Then I looked at an old ****** entry where I said basically the same thing- write it down!

My goals for tomorrow:

Plan breakfast and lunch. Have a healthy snack before going to dinner at our kind-of-neighbors' because I have no idea what they are serving for dinner. Stay strong and eat as healthy as possible at their house. And no matter what happens there, be ready to get STRICTLY back on program as soon as we're back home. And EXERCISE! No excuses! And lots of water!!!

Ladies, please pray for me!
I will be praying for you sunshine .. think possitive and know you need to do this to be able to share your life with others LONGER
Old 08-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #1447

Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
YOU CAN DO THIS RAINI! WEEEEEEEE can do this!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #1448

I HAVE SOME HOME WORK FOR YOU...

NAME 3 THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF.. IN HERE..AND YOU MUST DO IT!!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #1449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I HAVE SOME HOME WORK FOR YOU...

NAME 3 THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF.. IN HERE..AND YOU MUST DO IT!!
Silly girl... I just did that on YOUR journal!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #1450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Paralyzed with fear of eating this morning. Now it's past lunch time and I haven't even had breakfast yet. Yes, I KNOW I need to fuel my body... I set the timer on the stove to give me a deadline of when to eat, but it's dinging now and I still don't know what to eat.

I called a friend to ask for help, but she's busy and hasn't called back. I'm working on this... I am!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #1451

Quote:
Paralyzed with fear of eating this morning. Now it's past lunch time and I haven't even had breakfast yet. Yes, I KNOW I need to fuel my body... I set the timer on the stove to give me a deadline of when to eat, but it's dinging now and I still don't know what to eat.

I called a friend to ask for help, but she's busy and hasn't called back. I'm working on this... I am!

Old 08-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #1452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My friend brought over a nutritional supplement for me to use until mine gets her. Then I'll give my new one to her to replace the one she gave me!

She also brought over the most delicious Persian omelette because she said she knew that I hadn't eaten. My oh my I want that recipe!!! YUM!!!

On our way to dinner with the kind-of-neighbors. No idea what awaits!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #1453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

God is good! And so was dinner! Wow- I was so worried that there would be little to nothing I could "legally" have, but Bev presented an amazing dinner, including hors d'ourves on the patio before dinner.

She made a bean dip from white beans with lemon juice and basil (not terribly low carb but not bad, either) and had zucchini and other veggies for dipping. Also a lovely sharp cheese that was very tasty.

Dinner was what she called French Chicken Salad. She had a big platter covered with lettuces, and then placed roasted veggies all around the sides: roasted zucchini, potatoes and green beans, and also non-roasted cherry tomatoes and black olives. Stacked in the center of the plate was roasted chicken breasts and thighs. She served it with a sauce made from olive oil, Dijon mustard, basil and Splenda. Wow-oh-wow-oh-wow! I think I have found a new favorite meal and a new "go-to" meal for when company comes. She explained that you can make everything ahead of time and it really doesn't have to be hot when you serve it.

The kind-of-neighbors (through the woods) are a newly retired couple that I met by e-mail when we were having all the storms on the island. I'd somehow found where he worked (because this was just their vacation home and they didn't live here) and kept him abreast of all the probs we were having with power outages and downed trees and such.He was glad for the info, since they were a couple hundred miles away and had no idea what was going on. Anywho, he recently retired and they now have a home in Arizona for the winter but they summer here. We took them sailing a couple of weeks ago, and now they've had us over for dinner. He was a professor and the president of a college. I had no idea what to expect for dinner but it was wonderful and I had plenty to eat! (She did serve dinner rolls and apologized, but I had no problem with that. I was sweet of her to care!)

I did not get to exercise today. One thing after another came up- unexpected visitor and several phone calls and a number of things that had to get done. Dh volunteers at the farm tomorrow, so I think I'll have time to exercise while he's gone. Feelin' good about today!

OH! Almost forgot- I bought a refurbished Kitchen Aid food processor on eBay this evening, and a vegetable spiralizer yesterday for cutting zucchini into "noodles." I am looking forward to making many healthy meals with both!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #1454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have already exercised, taken all my vitamins, had BarleyMax and 2 glasses of water. I'm on my way to a great day!

I'm going to work on menus and a grocery list today.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #1455

Quote:
Have already exercised, taken all my vitamins, had BarleyMax and 2 glasses of water. I'm on my way to a great day!

I'm going to work on menus and a grocery list today.
GREAT ATTITUDE!!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #1456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made a super delicious salad with cubed zucchini, romaine lettuce, cucumbers and raw cashews. Topped it with a yummy dressing that I whipped up in a flash in my itsy-bitsy food processor: olive oil, organic vinegar, Dijon mustard and sweetener. YUM!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #1457

Quote:
Made a super delicious salad with cubed zucchini, romaine lettuce, cucumbers and raw cashews. Topped it with a yummy dressing that I whipped up in a flash in my itsy-bitsy food processor: olive oil, organic vinegar, Dijon mustard and sweetener. YUM!
sounds delish!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #1458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made another salad and whipped up more dressing 'cuz dh actually said he'd rather have that than his bottled dressing. A breakthrough! Also had 1 carb sausages from Costco with the salads for dinner.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #1459

Quote:
Made another salad and whipped up more dressing 'cuz dh actually said he'd rather have that than his bottled dressing. A breakthrough! Also had 1 carb sausages from Costco with the salads for dinner.
Thats awesome !!!..

Have you tried any of the Linda Sues recipes with HD? just curious.. he might realy be on board if he likes them.. Chris , so far, has liked everything I have made..
Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #1460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thats awesome !!!..

Have you tried any of the Linda Sues recipes with HD? just curious.. he might realy be on board if he likes them.. Chris , so far, has liked everything I have made..
HD? Homemade dressing? Don't think I have, but I'll check 'em out when I get a chance. Today we're sailing to the mainland and having an early dinner with our friends from Portland. (They have a place on the island, too.)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #1461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, okay. NOW I understand why you guys were concerned when I said I was looking into raw foods. ICK, ICK, ICK! I got a book from the library about raw foods, and I was thinking "vegan." But NOoooo.... this guy had all kinds of raw meat dishes, including a raw hamburger topped with a raw egg. I don't THINK so! And he had a lot of foods known to have carcinogens in them and lots of other unhealthy stuff. That is NOT what I had in mind!

I've just added a lot of raw veggies into my eating plan. I bought a spiralizer to make zucchini pasta and I can hardly wait til it arrives. I also ordered a Kitchen Aid food processor (refurbished so it wasn't too expensive. They still have more on ebay.) I have NO intentions of eating raw meat, fish or eggs!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #1462

Quote:
HD? Homemade dressing? Don't think I have, but I'll check 'em out when I get a chance. Today we're sailing to the mainland and having an early dinner with our friends from Portland. (They have a place on the island, too.)
OOOppps.. DH
Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #1463

Quote:
Okay, okay. NOW I understand why you guys were concerned when I said I was looking into raw foods. ICK, ICK, ICK! I got a book from the library about raw foods, and I was thinking "vegan." But NOoooo.... this guy had all kinds of raw meat dishes, including a raw hamburger topped with a raw egg. I don't THINK so! And he had a lot of foods known to have carcinogens in them and lots of other unhealthy stuff. That is NOT what I had in mind!

I've just added a lot of raw veggies into my eating plan. I bought a spiralizer to make zucchini pasta and I can hardly wait til it arrives. I also ordered a Kitchen Aid food processor (refurbished so it wasn't too expensive. They still have more on ebay.) I have NO intentions of eating raw meat, fish or eggs!
GOOD!!!.. raw meat.. yuk!..

I'll have to look for that processer for sure.. I was telling D I wanted one hehe
Old 08-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #1464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HD! Thought I was missing a new term! Silly girl!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #1465

Quote:
HD! Thought I was missing a new term! Silly girl!
lol..
Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #1466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh.. I'm so tired! Planned to check on a couple of things and go back to bed for more zzzzzs, but I've been up too long now and need to get my day going. YAWN!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #1467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got my spiralizer in the mail today, and sailed to the mainland and bought a juicer from a guy on Craigslist this afternoon. Seemed like a nice, honest guy and we paid for the juicer and brought it home. Found it disgustingly dirty on the inside with carrot juice and remnants, and never would have bought it if I'd looked inside. I scrubbed it for a long time this evening and now have all the pieces soaking in my kitchen sink. Hope I can clean most of the mess tomorrow! Who would sell it without cleaning it up? He KNEW it was dirty because he even said to be sure to clean it after each use because juices, especially carrot juice, will really stain it! Ticks me off because dh was tolerant about me buying it, even though he wished I wouldn't.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #1468

Quote:
Got my spiralizer in the mail today, and sailed to the mainland and bought a juicer from a guy on Craigslist this afternoon. Seemed like a nice, honest guy and we paid for the juicer and brought it home. Found it disgustingly dirty on the inside with carrot juice and remnants, and never would have bought it if I'd looked inside. I scrubbed it for a long time this evening and now have all the pieces soaking in my kitchen sink. Hope I can clean most of the mess tomorrow! Who would sell it without cleaning it up? He KNEW it was dirty because he even said to be sure to clean it after each use because juices, especially carrot juice, will really stain it! Ticks me off because dh was tolerant about me buying it, even though he wished I wouldn't.
ugh.. I would have sold you a jack lalaine(sp?) juicer if you would have came all the way here..lol.. oh and its CLEAN
Old 08-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #1469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, this one is Jack LaLanne, and it's a lot cleaner than it was. My hands are water-logged and my fingernails are shot from all the time they've spent under water last night and today, but at least I can use the darned machine now. I made DH a glass of orange-apple juice and he loved it. I think he's happy we got it now, but still ticked that this "nice" guy in his "nice" car stuck us with such a dirty machine. And I don't get it--- because when it starts out clean, it only takes a couple of minutes to clean after using it!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #1470

Quote:
Yep, this one is Jack LaLanne, and it's a lot cleaner than it was. My hands are water-logged and my fingernails are shot from all the time they've spent under water last night and today, but at least I can use the darned machine now. I made DH a glass of orange-apple juice and he loved it. I think he's happy we got it now, but still ticked that this "nice" guy in his "nice" car stuck us with such a dirty machine. And I don't get it--- because when it starts out clean, it only takes a couple of minutes to clean after using it!